How Kelly Met Lisa

Printer-friendly version

Everything began during my sister Dierdre’s slumber party one Friday night. My twin sister, Kirsten, was away for the night at a friend’s house. The only other person in the house was my single mom, and she had to leave on business.

Dierdre’s party was fairly small. There were only three other girls there, Alexis, Karen and Caitlin. I could usually find something else to do, but when there were pretty girls in the house they would command my attention and pique my curiosity. I had never spied on my sister before today, but I couldn’t resist. She and her friends were pretty and I always loved to see what they were wearing and how they did their hair.

The girls all arrived around noon. Because my mom had to be away on business that night, my sister had had to negotiate with her to have the slumber party. My mom asked who would be present at the party and when Dierdre listed the names of the three girls that she’d invited, Mom recognized them as good kids, not the trouble making sort at all. Satisfied that they could be trusted, she allowed the party. She asked Dierdre what they would be doing for dinner and she said that Alexis’ mom was picking them up and taking them to dinner. Mom figured that was good; it meant that we’d have adult supervision at least part of the time. She left money so that Dierdre could pay for herself, her friends and me and warned her not to leave me home alone at night or else. She said that if Dierdre would prefer I go to a friend’s for dinner instead of having dinner with the girls then that would be all right too.

She would have preferred, obviously, that the five of us not be left alone for the night but it was hard being a single mom and even harder to find a sitter when her office sent her on business with twenty-four hours' notice, so at times she was forced to take more liberties than she would care to. So, she left a list of the neighbors that we knew and their addresses and phone numbers just in case. She left to catch her plane before the girls arrived.

Dierdre let me have lunch with them but after they cleaned up, they went off to Dierdre’s room. I always knew that whenever she was in there, she generally wanted privacy. Her room was where she usually withdrew when she didn’t want to be bothered by her noisy, bratty little brother.
I was still enthralled by the pretty girls and I walked silently by Dierdre’s room and into my own so that I could see if she left the door open. She did. It was open a foot or so. I could hear them talking and laughing. I walked back downstairs silently and crept up to the top of the stairs so that only my head was above the stairs. My sister was facing in my direction and she was the only one I could see very well. She had noticed me walking back and forth past the door and was therefore now keeping an eye out for me. She caught me spying quite quickly.

“What are you doing, you little brat?!”

Uh oh. Busted! I ran downstairs and she stood at the top of the stairs and shouted after me not to spy on them again. I waited perhaps five minutes, crept up the stairs, again leaving only my head visible. Dierdre was still keeping an eye out for me and caught me quickly again. I began to run downstairs, hearing her warning me not to spy one more time or else!

I was about halfway down the stairs when Dierdre walked back into her room and told her friends that if I spied on them one more time she would dress me up as a girl, lock me out of my room and leave me that way the rest of the night and maybe then I’d behave! The girls all giggled at her. She had issued her threat rather loudly and I suspected that she had fully intended for me to hear it. Then I heard Alexis encouraging her, telling her how funny it would be, how cute I would be in a pretty dress and how I would look completely like a girl with my shoulder-length hair. They began to laugh.

Dierdre could indeed lock me out of my room since all of the bedroom doors in the house had double-cylindered deadbolts when we moved in and we’d never bothered to change them. We always kept each key on the inside of the door plus a spare in Mom’s office downstairs.
As for dressing me up as a girl, my twin sister Kirsten was about the same size as me, so Dierdre would have no trouble finding girls’ clothes for me to wear.

Dierdre wasn’t the type to threaten. She was a good kid like her friends. Thus, I figured that she must be quite serious about her threat. So, when Dierdre threatened to dress me up like a girl and lock me out of my room if I spied on them one more time, I knew at once that I would deliberately provoke Dierdre into carrying out her threat.

There was one thing that Dierdre didn’t know. I really liked the idea of being dressed as a girl. I hadn’t grown my hair long for nothing! It was my intention to get completely dressed up like a girl someday when I was home alone, and that was not infrequently. A couple of months back, while home alone, I had walked into Kristen’s room, pulled out a pair of her tights, and put them on over my own underwear. They felt wonderful. She had left her denim skirt on her bed and so I put that on, too. I kept my own t-shirt on, but I had fun putting my hair in girls’ pony tails and braiding it while I looked at myself in the mirror.

I thought about how much fun it would be if Dierdre and her friends dressed me as a girl and locked me out of my room. I would have an excuse to be dressed as a girl all day right out in front of all of them and they would think it was Dierdre’s idea! I couldn’t resist, I just couldn’t. Now, I really didn’t like the part about bothering Dierdre so much, but I resolved that after this last time “Dierdre’s plan” would be in motion and I wouldn’t do it again.

I crept back up the stairs so my whole head was showing above the landing again. Sure enough, Dierdre saw me for the last time and ran after me, followed closely by her friends.

“That’s it! Get up here! I’m going to turn you into a girl!”

The other girls howled with laughter as they ran after me, excited at the prospect of dressing up Dierdre’s little brother in girls’ clothes.

“I’m going to make you wear tights, little sister!”

I had to fight to keep myself from smiling. I was hoping she would make me wear tights -- I loved tights! I made a show of running into the living room, but I made myself trip on the edge of the rug and fall down so that they could catch me. All four girls pounced on me at once.

“All right, little sister! I hope you like being a girl! Let’s bring her upstairs, girls!”
“Oh no!”
“Oh yes!”

They giggled as they dragged me up the stairs and I pretended to resist -- just enough to be believable. They brought me into Dierdre’s room and Dierdre locked her door and put her key in the pocket of her Capri pants while the other three girls held me. I decided I’d better start pretending that I didn’t want to get dressed up as a girl — even though that was exactly what I wanted!

“Uh oh! I’m screwed!”
“You’re very screwed, little sister!”

Dierdre’s friends giggled at Dierdre calling me her sister.

“Hold him for a minute. I’ll be right back!”

She left the room and locked her door behind her.

“Hey, why are we locked in here?”

They began to laugh at Dierdre. She was back fairly quickly. She held up a pink bra and a pink pair of panties that were both satin. She brought them over to me and held them both up for her friends to see.

“These will look precious on you, won’t they girls?”

They all cracked up again.

“Yes!”
“Hold him, girls.”
“Uh oh!”

They held me tightly while my sister stripped me down to my underwear. She walked into her bathroom and grabbed a towel from the rack. She brought it back into her room, wrapped it around my waist, reached under it and pulled off my underwear.

“If you give me any trouble, little sister, I swear to God I’ll take the towel away and make you stand there naked.”

I hadn’t seen that one coming, but fortunately, I had no intention of resisting anyway. She picked up the panties and slid them on me, pulling them up to my waist under the towel. When she was done, she took the towel away and there I was, standing in front of the girls naked except for a pair of pink, satin panties. I was still only eleven and so my crotch looked just like a girl’s with the panties flattening me out. They laughed out loud at me.

“If you like that, girls, then wait ‘til you see this!”

She put the bra on me, adjusting the straps and stuffing the small cups with tissue paper. Then she took the rubber band from my pony tail and let my hair hang down long. She grabbed her brush and brushed out my hair. I was really beginning to feel like a girl and had to work at hiding the fact that I was enjoying it so much.

“Okay, girls, you can let her go. She can’t go anywhere. A pretty girl like you needs to wear pretty nail polish!”

They laughed at me some more as Dierdre picked out some reddish pink nail polish and put it on all of my nails. I wasn’t resisting. I had been hoping she would go absolutely all out, and now it seemed that I was getting my wish! A few minutes later the nail polish was dry.

“Whaddya know, sis, you look a lot like a girl already!”

Dierdre’s friends laughed at me. I gave an obligatory resigned sigh to keep them convinced that I didn’t want to do this. In fact, I couldn’t think of anything I would rather do then get dressed up as a girl and hang out with other girls.

“Now then, I’m going to go and get you your dress.”

Her friends cracked up again. She opened her bedroom door, walked out, and locked the door behind her. Something occurred to Alexis and she spoke her mind.

“You do realize that she just locked us all in here again.”

The other girls chuckled. They chatted amongst themselves about what would probably look best on me. Karen took a shot.

“He would look so cute in a nice satin party dress.”

Alexis spoke again.

“You mean ‘she’.”

The other girls cracked up. Alexis came up with an idea they could work on while they waited for Dierdre to return with my girl clothes. I sat silently on the bed in my bra and panties, listening to them have fun at my expense.

“You know what, girls? I think maybe our new little girl needs a pretty little name. How about Ashley?”
“Nah, some guys have that name. We need something exclusively girly… like Elizabeth.”
“Or Brittany!”

They all laughed. I decided to just keep my mouth shut and deliberately flinch every time I heard a girl’s name just to keep convincing them.

“How about Lisa?”
“I like Lisa!”
“Me too!”
“Okay, Lisa, I hope you like your new name.”

I loved my new name, but I didn’t tell them that. Finally, Dierdre came back to her room, unlocked her door, entered, and relocked the door. She was holding Kirsten’s pink duffle bag.

“Hey Dierdre, we just named our little girl Lisa!”

Dierdre burst out laughing.

“Awww, what a pretty name! I’m going to love calling you Lisa! Time to get dressed, Lisa!”

Deirdre pulled out a pink, organza sleeveless dress that had a floral pattern with medium sized flowers in it and a wide pink satin sash around the waist. I thought it was the cutest dress I had ever seen. If I had been a girl out shopping with my mother I would have begged her to let me get it. I couldn’t wait to put it on!

“Put your dress on!”

Those were the magic words! When Dierdre unzipped the back and held it out I didn’t hesitate. I had to be careful not to take it from her too quickly and give away my enjoyment. I stepped carefully into the dress, zipped up the back and smoothed it out without being asked to. Dierdre tied the sash for me in a pretty bow behind my back.

“Now for the best part. Sit on the bed.”
“Okay.”

While the other girls watched Dierdre rummage in the bag for the next item, I sat obediently on the bed, sweeping up my dress from under me, anticipating the next item with inward excitement. Dierdre brought out the next item.

“You know what’s next, don’t you?”
“No, not really.”
“Tights!”

The girls laughed and applauded as she held them up. I was so excited I could barely control myself.

“These aren’t just cotton or wool either. They’re nylon so you’ll feel as girly as possible!”

To think that she believed that I would hate them! I was so thrilled that I was starting to have trouble containing myself. I hoped that nobody would notice.

“I’ll put these on you.”
“Okay.”

I knew how to put them on since I’d worn Kirsten’s tights several times now, but I wasn’t about to tell them. I let Dierdre put them on me. She bunched up one leg, put it on my right foot and pulled that leg up past my knee. Then she did the same with the other leg. Finally, she eased them up all the way to my waist and dropped the hem of my pretty dress. They were see-through and they looked so pretty and felt so nice that I could hardly stand it! I was in girly heaven! I tried to look bummed out and hoped to gawd that I was doing it well.

Dierdre reached into the bag again and pulled out a pair of white leather shoes. They had a pocket for the front of my feet from the ball forward, a second pocket just for my heels, a strap that crossed the ankle, and just the open sole between the two pockets. The shoes had a wide one and a half inch heel to them as well.

“Let’s see you put these cuties on, sis! I picked out heels for you to make you feel even more girly!”
“Okay, I’ll give it a shot.”

I deliberately fumbled for a few seconds to make myself look inexperienced and got them on. They seemed to fit nicely. They felt really nice over the tights. The girls began playfully cat calling me.

“Damn, Lisa! You're looking hot, babe!”

While I tried to seem embarrassed, Dierdre decided she wanted to parade me around in my new heels.

“Stand up, Lisa, and walk around the room a little bit.”

I happily obliged her. I took it slowly, but the wide heels were pretty easy to get used to and I was walking smoothly. How much fun this was! The girls cat called me some more and I couldn’t help myself any longer. I burst out laughing myself. Dierdre was surprised, to say the least.

“Why, Lisa, what’s this now? Are you enjoying being dressed like a girl?”
“Shut up! I can laugh! Although…”
“Yes, sister Lisa?”

We all laughed at Dierdre’s latest one liner.

“I was going to say that it’s probably not funny for a girl when a guy does that out in public. Actually, a girl would probably feel as embarrassed as a boy walking around in a dress.”
“You’re right, Lisa. It’s not so funny for a girl. I’m impressed that you understand that. Maybe I’ve underestimated you over the years. The night will tell.”

Dierdre gave me a devilish smile and we all laughed at her. I hoped that I would still be laughing later. Oh well, I knew that I would enjoy anything having to do with dressing as a girl — well, almost anything! I was having so much fun already.

“Okay, Lisa. You’re looking good and you’re almost done. I just need to do a few more things. First, let me French braid your hair.”

The girls burst out laughing again. I did too.

“My, Lisa, you really are enjoying this, aren’t you?”
“I am not! Laughter’s contagious even when you’re humiliated, okay?”
“Well, I suppose there’s something to be said for having a sense of humor during difficult times. I’ll give you that.”

Dierdre was quite good at French braiding hair and she was done in no time. She finished it off by tying a pretty pink ribbon in a bow to hide the rubber hand that was holding it all together. I now had the most beautiful French braid going down behind my head. I was so pleased!

“Okay, cutie, it’s time for a little makeup to make you look your girly best!”

Dierdre put a little foundation on my face, then mascara, eyeliner, light eye shadow, lipstick, and light blush. As a final way of making me feel girly, she got out some of her jewelry. She put a gold necklace on me with a small round pendant into which an amethyst was set and slid a gold ring with three small amethysts onto my finger. Last, she added some small gold clip-on hoop earrings.

“Okay, Lisa. You’re all dressed up for the night. Come here.”

She led me over to her full length mirror. The girls all applauded at me.

“You look so pretty, Lisa!”

We all laughed again, but when I saw myself I was stunned. My breath caught in my chest. My mouth hung slightly open. I looked so pretty that I couldn’t believe it. The dress was pretty, my tights were pretty, my French braided hair was pretty and my face was pretty with the makeup on. Even my jewelry looked pretty. I looked and felt beautiful. There was no sign at all that I wasn’t a girl.

It was now 2 o’clock in the afternoon.

“Okay, girls. Make sure Lisa doesn’t try to leave. I just have a few more things to do before we let her leave the room. I’ll be right back.”

They laughed again as Dierdre picked up all of my boy clothes and put them in an empty trash bag she’d had in her desk. I was still too distracted by my own reflection to laugh. Being a pretty girl felt wonderful!

“You know what, Lisa? I like you as a girl. Maybe I should throw all of your boy clothes in the garbage and make you stay a girl forever!”

We all cracked up. I kept laughing even after the other girls stopped.

“What, you like that idea? That can be arranged, you know!”

I made myself stop laughing now. I would love it if she did get rid of all of my boy stuff. Heck, for all I cared she could put all of my clothes in the fireplace and burn them. I’d never really liked boy stuff anyway.
Dierdre unlocked her door, left the room, and locked the door behind her again. Alexis decided not the pass up on the opportunity to crack another one liner.

“Yeah. We’re locked in here again.”

Caitlin spoke up, too.

“Yeah, that’s the third time she’s done that!”

Alexis continued cracking jokes.

“‘Hi, Honey! What did you do at Dierdre’s house?’ ‘Oh, she locked us in her room all night!’ Dierdre, you donut!”

We broke up into laughter. I wasn’t sure if Dierdre was supposed to hear that until she did and we heard her crack up. Then we all cracked up.
For the next five minutes or so, the girls made me parade around the room for them and they made me learn how to curtsy. Then Dierdre returned, entered the room, and locked the door again.

“Lisa, do you want to show Dierdre your pretty new curtsy?”

Dierdre burst out laughing again. I pretended to be very sheepish as I demonstrated my newfound femininity for her. They all cat called a bit more.

“Okay, Lisa. Here’s the deal. I have taken all of your clothes — including everything of yours from the laundry room. All of your stuff is now in your room and the door is now locked. I have removed all of the bathrobes and towels from all of the bathrooms except for the small hand towels. I have also removed the sheets, blankets and towels from the linen closet. I have removed the coats from the closet downstairs. In short, I’ve confiscated anything you could possibly wear — other than girl clothes, that is. I’ve put it all in Mom’s room which, again, is now locked. Kirsten’s room is also locked so you can’t wear her comforter all day. I took the spare keys from downstairs and I have placed them around my neck. I’m keeping all the keys on my person until I feel like letting you be a boy again and that will be midnight at the very earliest.”

The girls whooped and cheered through their laughter at Dierdre’s dominion and the thought of me locked out of my own room and dressed as a girl for ten hours in tights and everything. They were having fun and they were glad that it would continue for the rest of the day, though I was much happier about it than they were! I had accomplished my goal. I got to be dressed like a girl right in front of them all day long and they thought it was all Dierdre’s idea! Part of me wished that she would never again return the key to my room. That was the part of me that wished that I had been born a girl. I was absolutely in love with my “predicament”.

“Now then, my friends and I would like some private time for a while, so if you wouldn’t mind leaving my room, we would appreciate it.”
“Okay, I’ll leave you girls alone. Even though I am one now.” We all laughed. “I know it will be hard without having a boy dressed as a girl in the room, but have fun, girls.”

I turned to leave the room and as I walked past Dierdre sprayed her perfume in the air right in front of me so that I walked right through it. The girls cracked up at me and I laughed with them. I left the room smelling sweetly of girl’s perfume and Dierdre closed and locked her door behind me. I decided to keep up appearances by testing my door. It was definitely locked. I heard them giggle at me. I smiled a big smile. I got to be dressed as a girl all day right in front of the other girls! I was having a blast.

I wanted to see myself in a mirror again so I walked happily downstairs to the family room, where one entire wall was covered with floor-to-ceiling mirrors to make the room look bigger. That room always had a lot of light in it so it would be the perfect place!

I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself for a while, admiring my new girly look. I loved the way the tights looked and felt and I adored my dress. My hair looked and felt wonderful. I loved my perfume, too. I tilted my head to one side and smiled. I really did look like a happy little girl. I twirled around to see what I looked like from behind and stopped facing the mirror again. I took off my shoes so that I could see my toes in the tights. Then I wiggled them like a girl might. I walked across the room and stood there for a few minutes to see what I looked like from a distance, tilting my head again and holding my necklace with one hand. Then I walked towards my reflection in the mirror. I decided to practice walking like a girl for a little while, keeping one ear aimed at the stairs in case the girls came downstairs. I had once found a site on the internet that told me how and I had practiced in Kirsten’s room while wearing her tights. I took smaller steps, wiggled my butt more, and swung my arms only from the elbows. I was really starting to look like a girl walking across the room -- at least to me. I smiled again. I brought a chair over from the table near the window and placed it in front of the mirror so that I could see myself sit down. I swept my dress out from under me as I sat down, watching myself do it. I looked just like a girl sitting down. I smiled. I stretched out my legs towards the mirror so that I could get a good look at my tights. I crossed my legs first at the ankles and then at the knees. I smiled with joy.

I decided to turn on the TV to a movie so that I wouldn’t be too quiet. If Dierdre was anything like our mother then silence would make her curious. I selected a movie that was pretty good, but not one of my top favorites because I knew I wouldn’t really be watching it anyway. Then I returned the chair to the table and selected a spot on the couch from which I could see my reflection. I sat down like a girl again to watch the show, but I kept looking at myself in the mirror. I was enthralled with the way I looked — and smelled. I couldn’t get over it.
After about half an hour I decided I wanted to walk outside in the backyard, but I was nervous the girls would come down and catch me. Then I got an idea how to gain myself the freedom I needed to go out in the backyard without losing track of where my sister and her friends were at any time. We had an old baby monitor that one of our senile old relatives had given us about ten years too late. Mom had occasionally used it to monitor the front door while working in the basement or the backyard if she was expecting someone. The baby monitor was in the closet in the basement. I wouldn’t be able to hear Dierdre and her friends from down there, so I would have to move quickly. I thought about exactly where it was so I wouldn’t have to look around. Then I crept downstairs to retrieve it. It was just where I had expected, so I grabbed it and hustled back upstairs, making sure to stay quiet. I crept towards the bottom of the stairs and checked to make sure they were still upstairs. I could still hear them laughing, probably at me. I breathed a sigh of relief.

The baby monitor needed batteries. Fortunately, Mom usually kept a good supply on hand. In no time, I had fresh batteries in the handset. I turned off the handset and left it downstairs. Then I took the base, crept upstairs and placed it behind a box on the floor beneath the hall table. Then I silently plugged it in and turned it on. It was less than ten feet from Dierdre’s door and that would be close enough.
I crept back down to the family room and turned on the handset. I could hear them well enough to know if they left Dierdre’s room. In fact, I could hear them too well and I didn’t want to eavesdrop on their conversation. I fiddled with the squelch until their conversation became too garbled to understand. I thought I might find it interesting, but it wasn’t nice to spy on my sister — and I had already bothered her enough. Besides, if they were planning anything else it would be more fun to be surprised.

Dierdre’s room faced the front of the house and the back of our house was pretty darn private. So, armed with the baby monitor and leaving the TV on, I ventured outside into the backyard and sat outside for a few minutes. I had been careful to bring a few paper towels to sit on so I wouldn’t get my dress dirty. I had also made sure I could sit in the shade. If the girls saw new color in my face they would know I’d been outside. I couldn’t afford to get even a little bit of a tan. It felt very weird but very wonderful to be outside dressed as a girl. It had been enjoyably surreal enough inside. Now I was starting to feel like a real girl. I could hear cars passing by in front of the house and I pretended everyone in them could see me dressed as a girl. I was sorely tempted to walk out front and down the street but even if my sister and her friends didn’t see me, I thought a neighbor might and then everybody would know that I enjoy dressing as a girl and Dierdre might get in trouble. I had deliberately provoked Dierdre into dressing me as a girl and locking me out of my room, so it would be especially evil to get her in trouble for it.

I was plenty happy just knowing that I got to be a girl all day in full view of my sister and her friends. I smiled at the thought of it. How I was savoring this day! After about half an hour, I decided to go back inside so that I wouldn’t get my dress dirty — another sure giveaway that I’d been outside.

Next, I decided to walk up to the hallway right outside Kirsten’s room, where there was a floor-to-ceiling window with a sheer curtain on it. I felt confident enough that anyone looking in wouldn’t be able to see well enough to make out my face and would think I was Kirsten. Before I got to the top of the stairs, I turned the volume on the baby monitor way down so that my sister wouldn’t hear her voice echoing up and down the hallway. I stood in front of that window watching cars go by, pretending that the whole neighborhood could see me dressed as a girl. I smiled.

* * * * *

The girls were having some very productive private time indeed. They were talking all about Lisa!

“Wow, that was the most fun I’ve ever had!” Alexis was beaming with delight and the others agreed with her.
“That was totally the best!”

Alexis hadn’t had enough of seeing me dressed as a girl by a long shot.

“We should make Lisa go outside!”
“No, that’s going too far.”
“Are you sure, Dierdre? I think your little sister down there is actually enjoying being dressed as a girl!”
“Do you think so, Alexis? I thought I got a vibe while I was dressing her up but that doesn’t mean much on its own. What do you think?”
“I think it was too easy to catch her. She ran into your living room when we were chasing her and that’s a dead end. She could have run around the bottom floor and back up to her room — or even out the back door or something. That’s kind of a stupid thing to do and Lisa’s a lot smarter than that. Still, I guess she could have been just blindly running.”
“Well, you know, Alexis, every time I caught her spying on us she was sitting exactly where I could see her. First, I saw her walk past the door a couple of times but then she just sat there on the stairs and basically stared at me. It didn’t seem like she was trying very hard not to get caught…” Dierdre sat up straight. “…which could mean that–“
“She wanted to get caught, yes! And you all saw the way she started laughing at herself while she was already dressed as a girl and we were cat calling her.”

Alexis had scored another point and Dierdre was beginning to agree with her.

“Yes and I could swear that she was actually excited when she first saw the dress and again when I pulled out the tights to put on her.”

Alexis was getting excited now.

“Really? That’s so funny! I didn’t notice that, but you’re her sister, so you would know better than me.”
“Yeah — oh, and she put the dress on pretty quickly and even zipped it up and smoothed it out without being asked to. Then she held it up before she sat down, like a girl. What was that all about?”
“Don’t forget her girly long hair!”

Everyone laughed at Caitlin’s comment. Dierdre had noticed one more thing.

“Did you see her face when she saw herself in the mirror?”
“I did!”
“What did you think, Alexis?”
“I think she loved it!”
“I kind of thought the same thing, actually!”
“Oh, and Dierdre, we all saw how she laughed when you sprayed her with your perfume — nice touch, by the way!”

They laughed again.

“So we’re agreed, then?”
“Well, Alexis, we’re still not positive — or at least, I’m still not positive. But, I do think we’re agreed that it’s definitely possible and even likely that Lisa wanted me to dress her up as a girl and lock her out of her room and that she provoked me to do it on purpose!”

They were at the razor’s edge of knowing everything. Devious Alexis had a thought cross her mind that got her really excited.

“Hey everyone, I just thought of something! There are ways we can test her. We’re going out to a restaurant for dinner tonight and Dierdre can’t leave her home alone at night!”

At first the other girls became slightly disappointed that there was a problem with their plans, but when Alexis finished what she had to say, they cheered right up!

“No, no, no, this could be great! Think about it! Wouldn’t it be awesome if bratty little brother came to the restaurant with us dressed up as a girl?”
“Yes!!!”

Dierdre’s faced betrayed her desire to see me do exactly that.

“Gee, I don’t know.” The devilish look returned to her face. “But I’m sure as hell going to try!”
“How can we convince her?”

Alexis just had to see me sitting in a restaurant dressed like a cute little girl — and smelling of perfume. Dierdre thought for a moment.

“Maybe it wouldn’t be that hard. First, she’s definitely staying a girl until the end of the night. I don’t want to see my bratty little brother again until then. So maybe I’ll give her a choice that isn’t really a choice. She’s staying a girl, so she has to either come with us or go to a friend’s house -- wearing tights. She’ll probably choose to come with us —- especially if she feels safe trusting us to be nice and not reveal her to anyone.”

Dierdre’s devilish smile shone on her face as they all laughed.

“I do have one question, though. If she really has a problem with that, then I don’t have the heart to make her go out dressed as a girl. If that happens, would you all mind having a pizza night here instead? I’m having way too much fun with her dressed as a girl to leave without her.”

Alexis wasn’t going to let it go.

“Remember, Dierdre, she enjoys being dressed as a girl -- okay, she probably enjoys it. If she feels safe that we’ll be nice to her and that we won’t tell anyone that she’s not a girl like you said, then I have a feeling she might even be excited to go out in public as a girl. We have to give her the chance. If she doesn’t want to go out after all, then I don’t want to make her any more than you do and I would be happy to have pizza here. But we have to try, Dierdre!”
“I’m also fine with having pizza here if it doesn’t work.”
“So am I.”
“Great, then we’re agreed. Let’s give this a shot!”

Alexis had them convinced of success enough that they set about getting themselves dressed in nicer clothes for dinner.

* * * * *

While I was admiring my tights again in the family room mirror, I heard my sister’s door open on the baby monitor. I hurried to the couch, turned off the monitor, put it in the coffee table drawer, and sat back to pretend I’d been watching TV. I had seen the movie being shown so I could fake things nicely if she asked about it.

When the girls came downstairs I heard Karen playfully calling my name.

“Oh, Lisa! We have a surprise for you!”

The girls began giggling again. I wondered what the surprise was. When they walked into the living room, I saw that they were now dressed up like me, in nice dresses and tights. They came over and sat on the couch with me.

“Hey, little sister! As you know, you’re staying dressed as a girl for the rest of the night. As you also know, we’re going out for a nice dinner tonight and I’m not allowed to leave you here alone at night. So, you need to think about whether you want to go to a friend’s for dinner dressed as a girl or come out to dinner with us dressed as a girl.”

The girls were giggling at this latest twist in my ‘predicament’.

“You’re welcome to come with us and we’d love to have you. We promise that we’d be nice to you because we understand that you would be risking a lot as it is. We also promise that the fact that you’re not a girl would stay in this room. We wouldn’t tell Alexis’ mom. We would tell her that you’re our cousin Lisa from out of town who had to come and stay with us on short notice, and that my bratty little brother is staying at his friend’s house for the night. But remember, coming with us means you have to go out in public, to a crowded restaurant, dressed as a girl. As for having dinner with your friends, however, we can’t promise jack. Knowing some of your friends, you’ll be lucky if they don’t drive you to a mall and dump you off. So what do you think? Do you want to come with us since we already know? We’d have a lot of fun together.”

I was concerned about going into a crowded place like a restaurant dressed in Kirsten’s dress and tights. At the same time, I wanted to be a girl and I desperately wanted to experience life as a girl even if it was only for a short while at a restaurant. I wanted go out and have everyone think I was a girl and interact with me as though I were a girl. I decided that I wanted it enough to go through with it. I still needed to keep up my appearances, so I pretended I was stalling.

“Hmmmm…”

Dierdre put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

“Lisa, we’ve discovered that we really do like you as a girl. Bringing you to the restaurant with us is not just about seeing you dressed as a girl out in public. Now, I’m not going to lie and pretend like we don’t want to see you out in public dressed as a girl, because we do -- and I’m sure you already know that. But we won’t be having fun at your expense. We’ll be having fun fooling Alexis’ mom and all the waiters and strangers at the restaurant. We also really want you to come and have fun with us.”

The others backed her up on that point. I smiled at them.

“Thank you. I’m happy to hear that.”

Hearing Dierdre list all of the people I would need to fool made showing up at a restaurant dressed as a girl seem like a very daunting prospect. However, I still couldn’t resist the opportunity to have fun dressed as a girl in public. I felt that I could fool everyone simply because I really did want to be a girl and I was already letting myself believe that I was a girl. I decided to pause one more moment just to add a little drama.

“Well… can you tell at all that I’m not a girl?”
“No, not at all. Honestly.”

Knowing that everything depended on convincing me and that it was honestly true anyway, the other girls added their agreement. I took a deep breath. Alexis threw in her two cents.

“I would bet money that we could take you into the girls’ bathroom and nobody would even blink! Besides, if you use the boys’ room then people will know you’re not a girl.”
“Well, girls, I’ve decided. I feel safe enough to do this because I know that you wouldn’t tell anyone or embarrass me. I choose dinner out with you."

The girls cheered when they heard my decision.

“This is awesome! We’ll have fun. We’ll teach you everything you need to know so that you’ll be undetectable.”
“Okay.”
“We should get started before Alexis’ mom gets here.”
“What should we do first?”
“Let me see you walk across the room, sis.”
“How’s this?”

I got up and walked across the room and walked back. Without thinking about it, I walked like a girl as I had practiced. They were quite impressed.

“Wow, Lisa you’re a natural at walking like a girl. Nice work!”

Dierdre and Alexis glanced at each other.

“Oh, thanks.”

They had me practice for about five minutes and then they showed me the next thing.

“Okay, Lisa. Now, I’d like to see you sit down like a girl.”
“Okay.”

I walked over to the couch, swept my skirt out from under me with both hands and sat down with my knees together.

“Good. Very good.”
“Thanks, Dierdre.”
“Go ahead and cross your legs at your ankles.”
“Like this?”
“Yes. Exactly. That’s one way girls sit. Now cross your legs at your knees instead.”
“Here I go.”
“Nicely done, Lisa.”

The girls applauded at me again.

“That’s another way girls sit. Always make sure you sit up straight, too. Girls are always taught to sit up straight. You’ve heard mom saying all of that ‘sit up straight like a lady’ bullshit, right?”

We laughed.

“I sure have. It even annoys me!”
“Now I want to go over some gestures and things like that. When girls talk there are certain things we do. Sometimes we play with our hair, sometimes we play with a ring or our necklaces. We nod our heads a lot more often than boys do. We often tilt our heads to one side and often touch one arm with the other or touch a leg with one hand, touch basically any public part of ourselves with one hand while we talk. When we pick things up, we use only the tips of our fingers, not the whole hand like a boy. Got all of that so far?”
“Yes, I think so.”
“Good. Always be polite and use the word ‘yes’ more often that the word ‘yeah’ because those two things will help you to speak more naturally as a girl. Girls do use the word ‘yeah’ but you’ll be safer using ‘yes’ instead.”
“Okay.”
“Do you understand?”

Time to show off a bit. I replied with my head tilted to one side, with one hand holding onto my necklace.

“Yes, I think so.”

The girls cheered and applauded again. Alexis decided to express her approval.

“You’re really turning into a girl fast, Lisa. Way to go!”

I smiled as I replied, with my head tilted slightly further than before. “Thank you!”

“Yes, little sis, I’m proud of you!”

Dierdre actually gave me a hug! She never gave me a hug! It wasn’t that she didn’t like me. It was that I had been a boy until now. I loved the way we were getting along so nicely and I loved the way all of the girls were so nice to me. Most of all, I loved how good it felt to be myself. Being a girl was great so far!

Alexis’ mom came to pick us up. Dierdre gave me a soft pink girl’s sweater to wear over my dress that she’d brought from upstairs and then she took my hand and led me outside to the front of the house. I felt a huge rush of nervous excitement as I stepped outside to face the world as a girl for the first time. I couldn’t believe I was getting to do this! It felt incredible; I felt like I was dreaming.

Dierdre locked the front door and we went out to the car. We all climbed into Alexis’ mom’s massive Suburban for the ride to the restaurant. Dierdre introduced me to Alexis’ mom as her cousin Lisa from out of town and Alexis’ mom never noticed that I wasn’t a girl. The girls thought it was hysterically funny that Alexis’ mom was fooled and I just smiled with my head tilted. Alexis’ mom was nice to me and told me that I looked ‘so pretty in that adorable dress’. I thanked her politely, holding my necklace and smiling sweetly. I never got compliments like that before I was Lisa! How unfair! The ride to the restaurant was about fifteen minutes long. Whenever we stopped I felt like everyone outside the car could see me dressed as a girl. I was totally thrilled. I was so excited to be really experiencing life as a girl, or at least as close as it gets without heavy duty surgery.

Finally, we arrived at the restaurant. The parking lot was mostly empty, but the parking spots closest to the restaurant were all for compact cars. The big boat we were riding in would simply not fit without gravely inconveniencing its neighbors and Alexis’ mom was too nice to do something so obnoxious, so we parked across the lot. That was just fine with me since it gave me an excuse to walk across the parking lot totally in the open dressed as a girl. As we got out of the car, my heart sped up. I watched Dierdre and Alexis to see how they got out of the car. I moved slowly and gently, watching out for my dress at all times. When I got to the edge of the seat, I swung my legs around and climbed out with Dierdre’s help. She whispered to me that I had done that very nicely and I smiled at her. She took my hand as we walked across the parking lot. I felt the night air blowing against my legs in their tights and it felt wonderful. I felt extremely visible and my hand gripped Dierdre’s but I was having the time of my life!

We walked into the dimmed restaurant and stood near the hostess desk. I had another rush of nervous excitement. Suddenly I was surrounded with people who could see me dressed as a girl! We waited for the hostess along with two families. One had grown children who paid us no heed, but the other one had two little girls, about seven and nine years old. Since I looked the youngest in my group, they struck up a conversation with me. I remembered to smile and nod my head a lot and play with my hair or hold onto my necklace. The other girls in my party watched me, endeared with my progress turning into a girl. The nine year old’s name was Lindsay and her little sister’s name was Jessica. They were both very cute kids. Lindsay dominated the conversation, being the oldest, and talked about her dolls and our dresses and what she wanted for Christmas, even thought it was only August. Her sister began rattling off her Christmas wishes too, until Lindsay gently told her that she wanted to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. Then Lindsay did ask me what I wanted for Christmas. Without even having to think about it I told her that I would love to get some pretty clothes for Christmas and maybe even a pretty dress like the one I was wearing. There was a definite longing in my voice that really only Dierdre noticed. I explained to Lindsay that the dress I was wearing belonged to my cousin. I didn’t want to say sister on the off chance that someone I knew could be at the restaurant. I was supposed to be Dierdre and Kirsten’s cousin from out of town.

Finally the hostess came and seated Lindsay and her family. We waved goodbye to each other with a smile. They really were nice kids. Dierdre complimented me quietly.

“Nice work, Lisa. I’m seriously impressed with my new little sister tonight.”
“Thanks, Dierdre.”
“Are you comfortable enough here?”
“Yes, I think so.” She didn’t know the half of it!

The hostess now came back to seat us. As we walked to our table I realized the place looked like a converted club. There was a large, lower section in the center of the restaurant and on either side there were three steps, the length of the room, that went up to the upper sections. Our table was in the center of the upper section on the left hand side — right next to the stairs. When we got to the table and I sat down I felt like the whole room could see me. I felt like I was on a pedestal. I felt another surge of nervous excitement inundate me. Dierdre held my hand for a few seconds under the table to reassure me.

Dierdre and Alexis began chatting with me while Karen and Caitlin chatted with Alexis’ mom. After a few minutes I noticed a very pretty girl looking at me from across the room in the opposite upper section. She seemed to be smiling at me. I mentioned her to Dierdre and Alexis, describing her before Dierdre looked across at her. She had blue eyes, curly shoulder length golden brown hair and a very pretty smile. She was wearing a plaid jumper over a white turtleneck and white tights. I even described her shoes, which were black leather medium heel Mary Janes.

“Do you think she’s smiling at me?”
“Yes, Lisa. I do believe it’s you she’s smiling at.”

I smiled at that. I tried to be discreet while still delivering my point.

“Do you think that she… well, I mean, do you think she likes girls?”

The way I saw it, either she knew I wasn’t a girl and was interested anyway or she didn’t know I wasn’t a girl and preferred girls.

“I don’t know, sis, but I think she must. We all agree you look very pretty.”

Alexis jumped in.

“She likes girls, trust me.” Dierdre turned her head to look at her.
“You think so?”
“I know so.”
“Really? How do you know?”
“She was smiling at me when we walked in.”

The three of us started laughing. We weren’t laughing at the girl across the room for potentially being a lesbian. We were laughing at Alexis because of the way she had said it. She had a knack for using just the perfect wry tone of voice to make people laugh.

It became time to order and when the waiter got to me he addressed me as ‘Miss’. I smiled sweetly and said ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ as I ordered. Dierdre had ordered a soup and salad and I decided I’d better order the same. When he brought us our drinks he opened my soda can for me. Wow. Girls certainly got a lot of nice treatment from the nicer boys, anyway. For the next fifteen minutes or so we enjoyed some good girl talk and good food but then I realized I needed to use the bathroom. I asked Dierdre to come since I had seen her do that with her friends many times. She happily obliged me.

So we went into the Women’s bathroom. That was another first and another burst of nervous excitement. I kept my cool, though. Dierdre whispered to me to remember to sit down and use some toilet paper even if I only drop it in the toilet because a girl always uses toilet paper. I followed her instructions, redressed myself and washed my hands. After we checked our makeup, we walked out the bathroom door. When we got outside the restroom, we saw the girl who had been smiling at me from across the room walking straight towards us. When we got close enough, I amazed myself by being the first to speak.

“Hi.” I could tell we were both a bit nervous.
“Hi. I like your dress. You look really pretty.”

I couldn’t tell if I was detecting romantic chemistry or not. I only knew that she was nervous and a bit excited.

“Thank you. I think your dress is very cute too. Where did you get it?”

She described the store at the mall where she got it and we chatted for a few seconds. Dierdre was very polite. She patiently listened to our conversation and waited for us to finish. After a few minutes I realized that the pretty girl I was talking to might need to use the bathroom.

“Well, it’s been very nice to talk with you, but I’m sure you must need to… attend to certain things right about now.”

She nodded and smiled, tilting her head to one side.

“Yes, I do, but it was very nice to talk with you, too. My name’s Molly.”
“My name’s Lisa. This is my si– cousin, Dierdre. It’s very nice to meet you, Molly.”

Molly’s expression seemed to brighten when she heard me slip up.

“It’s very nice to meet you too, Lisa. Bye.”
“Bye.”

We gave each other a wave and a smile and then she went into the bathroom. Dierdre and I headed back to our table. She walked on the carpet and I floated on a cloud.

“Okay, I should have listened to Alexis. Molly definitely does seem to like girls. Still, I did get a vibe at the very end, when you slipped up--”
“You mean when I forgot whether you were my sister or my cousin?”

We both laughed.

“That would be it, yes. Anyway, I thought that she might be starting to suspect — and yet her smile seemed to get bigger.”

When we got back to the table, Dierdre immediately began telling everyone what had just happened, ceding to Alexis that she was probably correct, after all. I thought I detected some level of envy in the other girls and I felt for them. If it had been one of the other girls who was talking to Molly I would have been jealous! The other girls wanted to hear the details so I recapped the conversation I had had with Molly and ended by mentioning that I wondered what sort of vibe she may have been receiving about me. I knew that comment went right by Alexis’ mom but the girls knew exactly what I was talking about. From time to time I smiled across the room at Molly and I always found her smiling back at me.

We finished our delicious meal and the waiter returned to ask if we’d like desert. We all politely declined and so he went to get the bill for us instead. Alexis’ mom signed the bill, complete with a generous tip and we got up to leave. I gave Molly one last smile before we left. Then I turned my attention to Dierdre, who wanted to ask if I had been comfortable being at the restaurant dressed as a girl. I reassured her that I had been comfortable, that I’d had a good time having dinner out with the girls and that my encounter with Molly would have made it more than worth it even if I hadn’t. She smiled at me and I could tell that she wished that she could have had an experience with a handsome boy the way I had with a beautiful girl.

We were just reaching the entrance at the front of the restaurant when I found myself again face to face with beautiful Molly. My smile came at once. She smiled brightly at me when she saw me. I exited the restaurant side by side with her as her father held the door for us.

“It was very nice to meet you, Molly.”
“It was very nice to meet you, too, Lisa.”

We began to part ways and we got few steps away from each other when I heard Molly addressing me, slightly out of breath.

“Excuse me, Lisa?”
“Hi, Molly. Nice to see you again.”
“I was thinking, i-if you’re interested, I mean, that it might be fun to get to know each other better.”

My face displayed another smile. I admired her for making the move.

“I think that would be a lot of fun, too.”
“Okay, great! Here’s my number.” She jotted it down quickly on a Post-It pad and handed it to me.
“Thank you! Why don’t I give you mine too, just in case?”
“Okay!”

I quickly jotted our phone number on Molly’s post-it pad and handed her the pad and the pen.

“Okay, Molly, I’ll talk to you soon! Once again, nice to meet you!”

“You too. We’ll talk soon!”

Now we did part ways. The other girls wanted to hear about my latest conversation with Molly and I excitedly related our conversation to them. I couldn’t wait to talk to her again!

The car ride home was a blur. I didn’t forget that I was dressed as a girl because I could feel my tights and my dress every time I moved my legs. However, unlike the ride to the restaurant, I was thinking about Molly and not about whether or not people outside the car could see me dressed as a girl.

After we got home and thanked Alexis’ mom for the dinner and the driving, we all went upstairs to change out of our dresses.

“Oh, Lisa, you’re still a girl for a few more hours, so why don’t I get you a nightgown like the rest of us?”
“Okay. Thanks.”

Dierdre picked out a pretty plum colored satin nightdress from Kirsten’s room. While she was getting it for me, she thought again about whether I did indeed enjoy being a girl — I hadn’t complained about wearing a nightgown at all -- and she thought of another way to test me.

“You can keep the bra and panties on under this. Whether you take the tights off or not is up to you.”
“Okay. Thanks.”

When I changed into the nightshirt, I left the tights on. My preoccupied mind was focused on making sure I didn’t lose Molly’s phone number and I failed to consider the ramifications of my choice. Since I couldn’t access my room, I just kept Molly’s phone number in my hand.

When I emerged from Dierdre’s bathroom holding the dress, shoes and phone number, lost in thought about Molly and still wearing the white tights, Alexis and Dierdre shot each other a look. They were one step closer to conclusively knowing that I was enjoying being a girl — and I was too preoccupied to realize it! Dierdre took the dress and shoes back to Kirsten’s room. When she left the room, I realized that I had to go to the bathroom, so I walked back into Dierdre’s bathroom to conduct my business. Dierdre returned while I was still occupied and Alexis hurried over to her excitedly.

“Dierdre, did you tell her to keep the tights on?”
“No, I told her it was up to her. I was testing her to see what she’d do!”

Both girls giggled.

“So now we know? It’s official?”
“It’s getting there. She may just be preoccupied about Molly and not really thinking what she’s doing. Lisa may well enjoy being dressed as a girl, though.”
“Should we ask her? Do you think she needs to talk about it?”
“She might need to, but let’s not drag it out of her. She’ll tell us when she’s ready.”
“Okay, I guess you’re right.”

When I came out of the bathroom, we went downstairs and put in a DVD. It was what one might call a “chick flick”, and I found myself interested in it, but I was distracted by my encounter with Molly. I wondered when she’d call or if maybe I should call. Then I realized that she seemed to believe that I was a girl, unless I did give myself away, so maybe the rules were different and she’d call first since she had asked. I caught bits and pieces of the movie that featured happy male-female couples holding hands or hugging or kissing but I began to feel like it might be too complicated to try to be with Molly. I really didn’t think she knew that I wasn’t a girl. If not, then that meant she was a lesbian and would no longer be interested in me other than as a friend if she found out I wasn’t a girl. Then I thought about having to go back to being a boy again. I really didn’t want to. All of these wonderful things had happened in a single night of being a girl that never ever happened to me as a boy. I had doors held open for me, soda cans opened for me, fun with the girls in which I had never been included before, newfound connection with my sister, and best of all, a girl’s phone number! The thought of going back to being a boy made me want to cry. My sunny mood began to cloud over. Then I began to feel somewhat depressed.

Two hours later, the movie concluded. Dierdre asked what we wanted to do next. I hesitated for a few seconds while they considered the question, but then I spoke my mind.

“Actually, if you all don’t mind, I’d kind of like to share something with you.”
“Okay, little sis, let’s talk. What’s on your mind?”
“Well, I don’t know if you could tell or not, because I didn’t want anyone to know until now, but I have really been enjoying being a girl. I love that dress that I was wearing and I love these tights. I wiggled my legs. I love my French braided hair and I love my makeup. I love this nightgown. I even love the perfume I’m wearing.”

The girls giggled at me.

“But what I love the most is feeling socially functional for the first time in my life. I’m finally starting to have a meaningful relationship with Dierdre and before today I could never go up and talk to the girls at school but now I seem to be fearless! I’m even getting phone numbers!”

I held up Molly’s phone number.

“It’s really sweet that you’re still holding Molly’s phone number, by the way. Anyway, yes, we thought you might have been enjoying it. There were some things we noticed, like when I was putting the dress on you and then the tights, I could have sworn you were excited but trying really hard to hide it.”

“I was excited to put on the dress and especially the tights. I was glad they were nylon — I wanted to feel girly.”

Alexis wanted to ask about the other things they’d noticed.

“Lisa, we were also wondering about some other things we saw, too. Dierdre noticed when you were spying on us that you picked a really obvious place to do it and she thought that it didn’t make any sense unless you wanted to be caught. Then, when we were chasing you downstairs, you went into the living room, which is a dead end, when you could have run around downstairs and back up to your room or out the door or something. I definitely thought you wanted to be caught. Did you want to be caught?”
“Yes, I did.”

We all chuckled at my little revelation.

“When I heard Dierdre threaten to dress me up as a girl and lock me out of my room, I knew instantly that I wanted her to do it. I didn’t mean to drive you crazy or anything, Dierdre, and I really don’t like spying on you, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to be dressed up like a girl all day right in front of all of you with the perfect excuse. I wanted to be stuck as a girl all day! I was excited to be stuck as a girl all day.”
“So you already liked dressing up as a girl?”
“Yes, I did.”
“Did you dress up like a girl before?”
“Never like this, but I did sneak into Kirsten’s room while home alone and put on her tights and a denim skirt that she left on her bed. Then I stood in front of her full length mirror and braided my hair and stuff. But that was as far as I’d ever gotten.”

While I spoke, I made all sorts of feminine gestures as though they were second nature and I never noticed it. The girls did, but they chose not to comment on it just now.

“Did you grow your hair long to be girly?”
“Yes. I grew it long because I wanted to look like a girl. The thing is, there’s a reason I enjoy dressing up as a girl so much. The reason that I enjoy it so much is that I think I am a girl, on the inside.”
“You look a bit upset, sis, are you okay?”
“No, I’m really not. I really don’t think Molly knew that I wasn’t a girl, which means that she’s a lesbian. When she finds out I’m not a girl, she won’t be interested anymore. But there’s something else upsetting me even more. Do you know what that is?”
“I have a guess, sis. What is it?”

I was starting to feel deeply emotional, nearly to the point of tears, and for the first time in my life I didn’t bother to quash my emotions like I used to. I let it all come right out and I began sobbing.

“I have to go back to being a boy soon and I really don’t want to. Not ever. I would do anything not to have to be a boy anymore. The whole bratty little brother routine is just an act because I’ve been afraid to tell anyone that I’m really a girl. But Mom isn’t going to let me be a girl. School is starting very soon, and….”

The idea of having to be a boy again was pushing me over the edge and I was beginning to choke up.

“Oh, sweetie, it will be okay. Hang on…”

Dierdre dashed across the room to get a box of tissues while Alexis, who was closest, gave me a hug and the other girls tried to console me with a hand on my shoulder or my arm. Dierdre was back quickly and she began to dry my tears for me. I loved being this way with my sister and hated to see it come to an end, but I knew that it couldn’t stay like this when I went back to being a boy. Now Dierdre hugged me, too. She began to gradually cheer me up.

“Hey, Lisa, whatever happens, I’m always here for you. If you have to go back to being a boy, I can always dress you up again and take you out as a girl. If Mom has a problem with that, then, well, she just doesn’t have to know about it. We could go to my friends’ houses and start telling people that cousin Lisa moved into town. We’re still going to be way better friends than we used to because I know that you’re really Lisa. I think we should talk to Mom and you should tell her everything you just told us. We’re talking like she won’t let you become a girl, but we don’t know that for sure. Maybe there’s a chance we could kill the bratty little brother and he’d be gone forever.”

We all laughed at that. I leaned my head on my sister’s shoulder, comforted and at least feeling hopeful thanks to her.

“Dierdre? If I do get to be Lisa from now on, I want to change my birthday. I want my birthday to be today. That other one’s a boy’s birthday. I don’t want to celebrate being a stupid ugly boy anymore.”
“I think that’s a great idea.”
“Dierdre, do you think we should tell Kirsten before or after Mom?”
“Gee, I don’t know.”
“I think we should tell Kirsten first. I’m sure she would be able to handle this okay. She only has a problem with stuff when there’s a good reason to have a problem with it and there’s nothing about Lisa to have a problem with. Sure, it will be weird for her to see her bratty little brother all dressed up like a pretty little girl, but she’ll like it like you did. Then when we tell Mom, I’ll have her support, too, and when Mom sees that we all get along so much better with Lisa in the house, then maybe she’ll let me be Lisa.”
“That might work. And you know, Kirsten’s getting home tomorrow around noon, but Mom won’t be home until dinner time, so we’ll have a few hours to get you two acquainted.”

Dierdre had a twinkle in her eye as an even better idea occurred to her.

“That sounds great. Oh, let’s please do this! Bur first, I have to use the bathroom. Hang on!”

As soon as I was out of earshot, Dierdre motioned to the other girls to lean close and she began whispering to the other girls.

“You know what? We have some cupcakes in the kitchen and I want to give Lisa a surprise birthday party tonight, but I want Kirsten to be here because this one’s really special, even if Lisa has to go away. The good news is that Kirsten is right over at Kimmy’s house tonight, which is literally right in the next block. So, we’ll give her a call and ask her to come home tonight and invite Kimmy to sleep here instead. We’ll party and give Kirsten and Lisa the extra time to become acquainted. Besides, this way we can show Kirsten how pretty Lisa looked in her dress tonight!”

The girls all loved the idea. They heard me coming out of the bathroom, so they sat up straight and waited for me to get back. Dierdre whispered to the other girls to follow her lead.

“Hey, Lisa, now that you’re back, we have another surprise for you and for this one we all need to put our dresses back on, okay?”
“Sure! I would love to put that pretty dress back on!”

The girls didn’t laugh this time and we all scampered back upstairs to Dierdre’s room. Dierdre got me the dress and shoes to put on again and so I went back into the bathroom and got dressed. As soon as I closed the bathroom door, Dierdre said quietly, “Time to put our plan in action!”

She hurried into Mom’s bedroom and called Kirsten. Dierdre didn’t want to tell her over the phone that her bratty little brother was really her wonderful little sister and so she explained that the bratty little brother was going through something life-changing and that bratty little brother would definitely want her to be there. Kirsten simply had to be there to see it and be part of it or she would regret it forever. Kirsten asked if I was okay because she had had a feeling for the last two or three hours that I was hurting and maybe dreading something. Dierdre assured her that I was okay and, in fact, if everything went as hoped, I’d be better than ever. She told Kirsten to invite Kimmy over, too, and they excitedly agreed to come right over. Kirsten’s mother was hesitant to let the girls sleep at our house with our mother away, but Kirsten rattled off the names of everyone present and assured her that nobody else was coming over. That put Kimmy’s mom much more at ease since she knew all of those girls. She agreed to let them sleep at our house on the condition that she would come over and check on everything and make sure our house was locked up properly at 10 o’clock. They readily agreed.

When I came out of the bathroom, looking pretty again, Dierdre put her jewelry back on me and then she ran into the bathroom to get changed. I walked over to Dierdre’s full length mirror and looked at myself again. A couple of minutes later, she came out of the bathroom dressed.

“Okay, little sister. I think it’s only fair to tell you in advance that Kirsten and Kimmy are coming home very soon and spending the night here instead.”

My eyebrows went up, but I knew Kimmy and she was okay.

“She’s coming home? What brought that about? Is she okay?”
“Yes, she’s fine; she just has to be here for your surprise. She has to be a part of it. You’ll see.”
“Okay. I trust you.” We heard a key being turned in the front door.
“That’s them. I’m going to have you wait right here and I’ll bring them up. The other girls will wait downstairs and give you a chance to talk to Kirsten and Kimmy since the others have already met you.”
“Okay, you can bring them up. I’m feeling ready.”

Kirsten and Kimmy brought their stuff up to Kirsten’s room, which Dierdre unlocked before returning the key to the door. I heard Kirsten ask, mildly irritated, why Dierdre had locked her door. Dierdre replied that everything would be explained very soon. Dierdre brought them to her room and when she opened the door, they found me sitting there smiling and dressed as a girl.

“Kirsten and Kimmy, this is Lisa.”
“Hi, Lisa, it’s nice to meet you. I love that dress — I have the same one.”
“It is your dress, Kirsten.”
“O-okay… so where’s our brother? What’s going on?”
“I’ll tell them, sis.”
“Why did you just call her sis?”

Her eyes went wide as her brain abruptly connected the dots. She realized that the pretty girl with the French braid wearing the dress and white tights was, in fact, her brother!

“Oh my gawd! What is going on here? Why are you dressed like a girl?”

Now Kimmy recognized me and they both began giggling furiously.

“Let me start from the beginning.”

I told them about how I started spying on Dierdre, how Dierdre threatened to dress me up as a girl and lock me out of my room and how I’d deliberately gotten caught because I wanted to be stuck as a girl. I told them about the restaurant, about getting along great with Dierdre and her friends, and about Molly. Then I told her why I really wanted to be dressed as a girl, that I didn’t ever want to be a boy again and that I felt I really was a girl. I told her that the idea of ever going back to being a boy just made me feel empty, depressed and hopeless. I confessed to her that I had worn her white tights and denim skirt before and braided my hair. Somehow I just always knew that I’m really a girl. I confessed that the bratty little brother stuff was fake and I was only doing that because I was scared to tell anyone that I was really a girl.

“I always figured it was kind of girly when you grew your hair that long. Now I know why!”
“Yes, that’s why. Now, we haven’t told Mom about Lisa yet because this just happened today while she was away. We’re going to tell her tomorrow and we wanted to tell you tonight because I was really hoping I could have your support in addition to Dierdre’s when I tell her.”
“Of course you can. I’m a little bit overwhelmed to see you sitting here dressed in my dress and my white tights with your hair in a French braid, no less, but this explains something in a really big way!”
“Really, what?”
“Well, we’re twins, right? Some twins have a special bond and we do. You know how sometimes one of us knows the other’s hurting?”
“Yes, of course.”
“I felt it tonight for like two or three hours before Dierdre called me to come over. That’s why I asked Dierdre if you were okay.”
“Really? That’s so awesome!”
“Yes, and there’s even more to it than that!”
“Tell me, tell me!”
“I have always had the feeling that you might really be a girl. Sometimes I would get the feeling that you were hurting inside, even when you weren’t around -- like tonight, for instance -- but during those times I always felt like I was in touch with a girl.”
“Oh my gawd!”
“Yes! It didn’t make sense until you grew your hair long. Then I thought that maybe I knew why, but I decided to let things unfold on their own. You can’t rush a budding flower, you know.”
“True, you really can’t. Wow this is cool!”
“It’s so cool! I think I’m going to like you a lot, Lisa!”
“Oh, thank you, Kirsten.” I got up and gave her a big hug, which she returned.
“I like you, too, Lisa. I hope we can be good friends.”
“I know we will, Kimmy!” I gave her a big hug, too.
“So how are you going to tell Molly you’re not a boy?”
“I’ll just tell her gently and truthfully and try to be as nice as I can — and do it in person, too, not over the phone. That’s all I really can do.”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
“Okay, Lisa, we have some preparation to do downstairs, so please wait here. We’ll come to get you shortly, okay?”
“Okay!”

On the way downstairs, Kirsten wanted to know what would happen next. Dierdre said that they ought to let me explain what they were about to see. They walked into the kitchen to see the other girls putting candles in cupcakes.

“Is this… like a birthday party?”

“It is like a birthday party. Lisa will explain.”
“Okay, cool!”

They were now ready for me. Dierdre told the girls to wait until she got upstairs and then light the candles and put the cupcakes on the family room table. Then she went upstairs and came into the room to get me.

“Ready for your surprise, Lisa?”
“Yes!”
“Okay, let’s go downstairs now.”

Dierdre put her hands over my eyes and led me carefully downstairs until I was standing at the family room table. Kirsten and Kimmy held my hands to make sure I didn’t fall down the stairs. Then she uncovered my eyes, and I saw the cupcakes sitting there with lit candles in them.

“Well, sis, I really hope this isn’t premature, but…”

They began singing Happy Birthday to me. I started to cry, but I didn’t want to ruin my makeup so I held it in, waving my hands at my face. When they were done I began to profusely thank everyone, giving each one of them a big hug. Kirsten and Kimmy still didn’t fully understand what was going on. They knew they were wishing me a happy birthday, and they had an idea why, but they weren’t sure.

“So, Lisa, I guess we’re celebrating… the new you tonight?”
“Yes. More specifically, I told Dierdre that I don’t want to celebrate my old birthday anymore because I don’t want to celebrate being a boy anymore. So, I told her that I want my birthday to be today, because today really is the day that Lisa was born.”
“Now I understand everything. Well, Happy Birthday, Lisa! I’m so glad that you called me to come over. I wouldn’t have missed this for anything! I wish Mom could have been here, too, but I guess that’s okay.”

Kirsten and I and Dierdre hugged each other again.

“Yes, well, I don’t know if Mom will let me be Lisa from now on, so there might be a little blessing that she isn’t here right now. It depends, I guess.”

I felt myself becoming somewhat somber again. Kirsten tried to cheer me up.

“Well, we don’t know that she won’t let you. I mean, now that I can see the real you, how could she not let you be Lisa? That would just be… well, crazy.”
“It totally would, sis, she’s right. That would be insane! You’re definitely a girl. Let’s have hope, okay?”
“Okay, let’s have hope.” I began to smile.

Dierdre turned on some music and we danced and laughed and ate cupcakes and drank soda. I had a truly wonderful birthday! I was beginning to think I had died and gone to heaven when the doorbell rang. We all stopped dancing.

“Oh, that’s my mom, girls! We agreed that she would drop by to make sure the house was secure for the night. It was part of the deal for letting me stay here overnight since your mom’s gone.”
“Oh, that’s right! Lisa, do you feel that you can fool one more person tonight?”
“Why not? I’ve fooled everyone else!”
“Okay, I’ll get the door.”

Kimmy and Kirsten tagged along. I waited in the family room with everyone else. I heard them chatting in the foyer and a few seconds later they were in the family room.

“Wow, what have you girls got going on over here? I hear music and I see cupcakes.”
“Just a little naughty snack for our girls’ night. By the way, this is my cousin Lisa, who’s staying with us for a little while.”
“It’s nice to meet you, Lisa. I’m glad to see you’re having fun. Where’s Kelly tonight?”
“He’s at a friend’s house. He’ll be back tomorrow.”

I did not like that thought one bit! Kirsten squeezed my shoulder to reassure me.

“Well, okay, I just came to make sure the doors and windows are locked and then I’ll be off. Do I smell candles?”
“Yes, we got a little silly and decided to pretend it was Kirsten’s birthday. Don’t worry; the candles are out for the night.”
“Oh, okay.”

Kimmy’s mom checked the table with the cupcakes to make sure the candles were out. She walked around the house and made sure the windows and doors were locked and then she came back to say goodnight.

“All right, girls, everything looks just fine, so, Kimmy, I’ll see you tomorrow, sweetheart. You know, why don’t you all come over for lunch tomorrow, if you don’t have other plans? You’re welcome to come.”

Dierdre looked over at me and I knew what she was thinking. I smiled at her, and chose my words so that I would appear to be excited at the prospect of a free lunch.

“That’s very nice of you to offer. I think that sounds like fun!”
“Yeah, I think we can all agree to that!”
“Good. I’ll see you all tomorrow. Goodnight everyone. Nice to meet you, Lisa.”
“Nice to meet you, too!”

Dierdre carefully peeped out the front window to make sure we could talk without Kimmy’s mom hearing us.

“Okay, coast is clear!”
“So sis, you’re sure you’re okay with that?”
“Yes, I know I am.”
“I know. Now my asking is just becoming a formality.”

We laughed. We began dancing again until we ran out of energy. Then I decided to show Kirsten and Kimmy how I could walk and talk and sit like a girl. They both thought I was so natural it was almost scary. Then the girls thought it would be fun to teach me how to put on my own makeup. We all went upstairs to Dierdre’s room and Dierdre showed me how to remove all of my makeup. Then she and Kirsten coached me through applying it again. We took it slowly and carefully and I did it successfully! I looked very pretty again!

“Wow, a girl really does feel naked without makeup on!”

We all laughed together. Kirsten decided that she wanted to teach me to do my own nail polish, so she removed the polish from just two of my nails and she and Dierdre coached me through that as well. I managed to do it right! The girls applauded me!

“This is great and I’m learning a lot! Would you teach me how to do my hair a few ways now? I hate to take out my pretty French braid, but I have a lot to learn!”
“Yes, you do, so let’s teach you about hair now!”

I undid the bow at the bottom of the braid and removed the rubber band. Then I shook out my hair. They decided to dampen my hair so they could start out teaching me how to blow dry it. So, they temporarily had me take off the dress and then they used a wet washcloth to gradually dampen my hair. Then they coached me through blow drying it, using the brush to hold it straight out if I wanted it straight. So I blew my hair straight. Then I stepped back into the dress. They showed me how to do all kinds of fun things with my hair. They showed me everything from simply holding it off my face on both sides with barrettes to pulling back the front half and putting it in a barrette behind my head to a French bun to a so-called “door knob” to putting it up with a hair claw. For the time being, I settled with pulling the front half back and putting it in a barrette behind my head.

Kirsten decided to show me how to pick out a girl’s outfit.

“Now there’s a skill I’ll need to know!”

They all laughed. We went to Kirsten’s room and she showed me how to choose outfits, including which color tights and shoes go with an outfit and everything. Then she had me pick out a few and change into them in her bathroom. We decided it would be my own little beauty pageant. I emerged the first time in a pink denim skirt, white floral turtleneck, white tights and black canvas Mary Janes. I walked out of the bathroom runway style, twirled to much applause and went back into the bathroom to put on my next outfit. This time, I reluctantly took off my tights for the first time that night and a put on a turquoise and white striped tank top, a pair of turquoise Capri pants and white sneakers with ankle socks. Before I left the bathroom again, I looked at myself in the mirror and stopped. I removed the barrette from the back of my head and found two barrettes in there I could use to hold my hair back on either side. Satisfied with my next hair style, I exited the bathroom and paraded around the room again to more applause.

“Lisa, you did your own hair! Bravo! You look pretty!”
“Thank you very much!” I was so excited.

I went back into the bathroom and this time I put my tights back on, followed by a beautiful white lace dress. I put on white patent leather Mary Janes and this time I put my hair into a very cute French bun behind my head. I found some lip gloss and some sparkly barrettes in there, so I used a little lip gloss and clipped the barrettes into my hair on either side of my head. I walked out into the room again and this time they were dazzled.

“Lisa, you look beautiful!”
“Yes, you’re getting really good at fixing your hair!”
“Thank you everybody! This is so much fun!”

I curtsied and headed back to the bathroom to the sound of their giggling. I took off the pretty white dress and was about to put the pink floral one back on when I noticed that Kirsten had left a swimsuit hanging up in the bathroom. With a wry smile on my face, I stripped and put it on, transferring my toilet paper boobs from my bra to my swimsuit. I let my hair down now without further accessory, arranging it so that it all hung down on one side. I walked out of the bathroom with my arms up to either side.

“No pageant would be complete without the swimsuit competition!”

I struck a sexy pose. The girls all burst out laughing.

“Wow, I forgot I left that in there!”
“Damn, Lisa, you even look like a girl in Kirsten’s swimsuit. We’ll have to go swimming sometime.”

We cracked up again. I went back into the bathroom to put the flowered dress and white tights back on, and I decided I liked the French bun, so I redid it. When I exited the bathroom again, I couldn’t help but share another observation with the girls.

“Wow, I hope real boobs are more comfortable than toilet paper boobs.” The girls giggled at me. Alexis saw her chance for a one-liner and took it.

“They are, unless you sleep face down.”

The girls guffawed. I brought Kirsten’s clothes back into the room and helped her hang them up and put them away. Dierdre noticed that it was getting late.

“Wow, it’s almost midnight, sisters! We should get some sleep because we’ll need our rest tomorrow.”
“Yes, we should.”

We changed back into our nightgowns, and I still left my hair in a French bun. I asked Kirsten if it would work to sleep with it that way and she said it would, so I kept it. I practiced removing all of my makeup.

We decided to sleep downstairs in the family room in our sleeping bags so that we could spend the last few minutes of Lisa’s birthday together. Before we dropped off to sleep I thanked the girls again for this truly special day and special night. I told them that I would remember it the rest of my life no matter what else happened and that I felt that we had really bonded as girls. They told me that they also felt that we had bonded. And so we slept. It took me a little while to fall asleep. I was so happy to be a girl and I didn’t want this day to end in case Lisa had to leave. But I finally dropped off.

* * * * *

When we woke up the next morning, we made waffles for breakfast and sat down at the table to eat still in our nightgowns. Dierdre and I and Kirsten were too nervous to say much, since we knew that today was ‘Judgment Day’ for Lisa. The other girls were chatting about the night before, and Kimmy whispered to the others that she had never seen a boy dressed as a girl before but she thought I looked really cute and she would love to see her own brother dressed up as a girl someday. The girls giggled at that possibility. Kirsten and Kimmy began to chat excitedly about it, discussing how they could get Kimmy’s brother to do it.

After we finished breakfast, and cleaned up after ourselves, we went upstairs to get dressed. On the way up the stairs we began to discuss getting me dressed.

“Hey, Lisa, would you like to pick an outfit to wear today? Well at least you can wear it until Mom gets home?”
“I’d love to, thanks Kirsten!”
“Come on.”

She hooked her arm in mine and brought me to her room with Dierdre. She opened up her closet for me and left the door wide open.

“You can wear anything that you’d like to today.”
“Thanks, Kirsten! You’re very generous!”
“I guess I’d better pick something nice in case it’s the last time.” I sighed again.
“Yeah, I guess.”

I picked out white satin panties, a white satin bra, denim skirt that would fall to a couple of inches above my knees, narrow black leather girl’s belt, charcoal button front blouse with a feminine collar, girly soft sweater colored in shades of white, gray and black, and black leather Mary Janes.

“Do you have any black tights?”
“I sure do. Here they are. Actually I have cotton and I have nylon.”
“Nylon, please.”
“Okay, here ya go.”
“I guess you can probably tell that I love tights!” Kirsten and Kimmy giggled to hear me say that.
“Yes, we can definitely tell.”
“Okay, I’d like to wear this today.”
“That’s a very nice outfit!”
“Thanks. I’m shooting for a dark and somber yet innocent look. I guess I’m being a tad bit negative, but I like the sweater and, well… I guess I don’t know if Mom will see me dressed as a girl tonight, but if she does see me in this outfit, I thought it might help convince her if I tell her that I chose somber colors because I feel like I’ll die if I can’t be Lisa.”

I giggled, trying to be chipper. Kirsten and Dierdre giggled with me.

“Oh, wait, I should choose some jewelry, would that be okay?”
“Anything for you today, Lisa!”
“Thanks, sis! You’re so nice.”

I happily picked out a gold necklace with a gold heart pendant similar to Dierdre’s, a gold Claddagh ring, and the small clip earrings I’d worn the previous night.

“Those are nice choices, Lisa!”
“Thanks! Okay, I’d better get dressed.”
"Hey, Lisa, I’m going to unlock all the doors now and put everything back. You can use Mom’s bathroom to change since she has a hair curler and stuff you might need to use. You can just wait in her room until we’re done, okay?”
“Okay. Thanks, Dierdre!”

I walked over to Mom’s room and into her bathroom with my clothes for the day and after I showered, I blew my hair dry like I had been taught. Then I put on the bra and panties, stuffing the bra with tissues until it looked like it had previously. I stopped and looked around to see if Mom had any pretty nail polish and she did. She had some pearly white stuff but I didn’t think that would look good with black tights, so I continued looking until I found some pink stuff. That would make for a natural look, I figured. I painted my nails with the nail polish and waited for them to dry. When they were done, I picked up the tights and slipped them onto my legs. They felt so nice! I really did love tights. I put on the blouse, slipped on the skirt, added the belt, slipped on the sweater and put on the Mary Janes. I decided that my hair should be very feminine today. It might help Mom believe that I wanted to be a girl. I decided to cut a short tress on either side of my face like I’d seen a lot of girls doing. I found some scissors and carefully did the job, angling the cut of the tresses downward towards the front. Then I pulled back the front half except for the tresses and made a doorknob. I tucked the tresses behind my ears to make sure they would be hidden in a simple pony tail — just in case Lisa had to go -- and they looked just fine. So I pulled the tresses back out and ran them through Mom’s hair curler. When I was done I had curly tresses. I looked really cute! I smiled happily as I replaced the curler and began rummaging for makeup. I found some foundation, which I applied lightly. I found mascara and eyeliner. I found eye shadow and added a touch of pink to match my nail polish. I found lip liner and pink lipstick which went with my nail polish. I found blush and applied just a touch. I thought I looked really pretty. I hoped the girls would think so, too. I put on the necklace, ring and earrings to finish myself off.

I picked up my nightgown and the bra and panties I’d slept in and placed them on Mom’s bed while I waited for the other girls to finish. I opened Mom’s closet to look around while I waited and I saw some gorgeous suede pumps. I took off my Mary Janes and slipped my feet into the pumps. They fit well enough for my purposes. I walked over to Mom’s full length mirror to watch myself walk in high heels. They looked funny with the denim skirt and sweater though. Even I knew they would look a whole lot better with a nice cocktail dress. I hoped that I might be wearing one someday.

While I was standing in front of the mirror in pumps, Kirsten and Dierdre came into the room.

“Damn, look at you, sis!”
“Eh, I should be wearing a cocktail dress with these pumps.”

We giggled as I returned the shoes and put the Mary Janes on again.

“Let’s have a good look at you--” Dierdre gasped. “Wait, you have new tresses in your hair? Since when?”
“Since just now. I did a little snip-snip in the bathroom. Too bad I couldn’t snip-snip something else instead.” They guffawed at my joke-that-wasn’t-really-a-joke. I took it one step further. “I mean, really, what good is that thing anyway?”

They laughed even harder.

“Anyway, I love your new tresses! They’re adorable.”
“Thank you, girls!”

Dierdre was genuinely impressed.

“You look great. Great makeup, great outfit, you really love tights, great hair, you look great!”
“Thanks, Dierdre.”
“Let’s show the other girls.”
“Okay!”

We walked out of Mom’s room and I picked up my laundry on the bed on the way out. Kirsten took it from me and went to her bathroom to put it in the hamper. Meanwhile, Dierdre brought me into her room where everyone else was now dressed and pretty.

“Wow, look at Lisa!”
“When did you get tresses?”
“I cut them fresh just this morning. It’s okay. If Lisa has to go, they’ll hide nicely behind my ears.”
“Well, they look really cute!”
“Thanks!”

They spent the next five minutes going over my appearance and checking everything out. I got everything right! I was so happy! Dierdre, ever the hostess, again took a census on what to do to have some fun. Alexis had a neat idea.

“Dierdre, how much of that money from your mom do you have left?”
“Forty dollars. Why?”
“We could walk up to the supermarket and buy Lisa her first makeup. That way at least she could always be partly in touch with Lisa if she has to go away.”
“Can we, Dierdre? I would love to go out in public again!”
“I think that’s a nice idea. We’ll just tell Mom that the restaurant was more expensive than I remembered it. Technically, it was, anyway. Let’s go!”

I was so excited! Dierdre grabbed the rest of the money, we left the house and she locked the front door behind us. I felt so good walking down the street dressed as a girl. The clothes felt wonderful. My hair felt wonderful. The tights felt wonderful. I told myself, nonetheless, that I’d better pay attention to my walk to make sure I was doing it right. It was a pleasant sunny day, warm enough, but not too warm for tights.

“I’m telling you, Dierdre, when I’m a girl it’s like… it’s like I’m home.”

Dierdre smiled at me and gave me a hug.

Ten minutes later, we walked into the supermarket. I felt a rush of nervous excitement as I had at the restaurant. At the supermarket I felt we were more likely to run into someone we know than we had been at the restaurant but I had been completely successful presenting myself as a girl so far and I was feeling confident I could keep it up.

We found the cosmetics aisle and made our way towards the goods. The girls began looking though the mascara and eye liner. I was looking for the lipstick I’d borrowed from my mother that morning. I thought the color looked perfect on me. It was Revlon Color Stay stuff and the color was called Luscious Pink. I found it and as I was holding up the tube and smiling, the girls came over with their finds.

“Okay, sis. We’ve got eye liner and mascara… and I see you have lipstick. Nice, is that the shade you have on?”
“Yes, I love this color. Don’t you think it’s just perfect on me?”
“You’re right it is perfect! Nice find! Oh, and here’s a perfect lip liner pencil for it!”
“Thanks, sis!” I smiled a big smile.
“You’re welcome. Okay, next, why don’t we look for blush and you can look at nail polish?”
“Okay. Sounds good!”

I gave them a big smile as we continued our browse through the cosmetic aisle. I was glad to be the one looking at the nail polish because Mom’s matched my eye shadow and lipstick and I remembered the name of the color. It was also Revlon and was called Luscious Pink, like the lipstick. I located the bottle I was looking for.

“Okay, we’re almost done!”

We found a light powder foundation and the pink eye shadow like Mom’s and the necessary removers. We now had a complete basic makeup set for Lisa! Kirsten had another good idea. We walked over to the hosiery isle and Kirsten helped me pick out a couple of pairs of tights. We picked a pair of white ones, black ones, and navy ones. They were see-through nylon tights like the ones I was wearing. We began towards the check stands, but I didn’t feel like leaving yet. I was enjoying being a girl in public.

“Does anyone want to look at magazines for a while?”
“Okay, sis. It’s still kind of your day, so let’s have a look!”

I smiled again.

“Thanks, Dierdre!”

We browsed for magazines for a few minutes, giggling at some of the bad clothing choices of famous people in US Magazine. When I noticed one particularly hideous dress I remarked that it was the first time I had ever seen someone wearing a throw rug. The girls all cracked up at me. In another photo, I noticed the girl’s lipstick was mismatched with her natural coloring and looked terrible. The girls giggled, agreeing with me fully. Finally, we paid for my new makeup and headed for the door.
As we got a few feet past the check stands, we all stopped and my mouth hung open. We saw Molly and her parents! I surprised myself yet again by walking towards her.

“Hi, Molly!”
“Hi, Lisa!”
“It’s nice to see you again.”
“You too!”
“I was going to call you this afternoon. I-I still have your number.” I pulled it out of my skirt pocket and showed it to her.
“That’s nice. I was going to call you, too.”

Kirsten and Kimmy walked up beside me.

“Molly, this is my sister Kirsten and our friend Kimmy.”
“It’s nice to meet you two. So, Kirsten are you staying in town at your cousin’s house with your sister?”

Kirsten saw the problem at once. Lisa had now referred to one of her sisters as her cousin and the other as her sister. She glanced at me and began to stammer.

“Oh, w-well you see...”

Kimmy saved us both.

“Molly, we’re all going to have lunch at my house just a few blocks down from here. Would you like to come?”

She glanced at me. I looked back at Molly and put a hand on her arm.

“Yes, please come. I want to be honest with you about something. You might already have an idea what I mean. I’ve just slipped up in front of you for the second time. Dierdre and Kirsten are both my sisters and we’re not from out of town. Our house is three blocks from here.”

I began giggling — and so did Molly!

“Anyway, if you come, that will give us a chance to have a nice talk — not to mention a more private place.”

Molly seemed even more eager to get to know me now than she had at the restaurant.

“That sounds very nice! Thanks for inviting me, Kimmy! Let me check with my parents!”
“Okay!”

Before I had finished speaking the word, she was hurrying over to her parents and excitedly talking with them. She rushed back over.

“Good news. I would be delighted to come. What’s the address?”

Kimmy gave all the details.

“It’s 1428 Elm Street. It’s two blocks down from here. It’s the yellow shingled house with white picket fence around it and a long driveway up the right hand side. Nice big yard in back. Come by around noon.”
“Okay, great! I look forward to this! Just so you know, Lisa, whatever it is, you’ll find me very understanding.”
“Thanks, Molly, I look forward to this too!”

Molly went back to her parents and Kirsten and Kimmy and I went back to our group and told them the news.

“This is great, sis! We’ll have so much fun!”
“Yes, as long as she takes my other news okay.”

Dierdre was unphased.

“You know, Lisa, it seems to me that every time you slip up Molly just gets more excited to know you. Maybe you’re just her type after all! She said something about being very understanding.”

“Maybe you’re right. Okay, let’s go!”

We walked home happily in the sun and I let the whole world see that I was a girl.

* * * * *

When we got home, I was reluctant to go back inside. I loved being a girl in front of the whole world.

“Well, I don’t know what you girls are going to do, but I think I’m going to do a little touch up with my new makeup. I want to make sure I look my prettiest for Molly.”
“Okay, Lisa! That sounds like a good idea.”

I went up to Mom’s bathroom to use my new makeup. I could now access my own room and bathroom, but… I wasn’t ready to go back in there yet. I touched up my lipstick and added a touch more eyeliner and mascara. I smiled at myself in the mirror, truly happy to be a girl, even if only for a little while. I knew that I was looking at my true self in the mirror.

Satisfied with my makeup, I put my makeup back in the grocery bag and left it on Mom’s bed. Then I walked over to Dierdre’s room.

“Knock knock!”
“Hi, Lisa. You’re looking refreshed and pretty.”
“Thank you!”
“Now that you’re a girl, you’re welcome to hang out with us in my room anytime.”
“Thanks, Dierdre! You know, I always used to feel left out.”
“Because you had to hang out by yourself?”
“Sort of, but mainly because I knew I was a girl and I couldn’t be with the other girls.”
“Awwww!” Dierdre gave me a big hug. “Well, if all goes well, those days are over.”
“Yes, let’s hope so!”
“Okay, we’re about ready to head over to Kimmy’s house.”
“Okay, let’s go!”

We walked downstairs and outside. Dierdre locked the front door behind us and we walked down the street. I smiled as we walked down the street, being the girl I really was out in the open. We laughed and giggled about various things and a few minutes later we arrived at Kimmy’s house.
We opened the gate and walked up to the front door. Kimmy opened her door and let us in and led us into her living room. When we got there, I just stopped and stared. My mother was there, as were Molly and her mother.

“Oh! Mom, you’re back. Hi, everyone!”

The other girls remained silent to give me and my mom a chance to say hello. My mother stood up, smiling, with a tear sliding down her check and her arms held out towards me.

“Hi, baby.” We gave each other a big hug. “Oh, sweetheart, you look so beautiful!”
“You’re not wigged out?”
“No, honey. I’ve always pretty much known this would happen at some point or other. I have something to tell you —- and what I have to tell you has everything to do with the reason Molly’s mother is here. Everyone, please, sit down and be comfortable.”
“Okay, mom. Please tell me everything.”

I sat on the couch next to my mom and we all settled in to listen. I’d always figured I was a girl and Kirsten knew as well. Maybe she’d confided in Mom a long time ago? That would be fine with me.

“When you and Molly were born, you both had the same obstetrician. Kimmy’s father was the obstetrician.”

That was the first that any of us girls had ever heard this.

“Wow! How weird! I mean weird as in wonderful, of course!”

My mom smiled as she continued.

“It is wonderful. Kimmy’s father was experimentally studying blood tests from newborns as part of a separate project, but in the process he found that a few newborn boys had abnormally low levels of testosterone. It meant that those baby boys might eventually discover that they are actually girls born with the wrong body.”
“That sounds just like me!”
“It is just like you. You were one of those baby boys. Kimmy’s dad decided that these baby boys who might really be baby girls might want to know each other someday to support each other through the process of going through all of this so he kept a list of them. He decided to found a support group and he only gives out the contact information to one of the families on the list and nobody else. That way your secret is safe.”
“What a great idea!”
“It is a wonderful idea and I am certainly glad he did that. When you were very young and refused to get your hair cut, I started to wonder if maybe the friendly doctor was absolutely right about you. So, I called him to help me contact another family I could talk to and whom I could help in return. He gave me the phone number for another family who had a little girl with a little boy’s body and I called them right up. They were the kindest people I’ve ever met. That little boy has also just begun to live as a girl. Her name is Molly.”

My jaw fell open as I looked over at Molly.

“Wow! You’re like me? This is cool!”

I ran over and gave her a big hug which she returned with enthusiasm that rivaled my own.

“Molly, can I ask you a question?”
“Of course! Anything!”
“At the restaurant when we met, did you know who I was? Did you know that I was a girl with a boy’s body?”
“Actually, no. At first, I was looking at you because I thought you were cute.”

We all erupted in laughter.

“That’s why I was looking back at you! Isn’t that hysterical!”

We gave each other another big hug.

“I told you she was a lesbian!”
“Alexis! Shut up!”

Dierdre gave her a playful whack on her leg, but Alexis’ one liner had already done its thing and we were all laughing again.

“So Molly, did you always know that you were a girl?”
“Well, all I knew was that I loved wearing girls clothes. I didn’t really know why. I always did have long hair, though.”
“That sounds just like me. I always loved sneaking into Kirsten’s room and putting on her tights and skirts and dresses and I’d stand in front of her mirror and braid my hair and stuff.”
“I was always putting on my older sister’s swimsuit but I was also getting into tights and doing my hair.”
“Wow this is so cool!”

I began to get misty eyed and I turned around to look at my mother.

“Mom, does this mean that I can be Lisa forever? I don’t ever want to have to be Kelly again! Not ever!”
“I’ve been talking with Molly’s parents. We all feel that you two really are little girls and we’ve decided to help you become fully female. You will never have to go back to being boys again!”

Molly and I screamed with delight and we both began crying with joy. We hugged each other. So did Dierdre and Kirsten. I ran over and gave them a big hug too. Then I gave my mom a big hug while Molly did the same.

“Thank you, mom! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
“I couldn’t possibly refuse, honey. That would be nuts —- and probably even cruel.”
“I wish you had been at our house last night, mom. You too, Molly. I’ve decided that I want yesterday to be my birthday now because that’s the day Lisa was truly born. Dierdre and Kirsten threw me a surprise party with Dierdre’s friends and Kimmy.”
“Did you really? How sweet!” My mom hugged her daughters. “Well, happy birthday, sweetie!”
“Thanks, mom! Hey, you know what? You were away on business. How did you get here?”
“Oh, that’s easy. When Kimmy’s mother came to check on you last night, she knew who you were immediately. You know how well she knows our family, right? She knows that there is no cousin Lisa. If not for that, she wouldn’t have known. Anyway, she knew that her husband had been your obstetrician and she decided to check the list of special baby girls to see if you might be on it. Sure enough, there you were. So, she called me on my cell and told me I should come.”
“Mom?”
“Yes, sweetie?”
“What do we do about my… disgusting… you know?”

We all laughed.

“Well, you’ll both need to talk to a psychiatrist–“
“A shrink?”
“Yes, honey. It’s not because there’s anything wrong with you — we all know there isn’t. It’s necessary to see a psychiatrist because you have to have the go ahead from a psychiatrist to have the surgery that will make you a girl - when you turn eighteen.”
“Not until then?? Okay. I guess that works. Oh, hey, how about school?”
“Piece of cake! When we enrolled you in grade school we had a talk with the principal and told her all about what the doctor discovered when you were born. They began keeping parallel records, one for Kelly and one which is now Lisa’s. Whenever anything went into Kelly’s records they copied it into yours. They said that if you should find out you’re a girl, just let them know and they’ll simply get rid of Kelly’s records when we legally change your name, which we will do.”
“Oh, mom, I’m so happy.” I gave my mom another big hug. I would soon be a girl forever! I would be Lisa for good! Molly’s mother told her she had the same arrangement at her school. We were both just thrilled.
“Well, everyone, let’s have a nice lunch and celebration.”

Kimmy’s mom fired up the barbecue in their backyard and cooked us up some barbecued chicken and my mom made a salad. The girls and I got changed into swimsuits so that we could hop in the pool. Kirsten brought the swimsuit I had modeled for them during my mock pageant and handed it to me to put on. I slipped it on in the bathroom. It felt divine — I couldn’t wait to actually swim in it! When I walked back into the room Molly was there in her own swimsuit. She had on a cute flowered one-piece swimsuit. She looked adorable. We both thought the other looked cute in a swimsuit.

We went downstairs and outside into the backyard. We put down our towels on the lounge chairs and jumped in the pool. Molly and I had a blast swimming around in girls’ swimsuits. We moved to the hot tub for a while to warm back up again after we got cold in the pool. We had so much fun.

We got out of the hot tub to have desert. We had lemon, raspberry and mango sherbet and a small cookie. When we finished desert, the moms had another surprise for us.

“Lisa and Molly, we have something for you to honor this special occasion.”
“Awwww!”

Molly and I were handed a small light blue box with a ribbon on it.

“Go on, girls. Open them!”

We opened them and saw that we both had received a beautiful gold necklace with a gold pendant.

“Oh, mom, it’s beautiful! Thank you! Will you put it on me?”
“Of course.”

I held my hair to one side while my mother put my beautiful new necklace on me. I gave her a big hug. I didn’t have to look over at Molly to know she and her mother were engaged in similar interaction.

“Mom? Who is the lady on the pendant?”
“That’s Venus. She is the symbol of femininity.”
“Really? That’s so neat! Thank you, mom!”
“You’re welcome, my little angel.”

I couldn’t keep my eyes — or my hands — off of my beautiful necklace all day long.

[ Other Stories By Mona Lisa ]

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very Cute Story

It takes a special family to accept the special girl,
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

A bit young for hormones...

laika's picture

WARNING: POSSIBLE PLOT SPOILERS

A little young for hormones maybe, and Mom doling them out
right there at the party put this story squarely in the realm of fantasy...
But nevertheless, what a sweet fantasy! Everything falling right into place like that, the tidal wave of acceptance from Sister and her friends, and Lisa finding herself a girlfriend (who happens to also be a t-girl)
all on the same day....... I enjoyed it, the sheer over-the-top optimism and good fortune of it all.
Some of the kids' dialogue seemed a little too adult, but only in a few spots.
~~hugs, LAIKA

All good points

Thanks for sharing your perceptions with us, LAIKA. :) You are right about those things. I began writing stories as a way of accumulating what I call "surrogate memories" about things I missed out on growing up. After I had written a bunch, I realized there was a pattern in terms of which stories were bringing out my emotions strongly (the transgender ones far more so than the crossdressing-only ones). After that, I began to write the stories with the purpose of testing my reactions in mind. So, I worried less about the details and realism and more about my reactions to it and that's what you're seeing here.
Hugs,MonaLisa

Very loving story. It is too

Very loving story. It is too bad that OB doctors don't keep such records on all boy and even girl births to see how they do as they grow. It could probably cancel out all lot of heartaches and problems later in their lives, plus their parents would actually know that it is not their faults how their child(ren) are. Hugs, J-Lynn

What a nice story.Thank you

What a nice story.Thank you for sharing it with us. Will be looking for other storiess.

Kelly and Lisa, add chapters

I really liked this story. I went along very nicely in allowing the true discovery of Lisa.
Now I don't want to distract from the story or at least you shouldn't. I feel that you should continue this story where you left off. The mother and sisters were happy, as well as Lisa and
Molly. Both of these boys really loving to become girls, however at this point it just dropped off of a cliff. Another year into their lives as friends, their relationships with their sisters and parents and one other point you mentioned in this story. The other boys the doctor had discovery that had this same trait. I feel that Lisa and Molly should be allowed over the next year to meet these other boys. I mean some may have transitioned or had become crossdressers with understanding girlfriends, while others others were still in conflict with
their inner selves. Maybe at the end of the next year you could have all of characters meet at some grand party or celebration. The current ending just doesn't do your story enough justice.
So please give what I have said here to allow your creative spirit to go forward with this.
I would like to be advised if you read this so please notify me at my e-mail [email protected].

Everybody knows that in those circumstances...

...an open door is an invitation for a prepubecent kid (boy)unless otherwise expressly forbidden (of course I am being a little fecetious). In real life they are not going to fool that lady. That is if she has ever met him before.

Please

Oh please oh pleeeeease don't throw me in that brier patch!

"yellow shingled house with white picket fence"

Is there a dog named Spot?

Very cute story!