A Week In The Life Of Mikey Nolan Aged 14

Printer-friendly version
Mikey gets more than he bargained for when his sister and girl-friend turn the pressure on ...

A Week In The Life Of Mikey Nolan
Aged 14

By Kim Johns


 
 
Monday
 
I woke up with a shock, realising my sister had been shouting at me from the kitchen for some time. The bedside clock was either wrong or I had some fast moving to do if I wanted to get to school on time!

I almost fell over on the landing in my mad rush to get to the bathroom, yelling down the stairs that I was on my way. Janey said something that I didn’t hear. I don’t think it was complimentary.

As I soaped myself under the shower I mentally bemoaned the fact that mum had gone away for the week. She’d left on Saturday morning, and it was only Monday now! While Janey, who at fifteen was a year older than me, was pretty good at looking after my welfare, she felt she had rather more important things to do most of the time than be my slave! She cooked a mean breakfast, though, and I didn’t want to miss it!

Dashing back into my bedroom still dripping I scrabbled through the drawers for clean underwear. Shit! No underpants. Now what was I going to do?

“Breakfast getting cold!” droned Janey from the kitchen.

Grabbing my dressing gown I fell down the stairs. Not literally.

Scooping bacon and egg into my mouth, I looked across the table. Janey seemed OK this morning as she buttered her toast, no hang-ups or anything.

“Sis?” I said tentatively.

Her eyes peered at me from beneath her fringe, her response requiring no verbalising.

“Er…I’ve got no underwear…”

Her mouth dropped. “Bugger. I meant to do a wash yesterday, but Ben asked me out…”

Ben was her boy-friend. She had left me on my own last night to go out on a snogathon or whatever. Great. I liked my time on my own.

I grabbed my mug of tea and took a huge swallow. “Can I borrow a pair of your pants, Janey?”

“What?” Her eyes saucered as she looked at me in astonishment.

“Well,” I said defensively, “I don’t know what else to do. What about it?”

She laughed, and I didn’t care for the way it sounded. “Yeah, OK, I guess,” she said.

“Great!” I leapt to my feet and made for the door.

“Mike!”

I halted and looked at her as she came round the table.

“What?”

“I’ll get them,” she said. “I don’t want you grubbing through my knicker drawer.”

I flushed and fidgeted. “OK, but can you make it quick? If I don’t hurry up and get dressed I’m gonna be late!”

I followed her upstairs, averting my eyes as I did so. Janey wears incredibly short skirts to school, and while I’ve no great objection to the odd glimpse of a girl’s panties, it’s a bit different when it’s your own flesh and blood doing the flashing.

I hopped about outside her room while she rummaged about in the pine chest of drawers under her window.

“Mikey?”

I jumped. She was standing behind me.

“Jesus!”

“Mike, you’re not going to be happy. These are all I’ve got unless you want some pink satin or ones covered in flowery patterns.”

The panties she handed me at least had the saving grace of being plain white. Apart from that they were edged around the waist and legs with fancy lace trimming.

“Oh, come on Janey, I thought you had some plain stuff.”

“How do you know that? Mike, you don’t go looking through my drawers when I’m out, do you?”

I flushed. The thought had crossed my mind several times in the past, but she was my skin and blister for goodness’ sake!

“Of course not, but I’m not blind. There’s a washing line in the garden, girl!”

She looked sympathetic. “Mike, I’m sorry, these are the least girly ones I’ve got clean. All my others are in the wash and I meant…”

“To do it last night,” I finished for her. “Except Ben’s tongue got stuck down my throat!”

She blushed, and my mental finger wrote a huge “1” in the air. I didn’t score off Janey much, but when I did it was an event to be remembered.

The next thing, of course, was that her thumb and forefinger had my nose in a Vulcan death grip. “It’s either these or you go commando,” she snarled at me. Not a pretty sight. If only Ben knew. Perhaps he did.

I grabbed the panties from her and rescued my nose. “Thanks, sis,” I said gratefully, and meant it. We have our moments, but Janey is a babe most of the time.

As I barged the door of my room she called after me.

“What?”

“You haven’t got any sports lessons today, have you?”

I considered. “No, why?”

“Oh, nothing. I was just picturing you getting changed and all the guys admiring your panties, that’s all!”

My turn to go red. “No, right, thanks Janey.”

I struggled into her underwear. It was like putting on a second skin that was just a bit too small for you. The soft but strong fabric gripped my boy bits firmly, and in fact once they were on they felt pretty good. I pulled on the rest of my clothes, grabbed my school bag and met Janey at the front door.

“All right?” she said pointedly, nodding at my nether regions.

“Yeah, thanks again, Janey.” A thought struck me. “Hey, you won’t tell any of your mates about this, will you?”

An angelic smile crossed her face. “No, but I did think of e_mailing everyone on the school computer system.”

“Janey, you wouldn’t…” I could see her mental scoreboard. One all!

On the way to school we met up, as usual, with Jane’s and my friends. I say as usual, what I really mean is when I’m not running late.

Pete and Arthur are my closest compadres, as Ally and Becky are Jane’s. Of course, the girls are all a year older than us (that’s about three years in female time!), so they look down on us a bit, but because they know each other through Jane and me, my mates and Jane’s actually get on quite well. We often go to the pictures together, that sort of thing.

We parted at the school gates, the girls moving towards their year’s entrance which is separate to ours.

“Mike,” Jane called out as they reached the large wooden doors.

I looked up. “Yo!”

My beloved sister grinned. “Don’t get caught with your trousers down!” She waved and disappeared.

“What was that all about?” asked Pete as I felt my neck getting red.

“Er…I dunno…she’s been a bit funny this morning. You know what girls are like.”

Pete did. He also had a sister. Arthur didn’t. He was an only child.

The day passed well, especially at lunch break when Susie Parker smiled at me. She was Ally’s sister, but in our year, and I have to admit I have the hots for her. School uniform doesn’t do much for anyone, but Sue wore it to perfection. Her short grey pleated skirt showed off her long, black-stockinged legs to great effect, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only guy with his tongue sweeping the school playground that day. I felt a little twitch between my legs as I caught a quick glimpse of white bra straps under Susie’s white school blouse. Could have been embarrassing. Lucky I was wearing Janey’s tight panties to keep me cool. Shit! I’d almost forgotten I was wearing them!

“What’s the matter with you?” asked Arthur, “You look as if you’ve eaten a turd. I thought you fancied her!”

I adjusted my face. It could be read too easily. It could also be red too easily, as it was now. “Nothing,” I said hastily. “And I do. Fancy her, I mean. I have done for ages.”

“Why don’t you ask her out then?” Pete was ever practical, forgetting that his Irish ancestry gave him a natural charm that had all the girls swooning over him. Me, I had to work hard for them to even spit on me. Except that Susie Parker seemed to like me. Pity me, probably.

Things got better after school. When we all met up to walk home, Susie was with her sister. She fell in beside me, brushing her long blonde hair behind her head.

“Hi, Mike.”

“Hi again. I saw you in school, remember?”

She laughed. “I know. I was just trying to get a conversation going.”

Shit shit shit. Apart from with my sister and mother, I had an inherent inability to talk rationally to women.

“Right. How was your day?”

“Mike, we go to the same lessons.”

“Er…yeah, but how were they for you?”

She elbowed me in the ribs. “You really are shy, aren’t you?”

“Who’s been talking?”

She changed tack. “When’s your mum getting back?”

“End of the week.”

“What, Friday night or Saturday?”

“Saturday.”

“I was wondering…” she was looking at me from the corner of her eye.

“Wondering?”

“English homework.”

“What about it?”

“I’m not very good at English.”

“I can understand you.”

Ouch! My ribs.

“Grammar, you goof!”

“Oh.”

A silence. The chattering of Janey and her friends surrounded us.

“Mike, you’re top in English.”

I knew that. “I know that,” I said. Noel Coward, eat your heart out.

“Mike Nolan, are you going to help me with my English homework or not!”

She had stopped suddenly and raised her voice. Pete and Arthur collided with Jane, and Ally and Becky nearly fell off the kerb.

Susie was flushing, and I was blushing.

“Mike, don’t be rotten, help Susie with her homework,” said Janey.

“Yeah, you rotter.” Ally and Becky poked me. Pete and Arthur sniggered.

I raised my hands in surrender. “I didn’t say I wouldn’t,” I tried to explain. “I don’t mind.”

We all carried on walking.

“Well, it’s nice you don’t mind,” Susie told me coldly.

“What?”

“I wouldn’t want to put you out.”

“Susie!” This time I stopped. The others, obviously ready for me, walked around me. I grabbed the girl’s arm.

“I’d love to help you,” I babbled.

“Didn’t sound like it…”

“I couldn’t believe you asked me. Here I’ve been trying to get up the courage…” my voice trailed off into silence as I realised Sue and I were in the centre of a circle formed by our mutual friends and family.

“Courage to what?”

“Oh for crying out loud!” One of my sister’s favourite expressions. “Mike, do her homework for her, or give her a kiss, but DO something!”

The rest of them cheered and again walked on, leaving me facing her in the middle of the pavement.

I gulped. “Susie Parker, I fancy you something rotten,” I gulped, feeling old beetroot head arriving.

She smiled, a satisfied, smug sort of smile, like the cat that’s just got the cream. “Well, at last. It’s about time, Mikey Nolan. A girl can’t wait forever, you know.”

“What? You mean you like me?”

She raised herself on tiptoe and kissed me. On the lips. From a distance all our pals yelled and applauded. I kissed her back. Her lips were soft and warm.

“Is this real?” I asked.

She took my hand. “Tell me all about finite verbs,” she whispered in a low, sexy voice.

“So it’s not my body you’re after then? It’s an A grade.”

She squeezed my hand. “Nobody’s pluperfect.”

So that was great, and we arranged to meet at hers after school the next day to go through the homework.

That night mum phoned during the evening to see how we were getting on. I had to field the call because Ben had popped round to see Janey and they were up in her bedroom, doing their homework, I guess. Must have been sports homework, as she looked a bit hot and dishevelled when I yelled to her to come down and speak.

Mum was on a business trip up North. She hadn’t wanted to go, but when you’re a bit successful in your chosen line of work I guess the bosses force that sort of thing on you. Anyway, it was going well, and we assured her there were no problems our end. She hung up feeling as good as we could convince her to feel.
 
 
Tuesday
 
The next morning was a bit like dejas vu — due to Ben’s appearance yesterday Janey still hadn’t done any washing, and once again I was underwear-less.

“Not only that,” I whined, “I’ve got no clean socks, either!”

“Oh for goodness’ sake,” said Jane, sounding just like mum, “Am I the only person in this place who knows how to work the washing machine?”

“Err…actually, yes,” I admitted.

“Well, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I suppose you want another pair of my panties?”

“I’m sorry, Janey,” I told her, “But I’ve got absolutely nothing in my drawers!”

“Well, as I told you yesterday, all I’ve got left now are patterned ones.” She was rifling through the chest again.

“Nothing plain at all hidden away anywhere?”

A secret smile crossed her face, and she opened a small cardboard box hidden in the corner of one of the drawers. “There’s always these.”

‘These’ turned out to be a flimsy pair of white lacy see-through panties that left very little to the imagination.

“No way!” I told her.

“In that case it’s the cotton panties with the flowers or whatever!”

“OK, OK,” I held my hand out. “Any port in a storm. Got any black socks?”

“Nope! White or coloured.”

“Oh God!” Simms, our head teacher, was a stickler for the school uniform. It had to be black socks.

“Janey, please! Help me!”

“Well…” my sister looked down at her own legs, clad in regulation black tights. “I can lend you a pair of these.”

“Tights? You’ve got to be kidding!”

She laid a hand on my arm. “Sorry. It’s all I’ve got, kiddo.”

Oh no! It looked as if I’d be attending school wearing most of my sister’s clothes!

“All right,” I surrendered, “But Janey, pretty please, not a word to anybody!”

In my own room I found the panties were as comfortable as yesterday’s pair, and once the tights were on and under my trousers you couldn’t tell the difference between them and my usual socks. It felt a bit strange, though, but after a bit I forgot I was wearing them.

We met the gang as usual, with the addition of Susie who normally went a different route with some of her other friends. Wonder why she teamed up with us this morning?

She barged me with her body. “Are you going to carry my books, or what?”

“Or what,” I told her.

“Wrong answer,” she said grimly, thrusting her school bag into my arms. I took it with good grace and as a reward she held onto my arm.

“Whoo! Lovebirds!” said Pete, and Arthur and the girls laughed.

“That’s my sister you’re playing around with,” warned Ally.

“Err…I think she’s playing around with me,” I ventured.

“That’s what we’re allowed to do,” Sue told me, batting her eyelashes at me.

“Just wait until I start on your homework tonight,” I cautioned her.

Another demure smile as she squeezed my arm. “Can’t wait,” she murmured.

The day dragged, mainly because I was excited about getting Susie on my own, but finally the bell sounded and the holocaust hit the streets.

Ally was going to our place with Jane, so that was all right, although I knew Susie’s mum would be at home. Still, I liked her. A nice lady.

As we reached the parting of the ways, Jane dragged me to one side.

“Keep your trousers on,” she whispered.

“Janey!” I was offended. Did she think I was a sex maniac or something?

“No, keep your trousers on,” she whispered again with extra emphasis.

Shit! I’d forgotten. I’d been wandering around all day wearing her panties and tights!

“Ah,” I said sagely, and nodded to show the penny had dropped. Still, I considered, the chances of my removing my trousers under any circumstances in the company of sexy Susie seemed a bit remote. Happy thought, though. Behave yourself, Nolan!

“Hi, darling! Hello Mike,” said Susie’s mother, giving us a warm smile as we entered her kitchen.

“Mrs Parker,” I said.

Susie pulled me through the kitchen towards the stairs. “Mike’s helping me with my English,” she said.

“Do either of you want a drink?”

“Oh, yeah!” The girl went over to the tall refrigerator and got out a couple of diet Cokes. “This do, Mike?”

“Sure. Thanks.”

I’ll draw a veil over the homework session. Susie was in fact almost as good as I was at the subject, so very little tuition was required. I think we both learnt a lot, though!

When I got in Ally had gone, and Jane was busy in the kitchen.

“Good, you’re back. Get your clothes off!”

“What?”

“Come on, Mike, you’ve been moaning that you’ve got nothing to wear for the last two days! It’s all in the machine; I just want those tights and panties!”

She followed me upstairs, and as I slipped my trousers off in my room she whistled.

I nearly had a heart attack, I hadn’t realised she was there.

“Nice legs,” she commented. “It’s amazing what a pair of tights can do for you! I know a lot of girls who’d die for legs like yours!”

I turned my back on her and pulled off the tights. “Give it a rest, Janey!”

I pulled on my track bottoms and threw her the panties and tights.

“So that’s all the thanks I get…” she began.

I put a finger on her lips. “Hey, Janey, I really am grateful, but I really don’t want to discuss the fact I’ve been prancing around for the last two days in your undies!”

“OK, OK,” she put her two hands up in surrender. “But I bet you were comfy, weren’t you?” My sister has a wicked smile. I chose to ignore it.

“Actually,” I admitted, “They weren’t bad at all. But please can we close the subject?”

She smiled and walked downstairs without answering. I groaned. Now she had something she could really use against me if the going got tough!
 
 
Wednesday
 
On the Wednesday morning I came down to breakfast in freshly laundered clothes to find Janey making breakfast in her school dress, a dark blue affair that, while it fitted her perfectly, she professed to hate. She was always more comfortable with skirts and tops for some reason.

“Why the gymslip?” I quipped.

I turned into a stone statue at the look she gave me. “Not funny, Mike. I put my skirts in the wash last night and they’re not ready. This is all I’ve got!”

“Want to borrow a pair of my trousers?”

“Still not funny. My black trousers were in the machine as well. I look dreadful.”

“Actually, Janey, I think you look great in that. Perhaps it’s the St. Trinian’s thing.”

“Mike, quit while you’re ahead,” she advised me. I concentrated on breakfast.

Susie wasn’t with the gang this morning worse luck, but we exchanged smiles during the day which was good enough for me. And the day passed fairly quickly, which was even better.

After school I met up with Pete and Arthur. Strangely, there was no sign of Jane, so I told the guys to go on without me while I tracked her down.

Trotting round to her year’s entrance I notice a small group standing by the path that leads to the sports field. As I approached, I saw Janey was in the middle of the crowd with another girl. Raised voices were sounding.

“You stay away from Ben Davies,” I heard a banshee shriek.

Jane’s voice came clearly to me. “Just because he doesn’t want to go out with you doesn’t mean he can’t have a life!”

I drew closer. Jane’s aggressor was in the top form at school, and a renowned bully. She pushed her face close to my sister’s.

“Don’t talk to me like that, you slut! If it wasn’t for you he’d be my boy-friend!”

Janey stood her ground. “I wonder,” she said defiantly. “Perhaps he prefers quality to quantity.”

The big-bosomed girl glared at her. “Right, you bitch!” With one hand she grabbed Jane’s hair and with the other pushed her so that she fell to the grass. Then she jumped on top of her and started hitting her.

I pushed through the crowd and grabbed the girl’s arm, pulling her away. She turned on me furiously, slapping my face.

“So little Janey-Waney needs her ickle brother to protect her, does she?” she jeered.

My sister was on her feet, tears on her cheeks but anger in her eyes. Shit! Janey was mad. Watch out! She made a bee-line for her adversary, fists clenched.

Suddenly a figure intervened, gently turning my sister away as he faced his admirer. Ben to the rescue!

“Go away,” he told the angry girl. “If I’d wanted to go out with you, I’d have asked you. I make my own decisions. Leave Jane alone.”

“But Ben,” wailed the girl.

“Go away,” he repeated firmly. She glowered at him, then turned and walked away with her friends.

Ben turned to Jane. “You OK?”

She wiped her damp cheeks with the back of her hand and nodded. “Yeah, thanks Ben,” she said.

“Want me to see you home?”

She shook her head. “Thanks, but Mikey’s here. I’m OK.”

“If you’re sure?”

A wan smile. “I’m sure.”

“I’ll call you.” He walked away.

Jane and I walked home silently. I felt sorry for my sister, although I knew that, if she had been angry enough, she would have knocked the other girl into the middle of next week.

When we got home I made her a cup of tea, and we sat quietly in the kitchen sipping slowly.

We went upstairs to get changed.

“Mikey?”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t tell mum when she rings, will you?”

“’Course not.”

“Thanks.”

I changed and did my homework before coming back downstairs to find my sister sitting in the lounge with her school dress over her knees and a needle and thread in one hand.

“What’s up, doc?”

“That tart has ripped the hem of my dress,” she told me. “I’ve got to fix it, my other bits aren’t ready yet so I need it for tomorrow, but it’s a pain in the bum to do!”

“Can I help?”

She raised the needle and thread in my direction and I backed away. “OK, OK, point taken.”

I went into the kitchen to sort food out. Janey does most of the cooking when mum can’t, but I do my bit now and again.

I’d sorted out the veg and popped meat in the oven when Janey called me. I slouched into the lounge.

“Did you mean it when you asked if you could help?” I saw frustration in her eyes as she raised the dress.

I nodded. “Sure, if I can.”

She shook her head. “No. It’s all right. You wouldn’t want to, anyway.”

Women! “Try me.”

“Well, the best way to fix a hem like this is if the dress is hanging down straight.”

“OK, I’ll hold it while you sew.”

“No, straight, as if it’s being worn.”

“I’ll stand on a chair and hold it.”

She shook her head. “That won’t do it. Don’t worry, Mikey.”

I sat beside her. “Come on Janey, what do I need to do?”

“Well…” she considered. “Would you put it on, Mike?”

“What?”

“If you put it on and stood on a chair I could see exactly what I was doing. I’d be done in no time.”

“You want me to wear your dress?”

“Oh, Mikey, only while I sew it. Pretty please?”

Why do I do these things? I shrugged and gave in.

I may not have mentioned that my sister and I were about the same size, and our physique was pretty similar apart from the fact that she had boobs. I was working on my muscle development with an exercise regime. I was starting slowly. The first exercise was managing to get out of bed in the morning.

Jane unzipped the dress and I stepped into it as she indicated. She then pulled it up, where it stuck about mid-way, shucking my t-shirt into folds about my waist.

“Bummer,” I said, “It’s too small.”

“No, no,” Janey said, “I know what’s wrong.” She made me step out of it. “Take your shirt and trousers off.”

“What?”

“Your trousers are too thick for it to slide up your body, and your t-shirt lumping up like that is stopping it fitting you.”

“Well, turn away then.”

“Come on, Mike, we used to share a bath together.”

“Then why don’t we now?”

That shut her up. I turned my back and slipped out of my shirt and trousers. This time the dress slid on easily, and Janey zipped it up. It felt quite OK really, a bit baggy at the top, but then I don’t have boobs, and it was odd to feel a skirt brushing my bare legs. My willie twitched. Think of Scotsmen.

I jumped up onto a wooden kitchen chair and, true to her word, my sister made short work of the sewing job.

“OK?” I jumped down when she had finished and turned round so that she could unzip me. When she didn’t I glanced round at her. She was looking at me with an odd expression on her face.

“What?”

“Would you humour me for a bit, Mike?”

“What does that mean? Come on, sis, let me out of here!”

“Mike, would you just come upstairs a minute?”

I sighed. “Yeah, yeah.” Sisters for you.

We went into her bedroom and she pushed me onto the bed. “I just want to try something,” she said, taking a brush from her dressing table.

I shrank back as she approached. “What’re you gonna do, Janey?”

“C’mon, Mike, bear with me. Think of it as an experiment.” She began brushing my hair. I sighed and let her get on with it. I was hungry, and dinner would be ready soon.

Finally she finished, and took my hand. “Here, look at this,” she said, and led me to the full-length mirror on her wardrobe door.

“What am I supposed to be looking…?” I began, and then stopped short. My reflection stared back at me, a stunned expression on its face. Janey had brushed my hair so that it had a centre parting, and it hung down each side of my face. With the dress on, my first impression was that I was looking at a girl!

“Janey?” I turned to her, puzzled.

“I know,” she told me. “I said the other day you had good legs. When you put the dress on I couldn’t believe how female it made you look. I had to change your hair to see if I was right.”

I felt flustered, embarrassed, angry and annoyed. “Are you saying I’m a girl?” I demanded.

She put a hand on my shoulder. “I know you’re not a girl,” she said. “Remember our communal baths as kids? I just thought how odd it was that, with a dress on and a slight change of hair-style, you could pass as a girl.”

“I’m not a sissy,” I hissed.

“Oh, Mikey, I know you’re not. Look how you stuck up for me at school today. I just wanted to see if what I thought was right.”

“OK, so now you have. Can I get changed now?”

“Sure.” She unzipped the dress as I ran trembling hands through my hair. I hurriedly put on my jeans and t-shirt, and looked in the mirror again for reassurance. Thank God! Macho Mikey again.

As we finished washing up after dinner, Jane hung her tea-towel neatly over the cooker rail and sidled up to me, putting a friendly arm around my shoulder.

“No,” I said, drying my hands and moving away.

“No what?” she asked, her eyes innocent.

“No whatever it is you’re going to ask. You look too friendly. I wouldn’t like it. No.”

“Don’t you trust anybody?”

“Yes, but not you when you’re like this.”

She ruffled my hair. “Come on, Mikey, you don’t know what I was going to ask.”

“Probably better that way,” I grunted, walking past her into the lounge and slumping down on the settee.

She pouted and sat next to me. “Come on, Mike, I just want to try something.”

I ignored her, picking up the television guide and looking through it.

She started tickling my ribs, knowing it would crack me up. It did. I finished up on the floor snorting with laughter with her straddling me.

“OK, OK, I give in. What do you want?”

“It’s just a hunch I’ve got. I want to try something with you to see if I’m right. It won’t take long.”

“OK, Quasimodo, so you’ve got a hunch. I ain’t agreein’ to nothin’ unless I knows what it am, babe.”

She swatted me. “Don’t call me babe. Babe was a pig!”

“Oh yeah. Sorry.”

“Well?”

“Tell me, Janey. What?”

She hesitated, looking a little embarrassed. “Well,” she began slowly, “You know you borrowed my panties and tights the other day…”

I looked up at her. I was still on the floor. “What about it?”

“And you helped me sort my dress out?”

I shifted uncomfortably. “Yeah.”

“And I sort of changed your hair for you…”

“You did change my hair for me. You thought I looked like a girl, Janey.”

“Yes. I wondered what it would be like if we did it properly.”

“Did what properly?”

“Err…dressed you up like a girl…”

“No way!” I tried to get up.

“I could do your hair properly and put some make-up on you…”

“Why would you want to…?”

“Mikey.” Jane stood up and helped me to my feet. “I reckon we could make you into a girl and no one would know any different.”

I sat down again. “Janey, why on earth would I want to look like a girl, let alone dress like one?”

“Because I think you could. Oh, come on, don’t be a spoilsport. What else have you got to do this evening?”

“Well,” I began, and stopped. Nothing.

She took my hand and started pulling. “Come on Mike. It’ll be a bit of fun. Pretty please.”

I reluctantly allowed her to pull me to my feet. I knew once my sister got an idea in her head she would worry away until it was accomplished. I grunted and followed her upstairs. Did I have just the tiniest pleasurable memory of wearing her panties?

I sat on her bed. “What do you want me to do?”

“Nothing. I’ll do it all. All you need to do is get undressed.”

“Janey, why are we doing this?”

“Oh, come on. We used to dress up as kids!”

“I don’t remember wearing girls’ clothes as a kid.”

“Well, you didn’t. Come on, Mikey, strip!”

“If you think I’m going to stand in front of you buck naked…”

As I was speaking she had delving into that old pine chest again. She threw a pair of freshly laundered white panties at me.

“Shut up and put these on. That’ll save your modesty.”

I sighed heavily and turned my back on her. What the hell was I doing? I asked myself as I divested myself of my clothes. I pulled on the panties, remembering the snug feel as I adjusted myself in them. Satisfied that I was as decent as I could be under the circumstances, I faced my sister. “What now?”

She was swinging a white bra in her hand by the straps. “You’ll have to have boobs,” she said, grabbing my arms and slipping them through the straps.

“Why do I have to have boobs?” I asked as she clipped the bra behind me.

“How old are you, Mikey?”

The question took me by surprise. “Fourteen. You know that.”

“I had boobs when I was fourteen.”

“Did you?”

“You mean you didn’t notice? Men!”

“Janey, you’re my sister. Why would I want to look at your boobs?”

She’d vanished to her drawers again. Triumphantly she brought out a couple of pairs of rolled up socks.

“Here we go. Instant bust!” She padded out the bra cups with the socks and adjusted the straps. “How does that feel?”

“Uncomfortable. Why am I letting you do this?”

“Because you love your sister.”

“No, because I’ll get permanent earache if I don’t.”

“Here.” She handed me a pair of her black tights. “Put these on. You know how. You wore some the other day.”

I plonked my backside down on her bed and worked the tights up my legs with a heavy sigh. The things I do for peace and quiet.

“I was right,” Janey commented, “You do have nice legs. Come over here.” She patted the stool in front of her dressing table. I obediently crossed the room and sat down.

“Now,” she instructed, “I’m going to put some make-up on your face. Don’t wriggle, and do what I tell you, especially if I tell you to close your eyes.”

“Why?”

“’Cause if you don’t I’m likely to blind you with a mascara brush or something!”

“Mascara? Are you going to make me look like a tart?”

She flicked my ear lobe. “I wear mascara. Are you saying I’m a tart?”

“No Janey” I said meekly.

“Anyway, I’m only going to use a little bit. It’ll either prove my point or not.”

“What point’s that?”

“Let’s wait until we’ve finished,” she said evasively.

She must have spent a good five minutes fiddling with my face, turning it this way and that, flicking various brushes over it, and issuing orders every few seconds for me to turn this way and that. She nearly, as prophesied, put my eye out when she was doing whatever it was she was doing with them, and it was quite a relief when she finally said “Almost done” and began putting lipstick on my mouth.

As she tidied her bits back into a small bag on the dressing table I moved to look in the mirror. She blocked my view.

“Not yet,” she told me. “I’ve got to do your hair and find you something to wear yet.”

I did my famous grunt. Neanderthal man lives.

Out came the brush, and the sweeping changes. Once she’d finished she opened her wardrobe and looked inside.

“Here,” she said.

I joined her, gazing in confusion at the profusion of clothes she had suspended from hangers.

“When do you get to wear all these?”

“Trust me, I do,” she said. “Now, what do you fancy?”

“What do I fancy?” I parroted. “I don’t fancy any of it. I’m only doing this because you badgered me into it!”

She laughed. “You are an old grump. Here, how about this? It’s a pretty colour. I reckon it’d suit you.”

She brought out a dark blue dress and held it up in front of me. “Yes,” she murmured, “Perfect.”

Unzipping it at the back, she held it low so that I could step into it, then pulled it up my body slowly until my arms had been guided into the right places. Then she zipped it up.

Dare I say it felt really good? The top bit fitted nicely because of the sock bust she had created, the waist fitted snugly to me and the skirt flared out slightly. It could have been made to measure, I thought, and flushed.

“Mm.” Janey walked around me. “Very nice. Give us a twirl.”

“What?”

“A twirl. You know, turn round quickly.”

I obeyed, and felt the skirt fly out and then fall delicately back in place. The feeling as the material brushed my stockinged legs was incredible. I felt my willie doing that twitch thing again.

“Shoes.” Jane was on her hands and knees ferreting in the wardrobe. Golly, I thought, she’s got a nice bum. I flushed again. That was my sister I was letching about. I reminded myself to get a good look at her boobs when I thought she wasn’t watching.

She backed out, pushed me onto the bed and fitted a pair of black low-heeled court shoes on my feet. Again, they fitted. I did say we were about the same size, didn’t I?

I looked up from the shoes to see Janey staring at me with her mouth open. “Here, Mikey,” she said quietly, “Come and have a look in the mirror.”

“We’ve done this before,” I thought as I confronted…

Just who did I confront? Who was this girl staring back at me from the mirror? Old macho Mikey had vanished, and in his place stood a teenaged girl who looked a lot older than my fourteen years. Her shortish dark brown hair was swept across her forehead and around her ears in a very fetching way, and the light touches of cosmetic that Janey had applied made her look just the right side of youthful innocence. Her dress fitted superbly, accentuating a figure I was most surprised to see I possessed, and her long shapely legs clad in the black tights were to die for. She was the sort of girl you ache to suddenly see across a crowded room. I fell in love with her.

Shit! What was I saying! This was me I was looking at. I stared at Janey, dumbfounded.

She nodded, satisfied. “I knew it,” she told me. “I knew you’d look like a girl if I dressed you and made you up properly.”

I returned to reality. “OK, Janey, but so what?”

Her face fell. “Don’t you like it?”

I hated to disappoint my sister. “Of course I do, Janey, in fact I think it’s great, but apart from satisfying your desire to prove you could do it, what practical use is it?”

“But don’t you think you look pretty?”

“Janey, I think the girl in the mirror looks beautiful!” Her face brightened. “But I’m not a girl, Janey. This is a one-off! It won’t happen again!”

“Oh, Mikey,” she sighed, touching my arm. Her face brightened. “Not Mikey,” she said excitedly, “Michaela! You can be Michaela!”

I started to reply when the phone started ringing downstairs.

“That’ll be mum. Come on!”

I followed her down to the lounge, watching my feet carefully as I descended the stairs.

“Hi, mum,” Janey sang, and I flopped down on the settee, prepared for a long wait. Once they start gabbing you might as well go away for a fortnight.

I finally managed to speak with my mother.

“How are things going, Mikey?”

“Great. Missing you though.”

“Janey said you had a problem with your clothes earlier in the week?”

“Err…yeah, but it’s OK now.”

“Well, it’s only your school things you need to worry about. I expect you’re slopping about in your usual t-shirt and jeans now, aren’t you?”

I looked down at the blue dress and flushed. “Yeah, something like that,” I agreed.

“Well, I’ve told Janey all the news. She’ll fill you in. I’ll see you soon.”

“Yeah, bye mum.”

The doorbell had sounded as we were saying our final goodbyes, and I could vaguely hear Janey talking to someone at the front door. As I put the phone down she came into the front room closely followed by my best friend Pete.

“No, sorry, Pete,” Janey was saying, “He’s gone out somewhere tonight.”

“Oh.” Pete looked a bit put out. As he caught sight of me Janey said, “Oh, this is a friend of mine. I don’t think you know her. Michaela, this is Pete, Mikey’s friend.”

I wanted to look daggers at her, and I also wanted very badly to go to the loo. However, either of those options wouldn’t have gone down too well, and my mate might just have smelled a rat.

As it was, instead of saying “Hey, Mikey, why are you wearing a dress?” he just nodded at me and turned back to Janey.

“Could you tell him I popped round on the off-chance?” he asked her.

“Of course we will, won’t we Mickey?”

Pete glanced at me again and I nodded brightly. My throat had dried up. I didn’t want to croak at him.

“Thanks. Bye Janey. Bye Michaela. Nice to meet you.”

I waved a limp hand as he followed Janey from the room, and I heard the front door close.

Janey returned, her eyes bright. “Mikey, he didn’t realise it was you!”

I sank exhausted on to the settee. “Janey, I’m too young to have a heart attack. Why did you do that?” I could feel sweat on my face.

“Because I knew he wouldn’t recognise you! And he didn’t! And you’re his best friend!”

“But Janey, suppose he had recognised me?”

“But he didn’t!”

“No, but if he had, can you imagine school tomorrow?”

She sat beside me and gave me a hug. “But he didn’t,” she repeated. “I bet no one would.”

I stood up. “No one else is going to get the chance,” I told her. “Nice experiment, Janey, but I’m going to change. No more Mickey, hello Mikey!”

She followed me up to her bedroom. “Just give me a second before you change,” she asked.

I sank onto her bed.

“Mike.”

I looked up. A blinding flash caused stars to wheel around the room. Dazed, I stood up. A couple more flashes followed. As my eyes returned to normal I saw Janey was holding her digital camera.

“Janey, what are you doing?”

She pouted. “I did a good job on you, Mikey. I wanted to remember it. Why don’t you let me take a few more, and smile nicely this time?”

Too tired and emotionally drained to argue I did as she asked before stripping off Michaela’s clothing and sinking into a nice hot bath before I went to bed.
 
 
Thursday
 
Great day! Susie joined us again on our trek to school, unloading her school bag on me before huddling up with her sister, Becky and Jane to giggle over girly things. Was I being used? Perhaps I was looked on merely as a beast of burden? Nah. She loved me really. I hope.

Pete, Arthur and I trudged on in silence, each wrapped in our individual contemplation, until Pete suddenly stopped short. Arthur and I took a couple more steps before realising he was missing, and turned.

“Mikey,” said Pete. “Who is Michaela?”

“What?”

The girls had noticed our lack of movement and turned back to join us.

“Yes,” echoed Susie,” Who is Michaela?”

“Michaela?” I said blankly. “Michaela who?”

Jane was staring at me in an odd way. Susie was staring at me with hard eyes. Becky and Ally just looked on in curiosity.

“Didn’t Janey tell you?” asked Pete. “I came round last night and you’d gone out. There was a friend of hers there called Michaela.”

I hoped the sweat on my brow wasn’t noticeable. I shrugged. “I don’t know any Michaelas,” I said. “If she’s a friend of Janey’s, ask her.”

There’s no loyalty even in family. If looks could kill…well, you know the rest. Everyone looked at Jane. Happily, Susie’s expression had softened a little.

“Ah,” said Janey. “I knew Mikey…er…Michaela…in my first school. She…moved away. Her parents have come down to visit relatives, and she popped in to see me.”

“Never heard of her,” said Ally. Becky nodded in agreement.

“No…er…we were friendly before I met up properly with you guys. Then, as I say, she moved away.”

Everyone seemed satisfied with the explanation, and Sue walked alongside me and held my hand. I silently let out a breath of relief.

“Well,” Pete carried on regardless, “She is a babe!”

“Oh?” Arthur perked up.

“Not a better babe than us, I hope, young Pedro,” Becky commented, flapping him gently around the head with her hand.

He dodged easily. “Well, actually,” he began, then seeing the look in both Ally’s and Becky’s eyes, “No, but a looker just the same. Any chance of seeing her again, Janey?”

“Mm,” my sister considered. “Maybe. She’s down for a few days.”

I gave her my Klingon death ray look. Unfortunately she’d pre-empted that by surrounding herself with a protective but invisible defensive shield and remained both alive and upright.

“Are you sure you don’t know this girl?” Susie nudged me, aggressively.

“Come on, Susie,” I said, “I wasn’t there when she called round. Anyway, if she’s Janey’s age she wouldn’t be interested in me, would she?”

“I’m not worried about her being interested in you.”

“Well, what then?”

She elbowed me in the ribs. “Just don’t you start getting any ideas, Mikey Nolan!”

I gave her my innocent until proven guilty look, you know, that dictum that women practice in reverse, crossed my fingers behind my back, and kept my mouth shut.

Another mundane school day winged by on leaden feet (how about that for a mixed metaphor!) and we three male musketeers headed for the school gates as fast as we could at the sound of the bell.

“Hey, guys!”

Jane, Ally and Becky caught us up and we trundled homeward. As we parted Becky said, “See you later, Janey!”

My sister waved. I looked askance. “Later?”

She avoided my glance. “We’re…er…going to the pictures tonight.”

“Thanks, Janey.”

“Just the girls, Mikey. Becky, Ally and me!”

“Oh, OK. Maybe I’ll scoot round to Susie’s then!”

“Mm.”

In fast, get changed, quick bite to eat, wash up. I slumped on the settee reading a music mag.

“Mikey.” Jane flopped down beside me.

“Are you going to get changed?” I asked, surprised. When she is going out, my sister spends the maximum part of the evening getting herself ready.

She took my hand. I snatched it back.

“What?”

“Mikey, when we arranged to go to the pictures, the girls asked me to see if Michaela wanted to join us…”

I stared at her. She nodded silently.

“And…”

“I said…”

“Yes?”

“I said I’d ask her.”

“She’s visiting with her parents,” I said.

“Oh, Mikey, she’s down here on her own with no one of her own age to mix with…”

“Janey, can you hear yourself? Michaela is a figment of your imagination. She does not exist.”

“Yes, but Mikey, suppose you could get away with it?”

“What?”

“Suppose you could fool them! Pete didn’t have a clue last night that it was you! Let’s see if you can get away with it with Ally and Becky!”

“No.”

“Oh, Mikey, go on…”

“Come on, Janey, it was bad enough yesterday, you pulling that stroke when Pete arrived. How can I trust you not to let me down again?”

“So you’d consider it then?”

“What? No. I meant…”

“I’ll do your share of the housework for the next week…”

“Janey, why do you keep wanting to see me in a dress?”

“I don’t. It’s just that, having seen what you look like dressed up on a couple of evenings I think it’d be great fun to have the girls over.”

“Great fun for who? And what if I turn up with you and they say ‘where’s Michaela? And why is Mikey wearing a dress?’”

“But they won’t! Please, Mikey, pretty please. I’ll fix you up again like yesterday and I promise cross my heart that no one will figure out who you are!”

“Janey…”

“Thanks, Mikey!”

“But, Janey…” But she had stood up and taken my hand, and we were half way upstairs while I was trying to think of a way out. Why was this happening to me? And why didn’t I have the strength of character to say ‘No!’?”

Having fixed me up with a peach-coloured satiny bra and panties, and helped me on with a pair of shiny black tights that she didn’t want me to ladder, Janey again spent some time making me up and organising my hair. Then she burrowed in her wardrobe and came out with a tartan mini-skirt.

She fitted it round me as I stood in front of the mirror, and my jaw dropped. It was tiny, and my black nylon-clad legs seemed to go on forever.

“I can’t wear this,” I gasped.

“Why not?”

“There’s nothing of it. You can see all the way up my legs to breakfast time!”

“Don’t be silly. I wear it all the time. It’s what girls wear.”

“But look at me…” I objected.

She took a step back. “I am. Mm. Great legs, babe.” She whistled inelegantly, and then held out a sleeveless black tank top. I pulled it on. It displayed my belly button.

“It’s too short!”

“Stop complaining. It’s the right size. It’s what I wear. It’s what Ally and Becky wear.”

I groaned.

Janey slipped a short leather jacket over my shoulders, sat me on the bed and fitted a chunky pair of black shoes on my feet. Then, raising me up, she allowed me to see the finished article.

Well, I’m sorry, but I liked what I saw. I knew that if I had really been a girl I would have had guys swarming around me like nobody’s business. I felt a little more confident as Janey sprayed some perfume around me.

Janey patted my shoulder. “Why don’t you go and sit downstairs while I get ready, Michaela?” she suggested.

Pavlov’s dog trotted as indicated and immersed himself (herself) in the music mag once more.

Fairly soon I was joined by my sister. She looked really great. I mentally appraised her boobs (I had promised myself I would), and was surprised at how nice they were. She’s your sister, dammit! Yeah, but even so, she’s a bit of a babe. No wonder Ben has the hots for her.

“Ready?”

“No.”

She took my arm. “It’ll be cool,” she said. “I bet no one guesses.”

“Do you want to put money on it?”

She paused. “OK. A fiver you get away with it.”

“Done. And when they all crease up with laughter at me, you come straight home with me.”

“OK.”

Her confidence boosted mine. We left the house.

Well, as we approached the cinema we attracted a few whistles from the local yobbos, but I was willing to bet that was on Janey’s account, not mine. My heart started beating faster as I spotted Ally and Becky waiting for us outside.

“Hi, girls,” said Jane breezily, “This is Michaela. Mickey, this is Ally, and Becky.”

Taking a deep breath and trying to remain calm I grinned at the two girls and said “Hi.”

“I thought I recognised you as you crossed the road,” Ally told me, and my heart sank. “I couldn’t picture you when Janey told us you’d been at school with us, but as soon as I saw your face it rang a bell!”

I relaxed a little.

“Shall we go in?” asked Janey.

“Oh, give it a couple of minutes, can we?” said Ally, “We’re waiting for…oh, here she is!”

Janey and I turned, to be confronted by Susie!

“Hi, Sue,” Ally said. “This is Michaela. Come on, let’s get our seats.”

Susie grinned at me, then her face changed subtly and I spotted a strange expression in her eyes.

We trooped in and found seats, and sat ourselves in the darkened auditorium. I found myself sandwiched between Susie and Janey.

As we settled down and the advertisements were displayed on the screen, Susie leaned over and whispered in my ear. “So why is Mikey dressed as a girl and pretending to be Michaela?”

I felt my face going beetroot red and gave thanks and praise for the all-engulfing darkness.

I sighed. “It’s a long story, Susie,” I told her.

I felt her take my hand. “You look really nice,” she said, and didn’t let go all through the evening.

She released me when we left the cinema, but we chatted in low tones as we trooped homeward.

“Will you tell me tomorrow?”

I nodded. “Can you come round after school?”

“Yes.”

“You won’t say anything to Ally or anyone?”

“Cross my heart.”

“I love you, Susie Parker.”

“Shh! Someone will hear you!”
 
 
Friday
 
Friday morning. Susie and me. Janey, Ally and Becky. Pete and Arthur. School.

“Hey, Mikey,” called Becky, “You need to watch out!”

“Why?”

“Janey’s friend Michaela came to the pictures with us last night. Pretty girl, but a bit strange. Seemed to be paying a lot of attention to Susie.”

Shit.

“You never told me you were going to the pictures last night,” I said to Sue with a straight face, while she put a hand over her mouth to stop laughing.

“Er…no,” she managed. “I decided at the last minute.”

“So what’s this about this Michaela girl then?”

Ally looked round. “I reckon she bats for the other side,” she said firmly. “She buttonholed Sue straight away and was talking to her all evening!”

“Ally!”

“It’s true, Susie. Deny it!”

Susie closed her mouth.

“Well, of course,” I said, “If you prefer this girl to me…”

Susie burst out giggling and we all stopped and stared at her until she finished.

Finally, “Oh, Mikey, I like her as much as I like you!”

“Huh!”

“Susie, you’re not into girls, are you?” asked Becky.

Ally barged her. “That’s my sister!” she exclaimed.

“I’m only asking.”

Susie took my arm. “No,” she told them, “I’ll take Mikey however he comes!”

After school Janey, Sue and I went to ours.

In the kitchen Janey got some Cokes from the fridge while Susie stood in front of me with her hands on her hips.

“Well, Mikey — or should I call you Michaela? What’s going on?”

I flushed. “Best you ask Janey,” I told her.

Janey giggled. “Well,” she giggled, “It was like this…”

I left them to it and sat in the lounge. The sound of muted conversation and giggling floated in to me as I tried to get to grips with the television guide.

Finally: “Mikey?” from the kitchen.

“Yeah?”

Susie appeared in the doorway and sat beside me on the settee. Janey stood in the doorway, still smiling.

“Mikey?”

“What?”

“Can I…you know..?”

“Can you what?”

“Well, you looked great last night! Ally and Becky had no idea who you were!”

“So how did you?”

“Oh, come on, Mike.”

“Hmm.”

“Anyway, I want to help.”

“Help what?”

“Help you dress up as a girl.”

I stared at her in astonishment. “Susie, I don’t want to do it again.”

“But you looked good, Mikey. Janey had done wonders with you. Let me try, why don’t you. It’ll be fun!”

Why did girls think dressing a guy up in their clothes would be fun? Fun for who?

“Told you, Susie, I don’t want to. Janey badgered me enough…”

“So you don’t really love me?” Her blue eyes were moist as she gazed at me and her lower lip trembled slightly.

“Yes, I do, but Susie…”

She took my hand. “Please, Mikey. I want to see if I can do as good a job as Janey. You don’t mind, do you?” she asked my sister.

Janey shook her head with a grin.

“Come on, Mikey.” She had hold of both my hands and was pulling me upright.

“What is it with you girls and dressing up?” I asked, puzzled. “Haven’t you got a Barbie doll you can do that with? You could put one of her dresses on Ken!”

“Don’t be an old grump.” She was dragging me to the door. “Pretty please, Mikey.”

Is ‘pretty please’ a magic incantation or something?

Wimpy Mike allowed himself to be led up the stairs. Janey followed. “Shall I give you a hand?” she asked.

Susie looked back at her. “Thanks, Janey.” She hugged me. “Oh, Mikey, this’ll be great fun!”

“Hm.”

I now had two girls ordering me about. In double quick time I had stripped down to my underpants and been presented with a pair of minuscule white panties to put on. With Janey assisting, Susie was soon fastening a white bra round me. As she stood in front of me she kissed me suddenly on the lips.

“Love you, Mikey,” she said.

“What’s he — she — going to wear, then?” Janey asked.

Susie’s eyes sparkled. “Let’s get her ready for school!”

What was this ‘her’ business?

With beautifully soft and warm hands Sue unrolled a pair of black hold-ups up my legs; wow, I really enjoyed that! I felt my willie twitching again. Then, standing me up, she made me a bust from the usual rolled up socks.

“All right if I do her make-up?” Sue asked Janey, who nodded. “If I can do her hair,” she said. Both girls laughed. My willie was now jerking a bit at my being bossed around by two females, but seemed quite secure trapped as it was in the panties.

At last, apparently satisfied with my appearance, Susie slipped a white school blouse on me and buttoned it up carefully over my bosom. A grey pleated school skirt of Janey’s followed (one of the short ones), and then Sue looked thoughtful.

“Have you got a school tie?”

“Never wear it,” said Janey, but started looking through a drawer anyway. “Here it is!”

“Great!” Susie tied it around my neck loosely, leaving the top button of the blouse undone.

A pair of Janey’s black school shoes were fitted to my feet, and finally Janey handed Susie an old school blazer. That was soon on me as well.

Susie stepped back. “Oh, wow, Mikey…I mean Michaela…you look great!” She dragged me in front of the mirror.

I almost had an orgasm in Janey’s panties. Mikey had completely gone this time. Reflected in the mirror was schoolgirl Michaela looking really sexy in her short school skirt with her long legs encased in black nylon. If that girl had been real, it would have been a toss up between her and Susie, I thought.

Janey was impressed. “Susie, that’s wonderful. How do you feel, Mikey…er…Michaela?”

“Yeah, OK,” I said. Strangely, I felt really good. Over the last few days I had become to appreciate that there was a feel-good factor about female clothing. It was soft to the touch, light to wear, and apart from the unaccustomed restriction of the bra and panties had a feeling of freedom not found in my own heavy trousers and shirts. I wasn’t going to give the girls the satisfaction of knowing my true feelings, however.

“Oh, Michaela!” Susie kissed me hard on my red lips.

Janey chuckled. “So you do like girls!” she said.

Susie hugged me. “I like this one,” she told my sister, and kissed me again. I could handle that, I thought.

Downstairs, the phone rang.

Janey spent a long time talking to mum, her face downcast, before handing the phone to me.

“Hi, mum.”

“Hello, darling. Are you all right?”

“Yeah. What’s up?”

“Janey will explain, but I won’t be coming back for another week. Can you cope?”

“Don’t want to, mum, we miss you, but yeah, if we have to.”

“Are you two getting along all right?”

I looked at my school outfit. “Like a couple of sisters,” I said a trifle bitterly.

“Mikey?”

I laughed. It was all so silly. “Yeah, we’re getting on fine,” I told her, winking at Janey and Susie.

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Janey explained that there was a bit more work involved with mum’s job and that she had been asked to stay on. Mum being mum, she had agreed.

“Now,” she said briskly, “Are you staying for dinner, Sue?”

“Can I?”

“Of course.”

“What’re we going to have?” I asked, cutting to the chase.

Janey thought. “It’s Friday. Let’s pop round the fish shop for fish and chips.”

“Great!” I headed for the stairs.

“Where are you going?” asked Susie.

“Er…I’m gonna get changed.”

“What, after all my hard work?”

“You don’t expect me to go down the fish shop like this, do you?”

“Why not?”

I blinked. “Suppose I bump into someone I know?”

“What, like Ally or Becky last night?”

I grunted. Susie took my arm. “Why don’t you and I go and get the grub while Janey warms up plates and stuff?”

“But I’m dressed in school uniform.”

“So am I,” said Susie.

“But it’s a girls school uniform.”

“So is mine.”

“But Susie, you are a girl. I’m not.”

“Come on, Michaela, you proved last night that no one would recognise you.”

“You recognised me.”

“That’s different.”

“How?”

“Oh, it just is. Come on, we’ll only be five minutes.” She pulled at my arm.

I sighed. I have no moral backbone. How do I get myself in these situations?

Susie and I marched arm in arm to the local chippy, she clinging close to me in the most delightful way. So smitten was I by the fact that this gorgeous girl liked me enough to want to go out with me that I soon forget my attire.

It was only as the lights from the fish shop windows illuminated the pavement that I came back to reality.

“It’s a bit bright,” I said.

“Don’t worry, Mikey, absolutely no one is going to realise you’re a boy. I wouldn’t lie to you. Just have a bit of confidence!”

I followed her into the warm shop and bumped into Arthur and Pete.

“Hi Susie, hello…well, I guess you must be Michaela,” Arthur smiled, and undressed me with his eyes.

Yes, I know, and I’m a guy and I’ve done it, too, so I do know what I’m talking about.

Pete gave me one of his winning grins, you know, the ones he reserves for girls he wants to impress. “Susie, Micky,” he said.

I studied him from the corner of my eye. He’d said ‘Micky.’ Was that short for Michaela or was he being clever? Had he realised my true identity and was playing games?

“What are you two doing here?” asked Arthur.

“We’re getting kebabs,” Susie told him.

“But it’s a chippy,” he objected, and then light dawned. “Oh, very funny, ha ha.”

“Hey, Michaela, I didn’t know you went to our school. I thought you were only here for a few days?”

I opened my mouth to speak when Susie butted in. “It’s an old blazer of Janey’s. She lent it to Micky ‘cos it’s a bit cold tonight.”

“Oh.”

Arthur placed his order then turned to me. “So how do you like it down here?”

I nodded. “It’s OK,” I said quietly, but with a smile.

“Met any guys you fancy?”

“Arthur!”

“It’s a fair question. Have you?” He gave me what was, for him, a winning grin. I shuddered mentally.

“None I fancy,” I told him.

“Not even me?” asked Pete.

“Especially not you,” I said.

Susie laughed and Arthur grinned again. Pete winked.

“Of course,” Arthur went on, “Susie’s sister thinks you like girls, not men.” Born diplomat, that one.

“Don’t be so rude!” Susie snapped, elbowing him in the ribs.

“Actually,” I said, “I do like girls, but only because there are no real men around here!”

Arthur’s jaw dropped.

“Unless of course,” I added, sidling up to him (what on earth had got into me then?), “You’re a real man?”

He goggled at me.

“D’you think you could make me happy, Art?” I whispered in his ear.

He flushed as Pete and Sue burst out laughing, and grabbed their order. He and Pete left the shop.

“See you later,” said Susie, and placed our order.

“Mikey, you were great!” she told me.

“Was I?”

“Yeah. You handled him just like I would have. Score one for the women!”

“Hm. You don’t think they’ve worked it out yet?”

“No, but I was a bit worried they might wait for us. Then we’d have had to buy and extra portion of food.”

“What for?”

“Who for, silly. Mikey, of course. You, me, Janey and Mikey!”

“Oh.”

We all love fish and chips, and tucked in like nobody’s business when we got back. Again, I completely forgot I was wearing girly things, except when Janey or Susie kept reminding me to keep my knees together.

“We don’t want to see what you had for breakfast,” Susie told me.

We had a great evening until Susie suddenly said “Mikey, are we going out tomorrow?”

“Sure, where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know. We could spend a day at the coast.”

“Sounds good.”

“What are you doing, Janey?”

“I’m doing a shopping binge with Becky and your sister.”

“Great. So we’re on then, Mikey?”

“Sure.”

“Mikey?”

“Hm.”

“Can you come as Michaela?”

“What?”

“Spend the day with me as Michaela?”

“Why?”

She paused. Looking at me speculatively, “Dunno. I like you as Micky. I mean, I like you as Mikey, too, but in a different way. I’d like to spend a day with Micky, I think.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.”

“Pretty please.”

“Pretty no.”

“I hate you, Mikey Nolan, or Michaela whatever you are.”

“Oh for crying out loud…”

She wrapped her arms around me. “Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, I’ll love you forever if you do.”

“Susie, sooner or later someone’s going to twig that Michaela is me. I’d rather not be Michaela when that happens.”

“Eh?”

“Whatever. Why do you keep wanting me to swan around in my sister’s clothes?”

“Because you look great in them. And I like you as Michaela. You’re my friend.”

“Aren’t I your friend as Mike?”

“Yes, my boy-friend. That’s different. Tomorrow I fancy going out with my girl friend, like Janey going out with Ally and Becky.”

I appealed to my sister. “Do you know what she’s going on about?”

“Yes.”

I sighed. “I don’t believe it.”

“Oh, come on Mikey. Look how successful you’ve been so far. And admit it, you’re getting to like girly clothes, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, well, it’s better than running around in the nude.”

Janey nudged me. “Admit it, Mikey, you’re getting fond of my bras and panties.”

“And wearing short skirts,” added Susie.

“And showing off your beautiful long legs in black tights.”

I looked down at my legs. Yeah, they did look great.

“So that’s settled, then,” Susie grinned.

“What?”

“Thanks Mikey.” She kissed me. Damn women. What a spineless git I am.

“Come by first thing in the morning, Susie, and we’ll get Michaela ready,” Janey said.

The only saving grace that night was the hug and kiss Susie gave me when she left. I guess there are advantages to this dressing up lark.
 
 
Saturday
 
Susie arrived bright and early on the Saturday morning to find Jane and me in the middle of our breakfast. Jane had obviously set her alarm and hauled me, virtually comatose, from beneath the sheets. Good job I don’t sleep in the nude.

Her excuse was that they would need plenty of time to get me ready for what she termed my ‘big day.’ Me, I was having second thoughts, and was reflectively chewing toast whilst trying to think of a way out of this situation that would keep Susie sweet on me.

In the event, my transformation wasn’t too harrowing. The two girls decided all I needed was minimal underwear, panties and a bra to stuff with socks, a flimsy summer dress and a pair of open-toed sandals.

Janey applied a light touch of make-up while Susie did my hair. I felt cheated.

“Don’t you think I need to be wearing a bit more?” I protested at the light frock I was wearing. “I had more protection before!”

“Don’t be so moany,” reproved Susie, “It’s a nice day and we’ll be at the coast. No one goes around in enormous overcoats in summer.”

Janey stepped back and nodded to Susie. “OK, mirror time!”

I looked at myself. I’ve got to say it, I made a pretty good-looking girl, and was quite sexy in the short dress. My legs went on endlessly, and although slightly muscled would have looked good on any real girl.

The two girls laughed as I stared for what seemed like ages at the babe in front of me.

“Just remember,” Janey warned me, “With a dress this short and swirly you need to think every time you sit down. You don’t want people to get an eyeful of your pants, especially with the lump in them that yours have got. That’d be a dead giveaway.”

I dragged myself away from the mirror. I looked just like any friend of Susie’s looked when they go off out together. I raised my eyebrows at her, and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“You look great,” she told me.

“So what’s wrong with my lips, then?”

“I’m not going to be seen in public kissing another girl on the lips!”

“We’re not in public yet,” I pointed out.

“Oh, no.” She put her arms around my neck and gave me a snog.

“OK, break it up,” laughed Janey, pulling us apart. “Here.” She handed me a small white bag with a long strap. “That will hold your money and stuff. It goes over your shoulder.”

I noticed Sue had a similar bag. Were we the terrible twins, or what?

“Ready?”

“No.”

“Oh, come on Mikey — er — Michaela — er — Mickey. You’ve even got me fooled, and I helped to dress you!”

I gave an exaggerated sigh. “Come on then. Just don’t blame me if I make tomorrow’s headlines.”

As we headed out the front door Janey called Susie back. “Here, do you want to take this?” she asked, and gave the girl her digital camera.

“What’s that for?” I said.

Susie smiled. “You take photographs with it,” she told me sweetly. I fell about laughing, with my legs kicking in the air. Not.

It was indeed a nice day, the sun was warm and there was a slight breeze that rippled my dress as we walked along towards the train station. No wonder girls wear very little on days like these. It felt great.

Our trip to the coast was uneventful, if you call being chatted up by every group of lads travelling with us uneventful. At first I felt nervous about it, but I followed Susie’s chirpy and cheeky lead in repartee, and soon realised that none of them had a clue that I wasn’t exactly what I looked — a young girl on a day out with her mate.

We had a leisurely day, buying snacks to eat for a picnic lunch while sitting on the beach and watching the white-capped blue waves breaking gently over the powdery browny-yellow sand.

Then we walked along the coastline, bare feet splashing through the warm water, or chased each other through the sparse grassy clumps further from the water. The only problem I found was that when I caught her, Susie adamantly refused me a victor’s kiss. “I don’t want people to think we’re a couple of lesbians,” she said reasonably.

A small fun-fair caught our eye, and we spent a happy afternoon on the rides and trying our hand at the various shooting galleries and hoop-la stalls, each of us winning a couple of large furry animals in the process.

I quickly forgot my unusual attire, and threw myself into the day whole-heartedly. We were just a couple of teenage girls having a lot of fun.

The day came to a regrettable conclusion and, tired out but happy, we jumped on the train to return home. We found an empty carriage, and Susie leaned her head on my shoulder and held my hand.

“I love you, Mikey Nolan,” she said.

“Oh. Why?”

She shrugged. “Lots of things.” She sat up and waved her hand at my clothing. “This, for one. Not many guys would do this for a girl.”

“Just call me Mikey wimp,” I told her.

“No,” she said decisively. “If you really hadn’t wanted to do it, I know you would have said no. You did it ‘cause I asked you, and it took a lot of guts.”

This time she did kiss me, and a warm glow spread all over my body.

We walked from the station back to mine arm in arm, which is apparently a girly thing to do, so I didn’t mind.

I opened the front door with my key and stood aside to let Sue go first. As I followed her in, a voice said “Hello, Suzie. Oh, I thought you were with Mike. How comes you’ve got a key?”

I stood staring at my mother, whose face must have resembled mine for total shock and amazement.

“Mikey? Why are you dressed like that?”

My sister was framed in the sitting room doorway mouthing upset apologies.

“Er,” I said intelligently.

Suddenly mum reverted to type. “What’s been going on here? Just as well I insisted on coming back for the weekend! Susie,” she turned on the distraught girl, “Just you get on home now! I’ll talk to you later! And your mother!”

“But Mrs No…”

“That’s enough, Susan! Go, before I get even angrier!”

As Sue turned to go I spotted tears in her eyes. She went without another word.

“Janey, I’ll deal with you later!” Mum snapped at my flushed and shamefaced sister. “Mikey, you come with me!” She grabbed my arm, and dragged me, stumbling, upstairs to my bedroom.

“Get out of those clothes,” she stormed, slamming the bedroom door behind us.

“Can I...?” I began.

“No!”

More than a little embarrassed to be undressing in front of my mother I kicked Janey’s shoes off and pulled the summer frock up and over my head.

My mother’s jaw dropped. “Mikey, you’re wearing Janey’s bra and panties!”

It was really a statement of fact and a question both rolled into one.

“Er…yeah…well…we thought it’d look better if I wore the right gear,” I mumbled, realising even as I spoke how weak it sounded.

“And look at your face! Who put your make-up on?”

Defensively I said “How do you know it wasn’t me?” trying to protect Susie and my sister.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Mikey! That’s been put on by someone who’s been using cosmetics for some time!” She looked at me sharply. “Unless there’s something you want to tell me?”

“Like what?”

She gestured impatiently at my underwear, and I started to divest myself of Janey’s cast-offs.

“Well, perhaps you’ve been borrowing your sister’s clothes for some time. Perhaps you’ve been wearing make-up for a little longer than I think!”

“Mum!” I protested, in what sounded even to me like a whiney voice. I turned my back on her as I pulled of my panties and got into a pair of boxer shorts.

My mother made a sound like a horse snorting. “For God’s sake put some proper clothes on,” she snapped, “And get in the bathroom and get rid of that make-up! What on earth has been going on here while I’ve been away?”

“Well,” I began.

“Don’t!” She raised a warning hand, palm forward. “Just get that stuff off your face and get dressed properly!”

When I returned, freshly scrubbed and wearing jeans and a t-shirt, she was sitting on my bed, head bowed.

“Well?”

Haltingly I told her the whole sorry story, playing down Janey and Sue’s involvement as much as possible. I tried to make it seem like a prank, a joke.

“But you went out with Susie wearing girl’s clothes.”

“Er…yeah.”

“How long were you out?”

“Er…all day…”

“What?”

“Er…we went to the coast, Mum…”

“You’re telling me you’ve been wearing those clothes all day? And you’ve been for a day out in public like that? What’s wrong with you, Mikey?”

“Oh…well…I guess we thought it’d be a bit of a laugh…”

“We?” questioned my Mother shrewdly.

“Me,” I said quickly. Too quickly.

Mum sighed. “OK, Mikey, let me tell you how it was, shall I? For some reason Janey managed to get you into her clothes. Susie found out and wanted to spend the day with her ‘new’ girl-friend. Something like that?”

I wriggled uncomfortably. “Well, a little bit,” I admitted. “But I went along with it.”

“It’s good of you to defend them, dear, but I guess I know where the pressure was coming from.”

I remained silent.

Mum took my hand. “Do you like wearing girl’s clothes, Mikey?”

I blinked. “Well,” I admitted, “The pants were quite comfortable, and I guess the tights were OK once I got used to them…”

“And the dress?”

I paused. “Well, I felt all right today, again when I got used to it.”

“Would you want to dress up again?”

“Well,” I confessed, “I didn’t want to any of those times. It just sort of happened, I guess.”

“Mikey.” She looked at me intently. “Do you like boys?”

“I like Pete and Arthur.”

Her mouth twitched a little. “All right then. Do you fancy boys?”

“What?”

“You know what I mean.”

I was affronted. “No I don’t! Mum, Susie Parker just agreed to be my girl-friend! She’s nothing like a boy!”

“Hmm. After today’s little escapade I don’t know if I approve of that relationship!”

“Oh, come on mum! I’ve fancied her for ages, and as soon as I get something going with her you want to put a stop to it!”

“By ‘something going’ I presume you mean she wants you as a girl-friend?”

“I hope not!” I retorted hotly, and then blushed. “Oh, sorry mum. Well you know what I mean.”

“I’m glad to hear you say it,” she said, “But have a bit of respect for her if you are going to be a couple. I like Susie, but I don’t want to be a grandmother just yet.”

“Mum!” I protested, retaining my blush.

Telling me to go to bed she went downstairs to talk to Janey.
 
 
Sunday
 
I don’t know what Mum and Janey talked about, but in the morning my sister was very quiet indeed, casting glances in my direction from under her fringe. I became worried. Did she think I had blamed her for what had happened?

I managed to get her on her own in her bedroom after breakfast.

“Janey, I didn’t tell Mum what really happened…” I began.

“I know,” she interrupted me. “Mikey, thanks for trying to take the blame, but you know Mum’s a witch. She really went to town on me last night, firstly for starting all this in the first place, and then for helping Susie yesterday.”

“I didn’t…”

“Mikey, I know. Stop beating yourself up over it, I know you tried to keep us out of it. But I admitted it was mainly my fault. I’m older than you and Susie and should have known better.”

I left her making her bed, very downcast.

Later, a very contrite Susie came round and asked to speak to mum in private. Mum told Janey to join them, and me to go up to my bedroom — again. I was spending so much time up there I felt like Rip Van Winkle.

I don’t know what she said to the girls, but I heard her heading upstairs to my bedroom, and after knocking she came in closely followed by Janey, who looked really embarrassed.

“Right,” said my mum, “I’ve had a long talk with Mikey last night and I know where he stands. Janey, I asked you to come up with me because I want to ask you an important question concerning Mikey, and he has a right to know what you say.”

Janey looked at me questioningly, but I had to shrug my shoulders and raise my eyebrows.

“All right Janey. I want you to choose. If you could only have one for the rest of your life, who would it be: Mikey or Michaela?”

Janey’s jaw dropped, but she didn’t hesitate for a second. “Michaela’s been a bit like a sister to me,” she said, “Something I’ve never had. But Ally and Becky are like sisters to me as well. I’ve got a feeling that Susie’s going to be a sister in a few years, anyway, the way things are heading. I love my brother for all his funny ways, and there’s no way I want to lose him!”

“Hey, Janey,” I said, and she winked at me.

Mum called Susie up, and repeated her question.

Susie didn’t pause for moment. She came and sat next to me on the bed and took my hand. Looking at my mum she said, “Michaela’s been great fun and a good girl-friend, you couldn’t ask better, but there’s no choice. I want Mikey.”

Impulsively, and despite mum being there she gave me a hug and kissed me full on the lips. Wow!

Well, we all hugged each other, and it was great and I felt a bit choked, but it passed.

So that was that, and Michaela packed her bags and went back with her parents to wherever it was she had come from, and we never saw her again.
 

*          *          *

 

Or did we?
 
 
Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

 

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This was typical ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... fantasy in some ways - passing as a pretty girl right from the start, for example - and realistic and the road less traveled in TG fiction in others - mom's reaction was very realistic, for example. I thought the ending sad but realistic. I imagine Michaela will be back, but probably not till Mike becomes an adult and leaves home and I imagine that Mike will feel a vague incompleteness till she does return. Very nicely done.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Just a thought:

Jezzi Stewart's picture

It would be an interesting twist to have a sequel where for some reason mom needed Michaela to come back.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Nicely done, Kim

Well written and good tight story. Of course Mikey would give in to his sister's and Susie's pleas to dress. What hormone crazy 14 year old male wouldn't? The girls' reactions to having their very own live full sized "Barbie" also rang true. But it all seemed to be done in a loving manner with no intention to hurt. And Mikey, once the genie was out of the bottle, seemed to have a lot of fun with it.

Mom's dismay was very real and her subsequent actions. Amazing how moms tend to cut right to the truth of the matter. But I do have to wonder if Micheala will reappear - as Jezzi says - because Mom needs her to?

Did Janey ever pay him that fiver? Had Pete figured it out? I vote strongly for a sequel!

Very nice;

why has humor become rare? And why does anyone but Mikey get a vote?

I wonder...

I wonder if Michaela really will come back or not. To be honest, maybe this is just a story where Mikey really is a boy, it's not impossible for some boys to like dressing as girls, but still want to be girls. I'm glad for the good humor in this story, and also the sweetness and good nature of it. Even how Suzie said she would accept Mikey or Michaela no matter what. My best friend recently accepted me for who I am, so that makes me feel really good, though she's never been a love interest for me, I only like guys. Anyway, this story was very sweet, I hope to see more stories like this.
--------------------------------------------
Just a normal tg girl in a cruel cruel world.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Kinda reminds me...

of when Chrissie had me wear one of her outfits, and we played? dress up a lot after that, until mom caught in one of Chrissie's outfits.

We need to see more of Michaela and less and less of Mikey. If I had a choice between Mikey or Micky, I'd pick Micky.

Also what really amazes me is that this community still has no identity to itself. I mean I have read a lot of stories where there were pictures or drawings, and the caricatures those pictures and drawings made, were enough to make one gag. BUT HOWEVER...it is not impossible to pass as a convincing girl the first time, nor is it impossible or highly improbable that such a girl would not be accepted immediately if that is what she truly wanted out of life.

I know, because I am here to say that not only did I pass, even tho I was recognized, but I was also immediately accepted too.

I haven't looked to see if this story was continued, but I hope it has been or at least will be. From my point, this is a really good story, and the settings, predicaments, dialogue and charcterization IS actually very real.

Kim you have written a wonderful story, please let it continue.

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."