discussion on GID in the medical community

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Apparently, there is a a review going on to determine if GID should be a mental disorder, as it currently is. Here is a link to a video on the the discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVuVEXiFsW8&feature=related

In itself it shouldn't be

Angharad's picture

unless it manifests as part of a deeper mental health issue. However, the issues which can arise through it, particularly depression, suicidal ideation and so on - are definitely those which at times need professional help.

Angharad

Angharad

The rejection ...

I agree Angharad. The GID got sorted easily. It is the continual rejection and cruelty of the family and christian community that makes life not worth living.

Interestingly, I have some LDS friends, and they have been accepting, gentle and loving to me. Of course, the LDS probably understand rejection as well as we do.

Much peace

Khadijah

Family

One thing I have learned from people here and elsewhere is to make an additional family from friends that you know and meet. I have an additional all new family from my local support group and from friends I have met here and at the southern comfort conference.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Don't be too sure on LDS

I read somewhere they have a manual specifically on dealing with GID issues and its not one based on acceptance.
Certainly not my LDS sister who has not spoken to me since.

They are a queer bunch those LDS

I have a coworker who became LDS in one evening(!) Kinda like 'getting' EST from the 70s and 80s in one evening. We were good friends and after I was laid off I he wanted to date me and basically it meant if you do not become LDS well then forget about marriage. Anyway, no they have hidden agenda,, and they would love to change you to suit them. That is the LDS way.

Kim

Are you saying that they'd want me to revert?

You know, there are 6 different sects of LDS. So you are saying that they make nice nice until they get you and then they expect you to grow a dick? Would this be yet another round of "healing" like Dobson and his Exodus International and exgay wakkos? I'd double damn sure off myself if they both wanted me to convert to LDS and revert to being male. Are you saying that this is what they'd say?

Change you to suit them

I do not think that means what you think it means :)

However, there's an idea for a story there...

"But, Brian! surely you realized that when we said we'd want you to change to become one of us, you must have known what we meant!"

Penny