Tragedy of the Spirit PART 26 Defense Deposition

Printer-friendly version

TRAGEDY OF THE SPIRIT PART 26 DEFENSE DEPOSITION

COPYRIGHT 2008 PRAIRIE_GIRL_64

While laying in my hospital bed, contemplating my overall existance in the world. My depression worsened over the next few weeks. Then my world colapsed completely when I was told that I was almost paralyzed from the brutal attack that I had endurred.

Brutally assaulted I was, my god, what could possible happen too me now for crying out loud. I cried for a days after that news. I sank deeper into my self imposed depression. I have never in my life felt so worthless and alone as I have in my entire life. Well; maybe while being assualted and raped at home.

I can recall the thursday morning at 950 am when this elderly gentelman arrived at my door and asked me if I was Mellissa. I calmly replied "yes". He entered the room and introduced himself as Grant Mc Vie. Mr Mc Vie was tall and farely robust. at at slightly over 6 feet and about 255 he had greying hair at the temples and wored glasses that did no justice to his face what so ever. After the breif introductions and pleasantries out of the way, Grant asked me to recall the evening in question and what I remembered about it. I guess I should mention the fact he was representing my ex Jason.

I recalled everything that transpired that evening up til the point I lost conciousness. Grant went to explain that his client was pleading not guilty. He claimed that I had decieved him for the entire time we were dating. He (Jason) claimed that it was a accidental beating that went too far. I was visably shaken at that stupid comment and statement. I damned well knew that, that asshole jason knew exactly who I was fdrom the very beginning. I loitterally started swearing at Grant and he eventaully left, after the nurse came in and asked him to leave. I asked the nurse to call the doctor as I was starting to have some severe pains in my chest. I passed out.

I awoke three days later. The do0ctor that examined me told me that the pains in my chest were from stress and that they placed me on high sedation. I told him that I felt my chest was about to explode. They had placed a call the the crown and that she was informed of the visit by Mr. Mc Vie.

Again I lay in complete confusion and pain. I continued to be depressed and wished in my dreams that I wanted to die. I physically was broken. I was emotionally exausted. Sheila my therapist visited for many days and weeks after that horrible evernt with that defense attorney. I started to have a bit of hope that I was going to make this work for me. I was reinvigorated when I was told that Jason's trial was to start in 5 months. I swore that I would be physically ready, or as much as I could be when that asshole went on trial. I started to envisioned him getting the death penalty. (Canada abolished the death penalty in the late 1960's). I started to get a feeling of hope rather than despair. I( knew I had some hope of being there from all indications. I was starting to heal and some of my bandages were removed. I was still heavily casted and braced on my legs and arms and heavily bandaged arround my groin and ribs. I still wore the eye patech on my right eye. I still had extensive bruising on my jaw and neck. I hated the look. I looked like something out of a horror movie. Oh Yeah, my own horror movie, upon which I was the main player as well as victim.

The months passed by quickly and I slowly gained enuff strength to be moved arround again and back to physio. God I hated that place. However I began to realize that I need this assistance. Soon the month of the trial approached and well I guess I had a number of questions I needed to answer. One; Was I ready for this? Two; Could I handle being in the same room as Jason, my attacker? Would I be able to handle the constant questions from Mr. Mc Vie? How would the jury deliver it's verdict? What state would I be in when it started and when it was all over? Believe me I had thousands of questions, I just wish I had all the answers too them all. They would be answered soon enuff. If not all of them some of them...............

TO BE CONTINUED

Comments are appreciated as well as points to improove upon. Thanks for reading I appreciate it very much. Many Blessings on you.

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not Guilty?? Of All The Nerve!!

Melissa, I do hope that you made it to the trial because if the jury saw you, then Jason's goose will be cooked. Take care my friend.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Trial ......

Trials are for the guilty and beleive me that Jason was guilty as charged. Justice does not favor the victims. Wait and see. Thanks Stan much appreciated. Many Blessings to you.

Mellissa (prairie_girl_64)