William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 6

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapter 6. Back at the Hospital.

Back at the hospital Lucy was showing off her new dress. “Look mummy I am a real Princess now. Look what Nana & Topsy have had done.”

Lucinda, “I suppose you just might just have had to show them how it was done". Lucy has wanted her ears done for ages now & I had meant to allow her to have it done.

"Mummy the man would not let Aunt Angela or Grandpa Pay for anything & he must have known it was my birthday because he gave me these."

Angela went to the telephone and rang the store. "There has been a slight slip up I need lots of presents wrapped up and a Birthday cake for Lucy." In the toy department many more items were added to the list.

Whilst they where doing that Kirsten & Renate entered the store. "Sorry your Majesty we are trying to sort out what to send for the little girl’s birthday."

Kirsten laughed and said that is what I have come over. I realised after we sent the previous order." Kirsten added a few more items to the list and said, "That should do her now can you show me the jewellery counter." "I need some thing special for the grand parents as we had intended having a party for them tonight but instead we will have one for the child and tomorrow it can be their party."

As they where talking Kirsten spotted Rose with Anna Marie & Louise. "We left in a hurry & did not bring presents."

"There has been a change of plan." "Louise as of today you have a twin sister and a niece." "Please take it as gospel." "You are shopping for her birthday present."

They went back to the toy department. Louise said, "My niece does she have a princess or fairy dress?"

The manager looked down the list and said most of the clothing was practical."

Kirsten, The instruction was all the clothing she might need." "All little girls like to dress up."

Louise said, "They also like to put on makeup."

The manager sighed and rang the makeup counter."

"Yes sir what colour eyes & hair." "Yes we will have an extensive pack ready wrapped.

Kirsten said, "Sorry I could not resist those dresses." “Rose are you going to introduce us."

"Louise this is one of my cousins your father knew her as Kirsten but in Scandinavia she is Queen Helga of Denmark."

"Aunt Rose does that make you a Princess?"

Anna Marie answered, "Mums correct title is Princess Rose Marie of Oslo her sister is Queen Olga"

"Sorry I am finding it hard to believe dad has a princess and a Queen as friends.”

Rose, "actually you have a queen as a god mother as well as me." Louise’s mouth was opening and shutting like a goldfish. Your father and mother should be heading for the hospital where your sister currently is.

We will all go there before we go back to the palace. I need to brief everybody we are having a party for Lucy today as she is four.

A short while later they found the room Lucinda was in with the nurse said, "Your Highness you have just missed your cousin."

Louise looked shocked and said I thought you were kidding me." They entered the room. Louise looked at the name above the bed. Lucinda Church.

Louise looked at her, “We do almost look like sisters. I am told I have a birthday party to attend. I have not even got Lucy a card."

"It is a good job I am here sister then as I have this for you to sign."

"Thank you Louise."

Louise picked the documents up and read them. "Apparently I am the eldest by 5 minutes."

Louise, "Actually it is my true birthday and time."

Louise thought for a moment and then hugged Lucinda. "I always wanted a sister but mum could never have any more or she might have died. Now I have a sister and a niece.”

Kirsten, "Louise have you the keys to your parents home as It might need a few alterations before Lucinda can be returned home with you.”

“Sorry Louise but two of the queens have pensioned me off already. As they were talking another female entered the room.

“Ah Kirsten I understand there is a change of plan.”

Louise, "Aunt Olga are you in on this also? Did you know dad knew Queen Helga or at least knows her as Kirsten?

"Sorry Rose I did not see you both there." Lucinda mouth was opening and shutting like a gold fish." Olga turned to Lucinda, "So you are mine & Roses other god daughter."

Louise started to think and said, "Well Uncle David is my godfather,” Louise then tried to do a curtsy.

Olga laughed, "That is the first time you have ever done that."

"I did not know before and now I do. Dad has no idea at all."

Olga, “Actually he has four queens as friends and at least two princesses he knows but has no idea about." There is one he has a suspicion about and he very nearly married her, but then he met your mum and that was that.”

"Would that be Renate of Bavaria?"

Olga started to laugh. Tell me your mother is she a princess or a Queen?

"No but I do know mum and dad are some sort of cousins he did the family tree some time ago and my great grandparents were cousins.

Olga, "Well you young lady should not miss your daughters party so we are taking you to the ship and then you will be brought back here. Neither of you is to let on that you know who I am. The only one your father has met who will be on the ship is Helga and he has not recognised her as Kirsten as yet. Renate has agreed to keep away for another night.

Lucy was excited all the way back to the ship. Aunt Angela will you give me a piggyback?

Angela lifted the child up and said, I remember having this done to me."

She put Lucy down as they boarded the ship. The steward said, "We put the clothing in your cabin sir as instructed but the other items we have placed on the stage for later."

Lucy said, Look Nana all the ladies are wearing long dresses
Angela said, Yes they have to for the evening meal. We have to go back to the cabin & change.

"Do I have to change because I like this dress?"

Lynn looked at Lucy and said, "No you will do fine although you could do with a little something extra."

A short time later they where all ready. William, "All three of us have bought you this present."

Lucy ripped the wrapping paper off and looked at the box. “Thank you, Thank you this is the nicest present I ever have had.”

“Angela would you like me to help you put it on?"

"Yes please Aunt Angela." Grandpa William will you escort me to the dining room Please?" William took her hand and the four of them where almost ready when

Angela said. "Silly Aunt I almost forgot this and placed a small tiara on Lucy's head.

Lynn smiled when she saw the item. "They will all know it is my birthday now grandpa."

As they entered all the ladies curtsied and the men bowed. Lucy went up to the captains seat and saw there were some new people at the table. Hello I am Lucy & this is my Grandpa William & Nana Lynn & this is Aunt Angela she is mummy's friend.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos