advice on transitioning

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Here is a link to some advice on transitioning:

http://www.dyssonance.com/?page_id=207

You should probably memorize it and meditate on it.

In my opinion, she offers some pretty good advice. I am not sure that I agree with the mood swings thing, because I think I always had them. Try to remember not to be self focused, and I say that because that has been a big problem for me, but with hard work it can be mostly overcome. My favorite tool is to call others to see if I can help them. It is what we are supposed to do anyhow, and certainly helps us TG Drama Queens. (This is personal experience).

I use the lowest dose of Estrogen that I can. Vivelle patches are expensive, but I like them best. I am told that Estrodial pills are hard on your liver and kidneys.

For me, I forget short skirts and skimpy tops unless I am inside and alone. Of course, I am 64 and nobody wants to see an old broad. :)

Gwendolyn

skirts

I'm 50 (plus) and my viewpoint is short skirts are for the young. Anyone older than 35 (ish) should be wary of short skirts being socially acceptable. Me, I like my old 60's style ankle length 'hippy skirts' (named by style not by colouration).

The mood swings happen mostly when estrogen levels change radically (in my experience anyways). I've learned how to deal with them in the same way as your average 16 year old teenager has... experience.

foxxe_bc.jpg
>> Foxxe Wilder >>

Good advice

She does give some good advice. Anyone going through the process should at least be aware of the things she listed. Especially the negative self thoughts (which is my biggest issue). Thanks for posting the link for us all.

Kudos!

Maybe it's just me and my paranoid mind but I seem to see more crossdressers and transvestites writing here than transgenders, and as such it is nice to know that I'm not alone here.

I've been transitioning since Sept 7th, 04 and found many of your points quite valid (and indeed have learned a few extra from your writings)

Keep up the good work hon. (BTW great rl pic!)

foxxe_bc.jpg
>> Foxxe Wilder >>