Shadowsblade: Dead ringer part 2

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

In this chapter...We find out what happened to Rohanna!

To all my readers, thanks for your posts. I do read each one and some of the ones posted recently, they added to my ideas on where to go in long term plot ideas! So keep posting and thinking out there!

This is the chapter some of you have been waiting for! But it's in three parts to keep it easier to read

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

Just behind me

Everheart is watching me bash that lab door open in one savage kick, after I warned 'Belfy' who I thought for sure was behind it and when it opens. She sees the room is filled with machinery and Belphoebe is indeed inside the lab standing at a control panel, while working fast on it's many buttons.

Before Everheart can even get a word out, one of the machines in the room. A large cylinder opens slowly to a very surprised Belphoebe, who tries desperately to stop it from opening all the way, by operating even more controls on it's own control panel.

When it opens just enough, green goo rushes out in a growing torrent onto the floor and she can see something moving around inside it...something person sized! The body inside the tube leans out of the thick slimy goo, then glances at Rohanna and screams....The body looks to be Rohanna's twin...a clone of her for sure.

Both Drow scream out in vast pain, then the real Rohanna grabs suddenly at her head and falls to the floor like a rag doll. As she falls down, her head smacks a table and she rolls under it.

The twin still in the tube, ends her scream and then falls back into the tube with a gooey plop. After the body falls all the way back into the tube, it never moves again, it just breathes in and out slowly.

Violet, who was perched safely on Rohanna's shoulder. She goes to wing instantly when Rohanna fell out from under her and hovers over Rohanna's still body. Violet starts crying instantly, her tears running down her small face, as that tiny body racks deep in sadness.

Then Violet, shouts out over her own tears, "You destroyed her! I can't hear her, feel her, nothing anymore!" she cries on even louder at Belfy.

Next Violet grows to full size, something Everheart did not know she could do! "My sister is gone, You killed her!" she cries on, "Vengeance is mine!" she shouts out in a battle cry Everheart is now sure of.

Violet flips what should be her small spear to her hand, normally it's as long as a pencil. But now it's huge, she spins it to a throwing stance and aims right at Belphoebe!

Violet's hand falls in years of practice to that 'sweet' spot on the spears shaft and takes aim at the center of Belphoebe's head! Violet knows deep down that she should protect this child, but she has crossed a line and Rohanna is gone because of it! Vengeance is called for, the blood bond demands it.

Just before that spear gets hurled at Belphoebe, Everheart intercedes in Violet's smooth practiced motion with a shove and the spear misses her head by less than an inch. The long spear drives its way nearly two feet, through a machine mounted on the far wall and several inches deep into the hard stone behind it.

If Everheart had not shoved Violet just then, Belphoebe's head would be 'pinned' to the wall like a dying bug! Violet surly intended on killing the other Drow right there and then...no doubt about it!

"That will not stop me!" Violet shouts at Everheart and starts to stalk toward Belphoebe.

"No don't Violet, Rohanna is not dead!" But the plea falls on deaf ears, as Everheart's hand grabs Violet's arm. When Violet sees that her vengeance is now stopped by that steel grip of Everheart's hand. Violet shrinks out of Everheart's hand and flies right at Belphoebe.

But she does not attack her just yet! Violet flies past her at great speed and grows to full size. Her hand goes to her spear jammed into the wall and she shrinks again, so the spear pulls from the wall with ease.

"YOU DIE NOW!" she renews her cries for vengeance and flies at Belphoebe.

Everheart sees her chance at the fast flying, hell bent Pixie. And snatches her from the air, then Violet thrashes all about trying to get lose from Everheart's grip

"LET ME GO!" Violet's tiny voice blares out in anger.

"No calm down first!"

"No," Violet shouts and jams her spear into Everheart's hand to no avail. Because Everhart is not human anymore, she is over Ninety percent Nano machine after her last accident and the little spear does no real damage.

Everheart see that the small Pixie will not give up in her quest to harm Belphoebe just yet? So she tosses the struggling Pixie into one of the small animal cages in the room. Luckily this is a reinforced one, or the Pixie as mad as she is. She would have it torn apart in seconds.

"LET ME GO!" she shouts out from inside the tough metal and plastic box.

"NO! You are staying in there till you calm down!" Everheart warns the Pixie.

"I will get out soon!" she warns Everheart, then yells across the room to the teen Drow, "Belphoebe, let me out of this and I will end you quickly because you are a fellow Fae! Don't let me out right now and I will make it my goal in my life to kill you so slowly... they will write songs about it!"

"Wow, She is really mad at me!" Belphoebe sighs out.

"Don't take her threats lightly, she means it and can or will make them happen!" Everheart tells the dark elf, while she checks the locks on the small cage and checks again to make sure the cage itself is secure.

Once she is done with that, she places the cage on the floor and she joins one of the guards tending to the fallen Drow. "How is she doing?" she asks while looking over Rohanna herself..

"She has a nasty bump on the head and it's healing very fast. But she is not responding at all for some reason?"

"Belfy destroyed her! I felt her mind, her thoughts, her life go!" the Pixie shouts and bashes against the cages side in her growing anger.

"Tell me Violet what do you mean by that, so I can help Ro?"

"She is gone, that is just a shell now!" she bashes the cage again in her fighting to get out of it, "I will have my vengeance for this! If not me, others will come for you Belphoebe, the Grove never forgets!"

"I did not do all of this Violet, Jobe started all of this mess. I was sent to fix it before it was found out by Rohanna? By the way, what was it that bought you all down here just now?" Belfy questions Everheart now.

"So Jobe did this in her quest at the perfect Drow girl friend?" Everheart asks.

"Yes I am sure of that?" Belfy admits, "But why did you all come down here and in almost a straight line?"

"Rohanna has been suffering from headaches all this week and most of last week. Didn't you notice it?"

"Ya, but I thought that was normal for her? We or Jobe, did not know this was causing her these headaches all this time."

"So Jobe did this to her...my sister! Now I will end her too!" the Pixie renews its warning from the cage and now small magical blasts are added to her trying to escape the small box.

"I had better get that Pixie into a stronger jail or she will get out of there soon. I am very sure that when she finally calms down and finds enough time to think logically again. She will figure a way out of that box!"

Everheart picks-up the small cage and places it, inside the next a larger one she found and then the next larger one even above that. With the Pixie, now nested Russian doll style behind three layers of cages. That will give her time to find a proper spot for her to stay confined in as Violet calms down from her rage.

As Everheart saw to the care of that small issue, the other guards had called the medics on the internet connection in the room and guided them to this room as fast as possible. One team of medics was busy lifting Rohanna into a gurney and the other group was pulling a clone of her out of the large tank across the room.

As the team gently cleans the new Drow's body of all that foul sticky goop! Everheart studies the body very closely, "Wow she is a 'dead ringer' for Rohanna?"

"Yes she is, Jobe took days to get that clone started correctly. The only reason why I think she did it, was that what DNA she had to use for her on going experiments? It was getting low, so a clone would provide more material to work with for her experiments?"

"That is right my well trained daughter!" Jobe states from across the room, now just being brought into the room by a set of guards and already bound in handcuffs.

"Took you two long enough!" Everheart makes her displeasure known to the set of men.

"She tried to lose us all over the place SIR, she even fought us a little. Till I reminded her not to fight us anymore, via my gun pointed at her head!"

"JOBE! You did this...you did this...you destroyed my Rohanna! I will get you for this!" the Pixie warns, as she renews her bashing at the cages walls even harder now.

"What is that creature talking about?"

"Well since you were not here for the finale of the show, or maybe your life?" Everheart smiles a warning to her, "What happened is that...when that 'thing' woke up!" Everheart points at the clone Drow now being lifted out of the tube.

Belphoebe interrupts her explanation, "Sorry mom, I goofed and hit the revive system. Instead of the cleaning system?"

"You fool, what did I teach you?

"Always take your time and be sure of each action in my Bio labs!" she repeats the lesson.

"ALL done!" Everheart asks, then gets nods from both of them, "Well when that one woke up. Both screamed and collapsed instantly!"

"That should not have happened at all, I am sure it's just shock of some sort? Rohanna was just surprised at seeing a living clone of her and passed out?" Jobe reasoned.

"Well I am not so sure of that Jobe, as Violet there. Rohanna's Pixie is linked to her somehow on a deeper level and she says that Rohanna is gone...dead or destroyed and you did it!"

"Well she is wrong about that, I am sure!"

"I don't think she is wrong at all, she almost killed Belphoebe when this mess happened and from what I have seen of the two of them of late! The Pixie is the calmer of the two by far!"

"Did that small...thing...try to hurt you Belphoebe?"

"Yes, she missed my head with a spear by less than an inch!"

"What damage can a spear that small do?" Jobe asks, as she watches Violet bash into the cages side again.

"IT was not small when she threw it MOM! That Pixie can grow to nearly full human size and the spear gets to be almost six foot long then!"

"Really? That small thing has that power now?"

"Yep Jobe, Violet was getting more powerful, as she spent more and more time with Rohanna!" Everheart informed the dense teen.

A medic interrupts the on going conversation with a touch to Everheart's shoulder, "We are ready to transport both elves sir?"

"Get going don't let this keep ya and please keep me in the loop on their condition!"

As the medics hurry off with their two new charges, Everheart spins back to both Drow, "Now you two are going to lock up till we find out if Rohanna gets better!"

~o~O~o~

An hour later

Jobe and Belfy sit in their new cell. Both of them are now waiting for word on what comes next for them because of this accident? Across the cell block from them, in yet another locked cell. Sits a small cage on the floor that Violet was placed into. A vast river of pain, death and other threats of torture for both Drow come from the small cage in several languages! And does not seem to be slowing down in it's speed, amount or viciousness!

That small Pixie is mad beyond belief and makes sure everyone within earshot knows that, "I can not make any oaths till her soul leaves that body, but once it does? All bets are off! I will water the flowers on her grave with your blood!" and the cage rattles on the floor again, as the Pixie inside slams a weapon into it's side trying to get out at her targets.

"Wow I have never seen such a mad creature like her for years!" Circe whispers to Everheart in her office.

"Yep, Rohanna said she liked her for that 'fire of life' that burned in Violet and it shows. That Pixie does not give up!"

"Well I am sure now, that they are bonded together in some way. If you don't know what that entails, I will tell you?"

"I have an idea, but I hope that cage holds her a little longer. At least till she calms down a little bit more?"

"That cage should hold her for now, its a well made one and it was crafted to hold magical creatures, then I added a few of my magic wards on top of that?"

The jail area echoes with even more bangs and crashes, Then the shouts start again, "If I die before vengeance is mine, I will swear my family name to ending your lineage! A Blood feud is upon you Jobe!"

"Ohh that's not good at all! Violet is starting to make real threats now, that last one was a game changer...she means it now." Circe warns.

"You want to try and calm her down some for me?"

"Me talking to her will not do that, only seeing Rohanna in good health will?"

~o~O~o~


Doyle medical center

Doc Tenent has tried every test she has at her disposal on the Drow's still form and it's new twin. What she found from her medical exams, it did not bode well at all. When she hit the end of the road medical wise, she sent for more help.

Word was sent out for Doctor Bellows to come down quickly, then a call was made to Louis Geintz and finally the last hope...Sara. She was on her way with a security escort and kept in the dark about Rohanna's condition till her arrival.

Bellows was busy ending what he could do for the Drow, as his powers in this matter were limited. Louis or Fubar to most, he stood by waiting for his part to begin. Sara is just being lead into the emergency room area as she quips at the guards yet again, "I am not sick, So why the trip dudes?" she asks.

"Sara?" Bellows sighs to her, "Rohanna got hurt again?"

"What happened to her, why is she so still?" she asks just now seeing the body and all the equipment hooked up to it.

"This is the short story...Jobe made a clone of Rohanna and that clone we are sure of now. It was the reason for her many headaches all this last week. But when she went looking for the cause, Belphoebe woke the clone up instead of destroying it as Jobe ordered her too. When it awoke, both of them screamed at the same time and passed out."

"SO FUCKING JOBE did this!" Sara angrily growls out, as she walks slowly toward the bed scared at what she might find.

"Yes in a strange way? None of us have an idea what is wrong with her right now and Violet is not telling us anything as of now. She is far too mad at both Jobe and Belphoebe to even think straight and is being held in the jail to protect both of them from her threatened vengeance."

Sara clasps the Drow's hand and pets it slowly as she asks, "Did Violet say anything...anything at all?"

"Yes, she said that Belphoebe or Jobe...they destroyed Rohanna? Everheart quoted her this way Sara, "felt her mind, her thoughts, her life go"...that's all she said on this?"

"So doc what do you find wrong with her?"

"Physically, she's fine. But her brain waves are completely flat, there nothing coming from inside her head at all. She was tested that the other day, for one of her headache episodes and she had a great normal reading then?"

"Leave me with her for a little bit, I am going into that head of her's and have a quick look see?"

"Fine with me," Tenent states.

Sara drags a chair quickly to the bed and sits. Then takes Rohanna's hand in her's, leans back in the chair and begins mediating silently.

~o~O~o~

Nearly an hour later

Tenent rushes into the room when she hears crying coming from it, when she moves the curtain back to reveal the bed. She sees Sara still sitting in the chair, but her face is laying on the still Drow's side, her hand is holding Rohanna's for dear life and tears roll down her face when she looks up to Ophelia.

"She's gone...just gone! Her whole mind is a wasteland of destruction, not a single thought or memory in there that is a complete one! Her soul is still there and linked very strongly in a strange way to the twin? But she is gone...what she was to us...is shredded beyond belief!" she sobs out even harder now.

"Sara, can I check her now please? I am asking you, because she trusted you so well and she never liked my presence." Louis asks the crying Demoness.

"Please Fubar? Maybe you can find something I did not! I will check that clone out, to be sure that she did not 'move' into that body somehow?"

"I will do my best Sara," the ghostly form tells her softly.

Barely a half hour later, a sobbing Sara leaves the twins side, "This one is the same way, there are remnants of thoughts, memories in there...but all shredded into nearly nothing!"

After Fubar does a quick check on the twin, he finds the same thing...nothing. Both Sara and her go to talk to one another, off in private in a far corner.

When they get back to the room with the twins Drows in it, a still sad Sara asks Ophelia, "Ophelia, can you make sure that Nikki does not find out about this? Because if she found yet another friend of her's was gone so soon after losing Aung, she would be devastated again and might not recover from it."

"I can do that, we will put her upstairs in a private room."

"That will be good, near a window please...for her?" she almost cries again.

"I will do that."

"Louise, Alfred? Lets go and tell Carson what's happening, as I am sure she is waiting for information on this from both of us?"

~o~O~o~

Wednesday April 4, 5:40 pm
Shuster hall, Headmistress Carson's office

A very scared set of Drows sits in Carson's office, while she talks on the phone with some legal personal of the school, when she is done with the conversation. She takes a large printout of fresh papers off her printer. Then stares at both of them harshly, while she takes her time sorting, stapling the sections and separating them into four even stacks.

Just behind both of them, stands Everheart. Who is watching the room and both of them sit there awaiting a verdict from the stern headmistress. If either one thought that running was possible from this room? Just outside the door, awaits eight more guards in the outer office to stop that thought of escaping...cold.

When Carson has all her paperwork all ready for what may come? The com system on her desk beeps out right then, as if planed to do so, "Liz? Bellows, Loui and Sara are just arriving. Do you want them sent straight in?"

"Yes, Elaine. Have all three of them sent in...please." Carson tells the box with a flip of a switch.

When the door opens, both men file into the room and Sara is the last in the door. After Sara closes the door behind the group, she finally notices who is sitting in both high backed chairs in front of Carson's desk...Jobe and Belphoebe.

"YOU!" Sara shouts at Jobe and makes a quick rush towards her new target of rage. The room darkens around her from the growing inky blackness, just creeping out from under her long dress and long tentacles flow out from her legs. To snake blackened paths towards both chairs containing the Drows.

A quick move by Everheart's hand, stops that oncoming attack to both Drows with a barked order and a firm pull on Sara's arm, "NO SARA, this is not happening here!"

At the same time, a spike was driven into any thought of Sara hurting either Drow by Carson leaping to her feet and shouting at her, "MISS WAITE! None of that, I will not tolerate acts like that in this office or school!"

"Sorry Mrs. Carson. I will go sit on the couch and wait till you expel both of them!" Sara gives in Carson's demands and warns of her future acts at the same time. As she slowly walks over to the couch she just talked about, then falls into it with a angry plop.

"You may have a long wait!" Carson lets her displeasure at the outburst be known to Sara and the room in general with a quick harsh sweep of her eyes.

"But please, Alfred...what is the verdict on Miss Leigh's condition?"

"Liz, physically she is fine and in perfect shape. Her mind is damaged and very badly? Maybe Louis or Sara should tell you more on this part of the diagnosis?"

"So Louis your words on this?" Carson glances over to the mental ghost of Fubar, as she asks the question.

"If it's okay with Sara?"

"Yes fine by me Louis...please go ahead and tell her what we both found today?" Sara sobs out to him, as she starts crying from the couch across the room.

Jobe has to swallow back some growing bile in her throat, as Sara being so mad she nearly attacked both elves in this office is one thing. But her crying right now...means this is bad...very bad!

The ghostly form of Louis begins his speech, "Well Alfred is right, Rohanna is physically fine. But her mind is gone, not wiped clean to say? It instead...was it seems to use a simple description. It was shoved into a mental blender and thoroughly shredded to nothing. There is not one simple complete thought or memory left in her brain."

"Can she be healed or fixed somehow Louis?" Carson asks.

"No, the essence of 'her' is so now well shredded. It may never come back to us. Then add this part to the mix? All her thoughts, they were divided equally between her body and the new twins? How that happened in this case, we have no idea?

"So both bodies have half of her in side it?" a surprised Belphoebe asks the ghostly form.

"Yes, a thoroughly shredded part."

"Long term diagnosis then?" Carson asks.

"She will keep living on for years as a vegetable, then maybe in a few hundred or a thousand years? Her body will give up and shut down...she will die."

"It will take that long?" a even more surprised Belphoebe asks yet again.

"Yes sadly it will, Rohanna is a Sidhe and a very tough one. So her death will take sometime to happen completely from this accident."

"ACCIDENT BULLSHIT!" Sara shouts, "Jobe and her lust for a perfect Drow sexual playmate of some sort, it did this to Rohanna!" Sara blasts her displeasure from the couch at the room.

"Miss Waite! Please leave the room if you can not stay calm!" Carson demands.

"You got it, I am leaving right now!" Sara shouts from the couch and gets up to leave the room in anger.

But Bellows stops her path of rage out of the room, with a gentle hand to her arm, "Please stay for Rohanna, someone who cares for her should be in the room right now?"

"Fine, I will bite my tongue and stay for Rohanna...Alfred." and Sara regains her seat, but her eyes never leave Jobe's back.

"Any other additional information?" Carson asks the room.

"None on our side Liz?" Louis adds after he gets a nod from Sara and Bellows both.

"Everheart?" Carson questions her assistant security head.

"None on Rohanna personally? But I do have her Pixie locked up at security, Violet tied to kill Belphoebe after Rohanna was hurt."

"Humm was it a deliberate act on her part?"

"Ohh yes Liz, she took sure aim and knew what she was doing at the time. If I had not interfered in her aim, Belphoebe would be very dead."

"Is she secure?"

"For now, but you just know that she is well trained at getting in or out of places. Just like Rohanna was and she will get out soon enough?"

"What to do with her then, for the time being...any suggestions?"

"Pray?" Everheart says flatly to her.

"Are you being funny Sam?"

"Not in the least, that Pixie has warned us all and more than once. That when she gets out, she will bring friends back with her from the Grove for vengeance."

Carson stares over her glasses intently at Everheart, with her next question, "Did she swear to it yet?"

"No not just yet, but she said when Rohanna's soul leaves her body...it's over...all bets are off?"

"Humm that gives us time then?"

"Maybe some? It all maters on her feelings to that fact, when she feels Rohanna has finally died ?"

Carson turns her angry stare onto both Drows sitting in front of her now, "Well now to deal with both of you. First is Jobe...as this will be the harshest one and the longest. Your punishment...Belphoebe, it will be much, much less than Jobe's"

"Thanks, I guess?" she smiles back.

"Don't thank me yet?" Carson grins back to her.

"Ohh boy!" the cloned Drow, gulps.

"Now Miss Wilkins to you. What we are going to do to you...so far is this." She lingers on the threatening parts of her words and Carson slides a stack of papers across her large desk at the girl.

Jobe listens to Carson silently, as she goes down the list of charges on her for killing Rohanna and everyone of them is like a nail into her own coffin!

"That stack right there, it deals with your attempted murder of Rohanna with this experiment yours and the resulting accident. And since your father, he has disowned you as one of his children with your change to a Drow. By his disowning you not too long ago, you lost your diplomatic immunity with this nation and it's protections from legal proceedings or punishment are all gone."

Everheart's foot slowly slides a waste basket closer to the girl's chair and Jobe uses it with a long retching sound.

"Since it's nearly sure that Rohanna is going to die, it's going to be happening sooner or later? The attempted murder charges, they will change to murder charges on that date. Or sooner via the 'death of personality act'...that states that a person's mind blanked by an attack mental or physical, it is the same as the body dying," the second stack slips its way towards the Drow.

The waste basket is used again.

"Then add this stack of paper, it is being sent to the Hague and it will be submitted for your killing off a whole unique species, when Rohanna finally dies. A crime against humanity."

The waste basket, would have been used now yet again. But Jobe had nothing left to give it!

"Lastly is this stack," she smiles to her, "One way or the other, good or bad? ARC is suing you over using and damaging their patent they hold in partnership with Rohanna! They are going after all your money and personal patents with this one."

Now Belphoebe needs the waste basket and she rips it from Jobe's hands, all her money she just got from Jobe is now gone too!

"So I am going to prison?" Jobe questions her.

"Maybe not here, but somewhere for a long time. Unless the Hague gives you the maximum penalty?"

"What's that?" Jobe voice wavers from asking that question.

Sara gets Jobe's attention on her with a short whistle from the couch. Then raises a hand over her head and tilts her head to one side...like she is being hung by a rope...while looking like she is choking with her tongue hanging out.

Sara does the imitation very well indeed, as she has no spine to slow her down? So she nails the look of a broken and very stretched neck 'dead on' and is quite horrific looking because of it!

"Then you get one last dance with death!" Sara laughs at her, from her gruesome imitation of a hanging corpus.

"Enough of that Miss Waite!" Carson shouts.

"Yes ma'am..." Sara relents, as she pops her neck back into a more normal shape.

"Everheart, please take these two back to lock up for the night and we will see what to do from there?"

"Yes Ma'am."

After Everheart and her team has lead to the two Drows Jobe and Belfy out of the room. Carson grabs a water from her small fridge with a sigh, "Anybody else tired and want one of these?" she asks.

"No Liz...But what are we going to do with Rohanna?" Bellows asks about the white elephant in the room.

"Send her up to ARC is my best guess? Doctor Otto already called about this and ohhh boy that was a very mad man on the phone! He and Rohanna may have had personal issues nearly al the time. But he is so mad at Jobe right now, that he might show up and punch her out!"

"NO LIZ! Please don't send Rohanna up to ARC. That place scares her so very much, that even though she is unconscious right now? Her soul might know that she is locked in there and feel that she was tossed away like common trash by all of us!" Sara makes her feelings known.

"Then what would you have me do with her then?"

"Keep her here for at least a month, we do have the room in Doyle or Hawthorn?"

"That would get expensive and ARC is better set-up for this kind of long term situation?"

"Use some of that scholarship fund she gave Whateley for it darn it!"

"That is for a scholarship only."

"Well...then, I will go read to her each night for class, or I know many who will do that in my place and call that a scholarship darn it!"

"Fine, we can do that for at least the next month at Doyle. After that, Mr. Reilly will make a choice from there on, as what is to be done with Rohanna?"

"Then we lock her up in a cave and forget about her?"

"No, but we have to do what is best and ARC has the best facilities in the world for dealing with this kind of long term issue."

"All I can say..." Sara gulps a little at the next thought she has, "Is that maybe we should just end her life right there and then...and let that soul of her's go?"

"Might she get better?"

"Not as I see it, there is nothing left to get better? How half of her mind ended up in the twin is beyond me?"

"Might it all 'slide' into the twin someday?"

"It's all shredded still...I have no idea DAMN IT!" Sara finally admits to them, while her dark tears start flowing again across her cheeks.

"Okay, I can see that we are all spent on this subject right now. So let us meet tomorrow at seven in the evening and go on from there. By then, Mr. Reilly might have an idea or two?"

~o~O~o~


Wednesday April 4, 8:50 pm
Whateley Security dept--jail

"I will end you, you fake Drow! You will breath your last breath into my face is what is going to happen to you someday soon!" the Pixie in the cell over warns again.

Sara looks over to the cell block and shakes her head again, "Violet just does not give up at all...just like her Rohanna. A pair made in heaven for sure!"

"Yep...Violet has not stopped yelling for over four hours. She never stops screaming and that cage she is locked in right now. It has been taking a beating from her all this time and she is not slowing down one bit!"

"Can I go talk to her, maybe with a swear on her part. Let her out for a talk...a girl to girl chat?"

"Only if you are sure Sara, that it is binding oath and she will not get out in anyway?" Sam warns her.

"I will Sam, I will make sure she does not demolish your fine jail any!" she laughs back, then thinks for a second, "Sam ya got any candy or cookies?" she grins.

Sara enters Violet's cell slowly and this cell is not just bars. But has a inner wall of plastic with small holes that even a small Pixie can't get by. Inside the cell, she finds a small cage that is three feet by two feet dancing about on the floor. It is skipping, bouncing around and sliding across the surface of the smooth concrete when she enters.

"Violet...I am here to talk with you about Rohanna, can you calm down for a second?"

"WHAT!" the small cage shouts at her, as the sounds and movement from her bashing at it stop.

"I am here to help?"

"Then help me get out of this cage and hold Jobe down while I end her!"

"You know I can't do that...not just yet anyway! I want her punished too, but lets try to help Rohanna first shall we?" she reasons with the small, but fierce Fae.

"Help...how? She is gone, surly you have seen that by now too?" Violet begins her sobbing again, then bashes the cages side and it slides across the floor several inches.

"I have, but I need to know some things about how it happened? This accident is a very strange one, then it makes no sense to me and a few others on how it happened like this?"

"Fine, I will be calm...for now!"

Sara lifts the very heavy cage to the bed with a feigned grunt and sits on the floor so that she is facing it. This put them both on a better equal footing, so that Sara is not talking 'down' to the Pixie. Sara sighs to the box after she is settled, "I can let you out of that cage if you do a proper swear, that you will go back inside it when you're asked to do so and not hurt anyone while you're out of it?"

"You sure do know how to hurt a girl!" Violet shouts.

"Yep, I have to and it's just a little one for now?"

"I so swear by what you ask in my name...good enough! Now let me out of this tin box?!"

"Good enough. I trust you on this one, as Rohanna trusts you in all things." Sara uses that statement as a guarantee against the small Pixie, it reminds her of her honor again and her sworn bond with Rohanna.

Sara stands to open the cage, then after she sees that Violet is all the way out. Sara sits crosslegged on the floor again, leans over to the beds top and lays her head on top of her crossed arms with a sigh, to look at Violet as she sits on the bed, "So Violet, what do you think about what I found in Rohanna's head?"

"She is gone...all gone! What do you find confusing about that?"

"Here have some cookies, I do know you love chocolate?" After Sara hands the small Pixie a package of cookies and opens it. Violet munches away on them while Sara takes her time telling the small Fae, what she saw inside both Drow's head and it's new twin.

"I am not sure of that? What you're saying makes no sense to me for the most part, I am not a healer or an elder. I am still a very young Pixie, at only one hundred and five? The elders only have books, or scrolls to teach Pixies like me by and nothing to go by how Drow truly work. As there have been none around for so long?"

"But why would memories from Rohanna end up in the clone?"

"You did say that Rohanna and the clone, they where linked in some strange way to you?"

"Yes they are and that link is sort of like the link you share with her. But this one is a whole lot higher, stronger and better by far!"

"Rohanna did tell me and showed me when she shared or bonded with me. That Drows in the past talked mentally to one another...it was how they supported one another in that time and that link kept them from going insane under the Queen's harsh thumb!"

"Tell me Violet, is this mental link stronger with family members?"

"Ohh yes far stronger! So I am told by the elders and I have read so, in many scrolls."

Sara's very complex brain comes to a sudden conclusion with this new information... Rohanna might be salvageable! One body or the other could be the dominate one and the memories flow back or to the new one?

After Sara asks the Pixie the question running through her brain, the small Fae can only shake her head to the thoughts, "Nope I don't think so, her memories are too shredded now and sadly I have lost my charge...my bonded friend!" Violet barks at the room.

"I know Violet...sadly I have too. But since our human healers can do nothing for her, can we get one of the healers from the Grove for her next?"

"Why...you actually think there is hope for her?"

"As they say here...it can't hurt? So us doing that...it can't hurt her more...can it?"

"No it can't. But I am stuck locked up in here!"

"I will ask them to let you go, if you promise not to harm Jobe or Belphoebe?"

"NEVER!"

"Then I guess we will never know, if it would work and Rohanna is gone?"

"DARN YOU! I will promise, but I want a limit! A real limit, say a moon or two? Then shrrick!" Violet fingers her own neck, like she is cutting her throat!

"I will go ask, so for now...back in the box till I get back...please?"

"Fine, I will wait here then." Violet says, then walks calmly back into the cage and sits.

~o~O~o~

Several minutes later

"You're kidding me, let Violet out right now and we will see if she does not kill Jobe?"

"Yep, you know a personal oath is binding on Fae. Besides Violet is bound to protect Rohanna and this is Violet helping her! So she has to do it?" Sara reasoned to Everheart.

"I am okay with it, as long as you keep an eye on her?"

Several minutes later and literally dozens of curses aimed at Jobe! A Pixie sits on Sara's shoulder and they both walk out of the security department heading toward Doyle medical center. Once in the doors, Doctor Tenent spots the teen lust demon and walks over to her from her working on student medical files.

"Are you here to see Rohanna Sara?"

"Yes we are."

"We?" she questions for a short second and then she spots the small form of Violet sitting on her shoulder with a little edge of surprise carrying on her voice, "Ohh we!...Hi Violet...she is up on level eight, I placed her near a nice window and it's over looking the direction of the Grove."

The finality of what Tenent just said, sent Violet back into crying again for her lost charge. But she gathered herself up fast again...as work still had to be done! Once both of them got to the doors of the room that held Rohanna, both Sara and Violet were holding back tears now.

Inside this rather large hospital room, they found two beds and both faced towards the large floor to ceiling windows looking towards the Grove far across the grounds. Violet intently flew to the nearest one and laid on her side on the bodies chest. Where she sobbed on for a few minutes, while Sara let her take her time...this was the first time Violet had seen the damage done and she needed the time to cope with it for sure.

When it looked like Violet was over the worst part, Sara just had to ask her, "Violet how can you tell them apart? I have trouble now in doing that, I can only tell by the hair length on this one is longer?"

"That one!" she shoves a accusing finger at the twin across the room, "it smells like a human made machine...all oily and sickly!"

"Ohhh I understand that, Rohanna has no real scent to smell? Unless she wears that perfume she has on once and awhile?"

"Not perfume you silly GOO, that is the scent of the flowers in her room or from the Grove and on some days it's just stronger is all!"

Sara laughs at the Pixie for being so firm with her, "Thanks for telling me that, I just never knew why she smelled so good on some days?"

Once Violet has had a bit more time to come to terms with what she sees in the room, she flies into the rooms bath and grows to full size Fae. Then she starts the tap on the sink and starts gathering essence for a spell, she casts at the waters filling the sink.

Once the water has filled the sink to the brim, it flows onto the floor and stretches into a porthole doorway of shimmering water. That a two female forms come flowing out of and then turn into solid utterly beautiful women, clothed only in shimmering see-thru silks.

One of them is on her knee, a water Nymph that Sara has seen before and she is sure is bidden to Rohanna in some way. The other one standing next to her with a slight bow to Violet, she is far older looking? But Sara can only tell by seeing that appearance of wisdom she carries with her body and across her face.

"Jabbress?" The kneeling one questions Violet.

"She is hurt and...might be dead?" Violet chokes back a little, then looks at the standing one with a nod of respect to her, "Can you Matron of the water Nymphs, see if you can help my Rohanna?"

"I help as best I can, Guardian companion?"

"My thanks to you."

Tenent is still standing in the rooms large door, she watches on as the lady of water walks with a grace of motion that draws her towards her. This Matron Nymph that Violet called her, places a small bag on Rohanna's bedside and starts magical incantations over the still form. At one point she seems to wait for the spell to finish doing it's job and smiles to Ophelia Tenent.

"Ahh healer good to see you again, I regret seeing you so many times doing my services to this soul...she gets into the strangest trouble this Guardian...does she not?" her voice sings in such a melody to Tenent, she drawn farther into the room by it's song.

Ophelia has to shake her head to lessen the grip the Nymphs voice has on her to reply even a word, "Yes she does seem to find trouble this one."

The matron was about to say more, when the spell finishes and draws her attention back to the Drow. She shakes her head and looks defeated some what? But moves on to the next still form laying in the bed across the room and starts the spell once again.

As that new spell is cast and does it's work, a confused Matron looks at Sara, "What is this twin? She is not Fae or natural at all!" she yelps almost revolted at touching it.

"That is a clone, made by a student attending class here. It's a copy of Rohanna done by human science and this new twin might be why she is hurt so badly?"

"Yes I can see the human...science...you call it...still lingers on this one. It fades slowly now, because the Fae that is part of this one or Rohanna is so very strong and it shoves the human part away. Just like she does in her mind, this guardian is always at war with that human part of herself!"

"So you do know Rohanna well then?"

"Of coarse I do, I care for each that call the Grove home. I AM it's healer!"

The spell finishes it's work and the Matron sighs once more, "This one's mind is the same as the other...battered beyond my skills to fix. She will pass soon...I would say five hundred years or so? A very short time indeed."

"So you can do nothing for her?" Sara questions.

"I can not, I can ask Gaea for her and hope that the Goddess intervenes?"

"You mean pray to some god and hope? Is that all you can do for her?" Tenent questions now too.

"Yes healer, even you know when you can't help...don't you?"

"Well yes, but I have seen you help her, even when I could not?"

"Yes...that is the body I healed, this is the spirit and the soul that are broken now. That is beyond my help and skills."

"I had hoped is all, when Sara brought you here?"

"Well something's are past us healers? But did you want to learn more and come with me?" the Matron makes a alluring offer to Ophelia, with an extended hand and Ophelia seems to be thinking of the offer!

Sara has to walk between them to stop Ophelia from going with the beautiful Fae creature, "Hey no pilfering our staff...not allowed!"

"Shame for that, this one has the healing touch and I can teach her so much!"

"Too bad for now, but can you give me any new light on how this happened to Rohanna?"

"Humm...you don't know much about Drows do you...GOO?" then she glances at Violet for an answer to a short question, "Companion should I tell her anymore?"

"If anything helps Rohanna...PLEASE DO!" Violet shouts to her.

"Well Drow talk mentally...Sara is it?"

"Yes, so I have been told they do?"

"Yes they do...a gift and curse. They help each other in combat and afterwards with supporting each other. But each one of them, they can feel one of their mates go into deaths door and that hurts them all! The connection is that strong, that only death breaks it's binding."

"Okay...so they only read other elf minds then?"

"Yes...only other Drows! That is why Rohanna was very troubled at times, she had no one to talk to...in the way she was used too, that is?"

"Yes I figured that out?"

"Yes I know you did and you did help her well from knowing about it. But Twins are rare for Drows and having two minds that closely knitted is a good and bad thing. Then this human made twin...it is not normal at all. A twin must start out with a separate body and soul. Not be a copy of an existing one! Or the soul and spirit don't know where to go to!"

"Ohhh it can't be that simple!" Sara shouts in surprise at her conclusion.

"It is that simple, you know what's wrong now and we can't fix it. We have to wait for Gaea to do that...or not too?" she bows to Sara and walks off.

"What is so simple Sara?" Ophelia pleads to her.

"If what she says...it has to be?"

"What darn it!"

"Rohanna...or her mind? Only one can exist at the same time, or it splits to what ever many there are?"

"What?"

"Darn it Ophelia think! Rohanna has a way to talk to all other Drows that are like her mentally. A racial link of a sort and each one has it's own...'radio frequency' of a sort. When the twin was made, it made two of the same signal and the consciousness flew off in two parts to fill that new void up!"

"Ohh my God, no wonder! You stop a consciousness in mid thought and that would make a mess of it. Just like laying a hammer to a hard drive!"

"Yes exactly, then add since no one has figured out yet how to map a consciousness or copy one as complex as a Fae? We are stuck from trying to fix her up for good!"

Poor Violet has been sitting on Rohanna's rising and falling chest all this time. She understands what they are all talking about and it means...she failed to do her job...protect Rohanna from the world at large.

All she can do is scream out to the world now her pain and make know to all vengeance is coming, "Jobe you are going to die for this!" then she falls to tears and lays crying on the body again.

Sara heard that yell...she was only feet away from it! She walks over to the bedside, sits in the nearby chair, then lays one small finger of her's on the Pixie's back to try and comfort her with slow rubs.

"Yes I know Violet, she deserves that. But we have to wait, don't we?"

"Till Gaea fixes her, or calls her to her reward...then death comes for both."

~o~O~o~


Sunday April 8, 7:40 am
Doyle medical center

This morning is the first time that Rosalyn has been able to get away from class and see her friend. She hates sneaking around like this, but all of Poe has too! Because if Nikki found out so soon after losing Aunghadhail, she might not recover from this loss on top of that last huge one of her's?

Roz grabs a chair next to the bed and sits quietly for some unknown reason...like she does not want to wake Rohanna? But in her mind, she would bang pot and pans all night to wake her from this nightmare!

She waves to a very despondent Violet, who sitting watch on the shelf over the beds headboard and next to her rests a male Pixie who seems to be mediating, along with a twin of Violet? Roz finds that strange, but who knows...it might be her brother and sister helping Violet out.

After she sits down, she begins chatting like it's normal to the Drow again as she holds her hand, "I made sure your plants have water and I picked some of their fruits while checking on them! Boy they are good...ohhh ya!" Roz sings out like she remembered something important.

In one swift move Roz pulls out some of the sweet fruits and places them on the self before the violet haired Pixie in armor, "There ya go Violet...fresh, I just picked them not five minutes ago. Just like Rohanna told me to do?" she chokes back on the sad thoughts.

"Thanks Roz, but I am not hungry right now?"

"Have you eaten at all today?" she questions the Pixie, "Tell me the truth, I deserve it!"

"No I have not?" the small Fae says sad as ever.

"Then eat, Rohanna would insist on you eating and you darn well know it!"

After Roz regains her seat, she can hear the Pixie munching way on the fresh fruit like she told her too! That makes her happy...a little. Roz reaches for the Drow's hand and starts to pet it slowly once again, "I made sure all your clothes got washed up and put away for ya. Now you have clean stuff to use?"

Right then a green haired girl stepped into the room with a spin, via her butt shoving the door open, "Ohhh Roz you're here, I'll come back later then?"

"Ohh no you don't, pull up a chair and sit like you intended too!"

"Okay I will, but do ya want coffee first?"

"Yep, I'll take a cup if you're offering it?"

"Got it, three sugar like normal?"

"Yes please?"

Gwen sits her cup on the small table and rushes back out the door.

"Well before she interrupted!" Roz tries to giggle and fails badly, "How about you tell me what fun we might have next week when you take me to...hummm Disneyland!"

Then the hand she holds...it squeezes her's

A shocked Roz looks at her hand, "DO THAT AGAIN! PLEASE?" she shouts.

But nothing happens, when Roz was thinking to stand and ask for help. Gwen busts in the door again with coffee for her and a few muffins on top of the small coffee tray, "Gotcha some eats too!" she sings out.

"Gwen, her hand squeezed mine!"

"Really, but did it do it more than once?"

"No?...why more than once?"

"Reflex...it got me the other night too. Rohanna is just grabbing what's in her hand. Now if it does it three or more times and when you ask her too...NOW WE ARE TALKING!"

"Ohh I did not know?"

"How could ya, it's your first day here." Gwen adds just as she grabs a seat next to Roz.

"How long are they going to keep her here?" Roz asks.

"I heard Carson promised at least thirty days, but if I know Sara, she will scream till the roof flies off! If it's less than sixty days or Rohanna is going to get sent up to ARC!"

"Why ARC?" Roz questions as she takes a bite of muffin.

"Rohanna might not have ever told ya this...that place scared her bad. Apparently Drow hate caves and stuff like that, especially when it looks just like a prison and ARC certainly does look like one! A well decorated one, but still a prison and Rohanna knows it."

After an hour of sitting and chatting to Rohanna, Gwen studies a book and asks a question or two of Rohanna from the book, seemingly to keep her involved in her studies. Roz holds her hand, while making crazy, zany plans for trips everywhere on the globe. From shopping in NYC, to eating in Tokyo for dinner each night for a week!

When she lays out new plans for a trip to Italy for shopping out cool shoes, her hand gets squeezed again. She stares at it for a second and gives it a squeeze...nothing?

Then a squeeze! And Roz keeps silent and squeezes twice and gets two quick ones in return! Roz shoots out of her seat and squeezes three times and get three in return. Then Rohanna grabs her wrist suddenly and very hard too!

"I think we have something here!" she shouts out in some pain now, "Boy she has a grip on me!"

"What?" Gwen shouts at her.

"I squeezed twice, then she did and I did three and she did...now this!"

"Ohh crap I'll get the doc!"

"No get her off me first, before she breaks my arm off!" Roz asks Gwen via her now clenched teeth and her growing pain.

Gwen tries to pry the fingers of that death grip one by one off Roz's arm, but it's not happening at all. Rohanna's grip is that strong, it's like a steel vise from all her working out. Violet sees what the issue is and flies down to perch on the arm, "I got this!" she shouts out and stabs her spear into Rohanna's wrist.

~o~O~o~

Sunday April 8, 10:30 am
Doyle medical center

Two? What's two? Ohh a number, ya a number my mind remembers slowly. Now was that three? Does that come after two, or before it or long after it? No, it's one, then two, then three, then four! I have got that much remembered!

But I don't hear it, that number. I only feel it, somehow?

Grab three!...I got three and will not let three go, no matter what! It's my three forever and I need that three!

Then I get a stabbing pain in my arm and it wakes me up. Someone is torturing me! Oh Gaea I am blind and I can't hear! What's going on, I feel so strange all disconnected in everyway and in everything!

My sight is gone, I know my eyes are open, I feel them, they are open and yet I don't see anything! I can't hear a sound, not a peep. Smelling is all wacky, I can't 'lock' one scent down for some reason. Then I can't 'feel' the room out in anyway...it feels all blurry to me for some reason?

When I move, my arms and legs feel like I am in mud, the feeling of them is all wrong and I know I am grabbing something...that 'three'...lets break that 'three' to see what happens!

While I squeeze that 'three' for all it's worth. Panic from not being able to see or hear sets in and start screaming as best I can, "I am blind, deaf...where am I? I must be in hell...let me die I don't deserve torturing!" even my trying to scream out right now, is feeling all wrong to me?

~o~O~o~

Violet stabs a spot on Rohanna's wrist to make her let go, but it goes all wrong and Rosalyn's arm snaps like a twig under renewed pressure from her hand. Rosalyn's painful screams fill the room and are now joined in Rohanna's new screams!

Both Drows start to flop around in their beds uncontrollably, lash out at everything and seem to be struggling with unseen enemies. The Drow that Gwen and Roz are dealing with is screaming out..."I am blind...deaf...let me go!" over and over. The other clone Drow tires to scream out the same words out, but strangely seems to have trouble doing so?

Violet jams her spear into a new spot on the Drow's hand and finally her firm grip is lost, then lets poor Rosalyn go. Gwen sees that she is now free and moves to help Roz out with her very badly broken arm. But stops when she sees the nearest Rohanna flailing so bad in her bed, that her falling out is a very high possibility!

Gwen rushes back to the bed, to grab hold of the blanket and try to hold the fighting Drow to the bed better. While trying not get within reach of her hands, "Roz go grab a nurse fast, we need real help here!"

"NO shit! Rohanna busted my arm clean...both bones are broken darn it!" she shouts, but exits the door to find a pack of medical staff already headed their way.

"What happened?" asks one nurse, as she locks the door open for the rest of her team.

"Rohanna woke up and started thrashing about...duuhhh!" Gwen shouts back at the dull witted nurse.

"Don't forget my broken arm there Gwen!" Roz sasses back like an expert!

"I was getting to that soon enough!" she smiles back, as two large men help Gwen out. By fastening belts over the constantly thrashing Drows, to help keep both of them in their beds and raise the bed's sides to wall them both farther in!

"Let me go...I can't see...why blind me...why? Gaea help me, answer my prayers!" The Drow renews her shouts.

Tenent now quickly sped into the room, spots that Rohanna is up and thrashing about incoherently, "What did this, any ideas?"

"Nope, just squeezed her hand a few times and then got this as a prize for it!" Roz raises her broken arm to her like a trophy.

"Let me see that!"

When Tenent is done with a few gentle moves and twists. She gives the verdict on the arm's condition, "Well she broke it good. Both bones are crushed bad, but with some time resetting it. I can use magic to heal this up rather well and you will be fine in a week or so?"

"Ahh two weeks? I use that arm to write with!" she whines to no avail.

"Sorry but it happened?"

"Ohh well, so what if she broke it. I never wanted a limb busted so badly by anyone, it's a small price that I will gladly pay to get her back up and around!"

Now with the crisis averted, the group looks at what is happening to both Drow. Rohanna is thrashing all about and shouting that she is being tortured by some unseen force. But what really strikes most, is that the clone is seemingly following every move...almost? The body is sluggish, very slow and is messing up all the words that try to exit it's mouth.

Gwen states the obvious first, "Is it me, or do you guys see both of them doing the same thing at the same time?"

"Ya I see that too? How about Gwen trying to calm her down a little, while I go fix Rosalyn up?" Tenent suggests.

"How would I do that, she can't see or hear me?"

"Just try!" Roz barks at her.

Gwen steps forward to the first bed and tries to hold Rohanna's hand, but she is not having any of it at all. When she keeps trying, all it does is make the thrashing get worse and new screams of being in hell or this all being fake begins.

Some smart person must have called Sara. Because the demon teen comes rushing in the room, just as Gwen had given up on trying to calm Rohanna. Gwen gave Sara a small smile, as she stepped back to hope Rohanna would calm down a bit with Sara now here.

"When did this happen Gwen?" Sara asks the elf.

"Not fifteen minutes ago, Rohanna woke up and went nuts."

Sara moves to the bedside and tries to hold a hand of mine. Only to be thrashed off violently. She looks up to a very worried looking Violet, "Anything, yet! I know you two must be able to talk mentally some how?"

"I have been trying and trying damn it! There is a fuzzy wall between us both, one I have never seen before?"

"Please keep trying?"

"I am trying, curse this world!"

Sara tries her best and finds that wall that mentally shuts her out is back up again. Rohanna must think she is under attack and has all her mental defenses up.

Then Sara tries one thing that might make Rohanna believe its her...

~o~O~o~

Hell...I am in hell! That can be the only reason for all this pain and torture! Some...thing, it was out there, trying to be Gwen I think and fool me? Now I feel what seems to be Sara on my hands and bumping into my mind? But it can't be, I am in hell...blind to the world and deaf to hear it!

Then someone struggles with my head, makes me move towards something and gives me a...kiss?

Only Sara can kiss like that! But it can't be her, it must be another trick and it's trying to fool me this new demon? "Go away what ever you are, I am not fooled. Sara is not here!"

Then it tries again, even better this time! It must be Sara trying to save me? "Sara if that is you...Run away love...save yourself!" I shout in warning, hoping she gets away from this hell.

A whisper on the wind, barely a sound is the next thing I hear. A birds wings make less sounds or a bug crawling on a wall. When I can make it out, it's not a sound?

It's Violet mentally telling me to calm down, that I am in Doyle and safe! I mentally shout back, to it's trying to make a fool of me. "You're a fake, go way!"

Then to prove it's validity, the whisper of a voice. Gives me our shared promise that we made during our bonding.

Now that set of hands moves to hold my right hand, as I heed my Pixies words...she can't be a lie. No other creature knows the words of our shared promise to one another.

"Who are you?" I ask.

Then I feel someone holding out my hand, palm up and writes in it with a finger, "S...A...R...A!"

"Sara...sara? I can barely hear Violet talking to me, over what fogs my mind! Am I in hell, everything is wrong and bad, am I in hell?"

"N...O...H...E...L...L."

"Thank Gaea! What happened to me, why do I feel so weird, why am I blind, why am I deaf...why can't I move?" I cry on, just babbling out.

All Sara can do for me, is hold my hand tight, stroke it slowly to try and comfort me.

"I am scared, so scared!"

Now she hugs me hard, so that I know she is doing it and now someone is holding my left hand, "Who is that on my left?" I had to ask.

"G...W.."

"Gwen!" I shout and a squeeze is my answer that I am right.

Suddenly I feel someone holding up my right hand and doing something strange? The feeling is very off and ghostly at best.

"Who is holding my right hand now?"

Sara looks down at the hand in question, but since she blocks that whole side of the bed? No one is there to hold that hand, but a glance to the clone Drow, finds Doc Tenent holding that hand for a pulse and reflex check it seems?

"Ophelia! Rohanna says she is feeling that touch of yours right now?"

"What she can't, this is a separate body?"

"Are we sure that it's separate?"

Tenent sees what Sara is implying and takes a few steps back to watch the twin Drow. She takes mental notes and when Rohanna makes a move. The twin makes a similar, but smaller move in the exact same way.

After watching on for several intense minutes, Tenent has to admit, "You know Sara, I think you're right and there is a link of some sort. I hope this goes away soon, because two bodies and with one consciousness between them. I am sure Rohanna will have trouble adapting to all that extra feed back?"

"That could that be why she is telling us, that she is blind and deaf now?"

"That makes sense to me, her vision is a very complicated one and her hearing is not far behind it in complexity. I have always thought that her ability to 'port' so fast, it might be linked to both senses, so both have extras we may never fully learn about?"

~o~O~o~

As I laid there for what seemed weeks to me! Violet had decided to lay herself on my chest with a hand always resting on my skin so that I could always feel that she was there. But even with that comforting touch, I still would panic when I was sure no one was in the room with me.

By the next morning, I could actually hear Violet in my head again and her telling me what the doc's think happened to me. Gaea that really frightened me and badly! Finding out that, I might not ever walk again, or run or fight? Am I to be helpless forever?

Later that night, I heard a person stomping their way into my room and a crash! "Who is there?" I said in a normal voice, but it sounded to me like stadium with a strange echo!

"I am the night nurse, you heard me just now?" she shouted like thunder to me.

"Yes," I whispered back, "My hearing is back...please whisper now to me. As everything is too loud now and hurts me?"

"I will," she shouts to me.

"Still too loud," I croak out as best I can, trying to stay quiet myself.

I hear her stomp on what sounds like buckets away from me now, "I am talking to the corner away form you, is this better now?"

"Yes, much!"

"Let me get someone then?"

And she stomps off and slams the door shut...at least to me anyway?

A few minutes later a person comes in and grasps my hand, "I am Mike remember me from ARC?"

"AM I IN ARC!?" I shout and the pain from that scream hurts my ears badly.

"No you're not in ARC, no way! Bill would skin me alive, if I tried to help them take you there! You're in a very nice room in Doyle with huge windows, just so you know?"

"I know you're right next to me, how are you whispering so weakly this close to me. The nurse had to cross the room, so she could get her voice low enough for me?"

"I grabbed a few surgical masks for covering my face, a few layers of cotton seems to work well enough as a muffler of a sort?"

"Makes sense to me, hand it to a marine to improvise and overcome?"

"Well let's see what's going on with you now, shall we?"

Mike started to give me an thorough exam now that I could hear him and give feed back. One thing he did note to me, I seemed to be getting improvement over my main body better and the clone was improving a little.

When he finished up I just had to ask him, or demand actually, "Mike, do me a favor?"

"Ahh maybe, I have to hear it first?"

"Go and SLIT that things throat and kill it for me!"

"Can't...I know you think killing that clone will end this mess, but Sara tells me you two are so well connected now with a shared identity, mind, soul? That doing that, would kill you too?"

"Is she sure?"

"She seems to be?"

"So I guess, I am to be a cripple for life then?"

"I don't think so? You just have to retrain your body, give the new one basic muscle memory and you should go far!" he sounds too upbeat to be a good thing to me...he lied.

"Mike I can tell you're lying to me, remember I can do that and that has not changed any."

"I still think you can do it. The others tell me, that you train all the time, that you never stop and never give up! So why start now?"

"Drows never had cripples, they died."

"Hey don't give me any of that 'Sparta' crap! You will get over this, somehow...you're far too valuable for what you know of the past."

"Please get out of my room now," and I flip onto my side away from him.

"Okay, I am going. But I will come back in an hour and we start trying out eating with a therapist."

"Can't see, so who cares what I eat? Be it food or this IV crap!...Get out!"

Well an hour later, Mike came back into the room and this time he had someone with him. I just had to yell my displeasure at him, no mater what pain it may bring to me, "I told you to get out, just change that IV bag crap and go!"

"Not going to happen, I bought some pizza for you to eat. Everyone told me you love this stuff!"

"I want meat on it and then I would LOVE it. After this crap changing to a Drow happened to me, I tolerate it better is all!"

"Rohanna, please try for me? OR do I have to go get Bill or Sara to shove it down your throat!" he feigned a threat to me...but he did not lie. I could tell, he meant it!

So I rolled over to him, as I asked, "Did you bring soda at least with it?"

"Yes I did and it's orange!"

Starting then, we tried everything to get me to be able to feed myself. But I kept dropping the darn pizza all the time, I can't tell when my, arms, hands or fingers move on inch or a foot. The clone messes me all up, via it's extra input to my mind.

Then to add to all that mess of mine! The clone itself is far worse, but seems to get better than I do with practicing a little. Mike told me that was that 'muscle memory' developing fast and he thought it would do that. But I had to concentrate intensely to get one body or the other to move correctly or smoothly!

The therapist rushed out then brought back for me, four things to hold and practice with, one for each body and hand. He gave me rather simple, but hard directions for them.

I am to push down one finger at a time till I get a 'beep'...but not two fingers on separate bodies! Then feel for a buzz, one, two or so on and press that. The needed pressure will change and which body needs to press a button will change at random! Then add, he gave me one for each hand!

Hours later, the therapist brought in a new set for my ankles to wear, they did the same thing and added varying weight...from ounces for the clone to lift, to hundreds of pounds for the old me.

That trying hard, training hard went on most of the night for me.

~o~O~o~

Tuesday April 10, 4:30 am
Doyle medical center

That night I fell asleep, a rare thing for me to do at best of times. My eyes opened to the room and saw that I was in a room in Doyle med center. A rather nice looking one, with floor to ceiling windows, that looked towards the very far off Grove.

What stuck me as strange right now, was the tall thin woman in the room with me? Then I saw it...she was an elf too, just like me! She had long brown hair and green eyes like Nikki did. When I locked eyes with her, that is when I knew who she was...Gaea. The Queen of the center court and all of us. I wanted to get out of bed for her, as I should do. But I was trapped in the bed and can't even think about it.

"Sorry my Queen I can't rise, are you here for me?"

She laughs at me and reads my very thoughts in a instant I am sure, "No I am not here to claim you and take you off to the reward. But I am here for you, I winked at you only a week back."

"That was you in that strange accident at practice?"

"Yes, that accident let you touch many a universe for a second and I had to give you a little nudge back to here. As I am not done with you yet?"

"Done with me?" I had to question her, "I am no one, I am just a very messed up Drow now and was even messed up before this last incident too?"

"No you are important to me, as are all my children."

"Then why punish me so!" I just had to demand now.

"Not punishment, they are tests for you to build on and grow. I can not explain the workings of the world to you right now, you might ask one who Journeys to this school begins even now these questions and she might be able to answer them better than I can? But the world has many plans for you!"

"Plans for what, all I have felt is pain so far and ancient pain at that!"

"Those past tests will come back and help you soon enough...wait my warrior...please be patient for it."

Her words did not makes sense to me at all, but her words had truth in each one. Hidden truth, but truth nonetheless.

"So why appear to me now...then?"

"I have to give you another 'nudge' and help you with this latest sickness you are enduring right now. I have already done this once, but you need more."

"You will cure me of this!" I grin to her.

"Not all of it, not now. I no longer have the power to do anything more than a small nudge to your life. I have to make my moves via others I influence and those others will help you soon. Just like they always do and you them!" she sings to me, her voice a melody of beautiful song.

"Thanks my Queen, I always hoped you were there in the past then and present helping me?"

She walks slowly over to me, calling that smooth glide of her's 'a walk' was not even doing it justice! She sits on my bedside and wipes a hand over my eyes, "Your sight will come back and some of your physical needs with this touch. But it will be painful and a test on you again. Soon others I influence, they will help you with the rest of your healing, via their own ways."

She raises to her feet so utterly smoothly and gracefully it is almost art, then smiles to Violet, "Small one, protect this one for me, like you always do and use that sister of yours more often now. As she has a new Drow to look after also now!" she giggles to her.

"I will, my oath is to do so!" Violet's voice perks up in her renewed happiness.

"My Thanks to you, my Violet...Rohanna's Tagnik'zun xukuth."
(dragon's heart)

She glides over to the row windows across my room, pulls at a short curtain to move it away with her dainty hand and looks out of them over the school, "This is a fine school, I noticed you sold your best gems to fund other Fae to come here?"

"Yes my Queen I did, they really never belonged to me? They belonged to the Fae, as all such things do."

"That maybe true? Though it is true, that you did sell one stone that was given to you?"

"Yes, but what would I do with such a thing?"

"You may need it soon, I will influence those that hold it, to loan it back to you for a need you will have soon enough. All you will have to do is ask them for it's use."

"What need is that?"

"A need that journeys to here slowly and comes because you saved the new life it now has."

"What need or person did I save?"

"Ahh I have spoken enough, but I do like this school. I see you leading one of your own soon enough...Perhaps by a sea, so as to include the Fae of the element of water better than here now does?"

"If that is what you want me to do, I will do it for the Fae!"

"Yes you always think of the Fae around you, even at your risk! But I have to ask you this?"

"Yes my Queen, what is the task?"

She glides over to me and sits once again next to me. Then taps the side of my head in a most playful way, "There is a human part of you in there, please listen to it more often. This is a human world right now and you need that 'edge' that human thoughts gives you in life. So listen to it, let that ancient Drow blend with the new human thoughts and the older human blend with the new Drow thoughts. This will lead you to a better balance, listen to the demon Sara more...while you can." she says ominously to me.

Before I can even question her words, she gets up quickly and smiles to me, "Peace to you my Drow warrior, you are being watched and loved!" then she fades away from my sight.

~o~O~o~

--SEPARATOR--

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
268 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well!

That's a hell of a place to stop! I teared up part way through this, you really played the heart strings. Jobe and Belphoebe still need to pay a high price for this. Jobe needs to be hurt, really hurt, and be in a position where she can't use her skills. Full isolation in Hawthorne for a year or ten might be a start.

Edit: Just had a thought. Put Jobe in one of those stasis rooms out west and keep him there until all his knowledge is old tech to the world.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

so she survived

I still think those two idiots deserve some serious punishment

DogSig.png

Violet

Violet is my kind of friend. She'll move heaven and earth to protect and help her friends. She'll go to the ends of the earth to avenge a friend. There are times where an eye for an eye is simple justice. Violet should be the Time magazine person of the year!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I knew it

I just used a different analogy.

Shadowsblade

Very good chapter. You have built a character with substance and purpose. It has taken you awhile but it has been worth the weight.

SDom

Men should be Men and the rest should be as feminine as they can be

This story is truly a great

This story is truly a great one, I was unhappy when the chapter ended as it did, because I thought Rohanna would be able to see everyone now and surprise them that she could. Somehow, the Queen let the cat out of the bag, that the clone would come into play soon as well. Does this mean that Rohanna will now have a twin sister and will that sister have the same or nearly the same powers as she does? Definitely be interesting if they do.

even now!

shadowsblade's picture

even now! Rohanna is showing a link to that new her, a very powerful one indeed.

So at this time it looks like that there is one mind two bodies so far and that may change?

Muhahhahaahah!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Fae Tales

Thanks! Yep! I Love this series!!! I am enjoying that your giving a foreseeing of future events..Eagerly awaiting all contributors.

alissa

Fubar

I thought Fubar was male - Louis rather than Louise? Is this a deliberate change?

Jorey
.

whoopes

shadowsblade's picture

spellifying error!

dag nab it!

got it or will?

quote from wiki on canon form of FUBAR

The most extreme case of GSD on record ever to survive.[2] He is a twelve foot long cross of insect, mollusk, and squid. He has an uncanny resemblance to dread Cthulhu. Reputedly, this change was caused by an encounter with a very dangerous entity.

Fubar has gills and cannot live out of water. He lives in a tank underneath Hawthorne, and has for the past twenty years. He needs ultra-pure water; the filters on his tank have to be changed regularly. If they aren't, he creates an amazing amount of mucus; cleaning his filters (and getting slimed in the process) is one of the standard punishments for students who are given detention in Hawthorne.[2]

He uses a mental construct (sometimes described as an astral construct or other terms) to communicate with people.[2] His range is far enough to reach Berlin, where he maintains a small office.[3] His appearance is whatever he wants it to be. Which is handy at Faction Three meetings.[3]

He's reputed to be the most powerful psychic on the planet. He may or may not be limited to the normal descriptions of a PDP. He seems to have learned a considerable amount of magic somewhere along the way, although clearly he can't use rituals, or symbols. Perhaps not surprisingly, he doesn't see any real distinction between PSI and magic.

He's also super-intelligent, and has a Grandmaster's chess rating of 2799 (just below perfect).[5]

He's not perfect. Jimmy T's psychic null gives him a major headache, worse than trying to penetrate Mule's defenses.[6] Otherwise, his major limit is that he can only be in one place at a time. He gives psychic counseling to both Phase[5] and Eldritch[7].

His official power classification is EX-4, PDP (ESP-4/PSI-6/PK-7), Manifestor-?[8]

so Lou can look like anything he or she or it wants to--- a yellow walking rubber ducky! lol
and that new look he gained that changed him to whats in the tank....that is what Rohanna feels off him and its just too close to the ones she fought back then to even stand for too long

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Never mind

Never mind.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

hoi

i can not help to notice that you have well over a 100 likes within a single day,,, that must mean i am not the only fan ;)

erik je

Surprisingly short ;)

Yet, I am more curious now trying to figure out how is there going to be a balance in Rohanna 'spliting soul' problem. Unless Gaea has been seeding the clone with a new soul to start anew or maybe just park the human part of Rohanna in the clone body. So maybe something like Kayda Two Spirit but intergrated soul with 2 bodies. Hmm I don't even know what to think about now, I feel my brain has jammed up. Need more processing power, perhaps more neuron cells. hahahahaahaaa

Good work Shadowblade.

And thank you. ;)

Not dying yet

Jamie Lee's picture

Jobe and Blfy should count their lucky stars Ro has come back, else there wouldn't be a place on earth they could hide from the pixies. Now it's a matter of finding an appropriate punishment which fits their crime. Sara's initial idea of the gallows would keep them from ever doing this again, but Ro lives. Maybe an extended stay with her father? Or maybe two new water nymphs are needed? They need to pay and pay hard!

The world, and others, still need Ro according to Gaea. And what Ro has been experiencing are tests? Something like Job? To test her resolve to stay true to herself? Do these tests also include the morons who keep attacking her, and her word she won't kill them?

Ro has experienced more than most can endure without losing their minds. But along the way she has created good friendships which have become very concerned about her. This does not happen very often, but when it does it shows that others think the person is special and worth keeping as a friend.

This new Ro is going to be a mystery for many in Whateley. Many of those are going to once again try and take advantage of her current situation and come after her. If they are smart, they'd best talk to Counterpoint before trying anything. They'd learn a valuable lesson before experiencing it. Especially with this new Ro.

Others have feelings too.

This

was a very substantial rewrite, or that is what my damaged memory is telling me. This stroke messed me up be good, i find I can identify with Roe, on several levels. but while I read this story I am falling further a further behind on the rest of BCTS.Not a complaint but rather an abundance of riches. I also lost part of my vision, as well as my ability to read quickly. Loving the story retold!