The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 23

Comments

Fantastic

Even better after a week's absence. Making progress in the story, its amazing what some people do to get what they think is right. I do miss Dawn's antics, the auction, and her relationship with Angela.

Can't wait for next week
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

IRS, Treasury, oh man

wolfjess7's picture

there go the big boys. only ones missing now are the FBI, and Homeland. If they get mixed up in this that Preacher is going to need Depends for life.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

You missed the ...

You missed the ATF & DEA.
ATF is the most trigger happy bunch (Treasury).
DEA is known to behave more properly (lawfully).

Loved this chapter!

ATF

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms

Uh Oh!

joannebarbarella's picture

It looks like some skullduggery is afoot. However, they had better be careful mixing it with Dawn and her dad, whoever they are. Dawn doesn't take prisoners and she's sharp. The desk vandalism incident proves that.

I like Juggernaut Jack too. There's a boy with class.

I loved Dawn's comment to the

I loved Dawn's comment to the teacher after she had read the messages left in her desk top. Perfectly fitting, especially in a classroom. Be rather interesting to know who the miscreant was who did it.
A van with no lights passing by eh, sounds like the setting up of a possible kidnapping or even torching of a home that a station employee has.
Either way, this idiot Shaw is adding more and more very heavy charges against himself and others if they do either.

Oh, man...

SERIOUSLY? We gotta wait until next Friday????

PB

Yippee, new chapter

This is my first comment EVER, so here's hopping that MR Shaw decides to cut bait and get out of town but we all know he won't
Absolutely loving this story and would love to see a part 2 if at all possible

Great chapter, looks like

Great chapter, looks like dawn might be in a tad bit of trouble hopefully they stop them before she gets hurt.

Thanks SF

I think I was going through Withdrawal symptoms :)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

uh oh ...

sounds scary ...

DogSig.png

Ruh roh!

D. Eden's picture

An unidentified van running dark and silent........

Well, either the CIA is stalking Dawn, or your not-so-friendly neighborhood preacher fraud just found out where Dawn lives.

Here we go!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Hopefully

there is another vehicle (containing a certain P.I. or associate) shadowing the van. Would not be surprised if (knowing what he knows) our Mr. Shockley didn't have someone keeping an eye out for her. Also think that cane's going to come into use as more than just a fashion statement sometime in the not too distant future.

KarenB

That's a good point......

D. Eden's picture

Regarding the cane, and I would assume that Ren plays into this somewhere as well.

Eden

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

The Van

Well, I wonder what will happen now? Dawn doesn't strike me as much of a fighter, so I hope a protector is lurking in the shadows.

Gwen

Not late, as such

This chapter isn't late, there was obviously no Friday last week!

I tend to think that the dark van is not the Feds, but some of the minions from Our Lady of No Good Church

Dance the dream you're in

Wouldn't It Be Poetic

jengrl's picture

if Shaw would cross paths with someone like Maria, Annette or any of the U.S Marshal's? I remember when Maria and Annette used a car crusher and shredder to dispose of certain people . It seems that Shaw is just begging for something untimely to happen to him if he keeps messing with Dawn or any of the others involved with the station. As always, another wonderful chapter! It is truly a highlight of my week to read more of this story !

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

YAAAY

Loving this story, thank you so much for writing and posting.

Can someone translate?

Get oat pecuect.

I guess I don't speak teen.

BTW Snowfall did post a blog last Friday explaining why there was no Princess episode. Reading the blogs isn't as much fun as the stories, but is useful.

Dawn

translation

Alecia Snowfall's picture

I can translate that. Trust me, I'm fluent in Dumb-ass.
No freks. No Freaks.
Get oat pecuect. Get out pervert.
Burm im hell. Burn in hell.
This is what happens to the youth today when they no longer actually write because it is more difficult than texting and using emoticons. Their penmanship SUCKS.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

My Dear Snowfall

wolfjess7's picture

The fault does not lay with so much with the use of technology but in the guardians of education. What can you do when the teachers of our children are so LAZY that most only want to get their paycheck and go home. People that use prepackaged lesson plans supplied by an agency that shoves a broken system down their throats. You have to place part of the blame on the parents. Oh and that is NOT Dumb-ass dear. That was dipshit tech speak.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

To be fair

When my daughter was in the early years of elementary school here in Oakland, CA, the teachers were mandated to use a prepackaged set of lessons called Open Court. The mandate was such that if it were 11:00 AM on the second Tuesday of November, every second grade class in the city would be on exactly the same lesson. The teachers were given no latitude to deviate from this plan. The idea was to being up the lowest performers to a middle level, regardless of the needs of the actual pupils in any class.

Fortunately, it only lasted a few years.

Hardly

Growing up in inner city schools in NYC, I can tell you without a doubt that the students were unmotivated little sh**s who slowed me down as it would take them more lessons then I could count to learn even something basic whereas I was ready to move on. And I don't think I am the brightest bulb either.

The teachers were very patient but to no avail, you can't squeeze blood from a stone.

Pecuect

has the same number of letters as Pervert. And in the same sort of position.

Maybe someone's letter carving skills are not so hot ...
A supposed 'r' looks more like a 'c' and a 'v' becomes a 'u' ...

J

I love this story you are a

I love this story you are a hard core writer.Pretty please more and more PLEASE you are great.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

My new must-read...

Since about episode 2, this has been my current must-read.

Thank you so much for writing this, and please, please, please... Keep writing. I can't bear waiting to find out how Dawn tackles the next hurdle life throws at her.

Your characters are great and I appreciate how fully-formed they are. It makes me want to know them even better.

Hugs,
-- Mischief

Friends and Finesse

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Between the Station and School, Dawn apparently has a great list of friends even if it's not a large list. But within the school friends, I have a hard time deciding which is more fun to read about, it would have to be a close competition between Ren and Jack, just for how they seem to be the best at publicly chastising their classmates.

Another Great chapter... As usually looking forward to Friday again :)

sweet

lots of fun happenings , I really love how Dawn is coming out of her Shell.
She is a really fun and sassy person gotta love some of her interactions.
seems like some people at school really do not have a clue, I have a feeling that her talk with Jack will spread a lot as well ,
Hmmmm I have a feeling that a certain Mr Shaw is really going to get his well deserved comeuppance I wonder will he and Casey share a cell?
Now the van doesn't sound good , makes me wonder if planning a collision or something a lot worse? but I do wonder if a certain security system that Marty installed is going to be the thing that brings Shaw down,
really good to See Snowfall back in action and DAwn having fun cannot wait to see what happens next.

Matt

Thru my Nyquil

sugar_britches63's picture

induced haze I read this latest wonderful offering from Snowfall. Yes it was/is wonderful and will probably read it again once my cold passes and so does the Nyquil. Again Lady Snowfall a truly wonderful story, please keep up your fantastic writing.

Charolotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Another great chapter

Another great chapter, thanks for sharing. I have to ask though "the black velour Bordello jacket", do you mean "... Bolero jacket ..."?

once again

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Once again, no I don't. Simply put, a bolero jacket ends above the waist. A Bordello or Coachman's jacket is also known as a Swallow-tail coat and has a tail ending below the butt as is usually a split tail. Not all are split.
Bordello Jacket.jpg

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

I see, thanks. I was not

I see, thanks. I was not aware that had been asked before, my apologies.

Hmmmmmm. . .

tigger's picture

Why is it that at the end of each chapter, I feel transported back to the mid 60s, on a Wednesday night, watching one of the few programs that came to us in serial format.

I hear the announcer's voice say in sepulchral terms. . .

"HOLY Catbox, Bat-fans! Is this the end of our heroes? Will Batman be forever entombed in solidifying wet cat litter? Will the Boy Wonder escape or is he doomed to spend the rest of his days as Catwoman's Scratching Post? These and other questions will be answered in our next episode.

"So be here!

"Same Snow Time,

"Same Snow Channel"

Followed by really 60-fied theme music! and Ka Blam! Socko! Thud!

Here's the Snowfall, mighty Mistress of the Cliffhanger!

Wonderful storytelling - worth the wait and made better by the joys of anticipation.

warm furry hugs

Tiggs

It's The Way to Keep Them Coming Back

In the '50's I'd occasionally go to Saturday matinees at the local theater. They'd have serials (Buck Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy are 2 that I recall) before the main feature that did the same thing).

I thing some of our authors here do it mostly because it's fun and does help to generate comments.

Nope its more like

wolfjess7's picture

Nope its more like the few authors here that do love cliff-hangers have a twist mindset and just want to have fun with our readers. (evil giggle) After all I can speak from their point of view.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Catwoman's Scratching Post?

I know some people who would find that to be a dream come true. Perhaps an author with the initials S.Z.?

Good to have you back.

gillian1968's picture

Dawn is smart, but someone is very tricky with that van.

Let's hope it works out.

Brian needs to sharpen her perception.

Gillian Cairns

Deep doggy poo

Jamie Lee's picture

Most people caught playing foot loose and free, run for the hills when the alphabet agencies come calling. Shaw has got to be the dumbest con man ever produced. Instead of hot footing it out of town, he's still going after the station.

His illegal activities have been exposed and he's still after the station.

It was proved Amanda was set up with his blessings and he's still going after the station.

Now some mysterious van drives by Dawn's home. If that was Shaw he doesn't understand that he's about to pull the tail of a very protective dragon. A dragon with very, very big teeth.

Two pieces of Shaw would be worse that one. But at least his vendetta would be over.

Others have feelings too.