history of the Ret-con universe

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I was watching "Smallville" the other day, and it got me wondering about the history of the ret-con universe. On the show, the JSA operated in secret until they were driven completely underground. I wonder, do we have any ideas weather or not there might have been meta-gene activations before the current crop? Maybe some historical/mythological characters were early metas. And maybe, just maybe some of them are still around.... something to think about, yes?

Maybe

(Decided not to blast you for where this fits on the list of things that need thought. To each their own. Escapism is a valid means of coping.)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Occasionally...

After all, Lex Luthor knew about the metagene, isolated it, discovered an activation factor, and applied it to several of his employees before Jade appeared on the scene and publicly announced the existence of it. Even the US government was apparently unaware until Jade showed up, if I recall Dream's story correctly.

Of course, if Lex knew about them, it's entirely possible a covert branch of the US government did know about them - who knows, in the retcon universe the creator / writers of The X Files may have known something the rest of humanity didn't...

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

The absolutely astonishing thing about this?

Andrea Lena's picture

...as brilliant as Lex Luthor is, in certain permutations in different scenarios and story arches? Lex still hasn't come up with a way to treat his baldness?

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Actually, he's tried several

Actually, he's tried several times, and IIRC, they all failed because he's bald due to dead hair follicles. They simply don't exist or are capable of growing hair. IIRC it's body-wide.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/