Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 50

Printer-friendly version


Drew and the Half Term Break
By Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 50 Off to Isle of Man

Drew awoke with a start. He looked round and then realised he was back in his old bedroom back in Warsop and he was Drew again. Still half asleep he tumbled down the stairs and went and sat down in the kitchen. Only after a breakfast of Orange juice and waffles covered in honey did Drew fully awake.

Dave Bond looked at his youngest child and thought each time I see you Drew you get to look more like your mother when she was a teenager. “Drew have you forgotten already that we are off to the Isle of Man for two weeks vacation?”

“Na Dad Jules packed my case for me last night. She always does a better job than me. I though did have a weird dream that started out in Scarborough with me joining Appolonaris team.”

Dave looked across at Jenny but did not say anything. “Drew hurry up with your shower as the taxi will soon be here to take us to Sheffield Midland Station.”

Drew quickly took his shower and while still drying himself went back to his bed room. There he noticed what Jules had laid on the bed for him to wear. He looked in his wardrobe and all his clothing had vanished.

Dave shouted up the stairs, “Drew the taxi is here so hurry up.”

Jules appeared as Drew was fastening his pale blue Bra. “Come on Bro its not as if you have not worn a dress before. I packed all your other stuff and Mum would not let me open the case again to get you some thing different out.”

Drew quickly put on the dress and Jules helped him put on a bit of make up. The two of them shot down the stairs and into the waiting taxi. Dave double locked the door and then they were off. Dave had to hold his tongue when he saw what Drew was wearing. Jenny on the other hand had a great big smirk across her face.

The taxi driver soon had the family at Sheffield Midland Station. Waiting for them was Granny Peters and the Peters family. Drew gave Maddy a hug then the train to Leeds came in and they boarded it. The ticket inspector came round. “Sir there is no need to change at Leeds as this train now goes all the way to the Port of Heysham.”

The families settled down for the train journey to the Port. A steward came round selling refreshments Drew got some money out and bought a coke. Then he settled down to read his latest copy of the Cyclist News. There was a picture of his mother receiving an award in Germany. Also in the picture according to the paper was her youngest daughter who was also a champion in her own right.

All too soon the train was passing from Yorkshire into Lancashire. Dave looked at his watch. “Just a stop now at Lancaster and then it is the Ferry. Time for us all to take sea sickness pills.”

As the train pulled into Heysham Drew noticed the Nuclear power station. The ship was already waiting for them at the dockside it was called the Lady of the Isle. The family had tickets for the slow ferry that took just over four hours to do the crossing of the Irish Sea. As the Ship left the harbour Drew went to explore the Lady of the Isle. As Drew wandered round the ship he spotted two teenage boys setting on to a little man. He shouted at them to stop what they were doing.

They looked at him. “You and whose army is going to stop us?” The two boys turned their attention on to Drew. As they made to attack Drew they found themselves thrown to the other side of the room. Again they tried to attack Drew and the same thing happened. On their third attempt they both ran off crying.

The little man who had been the object of their attention held out his hand. “I am Liam brother to Shamus and Tam now who might you be? For that was the best bit of defensive magic I have seen in a long time.”

“Well Liam I am Drew Bond sometimes I also get Gaby.” As Gaby was speaking the area filled up with lots of children with bright red hair.

“Daddy we followed those boys and they fled to an elderly lady who is currently making their bottoms as red as our hair.”

Gaby, “Wow you have a lot of children are you all going on vacation like me?”

One of the children pushed a wheelchair to Gaby. Seated in it was a blind and frail old lady. “Please may I feel your face? As to your question we are not on vacation but are returning for an important family gathering.”

Drew thought back to his weird dream and almost automatically kiss the old lady and put his hands over her eyes. “Will you be mine forever?”

As Drew kissed the old lady powerful magic flowed into her and for the first time in years her eyes opened. Then her hair became the same bright red as all the children’s. The old lady then did a curtsy.

“Mistress Thank you for restoring my sight and vigour.” As the elderly ladies sight was restored she looked at Gaby. “I thought Oberon had found my lady. Now I realise why he summons us all back to the Isle. Those eyes I would recognise anywhere for they are the same as my lady. You must be of her family.”

As Gaby watched the elderly lady blew a whistle and all the red haired children went into lines. Even Liam joined one of the lines. Granny Peters entered the room as all the children lined up. She looked at Gaby and then at the lines. “So my granddaughter holds her first court as a true queen of the Fae.”

Drew, “Granny all my little friends lined up when this lady blew her whistle.” Granny Peters looked at the lady and then smiled.

“Drew by any chance have you helped this lady or any of the others?”

Liam stepped forward, “The young mistress saved me from getting a beating and then she restored my mother to me. In addition she asked mother and hers to be hers forever. She even performed great defensive magic to save me and herself.”

Granny Peters, “So I was correct Drew you have just made more Leprechauns your personal companions than any Queen in history even my mother and aunt could ever only cope with three. You by comparison have an army of them and you still have not come fully on line.”

Drew thought for a moment. “Granny those dreams I recently had, they were to prepare me for this moment? The dreams are coming true. Am I also Queen of Northumbria like I was in my dream?”

“Drew I did not expect to see you in that dress so quickly. I thought we might have to trick you into wearing it. Your dreams are a guide to what might happen.”

“Jools put the dress out for me and as you know I am always at the last minute and everything else was already in the taxi.”

The red haired Lady. “We came to the call Oberon put out, as did others. We did not realise Her Majesty was on board this ship. Who is providing the Royal Protection for it was not given to the Leprechaun Army?”

Granny Peters looked around, “You might well ask for I was wondering the same thing. For I never let on to Drew about his heritage.”

Bluebell fluttered down, “Hi Lady Justine has been providing the protection for some time. I pity that Meadows chap when she catches hold of him. I or my sisters were detailed to watch and report by father.”

As Bluebell spoke some other creatures came from under the chairs and almost every crevice they could find.

Gaby looked at the very dirty creatures. “I presume you are all fire pixies. Do any of you know of pixie sisters called Petal and Sepal? Also am I to presume you all have been helping your Grandma Justine out?”

One very grubby pixie stepped forward. “Most of them do not understand the question. They like to play in hot ashes and that is where Justine found us. Petal and Sepal are our mothers. Justine asked fire pixies to guard you and call for her if additional help was required.”

The red haired lady, “Please mistress may I borrow some of your magic so that all of these fire pixies can look respectable and then they can come with us to Oberon’s palace while you go to your hotel in Douglas.”

As the old lady took hold of Gabys hand blue flames got discharged. Soon every pixie was clean and in freshly laundered clothing.

Gaby, “So that part of my dream was correct you are all Golden pixies and not just fire pixies.”

Granny Peters, “Drew we had better go outside as the ship is about to dock.”

Gaby brought out her digital camera and took lots of photographs of the Lemon squeezer and the harbour of Douglas. A fleet of coaches was waiting to take the guests to their hotels. However every coach did not drive directly into town but towards the Fairy Bridge on the A5. There the driver asked everybody to get out of the coach and say hello to the fairies. Most of the group followed the driver and went to the opposite side of the coach. Drew though sat down on the wall. A young boy came and sat with him. What the majority of the passengers did not see was all the little people climb out of the luggage compartments and scramble down the embankment into the fairy gorge.

“Every coach comes this way so nobody is missed by the little people. It also provides a great transport system for us.”

Drew “Yes I know as I read up on the fairy glen before we set off for the Isle of Man. I presume you are Fae?”

Vespasian, “Yes that is one of my sisters calling for me. Tinkerbell is going to be very annoyed with me.”

Drew, “I doubt it very much as all you have to say is you have been keeping Gaby Company.”

Tinkerbelle, “Father has received the shipments your majesty sent. Now Vespasian it is time for you to let her majesty continue on her journey to Douglas. Father hopes your rooms in the Sefton Hotel are satisfactory. If not you are to inform the manager that Oberon says you have to have the very best.”

Granny Peters came round from the other side of the coach. “Ha Drew I thought you might be saying goodbye to your little friends. Tinkerbell give your father my regards and will you inform him Drew has already a Leprechaun Army and a Golden Pixie one. Gaby accepted them all on the Lady of the Isles. I also saw the dragon fire transmitted through Andorra my former nurse. Come Drew the others are waiting for us.”

Tinkerbelle, “Yes we all know Andora is full of energy. The dragon fire will take some time for her to burn off.”

As they boarded the driver asked, “Well did anybody see the little people?”

Drew, “Yes I did. I talked to Vespasian and Tinkerbelle.”

Driver, “You must be very special as not many people get to talk to the little people.”

Maddy, “Drew did you have to say that. They will all think you are nuts.”

Drew, “Maddy I just spoke the truth. My future is already mapped out for me and it is totally different to what I expected. Granny Peter’s already knows that I spoke with them and the others.”

Maddy felt something pinch her she look down and saw an angry golden pixie. “Nobody calls our queen a liar even if she is the queen’s sister.”
Maddy's mouth started to open and shut like a goldfish.

Gaby, “I thought all pixies had gone with the Leprechauns at the fairy bridge.”

“All gone but for me and Bluebell. Pixies promised Justine we would guard you. Soon I will get more help. Pixies coming from every direction. Granny leprechaun Andorra made sure all know Queen Gaby has already got a pixie and leprechaun army to protect her.”

Maddy, “Drew the dreams you told me about are coming true. I presume you are Queen Gaby to this pixie?”

Drew thought for a moment. “Maddy I am not a Queen if the dreams are to be believed but a queen of queens.”

The coach pulled up in front of the Sefton Hotel that was on the sea front in Douglas. Everybody for that hotel got out and the bell boys took the luggage indoors. Gaby smiled when she saw the manager had bright red hair. “Hi I am Gaby I am here for the keys for the Bond and Peters families please. Oberon informed me to say instruct the manager I and my family have to have the very best rooms or he will not be pleased.”

“Yes mistress Endora informed us just before you got here and she is making sure all is perfect for Empress Gaby. She also is happy you restored her sister Andorra. Oberon is pulling his hair out having so many young leprechauns’ around. Andorra on the other hand is happy to have so many babies to deal with.”

The bellboy escorted the families to their rooms. Gaby noticed he had pointed ears but blond hair instead of the red hair of the manager. Gaby, “I presume you changed the colour of your hair?”

“No my sisters thought it was a big joke to put something in my shampoo and hey presto Paddy is blond.”

They entered the rooms. Endora was waiting for Gaby in the bedroom. Gaby, “Hello I presume you must be Endora the fiancé of Shamus. This young boy was informing me his sisters are practical joker's and they put dye in his shampoo so now he is blond.”

“Yes mistress I told them off for that. However it might be a good idea to give all your leprechauns’ blond hair.”

Gaby, “I presume you like your sister Andorra also wish to borrow some dragon fire from me.” A very eager Endora nodded her head and took hold of Gaby’s hand. As she did so the years dropped off and she became young again. The blue flame left Endora's hand and searched out its targets. Even Oberon’s wife was not immune for she was the daughter of Endora.

Gaby, “Endora is this another dream or have I managed to transport myself and others back in time?”

“Mistress you are in your correct time. Tonight at midnight you are 16 and you come into your full powers. From what I and Endora have felt the power residing in you is already great. The two Granny leprechauns’ can now keep up with all the children. In your dream you talked to Vespasian. Your dreams are a guide to what could happen. Currently you are still Drew Bond. Soon you will go to Appolonaris training camp and you will become Queen Gaby of Northumbria.”

Gaby kissed Endora, “I promise I will find Shamus for you. My dreams have already told me where to look for him. Now along with your sister will you be my Royal Granny leprechauns’ first class?”

There was a squeal of delight from Endora. “Even my daughter never thought to create that title for either of us.” As Gaby watched Endora changed her gown to a gold colour with green stripes.

There was a knock on the door it was Jools. “Gaby we have to go to the conference room. Apparently there is some sort of shindig on tonight. We also got a rather strange lady who was complaining that the children had hexed her hair as it turned blond.”

Gaby noticed Andorra coming along the passage muttering. “Change my hair and then my dress. Just wait until I catch the one responsible.”

“Hi Andorra how do you like the dress of a Royal Granny first class? Your sister choose the design. As to your hair that was also my fault as I thought it would be easier to see which Leprechauns promised to be mine.”

Andorra, “Royal Granny first class am I? I suppose my sister also asked for that title.”

Gaby, “Andorra on board the Lady of the Isle you promised that you and yours would be mine for ever. As such I decided to make you a Royal granny first class for that is the job you do best. I saw how you cared for my pixies. Remember they were all covered in ash and soot. You cleaned them and dressed them by borrowing powers from me.”

Andorra, “Royal as in Royal leprechaun?”

Endora, “Sister that is correct. Why did you think I was celebrating? Now though we have to provide the escort for the Empress and her family.”

Andorra blew her whistle and a joint leprechaun and pixie army appeared also dressed in gold. As they left they collected Drews family. Granny Peters along with the other ladies had put on the silk golden dresses that were laid out for them. Dave & John had put on the Tuxedos and golden shirts provided. Both wanted to ask a lot of questions but held their thoughts. The doorway to the conference room swung open and the pixies blew on their trumpets. A blond haired leprechaun and a pixie both carried banners announcing their arrival. As Gaby got near all in the room stood and either bowed or curtsied.

Gaby noticed one leprechaun still with red hair run to Granny Peters. “Mistress You have returned. I was so lost without you.”

Gaby called the Leprechaun over. “You know my grandma? How would you like to be my Royal with special responsibility for my Grandma?”

The little leprechaun was speechless but managed to nod her head. As she did so her dress changed design.

Granny Peters took hold of the leprechaun. “Come you sit on the top table with me.”

The pixie Gaby still carried whispered, “Gaby you must now walk to the pentagram in the centre of the room.”

As Gaby reached the centre the clock struck the final stroke of Midnight. The room went dark and then a great light lit up the entire room.

The pixie, “Mistress I forgot the powers bind us. We must stay here as long as we can. Gaby could feel the power building up in her. The pixie continued to instruct her though. A cloud passed over and again the room darkened. Gaby left the circle and the room again became illuminated.

There was great clapping. Oberon, “Mistress Gaby tonight we have all seen the extent of your current power. No wonder my leprechauns flock to your banner. Now though is the time for feasting. The bees asked if they could give you their finest honey.”

Gaby, “I had some honey for my breakfast as I normally do. However this is one gift I will be pleased to accept.”

Oberon, “I have yet to see any Fae born refuse honey. This though was specially created for you.”

Gaby took a spoonful of the offered honey. Her face lit up. “This is the best honey I have tasted. Oberon please thank the bees and ask them if it is possible for them to supply me with a regular supply of this honey.”

A massive column of bees flew into the room. Then they appeared to take on the shape of a person. Gaby could hear a small voice say the bees would be happy the great queen likes their honey so much. They will see she has all she needs. Then the column flew away.

Gaby, “Oberon in my dreams you had two leprechaun daughters who you detailed to protect me. I presume Daisy and Buttercup do exist?”

There was a squeal and two girls appeared with the blond bell boy. He was laughing. “Mistress these are the two practical jokers who turned me blond.”

Gaby tried to look stern. The pixie whispered. “You have to ask them to become no1 and 2 Leprechaun companions.”

Gaby, “Oberon am I correct in thinking I can have as many Fae companions as I wish? If that is the case then I better sentence these two to become my no1 and 2 Leprechaun companions in addition Bluebell and Tinkerbelle better get the same fae position.”

For a minute there was silence and then Oberon started to laugh. Tinkerbelle & Bluebell also were laughing. Daisy and her sister looked puzzled. Almost every leprechaun in the room came and shook Gaby’s hand.

A lady with blond hair walked across to Gaby. “Gaby see what their practical joke has done to me. These are my daughters I give to you. I hope you can manage to keep control of them. They still have not realised they have been elevated to the rank of Royal Leprechaun.”

All of a sudden it dawned on the two girls. “Mum did you say we have just become Royal Leprechauns?”

Oberon shook his head. “Gaby all in this room but my daughters realise that a great honour has been bestowed on them.”

Gaby, “In my dreams a Prince Draco Draconaris turns up. Recently I was reading a story on Fictionmania about a magic book called the book of Keilari and a Vampire called Gia. I presume that there could be some truth in the story and that eventually I will have to search for the family in Italy.”

Oberon’s wife took hold of Gaby’s hand. “Child no Draconis can ever harm you Gaby. I think though you and I should go to Italy this very instant.” There was a flash and the two of them vanished. A second later they materialised in a room where a masked ball was taking place.

Gaby looked round the room and saw a tiny child. She ran to the child and scooped it up in her arms. She gave the child a kiss. “Tiny it is you. You were my first micro tiny.”

As Gaby spoke to Tiny a young female launched herself at Gaby. The attack was immediately stopped as red flames came from one direction and white from another. A large male appeared.

“So you are under the protection of the Red and White Queens. That means you are very important to them. In addition you appear to know our tiny princess.”

Gaby sat down in a vacant Golden chair. This brought about more gasps from the masked dancers. The man though smiled. He then bowed. “My daughter was protecting Tiny from harm. What would you have me do with her?”

Gaby looked at the girl. “Soon Tiny will come with her mother to be my companion. Lord Draco will also appear to heal Tiny’s mother’s wounds. Tiny is my number one micro Tiny. As you apparently have been detailed to look after her you shall be her nurse and companion to me.” With that Gaby raised her hand and the young female dropped to the ground.

Gaby looked around and all but the two females were knelt down on the ground as if praying.

“Please I came here for a reason. Back in the 1500 did one of your daughters go missing? In particular a girl with the name Gia or something similar. Also does the book of Keilari mean anything to you?”

There was silence in the room. The female who had launched herself at Gaby crawled towards Gaby. It was Tiny who spoke. “Gaby she is terrified by that she promises to do as you want.”

Gaby looked angry. “Recently I have had many dreams in them Tiny is my first Micro companion. I was born both boy and girl. Lucinder has been one of my protectors for some time. However I did not come here without additional help. I noticed you all gasp when I sat on the Golden throne. Why should I not sit on the throne intended for me?”

Golden flames flashed from Gaby’s hands as she made two doorways. The doors swung open. Through one came golden pixies with bows drawn looking very angry. Through the second door came Leprechauns’ and Fae with daggers & bows drawn.

“Good that has got your attention. Endora and Andorra please come here? Gaby touched both. “Please demonstrate to these creatures that neither I nor Royal Grannies are to be trifled with.”

Two of the males started to laugh and say. “No leprechaun can harm us because we are Vampari.” Much to their shock they discovered Endora and Andorra were far stronger than they were. They soon discovered they were over the knees of the two leprechauns.

The two of them produced a buffet each and sat down. Andorra said, “We will demonstrate with these two naughty boys and butter paddles what punishment naughty children get from us. So not to tire ourselves too much we will limit their punishment to one stroke of each paddle for each year they are old.”

The gentleman who had previously spoken to Gaby. “Ladies these are my sons and unlike my daughters who have felt the wrath of their mother with the back of a hairbrush they have never been on the receiving end of a good spanking. I for one would like to know what actually happened to their sister they were supposed to be looking after. From the question the young queen asked I have a good idea. If I am correct then their mother cannot save them from my wrath and I will have to administer a public punishment of my sons. ”

By the time Andorra & Endora had reached the 100th paddle they were screaming for mercy. They then admitted their part in the disappearance of their sister. A lady with tears streaming down her face came across.

“You two are responsible for the loss of two of my daughters as my youngest went in search of her sister. Andorra & Endora I apologise for these two. I will take over their punishment. They shall count the stroke out aloud and if they lose count I will start again. Usually I only have to use the brush on the girls. However you two have 500 years of punishment to come from me. Your father was correct I should have punished you two long ago. I will rectify that mistake now. We will see if either of you can take your punishment like a man. If you scream then you two will become two more daughters until your sister returns to us. Mistress Gaby I take it you already know where one of my daughters is?”

“I read a story on the internet and that brought me here. Tiny will monitor the story for me and when the time is correct they will be returned to the fold. I do not actually agree with corporal punishment however in this case I believe it is warranted.”

The mother produced a cane this brought a gasp from the other females. “Your sisters all recognise this and none of them have ever come back for a second helping. Now to see how well these kind ladies have warmed your bottoms up.” She then pulled down the trousers of the first one. On the fourth stroke the male let off an ear piercing scream caning. The second decided he would not scream like his brother. He was trying his best to blank out the pain. The mother stopped and spoke to her daughters come and get your sister ready to greet the Empress. The second son tried his best to take the caning his mother was administering. He saw his brother return to the room all dressed as a Vampari Princess. He knew that was also his fate if he screamed. Somebody came and rubbed on some substance the next second it felt like the very fires of Hell were searing his backside. Still he managed to contain himself. However on the very next stroke tears started to roll down his face. He opened his mouth to say the number. Alas all that came out was an ear shattering scream.

The father spoke, “Your brother had the sense to scream on the fourth stroke. You tried to be strong. I also promised you I would administer your punishment.”

Gaby, “Come over here both of you. There will be no more chastisement of either of you. In my dreams I never came across the Vampari. I though have met the Lords of Life and Light. I also met the Barguest who I presume is related to you all. She along with all her sisters took the same mate.”

The father spoke, “Mistress if you know of the Barguest then you must have seen us in another form. This one will demonstrate before he changes his attire.” The son changed into a Hell hound.

Gaby, “Yes I remember I was presented with a kennel of Hell Hounds by Lord Brightflame. I had one bitch in particular that was forever whelping. I believe she was called Petra. I though did not realise though that the Vampari were also Hell hounds.”

“We try to live normal lives among the humans.”

“Father that was why our sister was punished. She took many human lives. They intended to kidnap her and sell her back to you. Our sister managed to tear every one of them limb from limb. We covered up her crime by throwing the remaining pieces into the river.”

It was the young female that tried to protect Tiny that spoke. “My brothers how stupid can you get. Father gave you a job to do. That you failed causing the loss of my sisters. Empress you gave me a job to do and unlike my brothers I will do it to the best of my ability. If you dreamed of Tiny then you will also know of Nana her dog. I will take that form until Tiny is reunited with you. Then I would like to be your companion if possible.”

Gaby, “Soon all from the Fae world will flock to me. The Vampari though are going to get a good start on the others. I know of a village not far from where my future home shall be called Long Preston. The majority of the houses in the village are up for sale due to the recession. I would like you all to move there as soon as possible bringing with you all Fae who reside near you or that you know about. In addition Nana your request will be granted once it is discovered I am the new Queen of Northumbria. Do not bother Lord Brightflame as he is on holiday in and around Bavano. He will be informed soon enough. Likewise Lord Draco will appear to heal the wounds of Tiny’s mother. The Gemini shall be given the job of hunting down the one who hurt Tiny and her mother.”

Tiny grinned and took off her dress. Nana looked at the scars on Tiny’s back. “Tiny I and my sisters’ promise that will never happen to you again.”

The mother spoke, “Mistress we will abide by your will. The Gemini are my two naughty daughters. I presume it your wish that they track down and capture the person that harmed Tiny?”

Lucinder, “They have to track the person down and after having fun with them hand the person over to me. I have something special instore for two people. The other is called Meadows and soon he will fall into my clutches.”

With a flash Gaby and the two queens vanished leaving the Vampari to their party. The father looked at his two former sons.

“The Queen has given you two a task. This time do not fail as you did with your sister. Apparently you can do what you want with the criminal although they must still be alive when taken to Lucinder. It will be up to Justine what their punishment will be. A word to the wise Justine has been known to bite the heads off those that displeased her. So do as requested and do not wait for Grandpas instruction. Go hunting Jan now.”

As they left they found they were being bombarded with images of Justine devouring the heads of those that had crossed her.

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos