Shadowsblade: Ride to the light.

Printer-friendly version

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without!

In this part:

Rohanna recovers from a fight and has a ride for fun!

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box that changes him into a Drow (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the sudden change. Then all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has the 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with, all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

Shadowsblade here.

this story is the original, the first one I did.

I reedited it and added it to here, You may have read it on fictionmania. But I have added some to this story and edited and cleaned it up a bit so you might want to try it again?

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Thursday, March 1 4:55 am
The Grove---the campus access road

Tee-Kay gasps out "Ohhh shit we killed her!" at seeing the sight of the girl smashing into the rock and laying so still.

Nitro walks slowly over to the still form and gives it a nudge with his shoe "You okay Rohanna?" he asks unsure if he should even touch her.

He hears nothing coming form the still body, not even breathing and that scares him badly! He kneels down at the group of large rocks, rolls the still elf over a little.

Now he sees all the blood covering her head, the large puddle of it spreading on the snow and then lets her roll back onto the rocks side "Ohhh shit she is dead! WE ARE SO FUCKED!"

TK tells them in a not so worried voice of reason "Hey no one knows we were here. It could have been anyone? She even had people trying to kill her in Boston?"

"DAMN dyke had it coming anyway, for embarrassing me in front of the whole school!" Truck adds his own words to the mess at hand.

Nitro looks up at both of them from his kneeling by the body, as he warns them in a shaky voice "You do know if anyone finds out? She is one of Sara's and Fey's...they will come and off us for sure....that I have no doubt!"

"Don't worry you little pussy!" Truck warns back.

Nitro stands up with a jolt of fear and suddenly grabs Trucks jacket. Then yells into his face "YOU asshole! What did you get us into! We are dead men!"

"Shut it...besides. I am not the one who tossed her and then blasted her to death!"

"They will not care!" Nitro warns again "Sara is a fucking demon! They don't forgive! AND Fey, she is so nuts powerful at times...it scares the teachers!"

"If Fey comes, we can handle that" Truck adds.

"And Sara? Remember, she took a fifty shot to the head and walked it off! Can you do that!"

TK then hears someone coming up the jogging path toward them all, he then shouts at both of his buddies "Lets go! I hear someone coming!"

Both TK and Nitro runaway from the scene of the deed, as fast as they can. But Truck stands there and yells out one more time at the still form "DAMN DYKE! SHE HAD IT COMING!" and runs off.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 4:55 am
The Grove---the campus access road

Stormwolf or Adam, is doing his morning run on the campus access road, usually he runs with at least one of his team mates or a security person. But this morning all of them were busy and he set off on his morning run alone.

He runs on, his pace is fast and is coming near to the Grove section of the path. When he hears several large booms, off around the next corner just out of his sightline.

'Wonder what that was?' he thinks 'Rohanna was warned not to practice big spells out there? So what else makes that much noise this early?'

He starts to run even faster now, just incase there is trouble ahead that needs his attention. When the next section of trail comes into his view, he watches as two guys run off and a third stands over a large rock, with what looks like a body laying at its base.

What he hears from the last person shocks him "DAMN DYKE! SHE HAD IT COMING!" and the last guys runs off fast.

He knows that backside rather well! As he has had to chase after it many times this year. 'It has to be Truck, that moron is at it again!' Adam's inner voice says.

When he gets to the large rock and looks down. What he sees stuns him to the core, all the blood and how very still the body laying there is.

"Ohhh shit! NO!" Adam yells as he kneels down, looks the body over and sees it's not breathing at all. He wants to move it, but hesitates and then risks it. He has too! A neck injury or dieing are the only two issues to chose from and death is not an option!

Once the body is rolled over, he knows who it is instantly by the color of the skin "Rohanna! damn it!" he shouts to no avail.

He then clears her airway of blood and moves her as gently as possible. The sounds of bones out of place and grinding will never leave him. Once the airway is clear, he gives her a one puff of mouth to mouth and a bubble of blood comes out. Then she gasps for a second for air and then lays still....barely breathing.

He SO wants to run after the three who did this, but he grabs his small clipped radio from his pants belt "Hey it's Stormwolf on the trail behind Poe!"

"What's up?" the radio barely crackles to life, as the signals from anywhere near the Grove are sketchy at best.

"I have a student down, she is hurt real bad here. Send an ambulance with full support trauma team...NOW!"

-----------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 4:55 am
Kane Hall tower
Samantha Everheart's apartment

Sam is just stepping out of the shower, when the security radio net goes nuts in her head! Her on-board computer, that makes up most of her brain. It intercepts the call from Stormwolf.

"Who is hurt!" she shouts at the net.

"Rohanna...the dark elf" she hears back.

Sam scrambles into her underwear as she asks "How bad Adam?"

"She was not breathing when I got to her! There is blood everywhere!"

"What happened?" she asks, as she slides into her ready jumpsuit.

"I saw someone standing over her and two others ran off. I am really sure that one I saw...it was Truck?" he hesitates thinking "You can guess who the other two where?"

"Adam, wait till I get there and then we will handle this!" and her boots slide on, with a zip they close. Now she jumps to her feet and runs down the stairs from her on campus apartment.

Adam's wait for the medical team to arrive is a short one. Once the ambulance screeches to a halt, he watches on as doc Tenent jump out of the large vehicle and she runs over to him.

"How long was she out!" she asks him, while setting down a large bag a medical supplies.

"I am not sure? I got here after the fight was over. But I would say less than five minutes or so?"

"Was she breathing?"

"Not when I got here."

The doc pulls a large hand held instrument from the bag, then runs a scanner over the elf and goes to use a smelling salt to see if that works. It does not, she then takes a oxygen mask from a waiting nurse and places it on the elf's face.

"Get a full body board over here, she is hurt bad!" she yells at one of the ambulance attendants.

As a tech grabs that body board, Sam and most of the security team arrives riding in five jeeps. Sam does not even wait for the jeep to stop, before she leaps out.

She points at one of her men and shouts "Photos of all of this...get the shoe prints and the names of all here. We will use that later on to prove who did this!"

Sam takes a knee by the doc working on the elf "How bad Ophelia?"

"Bad....almost as bad as Sunday night."

"She going to make it?"

"I am sure she will, but she will remember this!"

As the tech brings that body board to the doc, a voice comes from the woods and it shouts out very loudly and almost unhuman in its tone. "Humans! Leave our fallen Drow alone!"

Sam stands up fast at that sound and spins to look at the Grove, as dozens of Pixies fly out of it. The next thing that shows up from the Grove, is a very beautiful blonde woman who warns her as she walks forward and fades into view "Do not touch my Mistress any more human!"

Just after that warning is said, six more blondes, fade from nothing and join her at her side. Each one has an unearthly beauty and is dressed only in gowns of see-through cloth. Then five more women, with fiery red hair and eyes of burning coal and dresses that look the same. They move as a group to stand to one side of the group of blonde women.

A small Pixie flies, from the large pack of Pixies hovering at the Groves edge and right up to Sam's face and screams at her "WE will take care of her! Back way or we will take her by force!"

"Violet?" Sam questions the small Fae.

"Yes! that is me!"

"We can help her?"

"You have done enough.....go away!" the small Pixie shouts and waves a very nasty spear in her face.

One of the guards starts to raise a rifle to his shoulder and readies it to fire.

The five red headed women in the large group, when they notice him do that, burst into flames and hot lava drips off their forms to splash on the ground. The boiling lava plops onto the ground and starts small fires. Then as a group, they start to walk menacingly toward the guards.

Then the dozens of Pixies flying all about at the edge of the Grove, make their weapons ready and spells start to glow from some of them, as they start chanting them up.

The next thing Sam notices, is the ghostly form of an elf float out of the Grove joined by three others. Her computer ID's the three new targets instantly!....BaneSidhe! One scream from them and everyone here that is human....dies.

Sam orders the group of guards before they act rashly "Everyone! Guns down! Those are BaneSidhe and can kill all of us. Let them take her."

All the guards listen to her instantly, as she is the leader here. Three of the guards don't even have to be told to stand still, as they tangled with Pixies at the hospital this last week and know they are nasty, dangerous fighters!

"Sam! you can't let them take her. She is in no shape for that?" Tenent warns.

"And what Ophelia? I am out gunned here!" Sam shrugs

She nods and stands back from the fallen elf. Two of the blonde women come over to the body, both dressed in see-thru gowns and one waves a hand over the Drow as she chants a spell. Once that spell does its job, the Drow's body floats gently off the ground and toward the Grove.

Doc Tennant, can't help to warn them "Please be gentle with her, she is hurt very bad."

"We will, as we always do" is all they say in voices that draw a want for sex from all that hear them.

Violet then flies up to Sam, as the still Drow floats past then and says softly "We take care of our own."

Once the three have moved the fallen Drow beyond sight, All the creatures fade back into the Grove.....all save one. Violet!

She screams out at the large group of humans "Find who did this! OR WE WILL!" and she fades away.

Sam lets out the breath she was holding, not that she really breaths anymore! "Well people we have a job to do!" Sam, she knows that was no warning...Not a threat at all? It was a promise! And the idea of that Grove's denizens coming onto the campus to hunt down students, it frightens her badly.

She grabs onto Stormwolf, pulls him to a jeep and hands him a pad "Adam, fill out a witness report as best you can? Then can you swear, that the one you saw run off was Truck?"

He nods "Yes I will, I know that backside ooohh tooo well. From all the times I have had to chase him down! Besides....he said 'damn dyke had it coming!''

"Ohh that makes it a sure thing then! She was the only one he had a beef with!"

She then points at the group of guards "I want Truck, Nitro and Tee-Kay here now! Make sure to gather all their clothes for DNA evidence and shoes!.....GO!" she shouts

---------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 4:55 am
Poe cottage--- Lovecraft room

Sara was having her fun with Hipp, when she feels that one close to her is hurt and hurt bad. Since Hipp is here and she is one of her 'marked' friends. She is not the one hurt? Then add if any of her 'marked' Loves got hurt, she would know all of it!

So it can only be two others that she cares for, Feral or Rohanna!

She leaps out of the bed and the fun happening there, then grabs a thin robe and whisks it on to her body.

Hipp asks Sara, just before she flies out the door "What!"

"Someone we all know is hurt....One of my close friends! I felt it!" and she runs up the stairs of Poe.

On the first floor, she runs to Rohanna's room and opens the door. To find no one there and the bed had not been slept in! She curses the empty room and then slams the door shut.

Next, she runs to Nikki's room and bangs on the door till Toni answers it. When Toni opens the door just a crack, she shoves her aside and leaps to the elf's bed. Where she starts shaking Nikki awake.

"Wake up! You silly fairy! Wake up!" she shouts till Nikki's eyes pop open.

"What! Sara! What!" Nikki shouts back groggy and not all that awake yet.

Sara taps the side of Nikki's head "Aung I need you and NOW!" she roars in the red headed teens face.

"What Sara child? What is the urgent need?" Aung's regal mannered voice comes to the surface and asks.

"Was Rohanna out in the Grove with you just now?"

"Why no, I was with Nikki going over spells....why do you ask?"

"I felt someone near me get hurt and bad!"

Sara jumps off Nikki and almost runs out the door....almost....Hipp was already standing in the door and since she fills it. No one just 'runs' past her.

"Out of the way Hipp!" she shouts out and Hipp moves as fast as she can out of the doorway.

A wind blows down the hallway, as Sara runs down it to Feral's room, she slams open the door, to find a trail of blood going from the window, to Feral in her room munching on something a little more than bloody. Feral looks at Sara with wide cat-like eyes and blood dripping from her fangs "What?" she questions her friend and sometimes love.

"Have you seen Rohanna?"

"Nope not in the woods tonight, then add to that! She can go where I can't, into the Grove and I can't even think to track her out there....I tried one night! She is too good at losing people that one!"

"SHIT!" she screams out in frustration, then yells at the whole hallway "Anyone seen Rohanna?!"

Gwen's door opens to that shout and she peaks out slowly, then she yawns out while stretching "Not me? Why?"

After she hears that answer from the small elf and gets no other replies from the long hallway. Sara runs back to Fey's door and flows her form like nearly water under Hipp's large body this time! Then regains her spot sitting on the redheads chest "Nikki! Rohanna got her bike yesterday, any chance she is out riding it?"

Aung is the one who answers from the teens body, this time "Why no Sara, the spell she placed on it last night, it needs at least the full night to set correctly and fully? Why do you ask yet again?"

"I just know someone close to me is hurt and its not one of my loves...if you get my meaning? So that leaves Feral and Rohanna! Since Feral is in her room eating....something....ahh juicy! It's Rohanna that must be injured!" she says then starts to tear up.

"Sara, if she was a regular Sidhe, like Gwen or the others? I would know where she is. But since she is a 'changed' Drow? I or no other, can really track her down....that is how she was re-made." Aung reluctantly admits.

Hipp asks softly from her standing in the doorway "Has anyone tried to call her? She does have a cell phone ya know?"

Sara reaches out with her arm stretched to nearly five feet, then snatches Nikki's phone off her work desk across the room and goes through the list. Once she finds the right number, she hits it and it rings. After four rings, the voice mail answers in a commuter voice for the missing Rohanna.

Sara is nearly crushed by that silence and sighs with sadness.

"Well I guess it's off then? Or in her storage?" Toni adds.

Gwen yawns from just behind Hipp "Well someone has to show her how to set-up that voice mail and soon! But what's the big deal anyway? She goes out for hours out in the Grove?"

"Like I just said! I felt someone I know get hurt! And Rohanna is the only one I can't find right now!"

"So? We all go look for her? And start where? She can teleport across the WHOLE nation! She did that and got us all burgers last week from cali!"

Toni licks her lips, as the drool starts at that thought "Boy were they good! I have to convince her to do that again!"

Go-Go runs into Poe from her morning jog around the campus....ten laps and only twenty minutes it took. But this morning, it was different! Way different! She sees the gathering in the first floor hallway and instead of dashing upstairs. She sprints over there to them.

"Didyouguysheartheambulancecomeout?" she spouts out.

"No Go-Go? Why, as an ambulance goes to Doyle almost everyday?" Gwen asks.

"ButthistimeitleftDoyleandwenttostopjustbehindHawthorneandPoe!"

"Behind Poe? Where the Grove is at?"

She nods back "Andawholebunchofguardstoo!"

Gwen yelps from just behind the huge wall that is Hipp "Hey Go-Go says there is something going on with a ambulance and guards just behind Poe near the Grove!...ya think that's Ro!"

Sara jumps up to tries and run past Hipp again. But Hipp stops the demon girl with a gentle hand to her chest "Get dressed first." she says.

"But!" Sara starts.

"No buts...In five minutes she will still be hurt, if she is indeed hurt?"

"But?"

"And if she is dead? Being there five minutes sooner will not help either?" Hipp adds.

Sara shrugs back "You're right I will go get dressed!" and off she walks at a more than sad pace.

In just a few minutes, most of those Poe girls are walking out in the snow toward the Grove and the access road. When they get there, what they see is organized confusion. Guards running around, gathering up things from the ground and more are taking photos.

Sara spots doc Tenent loading her tools of the trade into a ambulance and speeds over to her. "Ophelia! What gives!" she asks.

The doc spins about to face the voice she just heard, from her loading her medical supplies back into her ride, to talk to the demon girl now walking toward her at a fast pace "Sara? don't get all mad?" she now advises.

"MAD AT WHAT!" she hisses now knowing this....IS bad!

"Sara, it was Rohanna. She got hurt."

"Who or what did it......and where are their bodies!" Sara asks, as Rohanna would certainly hurt others who attacked her and bad!

"We all think....that she did not even fight back. She just let them beat on her."

"How bad was she hurt?" Sara cries.

Ophelia just points to the large rock across the clearing, with five guards taking photos of it and gathering samples.

When Sara sees all the fresh silver blood on the rock and the snow. She falls to her knees in it and sobs out "Is she dead?"

"No, she was hurt very badly."

"Then where is she! Why aren't you working on her!" Sara demands as dark shadows grow around her.

"The creatures of the Grove....they took her back, via force. We had no choice on that, it was either let them take her or they would have killed us all and still took her."

Nikki is running to the same place as Sara is at, she feels Sara's pain and anguish, then she quickens her pace. Gwen is speeding right next to her. Both of them arrive and see the saddened Sara kneeling in the snow. Both elves hear the doctors last words, as she is not being quiet with them!

"Is what I just overheard true doc Tenent!" Nikki asks.

"Yes...she was hurt and the Grove reclaimed her."

Sara asks again from her black tear covered face. "Who or what did this?"

"Only Sam has that answer...Sara?"

Sara then leaps to her feet and searches out the area for Everheart to vent her growing rage on. Once she sees her, Sara runs towards her while screaming at her "Who did this SAM! I want them now!"

"Sara...I have this. I will tell you when I am done."

"I want justice!" Sara bellows at her

"AND SO DO I! But I have laws to obey!" Sam barks back at the raging teen.

Gwen hears all that yelling back and forth. Then screams herself above the others "Well I can do something!" and she walks into the Grove. But this time unlike most times she goes in, there is no resistance to her. It seems to be 'pulling ' her into it.

Nikki sees how fast Gwen is moving and follows, but not before yelling back over her shoulder "We will go find her and see how she is! Be right back, I promise!"

Sam Everheart's radio clicks inside her head "Hey boss, we are ready. Found all three in their rooms. Have at least six men, at each door standing by?"

"Wait till I am there, I want to be in on Truck's door and we all go at the same time!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Not just twenty minutes later, three teams of guards stand silently in three different hallways. They get ready at the door to a dorm room and the sound of three clicks on a radio. All three doors fly open at the same time.

Sam bursts into room in a well practiced pattern, that was burned into her by her many years as a SEAL operator and covers the room with four other men.

She yells at a boy standing there naked "Truck! Don't move Don't even breath!"

"Whaaaaat?" comes the most moronic tone from him.

"You might be in trouble!" she tells him, as two others go to grab his arms.

"What did I do?" he asks, but the tone is so far off. Anyone can tell he is lying!

As the men have him and one looks for his fresh clothes. She snickers out "Was it that cold out?" But she does not go farther with the stabbing joke on the boy. But mentally laughs "Rohanna was right...he is lacking in both brains and 'junk'!..."

Sam waves at the hallway and a evidence tech comes into the room. Then she gathers up Truck's still warm clothes and scans them all. As she sees the boy dressing, she snickers too! As she just got the joke Sam said.

Sam asks the nearly giggling tech "Well?"

"There is blood still on his gloves and sleeves. Then there is a nice bunch on his shoes and the tread pattern matches what was at the scene" then she keeps scanning the room while thinking.

"So the blood is?" she leads the tech to answer and not think this out for hours!

"Ohh right boss lady! It can only be Rohanna's Blood. No other kid in Whateley has her type...heck, no one in the world has her blood for that matter!"

As Truck is being lead out the door, Sam whacks the boy in the back of the head "I told you not to go and mess with Rohanna....DID I NOT! Or was I not clear to you?"

"I did nothing, you have to prove it!"

"We already did bright boy!" she sasses him "Boot prints, blood and DNA. Then add someone saw you there and what you said before you ran off!"

"Who! They are lying!"

"Stormwolf and you know as well as I do. He does not lie!"

Truck's head goes down, he knows he is doomed.

"Take him straight to Carson's office" she tells the guard now holding his arms, then she leans over to whisper in Trucks ear "Son I do not envy you right now. Carson....Hartford...Shugendo? All up this early in the morning and mad! Then add Carson has to call Rohanna's guardian?....wooof!"

"So what? They are just other elves?"

"No my boy! Her guardian is Fey's dad!"

Even Truck knew who that was! It paid in the long run, to know who was the big fish or the parents who were big fish! Of the kids going to school here. His eyes almost glazed over in the shock of that thought.


--------------------------------------------------------------

Gwen does not know the Grove well, but is in the lead for now and when she gets to its center. Nikki takes over the lead, as she seems to know where to go? Or is drawn to where she needs to be?

As the both of them round the next corner of bushes, they see a large water spring and several Nymphs are at the far edge of it, standing in the water. The group seems to be gathered around one person laying in a swallow part of the waters and they are chanting up a spell over them.

Nikki watches as a BaneSidhe wafts past them on its way out of the water spring clearing. Aunghadhail warns both of them, via talking through Nikki "Do not stare to long at one of those, that may gain the attention of it and you do not want that! The BaneSidhe wail that Nikki did in the combat final a few months back. The power of it, was small compared to the real thing!"

Then suddenly, a angry and very agitated Violet flies right up into Gwen's and Nikki's face from the undergrowth. She is crying and screaming at the same time at both of them "The HUMANS did this to her! That world you just left behind, it does not deserve her or her protection from evil!

All of us Fae, we should just stay here and wait till that world ROTS and then we can come back and claim the wreckage! Please....when she wakes, convince her to stay here. That world is not ready for her or her it?" the small Pixie, begs them both and sobs out now.

Gwen in her own way, she sees the tiny Pixies reason and in some ways...she is right. But she has grown to know better, as Aunghadhail has influenced her that the human world needs the Fae and needs it badly. Or it will all come crashing down around them.

"Violet? Please calm down. How is Ro?" Nikki asks.

"She was hurt bad, but the healers are almost done with the major spell work to get her up and going" Violet's none to happy voice informs them.

Gwen and Nikki slowly walk over to the pools edge. They try to look over or between the gathered nymphs, to see the damage done on their friends body. Major bruising is healing all over her ribcage on the left side, her left arm at the shoulder is bruised badly, with the bones just now being re-set and then large gashes in her skin on her head, are being healed right now via a healers touch to them.

Right then, the Drow laying in the very sallow waters, she begins thrashing about and all the nymphs stand back, to keep from being struck.

As the Drow thrashes about, a sword appears in her hand and starts to swing all around wildly searching for a target.

Gwen can tell Rohanna must be disorientated or trapped in her last thoughts before she fell unconscious. So she whispers out softly to the thrashing Drow friend of hers.

"Rohanna, your safe. We are all in the Grove, the fight is long over."

------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere?

My feet seem to be going somewhere? Just dragging one step after another to? I seem to be in a forest or a very dense Grove? 'Where am I?' Is the only thoughts I have!

The walk goes on at a steady pace, till a clearing shows up ahead and I rush toward it in a run now! Once in the great open area of land, my eyes see a bold line of rock at my feet and its smooth as glass?

Across the break caused by the line of rock, I can see two things!

One is a large stone building or almost castle. Just in its wide doors, my vision can make out? My old fallen fellow Drow friends, ones from the first of the long fight and then some from those last harsh days.....before.....this!

The other? Is a house in the valley north of LA.....home. Mom and Dad's HOME! The lights are on and I can just barely hear the TV playing a favorite show of mine. On the wide porch are both of them, standing, waiting.

On both sides of the world, they beckon me, call to me and welcome me. One has a warriors feast all set out with everything you could ever want! The other, a simple home cooked meal.

I walk toward the center, but do I choose now? Or what forever?

A voice comes from just behind me "No, you have earned both, no choice to make. Have each in any amounts you desire."

I go to leap at the line of smooth rock and cross it.

But I am snatched by thousands of arms, each says I have to stay and fight even more...harder...longer. I don't want to anymore. But they drag me back and tell me I am not done, I have others to teach and children to have.

But no! I swing out, kick, thrash and a sword comes out seeking to end this....thing holding me back!

Then

I hear....barely.... a whisper on the winds.

"Rohanna, you're safe. We are all in the Grove, the fight is long over."

A trusted new friends voice.

So I stop my fighting at its urging.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When those eyes of mine snap open and I find myself in the Grove. All I can do is scream! And scream loud and long in pain!

When that fails me and I get nowhere with it. I curl up in the shallow standing waters and cry out "Why did you all pull me back! I was there, just there. The feast...home...just there!"

The nymphs go to help me, but have no idea why I am so mad at them....mad at the world? When a hand of theirs touches me, I thrash about till it's touch is gone. The leader renews her healing spell as best she can on me for a few minutes, at least till I stand up and walkout of the shallows of the spring with a bad limp on my left leg.

She calls to me, in her lovely voice "Guardian? I am not done, I can heal you more?"

One of my hands grabs that stack of my clothes, that I find always rests on the bank and fully cleaned when I have to visit here....when I am hurt! I pull the top onto me with some difficulty with that freshly healed shoulder. The pain is excruciating from both it and my left side.

As that shirt, gets pulled over my head and GAEA my head hurts! The nymphs have made room enough for me to see that Nikki and Gwen are standing there staring at me

"Well what are you looking at! Never seen a Drow come back from the after life!" I howl at both.

"You died?" Gwen asks me in a tone that is unsure of what to make of my last statement.

"I am sure I did....and THEN all this bullshit here! It pulled me back!"

Nikki rushes to me and tries to help me out. But I swat her away "Leave me be! DAMN IT!"

As I pass by her on my way to the Groves center, Nikki asks me in a quiet tone of needing to know and caring for me "Ro? Are you sure you died? It may have been a dream?"

"DREAM!" I shout back "That was my reward.....the one my Drow part has pursued..... all.....all its long life and my human part. It saw its....its...parents!" I sob now and the tears are flowing, as they have only done a few times.

"But you're back with us, among friends? Is that not good?"

"NO! I had no choice BUT to be dragged back here! That Drow in me wanted that so bad she....she...would kill for it! HECK she DID so, many, many times!"

I drop onto the large stump and one of the water Nymphs knows to bring my shoes to me. She places them next to me and after she watches me struggle with them. She helps me put them on, as I can't bend that far for right now and when done, she helps me back to my feet.

When Gwen sees how much pain I am in, she rushes to me and helps me stand "Ro, you should rest here like you always do? When have to come out here to the Grove, to heal up when you get hurt?"

"NO! I have to get stuff done! The FUCKING world said so! GAEA! said so!"

"You think Gaea spoke to you just now?" Aunghadhail says through Nikki.

"YES! and who else would do this too me? Temp me.....tell me...show me that reward...THEN yank it all way!" I stutter deeply in the blend of anger and sadness combined.

I try to walk out of the Grove and Gwen steps up to help me on my right side as best she can. Nikki grabs the other arm as best she can, with its injury that I refuse to get healed.

As we exit the Grove, we all three notice a guard jeep parked there on the access road and they have spotted us. Both men jump out, when they see us and start to run over to our group.

As they both of them start to run over to us, one starts to yell questions at us "What is going on here?" he asks and all I can think is right now 'I do not want to talk about this just yet, to anyone!'

I whisper to both Gwen and Nikki "We are porting...be ready?"

I get more than a nod back and we port.


--------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 7:15 am
Kane hall parking lot

This port ended right next to my new bike and the casting circle I laid around it.

Once Gwen and Nikki get their bearings to where we are. Both ask me in near unison "Why are we here and not Poe?"

"I have chores to do first, no rest for the recent dead!" I try and jest them, but I am so mad at the world now. It comes out more of a 'hiss' and not a laugh.

Something deep in me is driving me to get all of this over with, to get the jobs done with and then maybe, just maybe.....I can rest?

I sit next to the bike, with a grunt of pain and reassemble the bikes parts. After some time, I have it all done and try to get back to standing. Gwen sees that I am in trouble, but does not want to break my rules or my spell circle, as that may ruin the whole thing and make this day even worse!

She offers a hand at the circles edge and Nikki does the same. With that help I get standing again.

I move off from Gwen's help and to my casting circle. I wave a hand and think up a spell to check if all the spellwork is done. I find it is all perfect, the spell has set correctly on both the bike and the tool box. Then, I call forth a large temporary door to my storage and try as hard as I can to shove that toolbox into it. I would ask for help doing it from Gwen or Nikki, but can't. As its my door and my space only.

With several grunts and painful yelps by me, its shoved in there. I toss in the six tires and that part of my chore is done!

Next is the bike, since I placed a very strong spell on this one because of its great size and some iron content. A simple wave and a word from me, it vanishes from sight with a shimmer.

"All done!....Gwen or Nikki? Can either one of you, please wipe out that circle for me. I am hurting too much to rub my feet over it that much."

Nikki nods to me, casts a spell that calls up four sprites that get quickly to work and rub the spell circle of chalk from the parking lot.

"Cool I like that one, you or Aung will have to teach me that!"

"Will do, as soon as you're better. Now lets get you back to Poe or the Grove to rest?"

"Nope, not done yet!"

"What!" Gwen yelps at me "What else could you do? Geeesh look at you! You're in all kinds of pain!"

"Doc Tenent is next. Then I am sure for now, or for a little while? That everyone is off my back!"

The look on Nikki's face is somewhat one of relief to me "Good!" she nearly shouts at me "You need some rest and I bet Ophelia will demand it!"

"What ever the humans want of me! I will do? But for now? Do you want to come or go to back to Poe?" I ask both of them.

"We go with you, till your all better!" Gwen adds in a most protective tone to me.

"Yes we Sidhe, we are staying together today!" Nikki adds and that was not even in Aung's voice this time. I can tell now, that deep down she is very mad at who ever attacked me and has been hiding it well, till now.

"Well lets get this over with....ready?"

Both give me a nod and stand beside me to hold me up. But that hold...is more hug of support now.

All three of us Sidhe end up with my port at the doors of Doyle medical center, both of them help me in to the entrance doors and lay me down on a gurney.

Nikki, asks Gwen just as I get laid down "Gwen please go get Ophelia. I will wait with Ro?"

"Got it!" the green haired teen sings out and she runs off like a shot.

After she is gone, Nikki gets real close to me so no one can hear us talk "Are you sure you died?"

"Yes!" I cry now, as the dam finally breaks "I was gone! I saw home....mom...dad" the sobbing grows harder "the Drow in me...she got to see, all those long dead friends....but" I stop myself from saying it 'the kids were not there?...why?'

"Rohanna? I am very glad you're back? Be it...you wanting to come back or something else? I think we all need you here and you need us in some way?"

"Yes....but can I make up my own choice? I so wanted that?"

"Maybe you need to stay? To see that this life, was not going to be....what you had before and it will get better?"

"Go away....I don't want to talk about this with you now...leave me be!" I then try to curl up as best I can on the small gurney.

Just then, Dr. Tenent comes running up to the gurney I lay on, shouting at the orderlies following close behind her and Gwen following in the rear "Take her into med ONE....do a full scan and get the portable scanners ready for a check on her head...now" she finally gets to my side and leans in close to me to whisper "So how is my only true Drow doing?"

"Fine...." is the only thing I can say.

Ophelia glances at Nikki, who returns the look and Ophelia can see the red head is more than worried as she mouths out unseen by me "not fine ....not at all'....Ophelia nods back.

"Well then...let's just check anyway...shall we?" Ophelia grins down at me.

As Ophelia is about to get my gurney pushed into one of the many med bays, Nikki grabs her arm to stop her for a second. "Doc? she thinks she died? Is that true?"

"Yes...maybe for about a minute or so? She was gone from what Adam said, when he got to her...she was not breathing."

"Healer?" Aung's voice takes over from the teen "Keep an eye on her ...a very close eye. Rohanna may have ancient memories, but she has never died and I have. In this case that maybe very bad for her.." she sighs out "..her seeing that?"

"I will...she will not be left alone. Will that be enough?"

"Yes it will, but for now I should go talk to Carson and see what is being done about this?"

"Go...I have her and then add Gwen is here too!"

Nikki Sees that Ophelia has Rohanna's care well in her hands, then she walks out of the med center and heads towards to Carson's office, within Shuster Hall.

When Nikki is finally gone, Gwen does her part and explained what she has found out about Rohanna this few weeks "Ophelia? just so you know? Rohanna will never say she is hurt. As in her past, to say you were hurt....might mean they killed you off, rather than take the time and effort to heal you."

"Ohh my....that is too harsh. I will keep that in mind."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 6:45 am
Shuster Hall--Carson's Office

All three boys are lead into Carson's huge office and once inside the office. All three of them, see Carson is already there waiting for their arrival. Truck takes note, that even at before seven in the morning and surly being woken to all this madness...she is well dressed and looks great. But she is not alone, standing next to her and leaning over the desk, to seemingly look at paperwork is Mrs. Hartford assistant headmistress.

Next in the room is, Mrs. Shugendo...dean of students, sitting the far couch and leaning on next window frame by her, is Adam or Stormwolf. Adam glares at all three when they come in, Truck takes note of his clothes. As Adam's usually perfect running suit is covered in silvery blood and dirt.

Sam guides each one to a chair and tells the rest of her squad of eight men to stand outside to wait.

When Sam finishes closing the door and the lock clicks. Carson yells at the three without hesitation "WHAT IN THE HECK WERE YOU THREE THINKING!"

Tee-Kay starts off almost nonchalantly to answer her "What did we do Mrs. Carson?"

"Do not go there! We have enough evidence at the crime scene and your rooms! To put all three of you in jail......For attempted murder, with the extenuating circumstance of premeditation!"

"It was all Truck's idea!" Nitro blurts out in a effort to save his butt!

"Shut it you pussy!" Truck growls out and tries to stand. But Sam's more than swift hand shoving him back to the chair stops him, before he even stands up an inch!

"Well Mrs. Carson....what if Rohanna started it!" Tee-Kay asks.

"We will find out...when she comes back?"

"Comes back ma'am?" Truck asks.

Sam walks to the front of Carson's desk and leans on it before she answers him "Well just so you three morons know! The Grove came out in force and took her! Then add they told us to....and I quote...'find out who did this or we will!'...." Sam glares at the three and lets that set in "And boys....The Grove...like Rohanna, it does not threaten!"

"What can a bunch of trees and a few Pixies do!" Tee-Kay shouts.

"Well I guess you have no idea what's out there? Nor do I, but they sent out...just to get her from us. Nearly a dozen Nymphs, a whole bunch of Pixies and worst of all....three BaneSidhe!"

The look on the boys faces tells all, they have no clue what Sam is talking about.

Carson takes her time, then clears her throat "Boys....since you have not had that 'required' class in that type of creatures? Let me tell you this, remember Nikki's little 'yell' last year during combat finals?"

Truck and the two others nod back to her.

"What a true BaneSidhe 'wail' can do, is ten times worse or more. Then add to that, there were three of them!"

Sam adds flatly "One scream and every human that hears that....will die. Do I have your attention now?"

Nitro starts to snivel at hearing that "You have to protect us!"

"From what? The Grove....Nikki and Aung...Sara and her dad?....or the MCO? As I am sure all of them might be gunning for you now?" Stormwolf's more than mad and grim voice asks.

Carson immediately glances at Stormwolf when she hears part of that "Adam what does Gothmog have to do with this?"

"Rohanna saved Sara and Donna. At the cost of getting hurt herself. There is a rumor that he now protects her.....that's the word I hear on campus?"

"I have not heard that Adam?" Carson nearly squeaked, something she rarely does.

"We kids talk and stuff that hot travels fast! And under the 'radar' of most of the teachers."

Sam leans off the desk, when her radio crackles to life in her head "Boss that elf and the other two elves that went in after her....they just came out!"

"What?"

"They came out and then POOF! vanished! Then boss....Rohanna looked real bad, she was obviously still hurt and being held up by the other two."

"Got it!"

Sam waves to Carson to get her attention off Stormwolf and what he just reviled to her "Liz....Rohanna, Nikki and Gwen just left the Grove! But did not stay long...they all ported away with Rohanna before my men could get to the group?"

"Well that changes things...She is alive and well enough to move?"

"Not so fast Liz. Rohanna had to have help from both of them to even walk that far? I have no idea? Why she did not stay out there.....Like she usually does and get fully healed?"

"Sam get all your teams out and look over the campus for her?"

"Can do....But? I have to talk to you in private....And I mean only you and I?...please?"

"Well then with that, Amelia and Michiko if you could for a monument? For me and Sam?"

Both ladies leave the office and with a wave of her arm. The waiting guards take all three boys from the room, with Stormwolf "Back to the office please" is the only words she uses and then closes the door.

Carson taps a large crystal on her desk and nods to Sam "All clear, so what did you hear?"

With a slight sigh, Sam sits in front of the desk in one of the chairs "Well Liz? What I say has to stay in this room...as in I never said this..." she nods back "Well that Virginia boy that was chasing Paige last year and then that new elf in Whitman that came this week?"

"You mean Falk?"

"I did not say that" Sam adds flatly.

She nods back her understanding...no names.

"Well he was put out to pasture and a team was sent out to...euphemize the issue. Well that team never came back. The SUV the team used, it was found days later. All empty and all the electronics in it fried. The only thing in the SUV of note....was one business card from the man's desk."

"Yes Sam? What about the card?"

"What was written on it, was in Elvin....that's the only language that makes any sense. But no one knows what the actual word says at all. The one used, is part of the old language and we both know....only two elves....that can speak it daily."

"Damn it....how many missing?" Carson asks, not really wanting to know.

"I would say at least five....and I mean five, really well trained men of my level."

"Shit! That girl!"

"We two, are the only ones that really know...for sure now. She is that good at this."

"So that means you are sure that Sara and Gothmog protect her? And she them?"

"It might? That man was after one of Sara's ....but he was chasing a elf too? So that muddies the waters a bit?"

Right then, the intercom on Carson desk lights up and she goes to answer it "Liz? Nikki Reilly is here, she wants to talk to you?"

"Send her in...and only her please."

The teen redhead opens the door and only sees the two ladies sitting there "Ohh this must be bad then?" and she closes the door.

Carson renews the privacy ward before she begins "So how is Rohanna?" she asks, as the red head teen takes a seat.

"Hurt and she was hurt bad. Mrs. Carson. She believes, that she died this morning and I think she maybe right?"

"She was dead....she died for maybe five minutes or less." Sam adds in reluctantly.

A gasp of shock comes from the teen, then a rolling anger comes off her, that fills the room for a second before she reels back on her powers of emotion sending and receiving.

A new voice comes from the teen now, as she straightens up and sits in a more proper posture "What else Mrs. Carson? I am sure there is more?" Aunghadhail now asks.

"I have found out more, but I can not talk about that in front of Nikki."

"We can accommodate that. Nikki can and so will I.....give you a swear on our true names? Is that enough?"

"Please?" Carson asks both.

"I do swear" the teens says, then Aunghadhail takes over "So I swear also on my name."

Sam leans forward and takes a single page of paper from the note pad on Carson's desk. She then, writes that one symbol on it. "Do you know what this is?"

"Humm" Aunghadhail answers "this means....mother, children, love, family, or many other terms and it is written in the most ancient of Sidhe script. Even Nikki has not been taught this yet?"

"So you would say that only Rohanna and maybe you know this on sight?" Sam asks while taking the page back and tossing it into the burning fireplace nearer to her seat.

"Yes...then, a few others. I sure that those 'others', they are most certainly Mythos tho?"

"What if I told you that symbol, it was found in a long way involving that man that was chasing your new sister Sidhe this last week?"

"You mean the human government man, who headed that pursuit of one of mine!"

"Yes and was found..." Carson starts.

Then Sam interrupts "He was found...apparent suicide. But others are missing from the scene....ones that don't get reported as missing?"

"Would Rohanna do that?" Carson questions the old ghost.

"Yes...but I did not send her?"

"Would you?"

"Are you asking Me?" questions Aunghadhail "Or Nikki?"

"Both?" Cason asks.

"Me....yes. I would have, if she would do that for me? And 'if' the child in question, was in danger still? Nikki? she does not know to ask such things...." Aunghadhail trailed off implying....yet.

Aunghadhail gasps suddenly via Nikki's body, when she realizes something. Nikki takes note and asks her mentor, within her shared mind ~"What? Aung?"~

~"That Nymph in the shower the other day! That is why she is bidden to Rohanna! She took one of the missing, as a trophy of sort or slave. To save his...I am now sure 'her' life!"~

With that gasp coming form the shared body, Sam has to ask "What did you remember?"

"I have a question first?" Aunghadhail's asks both there "In this man's home, were there any children?"

"Yes?"

"Would the 'missing' sent? Would they try and kill them, even if they saw nothing?"

"Ohh ya" Sam's eyes roll at the thoughts ".....some teams of 'missing' are like that. Clean sweep! Leave no chances to be found out!" Sam adds with a knowing nod.

"Now you know why they are.....'missing' and the symbol. It is a warning! Mother, children and family. It is part of an age old curse.....hurt one of mine....I come for all of yours!....and one of Rohanna's type...They do not cross that line ever, to cause harm to innocent children and she would certainly stop someone who tried to do so in her presence!"

"I am not sure of what you're saying?"

"Rohanna was there...if she 'was' there? I bet to kill this man, then the 'missing' men, they interrupted her and killed this man. And they started to...'try' and kill the children. She then stopped them... forever!"

"Why would she do this and not let regular justice run it's course!" A now very angry Carson asks.

Aunghadhail almost giggles at Carson "You mean 'human' justice? Rohanna does not even see that side of the world I am sure. You have no idea what Rohanna is....really?"

"Well then give me an idea then?" the still angry Carson asks.

"Will Mrs. Carson she is like....." Aunghadhail starts to answer, then Nikki's more teen voice takes over "Mrs. Carson....I can say this better than Aung can. What Aung is trying to say, but can't find the words?
Is this, she is like the Terminator from the movie. Once a fellow Sidhe is hurt or killed... 'She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And She absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are dead!'..." Nikki nearly quotes the movie "That is a way to put it..."

"What makes her do that?"

Aunghadhail takes back over the teen once again, to finish her answer "The Geas that is on Rohanna, is one of the finest ones ever crafted. It was done by the best royal Sidhe mages....It took literally hundreds of years to craft! She is bound by it, like no other you have ever met or will meet!"

"What does that really mean? Who controls that Geas?"

"No one...not even I can? All that knew how to...they are dead now. And I will not tell anyone how to! I owe her that much...her freedom! What little she has now!"

"But she is still bound by that Geas?"

"Yes she is, there are basic parts of it, that will bind her forever and one of them is to protect all Sidhe at all costs...but her life...that is? She will retreat when a target is too hard? But come back again and again till she wins...somehow?"

"Humm I have to hear more?"

"Please ask Sara? She was tapped into Rohanna's memories and experienced that Geas in a small part?"

Carson thinks that in some small part is a good idea and pushes a button on the intercom "Elaine?"

"Ma'am?" it sounds back.

"Please have Miss Waite come here as fast as she can?"

"Actually...Liz? She is sitting right here? And wants in badly.....to talk to you!"

"Send her in please?"

"Yes"

Within seconds the double doors nearly fly open and Sara stands there. Anyone who even looks at her can tells she is angry! She scans the room for a second and sees who is there. Then she closes the doors fast.

Sara starts yelling just as the doors close "So what are you going to do Mrs. Carson! I already heard you had the three morons who call themselves TNT! Truck, Nitro and Tee-Kay here!" Sara begins in a voice, that has anger dripping off it "Those Gay bashing morons.....So are they going to jail or!"

"MISS WAITE! have a seat and some respect!" Carson demands.

Sara nods quickly to Mrs. Carson with her displeasure showing, then seats herself on the couch and crosses her arms in a huff.

"Good Miss Waite, now I have a question for you? But first, I need you to swear not to repeat anything you hear in this room?"

"I will swear...only if that 'thing' does not affect Rohanna and she needs to know!"

"Fine...we can all live with that."

"I swear on my true name."

"Well Aunghadhail tells me you experienced one of Rohanna's memories and with that what limits her actions? Is this correct?"

Sara's harsh gaze falls on Nikki and the ghost of Aunghadhail within her, as she begins answering Mrs. Carson "Yes something in her past and most likely even now? It keeps her from acting....rashly and getting killed. That is what I felt within that memory of her's?"

"Would you call it a Geas?"

"Yes it has to be magic based or worse?" her stare at Nikki grows.

"So how or why did she nearly kill herself that first day?" Carson asks the obvious question.

"She must have not been...."fully cooked" yet? That is the only reason I can think of? That change she went through up at ARC. I think Aunghadhail's magic messed it up and then add. I think that ARC may have too? When they found that box and her early?"

Carson nods back "Humm makes sense to me?.....Aunghadhail?"

"That would be a good reason? But what would she have been without that interference? She might have been totally wild and who knows?"

"Sara? do you know anything of Rohanna going out to kill the man, who was chasing after Paige and others?" Carson wisely keeps most of the names out.

"Why no ma'am? I have no idea that Rohanna would do such a thing?" she smiles and that smile shows Carson...she knows! "Who was it?" Sara finally ends her answer, in a grin of pointy teeth.

"Sara! Please...You know who it was! Your network of people, information and contacts is par none on or off campus!"

"Would never give that question an answer..........if doing so? It affected Rohanna in anyway good or bad.....unless I get a swear it will not!"

"I can not give that word!" Carson spoke back to her, in a very angry tone of voice.

"Then I have nothing to say on the subject.....ever!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 7:45 am
Doyle Medical center

As I lay there all curled up in a small ball and the sheets cover me again. My mind drifts back to my recent brush with death, seeing mom and dad....just standing there...waiting. Then all the Drow? The ones I fought with and the one who....became close to me. But what shakes me bad! The kids were not there! Did one the DARK BASTARD GOO'S GET THEM! Trap their poor souls forever!

Now the tears really flow.....Gaea will I ever know?

Gwen pats and rubs my back, then my head as she whispers to me "What? what has you so upset now?"

I sob back to her "Not here....I tell you this, only when I am sure no one can overhear us...too personal"

"Fine I can wait...but who did this to ya!"

"Truck...and others?"

WHAT! I ammmmm soo going toooo!" she hisses out.

"No please, no revenge. I wanted to see if getting hurt, got this cursed band off my arm any faster! I goofed and let them go to far!"

"Fine but we are talking to Sam on this! And soon!"

Right then, Dr. Tenent walks in the room and sees us chatting close. She asks softly to us both "I can come back if?"

Gwen chirps up "No doc...lets get this over with and maybe she can get out of here FAST!"

"Well Ro! This is the damage list...most of it is healed now? You had or still kind of have? Thirteen broken in at least two places ribs, on your left side. One of those lower covering rib plates of yours, it came lose and almost tore your lungs in half, as it was nearly shoved into your chest. Your left leg broken in three places and the hip on that side. Then the left shoulder was separated and broken. The upper arm bone and lower....both of them. Lastly your skull was broken...badly on that left side and that blow, it hit your brain so hard....your hearts stopped for five minutes. Till Adam came over and cleared all the blood from your throat."

"So she was dead?" Gwen gasps out.

"Yep...dead. If Adam was not there? She might not be here, even with that super healing of her's."

The swearing coming out of Gwen now...would make a sailor blush. All Ophelia can do is laugh, at all that coming from someone so cute most of the time. It gets me laughing with her under my sheet fort.

As I laugh out loudly, Dr Tenent laughs out herself "Well Gwen! I think you found a summer job making the patients here laugh!"

"Can I go now?" my muffled voice asks her, from beneath my sheets.

"I want to say...no? But I know how much you really hate it here? But can I ask why you came before you healed this time?"

"So I can get this over with and rest!" I shout.

"Ro? I have to ask? Its my job and I care about you! Do you mean 'rest' as in 'I am tried and need sleep?' OR 'I want to rest forever...let me die in peace?'...."

"REST! As in....I was JUST there! and saw MOM AND DAD! I so wanted to stay?" I say with some doubt showing "....The Drow in me....she finally saw for the first time....the hero's feast! DAMN IT! and it was taken away!"

As both Gwen and Ophelia look at one another after my harsh words, The doc asks me "Can you stay here?....Please...I am really worried about you and your mental health right now?"

"Worried!" I shout and hop out of the bed "I can't off myself! It can only happen by accident! WATCH THIS!"

I am so mad and fed up! I forget all my cautions, I move to the far side of the room and rip my box from its holding place. Once its out, I finger the ever changing code in front of them and dig through its contents. Near the bottom, I find what I am looking for! And toss onto the floor a dark black evil looking box, the size of a big box of tissues.

After I slam all that closed, I place that box onto the bed and open it up. Black smoke billows from it and Dr. Tenent backs up from it, while grabbing at Gwen to keep her back. As she felt...pure evil, coming from the box I now hold in my hand. After I lift off a sheet of dark silk from the top.

A dark blood red blade, with a black stone hilt rests in my hand and I then hover the point over my hand laying on the bed.

"This is the only blade, that I have ever seen that can kill me with a small cut! Just a slice and it's all over!" I state.

Then I the blade comes far up.....and I try as hard as I can, to RAM that blade into my hand....but can't! My hand stops its swinging arch, only an inch from my skin!

That cursed book holds me back! If I was ordered too! I would be dead! But at my own hand...never!

Both watch on as I struggle and strain over the deed....but nothing. The book and orders always WINS THE FIGHT!

I try and push the blade to my skin even harder! The blade hovers closer and closer! But never touches the skin, my body start sweat at the strain of fighting itself and finally Gwen yells at me "STOP! PLEASE.....STOP!"

In frustration, I toss the blade to the floor "SEE, I CAN'T DO IT!" I breath out.

"Why would you do that to yourself? Too me! Make me watch a great friend, try and do that!" Gwen cries to me.

"I'm sorry?" I cry even harder "I had to show someone I feel so helpless at times? I just don't feel like I am.....in control anymore? Life chooses where I go and what I do? Like this morning...I got pulled back here....even thou I wanted to stay there!"

Gwen leaps at me and wraps me in another of her hugs of death "Please...I have said this too many times to you! Stay here with us! We need you here and you need us!"

"Okay....I hear ya! You, Sara and Nikki are sure making it hard for me! Gaea I want what I saw then? But like you said, we need each other!"

Ophelia goes to pick up the knife, as she was drawn to it like a moth to a flame! I stop her hand before it touches the hilt with a grab of my hand to her's and a shriek "NO don't! This blade is Mythos made! Made to kill us Drow!"

A quick move on my part, I grab the blade and place it back in it's box. I watch over Ophelia as I do this, as Dr. Tenent 'yearns' for the blade till the top is closed and the spell it has over her, stops with a snap of the lid.

Then I place the box in Gwen's hands "Here take this and keep it safe from....me?"

"I can do that?"

"Here...lets set the lock to only you? Place a finger on the latch, let it cut you and that will lock it to you. Then only you, can ever open it again!"

Once Gwen has finishes following Ro's instructions, she clutches the small box tight to her chest. As she knows that Rohanna, has just intrusted her life with her and then she nods to her "Thanks, it's safe with me!"

As Gwen clutches the box close to her chest, a question comes to her mind. One that has to be asked? "Ro? how do I use this...if I have too?"

"The silk cover cloth will insulate you from the blades influence and then there is a set of gloves, under the cushion the blade rests on that does the same thing."

"Got it" she nods back.

I glanced back to Doc Tenent, who was standing there waiting to see what I did next in my craziness "Dr. Tenent? Can I go now? I wanted to get this....exam over with? Something was driving me to get things done and now this is done...I guess? So can I go?"

Ophelia grabs both elves in a hug and whispers to both of them "Remember both of you! I went through the same thing you're going through...changing my sex. So I know a lot more than...say? Bellows does. Please come to me when it gets rough?......And Ro? My time is always yours...even if you think I will not understand it? I can listen and keep quiet!"

"Yes Ma'am? It's just trying to stay....'levelheaded' Each day is hard, I am not sure if that day....the ancient part of me is running the show? Or the human? Or the Drow? Or a combo of both?"

"Well just take it one day at a time?" she suggests to me.

"I can try?"

"All I can ask...is try? But get going ....if you want to? Please take it slow and easy? Go heal in the Grove, like you love to do?....Please?"

"Thanks ma'am, I will" I say slowly......then I start getting dressed again, as best I can with all the pain I still have and after Gwen helps me with my shoes. We both head out of the 'ER' towards Shuster Hall and Carson's office! As my mind is just sure, she has yet to get her 'licks' in on me today for this fight!

-------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 8:25 am
Shuster Hall--Carson's Office

With not being sure what is driving me on this course today? We head toward Carson's office, I want all of this over and I am not sure why? Is it that feeling I have to get things done before that 'reward' at the end of life, I was just shown can be mine! Or maybe just that compulsion to see everything is completed in life?

As Gwen holds open the doors of Carson's office for me, Elaine the office secretary sitting behind the desk, gasps at seeing me "Why in the name of God! Are you here! You should be resting!"

I walk forward slowly from the doorway to her desk and lean on her desk before I speak, as talking while I walked, is just not going to work with all that pain. "Well, I want to see Carson please ...Ms. Claire?"

"I'll check for you!" she almost shouts and clicks on the intercom "Liz! Rohan.....ahhh Miss Leigh is here to see you?"

"Show her in please Elaine...." Carson blinked at the intercom in some shock that Rohanna was here, after nearly dieing only hours ago.

Elaine opened the doors for me and Gwen to walk in....or in my case hobble in. Because that left leg and hip were still slowing me down. Sara shoots off the couch, grows in size and strength to take the burden of me off Gwen. She guides me to a chair, that Sam vacates swiftly in front of Carson's desk.

Once I am seated with a few grunts of pain, Sara stands behind me and the chair. To hug and comfort me over my shoulders and neck. Nikki, slides her chair closer to me, to take my hand in support from her side, when she feels some fear and apprehension from me.

Gwen sees that I am fine now and takes a spot on the now free couch with her prized box in hand.

Sam takes up a new spot near the door, one that I do not feel very comfortable with...she is blocking the only door!

I grin at Carson as I start. "Well here I am Mrs. Carson. I wanted to get this over with, so I know the punishment I will get for this?"

Carson, blinks at me a little confusion, but passes fast into stating to me "Well Miss Leigh. We have been talking over your little encounter? And if you can tell us who did this to you please? So we are sure of the witness statement we already have, to the others who where seen running off from where you were found?"

"Truck and two others that I have never seen before?"

"Boys...girls?" she asks again.

"Two boys....Truck called one Nitro? And the other? He had some 'TK' powerset? One I have never seen before?"

"Well that all makes sense and matches what our witness added in."

"Who saw this?.....what witness?" I ask.

"Adam...Stormwolf. He only saw the three boys run off, not your being attacked by them."

"Okay...ma'am? So what is my punishment for this fight going to be?"

"Nothing.....I am not going to punish you?" she says flatly.

That simple statement grips me in fear! She has punished me for every fight so far! Even when I was not the one who started it! My mind seeks out the only thing that she can do now.....and what it finds is not what I want to even think about....going back to ARC!

That terror grips me of being sent there again, that last simple trip up there this weekend was nearly a nightmare! Now I know why Sam is by the door! She is there to block my escape, so with running out the door now blocked. I seek out the Grove and ready a port to there.

Nikki is the first to feel that fear...no stark terror! As it washes over me and she leaps from her chair. To grab at my arm, to try and keep me calm. She then instantly sends a mental note to Sara. Who is already one step in front of her and is now hugging me so hard in the chair...it's hard to breath.

Sara whispers into my ear "What has you so sacred!" she asks with urgency, as she just knows I am about to 'port' away.

I blurt out to all in the room "I don't want to go back to ARC.....give me some other punishment!.....ANYTHING!"

"Why would I do that dear?" Carson asks softly.

"But the other times?" is all I can say before Aunghadhail speaks up.

"Mrs. Carson? You have to understand Rohanna's confusion. All the other times so far, when she has been involved in a fight. Whether it was, or was not her fault? You have punished her in some way? So she now expects it all the time! This is how a Drow thinks...black or white. No grays at all."

"Ohhh!" Carson smiles at me "I see! Rohanna, you did not start that fight this morning or keep on hurting the others. So you are innocent of any wrong doing.....so you will receive.....no punishment for that fight? Do you understand me?" she asks.

"NO......you punished me for Boston! AND! that fight, was for my very life!"

"That came under another set of rules....that fight ended in you having to take lives. So that being done, your taking a life. We have to show other students via giving you that UV armband, that fights with you are a bad idea and punishable?"

"I have to say....I guess so? I will then wait out each time this happens....to see what you decide to punish me or not punish me with?"

"Yes that is best, as each time a fight happens? It is a new situation and has to be weighed after it has happened.....not before?"

"So what is going to happen to Truck and the other two?"

"Well Mr. Terry or Nitro, is going to be sent back to the MCO and tried for a few past crimes. Then add this attempted murder to the list. Truck and Tee-Kay are in the same boat with him."

I leap out of the chair with a grunt in pain "NO!" I shout "I can't have that on my conscious! My soul...my very being, it would be stained! By letting kids....Even teens like them, get punished that hard or even.....killed. For this small crime? I am alive. Just punish them here and keep this amongst ourselves?......Please?" my shaky voice begs her.

"I don't know?" Carson says slowly, as she leans back in her chair to think.

"It's a bad idea!" Sam warns now "Not punishing them... that may lead, to others being encouraged to act out more!"

My eyes lock onto Nikki and Aunghadhail within her. As I nearly cry "Please Aung! Tell them why!"

She nods back to me "I have? But let me remind them again?" she consoles me, then looks back across the desk to Carson... "Mrs. Carson, remember when I told you just an hour ago, that Rohanna is held by A Geas?"

"Yes I do...certainly?"

"Well this is one of those cases. She is held by that and it will hurt her in some way if they are harmed by her acts?"

"In what ways?" she asks the ancient Queen.

"Pain?" she states, as she looks at me and I nod back "Then maybe a compulsion to go rescue them, if they are being harmed?"

I nod back to her "Yesss I would do that. Even thou I hate Truck...I can't stand it, if he...a child got hurt?"

"Rohanna has simple rules in her life....Mrs. Carson. She has to obey them."

"But, he is nearly a man in age? An adult?"

"Nearly...is that key word and I know that!" I state the fact back to her.

"Fine, I will keep a lid on this and drag all three of them through the COALS! as punishment for this. Hawthorn cottage will never be cleaner, after they finish with it!" she almost giggles in warning.


------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 9:15 am
Crystal Hall

After the meeting at Carson's office was done, it was suggested to me to go rest. But the growling of my stomach won the fight over resting. So the group of us left her office and went directly to eat.

When I was settled at a table next to the regular 'Poe' table. Gwen and Nikki went off to fetch me a large tray of goodies. As I waited in my seat for both of them to return, I spotted a new Sidhe girl just coming up the stairs to this level.

I wave to her to get her attention to me, then nod as I ask "Please come sit here! And lets talk!"

She smiles at me and walks over to sit across from me. As her tray lands on the table "I would normally stand and offer you a hand to shake? But I had a little incident this morning and I am hurting too bad to stand that fast!" I say and laugh at her..

"No Problem! I am Brianna Peters or Bree. Some call me Whisper too?"

"Well hi! I am Rohanna Leigh or Shadowsblade.....some call me Ro for short?"

She settled her tray to the table and got comfortable.

"So Bree, Nikki told me another of our kind would be coming this week? I have not had the time to come and see you myself! So are ya liking being 'one' of the Sidhe so far?"

"Not really for the most part....then some yes?"

"I know that feeling...it will pass soon enough."

As look her over, I can see that 'touch' of man's technology in...on...and within Bree. Her eyes glow with computer circuits in them and the 'aura' she gives off from it, is unmistakable!

Just as I blink my eyes from checking out Bree, Nikki and Gwen sit next to me. Then slides me a tray heaped with food. I move a small plate off to the now fading into sight Violet to eat up....who still looks very angry with me, for telling her to fly off and leave me to get hurt. All this morning, she has said nothing to me in that anger.

Nikki then smiles to Bree, as she digs into her plates "Well Bree! You have met Ro!"

"Yep....just did."

Nikki, starts to sit straighter as I can see Aunghadhail take over within her "Well...child, you can learn much from Rohanna. She knows a great deal about how we Sidhe fight and other great wealth's of knowledge" she then turns her glance at me, as I take a huge bite of food "And Rohanna? Bree here...she can teach you about the new world. As she is most close to it indeed?"

"Yes auntie Aung...I will talk with Rohanna soon enough!" Bree states a little displeased.

My bite of pancakes, nearly flies from my mouth. As I 'spit take' "AUNTIE AUNG!?" and start giggling like mad.

"Why yes, she calls me auntie! So since I call you sister, that makes you an aunt too!"

"Ohhhhh hell no!" I bark.

Gwen is now banging on the table, laughing it up at my expense. I stare at her while she does it "Ohhh! Shut up you!" I now hiss at her.

Nikki pulls out her 'privacy' charm to cover up our conversation and places it at the tables center. I touch it immediately and so does Gwen. Bree sees what we did and since she can't understand what we are saying anymore? She follows our lead.

"Well now that is done...we can talk now" Aunghadhail adds with a sigh.

"What is that Aung?" Bree asks.

"It is a warding charm that makes what we say, near nonsense to others and keeps our secrets."

"Ohh? I will have to learn to make one then?"

"I am sure you will. I may teach you that or maybe Rohanna here can? In exchange for what you know?"

"Me? I don't know that much magic?"

"Ohh but you do! You know man's magic of technology! And Rohanna needs vast help in that area....indeed!"

"Aung I am not that bad!"

"But you are in someways?"

"What is the issue Rohanna has?"

"She was not here for the last 30 years, so all the technology of now? She has issues with from time to time?" she winks at me.

"Okay...I'll give! I do need someone to help me out with setting up my stereo and video system that I just bought!"

"I am free right after we all eat?" she grins at me.

"I was not expecting help that fast? But we can do that?"

"Then it's a deal! I will help you with that!"

"Well for today...help? Is more me sitting and watching and you doing!" I laugh and try to hide the pain of doing so.

"What happened to you?"

"I had a slight disagreement with a boy, about how much of a man he really was?.......It took three of his friends and me not fighting back at all, for him to 'win' that argument!"

I can see that Nikki is seething mad, as she states "Well that may have to get FIXED!"

Gwen adds in just as mad "Yes FIXED!"

"Nikki! No! I will do this....or not! That is my choice!"

"Fine....your choice it is. But I am not going to any funerals!"

"If it got that bad? It will be several!" I warn back.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 11:25 am
Poe cottage---my room

After eating we all strolled back to the cottage and to my room. When Bree saw the vast stack of video and stereo equipment I had bought.....she went more than nuts. Once Bree had figured out where I wanted it all set-up at and read the directions. Nikki went down the hallway to grab a few tools from Bunny. But Bunny thought it was better that she came with. So now I had one semi-crazy devisor and one techy Sidhe, both working on my room at the same time.

After a few hours of discussion on where some items should be placed. I now had a 50 inch flat screen mounted over my rommies bed.....until I get one!...roomie that is?

A 7.2 surround system, with CD, MP3 player and Blue ray player. This had come with a top of the line set of speakers, Got to love that sound, especially with my ears! Then Bunny installed a quickly made mini computer in the shape of a crazy Easter egg and hooked up to the video system. It holds a way for me to download movies off the campus general internet.

Explaining that downloading and general internet to me? THAT! took most of the afternoon. Rosalyn had snuck into the crowd of girls in my room and with Gwen's help...That poster of 'Bullet' with Steve McQueen got hung! and she added in some more little things to the room, to round it all out.

All that video gear was packed into a shelving unit that was placed where my roomies closet 'would' have been...and that bunch of the furniture from that side of the room, was taken to the basement storage.

But when it was all done, I now had a great system and we where all watching one of the many Star Trek films while eating from a stack of 'to-go' boxes from crystal hall.

As we all sit and relax. I am stretched out on the floor, leaning up on my couch futon. Gwen is on one side and Bree the other. Rosalyn has gained the spot behind me on the futon and starts to play with my ears! "You should tryout for the next movie as a Vulcan! I bet you can get the part easy!" she purrs to me.

"Yaaaa maybe?" I moan out, as she rubs my ears 'just so' "I might do that?"

Bunny is sitting next to Roz, taking mental notes on what Rosalyn is doing from her 'vantage' spot, so she can do the same on Nikki latter this week! Gwen is giggling at the whole thing while munching on popcorn.

Bree is staring at my actions and reactions to Rosalyn's touch "Hey what gives? It sounds like she has you going, via just touching your ears?" she finally asks in confusion.

"Roz? Please show the kid...She needs to learn...." my voice moans once again, as my eyes close in the pleasure.

Roz leans over to Bree and whispers into her ear "Can I show you what I am doing to and for Ro? As I need your permission...this is a very personal thing I am going to do?"

"Ya fine, I don't see why touching an ear can do that?"

As Roz gets to work on Bree, I grab the remote for the sound system and make it louder. Within a few minutes of Roz's now expert fingers playing across her ears, Bree is competing with the sound system...for who is louder!

"See Bree....you elves or Sidhe have other ON switches than us humans and they are so much FUN!"

Bree gasps out from Roz and her musings "Yes they are!" Roz stops her play and goes back to me.

All I can do is giggle out to her is "Welcome to the club!"

"Should I show this to a boyfriend?" Bree asks me.

"That's up to you, depending on how close you get with him?" I purr as Roz starts again on me.

Roz and her touch suddenly stops as she yelps out an idea "Hey you know what this place needs bad!"

"What?"

"Plants!"

"Humm bring in some plantings from the Grove and your touch with them?"

"Ya! now that's an idea! I can make the vines grow all over and look real cool!" she boasts.

"Well since it's getting late and I really love that idea! Let's do that right now!"

"What? we are having fun?" she narrows her eyes at me.

"Well gathering plants in the Grove can be 'fun' too! Besides I need sometime out there to heal up?"

"Can I come!?" Bree asks, but Gwen swats her side and tells her "Hey they want to be alone?"

"Ohhhh I get it!"

Roz is thinking over what I said, then her look at me grows to one of caution and concern "What if the Grove...don't like me? It has made others disappear?"

"Then we disappear together" I state.

Gwen jumps in with word of support "Hey Roz your powers make plants grow...so why would the Grove hate you? It will love ya!"

"See, even Gwen thinks you will be a natural out there!"

"Fine....lets go! First lets grab a few square pots for the plants to be in from the store and I have an idea for a cool table for the rooms center!" Roz beams at me, with a grin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 11:55 pm
The Grove's center

After a short trip to the campus store and the botany labs. We both end up at the Grove's center with three large square planters. Two of them are large, for a tree and a growing vine I have in mind and the last is rather short but large, for a bush that Roz has ideas for?

"Roz...please stay near me? I am not so sure of all the creature that live out here?"

"Okay...." her voice shakes a little "But I love the look of this place so far! The moonlight is spectacular!"

With a little coxing and apologizing to Violet for my shooing her away when I got hurt. I told her I did not want her injured and she was my insurance policy if the 'boys' went too far....so she did her job as I had hoped she would.

She was still mad at me!

But with her help, I found a large tree that had fruits my mind had remembered. This tree, fruited all year long and had lots of them! As long as you feed it magic once and a while!

The next was a large bush that had vines, it also had flowers and small berries that tasted great! Those same berries, had great healing properties when eaten raw!

Third on our list for tonight, was a low bush that was square and firm. Once we got it back to my room, Roz placed it in the rooms center and made it grow into a very firm square shape. A glass top leveled over it and instant coffee table!

The tree was placed into the far corner, then Roz made the limbs grow to the ceiling and fan out to make a great canopy! The fruits hanging off it were an easy pick to me and my height!

The large bush and vines. She placed that between the rooms desks and grew the vines all over the edges of the shelves. A quick trip to the campus botany lab, to grab some trellis and now the vines covered most of the ceiling!

With a last trip to the Grove, we got from one of the water Nymphs, a set of rocks with a spell embedded on each. One placed in each planter and watering was taken care of forever!

Hours after midnight the room is done and the smells of fresh flowers, mixed with wet earth fill the room.

"Well all done now!" I state "I am going to rest out in the Grove and heal all up? Want to come?"

"Sure! I thought that was why I was with ya...the plants was extra!" she grins at me.

Just as I nod to her, I port us both back to the Grove and the water springs. My clothes slide and drop off me, as I walk to the warm waters "Well come on!" I say as one of my feet hits the water "It's real nice and warm in here!" I coax Roz to me.

She does the same with her clothes, but hesitates and stacks them on the bank. Before she can join me, one of the Nymphs surfaces and beckons to her to join her......and leave me.

My anger boils a little at that action from her and I move to get between them both. "NO she is mine! I brought her here, as a reward for us both...go way!" I yell to the Nymph in Elvin.

Roz is still entranced by the Nymph and a light shake I give her brings her back to me "What gives!" she asks blinking at me "I like her!"

"Yes you do and she you! And if you had left with her...you would be one of them...a Nymph forever? So is that something you really want?"

"No" Roz says back in a unsure tone to me "But become one?"

"Yes Nymphs don't have kids, they gain more sisters by luring humans to join them."

"Hummm sounds like fun!"

"Ahh no....you just stay here and be one of them. You never get out! Back to the real world....ever!"

"Really?" she asks and I nod back

I growl a little at the nymph still standing there "Please leave us."

"Yes mistress" she purrs back in english "But can I help comfort both of you?"

"What does she mean 'comfort' us?"

I just grin evilly at Roz "I have never had the chance to really do this? But Nymphs know more ways to make a person 'happy' than any other creature does....except maybe Sara?"

"Ohh I have to try this!"

"Okay..." I say to Roz in a husky voice, then glance to the Nymph standing in the deeper water "You....please serve my friend as you would do me, as I rest and heal....please?"

"Sure my mistress.....by your will" she goes as I asked, to start massaging Roz's back while I lay in the shallow waters and relax as the healing waters covers my form.

Roz laid down with her back being massaged, then she gasped in sudden, unexpected pleasure. As yet another Nymph joined her in a most personal spot and started to please her in new ways.

A smile crossed my face as I leaned over to nibble on a ear of her's "Now it looks like you are having fun!"

The cries of passion from two girls fill the Grove, some creatures even run from the sound. But one creature, she smiles at them "Have fun while you can Rohanna, my Drow. All the fun you can, you have certainly earned it, with all the past pain you endured via my stupidity!" says the old Queen to herself and what denizens of the Grove are near her.

Those sounds coming from the warm springs rise and fall as she writes in one of many spell books stacked at her feet. Aunghadhail writes with determination, something is driving her to get this finished as fast as she can!

"Thank Gaea for Rohanna, without her showing me or allowing me? Via her influence over the Grove and the power it has. I would not be able to come here, even when Nikki is awake and write these needed books for both of them....and maybe the Sidhe to come?"

Aunghadhail's hands flies over the pages and leaves words of magic in it's wake. Passage after passage of lessons on ancient magic and how to craft even more! She started with the basics, when Rohanna asked her to show her the basics of Sidhe spellcasting and now she is nearing her most advanced spells. Ones that in the days of her life....could and did shake the planet with their use!

Once Rohanna gave her a stack of books to write in, Aunghadhail made a spell to duplicate the blank ones in the dozens! Since that day, she has written in them non-stop! Something is driving her.....she sees death coming at someone close to her soon.

A few of the books, where written that first night just for Rohanna and a few just for Nikki....just in case? She then entrusted the keeper of knowledge in the Grove, with telling both girls where the books were at .....if one or some of them fell soon?

Some of the tomes, she is now just writing this night and nights to come. Are for being opened in the centuries to come, if she is not around to see those days herself.

When Aunghadhail was given this power to become 'whole' while Rohanna was here that first night. Aung had thought to use it somehow to gain control over Nikki maybe or Rohanna and be among the living again! That thought enters her mind once again and she banishes it away! "Thinking like that killed my race! Being so petty....so self centered! Curse me and my sisters! We did all this to ourselves!" Aung growls to her own shadow, from the moonlight of the Grove falling on her.

As the dawn comes, Aung leaves part of herself here to keep writing and most of her 'soul' splits off to rejoin with Nikki for yet another day of living. This 'new' part before it leaves, take the growing stack of books and places them in the stone chest for the 'keeper' to guard. When she is about to close that box, she places one book at it's bottom. One that will take Rohanna maybe years to get to!......This one special tome is written on....How the Book containing the Geas over Rohanna works, how it is made...then, how to...undo it!

"One day you will need that, if I am not here? But for now? It must hold you together, that evil spell or you will fall apart...and my Drow! You have come close to doing just that in these few weeks of your new life!"

That 'new' part of Aung fades with the light over the Grove, the other? She tills away writing and writing.

----------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 1 8:55 pm
Melville cottage---concierge

Jobe or now 'jobett!' is just getting in from a day out and about. The nearly new Drow, checks her box at the concierge and is handed a note waiting there....'your special pizza you ordered is waiting'

Jobe knows this means something has come...something she wants BAD! With a burst of speed, she runs off towards She-Beasts room and once there knocks hard till it opens.

A somewhat tired and very upset She-Beast opens the door to face her "Ohhh its you! Couldn't you wait till coffee time tomorrow?" she asks.

"No! I paid buckets of good money for this! I want it now!" she shouts back.

The girl in the doorway growls at the playboy bunny shaped Drow and goes to grab something from her desk.

After she gets back, she teases the Drow playfully, with holding the box out and then snatching it away from her grasp several times! "Now this is NOT a sample from ARC! I could not get one of those! But you lucked out and I found another way to get it.....Now this has in it, five perfect lab samples! All certified!"

"After I check that they are good! Our deal is done!"

She-Beast drops the box into the waiting hands of the girl Drow, who runs off in haste to the elevator and certainly to her room!

---------------------------

In Jobe's room and lab

Jobe has just finished going over all five samples, she finds all of them are exactly what they should be and of who she wants....Rohanna...the only living 'true Drow' as she says! All five are good enough to start her work on...barely to her high standards! But she will work with them! As the only way to obtain a better sample? Is to ask the Drow herself for one...and Jobe has no expectations of her survival, after she even asks that question! Let alone getting one!

-------------days pass

The Drow bio-devisor works for days and nights on her project. Only taking timeout from the task. To eat, go to the new semester classes...as needed! and sleep when she can!

Jobe, tosses a fit in frustration "I have never been so perplexed at a DNA sample like this! Three ruined so far! Gods this Drow's DNA is so mixed up with who knows what! Then add there is a factor of magic within it, I have no idea how it works! THEN worse of all!...ADD that some kind of Mythos DNA was added to it when it was made....somehow?" she howls out, then goes to stand and stomp around the room.

Her roommate and daughter, Belphoebe watches on. Then breaks the silence "Hey Mom? Just come and have some pizza....then calm down?"

"DO not! call me MOM!"

Jobe sits and as she does...she thinks and eats.

An idea strikes her and she leaps up to her feet "Did your 'dad'"...she sasses to the other girl in the room "ever get ...his or MY equipment back that made you!?"

"Ahh ya! he stole it all back and set up a new lab! He even paid me to help him!"

"Ahh good...very good!" she steeples her fingers "I have a plan! One that will not waste those last two samples of DNA!"

-----------even more days pass, in a well hidden lab under Kane hall

Jobe once again is frustrated by the mass and complexity of the DNA she works with. But is amazed by how well it's made and what it must have taken to get it to actually... 'work!'

She shoves off from the electronic microscope and sighs out "Finally! After nearly three hundred failures! I have a set doing what I wanted it to do! Gods I have never failed this many times, doing this simple procedure! I wonder what was different this time, that did not happen the last few hundred times?"

(What Jobe did not notice....was that his/her daughter was practicing her magic class on the same lab table as her DNA work and her daughter's essence gathering. It feed the sample what it needed to live ...simple magical essence)

"So what now Mom?" the Drow teen, asks the other Drow Teen.

"Don't call me MOM!....but we wait and see how this 'cooks'.....Then work with what we get!"

"I hope that Rohanna or Fey never finds out about this....or maybe if they do? Can I have your stuff?"

A shocked Jobe glares at her roommate "Is that all I am to you! A wallet!"

"Yes! and you pay off less than a slot machine!"

Jobe's eyes narrow at the girl, but then she dreams of what she is doing. Making a new dream girl, out of what this 'Drow' that fell from the heavens! Or maybe? Make massive changes and improvements to herself!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 2 8:15 am
Kane hall parking lot

Roz and me had drifted off from the Grove at first light and had a great breakfast. After we were done I parted way with her, as I was dieing for time on that new bike of mine!

When I got to the parking lot, the bike was pulled from it's storage and I checked all the fluids out of a long earned habit of doing so. After all that was set, I wondered into the staircase, that lead to the main workshop area below ground level.

As the door opened at the near lowest floor, I actually expected no one to be in this early at all? but what I found was a mad house of kids working on various cars and bikes.

Skids, she spots me from across the shop and runs over to me with a grin on her face. "Hey I heard you got hurt the other morning?.....the rumor is....it was bad? But you don't look it?"

"Well I heal real fast and then add I have other ways to heal faster?" I say back to her with a lopsided grin.

"Well Hardhead is just getting done with your helmet any hoot! Those ears of yours, tossed his fitting program for loops and delayed it till today anyway!"

"Okay so where is he?"

"He's in the clothing labs, in the next room. Let's go see if its ready?"

With a grin to me, she leads me to the next large room where I can just barley see 'Hardhead' working on what should be my helmet. He seems a little frustrated by something as we walk up.

He notes our walking up and glances at us with a twisted smirk "Well Hi there Rohanna! I was just getting done with this helmet of yours. I had to ask Doc Tenent for some clues on how wide to go on your visor and how sensitive your ears and hearing are? And boy was I surprised at the numbers she gave me!"

"I bet and I am sure even those where 'just about this?' kind of numbers? Instead of exact numbers?"

"Yaa they were? How far can you see side to side anyway?"

"Almost all the way behind me. The image is reflected off the inside of my eyeball at the edge, then flipped by my brain and with that? I can see almost all three sixty!" I boast.

"Okay! But on your helmet. I usually use a sensor that watches the eye to show you what is behind ya. But in your case.....no pupil to guide the system? So I went this head movements instead? Hope that works for ya?"

"It should, after we adjust it to fit my style of riding?"

"YEP! That was my idea...great brains think alike!"

He goes to hand me the helmet "So test it out, the main issue I had is with your ears?" and he moves a hand towards one of mine.

I grab that hand before he can get near my head and gently hold it "If you're going to do that? You might as well go ahead and grab some BEWBS while doing it! As touching a ELF in that way is that personal!"

His shocked face stares at me "Ohh sorry about that! I did not know!"

Skids meanwhile is laughing like a manic at his pain "You goof! Told ya!"

I smile at him as I say "No harm, so lets see that fit!" and I take the offered helmet from him.

As I lower it on my head, I feel the insides move away from my ears and then back around them as it is fully seated. With a look around the room the 'heads-up' display kicks in and I can see 'icons' for...map...phone...radio...bike...and extras.

A small glance and head move to one side and the display shows a band on that side of what's behind me. "Tooo cool! I love it! You are going to have to show me all of it!"

"I can, but lets get that off and I can have it custom painted, while I show you all the helmet functions?"

"Sure! lets do this!" and I pull out a armor mask of mine, with it's deaths skull design on it. "This is my trademark, it's on all my suits in someway?"

Skids bumps into my back to get my attention on her "Hey ya got leathers?"

"Nope was thinking to use my armor...and maybe make a set for this later?"

"The body scanner is open, so we can 'cook' you up one real fast! Then we can use real leather and a silk-cotton liner, like the helmet has for your allergies?"

"Okay?"

"Well lets us girls do that while, Headache does that paint job?"

"Hey! not that again! That was only one design that caused that!"

After skids giggles at his pain, she leads me off to another room, once in and the door is shut. She yells at me "STRIP!" and laughs.

I get her bad, when I do 'strip' so fast to my undies, it shocks her "Hey I meant in the dressing room!" she warns.

"Well you asked...and you look cute!"

"Ahh not my cup of tea? But get in the machine and lets get a good scan for the suit shall we?"

Once the scan is done, all my clothes get back on me fast and we go back out to the lab area. She stops me at a workstation, to show me the just finished scan "Well if you get costuming class, this is the same system they use. So what do ya want it to look like?" she asks me.

"Well, I like all black and maybe a black widow symbol on the back and front...to look evil!"

She does some imputing on the system and then looks at me "Done! Do ya want skid pads on the knees?"

"Some small removable ones would be nice?"

"Done and the ones we use...they rarely wear off, as they are so hard. I can add a 'spark' pad to each one for fun?"

"YA I like that...knee dragging with sparks sounds too cool!"

"Now? ya want it tight or lose in fit?"

"Tight as heck, with enough flex for movement?"

"Yep can do, it will be a second skin on ya!"

She shows me a look of it all on the screen and I like it "Can you add a taller collar for wind?"

"Ahh the helmet will connect to the suit, when it's on ya and covers that neck up?"

"Ohhh? did not know that?"

Within a few minutes the machine spits out a finished suit for me, plus boots and Skids hands them to me "All done! now lets see it on ya!"

With her prompting, I go back to the dressing room and undress. Then I squeeze into the nicely made suit, as I go in pulling it on to me, I find no real seams on the suit at all? and the feel inside them is great with that real silk liner! The boots are even better!

Once I am done dressing and outside in the lab again, I have to ask her "The seams are so small on this? How is that?"

"We use a smaller stitching and fuse the leather together now. It lasts a lot longer that way!"

"I love this leather, its so soft and looks durable. Then the silk liner is perfect! I am sure I can add some spells to this all later on and armor it a bit more!"

"Humm spells on leather...that works?" she asks me.

"Yep I embroider them into the cloth or leather and POOF spell is set forever!"

"I might have to 'buy' some of that off ya!...if I can?"

"Sure...but my time is not cheap and I need Mithril thread and that is REALLY not cheap at all!"

"Give me some basics on what you can do?"

"Ohh a shield spell to deflect bullets off your arm, fire resistance, and over all toughening? There are others too?"

"We will talk on that later on!"

"Yep!"

Now Skids leads me back to the main lab and Hardhead who is just getting my helmet out of the paint machine. He checks it and goes to hand it to me.

Once he spins around from his work to see me standing there, he starts to say "Ahh Rohanna! Here is that...that..that" and he starts gulping air like a trout, as his brain has left the building.

I take the helmet from his hands, as I jest him "Keep that look up and someone will toss a hook into that mouth and land ya!"

He does not even hear me now, I wiggle back and forth and his eyes never leave my chest. With its half way zipped up front, showing the red bra I wear under the suit.

"Hey Hardhead....hardhead...my face is up here!" I point up at my face from my chest line.

Skids does not miss an opportunity and slaps the crap out of him! The sound of that hit reverberates off the walls, along with his yelp of pain!

"Hey what gives!" he now cries back at her, while massaging a large red handprint on his cheek.

"Well it was either a slap or a kick in the nuts!" she yells back at him "You goof! All you could do, was stare at her boobs!"

"Sorry...but they look so great in that suit!"

"Ahh yep?" I say a little put off and embarrassed that he just said that out loud!

WACK! goes her hand, yet again on his face "And you wonder why you don't get dates! With a mouth like that....you never will!"

I hear a chuckle from the teachers office "Now ya know why he is called "Hardhead!'....all that crap from him!"

"Well lets get onto what the helmet does for ya and you can get going!' he finally says to me, as his brain clears from the sight it saw and the beating he got at Skids hands!

He then leads me to a workstation and goes over the basics on it with me "Here is your heads-up. With that, it can show a map, the rear view, a vid call, who is texting ya, and then other ways to see farther. Night vision, with thermal and telephoto! But you have all that already and more from what I hear?"

I nod back to him "Yep I do!"

"But onward. The helmet connects to your bike, showing speed and other gauges the engine has. Then we and others can chat to you with the built-in sat-phone. Like Bunny uses on her's! Then add, it video records....and we can erase that...just incase" he whispers to me "Next we always have at least one person at home base here, when someone is out riding or driving as a back up to help ya out....incase?"

"Great Got it all and I will find out the rest as I go?"

The helmet slides on my head and it must sense the riding suit. So it links the short collar of the helmet, with the suit and seals. Then I feel some coolness on my back suddenly.

"Hey what's with the water I feel on me!"

"Ohh that is the built in cooling and heating unit in the helmet, mating with the one in the suit. So you can ride in better comfort?"

"Got it....I am off!"

Once outside I hop on the bike and fire it up. The engine guns, a little tire smoke for fun and off to the security office I go!

Just inside the security office doors, the desk officer sees me and without hesitation points at Everheart's office with a sigh "She is in...go."

"Thanks...But maybe this one time I am here for something else?"

"Sure ya are?" his eyes roll at me.

As I enter Everheart's office, she slides a orange soda to me on her desk..she knows me so well now "Well I can guess by the leathers? You're here to get a off campus pass to go riding? Unless that outfit is for some new Drow sport...like combat ping pong?" she laughs.

"Nope you're right as usual...riding. But combat ping pong? That sounds fun! We can make up all the rules for it!"

Everheart slides a pass to me, as she warns me "Have fun and stay in contact with us. AND no going crazy out there!"

"Yes ma'am....no crazy" I squeeze my fingers together to her "Maybe a little...nuts?"

"Just take it easy....have fun." she smiles at me.

With the bike back under me, I roll to the main gate slowly and get used to the 'feel' of the bike again. At the gates, I show that pass of mine, to the guard in the shack there and cringe at the Nightgaunts that sit on the school gates. I am sure one is watching me!

The guard waves me off and I do a burnout for fun.....my first of many!

As I hit the main roads just past the well hidden academy drive, Hardhead comes over the helmets speakers to me "Hey Rohanna, I laid out a nice test route for ya. It's easy to start, then gets some nice curves and then finishes with some nice straights. Then add it passes Saturdays meeting spot at 'Kent's bar and grill' so you can see it, before we all get there. Too bad it's not open on weekdays?"

"Cool show me please?"

The heads-up, shows the road in the far right corner of the display and I am off!

For the first few hours of running the bike, I keep it slow and steady. So that I can get used to my bike and how my body is 'shaped' now? As my balance is way different from what I was used to in the past.....as a male!

As I run faster and faster. I find my body finds it's easier to run hard and my mind can keep up with the speed even easier. After getting a great 'feel' for the bikes limits, I start running hard and leaning into turns at over eighty.

Everheart watches her feed of my ride, on her computer screen and sees how I am doing, then notes the speed I am climbing too. She grins a little, as she clicks to talk to Hardhead "Hey Hardhead?"

"Ma'am?"

"What do ya think of Rohanna?"

"She has skills, she did not go off and run fast till she felt the bike was ready for it. Then she crept up in speed till she knew her abilities could do it. That shows me, she has lots of experience on bikes?"

"Yes she does.....from the past. But good to see she is having fun....a little fast fun tho?" she warns.

"Ya I will talk to her on that when she gets back? That fine ma'am?"

"Yes...fine. Good day!"

Hardhead whispers to me on a separate channel the heads-up shows "Hey keep it down....Everheart does and is watching you!"

"Got it!....thanks!" and I wind it down a bit.

As I wind that speed down.

Sam remembers why she knows Rohanna better than most....Bill has trusted her with some of the Drow's smaller secrets, so that she can get to know her better. Bill thought that of all the staff at the academy...the old admiral in the new girl shell. Sam would understand better than some psycho doc! That has no experience in combat.

Near the noon hour I pull up to a rather large bar lot and its even larger parking lot. I can see the sign says 'closed' but the lot has dozens of cars in it. A glance around me, finds the main sign...Kent's bar and grill....then one small sign on the post. It's trying hard to look hand made, but is not "No MCO allowed!" it jests...or warns!

"Hey Hardhead? what is this place Kent's? You said it would be closed? But its full of cars? What gives?" I ask, as I look about.

"Ahh I bet there is a closed meeting going on, the Syndicate and others use that place. As it's as close to neutral ground as you can get?"

"Really?"

"Yep....so don't sit there and stare. Someone might not like that!"

"Okay...but why is the place neutral ground?"

"Because us kids go there on weekends, so it grew to that. We will tell ya the rest tomorrow!"

"Ohh cool!"

As I guide the bike off the bar's driveway, a large man by the large main doors notes me and shoos me away. I give him a nod and leave...fast! REAL fast! The bike roars under me, the shriek of the pipes fills the canyon and I am blasting fast past one hundred an hour.

As I lean into a curve and have to 'pull' the bike down "Hey Ro? Everheart is watching this ya know?" Hardhead states on that auxiliary channel.

"Well let her watch this!" and I gun the bike into a up coming flat straightaway, well over one hundred fifty.

"She is still watching I bet....But just so ya know....say 'blackout' twice and the helmet stops sending us video and pictures. Then the last five minutes gets....sorta....lost?"

"Good to know? So what turns it back on?" I ask while slowing a bit, to one hundred twenty for the next curve.

"Whiteout twice and its back on. But slow down till you learn that road?....please?"

"I got it in my mind now....we Drow never forget....Sometimes I wish I could thou!" and I give the bike under me more 'wrist' to go faster!

"Well that's good?"

"Yep...see ya in a few!...Blackout..blackout.." I say next and his voice drops. And now I push the bike up to nearly two hundred on the next straight.

When I slow and lean for the next curve. The helmet warns me 'radar ahead---left--state police'.........on the text display and it even outlines the car for me hiding behind a row of bushes. Gaea I love this kid and his helmet!

The bike takes the next curve, in front of the cop at nearly one hundred thirty and I grin at him as I pass. That cops guns his car out of the hide in a flurry of dust to get to me. But I am going so fast, he will never catch up to me!

A smile crosses my face as the state trooper's car fades fast behind me and I get to watch it all in that heads-up display of my rear! On the next set of curves, I pass a few cars and on the last one leading to a long straight to the schools drive. A state trooper is trying to slow me up ahead by using traffic! He has four cars piled up behind him and 'hogs' the road too!

My inner voice only says to me 'What a moron! On this bike I could lose the devil itself!'

And I gun the engine even higher as I blast past him. As I rush past him on the straight, he actually tries to swipe me, with the whale of a cruiser He is driving! That gains him the 'finger' salute from me and me remembering his face and that unit number!

'Ohhh if I was not on probation! I would...... Remain calm'.....comes that newer mantra of mine.

My ride just peaks two hundred, when I have to slow to make the schools driveway. As I do I say "Whiteout...whiteout. Hey Hardhead ya still there!" I check the radio now.

"Yes I am?"

"So how much for the Helmet?"

"One thou should cover it?"

"Well you will take TWO! and like it!" I warn and joke him.

My bike slows for the guard shack to give him my ID. But he waves me past, as someone coming back on the same bike and looking like me...not very likely trying to sneak into the campus!

After I get to the parking lot and let the bike cool down. The fluids get checked again and I store it. After a short job downstairs, I pay off Hardhead with my credit card and get my clothes back on.

As I leave the labs Skids yells at me "Be here at SIX. As we all go to eat and listen to the ride leaders, then we go!"

"I will be here or in Doyle!" I laugh back as I open the door to the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------

As I cross the campus to go and have dinner or a late lunch, I dwell on something that has been bugging me since Gothmog told me. That Reverend Roberts was after me and Sara. Did this Reverend Englund, send him?

I want to get this over with.....I want to talk with this man!

The large door of Dillon chapel opens to me, once inside. One of the many assistants running around spots me "Can I help you...child?" he asks.

"Yes please...sir? I want to talk to Reverend Englund if I can?"

"I might be able to help?"

"No thanks, only him please?"

"Let me show you to his office." and he leads me to the rear of the building and to a large office door. The magic wards on this door and building are huge! Almost as good as ARC uses for the most part. The only gap I see, is that the building ...it is a church...so anyone can get in!

In a few minutes, he opens a door "Reverend? There is a student here to talk to you in private?"

Englund looks up from a book, on his desk he was reading and says in a most cold tone to me "You...why are you here?"

"That was not the greeting I was expecting for our first meeting....sir? Your manners?" I left off the Reverend on purpose, to make him mad.

"Well then...I will talk with you?" he says, then waves the other man to leave and close the door.

After the door closes, I ask him with a grin "Can I place a spell to keep this a private conversation?.....sir?"

"And what if I say no?"

"I leave and we never talk again...simple AND the dice of fate is tossed and you can't stop it!" I stare back at him.

"So, you don't trust me?"

"No I don't...trust is earned not given by a Drow!" I inform him.

He nonchalantly waves at me "You can do as you please....as long as your swear that its only a privacy ward spell."

"You doubt my WORD!"

"Actions not words, you said it!"

"Drow...don't lie, we can't. But you humans...all you do is lie!"

He just stares at me as he asks again "Well?"

"Fine...I swear on my true name that the next spell I do is only a privacy ward on this room and it will only last till I leave...this room."

After I toss it to the ceiling, he glances at it and seems to try to 'read' the spell

I giggle at him "Good luck figuring that one out, that spell is older than humans are and I know that even Aunghadhail does not know it!" I boast.

"Humm you are a trained mage too and you know the rules of a proper oath?"

"Yes...sir?"

"Reverend...please. I earned that title."

"Okay Reverend and my title is Sword Mistress or Bow Mistress...please. As I earned them years ago?"

"Would Miss Leigh do for now?" he asks, as he closes that book.

"Yes Reverend, it would."

"So why the visit?"

"I have to ask before we really start why you were so mad at seeing me today?"

"You protected Sara, during that Boston incident, that DEMON is influencing the campus to evil! She has you in her clutches ...I can help free you!"

"You can not 'free' me. I am not bound to her in anyways that I did not choose by freewill!"

"You swore to her?"

"No not in her words or ways? BUT! were you part of that Boston attack on me!"

"NO I would never attack on a open street and hurt citizens!"

"Good to hear, that you do have some morals."

"I do!"

"Now tell me why Sara must die? As it makes no sense to me?"

"Why should I tell you? You serve her!"

"I said, I came here of my own free will and still have it. I can tell Sara to go way and she has no real hold on me!"

"How do I know you are not lying?"

"WATCH your words PRIEST!" I growl "We Drow can not lie...ever! Ask your precious Aunghadhail!"

"She is not here now to ask?"

I toss my cell phone on his desk "Call her then and ask?"

"I will!" and he dials the phone and puts it on speaker, so I can hear too. After Nikki comes on and she is confused at the call "Miss Reilly, can I please talk to Aunghadhail? This is Reverend Englund."

"Yes Darren, what can I do for you?" Aung's voice asks, in a not too friendly tone and uses his first name?

"I have Miss Leigh here. She states a fact to me, that Drow can't lie. Is this true?"

"YES!" she nearly yells "They do not lie...ever! It is part of them and Rohanna has a Geas on her even beyond that! Please Priest...do not press her on this. That action would be most dangerous!"

"Thank you my lady" and he hangs up.

"So are you going to insult me more and I leave. Then fate does what it may from there?"

"I will not insult your honor anymore. So what was the question again?"

"Why do you hunt Sara?"

"Because she is GOO! You know the damage they can do! You were there!" he yells and jumps to his feet.

"Yes I was there! I was remade to hunt and kill them...that was my only job in life, till Aunghadhail and her stupid sisters made the mistake of using us Drow for petty royal squabbles and wasted our lives doing it!"

"So what does that matter now?" he asks, totally ignorant of what I just said.

"Did you not hear me? I hunt the GOO and if I do not see a danger within Sara? Then she is a good creature, not an evil one!"

"So you are sure of this!"

"As sure as one can be...one that hunted them for forty thousand years! And how many years have you done that work?...... hunting them...Seventy years at best!"

"Okay...I can understand that...for now? But you protect her?"

"And I protect Nikki and Aunghadhail. Even thou I should kill Aunghadhail! Because of the mess she left behind in death and the VAST PAIN she caused!"

"I knew you were evil! I was told you nearly killed Nikki on your first day!"

"But I did not! I stopped myself when I saw Nikki the innocent child Sidhe, that holds Aunghadhail in her!"

"Fine, so now you guard Nikki?"

"Yes....with my very life!" I yell at him "Then add Carson has chosen me to help guard this very campus from evil and hunt it from here!" I eye him, as he might be my first kill on that promise made to Carson!

"Well I can't understand you protecting Sara? It makes no sense?"

"It just is, if I saw evil in her and that threatened Nikki? She would be dead!"

"Good, but that can't be your only question?"

"Yes, I have to ask twice. You had nothing to do with the Boston attack or know who did it?"

"No, I have no idea who that was behind it?" He says and I can tell...he is not lying to me!

"Well I do! It was Reverend Roberts one of your past protégés! He planed it and keeps on attacking."

"Well that is his doing not mine!" he stops to think a little "Besides if I did that and was found out! I would be banned from this campus forever!"

"Well warn him off! As he has brought ME into this fight of you silly humans and that will not end well!"

"What proof do you have?"

"Call him!" then I pull one of those large twenty millimeter canon shells from my storage and toss it to his desk with a thud.

"What's this!" he asks as he picks it up and examines it.

"That was his last try to kill me and Sara. But this time, he used cold iron in the shells to try to kill me! Then add your precious Nikki would have been there too! AND DEAD! from that hitting her! But she was saved from that, via a family meeting!"

"This proves nothing?"

"Call him on it! But in any case! His actions have handed Sara and her father the most dangerous weapon indeed!"

"What is that?" he asks.

"ME!" and I turn to leave him.

"Miss Leigh? Can I talk to you later on this?"

"Yes, but warn that human off me and Sara. I have enough blood on my hands and do not wish to wash them in even more!"


-----------------------------------------------------------------

After I leave his office Englund almost leaps to his phone book and flips thought the pages. He rings the number and waits. Then is given another to call and told to wait for a return call.

An hour or more passes, then the phone rings and he grabs it on the first ring.

"Roberts...this is Englund."

"Yes my old mentor and friend. What can I do for you tonight?"

"Are you trying to kill Sara Waite the GOO here and her friend the Drow?"

"Yes, I continue the work you started and can't do with others holding you back!"

"So you did that viscous Boston attack that killed civilians!"

"Yes that was one of my attacks?"

"ONE! you have done more than ONE!" he shouts at the phone and the understanding of the large shell, I tossed on his desk dawns on him.

"Yes my old friend. The first was that Boston mess and four good men died at her hand! Then I sent three more to kill them both, with a sniper rifle! None of them returned, I am sure they are dead or worse....their souls are being tortured!"

"Stop! You must stop these attacks. You are driving the perfect assassin to Sara! She will kill you all...that I am sure of!"

"Let her come, GOD protects us!"

"He may or may not! But this is no child elf you have angered. She is a trained killer with thousands of years of experience within her, the only thing holding her back is a promise not to kill. And your attacks opens that door for her to defend herself, this campus and the children here!"

"Like I said...let her come! Soon enough she will be dead and the beast will be unshielded!"

"You do know she is a defender of the elves of the past and present! She fought the GOO of old and has no issue with this one, I am thinking to follow her lead on this....but I am not sure yet? As I have many questions!"

"I am sure and don't have questions! the beast and her are aligned! She...the elf, has to die!" then the phone goes silent.

England slams the phone on the desk as he yells "That moron will get me tossed off the board and the campus! Then no one will watch over Sara or my Fey!"

----------------------------------------------

My phone in my pocket buzzes and I take it out. I found a text from Ayla is on it 'All the money is here and deposited. I have that one account, with twenty million in it set-up for a scholarship fund. The rest is invested as we talked. Have a good day!'

'Great!' My mind celebrates 'now I can go tell Circe and Carson the good news!'

With a port I am at Kirby hall and I leap down the stairs to the lower level. After a fast run down the hallway, I knock softly on Circes open doorway "Ma'am can I come in?"

"Sure...but please make it fast, as I was just leaving for the night!"

"Yes ma'am. I am here to thank you for the 'deal' coming through as planed."

"Hey I owe you on that one! Now we know that stone is in the correct hands for now!"

"Well now that the deal is done, I can tell you part of my plans. The money...part of it is for a full ride scholarship for us Fae creatures that need to come here."

"Very well! Now I am really glad to be involved in that, then the rest?"

"It will do the same in a different way someday? That part may take decades or centuries to finish? But I hope not?"

"Well I have to go, so see you this next week in class?"

"Yes ma'am you will...."

------------------

Later on, I am just entering Carson's office and Elaine sees me coming at her "Well you're not in trouble? Then add I have not heard any sirens that you are? So why are you here?"

"Elaine I sure hope you are joking? I am not that bad?"

"No you're not, but why the visit?"

"Is she in? I have something to ask her?"

Elaine nods and taps the intercom button, since she is wearing a headset I get most of what Carson says. Then the door clicks open and Elaine waves me in.

Mrs. Carson greets me with a smile and a wave to a waiting chair "I hope this visit is a good one?"

"It is" I say as I get seated.

"Well what brings you in today Miss Leigh?"

"Ma'am, I am sure you heard that I was selling gems to a group lead by Circe?"

"Why yes, anything that strange and big, she would tell me....why?"

"Well I am here to tell you what that money was in part for......it's for a Fae only scholarship. Twenty million to start, more will be added as need grows?"

"Now I am surprised! I though you might buy a racing team or something!" she laughs at me.

"No nothing so small and careless as that....my bike is a hobby that lets me relax and think."

"But what of the vast rest of the exchange...I have to ask?"

"It will do the same in a larger way, some day....soon I hope?"

"I am no fool I can guess what you want and by doctor Otto's last e-mail to me. I am sure of that idea now, you want all Sidhe land to call your own?"

"Yes, But that will take sometime to come....decades or hundreds of years? That I am sure of!"

"Maybe not as long as you think? Look at the campus numbers of your kind here today! We have eight of you here now, an almost unheard of number of Sidhe in one spot! Then add in, the other Fae children here and that number grows very fast!"

My mind jumps at the thought 'There are lots of us here now! That is good and bad! We might see that coming storm I feel even faster! I have to train these kids faster now!' I almost say that out loud to her, as it is the important! But don't.

"Yes ma'am we are growing in numbers again, but please anyone who needs that fund? Please see that they have their needs filled?"

She says to me as I stand to leave "Yes certainly and I will consult with you on each child that may use or need this fund, before proceeding in giving any of it to them?"

"That will be fine by me, Good day Ma'am?"

"Yes and good day to you."

-------------------------------------------------------

end

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
245 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awesome

jennifer breanna's picture

Ro is a very interesting character and is always interesting to read about. I can't wait to find out what she does when Aung passes.

So the assassin is a

So the assassin is a shapeshifter, with some kind of mimic bike (say with a holographic projection), obviously not the same one, as it is rare and a model that's made to order. Poor Englund doesn't realize his old friend and protege is lost to another GOO. Said GOO's likely primary target is Ro, more effort is being made to take her out than it is to take Sara out, Roberts likely doesn't fully realize he's being used, save for the "benefactor" providing a blade made to kill Drow, he may not be aware of its presence, or has been corrupted past the point of salvation.

???

shadowsblade's picture

where did ya get the impression that the assassin was riding a bike?

did I goof on a description or something?

but you reading that and seeing me be that crazy to try and hide it...makes me feel good that I got you into the story!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Well this for one

"My bike slows for the guard shack to give him my ID. But he waves me past, as someone coming back on the same bike and looking like me...not very likely trying to sneak into the campus!"

OOH ooops I totally misread that..

still we know they are already on campus, however Roberts didn't hire the likes of Tinsnip, or any Whateley grad for that matter, as they wouldn't have taken the job. Of course, as its a mythos blade that the assassin was given, it stands little chance of getting near her undetected, even if it does, Violet is there to warn her.

This chapter certainly

This chapter certainly brighten my day, after just getting over major surgery. Just got a clean bill of health and my medical issue did not show any cancer as the doctor believed initially. Besides, "Life and the World, is all good, when there is ICE CREAM"; and oh, did I forget to mention Chocolate?

glad it helped!

shadowsblade's picture

hang in there!

more chocolate!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Thank you Shadowsblade

This time my imagination mess up. I still can't figure out how did the 360 vision of Rohanna practically work. Hahaha. Kudos.

kinda like this

shadowsblade's picture

its not full 360, she has a blind spot. But its real small, just behind her. A small twist and she can see that spot pretty well and fast. But this is one reason why Violet is there, she covers that spot.

Then add in that fight she had with Constance, her buddy jumped on her back and found out what else covers that spot....with a BOOM!

but how I see it for her? is that she has very wide set eyes, then add no center pupil, so she sees all of the world at the same time.
then in each edge, she gets a refection off the inside of the eye of the far-side and her brain sees that too and flips it to see a little farther around.

so all that added to thermal, night, ultra violet and others. Her brain is really busy at times processing all that! Plus ears! and smell

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Loving the story. making for

RavenOcelot's picture

Loving the story. making for a very good read. please keep them coming.

Keeping her promise

Jamie Lee's picture

Ro kept her promise to Mrs. Carson that she would not fight, even though those three AHs hurt her badly.

Those three are very ignorant in what could have happened to them had Ro defended herself, or the creatures of the grove provided that protection. Especially if the BaneSidhe got involved.

They also don't realize they now owe her their lives, since all three were about to be shipped off to the MCO. Or she could have had them given either to Sara's father or the nymphs.

Those three got off easy in having to clean all of Hawthorn. But they will be on Niki and Sara's poo poo list. And maybe many others. All three best hope they don't have to spar during martial arts with any who are super pissed at them.

That motorcycle can really hum. They need to get Ro somewhere where she can really put it through it's paces without worry about the highway patrol. Or other traffic.

Roberts, like the guy Ro turned over to Sara's father, doesn't fully understand the cat he's trying to grab by the tail. And he really doesn't understand how short his life will be if he he has Sara killed. He really should stick to acting like a priest. Or go explore the canyons on Mars.

The build up that's occurring has to culminate in one really hairy fight. One where those who start it suddenly wish they hadn't.

Others have feelings too.

So Roe

is starting to come clean with Carson? Seems unlike her in several levels. I have to wonder what will happen to truck and company?