The track feature on the user page...

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I've found it useful to keep track of blogs and what not that I've replied to, just to see other comments. But I've noticed that almost all of my stuff says 'upadated' or in some cases 'new' and the stuff is neither one. It's been that way since my name change. Not really critical, but I was kind of wondering why it did that and hasn't reset itself yet...

Samantha

Probably

erin's picture

Probably because of the name change. That made the record different than before, so it marked it as new. And if you haven't gone and looked at it, it's still new.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Makes sense

That makes sense. The ones that I don't understand are the ones that read as 'updated'...

I'll go look at them so that I stop seeing 'new'.

Thanks
Samantha

updated

I believe that any time an author makes a change to a story, from removing an errant comma to a major rewrite, then it's marked as 'updated'. It'd be a lot of trouble to try and track only large changes, no?

Random things marked as 'updated'

Ok, I just had Chapter 34 of my story 'My Mistake' get marked as updated. I haven't touched it, what does it mean when that happens? I looked and didn't see any 'obvious' changes, so I'm confused. Maybe I should change my hair color to blond...

Samantha

That was me, Samantha

erin's picture

When I put things into sequence in the sidebar, it alters the record. Then later, apparently when the database is cleaned up, it sets the updated flag.

Hugs,
Erin

Oh,

Ok. That makes sense.

Samantha