Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 48

Printer-friendly version


Drew and the Half Term Break
By Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 48 Davina

Davina was asked to go and see Gaby. She was rather nervous as to why Gaby would want to see her. Rather timidly she knocked on the door and entered the room.

Gaby, “Ah Davina I just wanted to see how you were doing since your transformation. Normally the Tiny’s are not allowed to consort with males however in your case it was allowed. By now you will have realised that none here are normal. I also have some documents I would like you to see from the archaeological units at York, Bradford and Sheffield universities. As you are the newest tiny I would like you to accompany me to America. There we go to see the State funeral of the Late American President Obama.”

Davina read the notes from the three Universities. “Wow beside the standard I found all their tests agree that what was found was the grave of the missing legion. The carbon 14 tests done on some of the bone fragments and ash agree. I am surprised they managed to also get Dendro and thermo luminescence tests to agree. All the bone fragments have been sifted out and are being returned to York Minster. My old mentor Dr Payne of Sheffield also wishes me to lead the teams on the mountain as they look for other ancient burials.”

Davina started to cry. Somebody came and picked her up. “Davina why are you crying when this should be a happy moment for you?”

“I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy that my discovery is recognised. I am sad that I am offered a task that now I can no longer do.”

Gaby shook her head, “Davina I do not expect you or any tiny to go up Mount Sharphaw on your own. Micro tiny's such as you tire very quickly so they need a helper. I had wondered just who to appoint to look after you. Initially she was contracted to write my life story. Davina meet Maddy Bell who will carry you and feed you. To all intents and purposes you will be her baby. Maddy I take it that you will accept this additional duty?”

Maddy, “Gaby there was several of us who wanted to be mother to Davina. We are all on the archaeological team you appointed Davina to head. So would you mind if we all share the duty?”

Gaby, “Davina it appears several of my ladies wish to claim you. As that is the case they can all take it in turns to care for you. Maddy as you have hold of Davina we had better go to the Maglev departure point. I understand the Fae builders have extended it across the Irish Sea to the Isle of Man and Ireland and from there under the Atlantic to America.”

Davina was amazed as the train set off slowly and she could see they appeared to be in a glass tunnel that ran through the countryside. Then the tunnel went into the Irish Sea. It was similar to walking through the tunnel at the Deep in Hull. As they got into the Atlantic Davina noticed the sea floor was littered with lots of steel ships that were the remains of convoys from the two world wars.

Gaby, “I agree Davina they do look a mess. I suppose I better have them recovered if only for salvage.”

There was quite a boom as the train emerged back onto land. The train started to slow down. Then it came to a halt. A cavalcade of cars was waiting for them. Davina also noticed all on the train were wearing black.

In America there had not been such a large state funeral since the assassination of JFK in November 1963. The funeral service was to be held at the Washington National Cathedral with interment at the Arlington National Cemetery. Representatives from almost every country turned up for the funeral service. Not all the representatives went on to the National Cemetery. Had they done so they would have seen what looked like children dressed as soldiers guarding the grave? They all carried miniature rifles. As the coffins were laid to rest the smallest soldier gave an order and a volley of shots was fired over the grave of the late President. Then after a good look round it was back on the Maglev Train for home. On the train Davina wanted to go to the toilet so Maddy let her go on her own.

Gaby. “Maddy I presume you realise she has gone looking for the other Tiny’s. She will be safe enough Aunty is there with all the others.”

Davina went wandering down the trains carriages until she heard a voice say, “Davina you have found us at last.”
Davina ran to hug Tiny. “I thought it was you. Who are all these?”

Tiny, “All off these are our tiny sisters and cousins. You like me are a micro tiny. Today you have been doing what is normally my job of looking after Gaby. She is ok on the train although a pixie is still with her. At least one of the Golden pixies is always with her. As are the Tiny’s. Everybody this is Davina my sister. Today she has been on Gaby duty.”

One by one they came and gave their names to Davina. Baby looked at Davina still in her black dress. “We had better change that for a uniform like ours.” There was a flash from the hand of Baby and Davina found she was in the uniform of a tiny general like Baby, Tiny, Wee Wee, Wee and Tiniest.

Davina, “Apparently I have been appointed to oversee the archaeological dig on Mount Sharphaw. Do I need to ask for helpers?”

Isis, “Davina most of these would be there to help you. As I and the
Archaeological unit will be. Who did Gaby appoint to be your helper?”

Davina, “Well initially it was Maddy. She though asked if she could share the responsibility with Aunty, Barbara, Helen, Amanda and some others.”

Isis scooped Davina up. “Well young lady I am known to this lot as Aunty. So I have to share responsibility for you with all the senior Archaeological team. Are you very thirsty?”

Davina nodded her head. “Well we had better feed you. Micro Tiny’s can only have one thing and it looks like I am to provide you with sustenance.” With that Isis put Davina to her breasts. As she fed Davina dropped off to sleep. Maddy came along the carriages looking for Davina only to find out she was fast asleep in Isis’s arms.

Maddy, “I see you have all ready started your new duties Isis.” This brought a lot of laughter from the remaining tiny’s.

Aunty, “I suppose you have not let on to her who you once happened to be. Why did you volunteer me and the others for tiny duty?”

Maddy, “You seem to forget that while you may be an Egyptian Goddess. You still need the skills of the micro tiny’s to regenerate and get younger. I also know about certain Arabic Princes who are part of your stud. At least if you are feeding Davina you cannot get pregnant. I also happened to hear you Amanda & Helen all saying about you wished that you had a personal Tiny like Gaby has with Tiny & Baby & Constance has with Wee Wee. Come to think about it even Justine has two although they never leave her. Apparently they are terrified of these Tiny’s. Well so you did not get disappointed I thought I would share my luck with my friends.”

Wee & Tiniest put their hands up. “Mummy Maddy feed us. Davina stole our feed.”

Maddy, “Ok you two. Those micro Tiny’s not already designated a fulltime carer will be looked after by me and the senior ladies of the Archaeological team.” Tiny and Baby slapped their hands together. Then they started to laugh.

“Sorry Maddy we were testing you. Tiny said any of you ladies would be our carers and we could not decide on who should be our mums and so once Davina appeared we agreed to share you and the others.”

A voice pipes up. “I want to know what happened to the ships that were here on the way out they have all vanished.”

“Davina”

“Yes I enjoyed that. Maddy I do know who you once were as the Tiny network informed me when they created me. Apparently I can do all they can. Gaby would have us all. Even she would find it difficult trying to carry so many at once. Now can somebody explain what has happened to those ships or are we coming back a different way?”

Maddy, “I presume after you spotted the ships Gaby had somebody come and recover them. In all probability they are already at the Teeside reclamation centre. That is where wrecked ships usually end up. Some are taken to bits and the steel and other metals reused. Others are restored and end up in one of the museums around the world.”

Davina, “Oh when I was David I was saving up to go to the Great Lakes and dive on the wreck of a paddle steamer. On it are two old steam trains. Is there somebody back at the castle called Sid or Sidney as I keep getting him and somebody called Sappy talking about wanting to look at the National Railway Museum.”

Aunty, “Sidonie and Saphira are two of our Mermaid team. So you also like to swim and dive like they do. Saphira is the one mad about trains. As you have asked I think we can get a trip to York before the coronation.”

Davina, “I appear to be getting a yes, yes, yes, in my head and a message of thank you and we will help you recover the paddle steamer and Engines.”

Before long the train was leaving the Irish Sea. Davina could again see the land of home. There was a boom as the engine left the Sea and pulled into Blackpool South Station. There coaches were waiting to take them to the Pleasure Beach.

At the Pleasure Beach there were signs saying closed for private function. Yet Davina could clearly see the place was packed out with mainly girls. Waiting at the entrance were two girls.

“Hi Aunty we have come for Davina to show her around the Pleasure Beach. Davina we are Sidonie & Saphira we wanted to thank you for getting us a trip to York.”

With that Davina went with her two new friends. A short time later at the entrance a young tall African girl pushing a double buggy appeared at the entrance. The security man was shaking his head and informing the young woman she could not go in as the place was closed for a private function.

Berto the pigmy was playing with Lyris when he spotted the young woman going to walk away in tears. He ran up holding his arm up and shouting “Mummy, Mummy, Princess Mummy.”

The security man smiled and said, “I believe your entry pass is here.”

As Berto shouted he was scooped up by the young woman. Rombald who had been talking to Isolde the cat Queen looked at the young woman.

“I am Lord Rombald now who might you be?”

“I am Zara the niece of the Zulu king. I came across here looking for my father he vanished soon after I was born. He was called Gloag and I believe you are my uncle if you also have a brother called Rumbletum. I came here with the daughters of Rumbletum. Alas I got separated from them shortly after they met a girl called Inga. I had intended to go home but I cannot now do that because I am cursed. Look at my daughters. Now look when I lift the covers back what they have got.”

As she lifted the covers back Rombald could see both girls had tails like fishes and no legs. Rombald smiled.

“Lyris can you take the babies to Lindi and Pegi. Inform them Rombald says the babies need a good feed as does their mother. I am going to take the mother to the refreshment area as I am hungry. Berto once my new daughter has eaten you can have a feed. Now you say you are looking for Gloag. Well Rumbletum and I have taken over his responsibility. You will be the second Zulu Princess to join the Giant section. Your late father is no longer with us.”

Penny appeared, “Hi my cousins say sorry for loosing you. They wanted to show you off to Dad and Uncle Rumbletum.”

“Hi cousin Penny. I am Zara Zulu Princess. Uncle Rombald is taking me as his daughter. I suppose my other cousins let on I am cursed. My babies have fish tails. I am not even sure how I got pregnant as I never went with any man. The nearest I got was on the beach in Scarborough when a young man gave me a kiss when he saw me looking depressed.”

Rombald, “Penny can you round up your cousins & sisters inform them they have to come and you better ask Ariel and all her sisters to come to the canteen. Meanwhile I will be getting some food into Zara.”

Zara was to find a massive meal laid in front of her and Rombald. “Come on Zara you need plenty of energy after having those two bambinos.”

Zara had just finished what was laid in front of her when Berto started to suckle from her. Isolde the cat Queen shook her head. “Zara he will regret doing that soon. Normally he would only suckle from me. Mermaids and Giants have a strange effect on the tinys and pigmys. He will be Zipping all over the place before he tires out and then I will feed him.”

Neptune appeared with his wives. “ Hello I have come with my wives looking for the mother of these two.” Two little girls wearing silver blue and green swimming costumes ran across to Zara.

“Mummy, Mummy, Mummy look what we have got.” Zara was most surprised to see them running towards her. Zara then noticed Rombald laughing and looked at the pile of plates at the side of her.

“Please Uncles tell me I have not just made a pig of myself and eaten all the food on those plates?”

The two ladies with Rombald and Rumbletum spoke, “Zara our husbands seem to forget just how much we ate after we had our children. They complained all the time. You are Gloags daughter and are therefore part Giant and part Zulu. Just as your daughters appear to be part mermaid. We will see all your uncles take their responsibilities as serious as these two. As your mother was Gloats partner it also falls on our husbands to see she is brought over here to live with us. We also must find you a suitable mate like we did for your cousin. Your Uncle John is somewhere in here. He was talking to Ursula the last time I saw him.”

Zara then looked at the man with the other ladies who had appeared with her daughters. “Excuss me sir but are you also an uncle of mine like these two are?”

Pegi, “I presume you are the mother of these two? As you have claimed these two as Uncles then my husband must also be your uncle, as unfortunately these are two of his brothers.”

Neptune smiled, “Zara once your daughters had a good feed their legs appeared. I have given both of my granddaughters a present so all know they come under my protection. Now as their mother I must treat you as my daughter.”

Lindi, “Zara your daughters told us your name and that you came over here looking for your father. Alas he is no more however all his brothers insist you are classed as their daughter.”

Neptune, “My brother Rombald you did the correct thing sending the girls to my wives. It is only when the mother has insufficient food mermaids get stuck as these two where. Zara most female giants need lots of food after giving birth. I presume as you are part human you thought you only needed to eat a little like most girls do.”

As Zara replied another group appeared. “Uncle Neptune I set off on a quest to find my father. Instead I found a whole family I never knew about. My cousins recognised me for what I am and brought me here to meet their fathers. I thought I had been cursed when the babies appeared and then had tails. As to eating there is no way I could have afforded to eat all those plates of food. I was struggling with my funds before the babies appeared. I had wondered about going to Uncle John for help. He though would have informed mother I was cursed.”

Uncle John, “Zara you are not cursed but blessed. Neptune’s son is no more however you have brought Neptune two more granddaughters and that will please him greatly. I will insist your mother comes over here. You and she will live with your Giant cousins. Rombald my friend it appears we both are Zara’s uncles and as such we must find her a suitable mate. It falls on all her uncle’s from both sides to sort out a suitable dowry. Now though her Majesty is coming with the most fearsome of her army.”

The Army appeared to be led by a small girl on a white pony. Berto. “Zara please hold me so I do not go zip, zip all over the place. This is the Tiny and Pigmy army we are all small people. Gaby is our queen and we along with the pixies provide permanent protection.”

Gaby, “Zara welcome. I am Gaby to my friends. Neptune and the other men you may go to the Valhalla ride and there discuss a suitable dowry with all your brothers.”

Zara bent down and scooped up Tiniest. “My little friend here informs me you are a micro tiny and need the help of taller people like me. I have enjoyed having Berto. He though informs me he must return to his mummy Isolde although I might be allowed to borrow him again in the future. If I am allowed to stay here I would like you to be my Tiny. Queen Isolde thank you for the loan of your baby.”

Tiniest looked across to Gaby for guidance. Gaby, “Tiniest you will always be one of my tiny’s. However Zara has just asked you to be her permanent baby.”

Two little mermaids. “Please agree and we will push you round and tell everybody you are our baby sister.”

Tiniest, “Berto also needs pushing around.”

“In that case we will also push Berto about and say he is our baby brother.”

Queen Isolde looked across at Berto. “Berto you will always be my baby. However I also heard you call Zara Princess Mummy. I am sure my daughters will help Zara with you and Tiniest.

Whilst the Family was having a day at the pleasure beach in Blackpool. Alterations where being completed at the Royal York Hotel it had now become the Royal York Palace. This was to be where Queen Gaby was to set off for the Great Minster of Peter on her coronation day. All around the city preparations were being made for coronation. In the grounds of the Royal York the tomb of the Emperor Constansius had been restored on its original site.

Back in Blackpool Draco was waiting for his brothers at the Valhalla ride. “Hi I thought I better remind you all that regardless of which side we come from we are all Zara’s uncles and so all share the cost of her wedding to Queen Gaby. Also I have no intention of those little daughters of mine catching me fighting. Instead we will behave with the utmost decorum and go on as many rides as we can. Neptune as this is the first water ride would you like to take the front seat as it gets the wettest? ”

Gaby burst out laughing. “Draco has persuaded his brothers not to fight but go on the water rides. Neptune will for one get soaked. Now Zara you will become my second Zulu companion and be united with Penny and your Giant cousins. Now a word to the wise my smallest companions are also the most deadly. Ask Penny?”

Penny started to blush. “My sisters and I were supposed to guard a Royal Palace. We fell asleep on the job and slept for over 1000 years. I was awakened when the small ones found me and rolled me down the hillside into a tarn.”

Zara was trying not to laugh. “I bet the cold water of the tarn woke you up?”

Inga, “It woke us up it was like the roar of a great bull. Gaby if you do not mind all the Junior Giantesses will help cousin Zara look after Berto and Tiniest.”

Davina turned up in the arms of Maddy. “Wee you had better come and join the Goddess team. Those two have to look after the Giants.”

Gaby was thinking about the F emblazoned on Bradley’s arm. She called for Fortuna to ask if it was anything to do with her.

“Sorry your majesty I branded some and others I did not manage to do. I though have found several recently and branded them. I checked out the information I recently received on the day Davina was discovered and have brought into the fold more of my children and grandchildren. I also have been helping Lord Draco Diablo with the wedding preparation of his adopted daughter. Draco appeared to be keen I was involved.”

Gaby, “Fortuna it appears Lord Draco has not informed you Bradley bears the F brand on his arm. I presume you put it there for he informed me it has never faded or gone away. His mother also bears the mark and she informed me an elderly relative was responsible for both their marks.”

“Now to other things I wish to know how my coronation arrangements are going as everybody is keeping quiet about them?”

Fortuna, “Your Majesty my lips are also sealed on that subject. If I could tell you I would. However as I am sure you know the Tinys’ are ensuring nothing leaks out on that subject.”

Fortuna started to grin. “If Bradley has an F branding on his arm it was not me but one of my sisters. I presume you have heard of my twin Fortunet. We share the same branding kit. I put mine on the wrist and my sister hers on the arm. That way we differentiate who is who’s children. Where is my twin? For she went missing some time ago.”

Later the same day Gaby had gone across to Veladrome in Manchester. there she spotted both Bradley and his mother. “Hi I was wnting a word with both of you. The other day you said you had an F on your arm. Was it done by a lady called Fortunet?” The two of them nodded their heads. As they nodded their heads a middle aged female walked up.

“Now who might you be that is asking over Fortunet?”

Bradley cringed, “Granny this is Her Majesty Gaby of Northumbria.”

“Bradley I am not that senile. This young lady is far more than a queen. The golden pixie popping her head out of the queens bra is a giveaway. If pixies are involved then your friend has already met my sister Lucy.”

Gaby grinned, “Fortunet I have already met Lucy along with Fortuna who was recently found. You it appear can have male children & Grand children who do not transform to female. Alas my line all become Female regardless of what we wish. Lucy has protected me for some time and has brought her style of vengeance on those who harm me or my Tiny’s.”

Tiny “You spotted the pixie but missed me. Gaby goes nowhere without at least two of us. We have been having fun with your sister Fortuna. Bradley stop opening and shutting your mouth like a goldfish. I presume you have just realised I am related to you. Great Grandpa Draco is your Great Grannies brother and so we are cousins. The Tinys will still support you and Gaby in the races that are to come.”

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos