Something Feels Strange - 7

Printer-friendly version
Something Feels Strange…

Feels Strange

I lie down on the double bed that I have been sitting on throughout our long chat. I feel convinced that I am about to do the right thing. People are depending on me. I want to see if I can pull this off.

"Okay Mom. Call in the Wizards. I'll do it." I manage to get out before fading into a comfortable sleep.


Chapter 7: Girl Boot Camp Begins


"Sweetheart, time to wake up," I hear my mother's voice and feel a gentle shake.

I pull the pillow over my head and try to block out the noise. I am feeling sleep deprived.

That is, until I remember last night's dream/nightmare. The memory of the night floods my mind in an instant.

The pillow comes off, my eyes snap open and I find myself in a hotel room alone with my mother. So, it wasn't a dream after all.  I am almost afraid to investigate further.

Mom looks as if she just woke up after a night of too little sleep. She’s wearing a cotton night shirt that reaches to mid thigh. I am afraid to think about what I am likely to be wearing. I can feel some cloth bunched up around me.

"Mom?" I ask. "Last night wasn't a dream was it?"  The feminine voice is still with me.

"No, sweetheart," she replies with a smile, "it wasn't. You are now Kristina Jeffers. Welcome to the sorority.

"You should refer to me as Mrs. Quinn now, sweetheart." she coaches me. "For the next few months you are the niece of my good friend Jennifer Mercer. It is probably best to get in the habit now of not calling me ‘Mom’."

"So, Mrs. Quinn," This is going to take some getting used to! "what's next on the agenda?"

"Well, Dr. Quinn has just departed from home to take his son Chris to Scout camp." She says. "They should arrive here in about half an hour. Before they get here, however, we need to get you up and dressed for a long trip. You, Kristina, are going to Alaska today. It is time to give you your first girl lessons, so rise and shine!" She gives me a playful slap on the butt to get me going.

I toss off the covers and look down. I see a blue knit nightshirt twisted around my body. It looks like I am going to have to learn how to sleep in one of these. They are a lot different from my normal pajamas  normal pajamas don't ride up.

Sitting up on the edge of the bed, I mentally take inventory of the sensations. Most noticeably different is the looseness of my breasts. They are obviously unrestrained. While not big, as I recall from the shopping trip, they seem to be big enough to sway on their own as I sit up. My hair feels strange on my head. Reaching up I find that it is pulled back into a pony tail. It is secured with some kind of wide elastic band. I imagine that it is one of the scrunchie things that my sister leaves in the bathroom at home.

Before I go much further, I’m aware that my bladder is making it presence known.

"Mrs. Quinn, I need to go to bathroom." I announce. "Is there anything special that I need to know?"

"Rule number one: Sit down when using the toilet." She grins. "No more of that creepy standing up to urinate for you, my girl! Also, you will need to wipe yourself dry. When you do, start from the front and go backwards. Never go the other way, it can result in an infection in some rather sensitive places."

"I like standing to urinate." I pout. "It's quicker and easier"

"Not now." she replies, still grinning.

I head into the bathroom and close the door. Avoiding the mirror, I raise the lid on the toilet, lift the skirt of the night dress and sit down on the seat. I find that I am not wearing any underwear. The only thing I am wearing is this night shirt. Things just don't feel right. As I am prone to say, it feels strange.

First of all, whenever I have sat on the toilet to urinate previously, I have always had to use one hand to direct my penis so that things go the right direction. Now there is nothing to direct. I tried. Going hands free is a new experience.

The next problem is releasing the flow. Missing the muscles in my penis that control the flow, I am not entirely sure what to do, but whatever it is, I need to do it soon. The pressure is building. I try relaxing. That does the trick. Instead of coming out as a nice controlled stream, the urine comes out in more of a spray from an opening in between my legs. When done, I definitely feel wet all over my crotch. Yep. Nothing like the old way.

Grabbing a couple of squares of toilet paper, I start to stick my hand down between my legs. Brain central comes to life. Instead of screaming at my hands to stop, it is asking for more input regarding this unknown territory. It looks as if brain central got the memo from last night and has altered it's programming. We've changed teams. Time to learn the new system.

Continuing the process, I start by patting things down there. I am tentative about doing a more thorough investigation by wiping.

The first contact is strange. I'm not sure what I expected down there, having never done any homework on the subject. I first feel a smoothness, but find that the patting does not take care of the wetness. It seems to be under another layer. Pressing the paper against my crotch with a bit more firmness I notice a vertical slit that I push into and relieve the damp feeling. The arrangement down there is more complex than I would have thought.  I am curious and have to take a look.

I spread my legs more and crane my neck to get a look. I can't get a good view but, using my fingers as an aid, it appears that there are folds of flesh that conceal some delicate looking flaps of flesh. I remember mom's Mrs. Quinn'sinstructions and gingerly wipe from the top of the slit towards the back, taking care of the moist feeling. In the process I encounter another, larger, opening that wasn't there yesterday. That must be my new vagina, I surmise.

In the process of wiping, I touch a feature at the top of the slit that sends a pleasurable shiver up my spine.  What was that?

"How's it going in there Kris?" Mrs. Quinn calls through the door.

"Ah... Okay I guess," I reply. "Just trying to figure things out."

"You'll be getting more instruction on your new equipment later today, sweetheart," She informs me, "but we need to get going here. Dr. Quinn will be here very soon to take you to your flight."

I drop the paper in the bowl, stand up, and flush the toilet as my night shirt falls back into place.

I stand in front of the sink to wash my hands. Looking in the mirror, I see a pretty girl staring back at me. The same one that I saw in the store, but with studs in her ears. She is obviously just getting up. Her hair is pulled back and she is without makeup. She still looks cute. She is me, I remind myself. I think it is going to take some time to adjust to this new image.

Brain central, however, has been reprogramming for the new image all week. Every time during the past week that I looked at a girl's clothes and wondered what they would look like on my female self, this is the image that I have seen. I am not a total stranger to myself. It is just that I have not yet merged with the new image. We are getting there, though.

Turning to the full length mirror on the bathroom door, I get a better view of the girl. The night shirt she is wearing has 3/4 length sleeves and a modest Y neck a term that I learned from Laurie last week  the buttons that make the stem of the Y hold closed an opening that extends to a couple of inches below the breasts, kind of like a shirt opening. Over the left breast and chest are a spray of glittery stars around a crescent moon. The hem is around mid thigh. She looks nice. If I have to be a girl, at least I like the body that I have been given. The image in the mirror is what I have imagined Laurie to be like in a night shirt.

Thinking of Laurie snaps me out of my self admiration. A flash of anger goes through my mind while my heart feels sadness. I must have a talk with my former girlfriend; there has to be more to the story from her end. I want to hate her right now, but part of me wants to hear her side of the story in hopes that that our relationship has not been a total deception.

Mom knocks again on the door of the bathroom.  I open the door and she sees me looking at the mirror over the sink.

"So what do you think, Kris?" Mrs. Quinn asks. "You're pretty good looking."

"I don't know how I feel about it yet," I admit. "I guess being cute is good but I think I have a lot more thinking to do before I am comfortable with all this.  It is a pretty good disguise though.  I'm sure that no one will recognize me as Chris Quinn."

"Well one way to ease into change is to keep yourself busy so that you don't have to think about it too much at once," Mrs. Quinn informs me. "So, the first thing we need to do is to get you showered and dressed for the day. You will be seeing and feeling lots of new things as we do this. Try to look beyond those sensations and focus on the task at hand. Your subconscious can sort out the details for later analysis.

"Kris, the first thing you need to do is to get out your night shirt and into the shower," she instructs. "Use the plastic shower cap on the counter to cover your hair. We don't have time for working on your hair right now, and anyway, you had it washed just a few hours ago. Do you need help getting into the shower, sweetheart?"

"Ah... no," I reply, "I think that I can take care of it."

"Don't take too long, Kris," She reminds me, "time is short right now."  There is that time thing again.  There never seems to be enough of it.

Closing the door, I try last weeks trick. I turn my back on the mirrors and close my eyes as I pull the night shirt over my head. I realize that I need to open my eyes to negotiate the shower. I studiously ignore my new body as I put on the shower cap, grab a washcloth off the towel rack, step into the shower and close the curtain. My new body is hard to ignore. The hips and legs move a differently from what I am used to, the breasts bounce around, and my butt feels too big. It feels downright strange.

As the warm water strikes my body, other new sensations flood brain central with new input. All to be cataloged for further review at a future time.  As we know, there is not enough time right now.

First of all, my skin seems much more sensitive than before in a good way. The water feels almost as if it is caressing my body like never before.

Next the water slides down my body uninhibited by hair of any type except around my crotch. I was never a real hairy guy, but I am now a hairless gal. The feel of the water sliding over my skin is particularly noticeable on my newly waxed legs.

I also notice that I am shorter; the tub seems to be a bit bigger than it should and the shower nozzle is higher than I am accustomed to.  The extra room is nice in this small hotel shower.

Getting with the program, I lather up the wash cloth using a bar of soap and start running it over my new body. Wow.

Reminding myself that now is not the time for self exploration, I start to quickly clean the body surfaces. When I encounter the breasts, my hands seem a bit reluctant, but push through the process. The breasts, on the other hand, send signals of pleasure back to brain central, asking for more. The request is denied – with some reluctance.

Running the cloth over my hips and butt, I start to get a feel for just how much things have changed. The waist is noticeably smaller, but the rear end is large and rounded. It feels larger than it looked in the mirror. Almost like a built in pillow. More information to catalog.

The legs feel incredibly smooth as I wipe the soapy cloth up and down them. The shape has changed dramatically here also. My thighs are larger and taper to a feminine knee and my feet seem dainty compared my old ones.

Eventually, I have nothing left to clean but my crotch. I am not sure about going there without taking more time to explore and understand the unexpected complexity of that region. I settle for running the cloth over the outer folds then spreading my legs a bit to let water flow over the region in a general rinse. I need to read the owner's manual before getting into more detail here.

Finishing the shower, I turn off the water. Opening the curtain, I grab a towel and start to rub myself dry after taking off the uncomfortable shower cap. Ouch! The towel seems too rough for this new skin. I change to patting myself dry. Patting is not as efficient as a good rub, but it feels better. I am starting to understand why my sisters take so long in the shower.

"Kris," Mrs. Quinn (I am already missing Mom) calls through the door, "Dr. Quinn is waiting for us in the lobby. He wants to skip the continental breakfast here and take us to the IHOP restaurant just up the road by the mall. I like that idea, but we need to get moving, sweetheart."

"I'm doing the best I can, Mrs. Quinn." I reply.  "I'll be out in just a minute."

I try wrapping the towel around me like I have seen my sisters do as they dart from the shower to their rooms. I will need to work on the technique, but manage to do a creditable job before opening the bathroom door.

I see that Mom Mrs. Quinn has been going through my suit cases. There are a selection of clothes laid out on my bed.

"I don't suppose you know that much about girls' clothes yet," she explains, "so I have selected two coordinating outfits for you to choose from. While you are getting dressed, I'll take a quick shower then help you with your makeup."

She disappears into the bathroom and I face the clothing. Part of me wishes that she had just given me something to wear so that I didn't have to think about it. I guess that this is part of easing me into being a girl.

One outfit consists of the tiered skirt, a turquoise top with a Y neckline that is gathered under the breasts and has short sleeves of moderate length. There is underwear and pantyhose set out to go with it.

The other outfit is the more comfortable pair of jeans that I picked out last week. The chosen top, is definitely girly. It has vertical lines, not quite strips, of black, magenta another color that I learned about in the past weekand white. It has a black empire contrast band just below the breasts no one ever accused me of being a slow learnerand rather girly flutter sleeves. The neckline is scooped rather modestly. This outfit has a different set of underwear to go with it.

Okay... I need to start thinking like a girl here. I am not real sure how to do that just yet, but I might as well try. The trouble is that I have never been around a girl as she goes through the clothing selection process. Sure, I have been subjected to 'What do you think of this?' and 'Do you think that this makes my butt look too big?' minefield questions for guys but I never actually chosen an outfit for a girl to wear.

I know that I am going to be meeting my new family soon. I ought to look goodfirst impressions are important. The skirt combination would probably be best for that. The problem is that I don't know how to pull off wearing a skirt yet. That might be too big of a step for now. The jeans, on the other hand are closer to familiar territory.  They would also be what a typical tomboy girl would wear. So the jeans it is.

I think, however, that I will go with the turquoise top instead of the girly top. They are both definitely feminine, but the turquoise one seems like a smaller step in the girly direction. After all, I am supposed to be a tom boy. The turquoise actually looks good with the jeans anyway..

Dropping the towel (and trying to ignore the naked body), I grab the panties lying by the jeans. They are cotton and rise a little higher than the bikini panties I wore last week. They are more like the hipsters that Marla put me in last week. Fortunately these are not pink. They are an ivory color. They have an elastic waistband that with the manufacturer's name repeated around it. They go on easily. I run my hand over the crotch. Something that I never would have dreamed of doing a week ago. It feels extraordinarily strange to feel the smoothness, or should I say, lack of feature, down there.

The bra is a plain cotton bra from the same manufacturer. It almost feels like T-shirt material. Remembering last week's lesson, I clasp the hooks in front of me before turning it around and slipping my arm through the straps. Leaning over, I settle the breasts into the cups, resisting the urge for more self-investigation.

Phase I is complete. Now for the next layer..

Grabbing the jeans, I slip them on. The feel on my smooth legs is very different. A good different.  The fact that these jeans fit closely to my new shape adds to the new feelings. I run my hands over my rear end. I can't quite get over the change in shape back there.

I hear the water turn off in the shower room. I better get moving.

Next comes the top. Fortunately the fabric is heavy enough, so I don't need a camisole. I pull on the top to adjust it over the breasts. The darn buttons are going to take some time to get used to. I need to do some research to find out why buttons are backwards on girls clothes.

About this time the bathroom door opens and mom (Mrs. Quinn, sorry!) steps out still toweling herself dry. She is naked. I am stunned. Eventually, both of us realize that I am staring at her. I quickly advert my eyes while blushing mightily. She giggles..

"I guess that you haven't seen a lot of naked women, have you?" she asks.

"Ah... no." I reply..

"That's good for the old Chris.  But now that you have changed teams it is time to start getting used to it. You will be around naked, or at least partially naked, girls a lot this summer and you need to be comfortable with it. You will be going into girl's bath and locker rooms. It won't be too much different from what you did as a guy, only with girls this time." She explains as she digs through the overnight bag that she brought with her, selecting her clothing for the day.

I occupy myself with putting on the socks that were set out with the jeans. The socks have alternating purple and green strips.

I desperately try to act nonchalantly while mom slips into lacy black panties and matching bra. These are followed by pair of black slacks and a purple top with a square neckline and short sleeves. She pulls on some very short black nylons that go up to her knees then puts on some black shoes with a low heel.

By this time I have my socks on and my new running shoes and am trying to get the rest of my clothes back into the suitcases. I notice that my clothes from last night are already packed.

While we are finishing dressing, Mom comments on my selections for the day.

"I'm impressed," she says. "I thought you would just go with one of the outfits that I chose. I expected you to pick the jeans, but why the switch in tops?"

"The other one seemed more girly than this one." I explain. "I am a tomboy, you know, so I feel more comfortable in this one." More comfortable is a relative term. None of this feels right yet.

"The top works well with those jeans," she says approvingly. "We just need to work on make up and jewelry and we will be all set. I guess, that the guys can come up now."

Guys? What 'guys'? I thought that it was just dear old Dr. Quinn down there.e.

Mom pulls out her cell phone and speed dials Dad. "How is my favorite hunk holding up?" She asks when he answers. My parents have the sappy relationship that it embarrassing for us kids. "We are decent now. Come up to room 210 and have Joe bring his identity stuff up."

Before I can ask questions, she drags me into the bathroom along with a pink bag that she pulled out of my backpack. "Time for us to get beautiful" she says enthusiastically.

She hands me my new hairbrush and gives me instruction on brushing techniques. We end up holding some of the hair back with a clip like Sam did last night.t.

She follows up the hair brushing by handing me a cotton pad soaked with some fluid. "This," she explains, "is the cleanser." I wipe my face thoroughly. This is followed by a moisturizer.

About this time there is knock at the door. Mrs. Quinn lets the two men in, directing Joe to set his stuff up on the small desk in the corner. Dr. Quinn has a seat in the sofa chair by the window after giving his wife a six-second kiss.

That's right. A six-second kiss. Somewhere the two of them got the idea that their marriage would be better if they shared a six-second kiss every time they meet or part – it seems to be working. Mom is usually the time keeper. Sometimes the kiss seems more like six minutes to those watching. Six seconds of bliss for them. Six minutes of embarrassment for us kids.  I'd tell them to get a room, but since we are in one, I am afraid of what else they might do.

Mrs. Quinn returns to the bathroom as I finish with the moisturizer.

She quickly catches up to me in the face cleaning process.

"We don't have time for you to experiment with applying your own make up this morning, so I'll show you what I do on my face first, then I will do the same for you. Watch closely," she directs.

She follows approximately the same procedure shown me by Samantha. It takes about 10 minutes for her to get the two of us 'looking beautiful', as she calls it. I am impressed. The makeup is almost as magical as the gender transformation. The makeup takes the cute girl and makes her significantly more attractive without calling attention to itself.

I am not given time to dwell on the new look. Mrs. Quinn clasps a necklace around my neck, sprays my neck with some perfume, and puts me in front of a digital camera. Joe takes several head shots. In a matter of moments, I am handed a laminated military dependent ID card in the name of Kristina Marie Jeffers with an Anchorage, Alaska address. I am told that the paperwork is all legitimate and was previously filed without the image. The finalized document is emailed to the appropriate place.

Looking closer at the image on the card, I notice the necklace that Mrs. Quinn had put on me before shoving me in front of the camera. It is THE necklace. You know the one. It has the gold running shoe charm.

The chain is too short for me to see the charm while wearing it, so I go to look into the mirror.

"Mom?" I ask. "Oh, sorry, Mrs. Quinn? Why do I have Laurie's necklace?"

"Actually, Kris, it is yours." She explains. "Laurie has only been borrowing it all week. She asked me to give it back to you. She asked me to tell you that she hopes that you won't be too mad at her."

"We do have a few issues to work out." I grossly understate with a frown. "I don't know if I should wear this because it reminds me too much of how she has deceived me. I can't believe that she deceived me for so long."

"Are you sure that her feelings for Chris aren't genuine?" she asks.

"They didn't start out that way, if your story is true," I point out. "How can I be sure that the whole affair hasn't been a charade?"

I decide to leave the necklace on for now.w.

While I am getting my ID card, Mom is packing our clothes. I should keep her around as a lady's maid, I think. She is very efficient.

As Joe packs up his equipment, I note that he has not said a single word throughout this whole affair.  He didn't say anything last night either.  He quietly leaves when his things are packed.

As Joe leaves, Mrs. Quinn presents me with my first purse. It is made of brown leather and has a thin shoulder strap. It is not large and feels heavy for its size. Opening the purse, I am confronted with a myriad of items all neatly and efficiently crammed into the purse. Most of the contents are recognizable, but some will take more investigation than we have time for right now to determine what they are.

I pull a small wallet out of the purse and find a place for the ID card. I also find a debit card and several hundred dollars in cash in the wallet. Well! Things are looking up.

I also pull out a cell phone. It is a smart phone with a small keyboard, not the full QWERTY keyboard, but better than fighting the number keys when texting. Starting up the phone, I see that it has the full data package. You know, internet and email. The memory is already loaded with lots of music.  I'll have to check that out when there is time. The address book and calendar have quite a few entries also. The number has a 907 prefix. That must be Alaska. I am about to geek out over the telephone when Dr. Quinn drags me back from the brink.

Dear old Dad has been watching me closely since he came in the room. Seeing an opening in the chaos, he addresses his wife.e.

"So, this is Jennifer's niece Kris?"

"Yes," she replies. "Don't you think that she turned out well? Kris, this is Dr. Baden Quinn. My hunky husband."

"Hi, Dr. Quinn," I say with surprisingly mixed emotions. My Dad and I have always been pretty close. It is hard to step outside the family circle.

I think he sees my sadness. He steps forward and wraps me in a hug.

Speaking to the old me, he says "Chris, I'm sure you are in this beautiful girl somewhere. Let me tell you that we will miss you this summer. But we would have missed you more if you had left us for those Boy Scouts. We still love you and will be there if you need anything at all. Remember that!  We look forward to your return in August.  I am already feeling the need for some male support in our heavily female dominated home."

Mom joins the hug, after giving Dad a poke in the ribs for that last comment. I blink back a few tears, feeling loved. It is nice to know that my real family is not abandoning me.

"It is okay to cry a little." Mom tells me when she sees me holding back. "You're a girl now. One of the benefits of being a girl is that you can show emotion."

A few tears do find their way down my cheeks.s.

"The only problem with crying" she observes, "is that you have to fix your makeup afterwards."

She drags me back into the bathroom, where she shows me how to touch up my makeup from the repair kit found in the purse.

---------

A thousand thanks go to Gabi for her continued editing support.  Her efforts have made this much better than it would have been.

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, really?

Brain central, however, has been reprogramming for the new image all week. Every time during the past week that I looked at a girl's clothes and wondered what they would look like on my female self, this is the image that I have seen.

Sounds like somebody has been altering his way of thinking. Mind control, anyone? This puts lie to the "choice" he was given. No free will, no free choice.

And this part sounds ominous:

Let me tell you that we will miss you this summer. But we would have missed you more if you had left us for those Boy Scouts.

BTW, if Chris had any balls, he would have immediately taken off the necklace. But in addition to lacking the proper hardware, he no longer possess the software to resist what has been done to him.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Mind control? Not directly!

I do not believe that there is a direct mind control or manipulation involved.

In the previous chapter, where Chris is briefed about the process and mission, it was stated emphatically, that the transformation process affects only the biological part but not the intellectual and emotional part of a person. However, the experiences lived on either side do get integrated into the whole.

So, the six hour super-intensive female shopping experience, that btw was an emotional minefield for Chris, is having an effect on Chris' reasoning and outlook as it is being integrated into his persona/character as a whole. That integration process has been well explained during the briefing in chapter 6.

The behaviour of the ladies in chapter 1, gave the strong impression of a coven of witches trying to help TG M2F persons, and missing the mark with Chris, who has no T-interest in his previous life experience. OTOH, especially sister Marla, gives the initial impression of militant feminists out to get revenge on the males of the species. Though her backing down after seeing the genuine confussion of her "brother" Chris, kind of dispells that idea. And the briefing in chapter 6, indicates to me, that Marla is as much a "victim" of the mission as is her brother Chris. Since both are still minors in the eyes of the law.

The shower scene in this chapter - where Kris still has to close her eyes in order to deal with the taboo of seeing a naked woman outside of marriage - is another indication of the lack of mind control. And it also shows that Chris/Kris has a strong character and a solid set of good moral values. As has been hinted at by the panic modes of "brain central" in the previous chapters, and the repeated statements by Chris' reasoning that intimate privacy (especially cross-gender) is a basic human right and obligation.

I do like Chris' analogy with the potato chip, that if you get just a small taste of something, then you will most likely want to have more until you satisfy your hunger/need. And that is what I think is happening here. Chris got one little taste (albeit a very intense taste) of femininity and has become curious about the female world and worldview. Given the strong moral values Chris has expressed in the previous chapters, he sees this experience as an oportunity to learn about and try to understand the way of women.

Yes, the story so far has pushed a bunch of buttons for many people. Yes, there are indications of forced-fem. Yes, there are indications of mind control. But I believe that is not the case (see my reasoning above), and, until I get clear evidence to the contrary in later chapters, I believe that Chris will be a better person and spouse for this experience.

Jessica

P.S. The story so far, is so captivating, that I am having problems putting it aside for real life issues.

"In the previous chapter...

Daphne Xu's picture

"In the previous chapter... it was stated emphatically, that the transformation process affects only the biological part but not the intellectual and emotional part of a person." The point, of course, is that they could be lying.

-- Daphne Xu

Good Attention to Detail

I like the introduction to feminity that Kris is now undergoing. This is one of the reasons I wasn't too frustrated at the beginning of the tale when everyone else was. For some insane reason, this is reminding me of an old Dobie Gillis TV show. I can just picture Dobie in one of his soliquies telling us "My mom and Zelda turned me into a girl". Keep up the good work Tiff.

Michelle

Very good

It's a much better story now we get down to the meat and bones. I like this chapter very much keep up the good work.

I agree with Chris, I would have a hard time trusting his ex girlfriend.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

The bad news

Chris has to live under the same roof all summer with the girl that deceived and betrayed his trust. I wonder if the Stockholm Syndrome is going to kick in.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

YEAH!!!!! Stockholm!

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

That's in Sweden right?? Tall, busty, blue eyed, blonde, Swedish girls, I LOVE it!

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Where's the steamy self-gratification shower scene???

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hey Tiff,

Nicely done!!!!!!! Ok so my fantasies remain unfulfilled, POOP. Good story-telling. Chris/Kris is a very lovely person.

Please post more soon? I'm VERY happy you are telling your story YOUR way!

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Issues....

Yes, it may be well written and full of details, but once you look past Tiff's preferred exploration of the feminine, it's a story of forced-transformation and mind-control of a 'minor' - pure and simple. Dispite the "Voluntary" tag, there is nothing 'voluntary' about the story.

Chris has had his existance ripped from him without his initial knowledge, input or consent. Since this is TG fiction, we all know the final outcome & that Kris will remain after all is said and done, but I betcha it's not of her own free-will but rather a direct result of her conditioning.

His mother's lame explanation at the hotel, was only offered after he'd been at the salon (where his appearence was made feminine, even if he reverted to Chris) and was nothing more than double-speak, designed to keep him off-guard like the shopping trip.

His 'voluntary' decision was made 'under the influence' of his week-long conditioning and the drugs. Taking away self-will is not giving him a choice. It's only making him THINK he has a choice, but he really doesn't.

One could only assume if he were drugged going into the beauty salon, he was still under the influence even when 'he' awoke, only to have those same drugs put him under at the hotel. Otherwise how do they work? Like on a timer with a period of being awake & refreshed between naps?

Dr. Quinn was also a victim. He was 'asleep' on the couch for the shopping trip & had never seen Kris before this chapter.... yet he'd been conditioned to accept it. Probably received nightly sessions as did Chris.

Also, unless Chris finds the (mental) 'balls' and escapes her 'friends' and/or the 'bad guys', I don't see how "Disguises" (that implies he has the power to remove Kris at any time & return to being Chris - then put 'her' back on when required), "In Hiding" or " On the Run" can apply.

Unfortunately, Chris/Kris knows (s)he can't trust anyone anymore... the Quinn family, Jenifer Mercer & her daughter or count on getting any help from the lab and/or the Wizards.

"Romance" is a stretch unless Kris ends up being heavily involved with a guy (Surprise!!). Guess you can say that's another reason Kris sticks around. Now that Chris/Kris is aware of Laura's role in all of this, I can't see either Kris or Chris getting invloved with her again.

Another mystifying one is "Girdles". What does a 16yr old girl need with a girdle unless she's disguised as an elderly lady at some point.

I guess what it boils down to is getting the tags to reflect the story contents & call it what it is.

partly maybe

kristina l s's picture

I'll go with you on the whole manipulation of trust and Cris' good nature. The whole thing of pushing the time angle to keep him off balance and go with the flow which presumably the transformation aids as an adaptation/survival mechanism. I do not believe there is any evidence at all Dad was drugged and nor was Chris in the sense you mean. The grogginess was simply being transformed and taken while recovering to the salon. I do keep expecting a bit of a blow up as Kris now reacts to all the deliberate manipulation. Calling his Mum Mrs Quinn for example and only being very slightly saddened by that. I don't quite get the , 'we'd miss you more at the Scouts camp', idea either. I mean yes 'he' will be around in a sense, but not in a true sense. The 'girlfriend' is trickier and living together will not be easy at least I think it would not be.

Does Kris stay or does Chris come back? I don't know and logically you might think he would, but then we are here so maybe not. Why, whichever way it goes we shall have to see. It's all very trust us we know what's best and yet how can you without suitable information. The old need to know is fine up to a point, but Chris should have been given much more knowledge of why and how instead of vague half explanations. It is all explained in the story but perhaps not totally to my satisfaction. Still, that's part of the deal, to see where it goes and why. I guess I expect some serious introspection at some point, when 'she' has the time of course.

Kristina

I agree ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

with the above. The reason I do is that, to me, he is accepting this change and explanation way too calmly and agreeably for it to be anything other than prior conditioning. It seems to me he's making decisions that he thinks are his own based on conditioning that's already been done to him. From what I've read so far, if he forgives Laurie I would think it's because he's been conditioned to - THEY have decided he needs to accept that "she" and Laurie are now girlfriends because THEY have decided that "she" needs to accept Laurie's part of "her" training.

I don't believe you intend the story to be perceived the way I and others do, so I am anxious to see where you take it ... and I AM enjoying all the "girl lessons".

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Drugged...

By suggesting Dr. Quinn and/or Chris was drugged, I meant in terms of inducing a deep sleep.

The morning after the initial shopping trip, it seemed unusual to hear the father's account of the previous evening. A deep sleep would, in the father's case, keep him out of the loop while allowing access to provide a level of 'conditioning' for his un-questioned acceptance. The author has also has stated that a deep sleep is required to initiate the transformation process.

It's also been revealed that the 'Wizards' have to be physically around to monitor the transformation, so I would assume they begin the process by putting Chris into a deeper sleep more consistant for their purposes. Explanation of the 'Wizards' has shown that they themselves are not magic, but they rely on that knowledge to make potions or drugs to enable a non-magic person to effect certain events. That suggests to me that it's also drug-induced as well to achieve the required level of deep sleep.

While I do agree it's stated that Chris' initial groggy-ness at the beauty salon is a result of coming out of the transformation, what puts him under when the transformation is about to be reversed? Even at the hotel, he became very sleepy shortly after her told his mom that he'd do it.

Another thing Tiff mentions is that initially Chris' parents were opposed to his going to Scout Camp, then very suddenly and unexplicably, endorsed it. In Dad's case, what happened to change his mind if it wasn't sleep-programming? It would also likely be done following a drug-induced deep-sleep to ensure he didn't prematurely awaken for any reason.

Mom has always hit me as one of the ring-leaders of the whole project. The other two of the junta calling all the shots, would be Jenifer Mercer and Laurie. The rest of the "company's" resources (the Wizards and Joe) appear to be at the ladies discretion.

PB

Motive, means, and opportunity

I think alot of folks here had their buttons pushed by the first bunch of chapters, including me. Self-determination is a very important part of my value system, and the way Chris was treated from the very start put my teeth on edge and made me wonder if there was something more.

However, there are too many elements of this story that make a "forced feminization" scenario unlikely. Yes, there was a conspiracy, and Chris was tricked and lied to, and I'm STILL unhappy with the way a nice kid was manipulated into a dangerous position. But we're still lacking some pieces that would make our "conspirators" evil witches who want to convert an essentially nice boy into a girl and give him away to some family in Alaska when the summer is through. Let's take a look at those old standards, motive, means, and opportunity -- the three things a prosecutor needs to convince a jury that someone is guilty of a crime.

First, motive. WHY do this to Chris? They don't hate men as men ... the fact that Chris still has a Dad proves that, and his father doesn't seem to be submissive or beaten down in any way. If the mission Chris is going on is genuine, and we have no reason to doubt its authenticity at this point, the women who were at the core of this transformation don't seem to have any other reason to transform him this way, or keep him like this when the summer is gone.

Second, means. The mission HAS to be genuine, or this agency that mixes science and magic would never have become involved and the women would not have this ability to change Chris even if they all secretly wanted to for years. Also, the existence of Joe and his ability to provide authentic identification supports the existence of this agency and its mission. So if the mission is genuine, Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one. This IS all about the mission, and not some misguided vendetta against our intrepid hero/heroine.

Third, opportunity. Chris has been with these people (except for his "girlfriend") all his life. If they HAD the means before, they could have converted him any time during his life up to this point, yet they did not. This supports the contention made in the previous paragraph, that they lacked the means to do this at any previous point, making the mission genuine and their impetus NOT to transform Chris for the sake of transforming Chris. And since by all accounts, he was chosen as a candidate for this mission precisely because he's a good boy, so there would be no reason prior to this point to want him to continue to be anything but male.

I'm STILL disliking how he was treated (and would seriously like to put some hurt on that girlfriend for betraying his trust), but all I'm seeing at this point is a bunch of people who really need to rethink how they treat others and an author who put some elements into the early chapters without realizing how many buttons she'd be pushing if she did. *grin*

Looking forward to seeing where this is going!

Randalynn

Good Intentions... but...

While I don't dispute the legitamecy of the 'mission', nor the intentions of the ladies or the 'agency' involved, for me and probably others.... the "Forced" in "Forced Transformation" comes from how it was done and not from the motive.

In mom's explanation, she talked about how it should've been handled, how it was meant to have been handled. Apparently due to circumstances surrounding the mission, it wasn't. That should've cause the need-to-know policy to be dropped and Chris to be fully 'briefed'. Instead, they carried on with their plans to take an innocent, unwary teenage civilian, transform his sex, mess with his mind in an attempt to alter his gender or at least his mental processes (temporarily, they hope - they aren't sure if the effects can be reversed - unlike the physical changes) and place him as a female, undercover in a potentially harmful situation.

In effect, this messing with Chris' mind or 'conditiong' or 'programming' if you will, is nothing more than 'brainwashing - removing his free-will to make informed and logical decisions for himself by overriding them with their ideals in a way that made his mind believe they were his own. There is now a huge risk that his 'conditioning' is/has directed him to make the decisions he had - and that was ignored!

He was only 'briefed' of all this AFTER the trip to the beauty shop give him a feminine appearence that would (for an argueable short-term) remain even if he said "no!" and was allowed to revert back to himself. Notice that Tiff put great emphasis on his very feminine arched eyebrows, implying he would appear very feminine even as Chris and how much that thought apparently played on his decision to remain Kris.

Everyone involved had the entire week that elapsed between the shopping trip and his 'final transformation' to properly 'brief' Chris, but for unexplained reasons, ignored that opportunity.

I believe Tiff stated earlier that she wasn't concerned about the actual mission, but rather to explore Chris' feelings when transformed. She could've had the same story even if she didn't have the "Forced" element to it, but rather followed the stated recruitment process the mom outlined 'should've happened' and let Chris agree before any programming or physical transformation occurred. Afterall, it still was a very tempting cloak-n-dagger adventure to a 16 year old.

If buttons are being pushed, at least in my case, it's for that reason. As many have said before me, for any author to be able to get their readers that involved, for any story... they must be doing something right...

PB

The eyebrows ...

... could have been shaved off the rest of the way, and a guy as bright as Chris could have come up with a reason why his eyebrows were gone -- particularly at a Scout camp, where a lecture about the need for safety when dealing with open flames would not be unexpected. I don't think the trip to the salon was a particularly important piece in the reasoning behind Chris's acceptance of the mission.

However, you're absolutely right about the rest of it -- none of them seem to understand just how dangerous it is to mess with someone's life and mind for a few months and then expect them not to be affected by it. The very thought of magic in the hands of an agency so short-sighted and potentially uncaring is as dangerous as open flames and an open can of lighter fluid -- and the rest of Chris is very likely to follow his eyebrows in the resulting explosion of his sense of who he is.

All we can do is wish Chris well, and hope he survives his trip "through the looking glass." And if he doesn't, I hope his mom and dad, his sister, and that so-called "girlfriend" mourn the passing of a pretty neat kid because they didn't think things through before conning someone they claim to love into a place where he wound up losing himself.

Randalynn

Yes, but...

I don't think the trip to the salon was a particularly important piece in the reasoning behind Chris's acceptance of the mission.

Only in the sense that visit reinforced his 'female' mindset at the time and that may of influenced that small part of the decision. The eyebrows did seem to figure into 'her logic' when Chris told 'his' mom of 'his' decision to go through with it.

All we can do is wish Chris well, and hope he survives his trip "through the looking glass." And if he doesn't, I hope his mom and dad, his sister, and that so-called "girlfriend" mourn the passing of a pretty neat kid because they didn't think things through before conning someone they claim to love into a place where he wound up losing himself.

Technically, as implied by the story, Chris does have another option once August or the end of the mission, rolls around. Kris Jeffries doesn't have to remain. She doesn't have any family she's met, yet Kris does have the Quinns, her biological family... and the Mercer's. Given the possible direction of the relationship with Laura, the Mercer's might not be such a good option.

However, if Kris is left so mentally female that when it comes time to revert to Chris Quinn (male), for whatever reason ... whether it be a decision influenced by her programming or the actual free-will of Chris Quinn ... that that 'he' would rather remain female, Chris could request that the Wizard's 'release' Kris Jeffries, temporarily allowing 'her' to revert back to Chris Quinn and make up a potion or whatever, from Amanda, her husband & Marla - just as they did when they concocted 'whatever' from Jenifer & Laura that resulted in Chris Quinn becoming Kris Jeffries. The end result would be the Quinn's biological 16 yr. old daughter.

The relationship as it would currently stand between Kris and Laura (good, bad or ugly) would continue unchanged and Kris would be back with 'her' real family. If the agency (Joe) could fix up legal ID for a fictitious Kris including bank acct & military dependant ID (Tiff revealed the real Jefferies only had a son), you'd think they could alter the necessary documentation (school records, driver's licence, etc) for Kris Quinn.

The Quinn's would still be left with the 'problem' of explaining Chris's exit from the scene, if he decided to remain female.

Just a randon coment ...

PB

Is the lure ... ?

Is the lure of femininity so powerful that Chris, after spending sixteen years as a male, is going to be convinced to jump sides after three months as a female?

I can see Kris wanting to remain Kris at the end of the three months, but she is bright enough that she'll probably agree to becoming Chris for a few weeks before making a final decision.

If the fact that she has a fully female brain reinforces the allure of femininity, then going back to a male brain is likely to reassert the sixteen years of male life.

Those of us who would like to try the feminine side may find it difficult to believe that she would want to change back, but I'm sure that a trans man would have the opposite belief.

I'm not worried about Chris/Kris being 'ruined' or making the wrong decision. After all is said and done, he/she will make an informed decision based on data that is more complete than most of us have at our disposal.

By the way, I can understand and forgive Laura for taking on the mission she was given. After all, when she agreed, she didn't know Chris from Adam. Also, all she was told to do is to get close enough to assess his suitability.

It doesn't look like she became his girlfriend purely to accomplish her mission. She may have been aggressive about getting close to him for the mission's sake at first, but it really looks like she has genuine feelings for him. If not, she is a really good actress.

Ray Drouillard

Well done!

This is the explanation we have all been waiting for. The hardest question for Kris right now is; was Laurie's affection for Chris genuine? I guess we'll find out. The reason men's shirts and coats fasten to the right is because in earlier centuries the men were right handed, and needed that hand for swordfighting, or using a firearm when they became available. So the men would tuck their right hand inside of their coats or outer wear to keep it warm in the winter. Since women didn't swordfight, or use firearms, it wasn't necessary to alter their clothing.

I really like reading this chapter, and now I will read chapter 8 and 9.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,

Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Girl Boot Camp

Puts me in the mind frame to expect the drill instructors to be Carol Brady, or even Roseanne Barr. with Bety Crocker and Julia Childs as camp cooks. But Alaska? She will get frozen!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

the problem with crying

"The only problem with crying" she observes, "is that you have to fix your makeup afterwards."

which is why I dont wear any

DogSig.png

And they're off.

Daphne Xu's picture

I really hope that Chris, now Kris, doesn't regret this -- or get caught up in something evil involving "national security". And I'll decide what's evil, not the story, thank you.

-- Daphne Xu

Girl 101

This is where this story gets interesting.