Parental Permission_09

Printer-friendly version

Smoking Fetish / TG Fiction: Hank takes a job as a secretary and gets his first date which winds up being a let down. He has a conversation with his mother about expectations. Arlene thinks she has a plan that will get Hank out of the dumps.

Parental Permission_09

Even though it was a done deal, Hank needed to spend an hour in the human resources department filling out forms and answering questions. He checked female as his sex and used Henrietta as his first name, placing quotation marks around Hank. He listed his age as 45, the same age as his mother.

The lady from human resources gave him a general tour of the office and introduced him to a woman named Maxine who would be his boss. Maxine was a nice looking woman. Hank supposed she was in her late 40s or early 50s. Maxine pointed out his new work area. The type writer was an IBM Selectric, the same kind he had learned on high school the year before.

There were five other desks close by occupied with women between the ages of 30 and 60. Three of them were smoking and had ashtrays on their desks. Hank had assumed smoking was allowed but hadn't asked.

Maxine introduced him to several of the advertising executives as they passed in the hall on their way to break room. She advised Hank to expect typing and filing requests from the individual executives as well as from her.

Hank asked if there was a dress code.

Maxine studied his skirt and jacket. "Like that," she said. "But don't be afraid to show a little cleavage. Since you have it, you might as well flaunt it. I know I would."

Hank decided right then and there that he liked Maxine.

"I know you're not married, and I notice you aren't wearing a ring," said Maxine. "I'm assuming you're unattached?"

Hank wondered if Maxine might be hitting on her. She was definitely an attractive lady. He kind of liked the idea. "No. Why do you ask?"

"Because that's the first question the boys are going to ask me in our scheduling meeting this afternoon. Didn't you see them looking at you?"

Hank giggled nervously. "No. I was too busy paying attention to what you were showing me."

Maxine touched his shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll warn you about the ones you need to stay away from."

*****

It took about two weeks for Hank to get acclimated to the job and to the people he was working with. The hardest part had been learning to type with nails. He liked all the women he was working with. Every one in the office accepted and thought of him as a 45 year old woman. Big Dick had gotten him the job without telling a soul.

"He got you that job," said his mother, "and you owe him and Barbara for that. But you've kept it on your own for these last two weeks. You should be very proud of your self for that."

"I am proud of myself," said Hank," as he lit a cigarette. "I just wish I'd gotten paid today like everyone else. Do you think they forgot?"

"Don't worry about that honey," said Hank's father. "All companies do it that way. It means you'll get an extra pay check two weeks after you quit."

"But I don't want to quit," said Hank. "I love my job!"

"I don't want you to quit either," laughed Paul. "You're ten times more expensive as a grown woman than you were as a boy. With this job, you'll be able to pay for all your fancy new clothes and the cigarettes you smoke."

Hank exhaled a could of smoke. "I'm sorry Dad. I know must have cost you a lot of money lately, especially with the surgery."

"That's okay honey. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm thrilled with what you're doing, but I can tell you're very happy." He paused to light a Winston. "You are happy, aren't you?"

"I love being a woman Dad!"

"So have you met any men at work you're interested in," asked Arlene.

"I'll see you later," said Paul. "This sounds like a woman's conversation to me."

Arlene waited for Paul to leave and then she asked the question again.

Hank grinned. "Oh yes," he said. "I'm met a lot of guys but Maxine says there's only a few I should go out with and one of them asked me out!"

They both shrieked and hugged each other.

"What's his name," asked Arlene? "What's he like? Tell me about him. Where's he taking you?"

******

Hank's first and last date with Jared Vogel from the office had been less than fun. His mother told him to chalk it up as an experience.

"He liked my boobs better than he liked me and all he wanted to do was to talk about himself. I don't see why the other girls in the office like him."

"I'm sorry you had a bad time, but it might have been for the best that it didn't work out with Jared. Barbara and I were talking about it and even under the best circumstances, dating at work isn't a good idea. I'm not saying that because you don't have a vagina. But since you don't, well I think that's even more of a reason not to mix business with pleasure."

Hank exhaled a lung full of smoke. "I guess you're right. I was just excited about getting asked out for my first date."

"Maybe you should start going to church. That's always a good place to meet men."

Hank sighed. "That's what Carol at my office said. She's always inviting me to go with her, but I don't know."

"What's wrong honey. You really look bothered. Is there something you're not telling me."

"Maybe."

"Well what is it? You can tell me anything. I know we're supposed to be sisters in public, but I'm still you're mother."

Hank smiled weakly and took a drag from his cigarette. "If I told you, you'd think I was a slut."

"No I wouldn't. Did you do something already?"

"I wish," said Hank. "But that's it. I know what you said about being a lady and all and taking my time to find the right guy, but I just want to know if I'm really going to like it."

"I see," said Arlene. "I guess you're feeling kind of sexually frustrated."

"You could say that and you'd be right."

"I don't think you're slut Hank. As a matter of fact, I agree with you. I think you should find someone to let off a little steam with."

"But what if I don't like it Mom? What if it grosses me out?"

Arlene shook her head. "I don't know honey. I guess you'll either have to get used to it or find a lesbian that likes people like you. Of course most of it has to do with the person you're with. You're not going to enjoy sex with any man if you're not attracted to him. Were you honestly attracted to Jared tonight?"

"Not really, but all the women in my office think he's hot."

"But we're not talking about them. We're talking about you. What kind of man turns you on?"

Hank put his cigarette out and lit another one. "Promise not to laugh?"

"Of course not. I'd never laugh at you."

"Okay. Well do you remember when we were down in Disney World and I was dressed in boy clothes."

Arlene nodded. "And you had a change of heart when Barbara caught you checking out that older man."

"Uh-huh."

Arlene smiled. "That's it? Senior citizens float your boat?"

"He was older but he wasn't a senior citizen," argued Hank. "It just looked like he was more interested in his grandkids than he was in himself. I want a man to look at me like that, like I'm more important than a job or the way his suit looks."

"That man was probably retired honey. It was his job to enjoy life. If you wanted a man like that, you should have gone back to high school as a girl and dated boys your own age."

"That's not the same thing Mom."

"I don't know what to tell you because I can't tell what you want. I don't think you know either."

"I want what you have with Dad," said Hank. "I want what Cinderella had with Prince Charming."

"You want love and romance?"

Hank nodded enthusiastically.

"Then read a book," said Arlene. "That's what I do."

Hank looked at his mother as if she were crazy. "But I thought you and Dad were in love."

"We are, but the kind of love you're talking about ends after the honey moon. Real love is about real living. I love your father and he loves me."

Hank shook his head. He felt confused. "You're happy though, aren't you? You like being a woman, right?"

"I love my life honey and I love being a woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But I was born this way. You weren't. Are you having second thoughts about the things you've done?"

"No. Not really," said Hank as he ran his finger across his leather cigarette case. "At least not like you're probably thinking. I don't think I ever hated my life but I always knew I wanted to be like you."

"And now you're finding out my life isn't as glamorous and wonderful as you thought it would be?"

"I wouldn't exactly say that. I just thought things would be a little more spicy."

"Maybe it can be," said Arlene. "Not that life is a party every night, but its the weekend and I know a place we could go that you might like."

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Having A Problem

...With feeling this character because the pronoun usage is still in the masculine and references of Henrietta as Hank by the family still. If the parents are going to take this serious, or even "Hank," then some change in Henrietta needs to occur to where it matters to her. The change itself feels kind of weak to me because of the lack of internal reference to "herself" and "she." If the change occurs, then perhaps I could feel a bit more deeply for the character and analyze the plot. I was hoping that by this chapter that the situation would have been resolved.

 
Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf