Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 329

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Dyke.
by Angharad
part: 329

I lay in bed and reflected on the evening. The meal had been pretty good, or mine had. The melon entrée, the grilled leg of lamb steak and raspberry roulade dessert had left me feeling very full. Simon had fed well too, and had had three glasses of wine to my one. I got nominated to drive us home, which in the Saab, I didn’t enjoy too much–don’t get me wrong, it’s a lovely car, but twice as big as my Golf.

I got us home, my heart still beating fast as I recalled the drive. Nothing happened, but it was an adrenalin rush all the way. Then, helping Simon up the stairs, he hadn’t done himself any favours having a large brandy before we left. I did manage to get him undressed before he fell asleep, a state he was still in, snoring like a lawn-mower. So much for my staying awake when we got home!

I did eventually manage to fall asleep, but it was hard work trying to shut out Simon’s impressions of a powerful motorbike with a damaged exhaust. I woke some hours later, needing a wee. He’d obviously turned over because his jet engine had switched off, I just hoped it didn’t go into reversed thrust once I got back to bed.

The next morning, a Saturday, we both slept in a bit. Normally, Si, is up by six often earlier. Today it was after nine before we woke up. After he’d gone to the loo and dived back under the covers, he snuggled up and got romantic. I’d lost the moment, about six hours before and although more than happy to cuddle, didn’t want anything extra.

I lay on my side facing away from him, he had a hand on my breast stroking it gently–it was nice, but that was all. For him it seemed to be having a more marked affect, because something was poking me in the lower part of my back. I tried to ignore it, but he was practically pleading with me.

“I was ready last night.”

“I had a bit of brewer’s last night.”

“Did you know that it doesn’t actually mean alcohol induced impotence. It’s to do with a Dr Brewer.”

“I didn’t and I am not impotent, see for yourself.”

“I’d prefer to look at some breakfast cereal,” I said.

“You cut me to the quick, Cathy Watts.”

“Look Simon, I had to listen to you all night giving a rendition of the snoring chorus from Rip van Winkle.”

“There’s no such piece, is there?”

“Only because I haven’t written it yet, but it does go on for twenty years, which is shorter than it felt last night.”

“I’m sorry, babes.”

“I am very tired and not interested in anything more energetic than eating breakfast, sorry and all that…” I was anything but repentant, but he didn’t know that.

When I pulled myself out of bed to go to the loo, I found him exploring my lingerie. “You wore this last night?”

“Yes, but you’d need a bigger size.”

He blushed, “If I’d known you were wearing that, we wouldn’t have got as far as the pub.”

“I’m glad we did, I was quite hungry.”

“Will you put it on again for me?”

“If you like, but not now, I want some breakfast.”

“Aw come on, Cathy, just for me.”

“If I did, Simon, you’d just want to take me to bed and I’ve already said, I’m not interested.”

He looked downcast and sighed, “Okay, go and get your breakfast.”

“If you hadn’t got pissed last night, you would have found me much more willing.”

“Aw c’mon, babes, it was a good meal and someone had to finish the wine.”

“Even if I accept that argument, why did you also have to order a large brandy?”

“Well, you agreed to drive home, so I thought, what the hell?”

“I had to get you in, undress you and then listen to you snore half the night. That’s why I’m not in the mood. If you find my underwear such a turn on, you wear it, because I’m not, I’m going for breakfast.” I pulled on my dressing gown and slippers and left him standing there still holding my lacy bra and pants set.

“Nice evening?” asked Tom as boiled the kettle.

“Was okay.”

“Oh, like that, was it?”

“The food was good, and the wine even better. Ask Simon, he drank most of it.”

“Ah, I don’t think I’ll bother. I erm, have some paperwork to attend to, maybe I’ll go and do it.” Tom, made what could only be described as a tactical withdrawal. I didn’t blame him.

I ate my Rice Crispies and even the whispered popping sound annoyed me this morning. Simon came down, he was dressed and had obviously showered. I said nothing to him but rinsed my dish and put it in the dishwasher. I took my tea and went upstairs. We hadn’t spoken a word.

I showered and dressed casually, I had food shopping to do for the weekend and was already late by my usual routine. I took my coat and bag and left to go to the supermarket.

I was back about an hour and a half later, Simon’s car was gone. I rushed into the house. “Where is Simon?” I shouted at Tom.

“I don’t know, I’ve been working in the study”

I rushed into the kitchen, there was no note. I dashed upstairs, his overnight bag was gone. He’d left. At first I couldn’t believe it, then it seemed the only explanation. He had deserted me. I stood in the middle of the bedroom and burst into tears, this was the last straw. I abandoned the shopping and took to my bed, crying myself to sleep.

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Simon Is Acting Like a Jerk

jengrl's picture

Simon gets drunk and misses out on making love to Cathy and then wonders why she isn't in the mood? What a selfish jerk! It was really tacky the way he up and left without a word. He has a lot of making up to do if he wants to get back in Cathy's good graces. Gee, I wonder what his excuse will be?

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Compromise

A sucessful relationship is all about compromise, and there was certainly none displayed by Cathy. What if the shoe had been on the other foot? If Simon was ready and willing the night before, and Cathy wasn't? Is their relationship to strictly be on Cathy's terms? It looks as if there are two self-centered people here.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Two way street

Yes, it is a two way street. Still, he chose to get drunk and pass out rather than enjoy what they had both been looking forward to.

It's not like he accidentally got drunk, or is inexperienced. He should know his limits, and he should know the effects of alcohol. It would also be a good idea for him to remember that they had discussed that topic before.

Essentially, he chose to drink instead of being intimite with his fiance'. After her preparations, I can understand why she was miffed. After all, they had both been waiting for the chance to get together.

She also explained exactly what pissed her off. He needs to swallow his pride, apologize, and see if he can fire her up somewhat later in the day. After all, sex after the big fight is good stuff.

maybe

Or maybe he went out to get flowers.

I agree - neither is really communicating

I doubt that anyone will disagree that relationships, even good, strong relationships, are difficult at the best of times - they take constant work and effort. I don't see that happening here.

Both Simon and Cathy have a great deal on their minds, and both are stressed out at the moment with what's happening to/with Stella. Both of them need to actually be present when with the other, not thinking or worrying about work, or overly about their own private needs. I get the feeling that they just being with each other, enjoying each other's company, not constantly fighting vague, sarcastic or facetious verbal battles. Are they falling into some power struggle for dominance?

I don't know if Cathy's being overly emotional, but I get the feeling that there's still something going on with her healthwise of which we've still only seen hints.

YW

PS - God, I sound like a sleep depraved Dr. Phil!

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

yep, the good communication seems have taken a hard right turn

from a previous post where it looked as though they were finally coming to mutual agreement. Oh, I was married 41 years to the same woman, and I know we had arguments, but I have no idea what they were about. I remember the good times, and there were more than enough for us. She died in 2002. I always told her,truthfully, that she was good to men, and good for me.
12 years later, I still miss her so much.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Sorry Cathy

Love you but you were an A++ BITCH to Simon this morning. Yeah, he wasn't without his own faults but you did it on purpose, he was just dumb. You asked for what you got.

I also vote for a call on the mobile.

Woody

Bitchy?

Yah, maybe; but she simply wasn't in the mood in the morning. What's she supposed to do, pretend? That might be nice in a way, but it would deprive him of a valuable lesson -- that he needs to think before he imbibes.

What he did was thoughtless. He didn't think. He just sucked down the hooch without thinking of the possible consequences; and ruined both of their evenings.

Hopefully, after Cathy's bitch session, he will remember that his relationship with her is important enough to not screw it up by dulling his senses with alcohol.

On the other hand, she shouldn't be surprised to find that he ran off. Maybe she should call him, but getting some sleep first wouldn't be a bad idea. After all, she can be bitchy when she's tired.

Oh, I dont know

kristina l s's picture

Don't know about everyone else but I've had silent sulk sessions last a couple of days. Not quite the same situation maybe but people in close proximity can... annoy at times, works both ways. Cathy does seem to burst into tears a little too easily though, her confidence should be a bit more up by now. Simon was dumb, Cathy was a bit bitchy, so they sulk and mope a bit for a day or two and then the sun comes out, such is relationships or life or something.

Petulants anonymous anyone? We all have our moments.

Kristina

More than compromise

It is a problem with communication. Both people need to be responsible for breaking off the booze. My partner is alcoholic and believe you me it is no fun having a person around who can get uncontrollably pissed. I have seen in other chapters where Cathy has abused the booze 'to feel better' *rolls eyes*. Simon seems to have the beginnings of alcoholic tendencies. Not good.

I have made this point before I think. FWIW, I personally find the effects of alcohol boring. The stuff does absolutely nothing for me.

Kim

Simon is a boozer

If he is not an alcoholic, he is teetering on the brink. They are both under stress and his stock answer is to get drunk. This has happened MANY times with him. Mind you, she is acting exceptionally bitchy as of late, like PMS on steroids. Is she on the wrong HRT? Is she ill? IE Does she have a brain tumor?

Is this all just stress or is something sinister or something wonderful lurking in Bonzi's talented paws?

Ang, give your kitty all the mice and tuna he wants.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Simon? an alcoholic?

He is not an alcoholic - he is a drunk! Drunks don't have to go to all those meetings, and Simon (or Cathy for that matter) have never been to an AA meeting - at least not the universe this delightful story is written in.
Bonzi, here is another scrubbie from me, to you. Keep your human thoroughly confused as to the intentions of the story you are writing, and positively never, but NEVER let her know, or even suspect who is really in control of this story.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

They Are Both Under A Lot Of Stress Right Now

Simon as a Banker is dealing with the Money Crunch affecting Britain and Cathy has just been through the ordeal at the uni and her other pent up stresses. They are both in need of TLC.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Simon and Cathy are BOTH mucking things up...

... Simon's away FAR to much, but they knew that going in... I can deal with that. Simon comes "home" for a romantic weekend. Wines her and Dines her (sadly, too much wine), and then builds an arc in his sleep (from experience, I know how hard sleeping with the construction next door can be). He wakes up - late - in the morning, expecting l'amour...

Cathy, Insisted on the night out as what? Pennance? She KNOWs Simon drinks when the opportunity arises. She KNOWs that when he ties one on, he's useless. And yet, she's disapointed when the obvious happens. From all I've been able to discern, it's a very "unusual" guy that is willing to just "cuddle" and "snuggle", specially when the blood starts pumping "down south".

Neither of them are very "mature" when it comes to close intamate relationships. What's the history? Cathy - this is her first and only one... Simon - a LOOOONG string of failed attempts (to hear Stella tell it). Somehow, I think BOTH of their expectations are just a tad mucked up.

All that asside. One IS left wondering where Simon went. From all we've seen, a mistress is unlikely. Is his bag put away for a change and he's just out for a walk? Is he upset, and running away? Did he get a call and run off to check on Stella (or his dad?) and with Cathy's apparent distain, neglect to tell her? Was he kidnapped by aliens? Enquiring minds do want to know.

Annette

P.S. I couldn't find the Dyke

Awwhhh!

Simon **can** be a jerk at times, eh? I can understand his disappointment but to over-react like that?

Unless, as sometimes happens in real life, there's another explanation for his disappearing act? which we will find out in future parts?

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

329--I read on...

...and now I can say it.

This long distance romance is not likely to work.

I dare say that Simon was called away at the last minute or something, but that's no way to treat a lady--even Cathy.

So there!

NB

Jessica
I don't just look it, I really AM that bad...

Lackanookie fever

Wow, now is a good time to straighten out Simon's heavy drinking. Giving him the choice of the Hawaiian disease, or a genteel amount of liquor should be introduced. It'll be tough on Cathy, but better than to married to a drunk, no matter how nice.
Takes a colonialist, doesn't it ? It's a disease the sailors in the USN would get. probably because no liquor aboard US navy ships ?

Cefin

I guess

since Cathy doesn't have to suffer with PMS, Simon thinks he has to take it on himself to be the one in the relationship that does?