Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 34a

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 34a White Bear.

“He is saying mistress please send help urgently.”

“Mary can you and your sisters investigate? If I am needed I will be there with additional help.” The four angels soon found the village. They found a man & a woman both praying.

The woman. “I am sure the Queen of the seas can help.”

The man, “No the Queen of the Heavens will send help.”

Mary, “Sorry to intrude but can we help?”

“Not unless you have a boat or can fly. We have no boat & a large piece of ice has broken away & our only child is on it. We cannot get to her & she drifts father away.”

“Show us the iceberg.” They took the four outside.

Each pair of angels took hold of one parent. Holding on to the pair they took off again & soon found that the child was on an iceberg. “

Mary, “The mistress wishes to see the child.” The small family found themselves with Gaby.”

Gaby, “White Bear you asked for my help & it was freely given. Your wife Running Water also asked for help. Running Water I have many names be it Empress of the Heaven or Empress of the seas. You are my guests until the little one recovers & then as is your custom you can perform the naming ceremony.”

Running Bear, “We offended both our tribes because we loved each other. We need a shaman or Witch doctor to name her.”

Gaby snapped her finger, “You have the choice of Ursula she is a very powerful African Witch Doctor. This is Ivan sorry I should say Ivana she is from Russia.” The others where all introduced.

Running Bear, “Do any of these brew their own beer?”

Starr, “I know a witch doctor & he brews beer.”

Gaby, “He lives in a small village not to far away.”We can go & see him if you wish.”

Back to Horsehouses

Starr, “Dad? We need a witch doctor.” “

He came out, “Gaby nice to see you again.”

Gaby, “My friends here need a shaman to perform a naming ceremony & to provide the beer. I have the building & the beer for the ceremony but what they really need is Barbara & I will provide the rest.”

White Bear, “This Barbara can she perform the naming & is she a chosen one.”

The landlord laughed. “She has performed many naming including the Empresses children & mine. As to being chosen it depends on your definition but she is a Queen & also one of the Empress's companions.”

The wife, “White bear, Flying water should have patrons ideally they should have been from the land & water.”

Ariel, “We will split into three groups the first will represent the sea. The next will represent the sky & the last the waters.”

Running Bear, “We will choose two each from each group giving Flying water 12 patrons. Lindi, Robyn, Ariel & Pegi where those chosen. “For the flying that was easy all four angel where selected, in the last group Gaby, Gilda, Galadriel & Maddy where chosen.”

Running bear, “We also need a man would you be that person as we are rather short of males & you are providing the beer.” Barbara performed the naming ceremony.”

Starr, “They need family around them & help with the baby.”

The landlord, “I have a friend who needs somebody to look after a herd of deer & there is a house with the job.”

Running water, “I can still worship the Empress of the Sea & White Bear the Heavenly Queen?”

Starr & all the others burst out laughing.” “Sorry” said the Landlord.

“I am laughing because you already have chosen some of the most powerful gods there are as your child's godparents. They will all be often checking up on flying water. As for the job Herne has one if you are interested.”

White Bear, “I worship the Queen of Heavens but I also worship the moon goddess I need to ask if it is OK to take the job with your friend.”

Diana, “White bear take it from me the Job is ideal for you.”

White bear, “No I must do it the correct way & ask first.” He knelt down & appeared to go into a trance. He chanted & then came out of the trance.

He approached Diana, “I did not want you to think I was rude but things must be done right. Little Deer tells me the herd is 500 strong & could easy be doubled without any damage to the area. Thank your husband Herne & perhaps I & Running Water may be at your naming ceremony soon.”

Diana, “You know. Yes moon goddess I know who you are & who your husband is although I know him as another name. We will accept the offer little deer tells me I would be very foolish to refuse this offer. My father & Running Water's father both are Shay men of the Inuit & they both believe only they are correct. Running Water & I have proved they both are correct. With that in mind we will both pray to each other’s gods. We are please to also have them as our friends. Little deer has guided me for years & now I will work for him.”

Gaby, “You link with Herne.”

“White doe the moon Goddess was my other spirit guide.”

Gaby, “Both of your parents are shay men & they should teach you both their mysteries.”

White Bear, “We never completed our training as we where both thrown out of the tribes.”

Gaby, “If White Doe & little Deer will permit it I can help you & my god daughter. As you are both children of Shaman you can join my special classes. They cover herbs, potions & magic applications.”

Running Water, “We would both be qualified medicine men when we finished.”

Gaby, “You will have the finest instructors.”

Running Water, “Will White Doe & Little Deer be the ones teaching us.”

Gaby, “They will be there but they will be expected to take classes with you as they appeared to have so far to have evaded them.”

“We cannot afford to pay for lessons.”

Gaby, “Your boss includes all training for all employees. Also included is a clothing allowance & food allowance. Your actual wage will be low. But as you have everything covered you will not need a large wage.”

Running Water, “If I was to do the lessons I would need a nanny to look after Flying Water.”

Gaby, “You have four nannies already for Flying Water. You four will look after her for Running Water & see she comes to no harm.”

Lucy, “Is that a request or an order.”

Running Water, “It is a request & I am sure she will be well looked after with you four to tend to her.”

Lindi, “As she gets older each of her god parents will take on their roll & I promise she will swim like a fish before I have finished with her.

White Bear, “White Doe told me who to choose & the child will be safe with any of her god parents. The winged messengers though have saved her once.”

Running Water, “Before we where both excluded we were at college we both where doing Computer science as a subject. We were never permitted to finish it.”

Gaby, “Access to computers will be included in what you are expected to learn. All you learn will be entered on computers as will anything you both may have already been taught.”

Running Water, “Will that include such things as love potions?”

Galadriel, “It includes all potions & spells. You will have access to the others knowledge & they will have access to yours. I though will double check all of your potions & they will not be allowed if incorrect.”

The following morning White bear & Running Water went to see to the deer & then after checking on then went to see Diana & Herne.

Herne, “I see you both went to deal with the deer. If you are both going to work we will have to ensure you both are on the pay roll.”

Running Water, “We decided to work together as we get everything done quicker. We are ready to go to our lessons.”

Diana, “We have a short cut to get there but we must accompany you.”

Running Water, “Well I suppose we had better go as we have everything ready including Flying Water & everything she will need.”

They walked through a doorway & they where there. Lucy & the angels where waiting. They showed Running Water & White Bear the Nursery they also saw the other nursemaids.

Robyn, “I am here often & the others all take turns to look after the others.” “Your daughter though has four nursemaids to look after her.” The Computer studies they both sailed through & they were told that unless they intended to do the advanced course they would do.

The two of them, “If we have chance then we would like to do the advanced course.” They found Rexanne was running the advanced course, “This is far better than we were doing at college it is far more advanced.” They enjoyed their lessons with Zelda & Galadriel.

Zelda, “Who taught you these potions?”

Running Water, “That potion my Granny taught me & told me it made beautiful women.”

Zelda, “Well that is true it will make beautiful women. If it is given to men it will turn into beautiful women. This potion is similar in that it changes people to babies. If the two are combined then you will get a beautiful female daughter.”

Running Water, “What would happen if a person was old & they were given both?

Zelda, “Even if the person was 100 & was infirm or had a tumour they would become a baby again & the tumour would be gone. If the person was male then the tumour would not return. They would be female. If the person was female they could keep taking the potion & would revert to been a child. They would need to find somebody to bring them up each time they took the potion.”

Running Water, “I have never mixed these but will you look at them & tell me what they actually do if anything.”

Zelda looked at each potion, “That can be deleted it will not work. We have some similar that will work & I would substitute the working version.”

Running Water, “Do you have a fire stick like my great Granny?”

Zelda, “Did your great Granny teach you both?”

“Granny got confused & kept calling us both her princesses. White Bear always laughed it off.”

Zelda, “Running Water I have just realised something. You know how to use a fire stick.”

“I did but father took it away & told me I had not to touch it again.”

Zelda, “Lucy can you bring the baby here immediately.”

Lucy brought the baby & handed her to Zelda. Zelda, “Sisters can I have your attention & especially Constance. I have a baby here that appears to be a baby girl.”

Running Water started to cry, “You know don't you.”

Zelda, “Running Water this baby has not come from you although she bears your genes.”

Running Water, “Had White Bear drunk the drink like me he would also have been female. I slipped & fell & lost half of the mixture. I gave Granny what was left of both the drinks. I put cushions under my tunic to make people think I was expecting & produced a baby. We decided that it would be better to restart & bring Granny up as our child.”

Zelda, “At the moment your Granny can return at any time. We can fix it so she is yours forever.”

Gaby, “Aunt is there a problem?”

“Not with these two Empresses in fact they both have had an excellent teacher & I recognised the teacher. Their teacher is currently pretending to be a baby & has been observing us all. Well I have a surprise for her unless she reveals herself within the next ten minutes she will for all eternity never leave the current shape she is. I am sure all her god mothers will only be too pleased to have a child to share at especially as some of them are her sisters.”

Galadriel, “Sydel the Enchantress you have been caught out at long last. Your signature is easy to recognise on these two. In fact I doubt that either of them are your great grand Children.”

Sydel transformed back. “OK so you spotted me.”

Gaby, “So you are another Aunt who thought she could make it alone.”

Sydel looked at her & curtsied, “There is no doubt as to your parentage Empress. The fire in your eyes tells me without looking at your wrist. You are far more powerful than I or your grandmothers ever will be. The two of them genuinely did think I was in danger. Even I was taken by surprise when four of the host turned up to rescue me. I was even more surprised when my god parents were chosen.”

Gaby, “I take it you actually like been a child.”

Sydel, “Running Water was correct when she said. My wand was in the hands of the chief. We where almost prisoners.” Daisy vanished & reappeared with the wand & some books.”

Gaby, “These are yours but the wand is to be destroyed as are all old wands regardless of who owned then.” Gaby broke the wand in half.

Sydel turned to White Bear & Running water, “Children I can no longer prevent what will now happen. White Bear you will also now be a Princess regardless of the fact you were born male. As to how much time you have left I do not know.”

Running Water, “Is what she says true or is it a trick.”

Gaby, “If you are descended from her then it is inevitable just as it is if he was a normal mortal who kissed or had sex with Sydel or her offspring.”

Sydel, “Running Water is my true daughter. White Bear was the son of the chief & he was bonded with Running Water from been a child. The only ones they have ever kissed are each other.”

Gaby turned to Running Water. “I will need to check out White Bear but if you have spent all your time together then he will become your twin eventually.”

Running Water, “I have a couple of questions to ask, First can we still work with the deer or has that job now gone. Secondly I would like to be officially married to White Bear even if he is to become my twin. Also do we still get to continue our lessons as we were enjoying them & I think mum should have to do them?”

Sydel, “I will but what I want to do is be in the nursery on Thursday when Robyn is on duty. I have been told how she attracts extra customers on a Thursday.”

Gaby,” Aunt you are not marked & neither are these two. In fact I did not pick up any signal from you.”

Sydel, “How was I recognised then I thought I had covered all eventualities.”

Gaby, “None of us spotted you at first it was only when the two of them wrote down all the spells & potions they knew that you where spotted.”

Sydel, “Silly me each spell & potion gives an indication of who first wrote them down.”

Running Water, “Is there something wrong with the way mum taught us both?”

Gaby, “Nothing in fact you both should pass to advanced level very quickly. Sydel as your wand is destroyed & all your spells broken you must be using something to prevent the signals going out.”

Sydel handed a disrupter to Gaby “We each have a small transmitter on our wrist to prevent detection. I had to place one on Running Bear because I knew what was going to happen to him.”

Gaby looked at the disrupter. “This appears to have several uses. Very good you appear to have located wave lengths I have not discovered. I am going to down load this information & then you can have it back although the disrupter function will now be switched off as there is no need of it.” Gaby handed the gadget back to Sydel.

“These readings where did you get them from?” Sydel thought for a moment. “Oh I was lucky there I was the wrong colour & so safe. They are the Umbongo of Africa. You can be talking to them & they all seem very nice & suddenly they will grab somebody & knock them out. The entire village will cover them in clay & let it dry. They leave what I thought was air holes so the victims can breathe. What a shock I was to get.

The Umbongo are renowned for their metal work & casting abilities. “Once the clay was dry they poured in molten metal. For a second or two you heard the scream & then no more. Three days later the village removed the mud & cleaned up the new statue & put in on display in the village. The Villagers come & laid flowers by the statue as they did with all the others. Only the most revered apparently got this treatment.”

Gilda, Yang, Yang & I know what it is like to undergo that ritual

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos