Freya's Gift Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

An aging overweight man who plays too much online gaming receives a gift from Freya, the
goddess of love, lust, beauty, sorcery, fertility, gold, war and death.

Freya's Gift

Chapter 3: A New Start

As I came to my senses I knew there was something different. The more clear headed I became, I realized what an understatement that really was.

Before the game went into 'full immersion' I had been at my computer desk in my bedroom. Now I was somewhere else. I was in a den or home office. The room was appointed very nicely with a large oak desk where sat a high tech keyboard, projected from a 28in monitor but no sign of the PC unit.

Looking about the room it was furnished with soft pile carpet in a deep blue color. There was also filled bookcases lining three walls, floor to the 12ft cieling, including a portion that swung out for the door. There was lots of light coming from behind me where I sat in a sumptuous office chair. As I spun in the chair to face the light I caught sight of my reflection in the window that covered the fourth wall of the room. To say I was startled would be very unrealistic.

What I saw was my avatar from the game, Freya.Blaster. Only, instead of the clothing from the game (armor), I was wearing baby blue boardshorts and matching sports bra that seemed to be stretched to it's limits. Looking down at my breasts, it was all I could see. I had to find out where I was and what was going on. I decided to look around some to find any clues.

Leaving the office, I step into a open plan living, dining and kitchen area. The room is in the same deep blue carpet as the office, while the kitchen floor is a rosy marble slate tile. The living room portion has cream colored suede sofa and chairs around a glass and chrome coffee table. Facing out onto another full wall window floor to ceiling. The dining room has a matching glass and chrome table with six chairs in a sleek but mordern design. The kitchen is large with appliances that look like they belong in a restaurant. A modern gas range on an island with a breakfast bar.

On the counter I find my first clue. A folder with lease documents and rental agreement. The name on the papers is Freya Valgerður Lawrence. Surely not a coincidence I thought. Looking further a find a womens handbag. Taking out the wallet I find a license, credit cards and other cards with the same name, Freya Lawrence. The Oregon state licence says I'm 23yo, 6'1" tall, weight 158lbs, red hair and green eyes. Exactly like I appear in my reflection.

Looking back out the picture window upon a pastural forest and a lake with a stream runing into it right past the house. Cabin might be a better term, though very modern in all respects. Feeling safe knowing I was alone, I continued my search without worrying about having to explain myself to anyone.

I found the bedroom and bathrooms without much trouble. As this was a cabin and the only doors from the livingroom was the front door, guest bath and bedroom door. Also a door off the kitchen that led to a garage, porch, balcony and sitting area. The bedroom had it's own bath with a full sauna bath and shower. The bedroom had a walk-in closet with lots of room for clothes, while at the moment was mostly empty hangers. What was there suggested I had a job. One as a park ranger at Willamette National Forest.

Looking through the dresser I found a couple pairs of bras and matching panties. And some shorts and t-shirts and not much else. It seems I haven't been here very long. Checking the kitchen I found some snacks, mostly healthy treats like tril mix and some fruit. I take an apple and head back to the office.

Sitting at the desk reveling in the flavor of the apple, it's much sweeter than I remember from before. It was sinking in that I was starting a new life as a young woman, not something I had planned for. Moving the roller-ball of the mouse woke up the PC to a screen with a message on it. It was addressed to Freya Valgerður Lawrence, it said.

You may be confused right now and that is understandable. You are now as you have seen, your likeness that of the characture you chose from the game. And yes your ears are still very elfish, you're medical records show you have a genetic abnormality that caused your ears to grow pointed. A very rare condition. You are a park ranger, but the job doesn't start for two weeks from monday. You'll find looking through this computor all the information you need to live your new life.

You are still in the world you know, but your prior form has passed away while you were playing. Your family morns your loss, Katie most of all. You should not have any contact with your past life but that will be your choice alone and I will not forbid it. Now to ease your peace of mind about your situation. All your skills from the game are yours in real life. Being genetically an elf you also inherit those attributes associated with them in popular myths. Meaning you will age slower and be phyically stronger, you are also far healthier than mortal mankind.

You also retain all rewards gained in game. This doesn't come without it's price. I ask you to be a protector to these woodlands, this is the task I leave you. While giving you My name, you act on My behest, giving you your mother and fathers name to honor their memory. I don't think I need to worry about you forgetting them as important as they were to you.

If you ever find yourself in great need, You have only to call upon me and I will come or bring you to me. You serve My interests. Bless you child and live happy. FREYA, your godmother.
P.s. This letter can not be saved or printed.

With that the letter vanished from the screen. I was awestruct. The goddess FREYA had faith that I could use the skills I had learned to protect these woodlands. And I would do my best.

While looking through the computor, checking through things, I found I had a bank account on-line. Wondering what my log-in and password was, I tried my old one from before the change, which was my email, that I found as that was my home page, and Katie's name and birthdate for my password. I found that my rent and utilities were set up to be paid automatically. That was a little scary untill I saw my account balance, I had a little over 20 grand in there. A little less than I had in my in game bank shared between my three characters, mostly the amount less 3 months rent and utilities pre-paid. That was a major relief of my mind. I had money in the bank, a job I knew that I would love and I home to die for.

Deciding that I had better see to checking if I need groceries, I found that the fridge and pantry had enough for a couple days before I needed to do shopping. I checked out the side door with it's covered walkway to the spacious 3 car garage. It was nearly as large as the cabin was. Also giving me the chance to see the outside of the cabin. It was rustic looking with field stone on the bottom half of the walls and your arch-typical log beam upper half.

It seemed it was the middle of a nice summer day. The wood decking warm to my bare feet. Crossing into the garage I find a vehicle that could only be described as a cross between a sportscar and a dune buggy in white with state park ranger markings, like a fancy jeep. Must be my work car, did the other rangers have similar units. I suppose that I'll find that out later.

Next to that was a used but servicable tangerine orange pearl 2013 Subaru WRX STI, with carbon black leather seats with red stitching. The plates were personalized and read 'GODDESS 1'. Also in the last stall of the garage was a 2003 Polaris Predator 500, just like I had years before that I gave to Katie when I couldn't ride anymore. Only with custom green / white and blue paint and seat cover done in a matching blue hide. I couldn't wait to drive the car and ride the bike, but not quite yet. There was also a nice full suspension mountain bike, a GT Tequesta in a spacey blue paint scheme.

It was slowly getting dark so I head back for the house. It was cooling off so I lit the gas fireplace and prepared a light dinner. A salad with raisins and bacon bits, fresh sunburst tomatos and crispy butter lettuce. Finding some leftover lasagna I heated in the microwave and then settled in front of the fireplace which was in the middle of the picture window wall. Feeling tired after eating and watching the fire, I pulled a pillow and blanket off the sofa and fell fast asleep.

End of Chapter 3

up
248 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Crossover

Podracer's picture

So, the game persona didn't just bleed over, but crashed over like a stormy surf. I hope the lass can find some peace in the woods and Katie some happiness. Surely that relationship isn't finished.
Mm, the new gender must be comfortable, and significant as Michael's online characters were exclusively female. I see rather less hours spent online with that big playground beckoning outside.

"Reach for the sun."

she's set her up well

but she still needs to deal with being a different sex

DogSig.png