Big Closet slow

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Is anyone else having a very sssssssllllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww load speed on pages here at Big Closet? Other sites on the interweb seem to be normal, but everything here is taking 10+ seconds to load, and has been for a while now.

Yes I Agree

Seems like you click on a button and it takes forever to react???

Richard

Slow Bigcloset

I think it is partially a DNS lookup problem. It is taking too long to convert the Web address to the IP number (204.45.253.66).

Two other sites having the same problem ( although it is getting better at the moment) is amazon.com and nasa.gov

all my other bookmarks are loading at their usual speed.

P

I think you're right

Temporarily adding bigclosetr.us directly to my /etc/hosts seem to have improved the access time considerabily

Yeah, and I've noticed

The front page seems to have reverted to the old settings somewhat. Both the Blogs/Forums and the Recent Comments columns are shorter than they were, I'm guessing it's the original default settings before Erin altered things. Now that I think about it this occurred about the middle of last week, IIRC. As such, I expect Erin and Piper are working very hard behind the scenes to duck-tape everything back together. All I know how to do is stay the h**l out of the way and not joggle their elbows, so that is what I'll do.

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

This was why

Angharad's picture

there was no Bike last night, I couldn't get on the site.

Angharad

Figured it was summat like that

Better slow than not at all. Grateful for small mercies.

I agree; stay out of the way and let the experts get on with it.

S.

Big Closet slow

Due to traffic.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine