Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms: Chapter 6: The Prince of confusion

Printer-friendly version

Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms

After a hard battle to reach Carthage Natasa and company finally arrive, Natasa still knows nothing of prince Athanas or his plans. The questions are, now here what can they expect to happen? who is princess Apollonia, did she send men to attack and if so why?


Chapter 6: The Prince of confusion.

The rest of the journey seemed to pass without a single problem, it seemed like it had only been about half an hour before Carthage was in sight. As the wolf approached, a new voice came over the comms, “general we were getting concerned is everybody ok,” said the voice “we can see you have extensive battle damage.”

Natasa opened up the comms, “everybody is not all right, no thanks to you,” she said angrily “Aella needs medical attention straight away.”

“How you dare speak to us like that and who are you to refer to the general by name, state your name and rank,” shouted the voice angrily. Natasa sighed, what is it with these people.

“Look,” said Natasa in a calm but commanding voice “Aella needs medical help immediately, my name is Natasa now please tell me where I can bring Aella so she can receive help.”

“I cannot do that until I verify who you are,” stated the voice. Suddenly the comms burst open.

“How dare you push aside the princess like that have you no meaning for the word authority,” Frato shouted.

“Princess!” said the voice in shock, “the princess is piloting the wolf?”

“Yes!” said Frato abruptly.

“My sincere apologies your highness, I knew the general was escorting you here but I did not expect you to be piloting.”

“Neither did I,” sighed Natasa “now where can I bring the wolf so we can get Aella medical attention.” Seconds later the voice came back,

“Your highness you need to bring the wolf to Hangar 5 that is located at the south wall, I have opened it up and I am sending a medical team there to meet you.”

“Thank you,” said Natasa as she began heading for the city’s south wall, sure enough Hanger 5 was open and ready and Natasa skillfully guided the wolf inside before finally shutting the wolf down. The minute the wolf went silent Natasa’s exhaustion finally caught up with her and she fell into a deep sleep at the controls.

Natasa true to her word slept restlessly for the rest of the night until midmorning the next day when on waking up she found herself in a lavish bedchamber. Someone had taken time to dress her in nightclothes and had tucked her into bed. As her eyes came into focus more Natasa suddenly realized Frato, Militta and Sousanna were sitting beside her.

It looked as though they had been there all night as they were fast asleep and leaning against one another; they looked so peaceful that Natasa did not want to disturb their peaceful slumber. It gave Natasa chance to get her head together because all throughout her sleep, she remembered that dream again and it unnerved her, the same dream she has had since she was little.

In the dream Natasa is in a beautiful garden full of flowers, she has always been a beautiful girl in the dream and is always wearing dresses fit for a princess. Every time she has the dream, she feels that she is deeply in love with the only other person in the dream, she does not know who he is as regardless of how many times she has had the dream the sun is always behind him.

She has never seen his face not even once but she can tell from his silhouette that he is muscular and tall. Out of the blue she hears his voice calling to her, “Princess you know how I feel,” said the voice softly “I love you with all my heart, I hope one day we will meet and I can showyou this garden for real.”

To have the same dream every night since she was young, the words are not all the same but he is the only person other than her in the dream and they have shared so many conversations. Natasa has always made it out to be a nightmare that was there to torment her and tease her. Natasa has always thought it was because of the teasing the other kids gave her all her life manifested in dreams.

As she remembered the words that his voice spoke in her dreams she remembered the last parts of what he said in this latest dream, “Princess, I nned you,” said the voice “I cannot live without you, without you my life is incomplete, I hope we meet soon so I can ask you to be my wife my soul mate, my queen.” As Natasa remembered that last part she jolted back from the daydream and let out a loud gasp.

The gasp was so loud that it woke Frato from her slumber, “princess you’re awake!” said Frato in a joyful but sleepy daze as the other two maids woke up too.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you, you all looked so peaceful I wanted to let you rest but then I fell into a daydream which caused me to gasp in shock,” said Natasa whilst blushing.

“It’s ok,” said Frato politely “we never meant to sleep at all, we sat watching over you but we must have dozed off,” said Frato apologetically.

“It’s okay, to be honest I didn’t expect you to stay up watching over me.”

“We were worried,” said Frato “you kept mumbling in your sleep and you wouldn’t wake up so we got worried, were you having a bad dream?”

“Something like that yes,” said Natasa in a slightly flustered tone. “I never expected to fall asleep at the controls of the wolf,” she continued trying to change the subject.

“Well you did fight hard,” said Frato “it’s understandable that you were tired even the prince said so.”

“The prince!” sputtered Natasa “The prince was here?”

“Yes!,” said Frato “the prince came to see if you were okay when he heard you had been taken out of the wolf on a stretcher. He seemed very worried about you, but we told him what had happened and he said you being so tired was to be expected.”

“Did he say what’s happened to Aella?” asked Natasa suddenly.

“Aella is fine,” said Frato “the medics treated her and she is getting some rest, they said that she had a sprained arm a broken rib and a slight concussion but other than that she is recovering well. We took it in turns to visit her and she said she will see you later.”

“Princess you were awesome,” said Sousanna “you saved us and a general of all people, and everybody is talking about the return of the goddess of war,” she continued.

“I don’t want to be talked about,” said Natasa Bluntly.

“That maybe so princess but you are a hot topic right now, they say the three mecha’s you fought in Akkadia were piloted by some of this kingdoms top pilot’s, well other than the prince and Aella that is they are the elite pilots here,” said Frato.

“Everybody has seen how you defeated the mecha from Ur and how you single handily took on three crack pilots from Akkadia with no prior piloting experience and using a heavily damaged wolf.” “They say the wolf was so badly damaged the engineers were amazed anyone managed to get it to Akkadia let alone fight off four hostiles,” said Sousanna.

“That’s enough! Sousanna, I’m sure the princess doesn’t want to hear too much about the wolf and fighting the minute she wakes up,” said Frato politely.

“Militta now the princess is awake please go and get the bath prepared, Sousanna you start organising clothes, I will go and prepare a drink for her highness,” said Frato ”as soon as the princess has had her drink and something to eat we will begin to get the princess ready to meet prince Athanas,” she continued.

“OOOO the prince is so dreamy,” said Militta in an overly girly way “you’re going to love him princess,” she cooed softly.

“I doubt that,” said Natasa bluntly.

“Why not princess?” said Militta looking puzzled.

“Well the fact that I was a guy back on my home world springs to mind,” said Natasa sarcastically, “I will never fall in love with a guy as I intend to find a way back to being a guy”

“Oh don’t be like that,” said Militta “at least meet him first before you make up your mind,” said Militta with a pout.

“There is no need to make up my mind, I was a man for 17 years and I hope to be a man again someday so there is no point even thinking about falling in love especially with another guy,” said Natasa sharply.

“Best to leave that subject alone,” said Frato to Militta “the princess still has hope to getting back to how her life was before regardless of the feelings of those who have come to love her, If the prince wants to try to win the princess over then let him do it himself, one way or another the princess will decide and we will support her in her decision no matter what it is.”

“Thank you Frato, I am glad you feel that way,”

“Actually princess,” said Frato “I don’t feel that way, I would like to see nothing more than you and the prince together ruling Ur and Akkadia side by side as our king and queen, but I will support you in whatever you choose to do, and if you decide to leave even though I don’t want you to I will respect your decision because you will always be our queen.”

“I personally think you and the prince would make a beautiful couple and I can tell from meeting the prince that he is infatuated with your beauty, if you were to get together it could mean a lasting peace on this world with the two great kingdoms united as one. But saying that I am just a maid and I have no right to say such things,” said Frato with a tear in her eye.

“You’re not just maids!” said Natasa “none of you are just maids to me, you have all helped me so much and I consider you as friends, your opinions do matter to me and I value them greatly so never think you are just maids and never let anyone treat you as just maids either” she said sternly.

“It’s not that I never want to fall in love,” Natasa continued “it’s just that all my life I have dreamt of a very different future one where I marry a beautiful woman and have children.” Natasa knew this was not true, she had never fancied a girl and her dreams didn’t help either but she wasn’t about to admit that, her dreams had always unnerved her even when she was young.

Natasa always thought the dreams were caused by being called princess when she was young; having a female name always caused her to be teased by the other children, until she learned to fight that was. The dreams Natasa has had every night since she was young were the very opposite of what she was telling the maids.

The dreams always took place in a vast garden that seemed to Natasa to stretch for miles in every direction, the garden was full of beautiful flowers of every variety and colour. She had the feeling the garden was far from her home in Okinawa but she couldn’t ever be sure how far.

In the dream Natasa felt deeply in love with a prince who made her heart pound whenever he was close, she had never once seen his face though as whenever he entered the dream he always had the sun behind him and all Natasa could see was his silhouette, Natasa had always tried to believe the dream to be more a nightmare than a dream, it was as if her worst fears were manifested in a dream tormenting her soul every night since she was young.

Yet there was part of her that wanted to stay in the dream because the love she felt there was indescribable, the prince’s embrace felt warm and intoxicating and she felt both safe and at peace in his arms, yet her waking mind tried to reject everything about the dream because Natasa had always strived to be a masculine man.

During the day she would try to forget the dreams but every night she would once again be reminded of her love and feelings within the dream. It was very confusing and so Natasa tried to push all thoughts of it aside and try to dismiss what it could mean. She was not about to tell the maids all this though as it would re-enforce what they all believed and wished for.

Back to the present Natasa was just finishing her drink while still speaking to the maids. “It isn’t easy to have that turned upside down and have to consider that I might be the wife instead of the husband,” Natasa told the maids. As she said that she finished her drink and got up so the maids could help her get ready.

It was then that she noticed how beautiful the room she was in appeared, as with the room within the caves system it appeared to have been decorated and furnished for a princess with satin cushions on the chairs, then there was the bed which was a four-poster bed with beautiful but delicate hangings all around it that Natasa estimated to be queen size.

The bedding seemed to be very soft cotton which was beautifully embroidered, also in the room as with everywhere she went there was an abundance of flowers which gave off such a beautiful aroma. The flowers were not mixed as with the ones at the caves and the palace in Assyria.

Instead the flowers were all Lilies except one solitary white rose in with a vase of lilies. Frato noticed straight away that the rose had caught Natasa’s eye. “I see you have noticed the gift the prince left for you!” said Frato.

“Yes its beautiful,” said Natasa without thinking “I mean yeah I saw it because it stands out, why is it the only rose out of all these flowers?” asked Natasa hoping to change the topic.

“The prince brought it with him when he came to see you,” said Frato “but because you were sleeping so deeply he asked for it to be placed in a vase with the lilies until you woke up. He said a rose among lilies is like you beautiful and unique.”

“The prince is so romantic,” cried Sousanna.

“Is he?” asked Natasa trying not to look fazed by Sousanna’s words.

However the thought that the mysterious prince took the time to come to see if she was alright and even brought her a rose unsettled her slightly, she suddenly remembered her dreams again especially the one last night in which the prince in her dreams gave her a white rose that he had picked as they walked around the garden talking.

Natasa decided not to think about it anymore after all it was a dream and this is just coincidence she thought. Natasa was amazed as she entered the bathroom attached to her bedroom as it was extremely lavish with a beautiful marble floor and a huge marble bath. The maids seem to have gone to more trouble than usual.

Flower petals floated on the surface of the water and the water itself smelt as though it had scented oils in it. It looked and smelt heavenly and the maids had even placed a tray of breakfast beside the bath itself. “How come the bath is like this?” asked Natasa curiously.

“There is no real reason,” said Sousanna “other than us wanting to thank you for saving us, we just wanted to show you how grateful we are that you’re here with us and that because you are here we are alive right now,” she said as she smiled softly.

“Thank you,” said Natasa “you didn’t have to though, honestly I did nothing special and to be honest I was a little frightened until I got to the controls, as for me being here,” she continued “had I not been here your lives would never have been in danger and I’m sorry you had to get involved.”

“Don’t say that!” said Sousanna “we are really happy you came to this world, and sooner or later our lives would have been at risk because of Seleukos and how evil he is.”

As Sousanna said that the maids helped Natasa out of her nightclothes and into the steaming bath. The bath not only looked heavenly but it felt heavenly too as every muscle in Natasa’s body began to relax. When she woke up she felt a little sore but this bath was definitely helping ease the discomfort.

As Natasa enjoyed breakfast the maids took their time making sure every inch of her skin and hair was cleaned of any sand and dust, eventually they led her out before helping her dry her body. Within no time Natasa was dressed in underwear and her makeup and hair was done perfectly.

“You should wear this Princess,” said Frato as she showed Natasa the most beautiful outfit she had ever seen. “The prince had it made just for you for your birthday banquet later today,” said Frato.

“Banquet, what banquet?” asked Natasa slightly confused.

“The prince has organised a banquet for you later tonight to celebrate your birthday and also welcome you officially to Akkadia. It is also to honour the skill and bravery you showed whilst on the way here,” said Frato,

“who will be there?” asked Natasa curiously.

“Well the prince and yourself and a number of nobles and high ranking officers,” replied Frato.

“Wont you Militta and Sousanna be there?” asked Natasa.

“No princess,” said Frato “as maids we are not permitted to attend.”

“That’s not fair! Why can you not attend, if you can’t attend then neither will I,” said Natasa defiantly.

“But princess you must attend,” pleaded Frato “the prince would be most upset if his guest of honour were not to attend.”

“I don’t care,” said Natasa bluntly “if you are not attending then I see no reason why I should attend after all I’m no-one special.”

“Princess,” said Frato politely ”you’re not a nobody if you were you would not have the title of princess, you are heir to the throne of Assyria the future leader of the people of Ur that alone makes you somebody important. Your title means you have a responsibility to attend certain functions and events including this banquet,” said Frato commandingly.

“You are the guest of honour, think of all the effort the prince went to so that he could have a banquet for you so please you must attend. The other maids and I will be fine.”

“But I didn’t even want a banquet.”

“That maybe so,” said Frato “but you still must attend.”

Just as Frato said that there was a knock at the door to the princess’s chambers, Frato got up to answer it and found a messenger holding a number of packages, “begging your pardon,” said the man “my name is Aiolos the princes messenger. The prince asked me to bring these packages for you all. Prince Athanas has also sent invitations to all Princess Natasa’s maids.”

“The prince said these were for Frato, Militta and Sousanna and you should wear them for the banquet, he also asked me to give this to the princess and said it is a gift for her birthday. Finally he wished me to pass on a message that he is looking forward to meeting the princess properly when he comes to collect her for the banquet later.”

Frato thanked Aiolos as he handed her the packages and excused himself. Frato made her way back to where Natasa was sitting and placed the packages down on the table before handing a stunned Militta and Sousanna theirs. Frato then handed Natasa her package and the maids all gathered around to see what the prince had sent her.

Natasa carefully placed the box on her lap before slowly opening it, inside she found a letter addressed to her and underneath it she found a beautiful crown and a single red rose. Natasa moved the box onto the table and took the letter and the rose out of the box. Natasa soon had the letter open and began to read it aloud so the maids could hear while she smelt the rose not even realising what she was doing.


Princess

Firstly I want to wish you a very happy birthday, Aella and the maids told me that today is your eighteenth birthday and I wanted to organise something special to mark the occasion. However because all of this has happened as soon as you have arrived the banquet I originally set up to officially welcome you to Akkadia will have to be your birthday celebration too.

That doesn’t mean that I won’t be organising something more private to celebrate your birthday though. Anyway please find a couple of small gifts inside the box, the crown I hope you will wear tonight is a symbol of your status as princess and future queen of Ur, no crown princess can be without one.

I also wanted to say that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, even surpassing Queen Inanna’s beauty which was legendary, ever since I saw you I haven’t been able to get your image out of my mind. The crown I give pales in comparison to your beauty but when you wear it I have a feeling it will shine.

Athanas

“OOO so romantic,” cooed Militta. Frato and Sousanna seemed to be thinking the same thing also; all three of them stared at Natasa as if trying to see what she was thinking. Natasa’s looked flustered and her cheeks were bright red from blushing intensely, even if Natasa didn’t want to admit it the maids knew that the prince’s words had touched her heart.

“So!” said Natasa as if trying to brush away her thoughts before they overwhelmed her, “what has the prince sent you?” she asked changing the subject.

The maids looked down at their packages almost as if they dare not open them. It was a shock in itself that the prince even considered sending them anything at all after all they were maids and it was unusual for maids to receive such gifts.

“I want to see what the prince sent you” said Natasa impatiently, “open them quick!, quick!”

Frato looked at the other two maids and on seeing that they still looked unwilling to open theirs she took the plunge and began opening her box. Suddenly her face changed to show utter shock and disbelief.

“What is it Frato?” said Natasa again impatiently.

“It’s an outfit” said Frato coyly, “in fact it’s an outfit similar to yours although not as decorative and beautiful as yours princess but never the less it is still beautiful” said Frato softly. “There is also a letter” continued Frato as she removed it from the box and studied it closely.

“Hurry up and read it out” said Natasa excitedly.

“Open it then” said Sousanna and Militta in unison as they both opened their boxes too to find similar outfits in different colours.

Sousanna let out an excited yelp, “there are even matching shoes and bags in the box too” she said as she rummaged around in the box.

Frato cautiously opened the letter as if expecting it to explode. The letter like Natasa’s appeared to be hand written by the prince himself thought Frato as she began to read it out to everyone.


Dear Frato, Militta and Sousanna,

I wish to show my appreciation for the support you have given the princess since she arrived. Aella has told me all about how you helped the princess become accustomed to being on this world and how every day you have been emotionally supportive when the princess needed you the most.

Aella also told me how you three surrounded the princess and refused to leave her side and pledging to protect her when you thought she was in danger. I would hope that now that you are in the Akkadian kingdom that you will continue to support the princess, there is a lot that she does not know of this world and also many things she still probably doesn’t know about herself.

I would ask that you stay by her side and always support her as you have done so far. Normally maids do not attend banquets as guests but on this instance I want you to rest relax and attend as the princess’s friends rather than as her maids. From what Aella has told me I feel that this is what the princess would want and it is also what I would want. So please wear these gifts and attend as honoured guests.

I feel that having you there will also make the princess feel more at ease as I know she is still having a tough time adjusting to all that has happened to her and especially being in the lime light so to speak.

Athanas

Frato sat there after finishing reading the letter looking completely bewildered, she had never heard of maids attending banquets as guests before.

“You can come!” said Natasa excitedly, “I am so pleased, I was a little unsure of what to think of the prince but it is obvious he is a good man to have been this thoughtful knowing how much you all mean to me and that I would want you there.”

Sousanna and Militta seemed to be smiling but also had vacant expression on their faces.

“Right snap out of it girls’ said Frato as she came to her senses “lets finish getting the princess ready so we can in turn prepare as I am sure it won’t be too long before the prince comes to collect the princess.”

Militta and Sousanna sat still overcome from the shock of the prince’s words.

“Militta, Sousanna snap out of your daydreams,” she continued “if you don’t then we won’t have time to get ready so we can also attend.” Immediately the two maids seemed to get their senses back and began assisting Frato in getting Natasa into her dress and fixing the crown on her head.

“You know the prince is right this crown really does shine when it’s on your head” said Frato with a smile.

As the maids worked on the finishing touches Sousanna turned to Natasa, “Princess what do you think of the prince now that he has done all this” she said politely.

“He seems ok,” said Natasa nervously in response “but I don’t know enough about him still to make a proper answer.”

As Natasa said this the maids finished getting her ready and Natasa got up and went to the dress mirror to see how she looked, she still had not gotten used to seeing herself like this but she had to admit every time she saw herself she was amazed by how good a job the maids did in making her look stunning.

This time the maids had really outdone themselves and for some reason Natasa felt that she looked somehow radiant, maybe it was the crown she thought, either way she found herself captivated by her own beauty.

“Princess you look more beautiful than ever” said Sousanna, “if the prince doesn’t fall head over heels for you I will be very surprised.”

“Sousanna!” said Frato sharply,

“I’m sorry!” cried Sousanna “I really didn’t mean to upset you princess I just wanted to make you feel good about yourself and how you look.”

“No its fine,” said Natasa “you didn’t offend me as I said before I value all your opinions and views even if I don’t always enjoy those views I prefer to know them.”

“Well at least a few things seem clear,” said Militta “firstly the prince wants to make you feel comfortable and at ease as much as possible, secondly even though he hasn’t yet met you he is already taken by your beauty.”

“Please!” said Natasa as she blushed wildly,

“Sorry princess I didn’t mean to offend” said Militta apologetically.

“It’s okay I am just not used to hearing things said about me like that,” said Natasa softly “I am still getting used to having to dress this way and if I end up having to be female for my whole life I am not sure I will ever be able to accept hearing things like that said about me.”

“You say that as if being female is a bad thing,” said Frato flatly.

“It is though,” said Natasa “as female I am weak I cry at everything, I feel vulnerable all the time especially when surrounded by men. I honestly am not sure how you manage to stay sane and enjoy life as female.”

“You are far from weak,” said Frato “in fact I am pretty sure after seeing you control the wolf that you are much stronger than you think you are.”

“I also think that you will find you have other skills that you don’t even realise you have, after all you didn’t even know you could pilot the wolf but somehow you did it as if you had done it many times before.” Frato continued. “Women might not be physically as strong as men but there are many things men can’t do that only women can."

“Like what?” said Natasa smugly.

“Well for one men cannot bear children,” said Frato “they can never experience the joy of carrying a new life inside them and the pain of bringing that new life into this world.”

“Maybe so,” said Natasa “but no man would want to do that anyway.”

As Frato and Natasa talked Frato and the other maids began getting ready for the banquet, Natasa took a seat close by so she could continue talking more even though in Natasa’s eyes what Frato was saying did nothing to make her feel better about being stuck as female. Natasa couldn’t help but be enthralled by the maids as they got dressed and ready for the banquet.

It wasn’t because she wanted to see them naked or anything perverted like that but she found it amazing seeing how easily they worked on each other while getting ready, Natasa had only seen this from the viewpoint of the person being made up and had never seen exactly what they did with hair and makeup and how they did it.

Not that Natasa had any wish to do it herself because despite her curiosity she wasn’t keen on the dresses and makeup to begin with or so she told herself, even so she couldn’t figure out why she felt compelled to watch as the maids did theirs. Suddenly out of the blue Natasa changed the subject to one the maids were surprised to hear her ask about.

“So what can you tell me about the prince? as you have had chance to meet him” she asked, even Natasa had to wonder where that question came from but she couldn’t help being curious about the man who had provided the means for her to escape the fate Seleukos had in store for her.

“Well,” said Frato “he is tall, muscular and very handsome, but at the same time as being handsome he has a kind of beautiful face too. He has long blond hair that he doesn’t tie back and he is around 19 years old from what I hear from the maids in the palace, also heard he has a very gentle personality.”

“His parents have ruled Akkadia in relative peace for many years; they have a daughter the Princess Apollonia who from my understanding governs the west of Akkadia while the prince governs the east of the kingdom which as you know borders Ur.”

“Although the prince apparently loves his sister over recent years there has been a growing distance between them, rumour has it that Apollonia wants the throne of Ur and is conspiring to have the Akkadian throne too but it is just a rumour. The prince is the first born so he became crown prince at an early age and is destined to rule when his parents decide to hand over the reins.”

“I also hear although the prince has a gentle personality he is a fierce opponent in battle, during his time as commander in chief of the Akkadian forces he has never once lost a battle, the people of Akkadia love him and have been wanting him to choose a wife for that last two years, but again from what I found out he has refused saying that he had already chosen one.”

“The thing is no one knows who the mystery girl is, all he has told the people is they will know who she is when the time is right” said Frato. Natasa looked as though she were about to burst into tears, “are you okay,” asked Frato softly.

“He must be in terrible pain,” said Natasa “to love your sibling but have them push you away must be an unbearable feeling.”

“Its okay princess,” said Frato softly “I have a feeling when he meets you that you will ease that pain,” she continued.

“Do you think so?” asked Natasa, the other maids stood there looking at each other stunned as if they didn’t believe they heard the princess say what she did. Frato was in deep thought, did the princess finally show her true feelings or did she just imagine it.

Looking over at Natasa Frato couldn’t help but notice how sad the princess looked; almost as if the prince was not happy then her heart would break. No thought Frato it can’t be anything like that the princess hasn’t even met the prince let alone got to whether he is in pain. Natasa seemed to suddenly realise what she had just said and how she must have appeared because she suddenly straightened her posture.

“No! No! I didn’t mean it like that,” said Natasa unconvincingly as her cheeks blushed uncontrollably. Just as Natasa said that the maids all got up and came over to her.

“Were all ready,” said Frato. “What do you think?” said Sousanna as she did a twirl in front of Natasa?

“You all look beautiful,” said Natasa as she sat admiring them “outfits like that really do suit you.”

“Do you really think so?” said Militta

“yes absolutely,” replied Natasa “in fact I no longer want to see you wearing maids uniforms,” said Natasa politely. “From now on I would like it if you dress more like you are now, it doesn’t have to be posh outfits but I have never been fond of uniforms and as I consider you more friends than maids I think it fitting you dress as you please.”

“But we are your maids!” said Frato politely, “we have to wear uniforms it’s the way things are” continued Frato.

“As I have said you are also my friends,” said Natasa.”

“Does that mean you no longer want us to be your maids?” said Militta. “Are you unhappy with our services?” said Sousanna.

“No!” said Natasa “it’s not like that I still want your help I could not get by without all of you, I just don’t see the need to wear those uniforms it makes things too formal for me, I want to feel more at ease and I want you to as well.”

“When you put it like that I suppose we can’t refuse,” said Frato politely.”

“Thank you,” said the maids in unison.

“Why don’t you all come sit with me have a drink and relax?” asked Natasa. The maids did as asked and took seats close to Natasa, with them all dressed up in such a way it was as if they were having a tea party.

“I meant to ask earlier but forgot,” said Natasa “when the prince came to see me while I was sleeping did he come in to the room and if so what did he say when he saw me sleeping?”

“We wouldn’t let him in princess, when the prince came we were just dressing you for bed so it would not have been appropriate for him to enter the room” said Frato. “Even though he really wanted to see you and make sure you were safe we refused to allow him in and when we told him why he seemed fine with that and left the rose.”

“So how does the prince know what I look like?” asked Natasa, “his letter earlier said that he could not get my image out of his mind, if the prince didn’t get in the room to see me how can he say such things?” asked a confused Natasa.

Natasa was cut short by a knock on the door and it seemed she wasn’t going to get an answer right now. Frato got up and went to see who was knocking, as she opened the door her eyes seemed to light up.

Frato curtseyed the person who knocked before turning and announcing in a loud voice. “Princess may I present Prince Athanas of Akkadia who has arrived to collect you for the banquet.” Frato opened the door and Natasa and the maids all stood. Seconds later the most beautifully handsome man Natasa had ever seen walked through the door and into her room.

Natasa and the maids curtseyed the prince automatically but as Natasa stood back up from the curtsey her eyes met his and she felt her heart skip a beat. Natasa’s cheeks were flushed as she found it hard to look away from the prince’s eyes, why can I not stop looking at him she thought to herself? And why does it feel like I have seen him somewhere before even though she knew it was not possible to have met before. As Natasa thought those questions the prince had already crossed the room and suddenly he was there right in front of her.

Those eyes so intensely blue that she felt unable to pull away, without warning the prince got down on his knee at her feet and looked up at her, “princess you are even more beautiful in the flesh,” he said softly “and I am pleased to see you wearing the gifts I sent, I had a feeling they would look perfect on you.”

Natasa had no idea what to say it was if her mind had lost all ability to send words to her lips, she didn’t need to say anything though because the prince had not finished speaking,

“Princess!” he continued as he held out his hand, “I have come to officially escort you to the banquet.” “Y you don’t need to kneel” said Natasa nervously.

As the prince took her hand and stood Natasa suddenly realised how tall the prince was in comparison to herself and she was once again reminded of how much had changed since she received the necklace that began this whole situation. The prince turned to Frato, Militta and Sousanna Natasa noticed how teary eyed they looked.

Natasa wondered why the maids looked love struck as if watching some great romance unfold before them.

“Ladies!” said the prince to the maids, “I have not forgotten to bring your escorts” he said softly. He then spoke louder and in a more commanding voice, “Adrastus, Euthymios, Alexandros don’t keep these ladies waiting.”

Immediately three of the prince’s guards who Natasa remembered had escorted them all from the City of Assyria to the safety of the caves walked into the room. After bowing to Athanas and Natasa they made their way to Natasa’s maids before kneeling and offering each of the maids their hand.

Adrastus was kneeling in front of Frato who looked like she was in deep shock, Euthymios was in front of Militta who also seemed to be lost for words and Alexandros was kneeling at Sousanna’s feet.

“Please allow us to escort you to the banquet to welcome the princess to Akkadia,” they all said in unison.

All three maids still looked taken aback from this turn of events. Frato looked over to the prince and Natasa, “begging your pardon your majesty but you didn’t have to do this,” said Frato politely.

“Who said I did anything,” replied Athanas, “my guards do not need me to tell them when to ask a beautiful woman to a banquet.” Frato and the others blushed, “Adrastus, Euthymios and Alexandros rushed here from Ur the minute they heard the wolf Aella was bringing you here in was attacked repeatedly. It appears they were extremely concerned over your well being,” laughed Athanas.

“I am not sure but I think they intended to be back here in time for the banquet the minute they met you in Assyria” he continued, “I say that because the minute they got back here they insisted on being your escorts so you see I had nothing to do with them asking for your company,” said Athanas.

“Now princess,” said Athanas as he turned to look in her eyes, “let us make our way to the banquet so as not to keep everyone waiting.”

Natasa managed to let out a weak “yes” before the prince took her arm and wrapped it around his own. As the prince began to lead Natasa toward the door his guards did the same and followed arm in arm with the maids.

Natasa felt a little overwhelmed from the prince’s presence, everything about him seemed to confuse her, she found herself intoxicated from the smell of him, and she could feel the warmth of his body against hers as he led her out of the room and into the corridor. She also couldn’t help but notice the muscles in his arm as she held onto it to keep from falling.

Natasa couldn’t help but feel confused, ever since the prince’s arrival she had been feeling strange, was it some sort of power he had to make her feel this way or was something else behind all these strange feelings and emotions. Her legs felt weak as they walked and whenever her eye caught the prince looking at her her heart beat suddenly seemed to race as if about to explode from her chest.

Part of her wanted to pull her arm away and run back to the safety of the bedroom but instead she found herself unable to let go of his arm even for a second. It wasn’t that he was holding her too tightly but more like her arm was refusing to let go. In her own mind Natasa was screaming at herself to let go but still she found herself unable to break away.

What are you doing your a man she thought, yet you have easily allowed this guy to touch you and to make you feel weak, the thoughts kept running through her mind so much confusion that she felt her head was ready to burst. Natasa tried to ignore her thoughts and concentrate on walking to the banquet.

It wasn’t easy though with her heart pounding in her chest like this and her legs about to buckle she nearly tripped over her own feet, the prince moved like lightning and caught her before she fell too far. There she was held up by his arms, his strong arms all the while he stared into her eyes piercing her soul with his gaze.

What was going to happen from now on she thought to herself? How will I cope with the future? What if now that he has me in his arms he never lets me go? For that matter do I even want this prince the prince of confusion to let me go thought Natasa?

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Is it, could it be?

Natasa and Anthalas sitting in a tree... Oh, never mind. *chuckle*

This chapter was nice change of pace for the story and added even more interesting bits and pieces. In this one the danger is gone, or at least not imminent -- except for maybe that Natasa just might be starting to change her mind about not wishing to be female.

Love Blossoms

Megumi-Chan,

It appears whether Natasa wants it or not, she is going to fall in love. Can't wait for the cat fight with the sister. Should be an interesting birthday party.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

All things considered

If you have to accept an involuntary sex change, it's nice to come out as a beautiful woman at the top of the pecking order. But it seems she left one problem behind only to walk straight into another one.

just read the last three

just read the last three parts

great story. the love story is very predictable but decent.

Definitely want to read more about the mechs and the god of war. GOod stuff.

Also wondering about other abilities she might have.

keep it up

WOW

This story just keeps getting better. Toward the last, I was drawn in so far that I actually felt I was her (I wish). I can not wait for more. Great job.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

It's Evident That Natasha

Was meant to come to this Kingdom.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine