The Butterfly Effect | Part 1 - Changes

Printer-friendly version
butterfly_effect.jpg      
Sophie smiled and there was a pause before she replied.

"I can still be your girlfriend," she said before gently pulling me towards her and kissing me softly.

 

The Butterfly Effect
Part 1 - Changes
By Alys

 


Part 1
 
"OK, class, I think it's time to ask one of our boys who all seem to be sleeping today," said Mr Smithers with a little chuckle," what about you Alex, can you name this molecule?"

I looked carefully at a diagram on the screen.

Easy, I thought and opened my mouth to answer.

Suddenly there was a dissonance, a shimmering of everything around me as it merged into a kaleidoscope of infinite colours. Momentarily there was the oddest feeling, a sudden sense of disembodiment. Then in another moment it was gone and my eyes focused on answering the question.

"Well Alex, do you have an answer, or are you thinking about other things or maybe another person?" enquired our middle aged Chemistry teacher with a strange tone to his voice which made no sense to me.

"Yes sir, I...oh" I started to answer before being startled by a strange, higher, tone of voice coming from my mouth, sounding much higher than my normal pitch, I coughed to try and clear what I assumed to be some temporary constriction in my throat.

"I think it's........," I began again but hesitated as my voice stubbornly continued at a new, higher pitch. I coughed again and was forced to brush away some unexpected hair from my forehead.

"Something wrong?" asked Mr Smithers, a note of concern in his voice. I became aware, at the same time, of being stared at by the other students.

I breathed deeply, to try and regain a little composure and hopefully restore my voice to its rightful level. However this action only added to my increasing unease as I became aware of a strange constriction across my chest and back. I resolved to answer the question in whatever voice I could manage.

"It's 2,4 dinitro toluene, sir," I squeaked.

"Yes, a perfect answer Alex. Now let's try a question for one of the boys," commented the Chemistry teacher.

I was grateful for no longer being the centre of attention, even while a strange feeling of deja vu washed over me, as I listened to the teacher repeat his comment of a few moments previously.

As my gaze turned away from the screen back to my notes the reason for my feelings of otherness became apparent. The first thing I noticed was a black skirt and tights having replaced my trousers. The question "why was I wearing girls' clothes?" flashed through my mind. The answer to my self-query came almost instantly as the strange feelings from my groin and the angle of my crossed legs indicated the disappearance of my male organ while my glance down also revealed the explanation for the feelings of constriction across my chest. My boobs!

I resisted the temptation to publicly assess my physical changes in more detail and looked around. My eight fellow students were working through a class assignment without giving me a second glance. Suddenly one of them, a tall, attractive boy called Harri, raised his head and grinned, I briefly smiled back and then quickly looked away.

Clearly as far as everyone in the room was concerned my new gender was one they were familiar with. They seemed completely oblivious that a couple of minutes previously I had been the boy Alex. I found it hard to resist shouting out to everyone what they all seem to have missed. In front of them my unexplained, impossible change had happened. However some impulse of self-preservation stopped me.

I knew one thing though, I needed to get out of the room to be on my own to evaluate my situation. I quickly slipped my notepad and pencil case into my school bag, which now had a few flower motifs to place it across a gender line.

"Excuse me Mr Smithers," I said as I got up from my seat, "I need to go to the loo."

"OK, Alex," he replied as he glanced up from helping another student, "can you finish this assignment by the next lesson."

"Sure, no problem," I replied before taking a pace towards a door. This first step was almost a disaster when the combination of a two inch heel, too long a stride and the restrictions of my fairly tight skirt led me to come close to falling over. Luckily I managed to regain my balance, holding onto an unoccupied chair.

A few seconds later, after more measured, careful walking, I stood outside. I looked up and down the corridor and it seemed to be very little different in appearance, apart from a slightly brighter shade of paint on walls and subtly different posters.

I turned and, as quickly as possible, made my way towards a temporary sanctuary. As I walked along the hallway I was reminded of the full impact of my inexplicable weird changes with every jiggle of my constrained boobs and every sway of my hips.

With relief I opened the door to the toilets and immediately froze in my tracks.

"Hey Alex!?#!" yelled the nearest of two sixth form boys relieving themselves at the urinals.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," I said as I immediately backed out into the corridor, feeling the strong heat of the visible signs of my embarrassment forming on my cheeks. I located the correct door and quickly entered.

To my relief there were no other students there. I cautiously made my way towards a mirror and was startled as a younger version of my adult sister suddenly appeared to be walking towards me. I stopped a little away from this complete stranger and marvelled as she copied every gesture I made.

"Hi," I said to my doppelgá¤nger, who opened her mouth in sync with me. It was then I noticed the frame of the full length mirror I was looking into.

I stood for a few minutes examining every possible view of my new female body. Apart from the strangeness of the shape and lost inches in height there was something reassuring in seeing so many traces of my sibling in the new me.

The bell for the end of lessons and the beginning of mid-morning break rang.

Anticipating the sudden onrush of girls who would wonder why I was studying myself so precisely I retreated into one of the cubicles*. I pulled the toilet seat up, pushed my tights and knickers* down and then reached for what was no longer there!

A little crestfallen I sat down and relieved myself, another alien experience, before examining the contents of my school bag.

Firstly I took what looked like my purse. The student ID card announced my new name as 'Alexandra Johnson', so not much change from 'Alexander Johnson'. Otherwise the contents looked remarkably similar to what had been in my wallet earlier. A debit card, my house key and a small quantity of cash.

I took out my school work and leafed through it. Apart from the expected name change, my subject files looked almost identical to the ones I packed this morning before leaving home. Maybe a subtle more feminine touch here and there was the only difference I could make out.

My mobile was similar but a smaller model and finally I took out a little bag which revealed itself to be full of make-up.

"Now that's different," I muttered to myself before repacking myself, drying myself, pulling up my skirt and knickers and making my way past some younger girls out of the loos.

"Hey Alex, how's it going?" asked a familiar voice behind me as I faced the school canteen trying to summon enough courage to walk in and face the complications of my new identity.

"Hi Sophie, good and you?" I replied after I had turned towards my girlfriend from a lost male life. I wondered what her status would be now.

She walked up to me and took my arm before steering me towards the double doors of the dining hall.

"I need a coffee desperately," she said, "Jones is such a dry teacher, I think I should have done Chem with you, anyway you got to tell me everything."

"Everything?" I asked, wondering what Sophie could be referring to.

"You know," she said, giving me a strange smile, "you and Jonny."

"What about him?" I asked wondering what could have happened between my best friend, well at least to the male me, and myself.

I was glad of the company as we made our way past the heaving cafe and picked up a coffee each from the drinks machine. We found two seats at a corner table. I busied myself with stirring my hot drink as I waited for some explanation for Sophie's ambiguous comments.

"You told me yesterday," she said, after a little pause, without making anything clearer.

"What did I tell you yesterday?" I asked, feeling increasingly exasperated.

My friend leaned forward and whispered, "don't you remember? You said you were going to Jonny's place after TJ's and.....you know."

I was beginning to get the gist of whatever might be happening between Jonny and myself but before I could question Sophie further I felt an arm around my shoulder. I turned to see the person we had just been talking about sitting next to me.

"Hello sexy," he said before pulling my mouth towards his. Caught by surprise I did nothing to resist this movement but then I almost retched as he kissed me with his lips wide apart, his tongue entering my mouth. I could feel myself getting increasingly nauseous as his superior strength kept me in an embrace.

After a few seconds, which had seemed like minutes, he disengaged and got up.

"See you later, baby, still thinking about last night," he said before striding off in the direction of the gym for what I assumed was rugby training.

As soon as he had left I got up and muttering to Sophie, "I need some fresh air," made my way as fast as possible towards the school grounds.

"Wait, what's wrong?" asked my friend as she gulped down her drink and followed me.

A couple of minutes later I was standing in the shade under a larger oak tree while all around me hundreds of my fellow pupils were enjoying the late spring warmth as they walked or ran around the school grounds.

The thought of what must have happened between me and Jonny the previous night increased the high levels of nausea from his embrace and kiss and soon I was emptying the contents of my stomach on the grass.

"Wassup?" asked Sophie, "you ate something?"

I used the paper handkerchief, I had grabbed from our table on the way out, to clean up my mouth.

I turned to face Sophie and noticed her expression of concern. I really wanted to try and tell her everything that had happened to me this morning but I sensed she would find it very hard to assimilate. I decided on a white lie.

"Listen Sophie," I started to explain, "for some reason I seemed to have lost my memory."

"You're kidding?" she asked in surprise.

"No and it's not only that, I had this strange dream that I was a boy and that you were my girlfriend," I continued.

Sophie smiled and there was a pause before she replied.

"I can still be your girlfriend," she said before gently pulling me towards her and kissing me softly.

*cubicle = toilet stall
*knickers = panties


To Be Continued...

 
End of Part 1

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hibernation

Hi everyone,

Hope the approaching end of the present season is finding you all well.

My writing brain seems to have gone to sleep for the last couple of months while we're were experiencing record low temps and record depths of snow.

Hopefully will slowly get back into it.

Hugs

Alys

An interesting awakening from your LONG sleep

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hi Alys,

There are a few other authors (Whose names rhyme with Mannette and Faun bin Lawlawtosa. See I'm being VERY circumspect and NOT naming anyone. Just a VERY subtle hint about whom I might be speaking.) who could learn much from your awakening. You certainly started your awake period with a smash. Great first chapter!!

Thank you. (Sorry for using this comment on YOUR wonderful story to kick the buts of other writers, but their buts REALLY NEEDED a gentle boot tap.)

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Hello Alys

Glad to see another one of your wonderful stories here. Looks to be as interesting as "The Gift From Mars."
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

crossing over

I use to imagine suddenly being in another world much like this story. Well done Alys! As for that last sentence, Whoa, girlfriend!

hugs!

grover

Nice...

Great first chapter. Got me hooked.

"No and it's not only that, I had this strange dream that I was a boy and that you were my girlfriend," I continued.

Sophie smiled and there was a pause before she replied.

"I can still be your girlfriend," she said before gently pulling me towards her and kissing me softly.

From the above quote, I'd venture a guess that Sophie either knows of or has something to do with, Alex's change.

PB

You tease!

You can't just post a little bit and leave us hanging, that isn't nice! We need more, and soon!

And speaking of needing more, great piccy, but you'd have to at least treble the amount of fabric used to make that bikini bottom just to bring it to the level of indecent. I've seen shoe laces with more fabric! :-)

Yuri!

Yuri!

I think there is plenty of fabric there

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hey Yuri,

I just feel VERY sorry for the girl, who has to wax enough area not to show 'spider legs'. OUCH!!!

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Indecent?

It definitely has minimal coverage, but 'indecent' is defined more by what is revealed and how it is revealed than by what is covered.

An indecent or sexy outfit will accent certain parts of the body and deliver the message that the wearer is trolling. The bikini on the picture delivers the message that the wearer is confident and comfortable with her body. Her posture delivers the same message.

Ray Drouillard

So does the blue hair

The bikini on the picture delivers the message that the wearer is confident and comfortable with her body.

Repeat after me: It was only a joke. It was only a joke. It was only a joke.

Yuri!

Yuri!

Cold Winter

Alys,

It's great to see another of your stories starting. Very kewl premise.

The bikini top and bottom are both fine.

I was wondering, since your country is affected, if you've seen, read, heard of, any studies that might indicate that the ocean conveyor is slowing. This would mean that the gulf stream (as we call it over here) might be pulled more weakly toward the British Isles, therefor delivering less heat.

You're probably familiar with the hypothesis that greater melting of ice on Greenland and the Arctic Ocean would lead to more fresh water entering the North Atlantic, diluting the salt water and decreasing it's density. The ocean water cooling and increasing it's density as it reaches the Arctic Ocean, and then sinking, pulling warmer water north is what drives the ocean conveyor. If the surface water nearing the arctic is less dense, it will sink more slowly, slowing the conveyor. It's theorized that too much fresh water run off could decrease the water density so much that it would not sink, stopping the conveyor. This would change the Western European climate to one much colder.

That all occurred to me when you mentioned your unusually cold and snowy weather.

Good luck with the story. It's nice here in the Phoenix area now, just hard to bear in the summer, all 6 months of it!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Cold Winter

It's cold here in Michigan, USA, too -- not to mention the rest of North America. If anything, a weaker Golf Stream would take less heat away, making us warmer.

The hypothesis that the cold weather is caused by a slower Golf Stream is not supported by this data.

Ray Drouillard

Intriguing Gender Flip Flop

terrynaut's picture

Hi Alys. Welcome back! I wondered where you'd wandered off to.

This story is interesting and intriguing. Someone is playing with alternate realities or something here. Naughty! Five demerits for whoever did it! ;)

I hope your muse is kind and keeps feeding you more of this story. I'd very much like to see how it plays out.

Sophie did adjust far too well to Alex's "dream" I think. She's my prime suspect.

Thanks and please keep up the good work.

- Terry

STOP!

joannebarbarella's picture

Off your knees, you BC girls! The next flip-flop of the quantum universe is mine. MINE I SAY! I already did the deal with the Queen Of The Universe, The Lady Alys. Those screams you hear are the birth pangs of my awakening into my alternate girlhood, and it's MY TURN FIRST.
That butterfly's wing in far Siberia flapped for me, not for you.
Already I wonder where this is going. Imagine your girlfriend becomes your best friend, albeit with some sexual overtones and vice versa with your best friend and an unwelcome shift in points of intimate contact.
Welcome back Alys. Can the 4 inch door be far behind?
Hugs,
Joanne