Orphan ~ 19

Printer-friendly version

Angel


Just then I looked up and that nasty, stuck up, snooty girl I was thinking about was standing there, in the flesh and staring down at me.

 

Orphan 19

by Susan Brown

<

 

Just then I looked up and that nasty, stuck up, snooty girl I was thinking about was standing there, in the flesh and staring down at me. She was sort of smiling in a predatory way, like a tiger about to have a little snack. She licked her lips and then spoke.

‘Hello, I’m Tasmin, would you like a game?’

******************************************************************************************************************

‘I’m sorry, were you speaking to me?’

‘Yes, as I say, I’m Tasmin and I wanted to know if you want a game with a real player.’

She was looking at Sheila, who looked uncomfortable. Sheila was nice to me and I liked her a lot.

‘Thank you Tamsin, I don’t think so.’

‘The name is Tasmin; look, you are new here and it’s obvious that you need to play someone a bit better than erm, this lady. I could help you. I know lots of people here, in fact, though I say so myself, I’m the best under 13 in the club.’

Looking at her arrogant, stuck up face, I felt a cold anger build up inside.

‘Thank you for the offer Tamsin, but I prefer to play with people who I like, and I don’t like you. I’ve only just started playing and you probably thought you could wipe the floor with me and make me look small in front of your friends; sorry, not interested.’

‘The name is TASMIN!’ she said stomping off with a look on her face that would curdle milk.

‘Well, that was interesting.’ said Sheila.

‘Why?’

‘Tamsin, I mean Tasmin is the daughter of the club chairman, she normally gets her way and is a spoilt brat. She has a group of girls that hang on her every word and who think that they are a cut above everyone else; she could make your life difficult.’

‘More difficult than now? Here I am, a boy that wears girls clothes and weird enough to like it, living in a girls home because my Mum and Dad died; having to pretend all the time that I’m normal, when I’m not and you think that little creep worries me? No way!’

‘That’s the spirit; anyway, after a few lessons, you will wipe the floor with her.’

‘Exactly,’ I said with a grin.

~*~


Soon we had changed and left the changing room. Sheila managed to get a shower, but I didn’t want to use the showers for obvious reasons and I smelt a bit pongy; nothing a good spray of B.O stuff wouldn’t hide, hopefully.

As we walked out, I noticed Tasmin, standing over by one of the courts with several girls; she was laughing and pointing at me.

One thing I haven’t mentioned yet, because I’m a bit ashamed, is that I have a bit of a temper. It doesn’t often happen, but sometimes I see red.

I stomped over to the group and they fell silent as I arrived.

‘Yes?’ said one of the girls.

‘Were you laughing at me?’

Tasmin spoke up.

‘What if we were?’

‘It’s not polite to laugh at people.’

‘Well, I was explaining to the girls that you didn’t take up my kind offer to help you with your tennis and we were just remarking on the fact that you are a stuck up bitch.’

‘Oh, stuck up bitch, am I; you can talk; your nose is so far up in the air, I can see up your nostrils.’

‘How dare you. I’ll tell my father to ban you!’

‘You would too; why don’t you stand up for yourself, rather than run to Daddy!’

The other girls tittered at that and Tasmin didn’t like it.

‘OK, I won’t tell my father, but are you too frightened to have a bet?’

‘What bet?’

I bet you that I could beat you at tennis and you won’t get more than one game out of a set.’

‘You’re on, but not today; I have to get home; how about Saturday morning?’

‘OK, but prepared to lose…loser!’

‘The only one to lose will be you, Tamsin; what will the winner get?’

She thought a bit and then a slow smile went across her face.

‘If you lose, you don’t come back here again and in the unlikely event that I lose, what do you want?’

‘Your tennis racquet.’

She went pale at that. I could see that her racquet was something special to her, apart from the fact that it looked quite expensive.

‘Go on Tas, you will beat her…easy.’ said one of the girls joggling her arm.

‘Alright,’ she said reluctantly, ‘I agree, but remember, you go when I win.’

‘If, Tamsin, if.’

‘My name is Tasmin!’

‘Of course it is; bye!’

‘Just be here at 8.00am,’

‘I’ll be here, don't forget your racquet.’

I walked away, leaving the girls mumbling and whispering to themselves. I walked up to the patient Sheila.

‘Everything OK, dear?’

‘Not really, I’ve challenged Tasmin to a game of tennis,’

‘Why?’

‘Because she was nasty to you and me.’

’You don’t know enough to play her yet!’

‘I know; is there anywhere I can practice away from here. I only have til Saturday.’

‘I suppose you want me to help?’

‘Did I ever tell you how lovely you look and your dress…’

‘Stop crawling; OK, I’ll help. You need to have a crash course on the rules, court positioning and stuff like that. We can use the hard courts in the park…we’ll go after school tomorrow.’

~*~


We arrived back at the Home, the other kids were at school still, so I went up to the dorm and grabbed my towel and stuff and went and had a bath.

As I lay there looking at my body, I was thinking about what the girls would think if they burst into the bathroom now; my erm willie was evident, small but evident. I sighed at that and admitted to myself that life would be much easier if I didn’t have a willie. I had visions of Tasmin coming at me with some garden shears and trying to cut it off, making me shiver at the thought and cross my legs.

Then my thoughts turned to my bet with Tasmin; I hoped that I wouldn’t make a fool of myself; let’s hope that Sheila can help me to beat the little bitch!

Finally, the water started to cool and I was getting a bit prunified, so I got out of the bath and dried myself off quickly.

I put on a clean pair of panties, my cheesecloth blouse and denim skirt and then my sling back sandals. Going over to the mirror, I wiped the moisture off and put the brush through my hair. Luckily, it was easy to deal with after my salon visit and in no time I was back to looking my girl like self again.

Looking at my reflection, I marveled at how much of a girl I looked and then I wondered how I would be as a man? Naaa, couldn’t tell. I giggled as I imagined myself covered in muscles and hair and with a deep voice. Somehow this upset me then, more than I thought it would. After all, up until recently, that was going to happen anyway.

I heard some noises outside similar to a herd of wildebeests stampeding and realized that the girls were back from school. I picked up my stuff and walked back into the dorm, which was now full of laughing and shouting kids. Tracy caught sight of me and came over.

‘Well Steph, how did you get on with the old bat?’

‘Bat?’

‘You know the head honcho.’

‘You mean the Head Mistress?’

‘Yup, that’s the one.’

‘She’s nice,’

‘You have to be kidding me. She is the worst. I know I have to see her enough.’

‘Have you ever spoken to her when you haven’t been in trouble?’

‘Well…no, but that’s beside the point.’

‘No its not…I think she’s sweet.’

‘SWEET! Yuk, yuk, yuk!’

Everyone laughed as Tracy started rolling about the floor, clutching at her throat and pretending she had been poisoned.

‘Stop it Tracy,’ said Rachel, ‘I’ll wet myself.’

I turned round so no one could see my face and said in my best Matron voice, ‘Tracy, what are you doing!’

Tracy shot up and looked around looking very guilty.

I couldn't hold back and I hooted with laughter.

‘Was that… you?’ said Tracy.

I nodded, unable to say anything as I was wheezing and laughing too much.

‘Blimey, that was close. I thought that it was really her. You’re good, can you do anyone else?’

I calmed down a bit and then smiled.

‘Tracy, I have told you before, do not run in the corridor, I want one thousand lines on my desk tomorrow, you shall write, I must not be naughty at school, now go away, you awful child.’

Everyone was looking at me in silence; then they started laughing and shouting; evidently I had gotten the Head Mistress off to a T and everyone thought it was brilliant. Then I looked at Tracy and saw that thoughtful look on her face which meant that she was up to something. I had a strange feeling that I would be involved, somehow.

To be continued...

Please leave comments...ta very muchly!

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More mischief afoot

Oh dear! I just dread to think what mischief Tracy could cause now she knows about Stephanie's skill at impersonation!

And as for that stuck-up b**ch at the tennis club, I do hope that Stephanie manages to teach her a lesson.

Thank you for serving up such a smashing tale, Sue.

Orphan

I agree with Pleione. I hope that Stephanie Can hold her own and show that snob a thing or two. I despise bullies, especially rich female bulies.

I wouldn't put it past Tasmin, that she has a sure method in place to make sure she wins by cheating in some way.

Excellant story so far.

Oops!

it's bad enough when you fall into a pit that someone else has dug, but when you dug the pit yourself...

Half of immitation is acting...

... and our hero(ine) has already proven to be a good actor(ess). Sounds like a good ear too.

Looking forward to hearing about the tenis match as well. Let me guess, our hero(ine) will win the racket, give it back, and make taMSin a friend...

Thanks,

Annette

Orphan~19

Is a fun chapter. There are very few people that can impersonate others like Stephanie can. I am wondering what happens now. Susan, what happened to the bear?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Where's Theodora?

joannebarbarella's picture

I'm missing Theodora Bear. I think she needs to give Stephie a bit of sage advice about looking before you leap and lion's dens and suchlike,
Hugs,
Joanne

Another winner

Sue, You've done it again, Didn't think you'd top Working Girl but you have.
Took me a while to get round to reading this, Not sure why though.
Can't wait for the next chapter.

11/10 Go to the top of the class :P

Keep em coming

Hugs

Sam

Uh oh....

(No, not "Eh oh" - that's something else entirely!)

Tracy's got an idea for mischief - everyone run for the hills!
Hope no-one minds me rambling on to myself for a while - but hey, if it encourages anyone else to saunter over here and read Sue's excellent story, I've done my job, haven't I? :)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!