The Promotion Chapter 08: Meeting the Maid.

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 08: Meeting the maid.
As the Miss Amanda, Paula and I entered, we looked in awe at my decorated house that was oozed sophistication and elegance, the inside the house was painted in pretty lavender, paintings from Andy Warhol to Francesco Goya were on every wall in the house. As we stand at the front door I woman I never seen before walked out of the kitchen “hello ladies, My name is Lisa Hayward, the maid of Miss Deborah Pierce”. Miss Amanda glanced at me with a surprised look on her face “well, what a pleasant surprise, Ms. Hayward This is Miss Deborah the homeowner and This is Paula My assistant.” Said Miss Amanda. Lisa then shook me and Paula’s hand “very nice to meet you all especially you Miss Deborah.” She said with a smile. Miss Amanda then brought her attention to me “Deborah darling, it was good to see you but Paula and I have other business to attend to we have to leave, I will call you in a couple hours to have a talk.” She said as she air kissed both sides of my face and left without me or her saying a word, it was a weird moment. “would you like me to take your jacket, Ms. Pierce?” Lisa said “Yes, thank you.” Lisa then zipped down my jacket and hung up on the coat rack by the front door. “would you like a tour of the house Miss Deborah?” said Lisa with a kind smile. I smiled back at her “yes, that would be lovely.”.

Me and Lisa toured the entire house, my house had 2 beds 2 baths, a library room, a den, observatory and big back yard “since its November all the flowers are dead, but come spring this place will be wild and vibrant and a true example of how beautiful this neighborhood is.”. After a few minutes of getting to know Lisa, she was your usual maid, she was very short and plump, she had a moon shaped face and her grey hair was in a tight bun and she wore a black with white maid’s uniform, She was a hard worker, she even had gold pin on the collar of her uniform that said “ I love to clean.” It was actually kind of adorable. After we finished up the tour, Lisa escorted me to the Media room to watch a movie, the room was huge with a big 48 inch TV, next too the television was also 2 giant stacks of dvd’s. “ah yes the dvd’s, I’m sorry to say this but we don’t have cable in this house, so for the next two weeks so all you can watch is Dvd’s at this moment.” Lisa said. “but I don’t you will be watch that much Tv anyways .” “very true, may I please watch a movie now Lisa? I need something to do while I wait for Miss Amanda to call.” I said in calm tone. “of course Miss Deborah, I want to inform you about the way I organized these Dvd’s first, on left is movies and on the right is T.v shows, including The Jane Fonda exercise videos.” Lisa said. “well I’m not really in the mood to do crunches at the moment, so I’ll take a movie.” I said trying to humor Lisa, “excellent choice Miss Deborah, what will your choice of movie be?” said Lisa, “Surprise me.” I said trying not sounding rude or condescending. “Alright, I think you should watch the 1940s film “to have and to have not.” With Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart.” I looked at Lisa in surprise “never seen it, what the hell, lets watch it.” I said trying to sound calm and charismatic.
About halfway through movie I heard the phone rang, Lisa Picked up “hello? ah yes Miss Amanda she has been in expecting you.” I then picked up the phone next my new recliner “Hello? Miss Amanda?” Miss Amanda voice came through the phone “ah Miss Deborah Darling, glad to hear from you again, I hear you’re all settled in, how you like the house?” “It’s wonderful Miss Amanda, the yard is especially beautiful.” I said trying better to imitate an eloquent ladies way of speaking. “if you that’s beautiful, you should see your closet, which reminds me, I special ordered a couple of outfits for you, 2 Dresses formal events that will be coming up and suit to wear for church tomorrow.” Said Miss Amanda. “Church?” I said in a confused voice “yes darling, Church all the ladies at Margret square go church on Sunday, including you.” Said Miss Amanda with a serious tone, “I haven’t been to church in so long, aren’t they going to shun me because I’m well… a little different?’ I said with concern. “No darling, it’s not that type church, the only thing that would get you shunned would be if your eyeshadow didn’t match your outfit.” Miss Amanda said trying to be humorous. “Oh, well ok, were do I pick up these outfits.” I said “it’s in the city, it’s in a warehouse in the garment district, and there you’ll meet Miss Zita, Your seamstress.” Miss Amanda said “ok, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” I said as I hung up the phone after me and Miss Amanda said are goodbyes. I then got out of my comfy recliner, I then shouted for Lisa “Lisa, I will be going to the city for an hour or two to pick up some outfits Miss Amanda ordered for me, I need your help pick out something to wear to meet my seamstress, I can’t go out to the city dressed like this, I look like I just did yoga in central Park.”

I said. “Understandable, Miss Amanda Told me to assistant you picking outfits and doing your beauty remedies for the next couple of days till you learn and development the skills on how to do it yourself.” Lisa said “ok, that makes sense.” I said. Lisa then escorted me to huge bedroom and open the door my closet, it is a walk in closet that was a size of a small prison cell, it had separated rows for my business suits, blouses and sweaters on the left and pants, skirts and dresses on the right and shoes that took up half the floor of the floor of closet from heels, to boots, to sneakers, simple flats”. I looked at the whole in amazement for what seemed to be a long time till Lisa snapped me out of it “I think you should lose the track pants and replace it with a nice pair of slacks.” she then pulled a pair of black ladies dress pants from the rack on right. “And I think your sweater is fine for the occasion but could use some jewelry.” She then went my nightstand and pulled a gold chained necklace with a heart pendant and put it in my hand “oh honey, unless you’re going for a run or your prisoner at Rikers, you do not need to wear those sneakers.” She then pulled the sneakers of my feet and put a pair of pointed toe high heeled calf length boots and put them in front both my feet. “Last thing you need is a cute fall jacket, I will go to the coat roam and get you one, you put all this on in the meantime.” Lisa said. As soon as I put everything Lisa came running back with a red leather coat in her hand “ah, much better and you walk in those heels better than most women, wow.” she then handed me coat “just to let you know everything you have right now is by “Miss Amanda fashions” besides the jewelry.” Lisa said being informative as always “and the coat you are wearing today Miss Deborah is Italian leather blazer style coat with fleece lining to keep you warm.” As soon I left my closet Lisa handed me a red leather purse “hmm, your makeups a little worn off, I’ll fix that.” Lisa said as she sat me down on my new vanity table and applied black eye shadow to give me Smokey look and a darker shade of red lipstick “there we go, you look absolutely beautiful.” Lisa said with a smile. Lisa then quickly escorted me quickly to the front door of the house “supper will be ready by the time you get back Deborah, it’s still bright and sunny out so here is your sunglasses from earlier and the keys to your car.” “Excellent, thank you Lisa, I really appreciate all this.” I said “no problem Miss Deborah.” Lisa said with a bright smile. I then walked at the door and got into the car and started the engine of my brand new Cadillac.

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos