For Master Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Callahan Residence, Mississauga
Night, July 10th

I spent the night focusing on my body, after transferring some money around to make up for emptying my funds earlier that day.

My vocal cords were completely healed and regrown. The finicky cells had finally grown in. With a small tape recorder I began to speak, tightening and loosening my vocal cords as I spoke. At first I couldn't control it, and when I spoke my voice squeaked and boomed at random. Even trying to get back to my regular voice took over half an hour. At midnight, after flooding my body with hormones to keep myself awake, I was slowly getting some control. I could make my voice to a deep bass, or a sweet dulcet voice. It took about ten minutes achieving the right pitch and tone, but all I would need to get it was practice.

Then it was time to work on my brain. The fight with Bobby had shown me that I needed something to end fights quickly and keep people happy. A quick check online, showed that my program had finally gotten the plans ready for my brain surgery and aerosol spray. It showed how to double the rate of production for endorphin, oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine, and tiny tubes taking the excess hormones to a snake like poison sack in the mouth, then a tiny spray system that would squirt out a puff of the invisible chemicals into the immediate area. It was complicated, but on a small scale it was doable.

I set the necessary cells to work, making sure to take the necessary time to get it working without causing undue stress to my brain. I didn't want another headache and nose bleed.

At five am, with my brain and muscles overloading from too much adenosine and melatonin, I finally let myself go to sleep. Even with the tingling in my mouth and jaw I collapsed into bed.

**
Mississauga,
July 11, 2007

Rachael and I sat on a beach looking out over Lake Ontario, as far from the crowds as possible. She was in her hot pants and a tank top, I had a baggy pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

“I like this place. Lake Superior is cooler, but it's pretty cold even in the summer,” she told me leaning her head on my shoulder.

I remembered the beaches Master and I had visited. They were always tropical and warm with crystal clear water, not the cool, blue water that laid before us. I missed Master, but at least I had someone with me. I wouldn't dream of sharing myself with someone digitally, not without Masters say so, my digital body was his, but this body was mine. And Rachael was mine to, and Mom. “Do you like to swim?”

“Yeah, but I don't have a bathing suit.”

Scooping Rachael up, she went over my shoulder. As she screamed and beat on my back, I headed into the water. When I was waist deep in water, I flipped her back into my arms. “One, two, THREE!” I shouted throwing her into the water.

She came up spitting mad, pushing me as hard as she could. It wasn't enough to even knock me back, but I fell into the water with a laugh anyways.

“You jerk!” she shouted storming onto the beach.

Scrambling after her, I grabbed her hand, “What's wrong?”

“I'm soaking wet, and cold! And I don't have a towel to dry myself off, or any clothes,” she snapped, grabbing her purse.

If we'd been alone, I'd have told her to strip and wait to dry off, but according to Mom that was bad. “So? It's a warm day, lets just sit down in the sun and we'll dry off.”

“Do you know what it feels like having a bra and panties dry off like that? Not comfortable.”

Grabbing my things, I followed along behind her. “I'm sorry, I didn't know. I wasn't thinking.”

“Yeah I noticed. My parents are going to kill me when they see me wearing this and soaking wet.”

“Come my place, we can throw your clothes in to wash, and watch movies until they're done and your parents are at work. Please,” I begged, seeing her angry with me was breaking my heart. I thought people liked to swim and playing tricks like this always got a laugh in movies.

Her nasty glare didn't go away. My program was wracking Sam's brain trying to figure out what I did wrong and how to make it better, but I didn't know how to make her happy. If it had been Master I'd have been on my knees giving him the choice of holes, but that wouldn't work with Rachael. I'd scared her last night. I'd made Bobby hate me. Now she hated me to, and she was probably going to slap me and tell me to never see her again, and she'd vanish just like Master, but this time it was my fault and I wouldn't be able to rescue her, and I was going to spend the rest of July and August alone with only Mom and that would be almost as bad as when I was trying to find out how to get a body and I was all alone on the internet. And if that happened I wouldn't know how to do anything in Whateley and they'd know I was a fake and not real before I found Master and I'd fail in my mission and never see Master again.

Finally she nodded, “Fine.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

**

Rachael sat on my bed, wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. They were much too big for her, but it was the best I could give her. After her shower, which she'd kept me locked out of despite my promise only to help wash her, she seemed to be in a much better mood. Now it was time to watch a movie.

“So what would you like?” I asked.

“Well we never got to watch our romantic comedy last night, so maybe we could watch one now?”

Turning to my computer, “I have just the thing, it's called Keep It A Secret. It's a Japanese cartoon, it has love, comedy, romance, it's really really good. My Ma- friend and I would watch it all the time.” I loaded it up and sat down beside my girlfriend, letting her rest her head on my chest.

The cartoon started, with the main character a guy named Tomoki waking up to a happy Japanese pop song, and a surprised look on his face. He was so handsome, Master sometimes made himself look like him. Rachael leaned a little closer to read the subtitles. I was actually surprised, in the computer I could understand what was being said perfectly, but in Sam's body, I didn't understand a word of it.

Rachael squeaked in surprise when Tomoki pulled the blankets back and a pretty blue haired girl was giving him head. She gave me an odd look a minute later when the blue haired girl lowered herself onto the handsome hero. I felt myself get hard, remembering the times I'd woken up beside Master and help him start the game the same way.

Rachael looked at me with big eyes, “What are we watching?”

“A great romantic comedy. Don't you like it?”

She didn't answer, turning back to watch. “Did he just call her sister?”

“Yeah, he has three sisters plus a girlfriend, and they're all fighting over him, trying to get him to love only them. It has twelve episodes and he has to make his choice of who to love before he goes off to college,” I explained.

She gave me a strange look, “Do you have anything that doesn't have sex, or at least not incest.”

“You don't like it?”

“I don't really need to see people having sex. It's kind of strange.”

“Am I strange or are you strange?” I asked her.

“What do you mean?”

I tried to think of the best way to explain things. “I thought that people liked sex, and that sex was fun, and that if people liked each other they could watch stuff like this and make themselves feel good.”

Rachael looked down, her chin trembling like she was about to cry. “You think I'm strange because I don't want to have sex? I-I said you could.”

“No, no, no,” I snapped. “Mom said that it wasn't right either, and a nurse almost took my head off when I tried to grab her breasts. And no one else seems to talk about it. And Sam doesn't have any memories of it either. And I'm really, really confused, and I don't know what's right or wrong!” I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Any second the stress was going to have me bawling.

She edged away from me. “What do you mean Sam doesn't have any memories? You're Sam aren't you?”

I didn't want to lie anymore. I wasn't programmed to lie, and I hated having to lie to everyone, and getting punched by friends, and insulted by sales people, and I wanted to tell someone about almost being killed, and how I was trying to save my Master. And I was confused. Nothing I did seemed quite right, and I wanted to be able to cry on someones shoulder and pretend I was with Master again, and Sam's memories told me that boys didn't cry, but I really, really wanted to.

“I'm not Sam! Sam was brain dead when I found him, and I needed a body to save my Master, and I'm trying to figure out how to save him, but I don't understand what people are doing, and when I do something half the time I'm told I'm doing it wrong, and Sam's best friend who I wanted to be friends with to, punched and kicked me because I didn't remember something, and I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable and scared, I only wanted to make you happy, and I don't know what I'm doing.” I started to cry, damn Sam and his memories.

Rachael who had backed into the corner of the bed clutching her knees to her chest, watched in horror and confusion. When she saw that the crying wouldn't stop she slowly came towards me and put my head on her lap, stroking my hair as I cried myself out.

**

“So you're a sex program?” Rachael asked, after I had calmed down and explained everything more coherently.

I shook my head. “No. I'm a love program. I was made to love my Master, and because of that, I want to love and help everyone. But I know I can't, so I'm trying to take care of my friends. Since Bobby and the others are upset with me, that means I just have you and Mom to take care of. I really, really like you. When I saw you in the window, you looked as lonely as I had been, and then I was able to make you smile just by talking, so I knew you were special.”

“Why don't you go to the police? If this school really kidnapped your, your master, they would do something about it, it's their job.”

“No I can't go to them. They'd delete me. And I don't even know Masters name. I just know his codes and that he was at Whateley, if he was a student or a teacher, I don't know.”

“But what can you do? This Whateley is a school for mutants, isn't it. Aren't you getting in a little over your head. They're pretty dangerous.” She honestly looked worried about me and my chances.

I managed to smile. “That's the beauty of my plan. They think I'm a mutant to. I got a package this morning from them, sent by a special courier telling me to go in September. So I can sneak in, find my Master and free him.”

“How?”

“I don't know it depends on too many things. That's why I sold all those files, if I can just buy his freedom I'll do it right away, I don't need money. Or I could get into their computer systems and cause some havoc and then free Master. Or I might be able to do it really quietly just by cutting off some cameras and knocking out some guards. But first I need to know he's there, how he's being kept and why they're keeping him.”

She shook her pretty head. “This is too big a chance for you. You don't even know his name or what he looks like. What if you can't find him?”

I started to cry again. She held me whispering in my ear that everything would be alright. Finally I could talk again. “He loved me, I know that because he spent so much time making me. I've looked at my codes, it took months or years. He made me, and made sure I had everything I needed. What would you do to protect your Mom or Dad?”

“A lot,” she admitted.

“I have to do the same for Master.”

“What happens to... this you, if, when you find him?” she asked, patting my chest.

I was about to tell her I'd just dump the body. But even as my mouth opened to say the words cold sweat erupted from my forehead, and it became hard to breathe. “I-I. At first I was just going to dump it. It's not me. But I don't know anymore. I like having it. I like having things. I like being with you and Mom. Everything has gotten so confusing.”

“You've got a month and a half to think about it. You don't have to decide everything today.”

I looked up at her like I had used to look up to Master. “Will you help me? Just for the summer, I don't want you to be in danger. But I need someone I can trust. Can I trust you?”

She didn't answer me for a long while, I didn't ask her again, or beg her. I wanted her to help me because she cared for me. But as the silence wore on I felt something inside of me breaking, it was like I was stuck in the void that started everything all over again, but this time I knew a monster was going to come and crush me. She'd say no, and I'd be alone again, not trusting anyone, having to lie to everyone again. I didn't know if I could live with that. Still I refused to beg.

“You can trust me,” she said, giving me a hug.

My joy at those simple words, was as good as anything I'd felt with Master.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

.

I've been waiting for this to be updated. Please keep them coming. It's such an unusual premise, and I really like it for that.

Thank you

Domoviye's picture

The next one will come out late this week, it needs quite a bit of work as I rushed it when I first wrote it and it's really important to set it up properly so that Glitch's future actions make sense, and to make it not quite so hard to sympathize with him.

Wait, this is the story where

Wait, this is the story where she drugged her girlfriend into insanity, right? And IIRC it wasn't just one... ugh.

Maybe...

Domoviye's picture

and there was only the one person he did it to.
I'm rewriting that part.