Alex & Chris Chapter 37

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 37. The Sea Witches Daughter

One of the Fay had been listening, “Empress You need small ones like us to get in the house. We can do that task and release our cousins.”

Alexis, “Well we should have a clear run because Poseidon nearly took him out with the overflow.” Sure enough they got into the house and found the missing Mer.

“Please take me with you and our mother will reward you.”

They searched every nook and cranny and found a substantial amount of Gold & Jewels. “That is what he wants us all for. He puts something on us we cannot remove and we are forced to work for him.”

As they were all leaving Alexis said, “I can smell gas.”

The sea witches daughter, “He told me if I ever left this room the whole place would be blown sky high.”

“It looks like I am trapped.”

Alexis, “No but I need to get into super fast mode.”

“You’re a dragon?”

“No time for chit chat hold tight.” They where barley out when there was an explosion and the ground shook and then the building seemed to lift into the air and then collapse into pieces. The captured Mer where transported back to the Manor house.

One of the Mer, “He can still find us with these.” Alexis soon found a small blast of Dragon fire disabled the tags. The last one to be released was the Sea witches daughter.

“Is this a Mer palace because I recognise some here?”

There was a cloud of smoke and the sea witch appeared. “Laura I see your lover Poseidon eventually found you and released you. I cursed him because he refused to marry you my daughter & I insist that whoever released you becomes your partner.”

“Mother you have done Prince Poseidon a great wrong. It was me who did not want him as my partner. It suits me fine to have my rescuer as a partner. In fact I will announce here and now I intend to be united for all eternity with my rescuer.”

For a moment the Sea witch was stunned, “Prince Poseidon I release you and your companions from the wrong I did you. I am not sure how to make it up to you.”

Poseidon, “It was partially my fault as I led you to believe it was me who turned Laura down when it was the other way round.”

The Sea witch looked round, “Empress I do not see a young man that my daughter might find attractive.” The Mer all started to giggle.”
Neptune I demand your Mer shows me some respect.”

“Calm down. Your daughter has always fancied girls and rather pretty ones at that. Her rescuer was female and we all heard you say she had to be married to her rescuer.”

“Even a sea witch has to keep a promise like that.”

“Yes I may not like it but I must accept it although now I will have no Grand children.”

Alexis, “Far from it your daughter will have children to her chosen companion. The companion already has many partners and some of them already have children so in a roundabout way that makes you a grandma.”

Alexis, “Perhaps you need a clue as to your daughters chosen partner.”

Astrid came in with all the children, “Are you our new grandma.”

The sea witch noticed all the bracelets with Neptune on, “Laura you have been teasing me it was Lord Triton himself you chose.”

Triton, “No she has not but if you wish I am sure my partner will share me with you.”

Mother you are not going to turn down Neptune are you?”

“But Neptune all of these are your Grand children.”

“ Correct Sea witch but they are also Draco’s Grand children.”

“Oh My daughter wishes to marry a Dragon Lord then that will be fine. Neptune I will take you up on your offer and become your number two wife. Empress According to protocol I must ask you permission first.”

Alexis said, “In that case as you have freely agree to be his partner. From today sea witch you will help Neptune perform his new duties.”

“What are they?”

Alexis, “Playing and looking after his grand children.”

“Draco why are you laughing now?”

“Sea witch I agree my child should be united with yours. In fact I propose we have a big party to celebrate the union with a dragon child.” This brought more giggles.

Alexis, “Sea witch I promise your child will be treat with respect she is due. If you want a big party then I will give your daughter a big party.”

“Mother I think that is a good idea in fact I would like to invite all the Fay and Mer to the party. I want them all to know who my partner is.”

“Very good I will sort it out.”

“Lord Draco I have a favour to ask will you give my daughter away for me.”

Draco, “Certainly and in fact I would not miss this union for anything. Sorry I cannot keep this up any longer. Although you where told correctly you still are under the misapprehension it is my son your daughtier is being united with. Truth being told Alex once was my son, but as you can see she is now my daughter. Or to be precise our Empress.”

“Ah and all Neptune’s daughters are united with her. Draco this is not what I was expecting but I gave my word and I certainly would not offend you. If she is good enough for her cousins then the Empress will certainly do for my daughter.”

Draco, “As you can see Alexis already has many Dragon partners.”

The sea witch approached Alexis, “Are all Neptune’s grand children yours.”

“Most of them are. I have today received many new partners. Your Brother decreed all maids of the sea where to be my companions with no exceptions. I personally brought out your daughter and the others awaited us. I now need to see all the others and find out exactly who is who.”

The sea witch came and gave Alexis a kiss. It is a good job I was not in water or I would once again be with child.”

“By any chance was the floor wet at the place where my daughter was captive.”

“Oh do not worry she put her arm round my neck and I flew her out.”

“You flew my daughter out?”

“I had to as she was in a bomb.”

“My daughter has made her choice and by now will be expecting.”

“I can honestly tell you Sea witch I have not violated her.”

“Empress you forget who my brother is and we mate in a similar way. In fact my children can go either way with their cousins. I did not expect the Golden one to be the one though. I am happy though I am to be a grand Mother after all. It appears Laura has chosen wisely for herself. Triton you old goat did you say all your daughters had to become companions of the Empress?”

“Well not those exact words but something similar.” All my daughters are companions and some choose before they knew of the decree.”

“Well it appears one more did not know and decided for herself.”

“Oh Yes Laura. I tend to forget the sea witches.”

“Be that as it may they are still your daughters and are bound by your rules.”

Laura “Alexis what mum is saying is I have other sisters who Neptune has ordered to be married to you.”
Alexis, “Uncle Do you not think you provided me with enough companions.”

“I tend to forget about my liaison with the Sea witch. Now though she is one of your permanent companions & by rights her sisters should all follow in her footsteps.”

The Sea witch, “As I am here and it looks like I have a permanent home here. Can somebody explain what a Gaby is? I overheard some of the younger ones talking and you would have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Aunt I will not only tell you but show you as well. Come with me as she will be practising with the team.”

Jenny was putting the team through their paces. At first she did not notice Alexis approach.

“Oh Hello Alexis they have all reduced their timing considerably.

“So Jenny the Bond is what they are all talking about.”

Jenny looked up, “No I am only the trainer what are you doing here?”

Alexis, “You two apparently know each other.”

Jenny, Many times we have gone head to head over the same man. We both had to outdo each other.”

“Well Jenny I can tell you I am back with Neptune himself. Only as no2 wife. At least you did not compete there. What is the world’s ladies champion doing here?”

Alexis, “She is training the future world champions.”

“Yes Jenny I kept a check on you I was interested to see how you turned out. I had an unfair advantage on you that I never let on about. You always thought I was similar age to you when in reality I am considerably older. I genuinely wish your team luck.”

Jenny, “As you are here you might as well meet the team and their protectors.” The sea witches started to sneeze.

Jenny, “Have you got that hay fever again? This is the Team Bond captained by my Daughter Gabriel

“Twins you got twins & all mine where singles.”

“This is Maddy who is vice captain. Mafwney, Katrina & Ally & then Linda & Linze I believe you know their mother and father. Finally we have two of our taller members here today.”

“Yes I have already guessed who their father is.”

A voice said, “Empress do not forget we are here also.”

Alexis , “That is the voice of the team Bond protective Flight. Come out girls your Aunt wants to see you all. Finally the main sponsor of Team Bond & their number one fan Baby.”

Baby, “I know what your Allergy is. Helen could soon cure it and then you will be able to move around freely.”

“Sorry Alexis I have always had an allergy to Hobbits & leprechauns.”

Alexis, “I think it is time we got you a cure. As for your competitive edge do you think you could beat Jenny at cycling?”

“Jenny are you up for a race?”

Jenny looked across at the Sea Witch, “We always did make a good team perhaps we should see just how good you still are.”

Gaby, “Mum if you intend racing then we are going round as well.”

Baby, “Excellent present & future champions all competing together.”

Jenny said, “10 Laps will that do?”

This time they all started together Jenny let the Sea witch takes the lead and then took it off her and then the Sea witch took the position back. Mean while Gaby said, “Ok team time we went into full gear they are tiring out each other.”

As the junior team sailed past the two of them Ally shouted goodbye oldies see you at the finish. The two of them finished jointly & the two of them where arm in arm and laughing.

The sea witch, “So I am an oldie am I.”
Neptune turned up and said, “Neither of you did badly as you both equally shared the lead. Jenny is still recovering from major treatment and you wear out of practise.”

Jenny, “Old friend I think you would benefit from training with us. I had intended to retire due to my health.” “That has been sorted out for me and soon I will once again be back to full strength. “

“Jenny I do not mind training with you and the juniors. I am back with my first love. Linda & Linze looked at each other. Yes girls I am your no 2 mum. This is of more interest to me than being in the nursery. Father has decided to spend his time there. Jenny could you do with an assistant coach to help train out team.”

“The others have not said who their mothers and grandmothers are but I do not need telling. For all around me I see either my brothers or sisters when they were younger. Am I to presume this team has Titan, Dragon, and Mer all working together to ensure the safety of the team?”

Snow, “They are doing a good job.”

“Father I did not realise you where an enthusiast.”

“Gaby here is the Junior British Champion and while in America she put her transatlantic cousins to shame and beat the USA first junior team. I know Gaby preferred not to mention what happened over there. Apparently she got a mention in a local rag that was picked up by the Nationals. What should have been a quiet break for Gaby turned out to be anything but? What did the British Ambassador want with you Gabriel?”

Apparently the race had been televised and because there was a lot of children from very important families taking place buck house were watching the race. Once I start a race that is it and all I focus on. I knew I had to beat the opposition. I had been practising with one of the local cycle clubs and some of their members entered with me but they mainly dropped out. I saw a gap and took it. The rest everybody knows.”

“Not quite Gabriel. Do I have to tell everybody the remainder?”

“Ok well apparently members of British Embassy came looking for me to ask if I would meet up with the daughter of the Ambassador. After thinking it over I asked If I could also bring my School friends who where on exchange with me. This was agreed to. When we got there we were all greeted like heroes. The Ambassador said, "I have a request to make. Gabriel I contacted your parents about this as they also need to give their permission. Each year all the Embassies hold a cycle race for teenagers. My wife has the job of selecting the children from any British nationals residing in America.”

Most other embassies always manage to transfer the parents and children of promising candidates.”

“So you want me to ride. Not exactly I would like you, Maddy, Jules, Cat & Mafwney to all ride. My two daughters will take the last two places. As for bikes I have arranged for them to be Carbon fibre and red white and blue. My daughter assures me they are the most modern and lightest of all bikes. Whilst you are all here we need to see that the bikes are all ok for you and that your team colours.”

Gaby looked at the Bikes and skins, “These are team GB colours.”

“Correct Gaby.”

“John what are you doing here?”

“Ensuring you have the entire backup you need like all the other national teams have.”

“I take it then this is a serious event and that we are expected to represent our country.”

John, “You could say no and nobody would think anything about it we would have to look elsewhere. To be realistic though you are the best chance we will ever have of winning and you will have beaten the best in the world if you accept.”

“When is the race?”

“Two weeks time Gabriel.”

“Sir I know the weakness of all the others but for your daughters. We will all need to practise like mad if we are to stand any chance of winning the event.”

“Gaby for the next two week you and your team members will be staying here in the west wing. I have made arrangements for your team of cheer leaders all to get red white and blue uniforms. The Games mistress apparently had to ask for volunteers to make the numbers up. Your two American friends where the first to volunteer they wanted. To dance with the others. I have to tell you though the German team have a strong contender with Katarina.”

Jules, “Well regardless it would still be team GB if it was team Gaby Bond or team Great Britain.”

Gaby who had only been half listening, “Oh I can beat Katarina. Her mum races in the same team as my mum & we are the best of friends.”

“I can take it that you will represent team GB then. We had to make special arrangements as team GB have appointed a new coach for the junior team.”

“Mum we did not expect to see you here.”

“The embassy has made special arrangements for me to continue with treatment while I am here. Just because three of you are family members does not mean you will get off lightly. What I want you all to do is work as a team and try and bring that cup back to GB.”

For the next two weeks the team did nothing but train, train, train. Gaby, “The ambassador’s daughters are quite good & they sure know their bikes.”

Jenny, “Apparently if you win the team gets to keep the bikes.”

“What about the skins? All the rest is yours to keep regardless of the outcome.” Gaby's mind started doing overtime, “How do we get these home when we win the race. Sorry mum I was thinking aloud.”

“I think we can make special arrangements for these bikes and the others you have already gained while over here.”

The big day arrived and television companies where beaming the race around the world. The BBC reporter was saying.” “For the first time in ten years we stand a very good chance of winning this race.” Team GB is fielding three daughters of the legendary world Champion Jenny Bond. At least one of the daughters has already taken the British title and won the North American title and is the favourite to win this race.”

Jules was not quite as fast as the others but still she managed to stay with the group when they made their break.

The only one who followed through was Katrina. “Hi Gaby I am going to make you work for your win today it looks like it is now just me and you left.”

They both pedalled hard and Katrina, “Go for it my friend I am all washed out.” The place was in uproar as Gaby came over the finish line. Gaby’s cheer leaders had been saying “Go Gaby go.”

The announcer, “First place goes to team Gaby Bond. Sorry I should have said Gaby Bond of team GB.” The cheerleaders picked up on his mistake and started shouting Come on Team Gaby Bond we want second & third as well.” Maddy was next over the line followed By Katrina. The rest of the team took all the places to eight, which was Jules.

Jules, “Mum I did better than I ever expected coming in eighth.”

Gaby, “I am going to have to watch both you and Maddy.”

The US president George Bush made the presentations. “Well done young lady. I can see you are taking after your famous mother Jenny Bond & apparently your friends have all been entertaining us while you raced. This race started out as an Embassy competition but over the years each Embassy has arranged for the best young Cyclist in their country to be here this week all apart from the UK. You caused quite a stir when you took the American championship.”

“When it was discovered you where British & on an exchange visit. This opened it up to the Ambassador to ask you to represent your country. As this year we have the top cyclists from all the countries here I have no hesitation in making you the first under 21 world champion.”

Gaby introduced all the members of team Bond to the president and then said, “Katrina represented her country Germany today but normally when we ride we ride as a team.”

“So Katarina you also are part of Team Bond & Today you became the third best in the world.”

Gaby, “I suppose we will have to arrange for an exchange visit next year for me to try and retain my title. I suppose I am a bit like mum with cycling.”

The British ambassador Sir Mark Spencer, “Gaby how would you feel about coming back for a month next year and entering several competitions?”

“I will have to check with my mum who arranges all my bookings but sure I would like to.”

“Katrina as a German you can not be in the British team but you can be my guest and enter all the races but one as team Gaby Bond.”

The German ambassador came over, “Mr President we take it as an honour you ask our Katrina. It is no shame on us when she is beaten by Jenny Bonds Daughters as many of us wished she was in our national side. Our Katrina tells me she has raced Gaby in Bavaria & Gaby won. I knew nothing of this so I have an invitation. The invitation is for all the Team Bond and that includes Katarina & all their dancers to stay at the King Ludwig hotel and participate in the week long cycle events.”

Gaby Looked at the German Ambassador, “May I ask who is sponsoring the event?”

“The event is sponsored by the Bavarian people. “The bikes for all competitors will be provided by our Major cycle manufacturer Apollonaris. So will team Gaby Bond all accept my invitation?”

Jules looked, “Actually I wanted to take part but during that week I am supposed to be participating in the Badminton finals in Munich.”

“Good, Good. This is better than I expected. Claus my son is taking part so you can go with him.”

Jules looked at the others, “If the timings do not clash I will still ride with the team even if I come last.”

Gaby & Maddy, “We can bring the cheer leader to support you.”

Snow turned to Jenny, “Now you are fully recovered what do you intend to do?”
Jenny, “To be honest I would like to defend my title. I have promised Gaby I would be their coach.”

John, “As for coaching team GB they would rather have you as Captain. Especially as we have some up and coming stars in the team.”

Snow turned to Carol, “It looks like you will continue to be mother at home to all three girls. As Jenny can continue with her career. Now you my daughter what to do with you. Take Jenny’s & Carol’s hands. For as long as I can remember you and Jenny had tried to outdo each other. I want you to take over the running of the junior team and give them all the encouragement you can.”

“With this in mind I think you three should all look like each other. If anybody takes picture now it will always be of mother and daughters.”

Gaby looked, “I can still tell who is who. “They all have different bracelets.”

Jenny, “A while back somebody said, “We all should do what we do best. My best is my cycling, Carols is being a mother. Agatha always was good at arranging things. This though does not mean I will delegate my responsibility as a mother only sharing it a little with others who I know can do a good job.”

“Gaby, Maddy & Jules I will be actually seeing more of you all. As John told you, you are all now part of team GB in this case Great Britain & United Kingdom. Gaby while you may be captain of the junior team I am responsible for all teams. So we will all be entering those events suitable. The Apollonaris team have approached me about signing up you and Maddy. I said you are both too young to go professional yet. I also told them you already have a good sponsorship deal with Briggs & a certain sportswear manufacturer. Shortly after this Briggs got a visitor. Apollonaris wanted to buy Briggs out. At first your friend refused and Apollonaris came back with a larger offer.”

“Eventually the MD of Apollo arrived at the shop. He told your friend he wanted to ensure he had Gaby and Maddy on his bikes. He promised that Briggs bikes would continue to be hand crafted for the next ten years. The amount he offered your friend was a sum she could not refuse. She decided she would come over here and ensure the bikes you rode always where up to scratch.”

“So I take it that we have some of the last personal hand crafted Briggs bikes.”

“Yes but you have me to maintain them along with your new lightweight carbon fibre bikes. Apollonaris said nothing about you not riding them. They only want to ensure you are riding their bikes in all the races you do.” “What you ride at other times is up to you.”

Gaby, “Dianne I do rather a lot of mountain bike racing and Apollonaris Racing bikes would not be suitable.”

“Your mother has already discussed this with Apollonaris and they will supply the team with lightweight mountain bikes as well as the racing bikes.”

“What they cannot produce is a Tandem and I am allowed to build it and then send it to them to put on the team colours. Likewise any special machines or adaptations will be made by me but painted by Apollonaris.”

Jenny, “Gaby they have gone to considerable expense to ensure you ride their bikes and under their colours. They know that you all are still amateurs but want to ensure you have a good start.”

For a moment Gaby and the others all appeared to be staring into space.

Jenny said, “Are you ok Gaby,”

“Yes I was just having some silly thoughts, for a moment I thought I was a boy and Aunt Agatha was a witch. It was totally ridiculous.”

Alexis looked at Snow, “Just what is going on?”

Snow, “Oh nothing Major just a slight shift in reality for the team for a little while. Agatha you may be my daughter but you always where more like a sister to Jenny so that is what you have become while Carol still stays as she was. Agatha after this conversation you will forget who you where and what you did and concentrate on bringing the team up to scratch. For the moment you will forget about your Liaison with Triton and will set about the task with gusto. Likewise Jenny & Carol you both shall forget what has gone before.” “Carol all three girls will still refer to you as mum and also Jenny.”

Jenny, “Girls I have some great news for you?” “My twin Agatha has agreed to manage you all and sort out the bookings and which races to enter. The first major event will be in Bavaria & we have been invited to enter by the Bavarian Prime minister. Jules I realised it may clash with your Badminton competition so arrangements have been put in place.”

“Great Mum perhaps I will get to play with Clause again. He is so dreamy.”

“Jules you will have plenty of time for boys later. Yes you have been teamed up with Clause in the mixed doubles. Apparently he asked for you. Your liaison with Clause is causing quite a stir in Bavaria.”

“Why should people be bothered why I am a friend with Clause?”

Alexis replied, “It is not because you are Jennies daughter but rather who Clause is the son of. Although Bavaria is part of Germany they still call themselves the Kingdom of Bavaria.”

“Oh I get it like England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland.”

“In many people’s eyes Clause is the crown prince of Bavaria. If he chooses you as is expected the Bavarian people would be happy he choose a sporting princess. You after all are the Daughter of the world champion & Sister to the junior world champion. They admire you for entering with the family team. The Bavarian people already consider they got Third and Eighth in the embassy race.”

Jules eyes opened, “But Clause is the son of the German Ambassador to America.”

Agatha , “I was not there in America with you but I happen to know King Siegfried of Bavaria & he does have a son called Clause who is tennis & Badminton mad. He has also asked his father who is mad on cycling if he can propose to the love of his life.”

Jules face went red and then, “Aunt Agatha you are teasing me.”

Gaby, “If she is not then I will have a queen for a sister eventually & you will have to learn to speak German.”

Jules, “Well just in case he does want to propose to me I will tell him I do not want to get married until I am 21. We can become engaged if that is what he wishes.”

“Do you know who owns the company who sponsors your mother?”

“Yes the team is Apollonaris.”

“No Gaby that is the company and it is entirely owned by Siegfried of Bavaria. When he saw the link of your race against some of the top riders he was impressed. He went to America & introduced himself as the Ambassador. That was who you met and agreed to go and stay with. He has also a rather athletic sister and niece who you have already met. Katrina or Kat as you call her. He was pleased you wanted Kat in team Gaby Bond.”

Gaby, “Now I understand why we have to have so much security. It is because of my sister & Princess Kat.”

Kat was laughing away. “I watched your race with uncle Siegfried he was very impressed with you and when I mentioned you had already ridden with team members including mum. While this had been the first year Uncle had sponsored a ladies team he had never thought about children and he decided you just where too good not to sponsor.”

Gaby, “I was scared but then I saw a lad who was bragging that he would win easy so I just had to prove him wrong. I was a little bit short on my normal cheerleading team but some of the Americans made up for that. The games mistress got quite a shock when they all went into their go Gaby Go routine.

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos