The Lyssa Kordenay Missions - Book 35 - The Chrysalis Project pt 2

Printer-friendly version

 

TCP2 cover.PNG
Book 35 of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions!
  Candidates have been
 selected. How will they react
  when they find out who their leader is?
 

WARNING: The Lyssa Kordenay Missions may be hyper-violent for some readers!

 

 


 

The Chrysalis Project pt2

 
 
 
CHAPTER 1

Todd Dunkirk was bored. He reported to the office of the Commanding General of Special Forces every morning at 09:00 and then ran whatever errands to DIA and whomever else needed to be run then spent the rest of the day wandering around the Pentagon or various other places close by to be able to report back within five minutes until 18:00, 6:00 p.m., then was released for the day. After duty he'd go back to Ft.Mead and relax. sort of.

That's how it had been for the past three almost four weeks. No word from the mysterious couple and he didn't even bother to ask General Singleton or his staff about it.The first day was strange, the General had called him in and gave him a very vague briefing. The tasking had come from above the General's pay-grade but while Dunkirk was there he was expected to be textbook SF during duty hours and not bring attention to himself off duty.

Dunkirk had no problem with that and since had kept himself as inconspicuous as he could. At the final check in he was told to return in an hour and report directly to the General.

An hour later he knocked on the door and heard the characteristic growl, "Inside."

Todd entered and snapped his salute, "reporting as ordered Sir."

General Singleton reached down and pulled out a small bag and handed it over.

Todd gave him a puzzled look, "What do I do with it Sir?"

"Remove all personal effects and bag them Sergeant," the General said.

Confused Todd did so then removed his brass and ribbons when the General pointed at them, "ALL personal effects Soldier. Dog tags too."

He removed his dog tags then turned out his pockets as afterthought.

"Alright young lady. That's everything. He's all yours now," Singleton said to the woman sitting in the corner.

Todd turned to see a young woman with sable brown hair stand up and take the bag, "Thank you General. Follow me soldier."

He followed the woman out to a silver SUV. After showing her to his car she then drove out of the Pentagon lot. Twenty minutes later they pulled in at an office plaza without a sign, he followed her in and up to an office.

"Welcome Sergeant Dunkirk. Have a seat," the gruff looking man behind the desk said.

Todd sat down and waited silently as the man continued to work at a computer.

After several minutes the man looked up, "Last night all contents of the apartment you were maintaining in Charleston were removed and transferred. An hour ago certain things were removed from your quarters at Ft.Mead. Certain items of your personal effects will be returned that can not be replaced in two weeks. Tomorrow night a vehicle incident will take place just outside the city. A body will be recovered and identified as yours. The body will have to be identified by DNA. As of this moment you are now quarantined, is that understood?"

Todd answered immediately, "Yes Sir."

The man looked back at him intently, "I'm Major Paul Dannigan."

The Major took out a folder and Todd saw the Top Secret tab and name: Chrysalis 3.

"From here you'll be taken to a house in Georgetown for some time then taken to another location outside CONUS to begin your re-classification after medical clearance. You will commence the transitional process during which you will retain your previous skill sets and acquire new. When done you'll be evaluated and either continue training or take up an operational status and with a mission designator," Dannigan read from the folder then looked up and his dark blue eyes bore into Todd, "make no mistake Sergeant, you are about to enter a world from which there is no return and you have the opportunity to be taught by the best in the United States covert service. Not some of the best. THE BEST. This is the point of no return."

Todd Dunkirk returned the intense look and said firmly, "I want in Sir and I won't fail."

"Failure translates into death Sergeant. Understood," Dannigan asked.

Todd answered quickly, "Yes Sir. I wouldn't want it any other way."

Dannigan nodded then pressed a buzzer, "ok Madison."

The sable haired woman came back in, "come with me please."

Dunkirk stood and saluted which was returned then followed her out. Half an hour later she pulled in at a house and got out. Todd followed her inside.

"The bedroom on the left upstairs is yours. This is yours as well. The backyard is private but please do not go out front for any reason. No mail or deliveries come here. There's no phone or internet. I'll check in with you all daily," Madison said after handing Todd a folder, "learn that. That's you from now on."

Madison left after that. Todd went upstairs and looked into the bedroom, it was well appointed as was the connecting bathroom and there appeared to be a selection of clothing that on closer inspection turned out to be his size. He turned on the lamp, sat down and began reading, the history of Ms. Tiffany Davereaux.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Lyssa checked in with Kimberly, "how much do you lack?"

"We're taking off in a few minutes. L.A. traffic sucks worse than San Diego," Kimberly commented.

"Don't I know it. You got everything from the Air Forcer," Lyssa asked.

"oh that was a breeze, just diverted the PODS unit to Nassau and put it under my name," Kimberly laughed, "Carl will go and transfer the contents into conex boxes to be picked up by us at the private hangars. Navy girl is already looking out the window. Her car crash will be discovered in a few minutes to an hour."

"Ok. Pete set up everything for the Air Forcer and is flying her to D.C," Lyssa said.

"So drop Navy off in D.C., pick up the Army boxes and head home right," Kimberly asked.

"Right and pick up the Air Forcer's stuff in Nassau," Lyssa replied.

"Will do. See you in a couple of days," Kimberly signed off.

"All set babe," Rodrick announced crawling out from under the car.

Lyssa leaned in and turned the ignition then dropped the gear, "rest in peace whoever you were. You will be honored."

They both watched as the car idled off the embankment and down the gorge to hit and erupt into a massive fireball.

 


 

Chapter 2

Erick Kohler walked down the hallway and passed two rooms that stood open. One held a man reading at a desk or vanity table, the other seemed empty, which it was as the occupant walked up the stairs behind him.

"hi. I'm, uh,uh, Shawna," he said.

"Oh! So you're in this quarantine thing too," Erick commented.

Shawna laughed, "yeah. I was Air Force. Got here a couple of hours ago."

Erick smiled, "I was Navy. What about....."

Erick nodded looking into the room with the reader.

"That's Tiffany. She's not much of a talker. So what's your name," Shawna asked.

Erick looked a bit lost, "um. I dunno. I guess I don't have one yet."

"Sure you do. Its in your file that Madison gave you," Shawna pointed.

Quickly Erick set down his bag and looked in the file, "Krystel Evanson."

"Nice to meet you Krystel," Shawna said.

"You too," Krystel answered then followed Shawna down to the last bedroom, "so what happens next?"

"We wait until they tell us to do something else. I ETS'd so I dunno about the two of you," Shawna explained.

"They um,well; faked my death," Krystel admitted.

"Oh Wow! So you're totally blacked out," Shawna sighed, "well the old saying applies. 'You can't go home.' I think Tiffany's in the same boat but like I said, she's not a talker. Well in any case, I have dinner almost ready if you're hungry. I cooked for two but Tiffany said she'd fix something for herself later."

Krystel dropped the bag and file on the empty bed and followed Shawna back down to the kitchen.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Lyssa and Rodrick looked over Kimberly's shoulder at the window on the computer talking to Dannigan. It had been three weeks.

"Ok, we have all their belongings here now. Carl and Eddie are finishing up putting furniture into their trailers. LoneStar and Pete will fly up in the morning to pick up our three amigos and bring them back here after sunset," Lyssa said.

Dannigan nodded, "that's good. So far all deaths are now officially listed and the funerals were staggered so that I could attend them all."

Rodrick informed him, "we'll give them a day to settle in then get started on them. A discreet doctor I know in Nassau will take care of the hormones thing. Once every two weeks I'll fly her in and she'll do the shots. Blood work as needed and call back with results. She went to Johns Hopkins so you know she's a good doctor."

"Works for me," Dannigan replied, "you have the schedules made out by you, Lyssa and Kimberly so they should be quite busy for a long time."

"Star will keep Shawna's flight current using the three helos we have here and Pete will get her trained on fixed wing," Kimberly added.

"I think it'd be a good idea for all three to have some flight training on fixed wing and rotor for emergencies," Dannigan stated.

"Yeah that is a good idea," Lyssa agreed.

Kimberly and Rodrick nodded also.

"Make it happen then," Dannigan said signing off.

Kimberly then pulled up the schedule and began making the amendments as everybody else went about finishing the training areas and medical facility.

 

~o~O~o~

 

For three weeks Todd Dunkirk had read late into the night studying the file. The fabricated history, Legend as it was called in the intelligence community, of
his new identity; Tiffany Davereaux. Born in central Louisiana, which worked well considering he came from close to there and had the natural accent.

The problem was that Tiffany spoke fifteen languages as locals did. Todd only spoke four and not as a local; french, arabic, german and russian. Also that Tiffany was an accomplished dancer with hopes of attending both Julliard and then the Bolshoi Academy and an italian modeling school. Ballet wasn't the only dancing; there was ballroom as well, in particular International Latin. That was all the declassified information. A single sheet denoted the classified information was pending.

No siblings, parents deceased. No next of kin at all. Emergency contact information was classified. Todd shook his head and wondered if the same applied to the other two sharing quarantine. Time enough to deal with all that when it came he thought turning off the lamp and went to bed. His biggest concern was the obvious. Todd didn't know how to dance, at all. How the hell was he supposed to become this accomplished dancer when he had three left feet and still maintain an operational edge? With a groan he rolled over and tried to sleep.

He muttered to himself, "geez, its like they want me to be a spy and somebody like Lyssa Kordenay."

 


 

CHAPTER 3

Madison jumped back from the kiss with Pete at her desk.

Dannigan had cleared his throat loudly, "Ahem."

Blushing furiously she muttered, "sorry Major."

He chuckled, "that's alright Madison. You two don't see each other as much as you'd like. I just wanted to tell Pete that LoneStar has filed the return flightplan and is refueled. Pick up the kids in an hour and a half, that should give you some time to; cover the basics."

Pete laughed, "thanks super-spook."

Madison grabbed her purse and hurried to the elevator with Pete following close behind as Dannigan returned to his desk chuckling to himself. An hour and forty-five minutes later they pulled up at the Georgetown house and found the three sitting in the front room with their bags at the door.

"Ready to go girls," Madison asked.

All three replied in unison, "All set."

Madison waved them to follow and they picked up their bags walking out as Madison locked the door behind them. At the plane they saw Dannigan standing with the black clad pilot and it seemed like a casual discussion though Pete took note of LoneStar's body stance and knew otherwise.

"Whoa. Wonder what the hot topic is," he muttered so only Madison could hear.

Madison tilted her head not understanding and gave him a puzzled look.

"Star is pissed. I can tell by the way he's standing," Pete said.

LoneStar looked over and saw them approach then walked back up into the plane. After a handshake with Dannigan and goodbye kiss with Madison Pete boarded the plane followed by the three inductees. Within minutes they were taking off and heading south.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Tiffany, Shawna and Krystel looked at each other as the pilot that didn't show himself called out in a cold voice that inspired chills, "Boots an' saddles. We're on final approach. Strap in."

They buckled their belts and looked out the windows but all they saw was ocean as the jet came in low and set down on the runway smoothly then taxied to a hangar. The engines shutdown and stairs were lowered then the pilots de-planed followed by them.

"This way," Pete motioned for them.

LoneStar began the post flight checks.

"Don't worry. Even though its zero-one thirty; the orientation will be brief. Three hangars for aircraft; the office is in the main hangar there. Inside that walled area are the trailers. You each have one to yourself and there's the classroom and a medical facility. We have no real medical people but they can be brought in if needed."

They filed into the 'classroom' as Pete had called it; a converted three bedroom trailer and sat at the table in the main room. Moments later a strawberry blonde woman in a form fitted black bodysuit walked in wearing an assault harness with pistol in the thigh holster.

She faced them, "Hello ladies, its late so we won't be long. My name is Kimberly Moore. I run intel and logistics here. Krystel, I'll be your primary trainer but you'll spend time with the others. Shawna you'll be spending a lot of time with me as well. Tiffany, you'll spending some time with me but I'm not your primary trainer. My designator is: Lightning Bug."

They all nodded.

"Shawna you'll be spending most of your time with me. I'm Rodrick Mason your primary trainer. call-sign: RamRod," Rodrick stepped in wearing black BDU's and introduced himself, "Tiffany and Krystel; you'll also spend time with me learning maritime skills such as dive-ops, ship board activities and fixed-wing aircraft."

Pete stepped up, "I'll be providing your supplemental on fixed-wing aircraft and I'm the range safety officer and sniper trainer. Name's Pete, call-sign:Piper."

The black clad pilot stepped forward and they strained to hear his calm cold voice, "I'm your rotor-craft flight instructor. I'll teach you how to fly and fight in the sky also how to conduct rope assault and extraction from helo's. I'm LoneStar."

A man in coveralls called out from the side by the door, "I'm Eddie. Ground control and mechanic. If I say it ain't flying; it AIN'T flying. I love our aircraft, so don't blow me off or you'll get everywhere by rowboat."

Finally a woman passed between the tables before they could turn to see her face.

With her back to them the blonde in a form-fitted black bodysuit and combat harness addressed them, "I'll be instructing you in assault operations, espionage, assassination. Hand to hand, close quarters battle, demolitions, para-ops, interrogation, soft-probe penetration, hard-hit extraction. also the
flip-side of that coin; counter-ops. how to move in Jungle, swamp, woodland, desert, arctic and urban environments. I'll also be teaching you your necessary social skills including dance and languages. I'm going to run each and every single one of you into the ground and demand more out of you than anybody ever has in your lives. and you'll give it to me or die trying because I expect nothing but every ounce of your being from EACH of you! Tiffany I'm your primary trainer, especially for your ballet, ballroom dancing and modeling. My designator is Steel Butterfly."

She said to them in a clear voice as she turned around to face them, "My name is Lyssa Kordenay-Mason. You met my husband already."

The three sat there gaping in stunned silence.

"Wow. They're taking that really well," Pete muttered to Kimberly.

Kimberly laughed softly, "oh just wait til they find out she was a DemonWraith. They'll probably shit bricks."

LoneStar himself chuckled at that. Lyssa nodded to Rodrick and the men,signalling them to exit then she and Kimberly walked around and sat on the table facing them.

"A long time ago I was somewhat like you. I had issues that I denied and tried to conceal. I was in Delta Force. Then a DemonWraith. I was captured on a compromised mission and held for a week being tortured for information. They didn't break me. After I was rescued I was given a medical discharge. Before that hearing I was approached by Major Dannigan and offered the brass ring. I demanded gold instead and got it. According to him, I'm the best Operator in the world. I work in plain-sight. Tiffany you'll learn how to do what I do. Shawna, you're our ghost; moving in the shadows of other agencies and offices undercover. Krystel you'll be here and later on you'll be swapping between here with Kimberly and in Washington with the Major. I can't be everywhere and sometimes my fame works against us. Also the day will come that I'll be ready to step out of field ops. That's where you come in Tiffany. You'll take my place in the spotlight and in the shadows," Lyssa explained.

Kimberly smiled, "I was like you all too. Active duty army, military intelligence and in the closet. Major Dannigan found out they were about to slam-dunk me and provided me a way to napalm the ones that nuked my career on my way out the door. I was as floored when I met Lyssa as all of you are. That's it for now. We have your trailer's somewhat ready. There's a conex box with your things beside your trailer and name on the door."

Lyssa finished, "from now until zero-five monday you have time to get squared away. At zero-five tomorrow you'll fall out at the east end of the runway for PT, which consists of a triathlon six days a week. Sunday you rest. You'll see your training schedules in your trailers, we all have copies. who, where, when and what. Your faces are completely healed, as has from your orchidechtomy so I'll hear no excuses. That's it ladies. Dismissed."
Lyssa and Kimberly stood up and began to walk out.

Tiffany finally found voice, "Tell me this isn't a joke or a trick of some kind."

"Oh you're going to wish it was; before the end of Day One's PT Ms.Davereaux. You will wish it was," Lyssa said firmly then walked out into the night.

 


 

CHAPTER 4

Lyssa stood waiting at the end of the runway as the three arrivals joined her.

"Pick one; swim, bike or run," she announced.

Tiffany hesitantly answered, "run."

"Very well. One extra mile will be added to your run for being late ladies," Lyssa informed them, "there are only twenty-fours hours in a day and if you don't use them wisely you'll be reminded that time-management is critical to women and the longer we do PT the shorter your time to shower,eat and get prepared for the day is. and before you ask; yes when you are not on a range or in the water I do expect you dressed and made-up as the women you aspire to be. I expect it of myself. I expect it of Kimberly. I expect it of you."

All three women caught themselves before groaning in anticipated remorse.

Lyssa pointed to the three mountain bikes facing a fourth that she sat on, "mount up. The runway is a mile long and we have 5 to do then you'll run it 6 times and finally swim from here around to the opposite beach. If you want to compete against yourselves that's fine by me. Prizes are at your own discretion. Move out."

They followed Lyssa the required lengths of the runway then tried hard to keep up with the blistering pace she set for the run. The swim was another story all together and straggled in one by one to meet Lyssa back at their starting point.

"Two hours to get ready and eat. I suggest you hurry. Fall out," Lyssa said with an even voice.

All three saluted then made their way back to their trailers.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Kimberly stood in front of a plasma screen as one by one Tiffany, Shawna and Krystel came into the classroom. She turned around and saw them before
giving the order to sit and dropped her laser-pointer.

"OH FUCK ME IN A DARK ALLEY! what in God's name is this," she looked at them in dismay.

They looked at each other and realized that in some way each one was unacceptable.

Kimberly looked intently at each one, "Krystel; really? Booty-shorts and a crop top? Shawna where the hell is your make-up? Tiffany; I'm not even gonna bother with you. UNACCEPTABLE! Each and every one of you. You have half an hour to get right and get back. MOVE!"

When they returned Lyssa and Kimberly both stood at the front of the classroom looking very disappointed. If Kimberly's emerald green, black-belted shirt dress and black patent pumps hadn't given them a clue earlier, Lyssa's crisp white halter dress and stiletto-heeled sandals did now.

"Sit," Lyssa said coldly.

All three sat and silently waited for her to address them.

"I'll admit that neither myself nor Kimberly expected fashion plates on day one. We did however expect some effort and enthusiasm from all three of you. I thought I explained things well enough, though briefly, this morning," Lyssa addressed them at large then focused on each one, "Krystel, you're an intelligence specialist; not going for cheerleader try-outs. Shawna, you'll be among female agents of every law enforcement and intelligence agency of the U.S., not a before candidate for the cosmetics counter at the mall. Tiffany you're going to be a top model and ballerina internationally, not a castoff of the redneck version of Jersey shore on MTV."

All three looked down for the truthful call-out.

Tiffany promptly stood up, "Ma'am. We apologize and will see to it that you will not be disappointed in us again. Would you please outline our parameters for appropriate appearance? If possible; also help us sort through our wardrobes so that we don't make the same mistake again?"

Kimberly answered first, "the three of you will forfeit your beach time today to make up the lesson planned for now and you will all give us one walking lap of the runway this evening before dinner. In heels."

All three nodded in acceptance. Two hours passed by with Lyssa's careful instruction of make-up application and demonstration on all three then one on one wardrobe with Tiffany. Kimberly did the same with Shawna and Krystel. Orders were placed with an online vendor for specially sized clothes for them and shoes as well. After all that the scheduled lessons began and were completed.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Rodrick sat on the couch on the patio with Lyssa relaxing in his arms.

"So how bad was day one," he asked.

"Not bad. They've been shocked and they've been awed. Now to get them to pull together and see how much they can help each other by being friends,"
Lyssa replied.

"Still think Krystel is going to be ready before the others," Rodrick asked running his fingers through her hair.

Lyssa purred then sighed, "yeah. She'll be ready first. Tiffany is the one that'll take the longest. Her training is more in depth."

Rodrick chuckled, "if she thinks PT is hell; just wait til she gets into the dance studio with you."

"That's true, but don't forget. I have to be careful with her or her feet will be ruined before she even gets to a stage," she reminded him.

"I just hope Paul doesn't find something for us to do before we get a good portion of their training knocked out," Rodrick stated.

Lyssa leaned up and kissed him, "we'll get through it. We always do, somehow."

Rodrick smiled then stood up cradling Lyssa and carried her inside to their bed.

"Tomorrow's coming soon enough. I'm not done with tonight yet," he chuckled as Lyssa pulled him into the bed on top of her.
 
 
 
 
 

Lyssa Kordenay will return in Transitions!!!

up
504 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

would be well worth the pain

would be well worth the pain and suffering when you know what is waiting for you at the end of the rainbow. I can guess that the girls have found their "dance cards" rather full right about now.

The girls still have their testosterone

It isn't going to get any easier once the testosterone support goes away. There is a reason why women have to struggle to maintain muscle mass/fitness. That is surely the reason why Lyssa goes through such a grueling daily exercise regimen. When I transitioned I loss like 15 pounds of muscle mass. That may not seem much but I was only 138 pounds to start with.

I have met Kristin Beck also and she has no where even close to the muscle mass in her 'before' photos.

Yes I know they have orchies

Still, there is a bit of lag before testosterone's effects fade.

Hormone effects

In most cases, Guest, I would say you are correct, but there is always an exception to prove the rule.

I started to transition in late '92, I was 5'5" and initially 125 pounds soaking wet.

Starting around that time, I began, then maintained a fairly active lifestyle, primarily by walking five to ten miles per day. Nothing more than walking, honestly, as my knees and ankles were already giving me problems by then, but I had legs that were solid, IRON hard.

I maintained that level of exercise for quite a long time, until 2010, about a year after my last relationship fell apart. At one point, thanks to all the walking I was doing and had done, I reached a peak weight of 171 pounds and could kick extremely hard and high.

During most of that time period, my testosterone was at very minimal levels thanks to my being on Androcur (cyproterone acetate).

Then I let things go, and my weight climbed steadily, reaching an all time high of 269.8 pounds early last December. Since then, I've lost about 25 pounds with almost NO physical activity; instead, I changed what I was eating and the pounds pretty much melted away.

So, it's not impossible to end up being very muscular and still look female, although I've never passed all that well myself. That issue had nothing to do with transitioning or my exercise regimen, but with my rather visible beard shadow because I can't afford electrolysis.

I've rarely worn heels because of my weak ankles, but while I exercised as I said here, I had a very female lower leg shape. As long as people were behind me or a bit of a distance away, the image they saw was that of a female walking down the sidewalks and paths.

Yep, to maintain the fitness they need, a serious daily regimen is required while still allowing them to keep a feminine body shape.

"Good training"

D. Eden's picture

As the Marine Corps Gunnery Sargeant who was my first drill instructor when I joined the Navy referred to it.

Good training was the type of training that left you too tired to do much more than shower and crawl into your rack. Unfortunately, that wasn't all you had to do, so you learned to deal with it. Or you DOR'd.

I can't speak for anyone else, but after the first few days I actually began to look forward to much of it. I began to feel a sense of accomplishment and a sense of belonging that had been sadly lacking from my life beforehand. It didn't hurt that I was often so tired that my sleep was untroubled by my gender issues and my many other self-doubts.

Throughout my career in the service I found that activity and stressful situations helped to keep those thoughts at bay. Combat was perhaps the best thing I have ever found to focus one's thoughts and to purge the doubts and issues due to my dysphoria.

I can't imagine going through what the new girls are going through - learning to be ladies, learning all the new skills required of their new identities and positions, and especially Tiffany having to learn dance on top of all that. The closest I can equate to it was my college days with learning to be a Naval officer, playing college level soccer, and studying engineering. Thank God my gender dysphoria pretty much eliminated any desire I had for a social life, lol!

I would love to have seen the looks on the girls faces when Lyssa turned around and announced herself. Can't wait to see more Hon.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I see blisters in the girl's near future

The three new girls are going to be surprised at what is required from them but with Lyssa and Kimberly leading the way they won’t have any option but to follow. They will also learn what they are truly capable of doing.

Two miles in high heels!! There will be blisters!

I am sure the interactions of everyone will lead the stories to new levels.

Jeri

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

The joys of boot camp

gillian1968's picture

In ROTC, I had it relatively easy.

But I still remember dragging back to the quarters after a 10K around the airfield.

I didn't know I had gender issues back then, just a vague loneliness that made it easy to relax and hang out in the room.

But to perform at this level, you need to put in the work and pay the price.

Gillian Cairns

Re: The joys of boot camp

I wish I had been able to be in the military, it might have helped me to find the focus to make something of myself. *sigh*

I never took that chance, though, thanks to dealing with both asthma and epilepsy. The closest I got to the military was talking to a few folks in the Canadian forces almost thirty years ago who were on leave and I learned that medical issues like mine made it very unlikely.

I also have a heart murmur, which could have complicated things if I had gone that route.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I could have kept up with such a physical regimen. Yeah, in the comment I posted a few minutes ago, I described what resulted from my doing something as simple as walking regularly, but military training goes way, way beyond that level.

I totally agree with your last remark here.

lol

Surprise surprise for the 3 finding its exactly Lyssa Kordenay they are meeting. I love that part so much. :)