Revising "Trial of the Phoenix"

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

My muse has been bugging me about my story "Trial of the Phoenix". What seems to be coming to my mind is either the beginning of a new story, or an epilogue to that one. The question I have is, which would you do if it was your story? Add to the current story, or start another?

The end of one story is the start of another

Either way, we'll be seeing more of her. :)

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Epilogues are like earth girls

Zoe Taylor's picture

... At least according to a Hollywood movie, anyway. :-D It's easier to add to an existing story than to rewrite it, BUT!

If you feel sufficiently that it needs a rewrite, you're well within your right as the creator. I know I've been thinking, for a few months now, about whether or not I should try re-writing my first novel using what I've learned since then, or waiting until I'm a better writer and tackling it then, so I can kind of understand where you're coming from too.

Ultimately it's up to you what you want to do with it, and I can see an easy case for either route ^_^

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

revision

kristina l s's picture

Always the authors prerogative. Couldn't sleep last night so I went in and read the first thing I posted here and the 3 follow up bits. There's a few things I might change and a few typos I noted but honestly I doubt I will. Yours is fresher of course so you could go either way and edit or add separate pieces on. Minor changes, just do it. Bigger stuff maybe post a separate Revised Edition. Or just do an add on, whatever woiks.

Entirely up to you, just be comfy with the direction you take.

Kristina

I would do what's fun for

I would do what's fun for you. Personally I really like stories that examine a character's reactions to gender changes. I think it would be especially interesting in the case of Phoenix, give his/her abusive history. How does she go on with her life?

I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be an entertaining read.

Hrist