new dynamic menu bar

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Is there a way to disable this new menu bar (or at least to keep it from staying visible everywhere)?
It overlays the first text line while reading a story and I'm used to just go back to the top of the page when I need some of the links.

Yes, it is disable able

erin's picture

Go into My Account and turn off the BC Community Menu by unchecking the box. You can also turn back on the other menu we had at the top by checking the box beside Header Links.

This is experimental, so don't hesitate to tell us about problems.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

menu bar

I just checked before I wrote my question. ;-)
I don't see "BC Community Menu" in the block configuration list under my account.
Header Links is still active, but I only see the "old" links on the main page, and there at the same time together with the new menu.

Martina

Community menu IS turn-off-able

erin's picture

We had a slight miscommunication here. It's fixed now and can be turned off.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I cant see how to turn it off

I cant see how to turn it off either.

i don't mind the menu at the top, but on mt big monitor due to so-so eyesight, it take up a huge amount of screen when it "detaches" and fills part of the top of the screen.

i could click "printer friendly version", but prefer the yellowish background for reading.

regards
Amanda

just noticed, it seems to be turned off

Menu bar

I don't like the dynamic menu bar either, and there is nothing in My Account that even hints at what you mention as to disable that menu bar.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

sorry Erin

I'm not particularly happy with it. It blocks my tablet screen totally when I'm typing. Hugs Taarpa

Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.

erin's picture

We've changed which one is on by default. If you leave things be, the site should be as it always was, but you can go in and turn on the old menu, or if you want one, more than the other, you can have it.

Hugs,
Erin

The Very Dynamic menu bar

Rhona McCloud's picture

An unnerving nuisance on my iPad mini which has come and gone it seems - unnerving because its movements don't coincide with my own rather like having someone playing with the mouse on a PC while I'm trying to scroll down a page. Hope the input helps

I did find the BC Community menu you mentioned (by clicking 'Edit' in my account and going to the list at the bottom of the page) which as it stands is the only one of a long list which is unticked

Rhona

Rhona McCloud