Shadow Of the Heart Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version


Shadow of the Heart
By GypsyWoman

(Not to be confused with the Shadow Heart game or other books.)

She watched from the back, a shadow among shadows. The darkness was her home. Everywhere she went they never noticed her. Between her breasts the silver pendent spoke of who she was without a word. The sword and the rose was a forgotten statement of power. Not that anyone here would know it.

She glanced to the door as the one she was waiting for entered. The game was going to begin again. She wondered if she would be seen this time? With a shrug she pushed away from the wall and in a practiced glide circled the room. Her target moved to the bar paying no attention to those around him. She smiled he is a very hansom man.

She was here to protect him. His family took the death threat seriously. Of course it was the office that choose to send her. Time to make her move. She altered her glide to slide up to him. She knew what he liked. She ordered a rare drink. That got his notice. Her looks were just what he tended to go for. She would play it cool at first. She would let him make the first move. Play the shy girl to bring out his manly instincts. That way he would want to keep her close. That would make her job easier.

This was why they choose her to protect him without him even knowing. She would stay near him till the threat was taken care of by the second team. This was the way it worked in the six missions she had been on. No time to think of that. She was paid to play a part and play it well. He smiled at her. She smiled back. The hook was set lets see if he bites.

(twelve months ago, same bar different life)

He had came here to die. This city had no pity for ones such as him. He drank the last of his money away on sloe Gin. He was trying to forget that inside him was a woman trying to break out. He wanted to let her out to be true to her. He did not have what it takes. He was a fool.

At that moment a monster of a guy pushed a gal out of his way. She fell and looked to be hurt. He could not stand when guys did that. He pushed up and went to the gal. She was hurt. Well he had come here to die and the drink was not doing it. He helped the gal to the chair he had left. Put the glass in her hand and smiled a sad smile. Then he squared his shoulders and went to confront the monster. He never made it to the monster someone had broke a bottle over his head. He was out before he hit the floor.

He came to on a bed in a motel room from the tacky furniture. the shower was going so he was not alone. He tried to sit up and instantly regretted it. The room swam and he fell back to the bed trying to regain his clarity. After a few moments three things became known to him. First he had breasts. Second he was wearing a nightgown. Third something that had always been between his legs wasn't. This had to be a dream. His wildest dream had come true. He or more properly she was a woman.

The shower shut off and the sound of a hair drier went on. She looked around. Two sets of make up laid out nothing male visible. Chances are that the person in the bathroom is female. Of course in her current state she could do almost nothing to whoever it was. It was so great to be able to say she and her and mean me. The drier shut off and the door opened and there stood the girl from the bar. Wrapped in a towel and smiling. She said "Good morning sleepyhead. My name is Ashley and you my dear are Amber. You might as well forget about your old life that person died in that bar. You are now a Protector. You will spend your life Protecting people. Your new look is part of your payment for doing this job. If you complete 100 jobs you will be released and will be free to live your life however you please. You will be paid as to the difficulty of the job. You will be provided with what you need to do the job. When you finish you time with us you will be a wealthy lady. I understand this necklace is something very special to you? But when we probed for information about it you would clam up even under our strongest techniques. So we are letting you keep it. It is the only thing from your past you will ever see again. I am your training officer. Don't worry once your up to speed you won't have to see me again. The Drug that kept you from getting up should be wearing off by now." I slowly sat up. "Good we can get started as soon as I am dressed. You already know how to be a woman. What I am going to teach you is how to pick a mark and get them to come to you. It does not matter if they are man, woman or someone in between. With your new looks Playing the Girlfriend is your best ploy to keep close to your target.

To be Continued
As always all comments welcome

This is just a little short shot to see if people like this story.

up
253 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intriguing......

D. Eden's picture

Very intriguing. Just enough to pique my interest, but not reall enough to give away anything.

Yes, if this is the quality, I will be avidly following the story.

Hope to see more!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Good start!

Definitely worth continuing. Can't wait to see where this goes.

nomad

Hey yeah

Jamie Lee's picture

You can't dangle the bait and just stop.

Who are the Protectors? How was he chosen? How was he changed?

With questions like these a person has justs gotta know the answers.

Others have feelings too.

Intriguing

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Intriguing. I wonder where you're going to go with this on Gypsy. should be interesting.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

I would like to see more of this,

since this short-short was a bit abrupt. Perhaps if this gets continued, we will see more of the "science/magic" involved in the abrupt change from male to female. It's an interesting plot device and in TG Fiction, different is often synonymous with new interest among other writers and fans.

There are so many tropes about TG Fiction that get used over and over and over, so with a possible new method for the change makes me hope that maybe a new trope has been unveiled for us to play with.

Thanks and have a great day.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg