Sequels

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I've been thinking about sequels. Sometimes, going back to familiar characters is wonderful, but sometimes, it just doesn't work. What do you guys think? What stories here would you like to see more of?

Hmm. Tough one!

I would LOVE to see a sequel to "Something Feels Strange", even though TiffQ has said she's done writing, dang it!
I think most of us would love to see a sequel to Maggie Finson's "Maiden By Decree", one of my favorite stories of all time! In that vein, also, I hope to see Tiffany Shar's 4th book in the "Standing Up To Life" series, which she has said will come out later this year. Oh, so many wonderful stories and characters I would absolutely love to see more of! I could go on and on, but let's not go there!

Wren

Sequels

To be safe, you should find a story of yours that calls for more, then ask the author of any story if you can do a sequel. Me, I'd like to se more of Te Center. There are so many stories that can be told about established characters. And anybody has permission to use any of my characters as long as I am asked .

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

HLCC

I often get request to do a followup on How Life Can Change because people wonder what happens to the mom and the baby. Also I notice a lot for The Christmas Diary. Usually when I am done with a story, I am done. The fact that I have a trilogy featuring Jenny amazes me, but her life always calls out for more.

K.T. Leone

My fiction feels more real than reality

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life

Funny you should say that -

Since my last submission, Embers Dying, Sparks The Flame, I'd actually concocted an outline of Rowan's daughter as she grew up to be an artist like her mother (which I posted under the header "The Time Has Come. " The Walrus said. )

Additionally, a friend who I showed my Nylon Stalker series to, suggested that it didn't need to end with her return, that Karen herself could continue to have adventures (hinted at in the Kolchak finale )

Way Zim.

I always and only write

I always and only write stories when I feel like it's the right time and I'm in the mood for them. If you just want it, it will work. If you don't want it and you force yourself to do it, it will definitely fail. That's my experience for myself. So just follow your instincts and it will be all good...

------------
"Die Gedanken sind frei / Sie fliegen vorbei
Kein Mensch kann sie wissen / kein Jäger sie schiessen
Mit Kugeln und Blei / Die Gedanken sind frei"

------------
"Die Gedanken sind frei / Sie fliegen vorbei
Kein Mensch kann sie wissen / Kein Jäger sie schießen
Mit Kugeln und Blei / Die Gedanken sind frei"

Nylon Stalker Lives On?

Despite my protests to the contrary, my characters just won't leave well enough alone ( or so it seems. )

As hinted at in the Kolchak finale, Karen Klein has at least one more supernatural adventure left in her. It would be definitely post Kolchak, in any case.

Also, I'd be writing irregularly, because of Real Life obligations, so this wrap up tale might take awhile to finish.

With Carl reduced to Memory, any further stories would simply be 'The Nylon Stalker. '

This tale will deal with the newlyweds on thier island honeymoon, and yet another ripple from the whole Carl/Karen affair.

Way Zim.

- As I said, Tanya’s mixed messages lead to some interesting chaos at times, but in this case there was more than a little truth behind her tart comment.
In this case, thankfully, what hesitation or doubts there’d been toward this prearranged match, it was resolved as Profs true quality was soon revealed.

“And what enchanted destination did you and he decide upon? “ I chuckled, recalling my bemusement at the seriousness in those bright hazel eyes when he’d suggested I be surprised.

“Well, Prof thought Ireland. “ she shook her head. “I told him that with the events of the past year, maybe we’d over-killed a bit on Magic? I advised something more mundanely Romantic. “

“Frankly, the Emerald Isles are pretty damn romantic - in an old world sort of way. “ I countered provocatively, still coming to grips with my missing time.

“You would think so, my pagan bride. “

My Stealth Scholar, he slyly gathered me up in that firm yet easy embrace which never failed to make me tingle. Of course that went hand in hand with an intimacy inherited rather than earned by this woman.

“But just this once, I agree with Tanya. It would be tempting Fate all too soon. So how’s two weeks in Jamaica sound? “

“I think I can live with that. “ I quipped, playfully leaning back into him in a manner not quite myself.
It was this odd underlay of memory, gradually seeping into my waking consciousness, which held most of the answers I sought. The remaining piece of the puzzle was to found in my well worn laptop.

The Nylon Stalker. Happy Go Loki