In Too Deep - Ch 17

Printer-friendly version

Chapter Seventeen

Dana left for work the next morning without waking her husband. As she dressed for work, she took a long look at her sleeping spouse. Sloan was laying on his back with his gorgeous hair fanned out in a glowing halo around his face.

"He looks just like an angel", she thought.

Dana had loved this man almost from the moment that they met, but she had never really looked that deeply into the feelings that she had for Sloan Taylor. She only felt gratitude that this gorgeous, tender, caring man had been willing to spend his time, energy, and love for someone as undeserving as Dana Midkiff.

She had been astonished when she realized that he truly had feelings for her. Indeed, she had worried at first that Sloan was playing some cruel joke on her. Her small stature and childish features were a constant source of embarrassment for Dana, and it would not have been the first time that something humiliating was done to her. She had been victimized by boys many times before.

-In middle school some girls had admitted her into their social circle. They were friendly, popular, and pretty. They were everything that Dana wasn't. They invited her to Janet Behan's pool party/sleepover. During the evening, the girls gave each other makeovers. Dana was so excited just to be accepted, to feel like she belonged. The next day she awoke with her hair dyed a hideous purple and her eyebrows shaved off.

The girls all apologized and said they mixed up the bottles by accident. Dana's mother was livid. Janet's mother offered to pay for her to go to a salon for damage control. Unfortunately, the damage was pretty extensive and for three months Dana wore her hair very short and had to draw in her eyebrows, all the while enduring the sniggers of her so-called 'friends'.

As a freshman in high school, she had been invited to a party by an older boy that she had a crush on. It was a disaster as he disappeared with Amanda Stanton, one of the queen bees of her school, shortly after they arrived. She was ignored for over two hours while all the time feeling that people were laughing at her behind her back. She later learned that it was all a joke on her by Amanda and her little coven of followers.

What was worse was that she was afraid to call her mom for fear that Rich, her step-dad, would be the one to come get her. As a result, she ended up walking most of the way home and ruined her dress and new shoes in a downpour. Her mother was furious when Dana finally got in, soaking wet, at almost two in the morning. Rich had been out looking for her and punished her extensively the next morning while her mom was out shopping.-

Some people seem to go through life with a 'victim' tag hovering over them. Dana had always felt that way. She had horrible self-esteem issues, and her experiences only seemed to reinforce this problem. Although she was smart, beautiful, and had an amazing singing voice, she could never find the courage to perform. Instead, she worked tirelessly behind the scenes, doing the millions of necessary tasks that every production required.

When she left for the studio, her mind was a maelstrom of competing emotions. She loved Sloan. She needed him. Sloan was her soul mate.
Dana knew, beyond any doubt, that Sloan had the talent to become a star.

She also could not help worrying about the consequences of his getting his big break in this particular role. She could not help worrying about what ulterior motives Danielle and Matt Sharp might have for her and her husband. It was oft-rumored, within the industry, that Matt and Danielle Sharp had rather esoteric lifestyle tastes. The gossip sheets were always alluding to their indulging in activities that were 'outside the box' of what society considered a traditional marriage to be.

Actually, thought Dana, That isn't really all that weird for Hollywood, where 'alternative lifestyle' is almost considered mainstream.

If she went along with Danielle's plan, could she really afford to risk losing Sloan? She wanted to push things along for them; but, was she doing it to help her husband, or was she doing it to indulge her own sick and twisted cravings? She knew that the thought of what someone as commanding as Danielle Sharp could do to both of them was exciting to her. Exciting? It soaked her panties just to think about it.

Sloan was not like his wife. He was clean and sweet, a loving and tender man. How could she expose him to the risks of what the Sharp's might do to him? She tried to weigh the pros and cons objectively, but the dampness in her panties and the thundering of her heart made that impossible.

A single tear trailed its way down her cheek as she knew that the decision was out of her hands. She had never been a strong person, Rich Midkiff had seen to that. Her default setting was always submissive to the will of those who were stronger than her. Danielle Sharp had actually taken that decision out of her hands the very moment she proposed her plan.

When she arrived at the studio, Dana was not at all surprised to find that Danielle Sharp had left a message with her assistant. Opening the envelope she found a terse note.

Report to my office immediately.

No signature. A royal summons, with no pleasant greetings or professional courtesies.

Dana left her office in a hurry, without leaving instructions for her assistant. Her short legs moved quickly as she struggled to control the thudding drumbeat of her heart. When she arrived, Danielle's secretary notified the producer that Dana was waiting. The young blonde listened briefly, then instructed Dana to wait.

Wound tighter than a spring, Dana sat on the edge of her seat, fidgeting. After a few minutes, the secretary looked up at her.

"You may go in now"

Dana almost sprinted to the door, pausing to take a deep breath. Adjusting her clothing, nervously, and shuddering briefly, she entered Danielle Sharp's lair.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Chapter 15 - 17

waif's picture

I am kinda weirded out that more people are reading and responding to chapter 16 and it has more kudos. I think was probably a mistake to post them at the same time as i think a lot of people may have skipped 15. Either that, or people are just re-reading chapter 16.

Anyway, I posted ch 17 and will wait a bit before adding 18.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

So far, I have been Intrigued by this story.....

D. Eden's picture

But I am afraid that will change. You see, I abhor people who abuse other people, who take pleasure in inflicting pain - both physical and mental - on others, and that is obviously where I see this going.

Dana may be a willing victim in this, but I truly doubt that Sloan is. What's more, I am afraid that the next chapter will find Dana being pushed to do things she should not be doing. It is obvious that she is already being manipulated, and that even though she knows it she cannot stop it.

You see, I dedicated a good portion of my life to fighting the users and abusers in the world - and reading this is giving me that feeling that I used to get before entering combat. The feeling that I was about to do what truly needed to be done, but would place another stain on my soul in the doing.

Reading stories in which a character that I identify somewhat with, kind of like Sloan, who is then used or hurt by someone else.......

They leave me feeling helpless - and usually in tears. My inability to do anything more than read on literally causes me physical pain. My need to step in and stop the abuse is so strong that my frustration actually hurts.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I Try Not To...

waif's picture

...put people into boxes. the world is diverse and this site should be a clear indication of that diversity. I label my story that there will be explicit content and female domination and identity crisis and bondage/BDSM. I am not into pain, bloodsport, or anything that leaves a mark. Some people not only tolerate, but embrace a lifestyle that accepts those things. This is not a hardcore S&M story, but it does involve people who live a Domination/submission lifestyle.

Many of the things that Dana (the character that I most identify with) has experienced, and is experiencing, are things that reflect events in my own life. I know that there is a wide spectrum of sexuality out there, and the popularity of books and films that portray that diversity have a huge following. This is not intended to be a D/s or wife-swapping or cuckold story. It is the story of a loving couple who both harbor things that make them feel insecure in their socially-accepted roles as man and woman as well as wife and husband.

They are not caricatures, but flawed human beings who struggle with their own self-awareness. It is a struggle that many of us experience, whether it be gender identity, sexual roles, self-worth, or the impact of what others may have done to scar us.

Is it abuse when a man goes to a professional Dominatrix and asks her to spank him? Is it abuse when a husband and wife role-play a rape fantasy? Is it abuse when consenting adults participate in sexual acts that do not affect those who are not party to the acts?

I did not want to sugar-coat Dana's background. She has some serious scars. She is struggling with her own demons and desires as well as her love for her husband. Sloan is also struggling with things he has not shared with his wife. They love each other, but is their love for each other enough? Should Dana hold back Sloan and deny him his dream? If she did that, would she always worry about her past rearing up and destroying them?

I chose the title based on those issues that Sloan, Dana, Matt, and Danielle will each have to overcome. Sloan wants to be a star, and has unresolved issues relating to cross-dressing. Dana loves Sloan and wants him to be a success, but struggles with her own dark past and desires. Danielle loves dominating men and women and enjoys the role. She wants both Sloan and Dana as toys to play with, but she needs to keep their production company successful. Matt is driven to dominate, and enjoys the control it gives him, as well as the pleasure of watching his wife play; however, he cannot throw millions of dollars and his own professional reputation away by casting a nobody just to satisfy his wife's whims.

I understand anyone having concerns with where you think the story may be going. I hope you stay for the whole ride, but I certainly will not bear any malice if anyone decides that this topic is not their cup of tea.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Early on, the Sharps appeared

Early on, the Sharps appeared to be a bit more sinister, but later events have shown that to be less so, more that they enjoy a particukar lifestyle, but they do care and respect, the others involved. It will be interesting to see how they react to Dana (and Slian) who bring in some baggage that they are not aware of.
If the strory brings you pain, I sincerely suggest you dont go on with it. There are certain things I avoid for much the same reason, knowing that the author has mo intentions to hurt, but that my particular sensitivities cause the reaction.
Nice discussion.

You and I will talk back and forth, don't worry

Post your chapters a day or two apart. That way if you write in a cliff hanger, it will be effective.
Also, we will hunger for more.

Karen

Errors...

waif's picture

...of a first-time Author.

I have learned a lot.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.