A question for Amazon and Hulu and other published authors

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I am curious where you got your cover art? I am thinking about selling my story Trailer Park Baby on Amazon, but have no idea where to get cover art.

Cover art

I'm no expert, but I tend to produce my own cover art for my stories - where possible.

I produced my own artwork for A Witch In Time and the other stories I have posted on mine and other websites (check it out here).

I have been told that the artwork for books is very important, but I think it's also down to the individual and either how confident they are with their own abilities, whether they have someone who will do it for them for nothing more than a mention, or how much they have to spend on getting someone else to do it.

I have a new cover on the way for Visions, which will (hopefully) be an e-book version of The Sight and will take the reader beyond where Second Sight currently stands. For me it all depends upon time and I would imagine that for many, it's either time, ability or finances.

If you need help, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Best of luck,

N

Cover art

It is extremely important to have nice cover art, especially if you want to escape the fray. It amazes me how many authors do poor or no artwork at all and wonder why their books don't sell.

I have all of my artwork done at Fiverr.com by a guy named idrewdesign I tried others but he comes through for me. Now, I did do the artwork for The Transsexual and the Cross, The Dress Punishment and The Wishing Blanket myself. All others are by him. Since it only cost five dollars, my suggestion is go to 4 people and have them submit you a cover. It's only 20 bucks. I will give you one warning, make sure your cover art is original. I had a nice cover for God Bless the Child but I wound up not using it because it was a recycled image and I want originality.

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life

Illustrated stories!

wive goes black

I publish on Smashwords, Amazon, Kindle, Fiction4All, etc.
and run my own websites where I create all the material.
http://sissytrain.com/Fpage/fpage.html

A good cover that can also be eye catching reduced
to 200 pixels is difficult esp for photographs. If your'e
competing in a page full of front covers like a regular
bookstore it might not work. So I do my own graphics
since I illustrate my stories anyway. If your'e not
artistic it might be worth hiring people. Many people
in the PI or China can do a good cover for a few hundred!

The human eye recognizes the human face and form from
very little input. Keep the color palette simple, close
to primary colors and even a small 100 pixel cover can
sell.

Secret Love

prom date gyrl

Vampire Vixens