Sorority Boy : 1

Printer-friendly version

The triumphant return of the adventures of College Girl! Find out What trouble Richard has gotten himself into now!

I had finished moving my things into my new room at the Sorority; rather Caitlin did as Richard was pretty well gone. One utterly failed attempt to change things later and I was now a she. I had not expected the House to accept me or to make certain changes at the National Level. So I was here until I quit because I refused to go back on my word. Besides, so much about this House sounded pretty cool.

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. There should be no way that these characters are like anyone else, but if that isn’t the case, it has definitely been unintentional. Also, if you happen to find that your life is represented in these pages, I’ll be impressed.

Sorority Boy
By poetheather
Chap 1

I had finished moving my things into my new room at the Sorority; rather Caitlin did as Richard was pretty well gone. One utterly failed attempt to change things later and I was now a she. I had not expected the House to accept me or to make certain changes at the National Level. So I was here until I quit because I refused to go back on my word. Besides, so much about this House sounded pretty cool.

The upside of all of this smiled over at me as I set down the last load of books from my old room with Gwen. Meredith was the architect of how I looked now and I was in love with this crazy Make up expert. “That’s it?”

“Yep. I cleared everything out. So Dawn can move in there today and that should be fine. Dawn and Gwen…cute.” I noted.

Merri just rolled her eyes and cranked up some music. That helped the time pass as we got everything put away and cleaned up. The room passed for tidy and organized, though I did notice that her side looked more…organic, less orderly. Could I actually be neater than a girl? In all the times I had come over to her room I hadn’t really focused on things like that, but my side was neat and orderly and her’s was looser.

I looked at my clock and saw that it was lunch time. That would be nice and my stomach did grumble a bit. That was a good amount of work this morning. “Merri, want some lunch?”

“Sure. Let’s go for Chinese.”

“How about Mexican? I have a hankering of fajitas.” I countered.

She pondered this and then shrugged. I liked how her breasts moved without a bra. “I guess it’ll work and food sounds good.”

“Do you want anyone else to come along?” I liked eating with friends, it felt better somehow.

“Sure. Who do you have in mind?” Merri was still distracted and I wasn’t sure why. This could be a bad thing.

“Becca, Alison, Gwen and Dawn.” It sounded like a nice safe list to me. I liked all of them; well I didn’t really know Dawn. This might be a good chance to get to know her better. Besides, who didn’t like Mexican food?

Once the calls were made we headed out. Gwen and Dawn said they would meet us at La Hacienda. They had plans to do some shopping afterwards and Dawn was going to drive. I was not unhappy passengering.

Becca was actually the first to get there, as she didn’t live too terribly far from the restaurant. She had already been snarfing the chips and had ordered a large Guacamole for the rest of us. It was tasty and green and creamy and what? I like the stuff.

Alison was dressed in what she called “Easy Goth”, which was black jeans and a black t-shirt. She looked awesome. Of course the Goth Bling, silver Ankhs and Pentacles, completed the look. She was the most “colorful” of our group, as everyone else looked like everyone else. People stared at the group of us, trying to sort things out. I kept singing “One of these things is not like the other” in my head.

“Meredith, would it be possible to get the colors in something black and gothic?”

“Unfortunately not. The house colors are pretty well set, but whoever is your Big Sister will talk to you about that.” Replied Meredith, as she scanned the menu. “Mmmmmm, tamales.”

Dawn, Alison and I all looked at each other in confusion. “Big Sister?”

“Yeah. It will be one of the other girls of the House who has been there a while. It will probably be one of the girls you click the most with. It’s actually pretty cool. As Pledges you guys will end up doing some crazy things before you get initiatated, but we are there to support you. And your Big Sis will be there cheering you on.” Meredith kept scanning the menu, looking for something. Apparently she couldn’t find whatever it was.

One thing that happened with everyone talking was that Alison slipped me a small piece of paper without any one else noticing. I slipped it off the table and into my lap. I opened up the paper and looked at what was written. “I know.”

My heart about stopped. She knew? How? But I thought…but Merri had…Oh My God… I looked up at Alison and she smiled at me, nodding slightly. What the hell was I going to do?

Suddenly food was not important. I excused myself and headed for the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face as I felt flush. I had done everything right, right? Everything that I had been asked to do I had done and I looked and sounded like a woman. What could have given me away?

The door of the restroom opened and there was Alison. “Hey Caitlin, are you okay?”

I opened my mouth to say something, but when nothing came out I closed it again. She continued. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell anyone. I know a number of people like you, so relax. If I didn’t know what to look for I would never have noticed.”

That really didn’t help things. How the hell can I explain this?

“And to do the Sorority thing as well…that took some big ovaries. But then again, with everything they told us about their House it shouldn’t be that much of a shock that someone like you got in.”

I wanted to explain, to point out how everything had come to pass, but words failed me. Part of me was so scared that I couldn’t really see straight. “I…uhm…”

“And you and Meredith make a cute couple.”

I blinked a few times. Wait, what? What did that have to do with anything?

“And it’s cool. Like I said, I know a bunch of lesbians.”

I felt the world spin slightly as blood rushed back into my head. She thought I was a lesbian? A lesbian? Not a guy in a dress but a lesbian? Maybe things weren’t as bad as I had thought. “Thanks. It’s just that we’re trying to keep it quiet at the moment.”

It was true and addressed both issues. How did I get into these situations? Oh yeah…with Meredith’s help. Sometimes I really wished I had backed out back then, with that phone call. Man am I an idiot.

“No problem. I just wanted you to know that it’s cool with me.”

“Thank you.” We hugged and then headed back to the large booth.

Meredith and Becca looked a bit confused but Gwen and Dawn hadn’t seemed to have noticed too much. That was good. I could fill the other two in later, so they could be ready for anything that Alley might say. Alison had managed to say that in such a way that it could be misunderstood easily. If one of them slipped up I have no idea what could happen? After all this, to possibly get tripped up over a quirky sense of diction would be sad.

I slipped the paper to Meredith, who looked at it and then looked at me confused. I sighed, rolled my eyes and shook my head. Come on, she’s not that dumb. I could see the light grow in her eyes, as a slight panic set in. Alley just smiled at the two of us. I think I may have to kill her for this, though which her was up for debate.

After lunch was over I was finally able to get Becca and Merri alone so I could tell them everything. Both looked relieved, and Becca chuckled. I huffed at her, “Its not funny Becca!”

“No, it is.” Becca kept giggling and Meredith started as well. Soon the three of us were just giggling while the others looked at us in confusion. I was okay with that. I had not needed to have my heart jump started, I was awake already.

There was a plan for a group of people to head out to the lake this afternoon and to drink and have fun. I wasn’t keen on the drinking but I did enjoy hanging out at the lake. Supposedly this was one of the few nice things that the pledges got to have before things really got going with the start of the school year.

Before we left the restaurant Becca grabbed me, to keep me behind. “Just to let you know, we are going home this weekend to see my folks and your mom.”

“What?” Did I have a sign around my neck saying to surprise me? Was I really asking for that much abuse? Don’t answer that.

“Yeah. My dad is paying for the gas. We’re staying over at my folks place on Friday and Saturday we have a picnic with everyone. Sunday you and I head back here. Sound good?”

“Do I have an option?” I knew the answer but I had to ask.

“No. Your Mom told me she wanted to see you before school started so my Dad is helping to make this happen. It’ll be fun. You can bring Merri along if you want. I am sure everyone will love to meet your lesbian girlfriend.” Becca smiled and again I saw I was disarmed. Why couldn’t I win?

“Fine. I’ll ask her. Any other surprises you need to spring on me?”

Becca looked pensive and bit her lip. She looked away and whispered something. I couldn’t make out what it was. This was so unlike her. What was wrong? “Hunh?”

Somewhat louder she said, “I’m pregnant you idiot.”

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Woah....

Now, you'd best get the next installment up here soon... Enquiring minds want to know!

Everything up to the last line is typical (fun, but nothing too surprising for Caitlin). But, woah, that came out of left field. It will be interesting to see who gets to be her "big sister" too...

What A Cliffhanger!!!

Becca sure did give Caitlin/Richard a heart stopper of a news break. My question id who the father is? This can make things very interesting for our Sorority Boy
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

OK who did it?

Wow that last line definately was a heart stopper. The question now is, who is the father? Is it Caitlin? That would make for an interesting turn of events, and an interesting topic.

"Who got you preggers?"

"Why Caitlin of course?"

That would go over real well! ... NOT!

Great job, glad to see you are still writing the story.

Hugs
Joni W

a pregnant pause

laika's picture

Heather: I've been anxiously awaiting the continuation of Caitlin's story. Luckily, there were a couple of nice stand-alone stories from you helped ease the wait, and I'm glad you didn't stick us with this bit of a cliff hanger back in (?) October. So is a bunch of SORORITY BOY written? Hope so................. I'll confess
that for some reason I don't care for the title, maybe it reminds me of that (I assume, didn't see it)
sucky peurile crossdressing comedy movie from a few years back. But you had to call
it something, and I can't think of one more fitting...
~~~hugs, Laika

When I was doing research

When I was doing research into transgender literature, I watched that film. OMG it was bad. However, This story isn't that lame. People have to work for things here and there really is no magical story fairy for them either. I can be and have been mean to my characters, for conflict brings out who you are better than anything else. Caitlin is definitely shaping up to be someone I would have loved to hang out with.

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Caitlin

is most definitely someone I would like to hang out with. My discomfort with the title is that it implies Caitlin at this point still self-identifies as a boy first.

It is understandable of course but after having followed and thoroughly enjoyed the original series, describing Caitlin as being a boy is a bit disconcerting. I think Caitlin can lay claim to being as much a girl as boy, if not more so.

Luckily for us I think the balance keeps shifting 9). I for one vote for a trilogy, where the final balance shifts radically and she is wholeheartedly a she. Or, maybe a five part series, the remaining four parts for each year she is at school. Yes, I am greedy ;-).

Kim

Finally!!!!!!!!

I have sooooo been missing this story. Thank you for continuing it.

So Becca has a paracite in her, huh? Hmmmmm. this should get interesting. could the child have two mommys?

Caitlin is going home...... If I remember right, her mother hasn't seen her this way yet. This should make for an interesting reunion.

Again, I can't wait to read more.

A.A.

College Boy years ago,

Heather,
Glad to find the saga continued. I had thought at the time it was not finished but was at SP at that time. I don't know if it was listed there.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

The first part was listed

The first part was listed there but because of the erratic updating I decided to move everything over here. It's been here ever since.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.