Netherworlds Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

I crawled slowly back to consciousness.
Body stock check - arms: 2, legs: 2, head: 1, penis: 0.
My eyes slammed open, if that’s possible.
“Hey, he’s up!”
Argh. Am I always going to be beaten to consciousness?
I was in a hospital bed. Not surprising, really…
Ah. The memories. There they are.
I craned my neck, and on my chest, I had a pair of boobs - I have no idea what size, it’s not the kind of thing I needed to know until now. I didn’t really need to look to see that I was lacking downstairs.
So. I’m a girl now.

Netherworlds

Chapter 4

By Taveena


 
Author's Note: And here we go. I found the story - duh duh DUH duh duh duh DUH duh... dramatic chords!
 
 
It was a new day. As the sunlight filtered in through the blinds over my window, I turned my teary and sleepy face to the dawn. I’d had another three spasms in the night - after the first one, they’d strapped me down to avoid a repeat of the events in the doctor’s waiting room. I was kinda envious of Sarah - she’d only had 2 fits so far, and only one of them had been in a public place. It’s apparently easier for girls going through this, because the body gets rid of all the fat from the boobs. There’s none of that in the penis, so it’s a helluva lot more painful. Apparently girls actually get turned on by the body eating their boobs.

Urgh.

On that… pleasant… subject, mine had grown during the night. Not much, but… yeah, it happened. Oh, and my penis started bleeding. Not a “time of the month” type bleeding. Just… more like disintegrating. They had a bandage on it trying to stop the blood loss. But no, that’s alright, because the fucking disease cut off my blood supply for me. My penis was going blue, but it didn’t hurt, because my nerves there had been disconnected too. Worst part? This is all freaking normal, apparently.

Not in my bloody book.

They were pretty much supplying unlimited food, though, but it never filled me, my body consuming it straight away. Sarah visited me a few times in the night, but she had to leave because I kept having those fits.

I felt like crap the whole time. My stomach threatened to regurgitate everything I put in it, but my, uh, “increased metabolic rate” made sure it didn’t have enough time to come out. Course, I threw up anyway, there just wasn’t anything to throw up.
I’d spent the whole of the night I wasn’t throwing up or having fits crying. It’s supposed to be the oestrogen rush. Maybe that’s why Sarah was so stoic then.

Sarah Khan. An enigma wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in a nutshell.

Uhh, I dunno what that means. Again - smart sounding words for the win.

She was odd - after I’d poured my heart out to her, she did the same to me. She’d come from Singapore, but her parents had moved to Australia when she was 4, hoping for a better education. It worked. To a point.

When she was 7, she was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. This is about 10 times rarer in girls than boys - but it turns out I had it too, my parents didn’t care enough to check until I was 12.

Aspergers (sometimes called Ass burgers or Asparagus syndrome) is a mild form of Autism. Bonus to intellect, reduction to social skills. Also, stronger senses, lower pain tolerance, and a huge hate of homework. Also dark vision and +2 bonus to resist poison (nerd joke. LOL! Ahem.)

Aspergers is reasonably common. Except in girls… but then again, Sarah was hardly ordinary.

Back in primary school, in ‘quiet reading time’, she’d pull out the dictionary and scan through it. Both of us found Discworld in year 6, and Netherworlds the year after. She was my only friend. That’s odd enough in itself to merit (smart sounding word obsession) a remark.

Maybe it was just me, but since I hit puberty, she’s seemed like the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. Up to now, anyway. Her face was looking more and more rugged by the hour, and it’s hard to see someone as the girl of your dreams when she’s growing stubble.

I sighed. They guessed I was only 2 more fits away from complete girl-dom. Sarah - even though she got it first - had another 5. Mum had come in a few times, Kara came in once. It was awkward, to say the least - Kara had to suppress her delight in having an older sister, and her mournfulness that the aforementioned sister - me! - would be sent off to quarantine as soon as the goddamn disease was done with me. Mum had wound up buying me this stack of girl’s clothes - fortunately, no dresses or skirts or anything like that, just girl’s jeans and tank tops and some other pant(ie?)s and things. No bras, though, cause no-one had any idea how big they (you know, THEM) would be. I was hoping there’d be some when I got there. As well as the stuff for… you know, “time of the month.” Heh. Seems like a werewolf.
 
 
A knock on the door distracted me from my sniffling. It was Doctor Nikoshyn, as his name turned out to be - he was actually a pretty nice guy. I’m surprised he wasn’t worried about infection, but he’s the doctor, right?

“Aaron? Can I come in?”

“Yeah, go ahead.”

Nikoshyn - turned out his first name was Olaf, and seriously, I’m tempted to write “lol” at that name - entered the room. He had a package.

“Aaron, I’m afraid by now you are about 75% female. There’s going to be another two spasms, but if you’d rather get it over with, we can activate the rest of the nanobots now.”

“I thought you weren’t sure it was a ‘bot,’ I said.

“We’re not, but electricity seems to stimulate them, so Nanobots seems the most likely… anyway, would you prefer to finish it now?”
I thought about it briefly, then nodded.

“Capital!” It was such a British word, it seemed funny coming from this swarthy Russian man. “Your young ladyfriend has made the same choice.”

I grinned, slightly, but it was all too much. I burst into tears, because I just couldn’t cope with it.

The large man sat down on my bed and patted me on the back.

“I’m never - *sob* going to go - *sob* home. I’m never - *sob* going to play - *sob* Netherworlds again.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Your mother said you might be worried about that, so she asked me to give you this.”

He handed me the large (ish), cardboard box, and I tentatively opened it. I opened my eyes wide. My heart swam in geekish joy.
I lifted the laptop out of the box, and had a look at the specifications. I was right - the graphics card on this was insane. And according to the docket, it had internet access ANYWHERE - with less than 10 ms latency, even from overseas. It seemed impossible, but it was this worldwide network with some kinda radio wave and satellites.

I smiled, for the first time in days.

“Alright. Let’s get this over with.”
 
 
About 30 minutes later, Nikoshyn lead me into a greyish, Spartan room. Sarah was already there, and she ran up to me and hugged me tightly, whispering into my ear “I’m sorry, Aaron… I’m so, so sorry… I’m so sorry I infected you… I’m sorry…” and other variants.
There was a defibrillator, a board like they use when they’re rescuing swimmers with broken bones, the whole defibrillator charging kit, a couple of doctors, a nurse, both my parents (on opposite sides of the room, glaring), Kara, a couple o’ teachers from school, and a few people I didn’t recognise. Also the premier and someone who I assume is his secretary.

I realised I was in an operating theatre, and that everyone (except Nikoshyn and Sarah) was on the other side of a sheet of glass. The defibrillator and the board weren’t.

“Ready?” asked Nikoshyn, picking up those pads you see in movies - and cliché-ly rubbing them together.

I nodded, slowly.

“Which of you wants to go first?”

Me and Sarah glanced at each other.

“I’ll go first. I’ve got further to go than you, Aaron…”

He looked at her. She still looked like a girl, albeit a rather mannish one. Sort of like a semi-convincing transvestite, I guess.
Me? I… didn’t look like me any more. Hell, I was a chick… I just looked like a tomboy. I guess I could still say I was a guy, because between my legs was a furiously bleeding dick, but short of dropping my pants, anyone who looked at me would’ve seen a girl. Not a particularly attractive one, but definitely a girl.

And I was only 75% girl so far. I passed androgynous some time last night.

“No, Sarah. I need to get this over with before you. I’m bleeding like hell… uh, downstairs.”

“What? Is it your time of the month?”

“No… not yet. I’ve got a disintegrating penis down there - and I never thought I’d say this, but I want to lose it as soon as possible,” I said, wincing at my own words.

“Oh, right. Go ahead, then.”

I laid down on the board. It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

Nikoshyn and Sarah both helped buckle me in.

“Are you ready for this?” he asked.

“Hell no, but go anyway,” I said.

“3... 2... 1... CLEAR!”

Everything went black.
 
 
I crawled slowly back to consciousness.

Body stock check - arms: 2, legs: 2, head: 1, penis: 0.

My eyes slammed open, if that’s possible.

“Hey, he’s up!”

Argh. Am I always going to be beaten to consciousness?

I was in a hospital bed. Not surprising, really…

Ah. The memories. There they are.

I craned my neck, and on my chest, I had a pair of boobs - I have no idea what size, it’s not the kind of thing I needed to know until now. I didn’t really need to look to see that I was lacking downstairs.

So. I’m a girl now.
 
 
“Aaron? You there?”

I sat up in the bed.

“Whosit?” I asked, groggily.

“Me. Sarah.”

I looked over to my left. There was a really fit-looking Asian teenager there, sitting in a nearby bed If I had to guess, I’d say he was 17 or 18.

It looked like we’d been moved out of the cancer ward. For once, there were no nurses, no doctors, no weird clowns asking if I wanted to win a Nintendo DS Lite, no parents. It was just me and that guy.

That… guy?

“Sarah? That’s YOU?” I asked.

“Looks like it. How do I look?” she asked. She?

“Um… fit… athletic… er, muscly…”

“Seriously?”

“Yeeaaaaaah… you don’t look anything like how you used to,” I said. This guy was SARAH.

He grinned. “You can hardly talk,” he said. He was Sarah!

I gulped.

“Uh… how do I look?” I said, nervously.

“In two words - fucking hot,” he said.

“What?”

“Seriously. Have you seen yourself?”

I looked down, and realized he was right. I also realised I was naked, and my boobs were showing. With a squeal, I pulled up the thin sheet and covered my… uh, bountiful chest.

Sarah started to laugh. He was really deep now.

“Dude, I’m not going to try anything. I looked like that about an hour ago,” he said.

I didn’t let the sheet fall.

“Look, if you’re that paranoid, your mum left some clothes on the side of the bed. If you need help with anything, just lemme know.”

I sighed. “Alright, I’ll put it on, but you have to look away first, okay?”

Sarah laughed his new deep, throaty laugh. “Alright.”

I climbed off the bed and pulled a pair of plain white… well, underpants. I don’t really know how to describe them. There was a matching bra, which after a lot of fiddling around, I still couldn’t get on.

“Hook it up in front, then swivel it round.”

I whirled around. “YOU LOOKED!”

Sarah turned out to have his back to me, which was just as well.

“Christ, Aaron… I didn’t. Everyone gets stuck there the first time round.”
I followed his advice and I soon got the bra on. It felt a little tight, but I seriously needed that support. I pulled out a pair of navy tracksuit pants and a white tank top, which I hastily put on, along with a pair of flip-flops.

I turned around, and it looked like Sarah had got dressed too, in basically the same outfit I was in, but, you know, for men.

“Umm… I can’t really think of you as Sarah any more. You’re just… just… not,” I stammered.

“Come to it, you’re not much of an Aaron either. So what’re you gonna call yourself now?”

“Er. I don’t know.”

“Something starting with A? Anna, Angelica, Angeline, Alana, April, Ashley…” he suggested. I think he was wistfully hoping for Ashley.

“Ew, no. I’m a gamer, not a Hollywood weirdo.”

“Well, what then?”

“Uh. I suppose I could go with Lara. That’s the same as my character, except… you know, missing the ‘I’”

“Lara. Hm, alright. And it is gamer-y, Lara Croft is a pretty big name in gaming. I dunno what I’ll be, though.”

“Well, we can’t really alter Tauro’thon to be a name. So… S names? Sam’s the only one I can think of,” I said.

“No, not Sam. Um…I need a really boyish name. I’m a guy now, I don’t want to pretend I’m a girl still.”

“Um. Michael?”

“Hm, I like that. Can we keep it to just Mike, though?”
 
 
So, yeah. That’s where Aaron and Sarah died. And where Lara and Michael were born.

And that’s really just the beginning. What happened afterwards…. Well, you’ll see. Or read.

“As they say,” I said as we stood there, looking at the new us’s “when life throws you a curveball, make lemonade.”

“It’s not rocket surgery,” said Mike.

And I started giggling Little girlish giggles. Mike just grinned.

Well, he would.

He’s a boy.
 


 
To Be Continued...

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another great chapter

I wonder what trouble will our gaming duo will get into next ;).

Lily.

Big changes

I meant to comment earlier but better late than never. These two has some big challenges in front of them. I did think you had some of the most unpleasant transformation scenes since American Werewolf in London. The body was twisting and convulsing turning into something new. They were willing to speed everything up just because of bleeding and the pain. The old stuck between a rock and hard place. Anything to make the pain and discomfort end. Good stuff. Keep them coming!!!

hugs!

grover

Similar Story

This story is similar in concept to "Kate Draffen" By Swishy, who also set her? story in Australia.

Not that you plagurised anything... just someone said it was 'nice to have some Aussie authors' and I thought I'd remind them...

Dayna.

ps. Warning to americans... "Commonwealth English" spelling in effect.