Alex & Chris Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 17 Buy, Buy, Buy.

Linze, “Good because after you have had your honeymoon we will have a lot of work to do, Jeff's existing store can be emptied of all clutter in fact after we have done the sales you and Jeff can get to work and get grubby. Although the new store will be several weeks before it is ready. We need to buy buy buy. We also need somewhere to store the goods we buy. Laura, I and you Robert are the buying and negotiating team. Linze we also need somebody to oversee the purchase of good quality Jewellery.”

Doris, “I have worked out with your sales tactic we made a slight loss with the first six items we sold but then were into profit with the rest.” As they all told their friends they added a bit too how much they paid so the first girl showed her friends the £2000 price tag of the dress and said she got her deal for £500. They came in with £500 each to spend and told their friends they had spent £600. So it went on until we were sold out. The last outfits actually went for £2000 of course this was as a complete set rather than just a dress so they still did rather well.”

“Robert, “Well I might be getting married soon. So Jeff do you know where I could get a decent suit for my wedding?

Jeff laughed. “I do, but we had better fix you before the sales starts.”

“I still want to keep my presence with my market stall.”

Betty, “Well I do not mind looking after it while you are on Honeymoon and shopping for the new store. It will give me chance to have a chat with people.”

Doris & Dora, “If you want a break then we can always take over.”

Linda & Linze mother, “I think I will be busy checking the stock with Jeff as it arrives.”

The Bell boy arrived, “Lord Percy the transport is here now.”

With that they all made their way to the front door of the hotel. The Local newspaper had a Photographer and reporter waiting as they all left the building. The Reporter stopped by Allison and said, “I have just left school and they have given me this to do. The girl before me made it big and I hope I can follow in her footsteps.”

Allison handed her a printed sheet and said, “If you give this to the editor he will be very pleased with you.”

Alice read the report she had been given and then realised who Allison was. “Sorry I did not realise you were the one.”

“Allison, “I think we will be seeing rather a lot of you as the editor will be sending you to collect my special reports daily. In fact you can help prepare some of them. How about coming as my nurse to see the show you are presentable enough & we can get to know you.”

Alex said, “We are the last Allison the others have gone.”

Astrid, “I stayed to help look after you dad said I could work my magic “Ops”.

Allison said, “What did you say?”

“Mummy told me who my daddy is and the twins know also but we still have to refer to daddy as the frozen bottle. I prefer my big sister.”

Alexis said to the young reporter, “They were conceived using donor sperm and never knew their father.”

“No we got two big sisters instead who we all love.” While Alex held on to Astrid the reporter pushed the wheel chair to the entrance hall.

The photographer was saying “We have to go now.”

The young reporter said,” This is my report tell the boss I am working on my next assignment and will compile a report of the show.”

“OK but that was fast work well good bye folks see you again soon.”

The editor read the reports and laughed. “So she is Allison's Nurse & companion this could not have worked out better.”

In the Theatre they all stood as the Royal anthem was played. This time though Ken & the cast were lined up to greet the guests. When Ken saw Christobell he said, “You look a Million pounds to me.”

Christobell, “10 million would be nearer.”

Jade the reporter was just as excited as the others when she got to see Ken in the person she said, “My mum has your records she will be excited that I have met you.”

Astrid, “I was allowed to watch you on the Television last week, but I fell asleep.” “I am having a birthday party soon. Would you like to come to my party?”

Ken, “Only if I can bring my Diddymen.”

Astrid, Looked at Alexis, “Please it will be the best ever party I have had.”

Ken, “Astrid do you mind if I cadge a lift back to the Royal as all the cars seem to be busy tonight.” Christobell found she was once again sharing a car with Ken who joked lets wind them all up a bit more.”

Ken said, “They will be talking when they find out I am attending your granddaughters birthday party. I never do children's parties or at least until today & it is hard to say No to A four year old.”

The twins and Astrid and said, “Our new friend Jade is not well Granny do we get to keep her like we did with Alison?”

Christobell went to see what the problem was and she found, Jade was writing a note, Dear sir, I am handing in my resignation, I did not do the last report it was handed to me. I have found a job that better suits my talents. I will be in on Monday to clear my desk.

Christobell removed the note and gently tapped Jade.” “I think you had better come with me.”

Jade who was in a semi comatose state said yes mum?”

“Jade you have been over doing it again. Christobell guided her to her room to rest. Now young Lady I want a serious talk with you in the morning.”

Astrid, “Is Jade OK the twins made her tired.”

“Astrid I have put her to bed and I doubt that she remembers were she is.” The party at the hotel continued until 2 in the morning. Christobell went to her room and found Jade fast asleep although she tended to talk in her sleep. Christobell learned much from Jades talking. “Christobell was the first awake and had just dried off after taking a shower when Jade awoke. “Hello” said Christobell,

“I was wondering if there was a job going?” “Sort of Nanny, Nurse, & playmate to children. I like my job as a reporter but all my life I have wanted to work and play with children in a big house.”

Alexis brought Allison in, “We need to talk. I hope you have recovered.”

“I am fine there is nothing wrong a good night’s sleep will not rectify.”

“First your Editor thinks it would be better for you if you stayed with Allison and learned off her. You will either have to email the reports in or take them in. As space is at a premium he wondered if you could collect all your things so somebody else can use your desk. For several weeks yet Allison is in need of a chair pusher and companion. Also I have had a delegation of little girls who want to sign you up as a big sister.”

Jade said, “I presume it was the girls they wanted me to go riding with them. Why is everybody being so nice to me?”

Allison said, “That is easy, you never know who you are speaking to and I happened to find my real family.”

“I wish life was so simple for me.” Mum tells me I am daft all I dream about is living in a big house surrounded by women and girls.” Mum used to work at a big house but she had to leave. “I was the result of the lord’s indiscretion with the housekeeper.”

Christobell, “Is there only you or is your mother alive?”

“Mum is very much alive and well she has wanted to go and see some old friends of hers for some time but up to now she has not had the courage.”

Christobell, “James can you do me a favour we have a guest here who needs her mother’s advice can you go and collect her mother and also bring her a change of clothing.”

Jade, “I better telephone mother to tell her what to collect for me.” “Hello mum I have a new job or at least I am on trial. They are sending a man called James. He is coming to collect you as my new bosses want to interview you also so make sure you are smart. Yes just my overnight case for now please.” A short while later the mother was packing an overnight case.

There was a knock at the door and the mother said, “I have not got everything ready.”

James, “I will wait while you have gathered what you required.” James noticed the Photo on the fireplace.

“That was in my hay day when I was friends with real ladies.”

“James smiled and said certainly madam.” All too soon they were both back at the Royal James said, “Leave the case to me.” “Guest for Lady Christobell.” Follow me Madame.” Jade had decided to put back on the clothes she wore last night but Christobell had other ideas.

She returned with some clothing and said, "Will this do.”

Jade giggles as she put it on and said, “I do not know what mum is going to say with me in this.” Jade twirled round and curtsied would Madam Alison like her maid to push her now?

Jades mother arrived. “So Jade you have decided to go into domestic service although I tried to discourage you.”

“Yes mother my new employer wanted me to wear this so she could judge your reaction.”

“Your dress is OK your stockings twisted let me straighten them for you, & your cap on wrong way round, let me see your nails. They could do with painting & filling. Let me adjust your cap yes that is better. At least now you look the part of a ladies maid.”

“Hello Claris.”

“At first I did not realise at first this was your daughter nor should I say my step daughter her father was my husband was he not?”

“Sorry Miss Clara I went away so not to embarace you or your family.

Christobell, “Jade, Miss Allison & Miss Alexis are your half-sisters.” “We never seem to have luck with men.”

Jade, “Lady Allison is my sister?”

“Afraid so Kido.” said Clara who had just come in to the room.

Jade, “Madam Do I have to wear this dress all day?”

Alexis, “Mum how many more are their?”

"I honestly do not know & until Christobell told me I was unsure about Jades mother.”

Christobell, "I believe your clothing is here now so you can get changed if you wish but keep the dress Allison may need a maid some time.”

Over breakfast the friends were reunited. “Allison, Jade can you push me please Alex & I have to go to the clinic, care to come with us.”

“OK seeing as I have just gone from being solo to having two siblings.”

Alex, “I take it sister you like your job specifications.”

Jade, “Mum always said if I prayed hard my prayers would be answered. I think my prayers have been already been answered. Can I give you both a hug? “

A voice said, “And me” and they saw Astrid had scrambled into the back with her sisters. “The old man kept his promise he found another me for us to play with.”

“Jade are you going to play with us when you are not looking after Allison,”

Alexis. “She will some of the time but all your big sisters also have other things to do.”

“Well I want Jade to go riding with us & I am booking her for that.”

Allison, “Can you ride?”

“I had some lessons but we could not afford to continue just like my dancing that had to stop.”

Alexis, "What grade did you get to and where did you go.”

“Currently I am at grade 5 in Ballet, Three in Tap and six in National why do you ask?”

“Astrid will you do as Jade tell you until we can fix you with lessons. I know how much you miss them so I am trying to fix it for you.”

Astrid, “ER Allison & Alexis if I was to go ridding or dancing I and my sisters would need the correct wear.”

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos