Alex & Chris Chapter 21

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 21 Marjorie Thorne in Leeds.

Alison, “Well Jenny have you decided if you want to spend the weekend with us?”

“Well I have packed my case & the girls have been pestering me.” Jade was holding Astrid’s' hand.

“Alexis did you see us we did better this time?”

“You certainly did and we saw Jade in all the other dances.”

Jade, “They have decided that Jenny can be an honorary big sister to them.”

“Grandma Beatrice is it true you are moving? Jade told us you are?”

Beatrice, “Well your big sisters volunteered to move me. After Robert & Laura go on their honeymoon. So that gives me about two weeks to sort everything out into what to keep and what to dump.”

Jade spoke up; “Oh you do not dump anything.” Robert or the girls can sell what you do not need.”

Marjorie, “Well I have imposed long enough on this family reunion I better be going.”

Alexis, “Marjorie what do you think you are doing I have not given you permission to go yet. Now take a note. I Marjorie Thorn have decided to resign from my job with immediate effect.”

Alison, “Alex may have hated what you did to her but she also knows you are a super administrator. You have already told us you are unhappy were you are so that is not keeping you. Alexis needs somebody she can trust & you are it.”

Astrid, “If you try to hurt any of my big sisters you will have me to contend with.”

Marjorie, “OK I will take the job. I have no home to sell as I live out of a suitcase. It appears these all love you very much.”

Jade, “You have not noticed have you look at us.” Alexis, Allison, Astrid the twins and myself.”

Astrid put her arms round Alexis and said, “You hurt one of us and we all hurt so we will all sort you out.”

Marjorie, “You all look alike other than some are smaller than others.”

Astrid, “That is why I call them the big sisters.”

Helen & Leslie, “Mind if we join the discussion about our daughters? Marjorie there is something you need to know about all of them. Were you to do a DNA test on any of them you would discover it was identical. I learned some years ago that Alex had an unusual DNA sequence. Apparently so do any of Alexi’s siblings or children. To put it bluntly they are all clones of each other.”

Marjorie, “So when Astrid says, you hurt one of us you hurt us all. She literally means it.”

Astrid, “You are the lady who was not nice to my Alexis. I know all about you. You forced my big sister to do things she did not want to do and made her do embarrassing things.”

Alexis looked across at Astrid. “No big sister if she is to work with us it all needs sorting out first.” Marjorie noticed that the others had crowded round Alexis.

Jade, “We all know what the others are thinking. Alexis wants to give you a second chance. Astrid also wants to give you chance but I will warn you she knows far more than she should for her age.”

Leslie, “Marjorie we have heard from Angela & Tilly about you. Alexis though thought you did a good job of running the office.”

The twins spoke, “Alexis has need of an executive secretary. Main duties to see the running of the office. Take notes, Play with us that is important part. Bring us drinks & be our friend.”

Helen, “Oh and act as driver as Alexis hates driving.”

Astrid, “You will regret it if you do not accept. So long as you do not pull those same stunts again you will have a good time with us.”

Marjorie, “I have already said, I will accept the job, but I need to resign & collect all my bits and pieces.”

Her former secretary, “It was one of the last things I did for you. Boss. Somehow I had the feeling I would be seeing you so I prepared this for your signature.”

Alexis, “Helen what is this about my blood?”

Helen, “If I am correct then Rose, Alice & Terri will after the operation start changing until they also look similar to you.” “Have you not noticed it with Leslie?

Alex, “I thought that was because you and the others are half-sisters & cousins.”

Helen, “Even I am changing once your sperm got in my system it slowly has been altering my DNA. The same will happen to the others when they are impregnated. I reckon I have about a year yet before our DNA matches each other. As I have discovered already through Astrid & the girls their minds seem to lock on to each other. Teach one of them something and they all know it. Linze proved that by showing Alexis which was good Jewellery, and Astrid here was in bed asleep. Yet yesterday she knew everything & even managed to get a bargain at the jewellery counter.”

Jenny, “So if it works in a similar way then if I teach Astrid & her sisters. Then you and Alison should also learn the moves even if neither of you can dance at the moment.”

Astral & Astrol, “Jenny are you ready for spending the weekend with us? We have been looking forward to your staying.”

Jenny, “I think I am going to find this is an unusual weekend.”

Marjorie, “Alexis I am not sure when I will be able to start.” Angela was laughing away. Marjorie, “Miss Angela why are you laughing at me.”

Angela, “Marjorie you did all I asked of you, concerning Alex. You though seem to have forgotten who recommended you for your current job.”

Marjorie, “I have not forgotten I work for one of your companies Angela.”

Angela, “Actually you already work for Alexis already & you have just told her you are unhappy that is why I am laughing.”

Alexis, “Well how about we both start with a clean slate.”

Marjorie, “You still want me even now?”

Astral, “Alexis needs somebody who she can trust. We all know you are good at your job. You said yourself you wished you could relax more & not live out of a suitcase.”

Alexis, “I will not push you into doing something you do not want to do but you could benefit from the experience. Rose is going in for surgery soon and will be out of action for a while. So we need somebody who understands us.”

Beatrice, “I have been appointed as an honorary Grandma & chaperone to them.”

Alexis, “Marjorie I can understand you being reluctant. Following what transpired between us both. Had I wished to get even or start a vendetta against you I could have done that quite some time ago.”

Marjorie signed the documents placed in front of her and then handed them to Alex who tore them up. Then Alexis said, “I had already notified your office that you were being transferred with immediate effect. I will not repeat the words your manager used but to say were rather blue would be an understatement.”

Marjorie, “I would have recommended Jane Love in accounting for my post had I been given chance. As for the Manager he is a sexist pig who could do with going through what you went through Alexis.”

Alexis, “Well Angela has decided to merge your former department with Accounting & Jane has been given overall responsibility of the new combined department.”

Angela, “Jock came to see me to complain about the merger of the departments. I looked up his file and said; Well if you want to resign I cannot stop you. However you will lose all benefits you currently have accrued. Considering the amount of complaints we have had about you it is a wonder we have not been prosecuted for sexual discrimination. With the merger of the departments your job is superfluous to requirements. However the new manager thinks enough of you to offer you the job of her personal secretary.”

Angela, “His mouth opened and shut like a gold fish and then his face went purple. We had to call an ambulance for him. He is currently in Saint James Hospital Leeds and from what we have been told he will not be returning to work. Jane is holding the position open for him should he decide to return. However as he had a massive heart attack he need to be in a less stressful environment. I had a good talk with the wife who asked if she could have the Executive secretaries position even if it was only temporary.”

Alexis, “Do you want me to talk to the wife?”

Angela, “No apparently the wife had for some time wanted him to ask for less work. Now she has the perfect excuse. Although he will get his full entitlement his wife is going to tell him as he had been downgraded he will only receive pension at a secretary’s rate. So she is going to continue working while he stays at home and keep the home clean. Of course following his surgery he will not be able to do anything strenuous. His wife wondered if we could find somebody who could advise him on running a house and preparing meals for his partner.”

At the hospital Jock had just started coming round following his surgery. The consultant said, “Mrs Scott your husband’s surgery was a success. However we have a problem. We had to give Jock certain drugs & while it is a known side effect of them we did not expect to see what happened to Jock. Only minutes after administering drugs your husband started to develop breasts. All his body hair just dropped out. We went ahead with his surgery but I have never seen a reaction like your husbands.”

“I presume you gave him some sort of steroid as he has always had a fear of them. Apparently as a child he was given some that caused him to start grow breasts and it took him ages to get rid of them. Since then he would not touch steroids as he was told if he did the reaction might not go away.”

The consultant, “Would you like to break it to him or shall I?”

The wife, “Have you a tape measure so I know what size I have to get him?”

The wife was sat at his bedside when Jock came round. “Hello dear I see you are in the land of the living.”

“What happened to me?”

“You collapsed and the good doctors had to operate on you to save your life. However you have had an adverse reaction to some of the drugs they gave you that saved your life.”

Jock. “They gave me steroids and the breasts they are back again.”

“Sorry dear but the consultant advises you wear a bra from now onwards and has asked me to sort you out.”

“I am not going to find it as easy to reduce them this time so I hope you can get used to me with them.”

“I have been thinking darling we cannot manage on your incapacity-Pension benefit as you were only listed as a secretary. So once you are well I will go back to work and you can keep the home running.”

“ER darling could you ask the nurse if she would mind measuring me and If it is like last time then I may need a breast pump from Boots chemists.”

The wife produced the tape, “I borrowed this because I was told it might be needed.” She measured her husband three times to be sure and then said, “Well I have the measurements. I will call at Marks & Spencer’s & get you some bras. “

She also noticed the discharge from the nipples and called the nurse. The nurse called for a doctor who examined the discharge and took a sample.

A short while later the doctor returned. “Apparently sir you are producing some very good quality milk. While you are here would you be willing to donate the milk to the maternity section?”

Jock thought for a moment, “If I do that then perhaps they will go down faster. Ok Tell maternity they can have all what I produce. Hell it is of no use to me it is not as if a baby was ever going to pop out of me & the wife cannot have children.”

The wife noticed that over the next few days her husband’s body got softer and rounder. She also noticed his hair on his head was growing again. She found her husband had been moved to a side ward were it was easier for the nurses to milk him. Eventually he was allowed home although he still had the daily visit from the dairy as he called it.

Clara & Christobell were two of his first visitors. “Your wife asked us to call in and see you and check up on how you are doing?”

“Well to be honest I feel a freak. I presume all the office has heard what happened to me & thinks it hilarious. Heck if I saw it happening to somebody else I would think it was funny.”

Christobell, “Well until it resolves itself perhaps it would be better if you played the loving wife part. What you need is a makeover to make you feel good. Jock do you mind if we call you Isla? At least people will not stare at you if we call you that?”

Day after day they visited Isla. Sometimes they all went out together and other times they spent the time sewing, cooking or doing other domestic chores. One day Isla said, “Thanks for being my friends. Even Diane my wife seems to prefer the new me. If I had realised the effect on her I would have long since put on a dress for her. I realise any heavy duty work is out for me, but I would not have minded going swimming, but even that is out for me.”

Christobell said, “Isla if you want to go swimming then we can go swimming.”

“As much as I would like to there is the question of the bulge between my legs.”

Clara, “Can you leave it with us for a few days and we will see what we can do.”

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos