Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale

Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

In this chapter, Vantier finds a way to communicate with the world via old enemies.

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager?

please take note...this story does start out slow...but once its rolling, its a RIDE!

Shadowsblade here.
most of my current stories can be found on Fictionmania

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March, 24 2007
Long term Research Storage Vault
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

The encounter from the guards view

David was up front. He was scanning the boxes in front of them, cautiously going forward a foot or so at a time. His light hits something jumping from behind a box, it rises a hand and said something! It so spooked him! He instinctively touches off a round, not knowing what he is looking at. From his Brickbuster gun. The gun blasted the form in front of him, the guns massive recoil system sucks up the rearward motion of the shot. The form he shot, then flies across the room from the rounds impact and thuds against the floor.

Gunny yells into the radio "Who the F- fired! I did not order any shooting till your attacked!"

David Looks at what he shot. "SHIT! I just shot a kid!" he yelled.

Gunny yells at the radio "YOU WHAT! how did a kid get in there?"

David steps forward with care just incase and pans his camera/light down to the form laying and rolling around on the floor in pain. It looks to be a Fifteen year old girl, very tall, very well built! up top, muscular, long blond hair, and she had the bluest eyes that just led you into her angelic face! A face that just drew you in and you trusted it.

David just falls into a small trance from looking into her EYES and trusts the angel before him. He trusts her not to hurt him, she means no harm he thinks.

"David! Did you kill her?" Scott the man next to him asks. As he steps up to him.

"No dude...I didn't do it man! She surprised me and I just reacted."

"Well hopefully, she's not dead and we can talk to her?"

Scott shakes his head back and forth "David...if she isn't dead from that thing, I don't know if I want to talk to her? Anything that could take one of these slugs in the chest and get up to walk away. Is something I don't want to mess with!"

David stands there for a second transfixed by looking at the girl "We need to help her!"

The team reforms more heavy to that side of the room, for protection of the group. The secondary unit, held in the rear pours to that section. Keeping a good semi circle into the room. Making sure nothing sneaks up on it, from any angle.

------------------------------------

I start to sit-up a little bit and moan 'I definitely felt that impact to my chest!'

The hit from the guards weapon knocks the wind out of me so badly. I can't get air into me to speak, I can only moan in pain right now. Thank the Gods I don't need air to live anymore! GOD! It hurts, but it didn't penetrate in too deep, I start feeling the large and now bleeding bruise on the center of my chest. That sits between, my newly acquired breasts.

I think to myself 'OWW! That hurt! I wish now that I had my armor on!'

As I lay there for a bit thinking 'It's best to lay still, then let them come up on me. But I'm I not going to be violent towards them. I did surprise him, I should have not done that!'

Then one of the armored guards walks up to me, with one of the 'sticks' in his hands. He aims the light beam from it at me and says something? I don't understand a word he is saying? I know the implication means "Don't move!" any warrior knows that look! I lay there for second...waiting. They are looking each other very confused.

I don't know what to make of them? The weapons and the armor on them is semi metallic and other substances. I've never seen this type of armor, or recognize them from before. The sticks, that they have in their hands? They are not spears, swords or anything I know of. What hit me definitely wasn't magic! This was a human gizmo of some sort? That they cooked up without the help of magic. The humans where never magically inclined. So they always seemed to invent something instead, or steal something from the magically inclined, to work for them.

I ponder to myself. Those sticks remind me of that one device my friend that dark elf found on that one adventure we had. It fired lead pellets via some kind of chemical reaction thing. You worked it back and forth and more stuff popped out of it. Amazing little thing.

I lay there kinda still, moving enough to make them understand that I'm still alive. They're saying something to each other, half a dozen of them. They all have various boomsticks pointed at me and that's exactly what they did! They're sticks and they went boom! So I am going to stick with it! I laugh silently.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Scott then steps forward to get a better look at the young girl that is laying there, in some pain and he is just grabbed by her looks. HER EYES! "Ya David, we do need to help her!" he says.

Now both Scott and David are asking for medics via the radio net. They almost demand someone help the girl before them.

One of the team medics comes forward at David and Scott's call for help. "Who's hurt guys?" she asks them both.

They point at the same time, the medics gaze follows the action and the weapons beam of light. To the form of a nude young girl laying there.

"Hey we can't touch her, till she gets cleared by the techs!" Says the female medic. As her eyes go over the young girl.

Then she looks at me, she just falls into my eyes like the other two already have.

-----------------------------------------

As I am rubbing what should be a hole through my chest and out the BACK!. I see a girl walk forward, then talk to the other two guards and is dressed in lighter armor. She looks me over, then starts to step forward to me, she's got her hands up. I think she's trying to imply that, she does not want to hurt me. She wants to come look at me.

------------------------------------------------

The gunny sees one of his medics come forward to the girl laying on the floor. The medic looks like via her body cam and the two men looking at her too. She going to go help her before, she is cleared by the techs for dangers.

"Don't touch HER!" the Gunny yells on the radio. But its too late....she does.

--------------------------------------------------

I nod at her. I lever myself up with my arms. She comes over indicating to lay back down. I just go with her and lay back down. She's looking at the wound in my chest and then she talked to the other guys. They talk back. Then it looks like she's using a little light device? To look at my skin, she is just shaking her head at what she's finding. I think she's expecting to find a little clean HOLE through me and me having left this world. I feel her grabbing my arm to ease me up and I go with her. It looks like another person in lighter armor, a male guard comes over and she's talking to him. He gets on my other side. I start figuring out what they want me to do, they want me to stand up....so I stand up. As I stand up they realize that I am not short, I am Six foot. I'm taller than most of them, except for a couple of the males. The two in front of me, are still nervous with their weapons pointed at me. The guards open up a semi path...forming up between them all. Then these two, one on each of my sides are certainly guiding me forward and gently. I my mind is saying to me 'they must be healers of some sort. So? I will let them guide me at this time.'

The two healers I figured they are, one on each side of me, are leading me to a large door way with even more light outside. As I go out the large door, I'm surrounded by the rest of the guards and other people. I don't know what they are. They're definitely talking to each other and arguing. I have no idea what they're saying? The language they all use, is incredibly strange to me. like nothing I've ever heard. The two 'healers' are walking me out past the large doors. That go back into the storage room I was just in. My mind notes...that the doors are immensely thick, some sort of metal. Since I can't reach out to touch it, I can't figure out what it is. The both of them, walk me out into the LARGE hallway and there's a metal cart there. They lay me down on the back of it, on a small bed on its top. Everyone is arguing, all around me. I don't know they're saying! One older black man who looks in charge is real mad, at the first two guards and the 'healers'.

Gunny yells at the group "Why did you all touch her!"

The group just ignores him, till the girl is on the medical cart and safe.

As I lay on the small bed, he looks at me and I see 'the older black man' get more friendly toward me. I think 'Whoops my glamour must be on and they are fully in it. Ohh no this is not good.' I look into my self and turn it off FAST!

Then a few minutes go by, of my just laying there and the group talking around me. I suddenly realize 'I have never had a glamour like that? Where did that come from!...How do I know how to use it and what it does? I had a glamour of a type before, but it was no where near a friend making one!...humm? What else has changed on me besides this 'glamour' and my sex of course.'

Scott says to David "Did you see what your Brickbuster did to her! It knocked her flat and she is still in one piece! Barely a bruise on her! What is she made out of?"

David says back a bit nervous "She must be a mutant or something. Who knows what she is? But we have to keep an eye on her. To make sure she does not get loose." David smiles "But she seems to be friendly and she didn't attack anybody? Even thou we flattened her butt!"

One guard from outside says "Yeah nice butt too! She doesn't seem to mind being completely naked! and giving me a free peep show!"

Gunny yells at them "Guys come on! She's a kid!"

Scott looks over to the Gunny "Gunny that an't no kid. Did you see how she acted? She is not jumpy like a child. There is no child in that body. It just looks like it."

The female medic interrupts all of them "David? the only reason why she is not dead is, you loaded out your gun with anti-personal rounds. THEN add I agree with you...she is a mutant of some sort?"

As I am laying there on the small bed, that rests on the strange cart. I'm looking around for a horse or creature to move this thing. I don't feel any magic on it. They cover me up with a blanket. One tries to shine a light in my eyes and I move away from it it's too annoying. The other gets into the seat in front and we start to move off. I could feel motion underneath me, hear whirring sounds. All I could think is humans that managed to get to my world and start a small colony if you want to call it that or a enclave for trade. I always thought that they where very clever! They definitely had the crutch of not having magic. They always seemed to come up with some type technology or device or gizmo or gadget, to take the place of what we just normally used for magic every day. The cart travels a pretty good speed! Faster than any of the horse like creatures, I'd ever ridden or been around.

It seems like we have been going for near a mile or more and we come to a metallic box at the end of the rough hewn hallway of stone. Very smooth floor, the walls are very rough. Seems be beams holding everything up with metal, lights hanging from the ceiling, some kind of lantern. I don't understand what they are? They don't have the same heat a fire lamp would have? Not magic, must be another of things that the humans use? I certainly wish I could talk to them. There is pretty amazing stuff I'd like to know more about around me.

We go in this metal box, then the door slams shut. It spooks me! I jump up for second. The lady healer that sits next to me, puts her hand on my chest to calm me and says something. I figure she's just saying" take it easy...be still...or one of the many others, I can feel that coming from her. The room goes up! So we must be some kind of elevating device or elevating room? Technology again? No teleportation I guess?

Then the door opens up again. We start down a hallway must be Thirty feet across, Twenty feet tall, still rough hewn walls, and then I see doors are in the walls big and small. We are still moving at a fair clip. I can see the guards in another metallic cart keeping up with us. Then we stop in an area. The female healer gets off the cart and goes to the end of the bed I am on, yanks on it and it turns into a small wheeled cart of its own. I look around at it, pretty neat these humans every second I am here, I am amazed what they can do. They start wheeling me down a hallway a short ways, to a large door that opens up automatically. They wheel me down a hallway, its all beige and white and well lit.

A woman walks up to me and the healers start talking to her. She's wearing a white cloth jacket of some sort, she comes over to me, pulls the blanket off me. She looks at almost my wound, that is almost completely gone now. It is fading away with every second that passes. They seem to be arguing about what it is. I figure that healers are talking about me. The new one with the white coat on seems to be, the one in charge of them 'the healers'.

Now a man walks up to the group very fast. Under his arm are papers, tomes and such. He has a device in his hand that lights up, it looks like it displays imagery and writing on it. He seems to be very much in charge! How I am thinking this? is his clothing is different than what else is, he's wearing more, there are more layers to it. I have always noticed that among the rich and powerful, the more clothes you wear? You usually are richer, OR you are more important.

He is arguing with them, then the older gruff guard comes into the small hallway with me and the rest. They are all starting to talk and looks like he's kind of winning whatever discussion they have? They then start wheeling me down the hallway again.

------------------------------------------------------------

What I did not know what was going on at that time?

Is the two medics had wheeled me into the into the sections emergency clinic. The doctor on staff looked at my wound and notice its completely disappearing. She is arguing over my treatment or not. The administrator for the whole section came up.

Mr. Twain says "Why are you bringing a possible threat to the entire complex here!" He near yells at the two medics. "She should be under heavy guard."

That's exactly the time, that the Sergeant of guard arrived. The old gruff one, he starts arguing his points. That a Brickbuster shotgun hit her full in the chest and barely stunned her. She might need to be under guard. Then brought to a room for questioning. That's where they decide to bring me to. Since I seem to be remaining very calm, they are not going to be light with my guarding, but not overly showing it.

I am being wheeled down one hallway. Then I am wheeled into another room that moves up. I'm notice more guards are around me now. Not the one or two before, now it's five or six and then ten are finally added! All wearing that armor, carrying the large weapon sticks of various types and they seem to be more cautious around me now.

The elevator device or whatever it is, goes up many hundreds and hundreds of feet. Then opens up into a another very well lit hallway, not of the rough stone like before. Nothing like the last healer station that we were at. These walls are fully smooth and even. One thing I am noticing here, is the doors are all very thick looking, very ominous locks on them that I can see and there's windows in the walls of some sort. The windows they seem to be 'bared' somehow, so that you can look in? But whatever is in them can't get out.

'This might be their prisoner section? But it's very nice for prisoner section' I'm thinking.

They wheel me over to a very thick door, that's already open. Two guards are standing there, it looks like they are there to keep it open. The two healers help me off the bed and walk me in the smaller hallway. They give me a robe to wear. I put it on, to make them happy even though wearing clothes at home? is just why? we just don't do it, tradition is not to wear anything. They leave me in the smaller hallway and the close-up the armored door behind me. These two new guards minus the healers, quite casually walk down this hallway and open up a rather large door. One waves his hand for me to go in and I walk-in, they close the door behind me almost immediately. I look around this smaller room, there is bed in the corner, some kind of mirror on the wall. I walkover to look at it and tap on it. Its not glass? weird never encountered this thing before. Then I go over and touch the bed, my fingers run over the smooth, soft cloth and I find that its rather good as I feel it. I sit down on it. The bed itself, seems be well padded and comfortable for a bed. The floor...that I've been walking on in this room, is very even and level. I bend down to touch its surface by the bed, while I am sitting on it. My fingers find? It's semi-warm to the touch, but it's not stone? Some of material? Its definitely not cloth or carpet of some sort? But it feels very artificial.

I see yet, another small room adjacent to this one. After I get up and walk over to it. I open up its door and walk in. In the next room. I find the floor surface changes, the floor here is? a small intricate tile. There looks to be some kind of sink and a mirror. I then notice, a metallic thing sticking out of the sink. I touch one and nothing happens, I spin the top part and water comes out! I put my hand under the water, it warms up! I spin the other one, that one gets colder. Ok! red is hot, blue is cold, makes sense. Then, I see a glass-enclosed box in the corner. I open up the little door there, I then spin one of the knobs mounted on the wall and water come shooting out of a spigot in the wall. This must be what they use as a bath? I wonder why? That's interesting, no need for bath? I don't feel any magic?...so...that's pretty neat! In the other corner, I see a ceramic bowl and a ceramic box. I walk over to it, look at it and I lift up the lid on the bowl there. In the bowl, there is water. Then I notice a little silver handle sticking out on one side of the box and push it down. Water moves from the box really quickly, into the bowl and water goes away down the drain.

I am looking at curiously at this 'What is this for?' I wonder. I then think back to my traveling days, when I was really young. Before everything had changed about me. 'It's a chamber pot!' I think excitedly 'That's what it is! It's all water fed chamber pot. Just like the sink. I push the handle again, I watched the water disappearing, this is neat! Don't need it, but it's neat! quite unusual.

I wish I wasn't being watched. I know I'm being watched. I can feel it. Don't know by what? I'd love to pull my books out and write about this right now. I go back into the main room or what I'm gonna call the bedroom now, I sit on the bed and look around some more. I see a box on the wall, little things, toggles or something sticking out of it. I go over there and look it. I flick the little toggle and the light goes on and off. That's how you turn the lights on and off! I like this, I flick the toggle next to it. I hear a whirring sound coming from some grating up in the ceiling. I walk over to it and put my hand near it and I feel air moving. A fan or sucking device of some sort moves air in and out. I go on to explore the room some more, I look at every nook and cranny, the bed itself and how well-made it is, looks comfy and it feels great to lay on!. Finally I sit there on the bed and wait....hours pass by.

----------------------------------------------------------------

While I have been examining my room. Unknown to me

The head administrator Mr. Twain, went into a meeting with the other administrators of this section and the Gunny. They are meeting in a room not 30 feet from where I'm at. They are at the end of this hallway I am on. They use this whole section, for their prisoners and people in detention.

Mr. Twain says to his assembled people there "Well what are we going to do with her? Where did she come from? She was found in a SEALED! vault storage room!"

One of the senior technician perks up "Well sir, that...that block of eight by four by four metal. That's been under study for 150 years, that's where she came from. That's the only thing that is missing from that section she was found walking in. I've done an inventory of that room...personally. The sensors detected her coming from that area of the block...also. The sensors started becoming active on the Twenty-Second. Here it is a few days later, she walks out. So she was either in it or she is it! She seemed to be levelheaded and intelligent. She hasn't said a word yet? But then again Mr. Twain, No one has actually asked her?"

"Well Reilly" he barks out "Someone is going to have to go ask her? So is this going to be me? OR do you want to get a linguistics expert down here? Or someone who is familiar with writing out a couple hundred different languages and see what we get?"

Reilly grabs onto his computer tablet there and starts cycling through the menu to start requesting it and sees a time indicator pop up. "They will be here in less than a half an hour, tops. Should we just move her into a questioning room and see if she tries to communicate? She has not said anything yet?"

Mr. Twain looks around the room and shakes his head "A Fifteen or Sixteen year-old blonde girl popping up out of nowhere and that's what she looks like, that's what I am going to call it. 150 year-old Mystery come forth to now and we've got to solve it. We definitely got to find out what happened to our large block of metal of course. That no one has seemed to cut a hole into in century and a half of putting everything we have towards it."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back in My room

I sit there on the bed and wait until someone decides to do something. The door fianlly clicks open. A person walks in and they're very leery of me. I see three or four guards in the hallway, still armed with the their weapons at the ready. This person has got a food tray with them, it looks like a pretty decent variety of stuff on it and it looks like liquid refreshment of some sort next to the food. They sit it down on table, on the other side of the room. I stay on the bed, to make it look like I'm going to be cooperative. She says something and waves at the food. I just nod and she exits the room. I wait till the door has been secured again. Then I stand up and walk over to the table. I find a chair underneath of it...wedged in, I did not notice before. I pull the chair out and sit-down at the small table. I do a cursory sniff at the food. My nose finds, its not turning my stomach the smells off it. I pick up the glass, it seems to have water in it. I give it a sip, tastes like water? tastes bad though, but it's water, got a metallic taste to it, I don't like it. I put that back to the side on the tray. I nibble at something that appears to be bread? its definitely is bread. But it has a somewhat unnatural taste to it. I start shaking my head thinking 'humans went a little too far with their gizmo's, its affecting their food and making it taste wrong!' There is piece of fruit there, red in color on the outside skin, pale beige on the inside. I took a bite of that, sweet, nice taste and I put it aside. Next I pick up a piece of what looks to be cheese, take a bite, that unnatural taste comes out of it. I toss that aside really quick. There is what appears to be a few pieces of meat? there. I want to try some but? I need a knife.

I pick up one of the utensils there, it looks like a fork that I've used before.
But as I'm studying it, I find this one more precise, squared, not forged or crafted? I suspect it was stamped out of something, then bent into shape. I examine it, then I notice! there is something that's NOT on the table? No knife! The only pointy-sharp object here is the fork. I grab the glass of liquid and tap it. It's some kind of artificial glass looking substance, not glass. I tap the plate, that seems to be artificial, flexible. So...they sent nothing in here, that is sharp or can be broken that can be made into something sharp. They don't trust me at all obviously. The door is locked so I am a prisoner! I push away the tray after nibbling a couple sections of food. The only thing that seems to taste any good is the natural fruits, that are there and everything else has a weird taste to it. I don't like it. I take a sip of the water just for the heck of it. I neatly put everything back on the tray, then slide the chair back into the table and sit back on the bed because its more comfortable. I sit there for what my brain says is another hour passes.

----------------------------------------------------------------

High Security holding area--meeting room

Down the hallway in a meeting room two linguistics experts Sally and James showed up and Sebastian an expert in written languages The meeting room itself is just a few scant feet from my door, down this very short hallway. The meeting room is very large, to allow some space between the person being questioned and the others in the room, plus any guards in the room. All that is in it, is a large table about eight feet across and three feet wide. A couple chairs on each side. One door in the wall with a mirror next to it, an observation window for them to look at me. The wall is the same on both sides of the room, a door and a window The group is just sitting there chatting about, where the girl came from. Sebastian's getting out all his books, that he has gathered in every archaic form of writing that he could think of. Each book has one or two samples of each in them. The girl is semi-excited that she might be getting to use her skill in languages and so is the other gentleman.

Seven of the guards open up the door to my room. One of them comes in and motions me towards the door. I was starting to actually get comfortable I was about to lay down on the bed or meditate or get a nap in! Not that I am tired, as I don't sleep all. I kind of wanted to be left alone, so I could mediate and find out what's wrong with me. Or not right with me at this point.

I get up slowly, so as not to spook them and they escort me down the short hallway to a locked room. They sit me down at this table, to see three people at the table waiting for me? Then there are four guards in the room, two at each door. I'm on one side of the table, the three on the other, There is a door behind them and I got a door behind me. There is a what seems to be a mirror on each the walls. I look at the mirror I have the feeling that people are behind this magic mirror of some sort. It is some kind glass, you see one way through...which is not uncommon even in, my magically inclined world.

The young lady sitting there says something to me and I just shake my head. I don't know what's she is saying to me and she says something else and something else, two or three dozen different words. I am shaking my head at each one, not one even sounds familiar to me. The young man says something several dozen times, I shake my head. The older man puts a book in front of me and opens it up. He flips open to a page, then starts pointing at that the writings there. My eyes are glancing at each one of them, I start going through them. I don't recognize one. I go through dozens and dozens of pages...four or five different types of writing on each page. I get through one book, to see him open up another one, for me to start going through it and then open up another one to start going through it. I re-stack all of them, then slide them all back to him and shake my head. He looks disappointed, that there is nothing in there that I recognize.

I am looking around this room thinking to myself 'Great...I can't talk to these people, they can't understand me!'

Then one of them pulls out a piece of paper, the younger male does some writing on it and slides it in front of me. I have no idea what it is? He starts doing something else to it, doing symbols and I see what he's doing! He is doing math for a language. This symbols equals yes, this equals no or true or false and I nod. Then I shake my head, trying to communicate to him that way will take us months if not years to get anything down, it's going to take forever.

He happily talks to the other girl, then with the older man.

James says "She knows mathematics! We can base a language off that!"

Sebastian says "Mathematics will take months and years to figure out a base language with her, we don't have that kind of time."

James seems disappointed in that revelation "Sebastian? but it's something to start with?"

Sally then says "It may be a start, but we have to figure something else out."

She points at herself, looks at me and says something. Then pointed me and she points at the young male and says something and pointed me. I am not getting it does she mean-- name, girl, female, male, person, WHAT! I shake my head at them.

She seems to get frustrated at it. She points to herself and says something, points to me says the same thing. Then she points to the male says something different, then she points to the other male and says the same thing.

'Okay must be male-female-boy-girl?'

I say in Hawk Lord "girl" I point myself, then at her and said the same thing.

I look at her and she seems to be excited about that. She writes down a note really quick!

I shake my head 'Great we got one word maybe? I point at the male and say "male" in hawk Lord.

She scribbles down something else real quick.

"Great we got TWO! words!" I put up my two fingers to her "fantastic at this rate? You all will be dead before, we can figure anything out" I say to them in Hawk Lord.

I am shaking my head...I am getting disappointed, I am not disappointed in them, I am disappointed in me!

Elder Gods I can speak over 200,000 languages and write close to a million! and not one! They use here! Is my race, WORLD! So dead! That no one here knows any of it! I know this is Gaea's world, I can feel that much. Did all, the older races get wiped out and only the humans remain? GODS I need an ELF! I almost laugh. Me asking for a elf! that is so funny!

This is going to take forever! The older man gets up and walks over to the door, to a guard asking him to do something. He leaves, several minutes go by.
We sit there trying to communicate with me, they hand me a piece of the fruit that, I had my table today and then say something. Great I have never seen this fruit before now. Giving it a name will not help. I just handed it back to them.

The door opens to a giant cart full books and older tomes getting rolled in here. I look at them and get excited. He pulls off a large book and hands it to me. I start flipping through all the languages that are in it. Dozens and dozens and dozens, if not hundreds, moving into the thousands. Hours go by and I'm going through the whole cart AND NOTHING!

I get to the last book. I'm actually kind of upset. I slam it shut really hard and the table shakes a bit. The guards jumped! at the sound of it slamming.

I put my hands up "Sorry don't mean to offend" I say even thou they don't understand me.

The older man says something to them to calm them down.

Sebastian says to the guards "She's just frustrated just like we are. She is just showing it. You guys can calm down. I don't think she's a genuine threat."

They all are just sitting there, thinking. One of the younger guards walks up, talks to the older guy. She pulls out a small stone out of her pocket and hands it to him.

"Sebastian? I know, I'm not a expert this. But here's a common thing. The apple Sally gave her may not be common" the guard says to him "But this rock is. Write down "rock", "stone", whatever? in as many languages as you can, say the same word over and over in different languages and then we will have other experts look at whatever she writes down in answer to it."

Sebastian looks at the guard "The young always amazes me! To come up with a simple answer, to a complex question!" He then takes the rock from her extended hand.

"I want that rock back!" she snaps at him.

Sebastian pulls out clean sheets of paper out of the stack off the rolling cart.

What is the old man doing? I wonder what he is doing? She gave him a rock? He starts writing it out neatly. He writes it one language, says a word in that language, he writes out something else, says something else in another language, writes something else and says something else in another language. As he is holding the stone? I think is he saying stone? He's not saying pebble, it's not that small. Maybe he is saying rock instead. I don't think he would be describing it exactly, rock it is! sticking with simplicity. He does it five or ten times. He spins a new piece of paper in front for me, then hands me his writing instrument.

I pick up the writing instrument and the paper. Then I pick up the stone. But I am going to stick with "rock" and not use stone, pebble, boulder or whatever else I can think of that described a piece of the earth right now. I gotta wonder if they have got some device in here, to record what I'm saying? I hope they do. I say... rock...slowly every single time, that I am writing it down. I go on for 7-8-9-10 hours straight and then they come and go out of the room while I'm writing this. The two younger ones don't seem to be tired, they are just watching intently at what I am saying, making notes. The older gentleman is doing the same. Once and awhile he sees something interesting and makes a note. I think he is making numbers for his notes and I keep on writing the same word over in every language, that I can think of on into the day or the night I don't know? I've been sitting there working non-stop, as they change guards many times and even offered me some food and drink. I turned it down. A day must have passed?... by how I measured time. I wrote thousands upon thousands of words and saying them all as best I could. I get to a point. I stop in a Huff and I slide a enormous stack of paperwork back over to them. I put the stone back on top. I point to the top, say the first word back to them. I had sat here for two days writing out 'rock' nonstop. The older man, he just looks at the enormous amount information he had just been given. I then watch as they start packaging all the papers, I have done in a large box, a very special box. To take somewhere?

The guards escort me down the very short hallway back to the room, that I originally had been in. I sit down on the bed and another person brings food and drink to me. I nibble at it, to at least say thank you in away...by trying it. This time they put some sweet stuff on the plate, that has a good taste and it looks like sweetbreads of a sort? Then there is some type of candy or something? I find it tastes really good. I lay down on the bed, meditating try to think to 'Night' my bird, my companion for life. He now, a she... just like me is dormant. Must be waiting for me to gather enough energy, I don't actually need her. I start reaching out mentally from my Axe. Its on the edge out there. I can't grasp enough of it, to give it a call. That would probably be a bad thing to have it bashing down walls or whatever? getting to me.

I then drop my mental shield to 'feel' out this place. I push out past the 'wards' of this place...most are easy, some are real hard and take quite some time to get past. Over the next several hours. I get an Idea about the people here. They feel duty bound to keep the evil, that is stored here within its walls. I reach out even farther and 'that evil' I feel it. Its old and very bad. I can feel it reaching for me with claws to rend me! I toss my shields back up. "I am not doing that again!" I think. I know I can probably take it in a fight, but why chance it?

I basically lay there for days. I go and take a "bath" in the glass box on the second day. They bring me another kind of robe and some kind of pants to wear. I'm actually kind of not wearing anything. Every time the guards come in one of them gets fussy, that I'm not wearing anything and I shrug at them every time they do this. The bath device feels really good though!

----------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April, 1 2007 9:35 am
ARC

While I am waiting in my room unknown to me. All the paperwork I put forth is transferred onto the computers and scanned and indexed with the words I said. So that each one would match the other, is being transmitted all over the
Department of Paranormal Affairs for the US government. It has been sent to every one of their facilities, even DARPA and its sent to ARC among others in the space of three days. No answer from any of the experts known come forth with any idea. It finally comes across Dr. Otto's desk after the third day. He looks it over and thinks about who he can show this to. He thinks about the old Queen and realizes sadly, she just died a week ago or so. His friend Sara? maybe? he calls Sara on the phone, its ringing through.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April, 1 2007 9:35 am
Whateley Academy
Poe cottage, or Hawthorn Lovecraft room

Sara finally answers on her cell phone "Peetee? what can do I for you?

"Sara I have got something for you to look at? I will send a 'Porter' over with a packet for you and if you could go over it as quickly as you can. We've got an anomaly, at the Homestake Research Center. A young girl popped up there just recently, she's not speaking English and they can't communicate with her. They went through every old or new language that you can think of, both oral and in writing. Not one of them is reference-able, to anything she knows. But she seems to know how to communicate, she talks, she writes, she knows math. By the time they figure out a math language?"

Sara nods while on the phone "Yes PeeTee for them to kind of figure out a math substitute, for language. A year will have gone by, if not more. Well, send over what you got so far? I'll go through my old languages and see what makes sense to me. I have available time coming up. You can always port me over there right? As I thought Homestake has its own gate?"

"Yes Homestake has a permanent gate. We could port you from the school to it or from ARC to there, I prefer ARC to there."

"Okay Peetee" as she is saying that...a teleporter messenger POPS in her room. She turns around FAST with her hand up! ready to swipe! "Well next time could you give me more warning before you pop into my room! I almost clawed your face off! Things have been very jumpy around this school lately!" she takes a packet from of information from the Porter, he immediately disappears and she still on the cell phone "PeeTee I'll get on this immediately. If I hear or see anything in here, I'll get with you immediately. Its a nice project for me to do tonight, to get my mind off stuff here."

Otto asks her "So how is it there? Is Rohanna Ok?"

Sara tears up a bit being reminded of the Queens death "PeeTee she is fine, she is taking care of Nikki and keeping all the elves together. I hope she does not stretch herself out too far on this. As she has a tendency to over do everything. But PeeTee I think between you and me. She is hunting for the persons who caused this, she is going to kill someone is my bet. You know elves, their blood honor oaths and she made quite a few that day!"

"Should we call her in on this, to get her off that?"

"Nope...I do not want to add more to her plate now. She is not stable at all. She may have hated Aung at first, but later...she came to love that old ghost a lot! She misses being able to talk to someone who knows, what she does of the past. So lets keep this simple and if we need to. I will let her in on this, if all else fails. So good night!" and she hangs up the phone.

Sara jumps on her bed and starts going over the information on the computer tablet that just came and listening to the girl's voice.

As she is listing to the voice "At least its a pretty sounding voice for a girl. Too bad they did not include any pictures?"

As she goes through all the writing. She starts cycling through it, as fast as you can with the writing display on the tablet. While she is listening to the voice and after several hours after going as fast as she could.

She says to herself "This person wrote all this? in a couple of days...straight?! WOW!"

Sara reads on, then notices some of the symbols. One or two of them so far, are in such an old language. That reading more than a couple dozen of them, would have a drastic outcome on someone and drive them mad! But this person is cautious enough to write just the one, to know that it won't hurt anybody. Which amazes her to no end.

She gets back to the more than intriguing work, hours pass by. She looks at a new page of paper to finally see "Now! there is an old symbol that makes sense. It means...rock!" she cycles the voice tape to it and listens 'Close enough!' she thinks. "I have a priestesses that speaks this!" she says "I'll get her on standby incase, I need her!"

She calls up PeeTee, waits for the phone to ring "PeeTee! I got one for you, it's an old language of the Deep Ones, that's kind of related to one from a planet they conquered. There is not way to describe it, How she was saying it, either I know how to say it wrong or she knows how to say it wrong. But either way it's close enough. The writing is a perfect! match! Who is this girl? Her writing skill is exquisite! looks absolutely perfect. It looks like someone writing a book for a school or something! She managed to scratch all this out without proper tools and writing utensils? amazing! I would like to meet this one!"

Otto says to Sara "I will arrange what I can, as quick as I can, if you want to port up to here now?"

"Nope...how about tomorrow afternoon? That will give you time to get everything set up. Lets make it One PM? Have a good day PeeTee you get back to me with anything different happens and a Porter should be in my room at One PM!"

"Yes Sara that's good, thank you. Would you like me to send the file folder over on her? Since your going to be meeting her too? So at least you have the photos?"

"Okay! I would love that!"

"I'll send it through the Internet link, to the secured link on your ARC laptop."

"That is fine PeeTee have a good day." and couple minutes later her ARC laptop is beeping away.

She opens it up, to see a beautiful girl sitting, in the pictures taken of her and she sees a first date at the pic's top. Its been nearly a week that they've had her. A day or so with the experts. Two or three days, she did to write all the stuff out and then must be two or three days for all this writing to circulate through the network of places. To find that everybody turned it down and they couldn't find anything to do with it. She looks like she's 15 maybe 16, golden blonde hair and just the bluest glowing eyes! The look on her face says, intelligence and determination. Sara's intrigued by her, especially...that skill in languages she has.

Sara is looking at the face and only one word pops in her mind when she's looking at the face of this girl is "angelic" she just looks like an angel. There's no medical files attached. Looks like she's refusing anyone that touches her like in that manner. Sara reads up on what they think she's linked up to? The block of metal. That appeared a 150 years ago and she's quite intrigued at all of this being connected. The only thing out of place? That they have been able to notice, there are a couple of video shot and they are in not too good of shape. Is that, she seems to be wearing one piece of dark jewelry on her right wrist? It seems to be like a bracer or large bracelet that goes partially up her arm. That's the only thing that's odd about her? Sara thinks to herself. I wonder if they are going to let her come to Whateley if they can breakthrough and talk with this one?

---------------------------------------------------------------

While Sara ponders my pictures

I sit in my room waiting for them to come through with more information or something. Days have passed by, I nibbled at the food once in a while, take a shower once a day. They always bring me in a change of these clothes and I hate! wearing them. Most of the time I sit there in my room in the nude, relax, meditate. Nightwing is finally awake after two days of meditating and is talking to me. I still can't reach out to touch my Axe. I am starting to get a better feeling of what happened to me? I don't want to do anything here it's too private for them to see.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday April 2, 2007 1:00 pm
Whateley Academy
Poe cottage, or Hawthorn Lovecraft room

The next day at one o'clock the teleporter pops into Sara's room. Sara steps next to the teleporter and off they go to ARC.

Dr. Otto is there waiting for her arrival "Good day to ya Sara how is everything?"

"It's fine. I'm really anxious to meet this one. She's very interesting from what file folders shows of her. Probably very puzzling to all of them at the Department of Paranormal Affairs."

Otto walks her down the hallway to the elevators, then they both go down to the facility to where the permanent gates reside between one complex and the next.

"Sara from here on, your going to go alone. You do understand that this is a two gate trip? You go to another gate from there and then go over another one. Remember they only know you as ARC employee "Janice Walters"...good luck with this and I hope you have success with it" and Otto shakes her hand as she steps off to leave.

She waves by to him as she walks into the gate. She is transported halfway across the states to the Department of Paranormal Affairs (DPA) This is kind of a hub for gates. They escort her to the next gate, it powers up with arcane magic.

-----------------------------------------

Thursday April 2, 2007 1:40 pm
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

Next she appears in the Homestake complex gate room.

Mr. Twain, the section head is there to greet her "Hi, Ms Walters. I am Mr. Twain the section head. I am here to get you down to the person your here to, help us out with. Otto recommends you highly. Shall we go?"

Sara AKA Janice Walters says to him "Fine and glad to meet you. Please? lets go help this girl communicate with us all. As, she sure does look to be an interesting case."

They escort her down the maze of giant hallways. Sara notices that they just entered the security section.

Sara asks "Your keeping her a prisoner?"

Mr. Twain says "We have to be cautious Janice."

They Escort her to a meeting-holding room area, where she is told that the girl is waiting for them all. Sara enters the waiting-viewing room and she looks through the mirrored wall into the meeting room beyond. Within the next room, she sees a blonde girl sitting there at the table. Patently. The girl seems to be very calm and quiet. Sara also notes, the four guards that are also in the room with her.

Sara asks "Has she said anything today?"

"Nothing that anybody can understand" Mr. Twain says back to Sara.

Sara starts looking through the mirror intently at...this...person?

"Humm" Sara slowly huffs out "She is very patient, you can see that. She's not jumpy like a kid is. Extreme patience for someone that looks so young? strange...? Looks like it might just be the appearance of youth with this one."

Four more guards enter into the waiting room, from the hall on Sara's side of the meeting room. One asks "Are you ready?" Sara nods to him. The four guards get ready to enter the room with an equipment check, then a radio call to inform the rest of the guards already in the room with the girl.

I'm sitting in the room waiting, Looks like I am going to have a meeting with the language people that they have here or the writing specialist people yet again. I hope that this time we all make progress. After waiting calmly for several minutes.

The door opens up across the room from me, just like normal and two guards walk onto their side of the room. Then a young girl walks in behind them. I am looking at her to note, 5 foot 6 in height, white skin, red hair, and she has Elvin ears? I see her eyes? They are not human? Her hands have claws on them? and as she gets a couple feet into the room. My senses JUST GO NUTS! and told me exactly what she is! She is one of The Dark Ones! The BEASTS! the SPAWN is here!

I jump up, The chair fly's out from my backside! I go to full form! and I grew myself to my SEVEN foot SIX form. Most of my clothes are ruined by this sudden growth of over a foot in size and hundreds of pounds of mass. My black armor snaps on my body automatically with my helmet already on, covering my face fully. My Armor covers me from head to toe, thus destroying the rest of the clothes! My wings sprout out to a full spread off my back and near fills the room. I grab up the metallic table and WRENCH it from the floor. Then FLING it across room, it shatters in pieces, as it leaves a huge dent and hole in the wall. I did this to clear the room for the fight to come!

I YELL in Hawk Lord to her "What are you doing here! BEAST! Did you invade this planet too. Enslave the humans that are here?!"

My eyes bore at her. I am getting ready to release my raw energy at her, to blast her from existence. The guards are getting their guns up to point at me and she says something to me.

What I didn't know she said is "I have that effect on people once in a while" and then she giggles.

That giggle! from her! It grates on my skin, that you would giggle at something...that something...does she NOT know what she's done to me? Why I'm here and what I've lost!

I am screaming at her "You took everything from me! Your kind!" I am saying it Hawk Lord, I know she does not understand. But I'm still saying it!

They immediately withdraw her from the room. The guards now have their weapons pointed at me, just standing there in the room, with the destroyed table across the room from me. The door slams shut, on the other side. Then the door on my side flies open, as more guards pour into the room.

I look around me now. To see they haven't done anything? WHY? Maybe she's a prisoner too? I calm down to pull off my armor, shrink back to normal size, pull my wings in and I am standing there naked. As I shredded every inch of clothing that they've given me. I put my both of my hands up a little bit. I sit right down cross-legged. 'I'm done now with my little temper tantrum' I sigh and look around the room as I sit, I put my face in my hands, as I rest my elbows on my knees. I try and calm myself down more. That old soldier comes in, stands there watching me. My opinion of the old guy just went up! He knows when not to press a subject and get someone hurt doing it. After a bit time calming myself more, I glance up and he yells something at me. I nod in his direction, he points at the door. He seemed to be upset at me...this old soldier, I understand that. They lead me back to my room and one of the female guards gives me yet another set to clothes to wear. I put them reluctantly on, to make them happy.

Once I get back to my room. I pace back and forth about the room. Now I'm really upset and I'm not sure? Was that Dark One? Was she in charge here, did they send a youngster in to learn from me? Does she rule here? and they just left her behind? So she can rule over a planet that is already conquered? What happened to Gaea's planet! I need to get out of this hole the ground, so I can maybe figure out a way to talk to Gaea. That's all that is rattling around my skull, that this is Gaea's planet where some elves were at. Maybe even the elves that were a branch off from Ember's empire. That's all I can grasp on for thoughts. Its coming back slowly...everything. The only thing I notice is coming back first is all the horrors just before I died. What I had to do to my kids! My family, my wife dying! Everything else, I am getting upset at myself. I am holding it back, all that sadness. I do not want to show them weakness! To these humans or that beast.

While I am sitting there contemplating everything.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sara...they sit her in a room. Far from mine!

Mr. Twain says to her "She never reacted like that before?"

Sara is shaking her head deep in contemplation for what just happened 'I just have that effect on people sometimes and some people over the last year or so of my life, realize that I'm a Old One or Deep one or a Great One or related to the mythos and have that reaction. Like one of my friends at school now, had almost that same reaction in a way. So what I am going to do is write her a letter of introduction and have them just hand this to her. Then we will see what she says? I think it would be best.'

Sara then sits herself down for half an hour and drafted out a perfect note she thinks. All it has within its words is...introduces Sara. It says who and what she is. Might as well admit it to begin with? Because this...being...person...already knew that! It basically asked, within the note words. If they can peacefully discuss, amongst the two of them. So that she can communicate and learn from her. Sara then signs it at the bottom. Then she gives it to one of the guards to deliver to the young girl for an answer.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting there for hours trying to calm myself, sometimes I get up and pace out the room in frustration. A guard walks in with a piece of paper then places it on the desk and leaves. I wait for the door lock to click, I get up and walk over to desk. I open up the piece of paper, I read it and it's in one of the older languages that's what I figured. She knows it from one of the other planets that got conquered NO! destroyed planet! I should say to myself!

I read it and it basically introduces her, gives me a little bit of her lineage, her demon name, which means nothing to me. Basically it says to me, she wants to talk. So we can communicate. That's what I am getting in the gist of, from this letter. Gods....she writes so badly, there is no skill in it whatsoever. Looks like she really tried hard to do this but, she's writing in a dead language that probably has not been seen in who knows how long. I sigh....thinking. I am not going to see this beast! Not till I have at least one demand met! I'm not going to do anything anymore with these people. Till I get what I want! AND that's my Axe! I don't get it back....I'm not talking to them....EVER!.

I put that piece of paper down on the table and I point at it for a while. The guard comes in with another tablet papers and writing materials then walks back out. I get up from the bed again walk to the table and sit down. I Start writing my reply note. Saying, yes....I would like to communicate with you, but I have one demand. I need an item of mine that seems to be missing from me. I can feel it on the edge of my senses. It's my Axe and I describe the whole thing to her. Then I put my palm on the paper to burn my name, personal seal at the bottom to make it official. I knock on the door and go and sit down on the bed. The guard comes in and takes the note away.

Sara is sitting in a comfortable meeting room for over an hour, a guard walks in gives a piece of paper to Mr. Twain, the division head for Homestake.

"Sara looks like we got our answer Don't know what it means? How about you?"

He slides a piece of paper over to Sara.

She glances at it "Oh my! her handwriting is still exquisite, mine looks like just chicken scratches compared to hers! She has so much more practice at writing than I do like this. I still don't think she is using proper tools and she is still so much better. I bet you she had trouble even reading my note!"

Mr. Twain asks "Sara what does she want? She willing to talk?"

Sara turns to Mr. Twain "Well...Mr. Twain?" she spins the note in front of him "The top part here basically says. Yes....I'm willing to talk to you and learn how to communicate between the two of us, to have a dialogue. Then this one word here is basically "but"....This section here is not a request? It's a demand! She won't talk to us, unless she gets this....and that item is? You have something of her's, she can feel it.....just on the edge with her senses. So? it's either faraway or behind a lot of something? Keeping it from getting to her. The Object....is a four foot tall Axe, with a circular topped blade and this is the whole description. I can go on with it, if you want? It says until she gets this, she is not going to talk to anyone. She will just sit in that room and wait. Then this right here!" Sara points at the corner of the paper. Mr. Twain looks down at it "That's her official symbol, seal, whatever you want to call it. Burned into the paper. This is now an official document between her and you. Wherever she's from...she's someone important, that proves that...since she has access to that. This now is a binding contract between you two. You give her the item, she talks. You don't give her the item? Then she shuts up and I'm sure with her type......the way she writes and everything, she's not some "farmer"....she's someone important or educated. Considering she has her own crest or similar seal. It's up to you to follow through with her demands. Because if your not going to.....please tell me now. I will be going. Because she is not going to talk to me. Or she will not talk to any of you for years, decade's, whatever." says Sara as she waves a clawed hand in his direction.

Mr. Twain gets up from the desk "Well Sara, I am going to talk to people about this."

"I expected that at least. I will just do my homework while waiting here for your answer" Sara starts getting books out of her bag and starts into her homework.
While she's waiting for these 'humans' to come up with their answer.

As Mr. Twain starts to leave the room. Sara peeps up "Can I ask one question? Have you been videotaping her room?"

Twain turns back "Of course Sara we have got to keep an eye on her."

Sara says to him "How many cameras have you got in her room?"

Mr. Twain thinks for a second "I would not know exactly. That's securities department probably easily a dozen?"

"Would you mind if I look at that footage, while you guys are figuring out...if your going to cave into her demands or not. I mean it is a large request! It is a weapon after all!" she laughs "You don't hand a prisoner shotgun!"

Twain nods "Sara, I will have you taken over to the central security department. So you can review them" and he walks out the door.

Sara goes back to her school work. As she's doing that, finally a guard comes in and looks as if he is in charge. "Ms? if you will come with me to go to the security department and have you view those videos? That you requested on the subject?"

The guard escorted Sara down a semi-maze of hallways and to an elevator. Once in it, they went up a few floors. He leads her to a room with lots of video screens in it.

The guard says "This room is a sub room of the security department and is used for exactly what you ask from us...to review video tape of the subject. All these eight screens can display different shots from the days recorded images. They all can be matched or synced on something. Whatever you want....just tell the technician what you need."

Sara sits down in the middle of the long desk there "Okay technician....what's your name? instead of calling you...technician" she giggles.

The female technician says "I'm Jamie!"

"Okay Jamie....what I want is her room after, she got in there. The first minutes there. Put up a shot of the main room, then the bathroom."

The tech puts up three shots, Sara adds more to them as she goes.

"That's good....now go as quickly as it can. As long as the video monitors can keep up without video loss. My mind can keep up with all eight images at high speed and of course keep the audio on."

Sara watches all of the monitors. It speeds through....seconds into minutes into then hours, into days of video are shown. The tech is amazed, that she can keep up with the monitors playing for her at such a high-speed.

Once in a while she says "Stop and Mark that...stop this....Mark that for ten seconds...Mark that...." and on.

She sits there for about two hours going through all the days of footage and she's finally done with it. Jamie calls the guard to escort her back to the comfortable meeting room where she was at.

Mr. Twain walks in "Well Sara they're still thinking about it. They are leaving it up to me whether or not I feel that she's a threat or not."

"Mr. Twain is there a way we get that video footage that I marked and stuff. Piped in here for a second? Then can I explain some items I found on it and her to you?"

"Sure."

Another technician comes and gets a screen set up, to show the footage requested. Via a large set of them. on the meeting rooms wall.

Sara says "Watch this! for a bit!....she's been here near a week? Look at this one screenshot of the bathroom. I am just going to cycle through."

She cycles through the video footage showing the girl in the bathroom the first day then shots of later days....one monitor just shows the room at very high speed thus shows, she does not use it for HOURS!

"What am I seeing here?" he asks.

"Just let it go through for a while, see what is going on, what she does...okay got that kind of in your head?"

He nods..."Yes"

"Here is when they put food in her room and watch it for a while, three different times when they put food in her room and water."

He watches it for a while...."Okay?"

"Here is a real nice close-up of her sitting on the bed, rolled forward it ten times speed, close up of her face and her neck."

"Why am I looking at this?" he asks

"Just keep an eye on it...how 'still' she is! concentrating? She must be meditating somehow? You watching it?....Okay?" she asks.

"Now let me explain what your seeing. Here...She's going to the bathroom on separate days....all she seems to be doing is taking a shower, washing her face a little bit? The other thing I noticed, she does not wear clothes in her room? Which is kind of unusual. But she seems to only to put them on, when they're requested. Most of the time, she walks around naked. Which I am JUST SURE is making all your male technicians is happy as clams! Aren't they! What's interesting!" she points it out "all for the except for the first day. She doesn't touch the toilet!"

He looks at the screen amazed "YOUR right!"

Sara nods her head "Exactly! she flushed it twice to see what it would do. She never touched it again! So what you have is a person in your room there for over six days! that HAS NOT! gone to the bathroom once! Keep it in your mind, think about that? It's humanly impossible not going to the bathroom once! look at her eat? She's been here for over six days, seven days? She has not eaten more than a handful of food. She has nibbled at stuff, she does tastes and samples. Then pushed the food aside! The water that she has drank! We are talking a cup? a full cup maybe? a cup and half? She obviously does not like the taste of it. She is literally wetting her whistle at best."

Mr. Twain is nodding to Sara "Interesting? what do we have here Sara?"

"Now this camera shot here....is the most interesting one!....I got this feeling off of her, when I was in the room with her and she does it just like I do!...watch?"

He is watching the video roll seconds for minutes for hours "What am I looking at?"

"She's meditating obviously! Here is were the key point is. SEE! when she sighs and you can hear it on the tape?"

"YES?"

"She's not breathing for FOUR and a half hours! She doesn't take a breath except the sigh! An emotion! I do that....I breathe through my skin. I don't breath through my lungs....don't need them! Yes I'm a mutant. I will not tell you what I am. Just believe me in that. I'm experienced in this."

Mr. Twain nods "Okay I'll take your word for it. Dr. Otto at ARC highly recommended you. That's why you're here, was for your language skills. I am always willing to take help from something else."

"Mr. Twain....I'm not an expert on this. Who ever you got in that room? I am going to go out on a limb! She is immortal! She does not need to eat! She does not go the bathroom and she doesn't need to breathe! You can probably flood that room with poison gas, lock her in there for 100 years and she wouldn't care."

"OHHH!"

Sara nods "OOHH.....yes!" she says with a bit of sarcasm "Very few things are what I consider Immortal and these are definitely, the signs right here say Immortal to me! Don't go to the bathroom, don't eat, or drink water and don't breathe! YA....so now you've got more information, than you probably had before. What is your choice going to be on her demands?" Sara leans back in the chair and begins shining her claws on her dress.

Mr. Twain walks around the room thinking "Well Sara....I was coming in here basically thinking NO....now I am thinking YES? We really need to communicate with this creature."

Sara nods "It would be a be good idea, not to aaahh miff off something that's gonna live forever. What are you going to do, jail her?...Then hope she doesn't get aggravated enough to decide to get out! She changed from a Six foot tall teenage girl....INTO! a SEVEN AN A HALF foot tall ARMORED! monster there for minute....'with wings'..." she adds "that ripped that table from the floor like it was nothing and smashed it against a wall like toothpicks!...." Sara sighs out "Lets just take that, as a temper tantrum. Lets not even start thinking about how much more dangerous she really can be." she turns to him after looking at the screen for a second "Honestly Mr. Twain she's been quite pleasant and cordial with people up to this point. She has not made any demands. She tired to talk to you. She hasn't threatened anyone or hurt any of her guards. She had one outburst...when...she saw me....then after it, she got quiet and sat right down, then obeyed orders of a sort! She seems to be a genuinely nice person all in all. If she was a genuine threat? She would have already hurt someone by now? Especially after you shot her in the chest with a gun!"

Mr. Twain gazes to Sara uncertain "Well Sara what's your recommendation? just so I am sure now....should I let her have a weapon?"

"I think she's peaceful, I don't think she is going to do anything evil with it? She doesn't seem to be that type?"

He sighs then paces the room thinking "I'll do it.....unfortunately we have to, have her brought to it..... not the other way round."

Sara's eyebrows goes up! "What do you mean by that?"

"Well the last four people that touched that battle axe are dead! It kills humans. Basically on contact with skin.....you drop dead! Its been in testing for over a hundred years, just like that block of metal and everybody that has come close to it and touched it.....dropped like a fly! Like the life was just sucked right out of them!"

"Interesting?.....so it's a quite dangerous little gizmo there."

Mr. Twain chuckled slowly "Interesting little gizmo?....yes.....I would say that for sure. Unfortunately we are going to have to walk her through the most secure sections of this complex, to get her to it. That Axe has been in storage just like she has been. Obviously in a better equipped area!"

Sara nods to Mr. Twain. She sits down at the desk and pulls out that special paper and writing utensils. Then starts to writing a special note.

Mr. Twain looks over her shoulder "What are you writing?"

Sara says "It says basically....you caved into her demands in a polite way, more mannerism and asks her. Does she want me to go with the whole bunch of you? Because I can at least do a little talking with her, as we take her there. Then I will translate for you all, so you can communicate. Then she gets her possession back." Sara signs off at the bottom. then hands it to Twain "Take that to her and see what she says?"

She goes back to the couch and cracks open her school books. Then goes back to the school work, she needs catch up on. Mr. Twain pass the note to a guard.

Minutes later it arrives in my room. I pick it up off the desk and read it.

....the people in charge of this facility decided to give you your item back. We have only one question for you...do you want?... it says Sara's name in the equivalency of the language....to go with as an interpreter, or not, to retrieve your possession. As your possession is being held in a more secure part of the complex. Because it's dangerous. I nod at that thinking ' Ohh ya my Axe is very dangerous!'

I pull out another piece of paper, to scratch out my reply "Yes I want you to be translator, as I go pick up my item and I would be more than happy to chat with you on the way. Hopefully these people can be trusted to do this as stated. I trust you are honorable do this. No changes accepted!

I send that off with the next guard. Minutes go by as the note is taken to them.

Sara reads it "Well Mr. Twain she's accepted your terms, she basically saying 'yes' everything stated is fine. I'm to go with as a translator. She trusts me? Maybe because my name is on this? She may trust you after this, and we will make no changes to this agreement and it has got her seal, crest on it again." Sara hands him back the note.

"So I think I should meet her in the hallway outside of her room. As its the best spot to start."

Mr. Twain has Gunny Johnson come in and sets up all the plans for this with him. As the guards come in. Sara closes up her textbooks again...interrupted....

She sighs "I am not going to get my homework done at this rate."

Mr. Twain chuckles "Well consider this as extra credit, for any language courses you have?"

"I don't take a language course."

"Okay then, I will write a really nice letter to Dr. Otto and have him pass that on to your teachers for all your cooperation today?"

She nods "Whatever."

End this chapter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

With this launch I am trying to go a different route and I will release the story in smaller chapters to make it easier on me to get more out to you all much faster. As the rather large postings of my past got a 'little' too big!

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

This is fan fiction for the Whateley Academy series. It may or may not match the timeline, characters, and continuity, but since it's fan fiction, who cares? To see the canon Whateley Stories, check out Whateley Academy at (http://whateleyacademy.net (link is external))

And a little intro of me

I am an older guy who lives in California. I am doing this project to have fun and do something creative ( AKA the muse in my head finally won the fight!)

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keep that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good

good

Immortal

Immortal yet still can die. Atlast she can summon her full armour. Very interesting.

yep she can die now

shadowsblade's picture

yep she can die now, for the most part

because she is starting all over again

but death to her is a temporary thing ---in her mind its sleeping and healing
then she knows that the Dark ones can destroy her....then your dead for the most part. In this dimension at least

and she always had the armor. But using it shows aggression so, in the storage room she did not use it.

but seeing Sara, tipped an normally peaceful creature over the edge. Thus she used it!

if you have questions I can be contacted here or by the e-mail i listed in the intro

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Story great...

Really enjoying the story and it's hard to make a extremely powerful individual engaging so well done.

Could you shorten the blurb at the top of the chapter though as it made me miss where the story starts and it's all in the first chapter.

Steve

can do on the shorting the

shadowsblade's picture

can do on the shorting the intro

maybe I will move most of it to the bottom? and just leave a chapter description at the top?

love feed back!!!!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Liking this.

Podracer's picture

Vantier is indeed showing restraint, I would guess she isn't afraid of much, and would rather learn what is the local situation than rampage through the little humans. Probably thinks this is a much more profitable course, as well as honourable.

"Reach for the sun."

If I were Sara, I would

If I were Sara, I would be extremely cautious while being in the presences of this "immortal". As no-one yet knows her name, I will go with that.
I do think Sara definitely needs to get the priestess she said could speak this very old language to the facility right away, so both she and Sara can do more interpreting so that every one remains safe.
Hoping that the girl truly accepts Sara and has not set up a trap for her that she will spring once she has her Axe back in her possession.

really good story

really good story

Good story

I really like the story so far, you have really succeeded with the storytelling from Vantier's perspective.
You really need an editor though as there are countless of small errors in all of the chapters. The most noticeable error is the wrong use of question- and exclamation marks.
Good story otherwise!