Looking for story of fugitive turned unwitting gov't agent

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Hello,

I'm looking for a story I read ~3 years ago, about an MtF fugitive in a sci-fi dystopian future USA. The Main Char. is a man with great computer programming skills who gets a government-forced career/sex reassignment into a young, blonde, bimbo sort of entertainer (the title "Good-Time Girl" comes to mind). While being trained for that role and changing genetically, s*he becomes infatuated with an inmate from the nearby prison who is a resistance fighter. He says he can reverse the sex change if she helps him escape, which she does. He then has her pose as his secretary, going from city to city with fake IDs for his increasingly shady business. He reveals his true nature as a crime lord in time and ends up treating her as a sex slave. She hacks into his bank account using her great computer skills to blackmail him, and eventually is caught but not arrested.

It turns out the reassignment was planned only as a covert (FBI?) op to bring down the crime ring, because he had a fetish for partially transitioned shemales and they anticipated the MC would thus have access to his bank accounts, and was one of the few people who could hack them. They offer to make MC male again, but she prefers being female now and stays on as a real undercover agent.

Found it.

It's called "Reassignment". You gave enough details for me to narrow down the search terms.

Thank you! I tried many

Thank you! I tried many searches myself to no avail, but couldn't find this *undercover* story. Much appreciated!