The Ideal Image

Printer-friendly version

Author's Note: Hi, I'm Unknown_Person and this is my first story. It may be small, but its a start.
This came to me while tossing and turning in my bed at midnight, I hope you enjoy
.

The Ideal Image

“Hey,” I said to my friend Josh. “Do we have academic team practice today?”
For most people spending extra time after school to take tests and answer random questions may seem like torture, to me and my friends it was what drove us to be better.

“Yeah, starts at four” Josh replied enthusiastically.I had known Josh since sixth grade, with our mutual love for knowledge and the academic team, we became fast friends. As I looked down at my watch I wondered if I would ever be strong enough to tell the team my deepest desire. When I was ten I started to notice girls where different, and not just in the obvious ways. They wore softer clothes that made me envious to no end. It was OK for girls to cry or show whatever emotion they where feeling. I came to, what was at the time a startling realization, that I wanted to be like them, to be a girl.

For some one who lived where I did this was not an acceptable wish. If the people of my community knew about this, I would be lucky to be able to walk. I lived in one of the most conservative Christian places in America. I was smart enough to keep my secret hidden. The feeling of being in the wrong body started to take it’s toll on me. I would spend nights softly crying myself to sleep praying to become a girl overnight. I resorted to liberating clothes from my mother that i thought should would not notice where missing. I somehow managed to survive with no one the wiser.

The time was 3:45 as I looked back up to Josh. When we first met, he was a little on the short side standing at about four six opposed to my four eight. As the years went by he grew into his looks. Josh had dark brown hair that was just longer than a crew cut, with hazel eyes that you would swear could look into your soul. His face was without a blemish and his skin tan. He was just barely shorter than me now, during out junior year of high school, an average five ten. He weighed at most one-hundred and forty pounds soaking wet. I inherited my fathers looks. I am five eleven with sandy blonde hair that I kept swept to the side, and dull brown eyes. I weighed two-hundred and fifty-two pounds which firmly put me into the morbidly obese category for my height. Josh kept straight A’s, while I had a mix of A’s and B’s. He could score thirty points alone in a single match of quick recall, which was a two team match with each team having four players, where you answered rapid fire questions. While I could only score ten. He envisioned everything I could become if I was not secretly transgender.

As I walked into Mr. Jackson’s (our academic team coach) room I looked around at the people I had called teammates for five years. There was Lisa who stood at five one had blood red hair, and suspected I was depressed. Also there was Brent and Emily who where dating and both shared blonde hair and where extremely photogenic. Finally there was Steve our designated math person who had black hair and stood at five eleven. Our rag tag bunch was tight knit and fairly open with each other, except for the secret I had kept from everyone including my family. Our team even ate a thanksgiving dinner together every year. I felt a pang of guilt as we started practice, that I had not told them, but fear kept me in hiding.The team had been getting progressively better at answering question consistently and quickly.

“Hey, stay and help put up the buzzers,” Mr. Jackson exclaimed at the end of practice. We all started to unhook the buzzer system and put it back into its box. I felt conflicted on whether I should tell them or not, it would be a big weight off my chest to have someone else know, but I decided i could not take the risk.

“Do we have practice tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Mr. Jackson replied “At the same time as today.”

As I trudged to my moms mini-van I felt more alone than ever, I had a chance to tell my closest friends, but I too afraid to do it. my mom noticed my mood.

“What’s wrong Jacob?” she asked me with a concerned expression.

“Nothing mom,” I replied faking a smile. It was convincing enough for her I hadn’t genuinely smiled in years. I stared out the car windows lost in thought and drifted off to sleep.

“Wake up, we’re home!” my mom said waking me from my sleep. As usual I went straight to my room to play games on my computer, anything to distract me from my miserable life. I booted up a random game where no one knew who I was or cared, sorta like my current social status. After defeating a few hordes of enemies and playing a few hours it was time for dinner, or I guess what passed for dinner in out house. A re-heated meal of left-over mac and cheese and mashed potatoes from the night before. I devoured all that was left. I had, a few years ago, started to eat whenever I was upset or sad, which lead to rapid weight gain and a multitude of health problems. I retreated back to my room which had became my refuge where I could let my fake smile drop and could cry without being told “you have no right to be sad” by my family.
I fell Asleep that night on my futon/bed as I usually do, crying my self to sleep.

My alarm clock woke me up at a early 6:15 AM. I gathered up a clean outfit consisting of a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, to hide as much of my unsightly body as I could and went to take a shower. As the hot water hit me washing away the remnants of the night before’s ever present nightmares, I leaned my head against the wall. I washed my shaggy hair with the usual axe shampoo my parents bought and the old spice body wash, wishing that instead of the scent being “Phoenix” and “Swagger” they were “lavender” and “coconut butter”. The ride to school was as boring was ever with my wandering my thoughts trying to block out as much of reality as I could.

My first class of the day was history, which in which I paid just enough attention to understand the content, who cares who gave what speech when and where. After almost an hour of a droning lecture in history, I moved on to my English class, probably the class I needed the most work in. I never could understand all the nuances of the English language. My third class of the day was my algebra class, today we had the weeks homework assignment due as it was Friday. After third period, I had lunch, today was a chicken nugget day. As I sat and dunked my measly four nuggets into ketchup, Josh sat down.

“ Hey Jacob!” he greeted me, “I’ve been working all week after school on this machine I invented” he explained. Josh loved to tinker and invent new things, even if they mostly didn’t work. “I can’t wait to show the team today at the end of practice.”

“What does it do?” I asked somewhat intrigued.

“You will have to wait and see, you won’t believe it,” he replied

“Does it actually work this time?”

“I’ve tested it man, this one works,” now I was curious. It was rare when one of his machines worked. I spent the rest of my classes pondering what this machine he had made would do. Multiple times teachers commented on my absent mindedness and I made excuses saying I had a headache.

As academic team practice ended and Mr. Jackson left, me, Josh, Lisa, Brent, Steve, and Emily where still there. Josh placed his backpack onto one of the tables and pulled out a small rectangular metal box with a clear dome on top that had several switches.

“Under the dome is a small meteorite, that landed just outside of town” Josh explained

“What does it do?” Lisa asked

“Just wait I’ll get to that, this meteorite I’ve discovered has some supernatural properties. It reads your mind and augmented with this machine can alter your body to what you perceive is the ideal image of you.”

“I don’t know” Brent replied rather skeptically.

“I’ll show you, for instance say you have always thought of yourself as being stronger, the machine would make you look and feel more muscular!” As Josh explained this I crawled under a cabinet in the corner and pulled a table against it so I could not be seen. If this machine really worked and they saw me I would have a lot of explaining to do.

I heard the machine clicking and felt a small intrusion into my mind, like someone was looking through my thoughts. Then I felt the physical changes. My bones started shortening until I was five three and the my hiding spot became more comfortable. I felt the majority of my body fat melt away until I weighed around one fifteen. My shoulders compressed with an audible crack to become slender and feminine, while my hips expanded. Body far redistributed to my thighs, butt, and chest, I felt my stomach become flat and toned. My nipples enlarged and became more sensitive as large B cup breasts sprouted on my chest. My mens size 13 shoes fell of my small and slender feet. I softly moaned in my new feminine voice as my testicles and penis became ovaries and a vagina. I felt my skin become soft and hairless as my nose became small and upturned, my eyes became rounder and larger as my face became more oval shaped. I felt my now raven black hair fall down to the middle of my back.

“It worked!” I heard a surprised Brent yell. As my other team-mates took stock of the changes in each other, Josh noted my absence.

“Hey, wheres Jacob?” Josh asked worriedly.

“Look over there!” Lisa exclaimed pointing at the table I had pulled over to the cabinet to hide myself. “Jacob I know your under there please come out, we won’t judge you,” she said in a comforting tone.

“Help me move the table Josh,” Brent said.

I felt the table start to move and grabbed on to try to hold it still, but with my reduced size and strength they were able to to easily pull me along with the table away from the cabinet. I looked up to see my friends mouth agape as they looked down at me.

“Is that you Jacob?” Lisa asked in disbelief.

“Yes it’s me” I replied in a timid whisper. I broke down and began to sob uncontrollably because they had found out. I felt Lisa sit down beside me and hug me until I was calm enough to tell them how i realized i was transgender when I was ten. “You all probably think im a freak.” I sniffled.

“Never!” they all exclaimed in unison. Lisa and Emily together had enough spare clothes that they could put me a simple outfit together, and I never looked back on my life as a boy.

up
149 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hello

And that was a very lovable first story, where can I find a gadget like that =]

Sara

A good start

You have made a good start with this story, but there are rather a lot of typos which can be fixed by going into 'Edit' and checking through the story. I suggest you do that to make your story even better.
Also - keep writing!

Typos

Yeah, sorry about the typos I didn't see them when I read through, but its hard to edit without Microsoft word. I will work on it in the future

I find Google Docs

Is as good if not at times better than Microsoft word for editing for typos and punctuation. and of course being free is also a plus :)

And Great story by the way. I hope your muse find the time to continue this story showing what trials she must endure and how much help her friends and family could be as she learns to accept her new life

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

OpenOffice and LibreOffice

Brooke Erickson's picture

OpenOffice and LibreOffice are both pretty good, and they are free.

Also, There are programs that can read your files aloud. Some are built into recent versions of Windows and OS-X. Others are free/cheap add-ons.

You'd be amazed at what a difference *hearing* the story makes.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

welcome to Big Closet

nice first effort, hon. Be interesting to see where the character goes from here - do the parents accept their new daughter? Or will she end up struggling to find a place to live?

DogSig.png

Josh? Or Doc Brown?

Daphne Xu's picture

"It was rare when one of his machines worked." -- Did you say his name was Josh? Or was it Emit? (Emmit?) As in Doc Brown?

It was a nice first story. I agree with Dorothy, that it would be interesting to see how his parents react to her. Actually, it would be interesting to see everyone's parents, friends, teachers, etc. react to them all.

I think that "morbidly" obese was strong for his weight.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Weight

Sorry if the description of the weight bothered you I based the character on myself. For my height the ideal weight is suppose to be between 155 pounds and 189 pounds where as I am around 252 pounds or around 114 kg.

Sorry

Daphne Xu's picture

Sorry about that. I just thought that, while 250 lb is overweight, maybe even obese, I didn't view it as morbidly so. I still don't, if that helps any.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

FWIW...

You're right, according to my figures.

On a standard BMI chart, 5-11 252 is in the obese range (210-285). The morbidly obese category starts at 290 (BMI=40). Jacob's BMI is 35. (Mine's 34, for 5-8 224.) Nothing to be proud of, of course...

Eric

Great story .What is with the

Great story .What is with the US and hard core LGBT hating churches.I am glad to be transgender in UK not US out side somewhere like the San Franisco it sounds bad.

US

Well in the US you find people from the extremes of both ends. You find those who accept you without a second thought and then you find those that would attack you.

I tried

EATIMNG MYSELF TODEATH. Istopped when Itranstioned.