Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 35

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 35 The Regal Hotel Scarborough.

Suzette, “So all you need is the rooms & nothing else? This boss of yours is she ok to work for?”

Sharon, “Well I have had several jobs so far. I started at the Sealife centre. Then I had to oversee the construction in the North & South Bay. Now I am at the Crown-Imperial as Manager.”

Suzette, “I thought that Hotel was owned by the Parish Family.”

Sharon, “They used to but they got taken over a while before the Grand group was acquired. In fact they are all still working there including my friend Rebecca.”

Suzette, “I thought it was supposed to be a family firm.”

Sharon, “It still is Nester traded all their shares in the hotel for shares in Gaby’s other interests. I am not sure on the relationship but Gaby & Nester are related. The children called for Gaby to come & help out when their parents where both injured. Apparently she also prevented an hostile takeover by Grand Hotels group. Then they found that their group was in danger of been taken over.”

“So Sharon Gaby would not be want to take us over or anything like that?”

Sharon, “Gaby would never ever pressurise you to sell. She has lots of small companies that either she owns outright or is a partner including several in this town. She owns outright the kiosk on the front that sells soft drinks & she took over a fish restaurant on the front. If she ever proposes a joint ownership take it. You will never look back & it has some interesting bonuses.”

Suzette, “The girls are annoyed with me that they have to work in the cafe & they where wanting to go swimming.”

Sharon, “I can help them if you are interested. As you are currently working for us you should have access to the same facilities as the rest of our staff have. If they want to go swimming then they could use the facilities at the Crown-Imperial. It will after be after 19.30 as the customers are allowed to use it until then.”

Suzette spoke into the phone to the girls. “They are working until 19.00 after you have finished here I will take them their towels & costumes.”

Suzette went to look for the costumes & came in carrying them & the towels.”

Sharon, “Those costumes remind me of fish.”

Suzette, “I told the girls the same thing they even bought me one.”

Sharon, “In that case I will race you in the pool.”

Suzette, “How about a drink before you go back.”

Sharon, “Have you ever been in the Crown-Imperial?”

“No I never get the chance to go into the North Bay.”

Sharon, “The car is here for me now. Everything is ready for the staff.”

At the Crown Imperial

Suzette, “I cannot believe that the rooms could all look like that.”

Sharon, “The staff always gets the same as the customers.”

Suzette, “Do you do High tea?”

Sharon, “Come with me & you can have High tea.”

Maddy came & joined Suzette. “Sharon has gone to get your High tea.”

“After the meal I will have to be getting back.”

Maddy, “Zita will drive you back to the cafe & call for you & the girls at 19.15.

Suzette, “Even the staff have nice clothing I recognised the designs as House of Nicole.”

Another voice, “You like the designs.”

Suzette, “Like them is not the word. My Girls & I have bought some from the stall in the market. We also have some from department stores. We nearly bought a cheap copy but realised it was not right & walked away.”

“How would you like to try some originals before they hit the shops?”

Suzette, “I would love to & I know the girls would like to.”

“You have some daughters?”

“Yes Zita is collecting us so we can go swimming tonight after work.”

“After you & the girls have been swimming how you would like to model some of my latest creations.”

Suzette, “We will love to but will you not have enough models with the staff here?”

Nicole, “I will have everything ready for you & the girls.”

Suzette left for the Sunflower Cafe. “Girls I brought your new costumes you liked so much.”

Ralph, “At least I can have a good soak & get out of these clothes. They smell of cooking.”

Suzette, “Ralph dress decent when you come to collect us from the Crown Imperial.”

The girls were quite excited as the prospect of going swimming. Mum do you think we will be allowed to go each night. You know how we love swimming.” Zita arrived on time. Suzette & the girls got inside the Rolls.

Suzette, “I did not expect this treatment just to go swimming.” Zita drove them down the steep hill & on the front.” Turning up Valley Road & then off to the left. Zita opened the door for them & then drove the car away.”

Sharon, “This is the changing area.”
Lyris saw Suzette & the girls. “Have you come to swim?”

The sisters replied, “We love to swim & hope we will be allowed to come each night.” Emily & Amelia put on their new costumes & dived in. They shouted to Lyris come in & swim with us.”

Lyris, “I am not supposed to get in while you are here. I have a problem that might scare you.”

“Nonsense just get your costume on & swim with us.” It was not until she got into the water the girls realised why Lyris was so scared of getting in with them.

Lyris, “Still want to race me?”

“Emily & Amelia, “We can out distance all our friends. We have never had a friend like you before to swim with.”

“You still want to be my friend & swim against me?”

Amelia, “If been allowed to come here every night to swim meant having to race a team of your sisters we would race them all. I think we must be part mermaid also as we just love swimming & prefer to go for distance say 5 or 10 miles. Most swimming pools though will not let us swim for the length of time it will take us.”

“I will race you & if you beat me I will get some of the others to race you.”

Amelia,” Tonight we make it a mile because we have to try some dresses on.”

“Oh are you and your mum going to be the models for the new designs. I want a front row seat for that.”

Maddy, “Gaby It did not bother them one bit & are willing to challenge the strongest swimmers we have.”

Gaby, “Tell Robyn & sisters all to go swimming & watch their reaction.”

Lyris, “Oh good my Aunts have decided to come swimming.”

Amelia, “Have not got time to chat we still have to beat you with all these lengths we have to do.”

Lyris was tiring. “Amelia stopped & said are you OK?”

Lyris, “Yes it is just that I have not the stamina of an adult & I have not been swimming long myself.

Emily, “Come on little sister we will give you a tow to the side.”

Arial, “She is still inexperienced & overestimates how much she can do.”

Amelia, “We would still like to do the remainder of the mile if you do not mind. We only did 10 lengths before Lyris ran out of steam when she saw you coming.”

Ariel, “Would you like me to finish the remaining lengths with you.”

Amelia, “We were going slowly for Lyris as it was obvious she is only young. We would love to have somebody who could provide us with decent opposition.”

Ariel, “There will be no going slow with us.”

Emily, “I presume you are a fully fledged adult mermaid & most likely to beat us but yes we are game for a mile with you. Just let us get out so we can all dive together.” Eighty lengths is a mile so when Lyris fires the gun we all go as fast as we can.”

Lyris, “Counting 5,4,3,2,1” & fired the starting pistol. Ariel & Emily & Amelia where neck & neck Eventually Ariel pulled away but the sisters still kept ahead of the others. Ariel eventually came first but the sisters came joint second.”

Lyris, “Tomorrow you can race when you have not already done 10 lengths.”

Ariel, “I enjoyed that.”

Emily, “Your legs are back.”

Ariel, “We only get the tail in water.”

Emily & Amelia, “You are the best we have swum against in a long time.” “If you do not mind we would like to do longer distances against you.” Ariel, “I will arrange for the fastest to compete against you.”

“We have to get out & get dried & then model some dresses.” They found their mother talking. “Mum you never even got into the pool.”

Suzette said, “How did it go?”

“We got beaten. We are coming back after work each night to practice.”

Gaby, “Lyris beat you.”

Amelia, “No Lyris managed 10 lengths & then we swam against Ariel who beat us.”

Ariel, “They came in a respectable second. Gaby can we make it a regular event as the girls would like to practice each night.”

Gaby, “Providing it is OK with their parents it is OK with me.”

Amanda, “The only reason we were not swimming was because it is main tourist season & we are needed in the cafe to help run it. Given chance we would be swimming every day.”

Gaby, “I presume you are at college.”

Amelia, “Actually we are at the University of Yorkshire. We are both doing the same thing. We both are doing anthropology & specialising in Archaeology preferably Roman but all interests us. We were hoping to get on a dig but all the places have gone.”

Gaby, “I can see you both are decent swimmers. Have you ever used diving equipment?”

Emily, “We both have our advanced Padi certificates & licences.”

Gaby, “Who is your tutor? “

Amelia, “Oh he is nice & called Dr. Stephen Needham.”

Gaby made a few notes. “I presume you need a placement to qualify.”
“Yes until we get a placement we cannot qualify & we need one of at least eight weeks duration.”

Gaby, “Can it be any archaeological excavation?”

Amelia, “Had the Mary Rose been on offer we both would have jumped at the chance. We both put in for the Shetlands but did not get a place.”

Maddy, “So if you got the chance you both would take anything that was offered.”

Gaby appeared to be playing with her computer as she spoke. The girls had to go with Nicole to try the dresses on and then they walked on to the stage. Suzette was surprised to see her husband talking to Gaby but she did her stuff & the three of them kept coming out in new designs.

Nicole, “How did you like them?”

Amelia, “We liked them all except for this one & it did not feel right & we all agreed on it.”

Nicole, “That was not one of my designs & it has been slipped in by somebody.”

Nicole, “The needlework is good but not up to my standard. In fact it looks almost like a training piece.”

Jean looked at it, “I know just where they have come from & who made them. Earlier in the week they were complaining that their practice pieces had gone missing.”

Suzette & the girls went to join Ralph. Ralph, “Girls I took a message from a Steve he wanted to talk to you girls so I said you would be here. He has placements for you both together if you fit the criteria.”

Sharon came in & said, “There is a doctor looking for Emily & Amanda.”

He came in, “Girls I think I have a placement for you both. It will require you both to have diving certificates & will be in the Pacific Ocean on a major archaeological recovery operation.”

Emily & Amelia, “When do we have to go.”

Steve, “You do not have to go until college starts. I will require you both to send in reports to me as part of your assignment. If I was you I would though check out your passports are all in order. You both have landed on your feet with this as usually they only ever take fully qualified archaeologists. The company will provide all you need & they have a fantastic track record.”

Emily, “Dad can you manage without us.”

Ralph, “I think as it will be low season we will be able to manage until you both return.”

Stephen handed the girls a letter each. “You have to sign & return this.

The girls read the letter & passed it to their parents. “Apparently you both have to sign as well.”

Ralph & wife signed the letters. Ralph, “I will deliver these personally.”

“Dad do not go embarrassing us we need the job so we can qualify.”

“I just want to find out exactly what you are in for. It does not say you will be diving in the Pacific. You could be working on board a ship & others are diving.”

Ralph pulls out his laptop & looks at something. “I thought so.” Ralph walked over to Ariel, “Girls I want you to meet one of your new work colleagues.”

Emily looked at Ariel, “Are you going also?”

Ralph was laughing away, “Girls she is one of your employers.”

The girls looked at the heading on the letter, “Then we have to return these to Gaby. No wonder she was asking us questions.”

Steve, “I still need reports from you both although you can do it alternate days. You are very lucky to be friends with this lot. I know many qualified archaeologists who would give their right arm to get on one of their expeditions.”

Amelia looked at Gaby, “GB archaeological & recovery services is that you Gaby?”
Maddy, “It is one of our companies. Actually it was Lyris who recommended you.”

Lyris, “Neither of you will ever make the Olympic team but you will get to work with me & Ariel.”

Both Emily & Amelia hugged & kissed Gaby, “Thank you for the opportunity.”

Their father, “I better sign that other deal now.”

Gaby, “Are you sure about this.”

“My daughters are going on a cruise with you. My wife is going modelling with you. We have already agreed to take your hotel staff. I am going to be on my own unless I get additional help. If I sign at least help will be provided when I need it. Also 3/4 of the family have already agreed to join you in your other ventures. I though am quite happy to continue running the Cafe & Hotel.”

The girls continued to use the pool until the start of the expedition. They did not always swim with Lyris but usually one of the others was there. One night before they departed the girls had just finished swimming when Gaby & Maddy appeared.

Amelia, “We where wanting to ask you some question concerning our future colleagues.”

Emily, “We wanted to know if by swimming with mermaids we would turn into one of them.”

Gaby, “There is no danger of that happening with just swimming with them.”

Maddy, “I know of three ways you can become a mermaid.
1, you must have an ancestor who was one.
2, if you married one.
3, if you exchanged body fluids with one.”

Amelia, “Well none of those apply to us then.”

Emily, “We can trace our lineage from the 1300 but mum said that we could be descended from the Celtic Princess Helen.” Personally I think that is wishful thinking.”

Helga & some others joined the group. Gaby, “We are in discussion with our new archaeological friends about Princess Helen.”

Helga, “I consider myself an expert on her.”

Amelia, “Mum is into family heritage. We would love to either prove or disprove the story that we are descended from Helen.”

Emily, “The Romans where a crafty lot. The native Celts where just another people to subjugate & suppress. The Druids or Magic people though where a different proposition. If you marry the Emperor to the Kings daughter then you will have no problem. As the tribes will follow their Queen.”

Emily, “The Romans though in their eagerness forgot about the other daughters. They where fuming as I would have been if somebody had killed my family. Boudicca, Hester & Nester did what anybody in that time would have done. In their case they lead the Iceni & Parisi to victory against the Romans.”

Barbara, “Yes but at what cost.”

Emily, “If we are to believe that Helen was a god then Boudicca & Nester must be also. If they where gods then the Romans would have difficulty killing them. There is conflicting evidence concerning Boudicca & her daughters & apparently Nester & the Parisi just vanished.”

Amelia, “The Romans would like the native population to believe they were dead so there would be no more revolts. Let us suppose that Boudicca had a change of heart & decided to lay low. She & her daughters would need to change identity & keep moving on. If they where gods as even the Christian church believes because Helen became saint Helen. Then her descendants could roam the earth now & if we are truly one of her descendants then perhaps swimming is one of the abilities we have inherited from her.”

Nester, “Well I can assure you Helen was not a mermaid & neither was her mother.”

Emily, “We are in the tribal lands of that tribe now. Even in here we have you Nester & your surname is Parish. Not far from Nester & the Parisi. Even the two hotels you owned the Crown & the Imperial. Quite appropriate names for hotels owned by a Celtic Princess.”

Amelia, “We have been doing our own research. It make interesting reading. A friend trawled the police reports for us. Guess what we found. Nester & her husband were injured in an attack. We also discovered there was an attempt to firebomb this hotel. If Nester was a god then her power must have faded over time. Her children though have enough power between them to summoned help from a superior being. Who would come to her aid? If she has lost her power then it stands to reason that her sister & mother would also lose their power.”

Helga, “So far I agree with your reasoning.”

“Yet aid did arrive in the form of teenage girls. The opposition did not give them a second glance. Who sent the girls? Was it a more powerful god? Or were the girls themselves the most powerful of all.”

Amelia & Emily burst into a fit of giggles. Emily said, “We may not know the full story. Even now you are all crowding round two in this room.”

Amelia, “There is no need to crowd them as they are our friends & probably much more. If Nesters power failed then it is reasonable to assume that Helen's would also & so would that of her family. We ponder over this but we decided that Helen & Nester would probably mark their family so they could be recognised. If they where to mark them in a similar way all their offspring could eventually be traced.”

Amelia & Emily where watching Helen's reaction. “Now suppose that Helen agreed she would use an H with a crown.” We can surmise that Nester would use an N & a smaller crown as she was a princess. Boudicca would use B & a large Crown because she was a queen. Let us surmise that they are not the only magical beings to mark their families this way.”

Amelia looked at Helga, “Grandma Helen do you think we are correct.”

Helga was for a minute or two taken aback, “Yes I think you might be correct.”

Amelia, “I told you Emily she would answer to Helen.”

Emily, “You knew all along whom we were.”

Gaby, “Actually we did not as you did not show up on the meter. It was purely accidental that Lyris went in with Gaby & liked the place. The following day when I went in & was talking to your mother I noticed her wrist & that told me she was the family of Helen or Helga as she is now known. The GED file you handed Helga proved beyond doubt your heritage. Steve was quite correct in saying we only ever take family on as archaeologists. He though has no idea you are related to us. Because your mother has done the family tree it has enabled me to locate other members of your family including your cousins. I have made arrangements to round them all up & have them transferred to my home town.”

Suzette joined her daughters. Gaby, “First you are not mermaids although you do have similar abilities. Like me you can swim deep under water without the need to use breathing equipment. Neither of you needed the Padi. You do come from a family of long lived beings.”

Barbara, “The Romans where nearer the mark to call us Magical beings the bible calls us witches.”

Gaby, “Now this is important I need to know if you have kissed anybody at all or ever donated blood or had sex or done the friendship ceremony with anybody.”

Emily , “We both kissed you. Sex no, Blood donation no. Kissing yes. As far as we can remember though it was confined to our cousins. We used to do it rather a lot with one in particular.”

Suzette, “Valentine is my sister’s child & he always has been a beautiful child. None of the girls could resist kissing him. Even his sisters where always kissing him. Other than that I personally do not know of any other occasions my daughters kissed anybody. As to me my only love is having a bath after working in the cafe.”

Gaby, “I do not know how much longer Ralph will have but eventually he will become one with us. There is no cure. Suzette you have to be alert to what will eventually happen to Ralph. This was my Uncle Andrew & Aunt. This is Andrea as she now is.” Gaby presented a rather shy girl.

Suzette, “This will happen to my Ralph?”

“Afraid so Suzette. We offer counselling for those affected.”

Amelia, “Then our pretty cousin Valentine will become Valentine.”

Suzette, “I think that may have already happened as my sister was wanted to tell me something.”

Gaby, “This is one of the reasons we are gathering everybody together.”

Suzette, “These changes do they include body hair just dropping out & producing milk? Ralph has been seeing a consultant because that has been happening to him.”

Amelia, “Dad produces a couple of gallons a day initially we discarded it but then we tasted it & liked it so all four of us use it in our drinks & with cereals.”

Suzette, “When the doctor did the blood tests on Ralph he had more female hormones running through his veins than a pregnant woman. The Doctor tried giving him massive amounts of testosterone but that did no good so he is now just monitored. Ralph would not come swimming here because he would have to explain why he had to wear a costume.”

A couple of days later. Ralph appeared at the Crown Imperial he saw Sharon “I would like a chat with Gaby.”

Sharon, “She is not now here but if you follow me we can go to see her.” Ralph followed Sharon into a room & then outside.” “I did not know this existed.”

Gaby, “OK Sharon I will return with him.”

Ralph, “Suzette told me what will happen to me. Can I talk to some of the others who it has happened to?”

Gaby, “They are waiting to talk to you now.”

Ralph looked around the room. A voice said, “Hello Uncle or should I say aunt.”

Ralph, “Valentine is that you?”
“I was but now I am Valentina.”

Ralph, “It has happened to you all?”

Gaby, “Me included & I took it rather badly & if it had not been for my sisters I would have been dead.”

Ralph , “Andrea did you have any inclination of when you would finally change.”

Andrea , “My change was rapid, one night I was normal the following morning I looked like my daughter.”

Elizabeth, “Some of us took a long time to change but it still happened.”

Robyn, “I produced milk for a long time before I changed completely & others have been the same.”

Ralph, “Robyn I never ever feel empty my breasts are always leaking & feeling full.”

Robyn, “Can you arrange to take the next two weeks off work.”

Valentina, “Mum & my sisters & I will cover for your Uncle.”

“I need to let my wife know.”

Gaby, “No need she will be with you all the way.”

Robyn, “After two weeks you should have lost weight & production will be down.” Robyn led Ralph to the nursery where Suzette was waiting.

Suzette, “We live sleep & eat in here for the next two weeks.” Suzette kept bringing babies to feed from Ralph & then would go for some water for Ralph.

Ralph, “I appear to be the milk cow but where they get a break this is constant.”

Suzette, “I can even feed a few but we need to empty you.”

Ralph dropped off asleep in the chair but was awakened for the next feeding. One day Ralph asked, “Suzette do you mind if I go for a good soak to refresh myself?”

Suzette , “I will run you a bath & then come & wash your hair so do not lock the door.” Ralph had just finished feeding when Suzette returned to say the bath was ready. Suzette had already noticed the changes in Ralph but said nothing.

Ralph stripped off his clothing, “It all feels very loose to me.”

Suzette. “Just relax & let me wash your hair.”

Ralph, “No wonder the girls like their hair been played with as it is very relaxing.”

Suzette, “Ralph you do realise that soon I will have to rename you.”

Ralph , “I have been giving it thought & providing you agree I would like to be Marie Rose if possible.”

Suzette, “You already look like Valentina all that is left will not be there for much longer. Do you mind if I play with it?” Ralph started to groan as Suzette put her hands in the soap filled bath.”

Suzette, “You have completely changed already.”

Marie Rose, “Do you still want me to keep you warm?”

Suzette, “You are in this mess because you married me.”

Ralph, “Well I would still go through this knowing what I now know.” “I do not know what Gaby & the others have planned for us but I took you for life & it appears that may be a very long time. Helga is at least 2000 years old & looks no older than 18. Some of the others are as equally as old or older. Gaby though is young.” Suzette helped Marie Rose get dried as she did so there was a knock

Lyris, “Big boss sends little mermaid to see if you both are OK.”

Suzette, “Inform Gaby I will be bringing Rose Marie to see her in a few minutes.” They both got dressed & went to see Gaby.

Gaby, “I want to correct one assumption your daughters made. Helga & the others did for a while lose their abilities. They though have regained them & as such will pass them through the generations to your children & you. With this in view after discussion with the elders it was decided that all should go to school & be instructed. In all our lifestyle. This rule is applicable regardless of age.”

“Now to you Ralph or should I say Marie Rose. I have these Documents for you.” Ralph looked at them & handed them to his wife.

Suzette, “This was all previously explained to me. Ralph has gone & my sister in law has moved in.”

Gaby, “We have to do the same for every male who joins us. All you owned is still there it has been transferred to Marie Rose.”

Elizabeth, “We all wondered how it would work out but it has eventually been OK. Suzette still loves you & in effect you are together here for eternity. Your daughters do not fully understand this but all the family are now living in one town in North Yorkshire. We have had to take over virtually all the property in the town & although there are a few businesses not owned by us the majority of them in the town are.”

Ralph, “Gaby my daughters will they actually be swimming in the Pacific & is there not a danger from sharks?”

Gaby, “I can guarantee that there will be no danger from sharks.”

Ralph, “By any chance are Suzette & I expected to also be going swimming in the Pacific.”

Gaby, “All the family are all working on different targets but we will be in the same area together. As you two are relatively new to this you will be going with Robyn & Helga's team. Your daughters will be with me & Amanda.”

Ralph. “Would that be Amanda as in Cartumander.”

Amanda, “I was once known as that but these days I am known as Amanda. I can understand you been worried but we have our own protection & the Great Whites will avoid us as if we had the plague.”

Ralph , somewhere out there is the Empress of India she was torpedoed by the Japanese. If we get near her I would like to dive on her.”

Gaby, “Helga you now know your target.”

Ralph, “My father was on board as where a lot of children that where been evacuated.”

Gaby , “The Japanese reported sinking her near to an island but it was never investigated.”

Helga, “Ralph we could make the reported island our base. We will need a decent catering team.”

Ralph laughed, “OK we will join the catering division but I still want to dive on her if she is found.”

Pacific Island.

The day came & Ralph & Suzette found they were handing over to a Nepalese family.”

Gaby, “Between them they will keep the business ticking over. All the rest of us are in the Pacific.”

Suzette, “How do we get everything there?”

Gaby, “The Ships are already there with all we need. We just need to get there.”

Suzette, “I presume we fly out but from which airport & at what time.”

Helen, “Gaby are you going to tell them or show them where they will be flying from.”

Gaby, “We will be taking off from here & will make for one of the uninhabited Pacific islands.”

Lucy, “Shall we demonstrate.” Wings sprouted out of the back of Lucy & her sisters. Until you get the hang of it one of us will be with you.

Ralph, “Suzette you have grown wings.” As soon as it was dark they all took off. Marie Rose soon found that she could fly without help. They did not appear to be air borne long before. Lucy went into a steep dive. The others all followed suite & they landed on an island. They found tents already erected for them. There was a portable generator to provide electric for them.

Lucy, “When we looked around we did not see any humans although it is possible that some could be around.”

Marie Rose, Suzette, Jean, Jane & Mehitabel where the catering team. They started to set up. Marie Rose said, “I will go and get some wood from the forest to fire the ovens up.” Whilst Marie Rose was looking she came across a cave. Inside was a lot of stores & he decided to call Gaby & the others. They came to inspect what Marie Rose had discovered.” Boxes of children's clothing. Crate after crate of tinned food.

Marie Rose, The tins are all in good order but they have been here for a long time.” They fetched torches & went deeper into the cave.”

Gaby, “There is fresh water here at least we have plenty of food & water.”

A voice, “Please do not touch the water.”

Gaby, “ Who said that?”

A shape emerged from the shadows. “I was not always like this but I have been for the last 45 years or so. To be honest time means nothing to me anymore.”

Gaby, “Come into the open where we can see you properly. I see nothing wrong with you Amazonia.”

The person replied. “You know Amazonia. She helped me rescue the children.”

Gaby, “You are from The Empress of India I take it.”

The real Amazonia turned up, “Opps I am in trouble. Everything went clean from my mind.”

“Amazonia you kept your promise though & brought a rescue party although I fear it is too late for us all now as we can never ever return to normal life.”
Gaby, “Why ever not you are all pretty.”

“Yes but we are no longer human. That water did something to us & we now are half fish.”

Gaby, “I understand now you & all the children are mermaids. We dived on the ship & salvaged all we could the others Adults got aboard one of the small boats. They were all gunned down by the Japanese. The Ship stayed afloat for quite a while. We managed to salvage everything & we also put all the bodies in the hold they will still be there. We did not realise that drinking the water would turn us to mermaids. Now all we have to do is enter the sea & our tail appears. We originally had both boys & girls but they are all now girls like I am.”

Amazonia, “You are my responsibility & I should have stayed with you.”

Gaby, “What I need to do is take a roll call of all those who survived.”

The Amazonia look alike, “You better start with me.” “I was the first Mate & was called Reginald Christian, The girls all call me Chrisi these days.” One by one they all gave their names.

Gaby, “According to the records there is still a child missing.”

One of the girls, “He got very ill & shrank until he became this.”

Amazonia, “I know exactly what has happened. I created a pick me up for all the children & told Chrisi to give them a spoonful each.”

Chrisi, “I did but when my back was turned he drank the lot. He then got sick and ended up as a baby.”

Gaby, “Amazonia has been very ill herself. You all will be returning with us. Unfortunately it will not be possible for any of you to return to your original families. I can though claim all you are entitled to & it may be possible for you to see relatives again. There will have to be restrictions on what you do though.”

Chrisi, “We could be carrying something.”

Gaby, “What you all got saved and yet changed your life forever. We came here to dive on & salvage various ships.”

Chrisi, “We know where they all are & can show you.” We even gathered all the sailors & placed them in the holds regardless of nationality.”

Chrisi looked out at the sea, “Are those your ships?”

Maddy, “They have all what we need to salvage with.”

Marie Rose kept quiet but then said, “I was promised the dive on the Empress of India.”

Chrisi said, “Get your gear on & I will show you her before she is lifted.” Photos were taken of her under the water. Chrisi then realised Marie Rose was swimming without diving gear.

Chrisi, “Are any of you normal?”

Marie Rose, “It depends on your definition of normal. I got my ability to swim from my father & my wife. I was once male but I have been changing like you did. I wanted to dive on this to locate my father’s bones. I have found something far better though. I have discovered I now have lots of sisters.” All of a sudden a light switched on in Chris's head.

“Your Becky's child the baby that I never knew.”

“Mum is dead but she never stopped loving you & hoped one day to see you again”

Chrisi, “You have seen me & the children how can we ever lead normal lives again?”

Gaby, “First of all 25% of these with me are mermaids. The remainder have similar abilities. Living with us none of you will be out of place. It certainly is not Utopia & we have all to make our living. Living & working with us though will certainly put the life back into you all. Also as you all appear to be alive because of Amazonia it is only right she takes the credit.”

Amazonia, “There can be no going back but you can look to the future & I can promise you all a super time including the baby.”

Chrisi, “Do you intend to raise all the wrecks?”

Gaby, We where contracted to raise certain ships but if we happen to find others then we will also raise them. We found some other ships & they appear to be almost intact other than their masts. Do you want to see them as they are in a cave & need dragging out?”

Gaby looked at the ships & said, “You found these in here.”

Chrisi Yes we were wondering if they were still sea worthy & if it would be possible for us to drag them out of here & attempt to get home in them.”

Gaby, “Well we can certainly drag them out & on to the beach.

A short time later all the boats were out & on the beach. Amanda said. “It is amassing they have survived so long they must be years old.”

Amanda , “Well that is Roman & must be at least 2000 years old. That one there is Viking & there should be gold & silver on board as it is a burial ship. That is Egyptian & is older than 2000 years.

Gaby, “I will call for one of the barges & have them put in it.” All the ships were placed in the barge & instructions were given for it to head to home.

One by one the once powerful ships surfaced. Chrisi said, “They will find no weapons on them. We dived them all & everything of value is already here. We did it because we had nothing better to do.”

Gaby, “Did the sharks not bother you.”

Chrisi laughed,” They were quick learners that we like eating shark meat. Around 200 miles in any direction is devoid of Sharks & all the smaller fish consider it a safe area.”

Gaby, “I take it that you have investigated all the wrecks within a 200 mile radius?”

Chrisi , “Actually it will be over 500 mile radius from here. Everything though was eventually transported here. We have recovered all sorts of artefacts.”

Gaby, “Well apparently you are all very wealthy.”

Chrisi, “What is the point of being rich & unable to spend any of it. If you want it you can have it all.”

Cave after cave was filled with treasure & artefacts. Until they got to the last cave this was full of ammunition & nothing else.” Gaby looked & said you brought all this here?”

Chrisi, “We were puzzled about this one though.”

Gaby, “This has been here all the time. Can we go outside please. Chrisi this is important there are no more people on this or any of the neighbouring islands.”

Robyn sang into the sea & every living thing took off.

Chrisi , “She told them all there was a great danger here & they had all to get away fast. The camp was completely dismantled. All the ships had gone & so had all the others including the children.

Chrisi, “The dolphins tell me there is a strange craft coming.”

Gaby went to greet them, “We found the survivors of the Empress of India & apparently ammo & other stuff was always been washed up on the shore they collected it & placed it in a cave. They showed me with pride a strange box they had recovered. I recognised it as the A bomb that went missing some time ago.”

The team went to inspect it. “It is a wonder it has not gone off before now it is still live & far too dangerous to move.”

Gaby, “That is what I thought & moved everybody to safety immediately. “We will have to take you & this island will be uninhabitable for quite a while.”

Chrisi, “Did we find something very dangerous.”

Gaby, “Lets put it like this if it blows up it will be heard in Australia & the Island will be no more.”

Chrisi, “In that case there is something else that needs removing as well as us. They are in the caves to the north.

Gaby, “Set about setting the charges. Do not worry about us we will recover what she has in the caves. You did say the caves to the north?”

Chrisi take my hand & Maddy’s hand. The next second they were by the caves.

Gaby, “Ah I understand how you moved everything now.”

Gaby spoke as if it was an everyday event to find a herd of sea dragons. As she spoke she changed into the golden dragon. All the others followed her to the beach. Maddy & Chrisi found they were changed into dragons. Gaby took off followed by all the others.

They where a long way up in the sky when the explosion happened. They all felt the shock wave as the island blew up.

Chrisi, “Our home has just died we can never return home.” They all followed Gaby to a new site. They spoke to you as if you where their family.”

Gaby, “In a way I am.” Gaby changed back to her normal form as did Chrisi & Maddy.”

Gaby, “These are the reason the Great whites kept clear not because you liked shark meat. I was puzzled how you could operate so far from home. Now we know. I will return for you to take you to your new home but first I must check on the others.”

Chrisi, “Where are we going now?”

Gaby, “We are going to see what is left of the island.”

Maddy, “We are there now.”

Chrisi, “But it has gone completely.”

Gaby, “That is what we wanted to show you. There can never be any return here & that is what we needed to show you.” Gaby & the others returned to the Sea dragons.”

One of the sea dragons, “Empress our home has died where will we live.”
Gaby, “That is easy with me & the other dragons. To others you will appear as Humans but when we are in the sea you will revert to your true form. Besides uncle Neptune will be fuming when he discovers I have my own sea dragons. Back home the sea dragons all settled down to life with Gaby.

Lorelei came one day, “We have visitors.”

Gaby went in to the great hall. “I thought I would come and visit you Gaby. As I got nearer here I could smell dragons & in here smells like a parliament of dragons to me.”

Gaby, “As you can see with your eyes there are no dragons here.”

Nessie looked around, “I see my niece has acquired yet more guards.”

Gaby, “These are some of the survivors from the island that blew up.”

Nessie, “Yes that has been puzzling me how the children managed to move the A bomb in to the cave. I can still smell sea dragons. I think that your Uncle is not the only one to have a flight of Sea dragons. Yes I know about the red, blue & yellow dragons. I even know you are the golden dragon the one that rules all.”

As Nessie spoke the others all closed in on Gaby. See even now your flight protects you although they look human. Do not worry I would not harm Gaby. You all look human & to most people that would be enough. All dragons regardless of how they look give off pheromones. I detect at least 27 sea Dragons here. Is one of them Uraina daughter of Nessie? Uraina it is your duty to protect your cousin & sisters.”

Uraina, “I take orders from nobody but the Empress. Uraina you will obey me. It may be a long time since I disciplined you but you are never too old.”

One of the others spoke. “Mother we thought you had been killed as you never returned.”

Nessie, “I understand you will all share in the payment for the recovered items.”

Uraina, “I know nothing over payments we just enjoyed swimming with the children. When swimming with the children we had nothing to protect them from. The Great Whites avoided the area as if it was the plague. Even the smaller sharks all avoided the area.”
Nessie , “I am not surprised they can smell you around 300 miles away and have no intention of been your lunch.”

Gaby, “Nessie you can detect them all by smell?”

“Empress everyone has a distinct scent. No human can detect it. “Uraina here scent tells me many things. It told me where she was & who she was with. It tells me like her sisters she badly needs a mate badly. She has already selected her eternal mate. Like her sisters she will defend her mate from harm.”

Uraina, “Mother You knows my sisters & I can only ever have one mate.”

Nessie, “Your scent tells me you are in desperate need of a baby or two Uraina.”

Neptune appeared, “I understand I have another 27 daughters but they have already been claimed. Empress Do I get chance to meet my daughters.”

Gaby, “Uraina you had best introduce your sisters to your father.” After they had been introduced
Neptune, “Uraina a while ago I promised all my children to another god as their companions.”

Uraina. “Father Greek-Roman God.”

Marie Rose, “Gaby what happened to the rest of the collection was it all destroyed in the atomic explosion?”

Gaby said, “You do not think I would let all that be destroyed do you?”

Emily & Amelia, “Chrisi make extensive notes of where everything came from & we can reconstruct what the site looked like.”

Chrisi, “I recorded everything & put it on homemade paper & used Octopus ink & Goose Quills.”

Gaby, “You can help your grand daughters with the listing of everything.

Amazonia, “All my sisters have agreed to help with the sorting.” There was a fair collection of Roman, Greek & Maroi statues.

Venus & Juno, “We thought we would come to identify who you have got this time.”

Gaby.” They are all in the great hall. They followed Gaby into the great hall.

Juno, “Venus look at this it is a superb replica of you as you are now not as you looked in Roman & Greek times.”

Venus, “It is an excellent copy of me & it could be my twin. Gaby may I keep it as it is an excellent copy of me?”

Gaby, “You might as well look around & see if you know any of the others. Venus & Juno named several other gods.

Gaby, “Venus did you ever have a twin?”

Venus thought, “It is so long ago now but I do remember playing with Ventura but she vanished one day never to be seen again.

Gaby pointed her sceptre, “Ventura you are free.” “

“Venus did you get that Titan?”

Venus said, “You are Ventura?”

“Of course I am Ventura & I am fuming. I want to get even with him.”

Gaby, “Somebody did this to you.”

“Me & the girls I was playing with & then they sold us as statues. Wait until I report what happened to Zeus.”

Juno, “He has permanently retired as has Mars.”

Ventura calmed down , “I have not thanked you for releasing me.”

Gaby,” Can you name any of these as your twin can not remember the names of any of them.”

Ventura , “I will look & see who I can recognise. You apparently have many of the Maroi gods here. In fact looking at them I would say you have the whole family. The girls used to play with me. There are some I do not recognise at all but this group I do.” There are the Pisces Sisters Mere & Tarn,”

Amazonia & Yellow joined the group. Gaby, “Ventura here is trying to name the statues for us.”

Ventura turned round, “Fire & Water.”

Gaby, “Which of the statues are called that.”

“Sorry when these two came in I thought of Fire & Water.”

Gaby, “Venus will you stay in the centre with Ventura. I am calling everyone in here now.”

Gaby took her seat & the room started to glow. Gaby looked around & saw all the seats were taken.

Venus, “Sister just do as I do as we approach the throne we curtsy.”

Venus curtsied. “Empress may I present my long lost Sister Ventura. I ask for permission for her to live with me for now.”

Gaby, “Ventura you may live with your sister other than that you they will live here. I cannot have any of you going off again & doing your own thing. Although you are a goddess in your own right I expect you here to work & train alongside all the others.”

“Venus I have been quite relaxed with you but now your twin is here I am afraid you will have to tow the line like all the others.”

Venus, “Empress I was thinking of enrolling as all the rest have great fun with you.”

Gaby, “Ventura you called two of my companions Fire & Water.”

Ventura, “I did not want to be rude but one reminded me of the fire sisters the daughters of Vulcan. The other reminded me of the water babies & children of Neptune.”

Yellow came forward, “I personally took it as a complement to be called one of the Fire sisters. As for Amazonia she is a water baby & the daughter of Neptune.”

Ventura, “Then I must greet my uncle & ask him for justice.”

Gaby, “First you will tell us what happened to you & your companions that still need releasing.”

“That morning I had an argument with Venus over a boy we both fancied. Diana also fancied him & all three of us wanted him as our partner. I went outside & met up with the sisters of the boy we all fancied. I thought if I got in with them then I would stand a better chance with Herne.”

Gaby, “You & Venus both fancied Herne the Hunter?”

Ventura, “I take it you know him.”

Gaby, “He & his wife are friends with me.”

“Well I played with his sisters. Balder & his brothers saw us playing & turned us all to stone. They then went & sold us to the people of Troy. When the town fell we were all brought back to Greece but a storm came up the ship turned over & everyone was thrown out of the boat. The boat drifted for days until it came to the island where we where found. The great sea dragons found us & put us in the cave where you found us.”

Gaby, “Balder & his brothers will pay for their crimes. Ventura First though I have some others here you might like to greet. As to your original wish that still could be granted.”

Herne in came holding Diana.

Diana, “I am glad to see you again Ventura.” “I am now no1 wife of Herne but with the Empresses permission & mine you could still be no 2 wife if you still desired. First though you will have to swear loyalty too & become a companion of the Empress.”

Ventura, “Herne you have not said much.”

Herne, “I was thinking you said Balder & his brothers where responsible. The Empress has already taken care of Balder & in future he & his brothers will be no problem to any of us. In fact they are under the care of your Uncle Neptune.”

Gaby, “Oh I realise now who Balder & his brothers where. Ventura I can assure you they know what it is like to be turned into stone. They also know what it is like to be Mannequins. Now they have received their penultimate punishment from Herne. They will be permanently under the care of Neptune.”

Nessie turned up, “I am glad Ventura has finally arrived as I have a job for her & it may help take all the frustration out of her. Your uncle sends his best wishes & says to tell you Balder has been taken care of. He requires your help so that Balder & Brothers can never return.”

Ventura , “That lot are purely evil & if it will help then I will do as Uncle wants.”

Herne,” Ventura when you return from your uncles if you are still in the same mind then neither Diana nor I have any objection to you becoming my no 2. In fact Diana will welcome the company.”

Ventura, “I smell a rat somewhere. What is the catch?”

Gaby, “If you do not want to live with Herne then you can always move in here.”

Ventura turned to Herne, “Herne I was & still am in love with you. I will do as Uncle Wants & then return here. I will work with the Empress & see what I have missed out on. I am giving myself two years to get acclimatised after that if I still feel the same then I will become your number two. It also gives you two years to woo me & date me without either of us been formally tied.”

Diana, “That is £10.00 you owe me Herne as I said she would still want to wait.”

Ventura, “We never know what is round the corner & I may even find somebody I like more than Herne.”

Herne, “Ventura I will abide with your decision. I fear that I may have already lost you to another although you do not know it yet. Yes Gaby these could be my sisters. I agree these others could all be Maroi gods but we need somebody to name them for us.”
A voice, “Father is due again with some of the tribe perhaps he will know their names.”

Gaby said, “We can ask him to look otherwise we will be going to New Zealand to check out the Maroi's.”

Zelda, “Is there not supposed to be a witch doctor conference similar to the witch one we held.”

Ursula , “That is correct as the witch doctor & chief of the Umbongo was due there.”

Gaby, “We best send our own delegation headed by Galadriel & Ursula.”

Running Water, “Can I go as well as my father in law could make an appearance?”

Gaby, “Herne the hunter call your sisters names.” A bolt of energy left Gaby & hit the statues one by one they came alive.

“Brother you saved us all.”

Herne, “Sorry sisters all I did was call your names while the Empress restored you. If it had not been for the children of the sea we would never have found you.”

“We will then thank all who helped in our restoration. We need to find our friend & playmate Ventura.”

Ventura , “I was released just before you but Herne wanted to call your names.”

The eldest, “I see very few males here. Is this place of safety for us females?”

Herne, “Sisters if you stay here I can assure you all that your life would never be boring or staid. You are certainly in a place of safety.”

“Brother Do you mind if we all stay here as all the girls appear to be around our age.”

Herne, “You will all have to be introduced correctly & you must curtsy when you are introduced.” Herne looked at them all & said, “Let me dress you all appropriately.” He pointed his arm at his sisters. “You are now appropriately attired as befits your station.”

“Herne these dresses you have put us in are for court.”

Herne, “Where do you think you are now.”

Herne approached the throne, “Empress my sisters have said, they all wish to stay here with you. With this in mind I have no choice but to agree to their wishes & give them all to you as your companions.”

The eldest of the group approached curtsied, “I am Isadora the eldest these are Jasmine, Kasmira, Lemuela, Marcella, Nixie, Olympia, Pamphilia & Easter. We are not things to be given away as our brother thinks fit. We are living beings.”

Gaby, “Do not blame your brother he was doing as instructed. He would gladly have you live with him but there would still be rules to follow. You described this place has been like a convent. Well think of me as mother superior & all the rest as sisters. We have similar rules, Consorting with anybody but the sisters is forbidden. Likewise going out with members of the opposite sex is also forbidden unless there are exceptional circumstances. You may kiss any member of the sisterhood or family such as Herne otherwise that is forbidden. You will be expected to go to school & retrain.”

Lemuela, “I used to think of my big brother as all powerful. He always looked after us all. I cannot accept either of your offers. As a child my parents made arrangements to give me to the Heavenly Queen as her eternal companion. So it’s with great sadness I have to decline your offer & I must take my place as a companion of the Heavenly Queen.”

Olympia was the next to speak. “All of us refuse to be separated from Lemuela. Where she goes then we will also follow.”

Gaby, “Actually I agree Lemuela should honour her parent’s decision. I further agree that the rest of you should stay with your sister. Herne as your sister was promised to the Heavenly Queen I would recommend preparing your sisters for their wedding. The Ancient forest of Sharphaw will be ideal for the wedding. Herne you & Diana must now take your sisters & prepare them.”

Diana, “At least the choice was theirs. “
Ventura approached Gaby, “Unlike Herne sisters I know where they are going & wish to join them.”

Gaby, “You first still have a job to do & I will be coming with you to see it is done correctly.”

Gaby, “This is the entrance to Neptune's world.”

Ventura looked through a window, “Female sea dragons.”

Gaby, “This is Balder & his brothers. They all need to be impregnated to ensure they can never ever return as Balder & brothers.”

Ventura , “You want me to find a male Sea dragon.”

Gaby, “No I want you to become the male sea dragon & impregnate each of them. After you have done that you will revert to normal & you will find all the hate & loathing has departed.”

Gaby, “Once a female sea dragon is impregnated she carries the seed for all eternity & has children when they are needed.”

Ventura , “Will Balder ever be able to return?”

Gaby, “Until they all provide the quota of Sea dragons needed they will not be able to return. If they manage to provide the quota then they will become human females & live out the remainder of their lives like that.

Gaby, “I will take you to the side chamber. There you will change once you have finished your task then return to the chamber & you will be released. Neptune & I will be watching. The others are already in the breading chamber & are in desperate need of a male so there will not be any prolonged delay once you are in the chamber. I would recommend though you do each of them at least three times. Once this is over you can also become my companion if you still wish it.”

There was a small group watching at the windows as Ventura entered. Herne had brought his sisters to watch.

Olympia, “They are Balder & brothers?”

Gaby, “Was Balder is more appropriate.”

Nixie, “That male sea dragon is impressive but I think the golden dragon is the most impressive though. I would even be willing to bear the children of the golden dragon.”

Maddy whispered, “She soon will be.” Neptune was keeping count . “She has certainly made sure they are never ever released.” She has dealt with each one of them nine times. Ventura staggered out of the compound & collapsed. When she awoke she found Gaby was at her side. “Here take this it is a high energy drink to replace all that you used up.”

Neptune , “You have determined their sentence & it is far longer than I expected.”

Ventura , “How did I determine the length of their sentence.”

Gaby, “You multiplied the amount by three I recommended.”

Neptune , “Every one of them is now pregnant. Unlike you though a sea dragon pregnancy can be a thousand years & they cannot produce until the child is adult.”

Ventura.”So in 9,000 years plus they may finally be free.”

Neptune, “By then they will completely have forgotten their previous existence & will continue to live in a family group.”

Gaby, “Once they have children they will never leave them & you ensured they each have at least nine.”

Ventura noticed Nixie. “You watched everything.”

Nixie. “You where impressive as the male sea dragon. I was telling Ariel I would have liked to bear the children of the golden dragon.”

Yellow, “Nixie your name means sea sprite. I want you to close your eyes & tell me what you smell if anything.”

Nixie did as she was told, “This is not going to be a practical joke or anything is it.”

Gaby , “No it is no joke but I will blindfold you properly so you cannot see what is happening.”

Gaby blindfolded Nixie. Nixie, “I cannot see a thing now.”

Yellow, “We are taking you a walk & will then sit you down.”

Gaby, “Nixie you may now sit down.” Nixie felt with her hands & sat down carefully. I want you just to listen to my voice & any instructions I ask you. Various people will come to you I want you just to smell them & then tell us what you smell.”

Nixie, “OK but I cannot see what you will get out of this.” Yellow was the first in front of her.

Nixie, “This is like a damask Rose & is quite a nice perfume. Red was next. “This one likes to wear Lily of the Valley. Simone was next. “This one has many smells. I can smell the sea but there are traces of disinfectant or something similar.” Blue was next. “Ah this one likes Daffodils. Gaby signalled Nessie to stand in front of her. “This one also likes the sea & I can smell fish, Crabs & Crocus flowers.”

Gaby, “One more to go & stood in front herself.”

Nixie, “I like this one it is the Alpine Lotus & has a smell similar to all the others.”

Yellow spoke, “Nixie if you were told to think you where a dragon & had to choose a mate from those in front of you which would you select.”

Nixie, “I would choose the last one first & the Damask Rose Second & The second one third.”

Red, “Nixie one of these is the golden dragon.”

Nixie, “Can the two who smell of the sea stand at the side of me. Can you both guide me to the other four.”

Simone, “We are there.”

Nixie sniffed, “If I was a dragon & had to choose the golden dragon from this then this is the one I would choose to be my partner.”

Simone, “Are you positive you would choose this one?”

Nixie, “I am more than positive. I would even choose this one as my partner even if it was not the golden dragon. I know that by the giggles of my sisters have I done something silly.”

Jasmine, “You have just proved something to us all. We were giggling because we all have made the same decision as you have. The only difference was you could not see who you where wanting to spend your life with. Nixie before you take your blindfold off propose & ask the person if we can all become their eternal partners.”

Nixie, “I cannot see you but I like the smell of you in fact I am attracted to it. I am taking the cue off my sisters & formally asking you if you will accept me & my sisters as your wives & companions.” Nixie threw her arms round the person in front of her and then Nixie removed the blindfold “No wonder they were all giggling it is Gaby.”

Herne, “Nixie as your brother I heard your proposal to the Empress. You decided to take my advice after all. Empress Gaby, Queen of Heaven apparently all my sisters have decided to become your partners along with Ventura. I already have made arrangements & this time I will have to take them all to prepare them correctly. As to Ventura it is probably best that she also gets ready with my sisters.”

Lyris, “I have to tell you mum & her sisters are quite happy here. Justice has asked me to remind you that the security team needs inspecting as most of them have been ignored while we were away.”

Gaby, “My memory must be slipping I clean forgot they where there.”

Justice, “Sorry to remind you but only you can fully inspect the team.”

Gaby, “Robyn will you ensure all is correct for tonight's service. All the family & all my troops will be there. Now to inspect the rest of the garrison & see how they are performing.”

They got to the former mill complex to find the Ghurkhas where performing their drill alongside the other recruits. The Ghurkha Captain, “I thought it was better if we all drilled together.”

Gaby, “You have just been promoted to General & will be in overall command of all three groups. There is also the Princess Lily division.”
The General, “In future the cadets will all drill with us then.”

Gaby, “Mehitabel does the Chinese section still wish to remain or do they wish to continue with the computers.”

Lee, “Mistress we all wish to still take our lessons but we all wish also to form your Chinese defence force & with your permission the adults will be the Empress Gilda fourth division of the Empress of Heaven Defence force. There is only one we can follow & we have already made our choice.”

Uraina, “Neptune, Mother was right in that both my sisters & I need to find a mate well I & my sisters have already found our chosen one. If you want to be my father then as is the human custom you may give us to our chosen golden partner.”

Neptune, “Gaby apparently my choice & that of all my daughters agree. I formally give to you as your mates like all their sisters these 27. From what Nessie tells me I will not have long to wait before I have more grand children to play with & even less time to wait for my new daughters.”
Field Marshal.

Maddy, “Gaby it might be a good idea to promote the General to a Field Marshal. As we have the other sections as well including the Bavarian.”

Gaby, “Before I consider that first we have to inspect all of these who are now living here. General I presume they are doing exactly the same course as the rest?”

The general, “All but one section & that I was waiting for your decision on them all. I know you personally selected them all but what I did not know was if they were blood lines or not so until I was sure then they have not been allowed to go to the bloodline classes.”

Gaby stopped at one young woman & asked her name. The young woman saluted, “My name is & always has been Shirley Crabtree the others tend to call me Big Daddy after the famous wrestler from Bradford.”

Gaby opened her laptop & typed in the name. “I see you had an exemplary career in front of you & you applied for the SAS. You where about to pass & has only one more obstacle to do.”

Two others close by spoke up please may we speak in her defence. We both found an injured female on the moors. We decided to break cover & help her. Unfortunately we both also had injured ourselves. We found a cave not far from the seven sisters. We were in no state to continue & the woman was getting very cold.”

Shirley found all three of us. First we all had to share our body heat. We stripped off & used our clothing and used it as bedding. Shirley built a fire. Eventually the woman started to recover & she kissed us all.”

Shirley put on his clothing , “He was going to have to go for help for us all and forsake the test. Unfortunately because he did that he found not only was he demoted but also put in the female section with no harder duties than typing.”

Gaby, “Shirley is this why you where busted?”

Shirley, “I expected to be praised but I was told that I should have left the three to the elements & the recovery team would have eventually found them. I disagreed as the woman was clearly in a very bad way. I was sent back to my original unit but then the medic noticed something strange happening to me. I was immediately transferred to the women's section. These two happened to be my companions now.”

Gaby, “Now to you two. Ah yes the sisters Leslie & Marion. Also downgraded for the same incident.”

Gaby, “General consider yourself promoted to Field Marshal. Shirley you will have your original rank reinstated & receives back pay. From today you are General. Leslie you are now Captain & Marion Captain. This young woman did you kiss her?”

Shirley, “We all took it in turns to give her air as she had almost given up breathing.”

“So all three of you made bodily contact with her. Since then have you had any girl friends or boyfriends.”

Shirley, “I have not I have been putting all my time with these. Although that is not quite true. Each night we have a dance as we all enjoy dancing. We all end up kissing our partners & the dances are usually progressive.”

Gaby, “I want to know now is there any of you who have not kissed these three.”

One of the girls, “Please do not send us away we only do it during the dancing.”

Gaby, “I will not be sending any of you away although I need to find out who the female was. I am placing an immediate ban on you all consorting with anyone who is not wearing the golden GB badge. You have not got to even touch anybody else. As to the rest of you I need you all to go for an immediate check-up.”

Gaby, “Shirley, Marion & Leslie come with me.” They found themselves by the seven sisters.”

Gaby, “You are not the first officers that have come a cropper here in fact it should be placed out of bounds to all officers.”

Leslie, “It was around here where we found her.”

Marion, “we managed to break our legs around here. We tried to find her later but she just vanished into thin air. She was delirious & kept saying get her to her father & she would be OK.”

Gaby , “Was this the cave?”

Shirley, “Yes it was in fact we found a pile of old swimming costumes & used them as bedding & our clothing as covers.”

Gaby, “Swimming costumes up here.”

Marion, “It is true all of them where the same & apparently in good condition. They where all the same colour.”

Leslie, “Look there is still a pile & one of them is wet.”

Gaby pointed the scanner at the costumes & got the result she expected. Gaby. “I think you are going to meet your mystery lady again.”

There sat on a stone was a young woman crying.

Shirley, “That is the mystery woman.”

Gaby, “Wait here a minute & approach when I signal you. Astral is that you crying?”

Astral looked up, “Oh it is you Gaby. I am in big trouble with you & with dad. I did not mean for it to happen it just did.”

Gaby, “Would this have anything to do with three soldiers.” Astral started to wail again, “Obviously it does.”

Astral stopped crying, “I come here to relax after you found me I use the way from the castle to here & I go swimming in the pool. My old costumes I discard in the cave. I fell & injured myself & two soldiers on a training exercise found me. They also got injured & where found by a third. He lit a fire & stripped us all of & used the text book body heat to get heat into me. As you know I am not human and my body absorbed far more than their body heat. It absorbed every drop of his masculinity & any the girls had. For that reason alone I will be in trouble with you but at the time I was also at my most fertile time. Father is going to go crackers when he realises that a human has managed to impregnate me.”

Gaby, “ Astral where are your babies now?”

Astral. “They are very bonny & both girls & they are close by.”

“Astral you realise the three will now have to join us.”

Astral, “I was foolish & I should have come to you before & told you but I was terrified of the consequences.”

Gaby, “It would have been better if you had informed us immediately.”

Astral burst into tears again, “What are you going to do to me?”

Gaby, “Nothing at all. You apparently were in no fit state & the three who tried to help you did not realise what or who you where.”

Astral, “I need to find them or they might infect others.”

Gaby, “Ah we are a little bit too late on that score & around a 1000 are infected with your virus.”

Astral, “Just what father needs another 1,000 of us.”

Astral thought for a moment, “Gaby you apparently know the whereabouts of those infected & you do not seem bothered.”

Gaby, “Astral you like your sisters are my companion. Your children are mine so first I think I should see my daughters before her aunts arrive.”

Astral, “Oh no I am in for a verbal ear bashing of Ariel & Lorelei if nobody else.”

Gaby, “They already know what had happened & are waiting with Maddy & some of the others for you.”

Astral , “They are waiting to try me for my crimes.”

Gaby, “Let me feed the babies. Nobody is going to harm you on that you can be assured. You though may find your accommodation rather cramped with your bed mates.”

Maddy & the others joined the group. Ariel, “So these are my nieces.” Gaby looked at Ariel.

Ariel, “Do you want your aunts to nurse you. Silly mummy thought we would not notice her vanishing.”

Shirley, “You are the girl we could not find.”

Astral , “I see you two still have scars from your breaks I have something that will cure the scars. I owe all three of you an apology & a thank you.”

Shirley, “You where delirious when the girls found you. You kept saying take me to my father & I will be OK. The only way was to get direct heat into your body you had lost that much & you were in danger of dying from Hypothermia.”

Astral, “No you do not understand I am not normal.”

Leslie, “You are as normal as us.”

Shirley, “I could be classed as abnormal. I once was a 6 ft male & I somehow contracted a virus that has the medics perplexed. I was transferred to the women's unit when it became obvious I could no longer work with my unit. These two just happened to befriend me & we are now a unit.”

Astral, “No you still do not understand I gave you that virus.”

Gaby, “Astral, Ariel & Lorelei strip & dive into the tarn.”

Marion, “No it is far too cold to do that.” All three of them dived in & then lifted their tails up.”

Shirley burst out laughing. “I now realise the significance of getting her to her father. If she had been placed in the pool she would have recovered. Instead we used the standard technique for hypothermia. I slept with two normal girls & a mermaid & other than provide body heat nothing else happened.”

Ariel, “Unfortunately there you are wrong. Astral absorbed your body heat but she also absorbed something else from you all. She also gave you all something.”

Astral, “I need to know something for my own presence of mind. Have any of you three had sex or had a partner since we all meet?”

Leslie, “I can speak for all three of us none of us has had a partner or had sex or kissed anybody until a few weeks ago.”

Shirley, “That is correct & until the dances with the new unit we had not kissed anybody else. Each night we all kiss our dancing partners.”

Astral, “Your unit has it anything to do with Gaby.”

“We are supposed to be the defence force for her provided by different countries but personally selected by Gaby.”

Astral, “Would there be about a thousand of you.”

Shirley, “Yes there are 1,000 of us.”

Ariel, “Dad is going to love this a 1,000 new daughters & 2 granddaughters.”

Leslie, “You are responsible for Shirley's change.”

Gaby, “Actually it is not just Shirley although hers is more dramatic. All three of you strip off & dive straight in.”

Shirley, “I presume that is a direct order we have to obey.” All three dived in.

Gaby, “Lift your legs out of the water.”

Marion , “The virus has made us all mermaids. I now understand the instructions we have not to kiss anybody unless they are wearing the Golden GB badge. If I was to kiss anybody else they would become as us & it is a preventative measure.”

Gaby, “ Shirley would you like to hold these two now or even feed them.”

Shirley, “I suppose I am now one of their Aunts.”

Astral, “No you are more than that. When you three turned me into a sandwich I was at my most fertile & absorbed every drop of testosterone from all three of you. In return you all will be female, very beautiful & young & have a very long life.”

Leslie, “So all four of us are now mothers to the babies.”

Astral, “These are all the ones I will have for a very long time. I expect all of you to help me with them. I now understand why my apartment needs enlarging. Empress I have to ask you to also take these three so they may live with me as my companions.”

Shirley, “The others will it have affected them all?”

Gaby, “Yes & to prove it you can bring them all here & have them strip off & dive in & order them to lift their legs. In case you are wondering we all have similar abilities. I am not a mermaid but I have similar attributes.”

Shirley, “You promoted me to general well. All 1,000 will be brought up here & undergo the same test. I will take ten at a time to the pool.”

Gaby. “ No need to do that brings them all to the castle & we will use the full-size Olympic pool we have.”

That night when General Shirley arrived she had also brought the Chinese with her “I was undecided about these but I thought they had all best come.”

Gaby, “You are all been split into 9 teams & each individual has to swim a mile or you are out.” After the first nine dived in they quickly swam the mile & also realised why they were there.”

One of the first girls, “My legs are back now & I feel fit.”

Eventually all of them but the last nine had competed the swimming.
Lorelei, “None of these have changed.”

Shirley, “They were the first I ever kissed. They also kissed Marion & Leslie.”

Galadriel, “They would not be infected if they had a previous contamination from another source.”

Gaby, “Stop you will all swim against me & it will not be a mile but 10 miles.” They found that Gaby was pulling away from them several tried to keep up & eventually found the reserves to keep up with Gaby. Four found they could not pass but they where 1/4 of a length behind the rest of them. All nine noticed they where been cheered on by the rest.

Maddy sounded the horn for the final lap by now Gaby had pulled a full length ahead of the rest of the group. Gaby was out & waiting when the rest of them arrived.

Gaby, “Right you nine if you still want to be part of my defence team you are going to have to improve your swimming you are all far too slow.”

One of the girls, “None of us have ever done 10 miles before.”

Gaby, “Each night all nine of you will come here & swim a minimum of ten miles. The sensors will record all the laps you do & the time. You will also notice the time you are all expected to do. Also I am moving you all out of the complex & you will live in the castle for the time being. General Shirley, These nine will be staying here. I have already made arrangements for their belongings to be sent here.”

Marion, “She has separated them did you notice they did not develop tails but they are strong swimmers. All the rest are mermaids.”
More Angels.

When the nine got out of the water the General, “You nine will be transferred here with immediate effect.”

One of the girls called Rachel, “Everything we own is at the mill.”

General Shirley, “As we speak it is already been moved & will be in place once you are dressed. You no longer come under my command.” All nine of you have been transferred with immediate effect to an elite unit. In future you will take direct orders from the Empress & her second in command & nobody else.” The nine saluted General Shirley as she left with the others.

A voice, “Feeling rather dumped on. The other all have to come to terms with being Mermaids & that does not apply to you nine but then you all knew that.”

Rachel looked up at the voice & at first did not recognise her. Mary said, “Rachel you are five short there should be 18 of us here.”

Rachel's face lit up. “Mary I did not recognise you.”

Rachel, “We could no longer detect you or the other three.”

Mary, “Back at home you will only ever be able to detect Gaby. For the moment you can be detected but soon all trace of the nine of you will vanish. We though still know everything that is happening at home & there should be five more to join us.” “

Rachel,” Dad was finding it funny over Lucy. She asked for sanctuary from you because she feared the wrath of the Queen of Heaven. Dad said, I had to give you this when we were discovered. No one up there knows you all know what is going on.”

Gaby put her finger to her lips to tell Rachel to be quiet. Gaby read the note .Apparently all of you where married off before you left. Unless accompanying me or Galadriel or on our Business you will not be allowed to return.”

Rachel, “The others are here & apparently they have brought all our belonging.”

Maddy, “Like Harp & things because I cannot think what else you would need up there.”

Maddy, “All fourteen of you asked to be sent here because you wanted to be with your sisters.”

Rachel , “We all missed Lucy & the others because they where the rebels & always made things interesting. We also watched you & decided we wanted to be one with you.”

Gaby, “According to this all I need to do is slip the ring on your fingers & you all are mine forever. I seem to be having brides imposed on me will do it a different way. Tonight I am due to take additional partners on the Great hill of Sharphaw. I shall request the choir be in attendance. Lucy apparently these rings have been sent for you & your sisters. Also I can put these on you now as you are already my partners. Mary take your sisters & prepare them for their formal acceptance down here. In addition they will all need to be taught their new skills. I think though a new music class would not go a miss. Preferably harp & singing.”

That night all her companions & the host witnessed the formal acceptance by Gaby of her latest partners.

Gaby, “Peter instead of marrying them all by proxy you can come here & formally hand over each of these fourteen brides.” There was some chuckling in the ranks of the host as Peter came to hand over his daughters. “Just in case there are any more of the host who wish to join me & your sisters in the future. I will not be married by proxy & it will have to be by mutual agreement. Peter you in future will bring them direct to me & not try to sneak them in on me & think I will not notice.”

Gaby, “I have decided to run additional classes & they will be singing & music preferably Harp, Lyre or classical Guitar. Peter as you have the musical experts I think it is only right some of them teach for us.”

Rachel whispered to Mary. “At this rate we will end up with lots more sisters. Helga came across & spoke with Lucy.

Gaby, “It might be advisable for me to have a word with you concerning a contract we have just had come in.” “Monmouth & Chepstow councils have approached us concerning a bridge or at least the remains of a bridge in the river Wye. They suspect the remains are Roman. If they are then it will be the only one in the country. They want us to find a way to preserve the Archaeology & at the same time create an exact replica of the bridge. We already have the design of the bridge as it would have been in Roman times. We also have the use of the army to construct it in wood alongside the existing structures.”

Lucy,” Why do you need us?”

Helga, “We have to preserve the site & we are going to have to lower a 20 meter high x 25 meter heavy duty plastic tube over the site to protect it. “Once the lower section is in place a walkway by means of 3-meter diameter tubing to the shoreline from the site will be put in place. The plan is to locate & restore the roads either side of the bridge to Roman standard after doing a full survey & dig. The tubing will be hidden under one side of the bridge.”

Barbara , “Gaby you do all realise there was a fort close by. I should know because I burnt it to the ground & put all the inhabitants to sleep.”

Ally, “This could be a very big project indeed. Was Nester with you on this excursion.”

Barbara s, “Yes she was & she may remember more than me.”

Ally, “It looks like we all will be returning to the prison in Usk & using it as our base once again.”

Lucy, “My sisters & I can start immediately on the photographic images of the area. A short while later they returned with a mass of image.
“The road is clearly marked here right up to & beyond the bridge. We have located the site of the fort & town. This look interesting as it could be an amphitheatre or something similar.”

Gaby, “Ally find out who owns all this land.”

Ally, “This is already sorted out as we own it along with the riverbank where the structure is.”

Gaby, “I need Nester & Barbara & anybody else who remembers what was actually here to tell me.”

Amanda, “There is a good chance that other than the roofs the rest is intact as the river is notorious for overflowing. If so then sections of the town could be buried in mud.”

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos