My Summer in Pantyhose Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis: On the job day two.

Chapter 16

Jamie arrived at the Fabric Barn shortly after nine on Friday morning. He knocked on the glass door as his grandmother drove away. Only Margaret and Lucelle had keys. The overhang didn't give much protection, and he wondered what he would do on rainy days. No one came to the door so Jamie leaned against the doorframe to wait. As yesterday, he was wearing jean shorts, hose, and his sandals. As he looked at his legs, he noticed the sheen from the morning sunlight striking his suntan hose. He wondered what sort of remarks Kelli would make today, especially since his shorts had the embroidered flowers on the back pockets. His other shorts were in the wash.

"Hi Jamie," said Margaret. "Are you ready for another day on the job?"

"I think so."

"Been waiting long?" Margaret turned the lock and opened the door. "I guess Lucelle isn't in yet."

"I thought she lived here."

Margaret laughed. "Oh, not quite. She runs errands on Fridays."

They walked back to the office to check in. He barely knew her, but Jamie felt comfortable with Margaret. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes." Margaret raised her eyebrows.

"Well, I don't want to cause Kelli to get fired or anything but she was teasing me a lot yesterday." Jamie immediately wanted to retract his statement. "I sound like a wuss," he thought.

"I don't think she means any harm. She'll stop after a while. Do you want me to say something to her?"

"No, I guess I need to be more toughskinned."

Margaret smiled. "I figured you would be used to a little teasing. Most boys don't wear pantyhose you know."

"Yeah. I'll try to ignore her. Well, I guess I'll get busy in the stockroom."

"Ok. We'll call you if we need you."

Jamie got busy unpacking boxes. He soon lapsed into autopilot and started daydreaming about his favorite subject. A month ago, the idea of going anywhere with Megan wasn't even something he would dream about but tomorrow she was going to be his "date" to a barbeque. He did not particularly relish seeing the host's daughters again, but with Megan as his guest, nothing else seemed to matter anymore.

"Hey Jamie," called Kelli. "Like the shorts. Those flowers are so cute."

Jamie had been kneeling on the floor, leaning over an open box. He stood up to face his nemisis. "Hi Kelli. Do you need me up front?"

"Not yet," she answered as she approached him. Kelli was wearing a black dress that stopped just short of her knees with a white belt around her waist. She rounded out her look with black tights, court shoes, and her signature crimson lipstick. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't goofing off back here. Are those your sister's shorts or yours?"

"Mine. My mother bought them."

Kelli clicked her tongue. "Does your mommy buy all your clothes for you?"

"Technically yes, since I don't have any of my own money."

Kelli looked at his legs and feet. "Is that a lighter shade you're wearing today?"

"Yeah. I really need to get back to work if you don't need anything."

Kelli faked a hurt expression. "Well, if you're going to be like that I'll leave you to it." Kelli turned to leave. "I'll be back if we need you, boyette."

Jamie rolled his eyes. "That girl needs a hobby," he thought.

He returned to unpacking the boxes and tried to resume the pleasant daydreams that Kelli had rudely interrupted, but the sting from her jibes would not subside. "What did I do to her?" he asked himself. "You would think she would be open to alternative fashions."

"Hey Jamie."

Jamie recognized Tabitha's soft voice. "Morning." He immediately noticed her short, beige skirt that hugged her hips and thighs.

"Lucelle wants us to restock the crafting stuff."

"What do we need? I'm sure it's back here somewhere."

"I don't know yet. We have to clean it up first. It's a bit of a mess."

Jamie followed her to the front of the store. Like any teenage boy, he found himself staring at her swiveling behind.

The store was not very busy. Margaret was chatting with a customer while she cut her fabric. Kelli was manning the register. A teenager with maroon hair and a black blouse and skirt paired with red and black striped tights and ratty sneakers was talking to Kelli. The two aisles of crafting supplies were indeed a mess with items obviously misplaced or laying on the floor.

"What happened?" asked Jamie.

"Three women with six kids came in to get supplies for a church camp. I'll take these two, you take the others. Once we get everything sorted out we can figure out what we need."

"Ok." Jamie sighed. The only thing worse than cleaning up a mess was cleaning up a mess that someone else created. As he worked to restore order to some piles of felt, he noticed Kelli's friend looking in his direction with a wide grin across her face. Kelli was whispering something in her ear. "Great," Jamie thought, "now I have two Kellis to contend with."

Kelli's friend approached and stopped beside him. "Excuse me sir," she said with a fake air of seriousness. "Do you shave or wax your legs?"

Jamie noticed Kelli at the register with her hand over her mouth. Kelli's friend was gazing at his legs as if she had never before seen the appendages. "Shave. Do you need help with anything in the store?"

"Well, yes, she continued. I need to buy a birthday gift for my brother. Do you think pantyhose are a good choice? And do they come in king size?"

"We don't sell clothes here, just the material to make them."

"Can I help you?" asked Tabitha.

"No, I've seen what I wanted to see." Kelli's friend strolled back to the register.

"Thanks," said Jamie.

"You're welcome." Tabitha kneeled on the floor next to him. "Don't let Kelli get under your skin," she whispered. "I think your legs look fabulous." She winked at him as she stood up then returned to the other aisle.

It took Jamie over a half-hour to restore order to the aisle. As with his work in the stockroom, he had allowed his mind to drift as he worked. As he was replacing a box of pea-sized orange beads on a shelf, Tabitha surprised him from behind. "All done?" she asked.

Jamie lurched and dropped the plastic box which split in two when it struck the floor. Little orange beads exploded across the floor in every direction. Fortunately, Jamie had the presence of mind not to exclame what he was thinking.

"Oops," said Tabitha. "I guess not."

"I'm sorry," said Jamie. "You surprised me."

"No worry. It happens to everyone."

Jamie dropped to his knees and started picking up the beads one at a time and putting them in his cupped hand. The beads had spread all around Tabitha's wedge sandals. Jamie found it hard to not stop and stare at her pink, polished toenails inside her tan nylons. Her toe seam was visible just below the top of her toes.

Tabitha giggled. "I think you'll need something to put those in. I'll see what I can find."

"Thanks," Jamie said. He looked up at her and realized that if her legs had been spread a bit more, he would be able to see directly up her skirt.

Tabitha moved away, stepping gingerly to avoid sliding on the beads.

"What happened Jamie?"

Jamie recognized Kelli's mocking voice. "I dropped a box of beads," he replied without looking up. His palm was quickly filling so he pulled up the bottom edge of his shirt and dumped the beads from his hand into the makeshift pouch. As he straightened up to survey the extent of the beads, he heard giggling and noticed Kelli standing at the end of the aisle.

"I didn't do it on purpose," Jamie said. "Tabitha startled me."

"Oh I heard what happened. Do you know everyone can see the panty of your pantyhose?" Kelli giggled some more. "I see you like to pull them up high and tight."

Jamie realized that with his shirt pulled up to hold the beads, he was indeed exposing the top of his pantyhose. Not much he could do about it now unless he wanted to pick up all the beads again. "Could you help me?"

"Oh, I have to get back to the register. Lucelle doesn't like to leave it unattended." Kelli smirked as she walked away to the register.

Jamie sighed. It seemed that no matter what he did that girl found a reason to laugh at him. "Didn't all girls pull up their hose," he wondered. He would have to ask his mom or Megan. The women on the covers of pantyhose packages always had their hose pulled up. Jamie continued to pick up the beads and pile them into his makeshift pouch.

"Oh my goodness," said Lucelle.

Jamie looked up see Lucelle with Tabitha behind her. Tabitha carried a plastic box.

"Sorry," said Jamie. "It was an accident."

"Oh that's ok," said Lucelle. "Just be more careful in the future. You really should be wearing a camisole if you're going to be exposing the panty of your pantyhose to everyone," she added. "Modesty is an important virtue."

Jamie felt his cheeks flush. He was not sure what a camisole was but it did not sound good. Tabitha had her hand over her mouth. He imagined Kelli must be doubled over. Lucelle smiled at Jamie then moved toward the front of the store where he heard her talking to Kelli about the sales that morning. Tabitha carefully stepped through the morass of beads and placed the box on the floor near Jamie. "Let me help you," she offered as she kneeled on the floor.

Jamie thanked her as he transfered the beads in his shirt to the box. "Is Lucelle mad at me?"

"Oh no. It was an accident. These boxes are cheap."

"No, I mean about, you know, pulling my shirt up."

Tabitha giggled. "Oh, that. Well, it was kind of funny to see you with your shirt pulled up exposing your panty to everyone." Tabitha leaned closer to him. Jamie could smell her sweet smelling perfume. "That's not something a girl would do," she whispered. "Lucelle isn't used to boys. At least you weren't showing your bare tummy. That would have probably been worse."

"I'll keep that in mind for the future."

Jamie and Tabitha spent the next hour restocking the crafting supplies, going back and forth from the front of the store to the stock room. Tabitha asked Jamie a lot of questions about school. She made him feel at ease and he was glad to be working with her instead of Kelli.

At one point while they were in the stockroom, Tabitha ventured a more personal question. "So, I'm sorry if this is too personal, but why did you start wearing pantyhose?"

With other people, Jamie would have tried to duck the question but Tabitha's kindness put him so at ease that he felt she deserved some honesty. "I'm not sure what first made me try them. I guess I liked how they looked on my mother and other women so one day when I was eleven and home alone, I tried on a pair of my mom's hose. I liked how they felt. I wore them whenever I had the opportunity after that."

"So you've been wearing them all the time since you were eleven?"

"No, just when I was home alone. I didn't start wearing them openly until recently. My mother caught me on the last day of school."

Tabitha covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my. I can't imagine how that would play out. Was she mad?"

"I thought it was all over. But she wasn't really mad about me wearing pantyhose. She was mad at me for hiding something from her and wearing her clothes."

"You've got a really cool mother. Most people would freak out."

"She gave me two choices. I guess she wanted to see how serious I was. She said I would be grounded or I would wear hose 24/7 for the rest of the summer."

"So you picked option two."

Jamie nodded.

"What happens when the summer is over?"

"I don't know. She said I can decide then if I want to continue wearing them."

"So, you would wear them to school?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it much. It might not matter though. So many people already know I'm wearing."

"Hmm. Well, I think they look good on you. You should keep wearing them. It's a bold fashion statement."

"Thanks." Jamie stared at the floor for a few moments of awkward silence.

"Well, we better get back to work. I don't think Lucelle tolerates idleness."

After finishing the work on the crafting section, Jamie reshelved the bolts of fabric in the bins behind the cutting area. He worked without incident until his grandmother arrived. He waved to her then headed back to the office to clock out. Lucelle was sitting at her desk looking through some catalogs.

"Well, Jamie. You've been very helpful this week. We'll see you Monday morning, bright and early."

"That's the plan."

"Good, good." Lucelle was thoughtful for a moment. "Is your grandmother out front?"

"Yes, she's waiting for me."

"Tell her to come back here for a minute."

"Okay." Jamie wondered what this could be about. Why didn't Lucelle just come out front and talk to her? He found his grandmother talking to Tabitha at the cash register.

"Are you all ready to go?" his grandmother asked.

"Lucelle wants to talk to you in the back office."

Jamie watched his grandmother amble to the back of the store.

"What's that all about?" asked Tabitha. "Lucelle said that you're doing a great job."

"I don't know. She told me to be back on Monday. Maybe she has to tell my grandmother something personal. They are friends."

"Why do you have to stay with your grandmother?"

Jamie leaned toward Tabitha to whisper. "I don't think my mother fully trusts me anymore."

"That sucks."

"It's not so bad really. My grandmother gives me lots of cookies. You wouldn't believe how many books I've read this summer."

"My grandmother would put me to work."

"She doesn't seem to have much for me to do. A lawn service does the yard work."

"Lucky you. So do you have big plans for the weekend?"

Jamie cheered at the thought of Saturday night. "I'm going to a barbeque with Megan. You'll meet her at school next year."

"Oh, is she your girlfriend?"

"I don't know. I think so."

Tabitha laughed.

Lucelle and Jamie's grandmother came out to the front of the store and everyone said their goodbyes.

"What did Lucelle want?" asked Jamie as they drove back to his grandmother's house.

"Well, she told me you're doing well but that you need to be more modest."

"I was just trying to pick up the beads."

"I know but Lucelle's a stickler for these kinds of things. She runs a tight ship."

"I told her I was sorry."

"I wouldn't worry about it."

* * * * *

Melissa and Carla were staring at a text file on Melissa's computer. "My sister is so stupid," explained Melissa. "She wrote down all her passwords and left them in her desk."

Carla laughed, agreeing with Melissa about Megan's obtuseness, as she wondered what new hiding place she should find for her passwords.

"So what do you think?" asked Melissa.

"Oh Melissa. This is so wicked. You're not going too far are you?"

"I probably haven't gone far enough. If this doesn't get rid of that simpering sissy then nothing will."

"And think how stupid Megan's going to look."

"I know. The princess will be doing damage control like forever."

The two girls giggled.

"So what's the plan?"

"She's supposed to go out with him on Saturday."

"On a date?"

"Well, not really. They're going with his mommy to some backyard cook out. He needs princess Megan to hold his hand."

"How typical."

"I know. Isn't it pathetic. The wuss can't even take her on a proper date. Anyway, about the time she gets home, I'm going to send out the email."

"You've got this all planned."

"The most hilarious part is that she won't even know about it until her friends start responding."

The girls giggled.

"Do you want to sleep over tomorrow night and be here when I press the button?"

"Oh yeah. I wouldn't miss it."

* * * * *

Under a bright, hot, afternoon sun, Kim and Megan were playing volleyball at the city park in one of three sand pits along the tennis courts. The two girls were dressed similarly in tight running shorts and sports bra tops. This was more than a casual game, and each girl was sweating from the heat and effort. Volleyball was Megan's passion.

Megan grunted as she spiked the ball into the sand at Kim's feet. Both girls leaned forward, panting as they held their legs.

"I'm bushed," said Kim.

Megan nodded and followed Kim. They slipped on flipflops at the edge of the sand and walked to a picnic table in the shade of an old oak tree where the girls had left their water jugs.

"Either you're getting better or I'm getting worse," commented Kim.

"Wait until I get back from camp."

"You'll have to start playing with guys." Kim giggled. "Maybe Jamie would play with you."

"I don't think he likes volleyball."

"His loss. Probably for the best though. He'd just get a lot of sand in his pantyhose."

Megan smiled. "Kim, why are you so mean to him?"

"Are they checking us out?"

"Who?"

Kim pointed at the basketball courts where two young men, both shirtless, were looking in Kim and Megan's direction.

"Is that Josh and Kyle?" asked Kim.

"I think so," said Megan.

Kim stood up and waved. The boys waved back and started walking across the park toward the girls.

"What are you doing?"

"Inviting them over silly. I can't believe we didn't notice them before."

As if by instinct, both girls quickly fluffed their hair which hung as limply as before.

"Why did you tell them to come over?"

"They were checking us out stupid. Are you going to miss an opportunity like this? The more time you spend with Jamie, the more soft your brain gets."

Megan rolled her eyes.

"Hey girls," Josh called.

They exchanged pleasantries as the boys took seats on the opposite side of the table.

"Were you watching us play?" asked Kim.

"For a while," answered Josh. "You two play better than a lot of guys." Josh smiled at Megan who felt her cheeks blush.

"You want to play basketball with us?" asked Kyle. "Two-on-two."

"I don't think it would be much of a challenge," answered Megan.

"Not against us. With us," said Josh, directing his answer to Megan. "You play with me and Kim can play with Kyle."

"You're on," said Kim.

"Well, okay," said Megan.

"Should we do shirts and skins," said Kyle.

"You wish," answered Kim.

The four teens strolled to the basketball courts where they spent the next hour playing basketball, although it was more of an extended flirting session than a game. At one point, based on Kim's suggestion, the girls sat on the boy's shoulders and took turns dunking the ball.

After the game, the boys followed the girls back to the picnic table. "You two want to go out with us tomorrow night?" asked Josh. "Maybe catch a movie and something to eat."

"Of course," answered Kim.

"Actually I can't," countered Megan. "I already have plans. Sorry."

Kim stared at Megan in shock. "Just a minute," she told the boys. Kim grabbed Megan by the shoulder and drug her toward the volleyball courts.

"What's wrong with you?" said Kim.

"I'm going to a cook-out with Jamie tomorrow night."

Kim rolled her eyes. "Tell him something came up and you can't go now."

"I can't do that. I promised him."

"Look at them Megan. Those guys are so hot. And they want to go out with us."

"I'm sorry Kim. I can't. You can go out with them."

"Don't you get it? You're going to turn down Josh to go out with that pantyhose-wearing wuss?"

"Stop it Kim. I'm not going to stand up Jamie."

"Are you going out with Jamie tonight too?"

"No."

Kim smiled. "Perfect." Before Megan could respond, she hurried back to the boys. "Can we go out tonight?"

"Tonight it is," Josh answered. "We'll pick you up seven."

The boys headed back toward the basketball courts leaving a beaming Kim and a dumbfounded Megan.

to be continued

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some People Are Just Plain Mean!

Looks like this pantyhose summer ill be remembered by everybody.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wow!

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

A new chapter of MSIP. Keep'em coming. I was beginning to despair that it was a forgotten work and what with Fictionmainia going down I thought it might be lost forever.

As usual, another fine installment. The only bad thing I can say about the whole story is you don't write fast enough. ;o) But then, that's my complaint about every serial.

Hugs
Patricia
([email protected])
http://members.tripod.com/~Patricia_Marie/index.html

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper ubi femininus sub ubi

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

anxiety.

This story fills me up with anxiety,
as, I'm sure, it happens with others.
Anxiety of reading the next chapter.
How nice!

I'm in MSIP

I'm in MSIP withdrawal!!!!!!!!! When's the next installment???????????

Sisters?

Jamie Lee's picture

Are Kelli and Kim sisters? If they aren't, they should be. They have the same immature attitude.

Kelli's constant harassment of Jamie is bordering on sexual harassment, something which if pressed, could get the story in trouble. And the sad part is that she doesn't realize it's what she's doing. To her, she just teasing, that's all. Lucille needs to see her doing it, then take her to her office, sit her down, and explain how what she is doing could cause the store problems. Only with Kelli's attitude, she'd try to pass it of as good natured teasing. She just won't understand what Lucille is telling her.

Kim has a lot of gall making a date for someone else. Even more gall trying to get Megan to break an engagement because SHE doesn't like the person Megan is going out with. Can this girl become any shallower?

Melissa is going to regret what she's about to do. Megan has not presented herself as a girl who is easy to embarrass. She has presented herself as a caring person, a person who looks past external features and looks at the person within.

Yes, she unintentionally hurt Jamie at the movies, but was concerned enough about their relationship to visit his home to apologize for her behavior.

The only person who will be hurt by Melissa's action is going to be herself. If she's still alive when Megan is through with her. Oh, and let's not forget what her mom and dad may do to her.

Tabitha has become a mystery in Jamie's life. She seems like a real sweet girl, someone who treats Jamie with kindness. But does she want more than friendship with Jamie? Or is she trying to be just a buffer between Kelli and Jamie?

Others have feelings too.