Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms: Chapter 2: Answers that give more questions

Printer-friendly version

Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms

A boy thrust into distant world and transformed into a girl has enough to worry about without having to deal with unwanted male attention. Can Natasa find the answers to whats happening to her and avoid being made a woman against her will by a power hungry false king.


Chapter 2: Answers that give more questions

For what seemed like hours Natasa sat there dwelling on what had happened and more importantly what was going to happen from now, The maids had kept her company bringing her drinks and talking to her about her life before but the nagging sense of dread never stopped and Natasa felt she was going to end up throwing up.

Things were so bad even the maids noticed how pale Natasa had started to look, she still looked like a heavenly beauty but at the same time the maids were concerned and tried their best to cheer her up. One of the maids even bought some wine in the hopes it would calm Natasa’s nerves but nothing seemed to easy Natasa’s mind.

During her wait, Natasa took some time to study the object that the king had given back by the king’s guards in more detail. One thing she noticed straight away was that even though when the guards had taken it off her it had changed it was now once again a beautiful sword and scabbard.

Even though Natasa thought it strange, she decided not to worry about it too much thinking that maybe she had imagined that it had changed. The sword and scabbard were beautifully made, the scabbard appeared to be gold with silver inlays and was encrusted with beautiful gems.

The guard of the sword was also adorned with gems and it looked like whoever had made it spent plenty of time making it perfect. The sword itself was even more of an oddity, the grip looked hard and uncomfortable to hold but when Natasa put her hands around it she found it was surprisingly soft and delicate.

The sword seemed perfectly balanced in her hand as she held it; the pommel was adorned with fine gems, which Natasa thought might have helped to balance it. The fuller that ran down the centre of the blade was also highly crafted with strange symbols etched into it.

From what she could tell they appeared to resemble symbols she had seen in a history lesson at school and she had the feeling they said, ‘Heavens Will’ although she wasn’t too sure as she couldn’t remember ever learning how to read the symbols and wasn’t sure why she seemed to know what they meant.

The guard was also inscribed with the word Ishtar again, it was written in unusual symbols. There were even more unusual things about the sword that really perplexed Natasa, the first being that the sword itself weighed very little, it looked heavy but if she didn’t know she was holding it she thought she may not even have noticed the weight at all.

Then there was the blade itself that not only was an odd shape but also didn’t seem sharp when she touched it with her finger but when she used it on an apple it went through as if the apple didn’t exist. Most strange of all was how the blade seemed to glow when it was in her hand but dulled when she put it down.

After spending a good amount of time going over the sword Natasa eventually decided to put it away and not worry about it too much, the sword was pretty strange to say the least but she had more important things to worry about than a glowing sword.

Shortly after putting the sword away, some guards arrived to escort Natasa to the king but when they entered the room both guards stood awe struck by Natasa’s appearance, Natasa became very nervous and started to wonder if there was something that made her look strange.

Being all dressed up in such a girly manner certainly didn’t help her thoughts , it was then that she realized they were not looking at her because she looked strange but because she was beautiful, she didn’t like thinking it but at the same time if felt as though suddenly she had a secret power.

The thought also crossed her mind that if her looks can affect these two guards in such a way then maybe she can use that to her advantage and escape at some point. It was at that point when the head maid came in. She immediately noticed the guard’s expressions and after tutting to herself, she asked Natasa to follow her.

The guards followed without saying a word, the palace itself seemed fairly empty and they hardly passed anyone, those they did stopped whatever they were doing or saying and stood there almost mesmerized by the sight of Natasa. Natasa was still carrying the sheathed sword although it seemed to have changed shape when the guards came and it no longer resembled a sword at all.

The head maid had tried to get her to leave it behind but Natasa had refused to leave it, as they walked Natasa recognized the doors leading to the throne room she had been in earlier but instead of going to it the maid led her past it and to another set of doors at which the maid knocked.

Natasa heard the kings voice command them to enter and the maid opened the door, inside Natasa noticed straight away that the room appeared to be some kind of banquet hall, there were several large empty tables and right at the end was the king sitting at the biggest of the tables.

Natasa made sure to do as the maids had instructed her earlier and she gracefully did a courtesy to the king. Natasa felt relieved that she managed it without falling over, her knees felt like they were made of jelly and would give way at any time. When she plucked up the courage to lift her head she noticed straight away the expression on the kings face.

The king looked extremely surprised, ‘”you have done well,” he said to the maid, “when I asked my guards to tell you to make the princess look beautiful I never expected her to be this beautiful.” Natasa felt a surge of anger but held back from saying anything, what made her so angry after all it’s not as if she enjoys the way she looks she thought.

The maid replied “thank you your highness but I cannot take all of the credit, Natasa was already beautiful she just needed cleaning up a little and dressing appropriately, other than that we did nothing but allow her beauty to be seen.” The maid curtseyed and asked to be excused.

“You may leave us,” the king told the maid and the guards, the guards though didn’t seem to hear and were still standing staring at Natasa as if unable to pull away. Natasa noticed the kings expression change to what appeared to be anger, the king lost patience and addressed the guards again.

“If I ever find you looking at the princess again in the manner you are now I will personally kill you both now leave,” he ordered. The guards realizing the mortal danger they were in quickly bowed and left the room. “Come sit with me,” the king ordered Natasa.

Natasa cautiously made her way around the table before hesitating by the chair to the right of the king. The king looked like he was getting impatient and repeated himself telling Natasa to sit, “sorry,” said Natasa nervously as she apologized.

“You are a strange girl indeed,” said the king “you have been here less than a day and already I have had to threaten my guards.” “Your highness,” interjected Natasa “I didn’t mean… ...” However, the king cut her off and continued speaking, “I know you didn’t mean to insight such curiosity and attention, it is far from your fault you have the kind of beauty that makes men forget themselves.”

At those words Natasa relaxed herself a little, she wasn’t keen at all on being the subject of so much attention and she certainly didn’t like the way men seemed to be looking at her after all as far as her mind was concerned she was still a guy deep down. She was at least glad the king did not blame her for the guard’s behavior.

“Why did you hesitate to sit down,” asked the king. “I am still very nervous,” answered Natasa. “Nervous why?” “Well your majesty everything is still really confusing, I have no idea why I’m here or even how I got here, my body has changed beyond recognition, and I have been captured and accused of attempted assassination.”

The king interjected, “I never thought you were an assassin,” he said calmly, “and from the moment I laid eyes upon you I knew that was not the case.” “Then why am I being held captive?” “Something about you made me want to possess you and I also wanted to know how you got into the centre of the palace unaided.”

Natasa shyly looked up at the king, “but I don’t know how I got here I haven’t any clue at all” “I know that I have already spoken to the maids who attended you earlier.” “You had the maids spy on me?” Natasa said in anger.

“Of course,” replied the king, “I needed answers and while with the maids I knew you may let your guard down and speak more freely although I’m not fully convinced of what you told the maids.”

“Let me show you something,” said the king as he got up from his chair and made his way to a window that was behind Natasa, Natasa got up and followed. “This is my kingdom,” he said as he pointed out of the window, “it has a delicate balance one that is not yet fully established.”

“When the queen disappeared several years ago, I was a general in the army and I saw my opportunity to rise from the ranks, however my control was not fully accepted by the people and since then there has been much conflict and in fighting.”

“Several attempts have been made on my life but I have crushed those that have dared to try, when you appeared in this palace I had to make sure there was not some kind of secret entrance and also make sure that my instincts about you are correct that you’re not an assassin.”

“Your majesty,” interrupted Natasa, “what are those?” she said as she pointed to the sky, the king’s eyes followed her fingers, there in the sky appeared to be two moons one overlapping the other. One of the moons appeared to be red in color while the other more of a blue.

“They are the twin moons of this world, are you telling me you have never seen them asked the king?” “Of course I’ve never seen them where I’m from we only have one moon and it looks nothing like those.” Natasa’s knees gave way under the sudden realization that she was definitely no longer on earth.

The king caught her before she hit the ground and he gently picked her up and carried her back to her chair. “You really are a strange one,” said the king “well I think we can establish what you said to the maids is true after all.” Natasa’s eyes slowly opened and she began to remember where she was.

“I am sorry,” she suddenly wailed, “I did not mean to collapse,” she said, “it’s ok,” said the king “it is obvious you were in shock.” Natasa lowered her head, “what is going on where am I really and what are you going to do with me,” Natasa’s eyes welled up as tears began pouring from her eyes.

“When did I become so pathetic,” she yelled “I never used to cry I was always the manliest of men and now I am reduced to crying at the slightest thing,” the tears would not stop no matter how much she wished it. The king looked a little taken back by Natasa’s current state but he refrained from comforting her.

“Pull yourself together,” said the king in a harsh tone “I will tell you what is in store for your future, you will accept that you are no longer in the land you were before, you are in my kingdom and as such you belong to me. The sooner you realize this the better it will be for you.”

“I will take your body and soul and you will become my concubine one way or another.” “No please let me go,” begged Natasa “I don’t want to be that, I’m a man you can’t seriously want me to do things like that to me,” the king looked angry, “a man indeed look at yourself you are a beautiful woman there is nothing about you that says you are a man.”

“You are even crying as women do, do you really expect me to believe that part of your story. Even mages of this world working together could not muster the power to make a man into a woman especially one so beautiful. Stop crying and accept your fate.”

Natasa could not stop the tears as the king had ordered, instead they flowed more and with her head in her hands she sat there weeping. The king summoned the maids, “take her back to the women’s chambers and calm her down, make sure she knows that although she may have escaped me tonight it won’t be as easy next time.”

“I will take her tears or no tears soon so she better get used to that thought before then.” The maids did as ordered and escorted Natasa back. Once in the room the maids worked on removing Natasa’s clothes and makeup before dressing her in nightwear and leading her to the bed.

All the time Natasa wept, the maids tried their best to comfort her and calm her even trying to offer her wine but nothing they could say or do stopped her tears and she wept herself to sleep.

The next morning Natasa was awakened by the maids bringing her breakfast but Natasa refused to eat anything, “try to eat something Princess” said the brunette maid, “don’t call me that,” spat Natasa “I’m not a princess I’m not even female I’m a man.”

“Begging your forgiveness princess but the king has made it clear he intends to take you as his concubine therefore that automatically gives you the title of princess whether you like it or not. Being a maid here means we have to show proper respect to those of the royal house.”

“Now that the king has decided to make you his I must refer to you in a proper manner or risk being executed.” “Executed!” repeated Natasa, “yes,” said the brunette. “Can I at least ask your name,” asked Natasa. “I am Militta your highness.”

“Militta please summon the other maids I want to at least know all of your names even if you can’t call me by mine.” “As you wish princess I will summon them at once,” Militta answered. A few moments later Militta returned with three other maids one of which Natasa knew was the head maid.

“This is Sousanna and Frato your highness they are the same as me, and then there is the head maid Aella,” all the maids did a curtsy to Natasa. “So,” said Natasa “you cannot and will not call me by name?” “no,” said Aella “we cannot call you by name anymore you are her highness the princess of Assyria.”

“It is under the king’s orders that we respectfully use the title princess for you from now on. You must get used to being part of the royal house now that the king has decided to make you his concubine. I fear if you do not accept the position and his advances he will take what he wants then kill you without hesitation.”

Natasa did not like the sound of that one-bit but what could she do to stop it. If she had still been a man she would have fought the king as she had done at school with any opponent, but now that her strength and power had gone and she had nothing but a weak body and a desperate need to cry all the time. Why when tears come am I unable to hold them back like before, is this why women cry so easily Natasa thought.

Even so, I have to find some way of getting back home and back to the life I had, my grandmother must be worried sick by now. Just then Aella interrupted Natasa’s thoughts, “princess once you have eaten your breakfast we will help you get dressed please call us when you are done.”

With that, the maids left the room. Natasa did not want breakfast but at the same time she felt so hungry, she hadn’t eaten all day yesterday due to what happened and because of that the hunger took over and she felt compelled to try to eat something.

Natasa had to admit the food was excellent, and once she tried a little of what was available she ate enough to stop her hunger before recalling the maids to help her get ready. As the maids helped her get dressed Natasa thought about how if it were up to her she would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

This world did not seem to have those to hand not that the maids would have let her wear them had they been there in thousands. No instead, the maids dressed Natasa up in a beautiful girly outfit again before adding some jewelry to finish off the look. Natasa stared at the mirror and again found herself shocked by how beautiful she looked in these clothes.

If nothing else she thought the maids certainly know how to dress her up well. After adding the finishing touches and when all was done Aella came up to Natasa and offered Natasa a tour of the palace to which Natasa agreed although in her mind she was just looking around to find an escape route.

Before they had chance to leave the room though one of the kings guards came to tell Aella to bring Natasa to the kings study, Natasa sighed hoping that this wasn’t the continuation of last night and that the king didn’t want his wicked way with her there and then.

Aella led Natasa to a room fairly close to the throne room before knocking. “Come in,” replied the king as Aella and Natasa entered. “Ah I see you have stopped whimpering now,” said the king coldly. “I am glad I found it extremely difficult to put up with yesterday.” Natasa said nothing but just glared at him. “Do not look at me like that it is unbecoming of a lady,” he taunted.

“Look I haven’t brought you here to have what I want, I wanted to let you know I’m going away from the palace for a day or two to crush a rebellion near one of our borders. Aella make sure the princess is looked after while I am gone and also take some time to teach her how to behave like a lady.”

“We will your highness,” said Aella. “Be warned princess while I am gone the palace will be heavily guarded so don’t even consider trying to escape,” said the king in a cold voice. Natasa felt sick at the sound of his voice, it was so cold and menacing that it sounded like death if she dared even try.

After curtseying to the king Aella led Natasa back to the women’s rooms and got her to sit down. A second later Aella returned with a drink for Natasa, “here princess drink this it will help calm your nerves.” “What makes you think I am nervous,” spat Natasa.

Aella looked shocked at this outburst, “I’m sorry princess I meant no disrespect,” said Aella. “No,” Natasa interrupted “it’s not your fault your right my nerves are shot, listening to the king saying that scared me and it has put me on edge, I lashed out at you and I’m truly sorry.”

“Without your help I probably would have been dead by now simply for not being courteous to his majesty.” “Thank you,” responded Aella “I’m glad to be of service to you.” Natasa drank the drink Aella had brought and indeed it helped calm her nerves as its warmth travelled through her body.

“What was that?” asked Natasa politely. “It’s a special wine that Assyria produces which warms the body as its drunk.” “You’re not trying to get me drunk are you Aella?” said Natasa. “No princess I would never do that I just wanted to help calm your nerves honestly.”

“It’s ok Aella I was joking I didn’t mean to worry you, that wine worked wonders and if it’s not too much trouble I would appreciate that tour.” “I’m so relieved for a moment I thought you were serious,” said Aella “come on lets go and I will show you this palace.” Natasa got up and followed Aella as they left the women’s section. As they walked down the corridor away from the room, Natasa noticed a guard was following them.

“Is he following to stare at me or is it the kings order?” asked Natasa. “Probably the kings order,” replied Aella “he did say security would be tight and there is no tighter than being followed. Try to ignore him and just try to enjoy the tour your highness.”

Natasa saw many wonderful rooms on the tour of the palace, in particular she loved the balconies that each room had as they allowed her to see the flowers in the gardens. Although it unnerved her that she had started appreciating flowers, why she thought to herself, flowers are not manly so why do I love the smell and touch of them.

Maybe it’s just a side effect of becoming female or maybe I’m becoming soft of my own will, oh well she thought there isn’t much I can do about it right now. About half way through the tour, Aella led Natasa to the library. Natasa stood there in awe of the vast room that looked like it went on forever.

“Every kind of book is here princess from stories to magic and even more, feel free to peruse these books whenever you want, just let me know beforehand so I can arrange it.” “Why would you have to arrange it?” asked Natasa. “Well,” said Aella “due to the kings orders you can’t just walk around by yourself.”

“Now that the king has decided to make you his and you have been given the title princess those people who have tried to assassinate the king thus far may make you a target so for now until the king is happy you’re safe we will have to escort you around the palace.”

Natasa was not happy about this as it made trying to escape even harder, how am I going to even get out of the room without a guard seeing let alone escape the palace. Wait a second thought Natasa, last night that person came and said she would get me out somehow.

Maybe I shouldn’t worry so much and see what happens later, “Aella, I want to spend some time here in the library do you think we can hold back the rest of the tour till tomorrow.” “As you wish,” replied Aella, “I had a feeling you would want to check a few books. If you need anything just call I will be outside.” “Actually Aella I could use your help.”

“My help?” questioned Aella. “Yes Aella I need your help this library is vast and I doubt I can cover it all in one go, so will you help me find some answers to why I’m here and what’s happening.” “Of course princess,” replied Aella “although I’m not sure how useful I will be.”

“First things first Aella do you have any idea where we might find a book about swords?” “I’m not sure,” replied Aella “maybe we can ask the library.” “Ask the library what do you mean ask the library it’s a room not a person.” “Well actually the library is sentient I’m not sure how it works but it does.”

“Just ask a question to the keeper of the books.” “Ok,” said Natasa with raised brows, she was feeling a little silly asking a room for a book, but she thought what the hell it’s worth a try, “Keeper of books,” Natasa said loudly “do you know a book that can tell me about special swords?”

A deep male voice responded “yes a book on swords can be found in isle 3a second column third row down tenth book from the right.” Natasa looked like she was in shock, “what was that?” she asked as she looked at Aella in disbelief. “The keeper of books,” replied Aella, “from what I can gather it is ancient technology.”

After a few minutes, they found the book the keeper had directed them too and sure enough it was indeed about special swords. Natasa and Aella made their way to a table close by and Natasa opened the book. Both Natasa and Aella studied the book carefully.

The book spoke of several swords of great significance to the world but one reference in particular caught Natasa’s interest, there was a mention of a sword of Ishtar. It was rumored to only be able to be drawn by Ishtar’s avatar. There were no pictures though and there was very little in the way of physical description.

Ok thought Natasa let us try something else, “Keeper of books can you tell me where there is a book about Ishtar and specifically the sword of Ishtar?” “I can indeed,” came the response, “isle 40 column 10 row 5 and 15 books from the right.” Sure enough that’s where they found it.

This book seemed to have much more information and finally there was a picture of the sword, it matched the sword Natasa was carrying when she came into this world. It was definitely the sword Natasa had inspected at last night; Aella by this time had a strange look on her face.

It was a look of disbelief in what she was seeing. She had seen the sword Natasa had been carrying she had seen Natasa draw the sword although she hadn’t said anything to anyone else, and here she was reading that there is a sword which can only be drawn by Inanna for the goddess of Love and War and the picture looks identical to Natasa’s sword.

“Princess,” said Aella “do you realize what this means.” Natasa looked puzzled “yeah it means it’s someone named Ishtar’s sword whoever that is.” “Do you not know about Ishtar?” asked Aella in disbelief. “I don’t know,” responded Natasa “why is she important?”

“Is she important,” repeated a shocked Aella, “of course she is important she is the goddess of Love and War, she is so beautiful that men would fall on their swords for her if asked, not only that her avatar was known by another name.” “Another name?” asked a bewildered Natasa. “Yes, Inanna our queen several years ago before she disappeared.”

“Inanna was the goddess Ishtar’s avatar but several years ago some evil men who wanted nothing but power forced their way into the palace and before Inanna managed to protect herself she suddenly disappeared and those men disappeared too.”

“There was panic in the kingdom no-one had any idea where the queen had gone, some suspected she had been killed others that she had been kidnapped and a few thought she had been taken to another world using dark powers. It was then during the chaos that Seleukos took the throne to restore order.”

“In doing so he declared martial law and had people executed for doing nothing more than walk in the streets after a certain time.” “Ok so we’ve established that this sword may have been your old queens, and then I have to wonder what it was doing on earth.”

“Those power-mongering rebels must have taken it along with our queen, have you never heard of anyone called Inanna on your world Princess?” “No, I have not,” replied Natasa “but I have heard of the name Ishtar, when I was studying history at school I am sure the name Ishtar was mentioned as a goddess in Babylonian times.”

“If I remember my history correctly she was goddess to several ancient cultures on earth, but that was centuries ago.” “Centuries!” said Aella “that cannot be true if she was transported to your world surely it would have been several years ago, if that is so does it mean that time flows faster on your world than it does here?”

“My queen!” cried Aella “alone on a distant world never able to return.” She put her head in her hands and wept. Natasa looked puzzled for a minute then the reality of the situation and the reason Aella was crying set in. “Does that mean after being here a day years have passed on earth.”

Natasa’s eyes welled up too, what of grandmother is she even still alive does this mean I can never go back thought Natasa, as they answered questions new ones arose in Natasa’s head questions that tormented her mind of how it meant everyone she knew may already be dead.

No, she thought it could not be true I have to find a way to return I have to get back to my home and to my body I cannot live like this forever as someone’s sexual play toy. Natasa stood up with a determined expression on her face, “keeper of books I want a book about necklaces especially magical or special ones.”

“As you wish princess isle 5 column 4 row six third book from the right.” “Thank you,” responded Natasa and she hurried off to find the book. A few moments later she returned already deep into reading the book. “I found it the necklace that started this mess.”

“I remember the old weird guy in the antique store mentioned that the necklace was Babylonian, this book confirms it was queen Inanna’s, it also says that the necklace can’t be removed and is there to protect Inanna from harm, it says it was created by the mage Hypatios centuries ago.” said Natasa.

“It was supposed to be passed from mother to daughter through the generations as a way to protect the queens of this kingdom from harm when they rule. It was passed to me by my grandmother and she said it had been passed from mother to daughter for centuries.”

“Does that mean I am descended from Inanna, if that’s so what happened and why am I here, if it was the necklace that brought me here then why didn’t it bring Inanna back, unless it had to be the necklace and sword together that brought me here and changed me.” hypothesized Natasa.

Because I am not a daughter of my family, it must have made me one when I was transported. Well that would explain a few things but that does not help me get back to being male and it certainly does not help me get home thought Natasa. What now I cannot think of anything else I can do.

Aella had since got up from her chair and was on her knees bowed down facing Natasa. Natasa looked puzzled “what are you doing?” she asked. “I beg your forgiveness my queen for not knowing who you were before.” “Hold on,” Natasa said stopping Aella from her speech.

“There is no way I am queen here so please don’t do that.” “But the books,” said Aella “they confirm you’re the heir to my queen, you are a descendant of her bloodline there is no doubt.” Natasa again stopped her, “do you know what would happen if the king heard you saying that, he would be even keener to have me.”

“I’m sorry your highness, if you order me I will never speak of it again.” “For now,” replied Natasa “let’s keep it between you and me let’s not have anyone else find out about this.” “As you wish your highness, do you want me to refer to you as princess and your highness as I did before?”

“Yes I think that would be best that way it will arouse less suspicion.” “I will do as you command princess. My Lady is there anything else you wish to look at here?” “No Aella that is fine there is little more I can find here today maybe we will look another day if I survive that long.”

“Well princess if there is nothing else here let me guide you back to your chambers and I can then get food for you, it has been many hours and I’m sure you are hungry.” “That would be fine Aella, I am a little hungry right now although I’m not sure I can cope with food after reading all that.”

All the way back to the rooms Natasa’s mind ran through the day’s events, first there was that nasty king, Natasa felt nothing but hate towards a man who would even consider doing those kinds of things to her. Then there were the answers to where the sword and necklace came from.

Those answers that threw up more questions and even more turmoil, if I am the queen’s descendant then that would mean I am the true successor to this kingdom Natasa thought, if the king ever found out he would use that to his advantage and I would be in a worse situation than I am now.

I hope I can trust Aella to keep quiet and keep the secret of what we found she thought. Back at the rooms Aella ordered the other maids to fetch food while she tended Natasa, the other maids went off as ordered and began organizing food for Natasa.

While they were away Aella whispered to Natasa, “Princess I was the one who spoke to you the other day about escape.” “You Aella!” replied Natasa. “Yes your highness I have friends outside the castle who plan to rescue you, you see I’m not really a maid your highness.”

“I am actually one of prince Athanas’s generals but that day when the queen was taken I arrived too late to protect her even though I was sent to, I have to help you before the current king does anything to harm your life. So tomorrow, the plans set in place to take you from here to somewhere safe.”

“Who is Prince Athanas?” “Prince Athanas the next in line in the adjoining kingdom, he has been helping the rebels fight Seleukos,” replied Aella, “he has even been supplying the rebels with his own personal guard and also helping with food and medical aid.”

“When the prince got word of the possible plot against the queen seven years ago, he dispatched me to protect the Queen. I rushed here as fast as I could but I was too late, there was no sign of what happened to the queen only rumor, I stayed so I could spy for the prince and also hopefully find what had happened to the queen and I guess now I know.”

“Once we are away from here, we can formulate a plan to take back Assyria from Seleukos.” ‘”But I want to go home” “your highness now is not the time to think of selfish things, the people need you, you are the rightful queen of this kingdom and I’m sure you don’t want to allow their torment to continue.”

“I will let you decide princess, but please think on it and let me know when you have decided, I know you will make the right choice,” and with that Aella left the room.

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This chapter

followed nicely on the foundations set in the first one. It seems that Hiromi -- umm -- Natasa is in for one heck of a ride in this one. As are, I think, a lot of the other characters in the story.

Well, another one I'll be watching for updates on. *sigh*

I'm really enjoying this.

Natasa the Queen

And the war between good and evil begins with Natasa right in the middle. Will she accept her destiny. What about her Grandma?

This is a good story and I am looking forward to the next chapter and the next twist or turn for our heroine.

Thanks for sharing your muse.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

This Is Shaping Up To Be One

One heck of a god 'thud and blunder' story. It will be fun to see what happens.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

lost stories

That is what someone thought. I am glad I found them.

What to do??

When bored and nothing appears worth reading.. Go to Top Shelf Classics!!

alissa