Tragedy of the Spirit Part 22 Hope Eternal

Printer-friendly version

Tragedy of the Spirit Part 22 Hope Eternal

Copyright 2008 Prairie_girl_64

The summer progressed. I felt that my time under psyche care was beneficial in many ways. First off; I was able to get a lot of my feelings within reason sorted out. Secondly; My fears about my relationships with men were drawn to the surface by Sheila. I had a lot of issues that I needed to sort out, those just being a few. Others were of course , school, my ongoing transition, friendships, parents, my running away etc. The later I will deal with at a later time (parents, running).Sheila and I spent a considerable amount of time discussing issues that meant a lot to my overall psyche'. One of them centered around my ongoing transition. I clearly stated I cannot go back to that weak little scared boy whom always was the target of abuse. I told her that Mellissa is here to stay and that I have found a comfort and strength within. I mentioned to her that I was stronger for my attitude and I was not going to be pushed about. She complimente4d me on that part of my personality. I also felt she was being critical of that personality as well. However it was, she respected that I chose the path I was on. I was released 3 weeks and 4 days after being admitted. I was relieved. I promised her tat I would continue to speak to her via phone and by appointment when I need to talk about issues.

I eventually caught up with my missed school assignments I failed to do because of my stupid act. A few weeks later I completed them and prepared for my next fall semester of school. I had completed a complete Grade 9 and partial grade 10 courses. I made myself a continuous promise to complete school as soon as I could. Thanks to Jenn, whom continued to provide the necessary shelter to me. I also continued with my obligation to her for my assistance in living expenses. Jenn was dating and working a fair amount. Her home life was non-existent some nights and weekends. Those times I managed to continue to hit the books and study hard.

September past to October slid into November and before we all knew it we were into December. The holiday scene I avoided with a passion. Jenn went home to her family for each and every holiday. She did invite me as many times as she could. I gratefully declined politely. She seemed to accept that from me. For me holiday's were not very pleasant, I was shut out of the traditional meal by being sent to my room. So the "traditional family" dinner was a hurtful experience for me. I always paid the penalty afterwards with the usual beatings and or rapes. To this very day I prefer to spend each holiday season alone.

Hope shined on me right after the new year. I was asked to attend a function with Sheila at her residence for pre-operative transexuals. I was giddy with joy. I was not exactly why I was invited. I accepted readily of course. The function was February 16th at 7:30 Pm. I was asked to dress semi casual. Well for me semi casual meant short skirt and topm with ym navel showing. I had to ask Jenn for advice and to get something less revealing. I picked out a black knee length dress with long sleeves and gold trim about the neck and sleeves. I could get away with wearing my 2 inch heels with the diamonds on the straps. The day arrived and I went and what a night. I was introduced to several members of the medical community from doctors to psychologists to psychiatrists. To me that was the best night I had. I will say that when I arrived home I had a firm commitment from a qualified psychologist that would see me. His name was Doctor Raight ( pronounced Right). He was a elderly englishman of about 55 or so. We met several weeks after the party. We had a extensive chat and well needless to say that there was at least a bit of hope for me. I told him how long I was in transition as he called it. I mentioned to him my background, my current medical status. he seemed pleased. However, there was a drawback to his demeanor. That was that I needed to live for at least 2 more years a full time female and see him at least 6 more times within the 2 year time frame. I agreed. I had already been living full-time as a female and had acquired ID to state the same ( although illegal ID. It surpassed the closest scrutiny.) I was well on my way according to him to sexual reassignment. he mentioned to me that he had several long conversations with both my doctor and with Sheila. I was happy and kept my fingers crossed that no interference would invade that time frame. I was so wrong.

Several months had passed and I had moved through midterm exams all of which i passed maintaining a B average. I let my guard down and met a guy by the name of Dennis,. He was cute by my standards. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes you could imagine and was very tall. He stood over 6 feet 5 and very muscular. With dark brown hair, he was a sight to see. I made a fatal mistake with him and that was I negated to tell him about me and my past when it came up during conversations. The end result was he beat me pretty badly. I spent a few weeks in hospital and I had him charged with assault.

Summer appraoched then fall appraoched and then finally Summer again and I was going to be free from school. It will be three full years full time school. When it was all over I graduated with a B+ average and made the honor roll. I was impressed. Jenn and I celebrated my graduation with pizza and a small part at her place of work. I began to work at a small convenience store soon after I graduated. The hours were at night( actually graveyard) The 12 hour shift was 11 til 11 and I worked with one other lady. her name was Beth. She was short about 5 feet nothing and dark black hair and green eyes. A wonderful woman to work with. I continually thought and hoped that my life would change for the better and it did for the next few years. During that time I was promoted to assistant manager of the store with Beth and enrolled in University. I definitely had the grades for it. I kept up with my appointments with Sheila and Dr. Raight.

I decided to take in university administration courses. I was loaded down with a full slate. I made a promise that i would do the same as I did for when I was in high school , work hard and study. No party time for me. It worked too as I received my Admin degree in the spring of 1988. Then I chose to study Political Science. I graduated in the spring of 1992 with a full Political Science degree. I was proud of my accomplishments. Jenn had moved away by that time and I had my own place. I paid 150$ a month all utilities included. I traveled by bus to and from work. Beth sold the store and I was out of a job, so I started looking. I eventually found a job in a national chain store doing stocking shelves. That was where I met Jason. Yes Jason whom earlier I mentioned. Well my life would be turned upside down n two ways after this year would be out. To my knowledge i never realized how much my life would change..........

TO BE CONTINUED...

Thanks, I know this alot to digest in this chapter, however it needed to be told. Thanks for your comments and points to improve upon. They are appreciated.

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Melissa, It Sounds As If Things Are Looking Up For You

I am glad that things finally went better for you and that you graduated. Political Sciences? I wonder if you will go into politics or teaching. I hope that things with Jason went well for you and that you can find peace. Take care my friend.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well not exactly well......

However things developed and I appreciate your comments Stan. Stay tuned as there is a rollercoaster ride ahead..(not leaving any hints...Smiles). I became a strong advocate and activist later on in life.

Mellissa (prairie_girl_64)

What an effort!

Hey Mellissa ~

I'm truly impressed by the effort you put in, the focus you mustered to complete high school and college. According to my calculation, you graduated college pretty much on schedule for someone who had had no disruptions in their lives or academics. Amazing!

Your life appears to have been quite the roller coaster ride, however, and I get the feeling from where you left off that we're perched on the top of a rather large hill...

YW

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Cliff more like it....

Stay tuned for a wild ride. Thanks YW for the support and freindship. Blessings

Mellissa (prairie_girl_64)