Little Girl-Boy 6/Little Boy-Girl 30 Jamie Makes a stand

Printer-friendly version

Jamie and Ashley were sitting at the dinner table doing homework. Ashley was scared because he had to see someone that hasn’t seen his since he was born. I knew it was his crazy aunt that he didn’t want nothing to do with. I was wondering who could have him so scared not to go.

I asked him “why don’t you want to go see the people that wanted to see him.”

Ashley said “they want to see the little girl I used to be but I’m not that little girl no more and they expect to see me dressed like an eleven year old girl.”

Jamie said “daddy I can go in Ashley’s place it will be easy to fool them. Ashley and I are the same size and all.”

I said “Jamie” “Ashley has a birthmark that only they know about.”

Ashley said “Jamie your dad is right and yes you have the same shaped birthmark but it’s not on the same side that’s one thing they will look at. Plus I was born a girl and you were born a boy. So there’s no way to really fool them.”

Things have changed over the past six years. Ashley’s birth mother’s family didn’t want anything to do with her. Her father’s family didn’t know of the where about of her until now. His family couldn’t be reached at the time because the numbers they had didn’t work. William and Robin knew they were in for a fight. Ashley even knew the happy family he had could be torn apart. I wasn’t sure Ashley would stay right where he was.

The day Ashley was to meet the long lost grandparents. He got so sick that a trip to the hospital was in order. Doctors didn’t know how long Ashley would have to stay but it would be a week at the most. The Longs were told that Ashley couldn’t make it to see them and that the visit would have to happen another time. They were upset that they couldn’t see their grand-daughter but understood. (Note they believed at the time Ashley was still a girl but what they don’t know is that she’s a boy now and it would break their hearts if they knew the truth).

Lance Long said “can we see her in the hospital we will only stay a few minute. We just want to know she is well cared for. We also know that she was adopted when she was six and we could have taken her in if we knew where she was at the time of her mom’s death.”

William said “you can see Ashley but it’s not the same child you saw after she/ he was born eleven years ago.”

Lance asked “did you say he.”

William said “Ashley prefers to be called he as she wants to be a boy and we will stand behind Ashley’s wishes.”

Lance said knowing the truth “if we can see our grandson we will say our good-bys and give past birthday and Christmas gifts in cash and be on our way and let Ashley live life the way that is right for him.”

I was sitting with William and said “I’ll go in with Lance to make sure he doesn’t upset Ashley and his guest that’s cuddled up with him.”

Lance said “Ashley has found some one to love her. I mean him for the way he is.”

William said “Yes.”

I say “my daughter was born a boy but now lives as a girl and is happy.”

William said “and Jamie his one and only love.”

I said “she hasn’t left his side and it’s so cute to see her kiss him good nite and then hear the nurses see the morning kiss.”

Jamie is up and dressed for school every morning. Then once schools out she’s back at Ashley’s side and helping him with his school/homework. She wants Ashley to pass so they can be together the next year. Ashley was getting better but not to the point to go home. Lance Long gave Ashley a large some of money for the past five years for birthdays and Christmas for the same time frame. Ashley had to put on an act of a happy young lady and kissed her grandpa. But before he left Lance said “Ashley I respect your choice to live the way you are happy. And I would rather have a happy and living grandson than a dead grand-daughter.” Ashley gave Jamie half of the money. Jamie tried to give it back but Ashley wouldn’t take it back.

On the way home Jamie said “Ashley gave me half of his Christmas and Birthday money and I tried to give it back because it’s his.”

I said “Jamie baby he gave it to you because he love you and it’s to pay you back for being there when you didn’t have to be. There must be a reason behind it and my guess is he wants you to get something nice to wear when he gets to go hone in three days.”

Jamie went shopping that same day for a new dress and shoes for the big day. What I didn’t tell her that he was going to come to the school dance for one dance then they would come home to spend some alone time just the two of them. Well after the one song they walked out with the rest of the kids from the big family.

The Lynn’s had things set up across three back lawns. It looked like three camp sites with tents and three fire pits ready for a campfire. I told the kids that there’s a big surprise for them when we get back home and they will love it. Jamie knew what was going on but kept a tight lip to the rest of her friends. The younger kids knew the big party after the dance would out shine the dance itself. With the new part of the neighborhood opened up with a way to get to the old part.

Jamie walked in to a new store and they thought she was a boy and told her to leave. Jamie said you want me to prove I’m a girl I’ll prove it to you. And right there and then Jamie dropped her skirt and panties exposing herself in front of the lady that told her to leave. The lady was shocked that an eleven year old would do what Jamie did. Jamie was all smiles as the lady said “how can I help you young lady.”

Jamie said “I’d like a dress for a dance this coming weekend to surprise my boyfriend. And I’ll be paying cash for it.”

I said to Jamie “I’m shocked that you did that but proud you made a stand,”

To be continued in Little Boy-Girl the New Girl Mackenzie’s Story

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos