The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 19

Comments

Thank You Snow!

For coming through for us with another brilliant chapter!

*hugs*

Sephrena

11352742163_6ac6a811ae.jpg

Big fight coming up~

Looks like trouble is brewing,and it's going to spill over~

Aurora

An effective disguise indeed

Beoca's picture

Never had any worries about the court case. Dawn was very daring to try to slip into that service (not to mention to skip out on the collection), but it worked out. Shaw has declared war - is the station ready for it?

Blinded by greed

I'm thinking that all Shaw can see is $$$ and has been pushing the congregation to interact with the station. With Dawn featuring bullying on her show, it wouldn't take much for a young lady currently being (ab)used by Shaw to listen in, realise something isn't quite right and phone in

I like how Dawn is so very

I like how Dawn is so very quick on the uptake and can definitely hold her own with Blake and even the PI Ryan.
I have a feeling that Blair is going to become a big player in Dawn and Blake's lives and give them some security from the church toads.

Holy Sally

An amazing chapter. I hope she keeps safe, but I'm betting she tries to go undercover or gets kidnapped.

Danger Will Robinson Danger

Please substitute Dawn Crocket for Will Robinson

Great story!

Boys will be girls... if they're lucky!

Jennifer Sue

That ....

Sammi's picture

would make Rev. Shaw, Dr Smith. wouldn't it?


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

I waited for the next chapter

Patrice Ana's picture

I waited for the next chapter all week, then it becomes hours rather days. Then it is minutes and so forth. As enjoyably as always. Am having to re-re-read the entire story again. Thanks

You can't fix stupid even with duct-tape.

Lovely

waif's picture

Looks like things are gonna start hopping big time. What are the chances that Joe and Casey Daniels end up as part of the Shaw gang/cult?

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

I pretended to be a boy.......

D. Eden's picture

Yeah, I did too - for over 50 years.

So glad to see this tonight Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

getting intel on the church

good idea. But Dawn's TG status is still the biggest possible weakness. If the church finds out, you can count on them going full out against her.

DogSig.png

Well...

waif's picture

...we can almost definitely surmise that it will happen.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

question of style

Alecia Snowfall's picture

I was asked a style question. Bordello Jacket or Bolero Jacket. The answer is Bordello Jacket. This is the name from back in the 80's and 90's and still popular among the Gothic crowd. However the Steampunk style has adopted it as well and has been called a coachman's jacket or steampunk tail-jacket now. the general description is this:
made off velvet or velour, fitted to the waist where the front stops. The back drops to cover the butt in either a tiered or separated tail. The cuffs are usually turned over once to end at the wrists and the front buttons across with coordinating or contrasting lapels. Lapels and cuffs usually match. The usual fashion was to wear a ruffled blouse or shirt or a high collared shirt concealed with a cravat. Shirt cuffs were usually extended past the jacket cuffs.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

I get pissed off

I was a member in such a denomination and Swaggert was one of the popular speakers. Then there was Benny Hinn, and John Hagee. They really got on the hate wagon after 9/11 and that is why I left Christianity. They were a real embarassment to legitimate people of faith. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Gwen

YAAAYYY

Finding a new chapter always makes my weekends. Thanks again for another brilliant chapter :)

Hate Christians distort the faith.

enb4448's picture

I am enjoying this story very much. However, I cannot help feeling sad that truly christian people are tainted by these greedy scumbags lining their own pockets. (I know that as christians we are taught to forgive, but these people corrupt everything they touch.) The message of Jesus Christ was LOVE not hatred. Love the Lord thy God and Love thy neighbour as thy self. Only by that method can tolerance be obtained. After all Judgement for all of us will be in heaven NOT on earth. Please allow every person the right to their own beliefs. You never know, they may be right and you wrong....

Hey, Dallas.

joannebarbarella's picture

You got there before me! I've been pretending to be a boy for sixty years!

Lovely chapter, Snow.

Mohel in training

That part was hilarious.
But I'm curious - the USA is perceived as a cut dick country, so why was that guy grossed out?

Circumcision

We're all used to seeing cut penises, but the thought of actually doing it? Ouch! (Actually, it's unusual to see one that is uncut. Some consider it to be gross. I guess it's all about what you are used to.)

Better and better and better

Better and better and better.Love this story just great. You are the best writer around Bob H on FM is good too but you are a class act.WIN_20151108_12_30_51_Pro.jpg

Great story!

I always look forward to reading your work. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Well worth the wait

sugar_britches63's picture

Snowfall this chapter was well worth the wait of the extra day. Dawn has the quick mind of Marty and maybe her mother. It might be nice in a future chapter to get a bit more background on her and even her parents. I realize you are juggeling a lot of characters here but I was wondering where Dawn's maternal grandparents are in all this? That was just me being curious as Marty's parents are there for her.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Beautiful story telling

BarbieLee's picture

Can't believe I didn't catch this chapter yesterday after I did a download of "The Station's Late Nite Princess". I do NOT read serials or incomplete manuscripts. Yet after you smacked me with that Phantom Truckers bit I was curious if all your writing was as intriguing as that one? I always check the timeline of the story to see when the author started. It seems you began this series only four month ago. Unbelievable gift to have this much story already and on top of that you have other series you are writing at the same time.

Okay, the critique, keep in mind only my opinion and I am no longer in the business. You were not Don nor Dawn when you first started this story. She hadn't taken you in yet. The first three chapters would need to be re edited, not in how you were telling the story but in the way you were telling it. Doesn't match up with the rest of the chapters. Got that out of the way. Now, all the little innuendoes, the gotchus, the real life moments are what makes or breaks a story as either blah, okay, or hell yes!. Is the reader drawn in because it is no longer a book or movie, or TV? Personally, your word smith skills are top tier. You are writing from real life experience and it pulls the reader in as they experience too.

I haven't bought any books for entertainment value in many years. Personally I found nothing worth reading for pleasure. The books I buy are training manuals, "How to fly in one easy step" "How to turn your lawnmower into a flying crop duster in a weekend." "Become the next Stepehn King via our easi currospudnce course."

There are several authors in BCTS I would buy their books if their stories were in print. ( I don't kindle) I'm old fashion. I love holding the Real Thing in my hands or admiring the titles on the book shelf. So it's another dead tree. So is toilet paper and no one is complaining about that. Besides, damn hard to get a virus and wipe out the reading material when it isn't electronic.

I'd buy your books. IN A HEARTBEAT!
have fun with life, it's too short to take seriously
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

loved it

another great chapter and what fun, DAwn and Chris seen to be getting on very nice, and Dawn seems to love her dancing lessons, and I can well believe her loving the Cha Cha Cha . it's Sassy just like her.
no major problems as yet but I feel that a certain so called preacher is going to try and cause a lot of chaos and most likely go down just like the titanic.
Cannot wait to see what next week brings.

Matt

Been waiting for this!

gillian1968's picture

The name and gender change made be symbolic, but it's still a bug step forward.

I don't hate all churches, but a friend left a large local church because there was too much pressure about personal appearance and how much to give.

I wonder what teapot is awaiting Dawn.

Gillian Cairns

The BIGGEST question

dawnfyre's picture

Is it Don or Dawn in school now the legal change has happened?

I find it odd that a number of stories / countries have change of name requiring a court appearance. Here a child's parent just fill out the forms and pay the fees to the Vital Statistics Ministry and it is changed. ( forms and fees include criminal record check / fingerprinting even for a child )
and until the child reaches the legal age of majority ( 19 here ) only that child's parents can get information from the government records about the child. IF the parents lost custody to children's services, that government ministry would require a court order of custody to gain access to the information. The only time a court appearance would be involved, the child would not be in attendance unless over the age of 13.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

I'd guess

Sammi's picture

that until Marty and Dawn see the school admin and the state education superintendent to make the arrangements for the change of documents it would be Don.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Couple things

TheCropredyKid's picture

For those who don't know, since he was mentioned in the context of actors who do their own stunts: Burt Reynolds started out as a stuntman; he and Hal Needham were roommates for a while. This was in the days of live TV, when dramatic shows needed actors who could do some stunts or stuntmen who could act a little, so he moved more and more into acting. Big-name stars are discouraged from doing their own stunts these days - insurance companies would prohibit it entirely, if they could.

According to one story about Burt (and Hal Needham), on the film "Gator", which Burt directed, Needham was his stunt double (and stunt coordinator). For the scene where Gator is hanging on the outside of the pickup that rolls, bailing as it does. Burt insisted that Needham had to unload early, for fear the truck would roll on him and crush him. Needham insisted he could hold on further, and that it would look better. Burt overruled him. The moment, when the cameras are rolling and it's "one chance to get the shot", Needham did it his way.

And the truck rolled on him and broke his pelvis.

Burt got his revenge, eventually.

On Needham's film "Hooper", Burt {playing a top stuntman} was supposed to stand on the skid of a helicopter as it lifted just high enough to get sky footage, then step off, and then a cut to along shot of the chopper up high, and a stuntman doing the fall into an air bag. Because star, insurance, film built around him, etc.

As soon as they were in the air, Burt told the pilot to take it all the way up and he did the fall himself.

=============================

About Jimmy Lee Swaggart: when they were kids, he and his two first cousins were hell raisers all over Louisiana and Mississippi. They learnt to play piano together. His cousins have some small fame as piano players, but Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley both insist Jimmy Lee was the best player of the three.

 
 
 
x

Dogs at the door

Jamie Lee's picture

Don now being Dawn is going to either confuse a few at school or really put them off. But if she's found out to be the sultry person of the weekend end air waves, they'll go crazy.

But what may or may not happen at school is a pittance compared what the monsters may have in store.

Because of what those people do, they cause people to be put off from legitimate churches. Those who attend this den of inequity stopped thinking the minute they walked through the door. Shaw told them what they wanted to hear, what they expected to hear. He played them, and continues to play them, like a vintage violin.

He is the worst type of con man, worse even than those who are only after money. While the con man who only wants to cheat someone out of their money doesn't try and hurt the person, Shaw is not only after power but doesn't care if anyone gets hurt while his sheep do his work.

Shaw is the type person who should be helped to get lost in the woods. Forever! And the really sad part is that should something happen to Shaw, his sheep will continue to believe they're right. Even though they are so wrong in many ways.

Others have feelings too.

Politics

Please don't bring current politics into the discussion. This is not the place to have an argument.