Parental Permission_13_Final Chapter

Printer-friendly version

Smoking Fetish / TG Fiction. This is the final chapter about Hank/Henrietta. Henrietta wants to get married and have a family. She thinks her new life as a woman and a wife will be all fun and games. Life seldom turns out the way you think it will.

Arlene was doing dishes and Paul was changing a light bulb in the kitchen when Henrietta and Dave came in through the garage.

"Its about time you came home," said Arlene as she towel dried a dish. "Your nephew is worried sick."

"You mean my brother," said Henrietta.

The dish fell from Arlene's hand and smashed itself to pieces in the sink.

"Its okay Mom. Dave knows. Dad told him."

If looks could kill, Paul Williams would have been dropped by his wife's icy stare. "How could you," she asked?

Paul raised his arms above his head. "I thought Dave should know. He was talking about wanting to marry Hank. What else could I have done?"

"I'm sorry Dave. This is my fault," said Arlene. "I'm the one who took Hank to the VFW the night you met him."

"And I'm glad you did," said Dave. "Henrietta...Hank, is the best thing that ever happened to me. That's why I have to ask you and your husband for permission to marry her."

Arlene gasped.

"But he's just a boy," said Paul.

"Not any more Daddy. Dave made me into a woman last night. And he did it again this morning. It was totally awesome!"

Paul struggled to keep his balance on the footstool as he wrestled with the mental image of the older man having sex with his son.

"Oh sweetheart! I'm so happy for you," exclaimed Arlene as she dropped her dish towel and raced around the counter to hug her former son.

Dave and Paul exchanged looks from across the kitchen as Arlene and Henrietta embraced. The look on Paul's face seemed to ask Dave why? How could you? Dave broke their stare-off when Arlene kissed him on the cheek.

"I know we still have a lot to talk about it," said Arlene, "but I still need to hug the man who made a woman out of my little boy!"

His escaped him as Arlene embraced him in a crushing bear hug. This is a very strange and awkward situation, thought Dave as he returned Arlene's hug and whispered in her ear, "I don't think your husband approves and I don't blame him."

"He just needs some time to get used to the idea," she said as she took Dave's hand and turned toward her husband who was still on the footstool. "Lets go into the living room and talk about this honey."

*****

Henrietta and Dave sat in the love seat while Arlene and Paul sat across from them on the couch.

Henrietta smoothed her skirt with her hand. As she did, she felt a rush as the fabric from her skirt collided with the silk slip and her nylon hose. She became acutely aware of her heavy breasts, the jewelry she was wearing and her manicured hands. She felt extremely feminine and mature as she looked across the room and compared herself to her mother who was in the process of lighting a cigarette.

The sight of her mother smoking made Henrietta want to smoke too, so she retrieved the leather cigarette case from her purse and allowed to Dave to light her up before he lit a Camel for himself.

Oh my God, thought Henrietta as she took a puff from her cigarette. I feel like so womanly and grown-up. My friends are probably studying algebra right now and I'm smoking cigarettes! I'm sitting with my boyfriend and we're talking to my parents about getting married. This is going to be so much fun, she thought as Dave talked to her father about his plans for her.

Arlene was halfway listening to the conversation but she was was more interested in observing her son. Or was she observing her daughter? If anything, he was her sister. She marveled at how old Henrietta looked in her matronly clothes and make-up. It was a costume, but she seemed attached to it. She was certainly attached to those breasts.

Arlene wanted to feel happy for her son, and she was because he looked happier than a pig in shit as he sat next to his older fiance looking so womanly and femininely puffing away on her Virginia Slim.

Was the woman sitting in her living room the boy who had seemed so relatively happy and normal not so long ago? Arlene had never meant for this to go as far as it had when she encouraged Hank to explore his feminine side. But the further he explored, the happier and more excited he became. She couldn't say no to him, but maybe she should have.

Paul kept a civil tongue as he and Dave discussed the older man's intentions for his son, but his thoughts were anything but civil as he looked at his 16 year old son made up to look like a woman in her late 40s.

How can that man have the nerve to look me in the eye after he's fucked my son in the ass, thought Dave? And God knows what else he did to that poor boy. If Hank wasn't over the age of consent I'd call the cops.

Dave puffed on his Camel and chose his words carefully. He wouldn't allow his temper, his passion, or Paul Wilson to come between him and Henrietta. But what about his guilt?

He glanced over at Henrietta as she chatted away with her sister...no, he reminded himself. Arlene is Henrietta's mother. He reminded himself that Henrietta was really a 16 year old boy with a penis between his legs. I'm not gay, he thought. Why do I want him or her so much? Even if she'd been born a girl, she would still be 16 and I'd still be 66. I'm 50 years older than her for crying out loud and she's a boy! For some reason that thought aroused him and he was disturbed by his arousal. What does that say about me, he wondered?

Paul turned his attention from Dave to his son. "What do you have to say about this Hank? You're always telling your mom and I that you aren't gay. I know you get off on dressing up and smoking your girly cigarettes, but I always thought this was just some kind of phase."

"I don't know Daddy. I just know I love the way Dave makes me feel and I love him and I want to marry him and be his wife. Please let me marry him Daddy!"

"That's good enough for me," said Arlene.

"Well its not good enough for me," said Paul. "What about your education Hank? Don't you want to finish high school and go to college?"

Henrietta rolled her eyes and blew a plume of smoke. "I don't need school daddy. I already have a job and I'm going to quit it anyway after Dave and I get married."

"That's right," said Dave. "I'm from the old school. A woman's place is in the home."

"Think about it Hank. Marriage isn't a game. Have you seriously thought about what it will be like for you to be Mr. Evans' wife for the next 20 or 30 years?"

"Well if its anything like last night then I'm all for it!"

Dave grinned and rubbed Henrietta's skirt covered knee.

"For starters," said Paul, "you're going to have to do a better job of keeping Mr. Evans' house clean than you do your room. And you're going to need to learn to cook and wash clothes."

"Mom can teach me that," said Henrietta.

"She's right," said Arlene. "I can."

"Mr. Evans has grandchildren, doesn't he?" asked Paul. "You'll have to be a grandmother to them. Isn't one of them almost your age?"

"They'll think I'm a grown-up," said Henrietta as she waved her cigarette around. "That means they'll have to do what I tell them to do. I think it will be fun!"

"She's got a point there," said Arelene. "Bossing kids around is a lot of fun."

"What about his age Hank? Have you thought about that," asked Paul? "Mr. Evans is an old man. He's 66 years old and smokes unfiltered cigarettes."

"I know," said Henrietta! "I love that about him," she said as she kissed Dave on the cheek. "I think older guys that smoke are just so sexy!"

"They also get heart disease and lung cancer," said Paul. "Do you want to spend ten years or more taking care of a sick and dying old man, because I guarantee that will eventually happen if you marry him."

"Oh honey," said Arlene. "You can't guarantee something like that."

"But its highly possible," said Paul.

"I don't care," said Henrietta. "I love him and I want to marry him for better or worse!"

Arlene smiled across the room at Henrietta as she took Dave's hand.

"You don't think you'll get bored of this in a couple months or a year," asked Paul? "You don't think it will bother you when you see your friends going to parties and dating girls their own age? You're missing out on the best years of your life. You know that, don't you?"

"No I'm not Daddy. This right here, the way I am now. These are the best years of my life and I'm going to 45 for the next 30 years because I'm only 16!"

"That's not true," said Paul. "You can't stay 45 for the next 30 years if you marry Mr. Evans. You'll need to age with him or else people will get suspicious."

"Then that's even better," said Henrietta. "I want to be old lady!"

Paul slapped his knees, stood up and walked across the room. Dave stood up to and the two men shook hands.

"Welcome to the family," said Paul. "I can't say I'm happy about this, but I'm almost glad you're taking her off my hands."

"I'll take good care of her and make her happy," said Dave.

Henrietta and Arlene shrieked with joy.

*****

Henrietta sat on her mother's bed, wearing just her under garments, as her mother pulled a long cardboard box from the closet.

"I can't wait to see you in my wedding dress," said Arlene as she opened the box and removed the white dress from its protective packaging.

"Me too," said Henrietta excitedly.

"You're going to make such a pretty bride," said Arlene as she helped her son into her old wedding dress. "We should have done this years ago."

"Why do you say that?"

"If we had, I might have had a chance to have you as a daughter for a while before you became my old maid sister."

"I'm not going to an old maid much longer," laughed Henrietta.

"No you're not honey. But are you sure you want to go through with this wedding? Your father is right about marriage being a lot of responsibility. Dave is going to expect a lot out of you once you become his wife."

"How can you even ask me that Mom? Can't you see how happy I am? I'm going to be a grown woman for the rest of my life just like you! I'm going to smoke cigarettes and have sex with my husband and wear dresses every day. It's going to be great!"

Arlene frowned as she fluffed out the bridal skirt. "Married life is wonderful honey and I hope you enjoy it, but its not all fun and games."

"It will be for me," said Henrietta as she walked over to the mirror to get a better look at herself in her mother's wedding dress.

"I supposed this is a lot different and more exciting than you're old life," said Arlene as she lit a cigarette and handed the pack to Henrietta.

Henrietta lit the cigarette and admired herself in the mirror. "Look at me mom. I'm smoking just like a real woman."

"And from what I understand, you had sex like one too. Did you really enjoy it honey, or were you just saying that?"

Henrietta exhaled as she pondered her mother's question. "Its probably a little of both but it wasn't like I hated it. It was just real weird, you know, having sex with a man, especially Dave because of how old he is. But that's what made it exciting. And it did feel nice once I got used to it. I just hope I can make Dave happy with what I have because its not like I have the right stuff."

"Believe me honey, I saw the way Dave was looking at you today. You have the right stuff as far as he's concerned."

"Thanks Mom," said Henrietta as she turned and threw her arms around Arlene in a hug. "I needed to hear that."

******

Dave's daughter and her family flew in from Oklahoma two days before the wedding. They stayed at Dave's house and Henrietta spent a good deal of time with them. She liked Sally and her family a lot.

Sally and her husband Rick were both in their mid 40s. They had three children. Scott was 15, Katie was 12 and Megan was 5. Henrietta thought they were the picture-perfect family. None of them smoked or drank. Religion was an important part of their lives. Dave and his late wife had done an incredible job of raising Sally. She was a mom's mom among mothers.

Sally adored Henrietta and they became fast friends.

"I'm so glad my father is marrying you," said Sally. "You're so perfect for him!" She looked over at her father and asked, "So how does it feel to be a cradle robber Dad?"

Dave got a worried look on his face. "What do you mean honey?"

"Henrietta is only 45. She's the same age as me!"

Dave grinned. "I guess that makes me a dirty old man, doesn't it?"

*******

Henrietta and Dave spent their honeymoon in Europe visiting Dave's old battle haunts. Seeing where Dave had spent the war made Henrietta that much prouder of him.

The first eight months of their marriage was like a fairy tale to Henrietta. She was living out her fantasies. The wedding ring on her finger made her feel so respectable, even though she was anything but respectable in their bedroom.

Henrietta's fantasy world came to an abrupt end one night when Dave answered the phone. Sally and Rick had been killed an automobile accident. The kids were okay. They hadn't been in the car.

Dave and Henrietta flew out to Oklahoma for the funeral and took the children back with them. Henrietta and Dave's role changed from grandparents to parents overnight. Papers were filed with the appropriate state agencies. Seventeen year old Henrietta and 67 year old Dave were now the legal guardians of three children.

Dave took his daughter's death hard and fell into a deep depression. He spent most of the first three months after the funeral moping around the house or in bed. Henrietta found herself taking care of one old man and three children. It seemed as if her father's prophesy was coming true, but it was even worse.

Henrietta's days were spent cooking and cleaning for five people. When she wasn't working around the house, she was chauffeuring the kids around town. At 16, Scott was old enough to get his driver's license, but his parent's automobile death had traumatized him. He had no interest in getting behind the wheel of a car. Making matters even stranger for Henrietta was the fact that Scott was now a junior at the same high school that he should be a senior at.

Arlene and Paul felt bad for their former son. They helped out as much as they could but they had a child of their own to raise. It was obvious to both of them that Henrietta was caving to the stress. It was obvious to Henrietta as well. She was smoking more and enjoying it less. It didn't turn her on any more. It had become just an addiction that she couldn't shake and a coping tool for her increasing stress. Her love life with Dave had gone down the tubes as well. At 17, she was horny all the time, but Dave had no interest in satisfying her needs. He was just too depressed. Dressing up didn't turn her on either. As far Henrietta was concerned, her clothes were just clothes- something to wear.

Henrietta was complaining to her mom about her life. "I hate it mom. I wish I had never done this. I'd give anything to be a boy again."

"I'm sorry honey, but this is your life now. People are depending on you. You have to make the best of what you have."

"It wouldn't be so bad if Dave wasn't so sick and depressed."

"Then maybe you should try to snap him out of it. The two of you would feel so much better if you just started having sex again. Sex is so important for a good marriage honey. Your father and I have sex at least twice a week whether we want to or not."

"I want to," said Henrietta. "But Dave isn't getting erections."

"Oh my. That's not good, especially at Dave's age. You know what they say about older men and sex."

"No."

"They say use it or lose it. Have you tried masturbating him?"

Henrietta shook her head. "I'm just so tired when I go to bed. All I want to do is sleep when I get in bed."

"You have to try harder on your marriage honey if this is going to work."

Henrietta took her mother's advice. Even though she was exhausted at the end of the day, she'd crawl in bed with Dave and do her best to give him an orgasm with her hand. She used her other hand to smoke with. Every unsuccessful effort brought memories of a better time. She remembered their first night of sex together when he had gotten too drunk to drive. It had been so fun smoking in bed and masturbating him with the TV on. It wasn't fun any more. It was a chore.

Dave woke her up early every morning with his hacking cough as he jump started his decrepit lungs with an unfiltered Camel. She didn't think his smoking was sexy any more, now that he was getting sick from it.

Just as Henrietta thought she couldn't go on any more, she felt Dave jerk beside her as he groaned. Her hands were covered with warm sticky sperm. "You did it!" she said. "You had an orgasm honey."

Things seemed to get back on track after that. Dave started getting out of bed more and leaving the house. By the fourth month after the funeral he had resumed having regular sex with Henrietta. He also started helping out around the house more, though he got winded easily.

Life was still difficult for Henrietta as she raised three children who weren't that much younger than her self, but it was easier now that she had a husband to help. She was starting to feel spunky again. Her clothes started feeling silkier and her cigarettes started tasted good again now that she was getting her recommended daily allowance of Dave's sperm.

Henrietta was enjoying being a mother to Scott, Katie, and Megan. They all called her grandma, but in truth, she was more of mother to them. She'd sit with them at the kitchen table and smoke cigarettes until they finished their homework. On the weekends, she'd take the girls shopping while Dave taught Scott how to drive a car.

One afternoon, while the kids were in school, Henrietta was giving Hank a blow job. Henrietta was certain that she enjoyed sucking the sperm out of Dave's old penis almost as much as Dave enjoyed her doing it for him. When they were finished, Henrietta got up to brush her teeth while Dave had a cigarette in bed.

The phone rang and Dave answered it. Henrietta didn't know who had called but she recognized the agitated look on her husband's face.

"That was counselor from Scott's school. He got caught smoking in the bathroom. We got to go down there."

As they were driving to the school, Henrietta discovered that she was just as angry at Scott as her husband was. She was surprised by her feelings. When she had first married Dave, she would have been thrilled by the prospect of catching one his grandchildren smoking. She would have felt so grown-up and flaunting her smoking over them and punishing them for what she did every day. But she felt different now because she didn't think of the kids as Dave's grandchildren any more. She thought about them as being her own children.

Even though she was only a year older than Scott, she felt as if he were her son. It would break her heart if he were to take up smoking like her and Dave.

Scott was waiting for them in the office when they got in the school. The counselor told him to stay on the bench because she wanted to talk to Henrietta and Dave alone. Dave and Henrietta both shot Scott a disappointed look as they walked past him.

The counselor introduced herself as Martha Timmie and asked them to take a seat. After they were seated, she removed a form from her desk and handed it to Henrietta.

"What's this?" asked Henrietta as she glanced at the form.

"Its a permission slip," said Mrs. Timmie. "We'll need you and your husband to sign it before we can give Scott permission to smoke in our school's designated area."

As a former student, Henrietta was well aware of the school's designated smoking area but Dave was surprised.

"You let the kids smoke in school," asked Dave?

"Yes Mr. Evans, as long as the students have their parent's approval and do it inside the the designated area. Your grandson was caught in the bathroom and he didn't have a permission slip on file with us."

"But why do you let them smoke in school in the first place," asked Dave? "That sounds crazy."

"We've found that kids are going to smoke regardless of the rules. We've also found that it works better if the school controls the situation rather than allowing the situation to control the school." Mrs. Timmie looked down at some notes on her desk. "After talking with Scott, he didn't think you'd mind giving him permission since the two of you are both smokers."

"My husband and I are both smokers, Mrs. Timmie. But we're adults and Scott is just a kid. We don't want him to smoke at school or at home."

"I'm glad to hear you say that," said Mrs. Timmie. "I wish more of our parents felt like you and your husband. Unfortunately, I'll have to suspend Scott for three days unless we have your signed permission form on file."

"Then suspend him," said Henrietta. "My husband and I will probably do a lot worse than that to him when we get home."

Mrs. Timmie stood up and shook their hands. "I'm so impressed," she said. "Scott is very lucky to have the two of you looking out after him. Would you like to get involved with our Partent Teacher Association, Mrs. Evans? We could really use a woman like you."

******

After agreeing to join the PTA, Henrietta and Dave took Scott home to begin his three day suspension.

Scott apologized to his grandparents all the way home, begging their forgiveness but Henrietta and Dave refused to talk to him until they got home. When they did get home, they sent Scott to his room and told him to wait.

Dave wanted to take a belt to Scott but Henrietta talked him into letting her handle it.

"He's my grandson too and I don't want him to smoke either," said Henrietta as she angrily removed a Virginia Slim from her leather cigarette case and lit it. "We're the same age, so I'll know how to talk to him about it on his level."

"What? You're not going to tell him the truth about yourself. Are you?"

"Of course not! I'm just going to talk to him about it on his level," said Henrietta as she climbed the stairs to Scott's room.

Scott was sitting on his bed waiting for her when she walked in.

"Your grandfather and I are so disappointed in you right now Scott."

"I know Grandma. I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I promise."

Henrietta took a long drag on her cigarette and exhaled. "What possessed you to do it in the first place?"

Scott shrugged and gave his best attempt at an answer. When he was done talking, Henrietta sat down and gave him her take on the subject.

"I'm not mad at you," she said. "I thought it was cool too when I was your age. I don't think that way any more though and neither does your grandpa."

They talked back and forth for over 30 minutes.

"Your school suspended you for three days and your grandpa wants to punish you too. I understand why you did it and I believe you when you say you won't do it again, but I still have to punish you."

"I know," said Scott.

"Okay then. You're grounded for the next 30 days. No stereo, television, or radio. You'll go to bed every night at 8:00 through the week and on the weekends. Do you understand?"

Scott nodded. "I'm sorry about this Grandma."

"I know you are honey," said Henrietta as she kissed him on the cheek. "Your grandfather and I both love you very much. You know that, don't you?"

"I love you guys too."

*****

Later that night in bed, Henrietta clenched her teeth and held on for the ride as Dave navigated her anal cavity with the length of his penis. Sex with Dave wasn't nearly as exciting as it used to be when she was first discovering her femininity, but it was spiritually fulfilling.

After releasing his sperm, Dave laid down next to her. He was out of breath, but he felt wonderful. "Thank you," he said.

Henrietta kissed him, sat up in bed and lit a cigarette. "Snuggle with me," she said.

Dave put his arm around her waist and laid his head against her breasts. "Thanks for talking to Scott today," he said. "I would have lost my temper."

"It was surreal," said Henrietta as she exhaled. "If that's the right word. I guess I'd have a better vocabulary if I had stayed in school."

"Surreal is the right word," said Dave as he nuzzled against her breasts. "You're a good mother and a good wife. You know that, don't you?"

Henrietta looked down at Dave's face and smiled. "I don't think if I can do this without you."

"Yes you can," said Dave. "You're not a little boy any more. You're a woman like your mother. You can do this."

A tear fell from her eye and she wiped at it. "I love you so much. I don't want you to die."

"Maybe its not cancer," said Dave. "Maybe its just a cold."

*****

Dave passed away in July. Henrietta did her best to stay emotionally strong for the kids. Money wasn't an issue because Dave had left a generous life insurance policy. Scott began his senior year in the fall. Katie was 14 and a freshman. Megan was 7 and in the second grade.

Henrietta missed Dave. She also missed her life as a boy. If it wasn't for the kids, she would have used the insurance money to set things right with her body. Maybe when they're grown and out of college, she thought as she removed a cigarette from her brown leather case and lit it.

She stared at the cigarette between her fingers with distain. She and Dave had tried twice to quit smoking together before he died. She tried again three months after the funeral and had made it for three days before succumbing. She'd been a total angry bitch during those three days. The kids had wanted her to quit, but they admitted they were relieved once she started back. Megan told her that she was nicer when she smoked. Scott and Katie agreed.

When Henrietta wasn't taking care of her family, she was volunteering at the high school and the elementary school. She was very active in both the PTA and her church.

Henrietta's mother and Katie encouraged her to start dating again but Henrietta wasn't interested in men. She was just doing her time on planet earth until the kids were old enough to go out on their own.

Scott graduated from high school and enrolled in the local college. He lived at home because it was cheaper and because he had fallen in love with Henrietta. As far as he was concerned, she was the woman of his dreams and had been since he had first seen her at his grandfather's wedding. He kept that secrets and others to himself.

Katie followed her brother to college after she graduated from high school. They had always been close. Young adulthood brought them closer. Things were said and secrets were hinted at. Truths became exposed.

"You love her, don't you," asked Katie?

"I can't help it," said Scott.

"Even though you know the truth about her?"

"You know the truth too, and you still love her," said Scott.

"But not the way you do. You love her like grandpa did."

"What about Megan," asked Scott? "Has she figured it out yet?"

"About you being in love with with grandma or grandma being a boy?"

"Both."

"She knows you're in love with her because she asked me about it. But she doesn't know about the other thing."

"That's bad enough," said Scott as he lit a Marlboro and crumpled the empty pack.

"When are you going to tell Grandma about that?" she asked as she pointed at the cigarette between her brother's fingers.

"About the same time I tell her that I'm in love with her so I guess that would be about never."

"You need to tell her," said Katie.

"About the smoking?"

"You need to tell her that you love her. Its okay with Megan. And its not like she's our real grandmother."

"Right," said Scott. "And its not like she's a real woman either." He exhaled the smoke from his cigarette. "But I still feel like she is."

*******

Henrietta sat in front of her mirror on the morning of her 22nd birthday and added another wrinkle to her latex make-up making her look as if she'd just tuned 52. She reminded herself that she was doing it for the kids as she lit a cigarette.

Kids? Scott is 21. Katie is 18 and Megan is 11. She wondered if Scott would move away after he graduated. What about Megan? How old will I need to look when she graduates from college?

She thought some more about Scott. It worried her that he had never had a serious girlfriend all through high school and college. Maybe he's gay and he's afraid to tell me, she thought.

*****

Scott took a job in town after he graduated from college. He asked Henrietta if it would be okay with her if he continued living in the house. He offered to pay rent.

"I'd like it if you stayed," said Henrietta. "But I don't need rent money."

"Thanks Grandma."

Henrietta lit a cigarette. "There's been something I've been wanting to say to you for a while, and this is about as good of a time as any. You're 22 years old Scott. You're an adult now. I'm glad you want to stay here with us, but I know you're not a kid any more."

"So I guess that means you're telling me that I don't have a curfew?"

Henrietta laughed. "No curfew, but I'd still appreciate a phone call if you stay the night out. The reason I brought it up is because I don't want you thinking that you have to hide your lifestyle from me."

"Okay. But I don't understand what you're talking about."

Henrietta sighed. "I was hoping you wouldn't make me say this, but I just wanted you to know its okay if you ever want to bring a boyfriend home. Thats all."

Scott laughed. "You think I'm gay?"

"Well I've never seen you keep a girlfriend for more than two dates. I just figured you must be hiding something from me."

"I am hiding something but its not a boyfriend."

"Well whatever it is, you can tell me. You're an adult now and you're free to live your own life."

"In that case," said Scott as he pulled a pack of Marlboros from his pocket, "I'll start with this. I smoke."

Henrietta frowned. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said. "I really wish you wouldn't but its like I said. You're an adult now and you're free to do whatever it is you want to do."

"So its okay with you if I start smoking in the house with you?"

"Absolutely," said Henrietta. "Do Katie and Megan know?"

"They do and they both say I'm stupid."

"And I'm inclined to agree with them," said Henrietta. "But from now on, there will be two smokers in this house," she said as she kissed him on the cheek. "I guess you'll be be taking your grandfather's place."

Her words threw him off balance. "Grandpa's place? What do you mean?"

"Nothing really," said Henrietta. "Its just that there were two smokers in the house when you're grandfather was alive. So there'll be two more again. That's all."

"Okay," said Scott as he lit the Marlboro.

*****

Six months had passed since Scott graduated from college. Henrietta, her mother Sarah, Katie and Megan were in the kitchen making Christmas dinner. Paul and Billy were watching a football game in the living room with Scott.

Katie, who had figured out the truth years ago, marveled at Henrietta and Sarah as they bickered like sisters. Both women had gray hair and glasses. They were both wearing tacky Christmas sweaters. There was a big Christmas tree on Sarah's red sweater. Henrietta was sporting a snowman on her green wool. They both looked like sweet little ladies as they chain smoked their Virginia Slims and argued about whether or not it was time to baste the turkey.

Katie understood the sacrifices Henrietta had made to raise her and her siblings. What about Sarah, she wondered? Had Henrietta's transition been difficult for her? She let her son marry my grandpa when he was only 16. She must have given him permission to start smoking when he was even younger than that.

That night, before going home, Paul Wilson hugged Henrietta and whispered in her ear. "I'm so proud of you," he said. "You have a beautiful family."

"Thanks Daddy," said Henrietta. "I love you."

Katie watched them hug. She hadn't heard the words they exchanged, but judging by the looks on their faces, she assumed the words had been pleasant. I have to tell her, she thought. She looked across the room at her brother Scott as he picked up some glasses and took them to the kitchen. Nothing is ever going to happen unless I do.

"Grandma, can I talk to you about something private?" asked Katie as they were doing dishes in the kitchen.

"Of course you can honey. What's on your mind?"

"Can we talk about it in your room," asked Katie?

*****

Henrietta sat up in bed smoking one cigarette after the other as she relived the conversation she'd had with Katie. They knew the truth about her, except for Megan. They knew the truth and they loved her in spite of it. And according to Katie, Scott loved her more than anyone.

He wants to be with me the way his grandfather was, thought Henrietta as she lit another cigarette. Her limp penis tingled at the thought. It wasn't as if she'd never imagined being with Scott, but those thoughts had been fantasies. Nothing was ever supposed to come of them.

Katie says its okay and there's nothing wrong with it. She said that Megan and her want this to happen. They want Scott and I live to together as husband and wife. But how would that work?

People know he's not my real grandson. But he's 23 and everyone that knows me thinks I'm 53. Unless we move away, I'll never be able to be young again. This is my home.

*****

One Month Later

*****

Henrietta's heart fluttered as Scott held Dave's old Zippo lighter for her. She exhaled and thanked him as he reached into his shirt pocket and took out a pack of unfiltered Camels. He looked too young for the Camels but she knew he'd grown into them with time. She had begged him not to switch from the filtered Marlboros but he had insisted on smoking the manly Camels like his grandfather had done before him.

Megan laughed.

"What's so funny," asked Scott?

"Nothing," said Megan from the other couch. "I just think you look cute lighting Grandma's cigarettes for her."

Henrietta giggled. "I think he looks cute too."

"So does this mean you're going to be my grandfather now," asked Katie? "Or are you still going to be my brother?"

The End

up
33 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Parental permission

nikkiparksy's picture

Nice story got a intriguing ending too it ,Nice one hun as alway's looking forward too whatever you come up with next:).