Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms: Chapter 8: The Kidnap In The Court

Printer-friendly version

Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms



 
After the banquet Athanas gave Natasa something to think about but she collapsed in the middle of an argument. What could have happened to cause her to collapse? Was it intentional or something else? What's in store for the boy turned girl now that she is in the Prince's kingdom?


Chapter 8: The kidnap in the court.

Natasa awoke some hours later to find herself in bed with Frato, Militta and Sousanna busying themselves around the room, immediately Frato noticed Natasa had woken and came over to the bed.

“How are you feeling princess,” asked Frato.

“I’m okay I think,” said Natasa “what happened?”

“Everything is fine princess it was just menstrual cramps, obviously as it’s the first time you have ever had them it must have been a little bit of a shock,” said Frato softly “you’ll get used to them eventually so don’t worry.”

“Menstrual what?” said Natasa with a confused look on her face.

“It just means it’s your time of the month princess it’s nothing to worry about, you might have had stronger pain due to stress and heightened emotions,” said Frato.

“So I wasn’t stabbed?” asked Natasa as she felt her stomach for signs of a wound.

Frato laughed “no princess you were definitely not stabbed, especially not by the prince. After you collapsed the prince carried you back here and got one of the palace maids to fetch us as we were still in the banquet hall, we rushed back worried something awful had happened, the prince was quite concerned he even called for a healer, but when we arrived we realised why you had blacked out.”

“The prince,” said Natasa “what happened to the prince?”

“We sent the prince away, he wanted to stay by your side but we told him you needed rest and privacy, especially when you woke up as we knew you would have questions about what happened and we thought you would be embarrassed if he were here,” said Frato politely.

Frato thought for a second that Natasa appeared sad when she saw the prince was not at her bedside but when she looked again Natasa looked more like her usual self.

“I’m sorry Frato,” said Natasa.

“Sorry for what princess?”

“I ruined your night with the prince’s guards.”

“You didn’t ruin our night at all princess,” said Militta who had made her way over to the bed. “We had a great time and were grateful to have been there.”

“The only thing that would have ruined our night,” said Sousanna also now beside the bed “would have been if you had been seriously ill.”

“I’m glad you feel that way,” said Natasa slightly relieved “I never meant to get into an argument with the prince and end up collapsing, all night I felt a little strange and tried not to think about it.”

“An argument with the prince?” said Frato puzzled.

“The prince never mentioned that you had had an argument,” said Sousanna “he said you got upset but he didn’t elaborate.”

“And here we were thinking how happy you both looked at the party,’ said Militta.

“Really?” asked Natasa, “I mean did you think so, it didn’t feel that way to me especially when he kissed me.”

“He kissed you?” said all three maids in unison;

Natasa blushed as she noticed how much the maid’s looked like cute little girls who just found a puppy. “Yes!” said Natasa bluntly, “after we left the party that Athanas forced me against a wall and kissed me but I managed to push him off.”

As she said that Natasa’s mind flooded with images of that exact moment the prince’s lips touched hers and she could feel the warmth from them, the same time in the real world Natasa unconsciously touched her lips with her fingers as if savouring a taste.

“Princess!” said Frato suddenly.

Natasa immediately snapped out of her daydream, “whoa! What?” she said looking confused.

“Are you alright princess?” said Frato.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” said Natasa as she tried to get the prince’s image from her mind.

“It’s okay princess it’s just when you talk about the prince kissing your demeanour changes.”

“Did it?” said Natasha surprised, “it was nothing just thinking to myself.”

“Oh okay,” said Frato who didn’t seem convinced, just then Natasa felt the sharp pain she had earlier and she began to rub her tummy trying to ease the discomfort.

“So!” said Natasa “tell me how can I stop this pain and what exactly is it?” She asked, it took quite a while to explain before Natasa understood the whole situation and what it was that was causing her so much pain.

She had to admit though the hot water container the maids brought her to place on her stomach worked wonders, well it was either that or whatever they put in her drink. By this time it was already early hours of the morning and Natasa settled down for some sleep, it didn’t take long before she slipped out of the waking world and into the world of dreams.

As Natasa began to dream she found herself as always in the beautiful garden she spent so much time in, nothing seemed to have changed as usual. The sun was in the sky in the direction always appeared, the flowers were as beautiful as ever and in full bloom, every variety and every colour was here as far as Natasa could tell and together they created a unique and extremely beautiful scent that seemed to fill her nose with every breath.

Although Natasa had said to Athanas that the dream was a nightmare when in the dream that’s not how she saw it really, she always made a point of being manly in front of everyone out in the real world and even tried to convince herself that the dream meant nothing.

Natasa had always tried to maintain that the dream was a nightmare partly so no one could ever consider her a freak or strange having them in the first place.

Although her parents knew of the dreams Natasa had dared not to tell anyone at her school. Not even those she considered friends knew of the dreams just in case they thought she was weird. No matter what she said or did in the real world whenever she was in the garden she could not deny how much it comforted her especially when she felt lonely.

It was as if the garden was her one retreat where she could be happiest and the garden seemed to know how she was feeling, today it seemed it was in a particularly bright mood as if attempting to cheer her up. Everything in the garden seemed intent on intoxicating her senses from the beautiful scent of the flowers to the soft wind and sunlight on her face to the vivid colours of the flowers and even their layout seemed designed to please her.

As Natasa took slow deep breaths taking in the beauty of the garden she was suddenly aware of his presence, him the man who always entered her dreams, the man who intoxicated her with just his presence more than the garden ever could. It was if all her senses were especially tuned into him.

Saying that as she had met him here every night since she was young and because every night they talked as they strolled around the garden Natasa felt it was no wonder she could so easily sense him whenever he entered the dream. She always longed to see him as if she hadn’t seen him for such a long time.

Nearly every night without fail he came to spend time with her, in fact Natasa could only remember one occasion when he failed to show up. That night Natasa couldn’t help but worry about why he wasn’t there. She spent the entire night pacing the garden unable to relax.

He was back the next night as normal and was full of apologies; Natasa didn’t care why he wasn’t there only that he was back. As Natasa’s remembered all this she could feel him approaching but unusually he was approaching from a different direction than normal, usually he had the sun behind him but this time he was coming so she had the sun behind her instead.

As he drew closer she caught quick glimpse of his face before suddenly out of nowhere came another person but this person attacked him and before he had chance to defend himself the new figure managed to knock him to the ground. Natasa went to run towards him but she found herself unable to move her legs.

As she looked down at her feet she let out a scream as she spotted arms coming out of the ground gripping her legs tightly. At the same moment Natasa screamed she suddenly woke still screaming from the dream, as her eyes focused she realized that the arms had gone and that she was back in her room.

Frato came rushing into the room, “what’s up princess,” she said in a worried tone.

“I need to get to Athanas,” said Natasa sharply.

“At this hour?” said Frato “he is probably asleep as you should be.”

“No!” said Natasa “it can’t wait I have to see him now, the prince is in trouble I just saw him being attacked in my dream,” said Natasa frantically. ”I tried to help but I could not move.”

“Its okay princess,”’ said Frato “it was just a bad dream I am sure the prince is fine.”

“No his isn’t!” said Natasa “I can’t explain it but I know something terrible has happened to him,” she said as she finally pushed past Frato to get out the bed.

“Princess calm down,” said Frato “honestly the prince is probably fast asleep at this hour and he is guarded so he will be fine.”

“Look!” said Natasa sharply “whether you believe me or not I am going to the prince’s room to find out for myself, if you won’t go with me and show me where his room is I will just have to find it myself even if I have to search every room.”

As she said that she had put her dressing gown on even though it was practically see through and useless for covering up Natasa didn’t care all she wanted was to make sure the prince was safe and even being naked would not stop her with how worried she was at this point.

As Natasa picked up the sword of Ishtar and headed to the door the other maids who had also now woke up from the commotion came rushing in.

“What’s wrong princess?” said Militta in a dazed tone.

“The princess had a dream that the prince was in danger and even though I told her it was just a dream she insists his life is in danger and is planning to go to his room to find out,” said Frato angrily.

“We’ll go,” said Militta and Sousanna together.

Frato gave them both a stern look before turning to Natasa. “Fine princess we will all go and make sure the prince is safe but if he drags you into his room to have his wicked way with you we won’t save you.”

The comment didn’t even register in Natasa’s mind as she was too busy heading out the door closely followed by the maids. “Which way Frato?” asked Natasa.

“Left I think,” replied Frato.

As they made their way through the corridors of the palace they suddenly came across one of the palace maids.

“Princess!” said the maid, “how come you’re wandering the corridors of the palace at this late hour?” it was then that the maid noticed Natasa’s sword. The maid went to run but Natasa grabbed her arm.

“Look i am not planning on hurting anyone,” said Natasa sharply as she looked into the maids eyes. “Prince Athanas is in danger I need to find his room before it is too late.”

“The princess is telling the truth,” said her maids together “she really would never hurt anyone intentionally and she really is worried about the prince” they all added.

The maid looked at them all for a minute before replying. “I believe you,” she said confidently “the prince’s room is this way, follow me,” she said as she led them all down the corridor before turning left and stopping. “The prince’s room is at the end of this corridor, I will go and get help.”

As soon as the maid said that Natasa set off down the corridor towards the room the prince was in. As they approached the room they could see two of the prince’s guards lying face down on the floor with pools of blood forming by their bodies.

Natasa didn’t wait to see if they were alive but drew her sword and burst through the door. The room was dark but Natasa could see there appeared to have been a struggle.

Frato gasped as she entered the room “princess you were right I’m sorry,” she said softly.

“Sshhh!” said Natasa “go back and check on the guards and keep quiet, whoever caused this might still be here.”

“No princess,” said the maids as they followed “were staying with you,’ they said defiantly.

As they slowly worked their way around the room Natasa noticed that whatever had happened it had been one hell of a fight, tables and other objects were lying broken everywhere and glass was strewn all over the floor. Material that once hung around the bed was torn and destroyed.

As Natasa continued her way around the different rooms of the prince’s chambers she saw similar scenes of violence, it was in the bathroom where Natasa became most worried, in there she found another body and for a moment her heart skipped a beat.

“It isn’t the prince said Frato as she and the other maids turned the corpse over.

As they continued to search the chambers and surrounding rooms they found a trail of blood that led to a balcony before it disappeared. The maids were still inside as Natasa stood looking to the ground for where the blood went to.

Natasa could hear a noise in the distance, she recognised it immediately as a mecha but she knew it had to be in stealth as there was no visible sign other than the damage it seemed to have done to the palace gardens.

Natasa had no idea what to do, as her mind considered options there was another noise but this time it was close by and it was human not machine, whatever or whoever it was they were getting closer. Suddenly Natasa instinctively spun on the spot and dodged to the left just as the intruder attacked.

Natasa’s quick reflexes meant that the attacker’s sword missed by some distance and instead hit the rail of the balcony. The attacker immediately went on the offensive again and Natasa quickly raised her sword in defence, as the battle heated up Militta suddenly appeared behind the attacker.

The attacker was startled and immediately turned and lunged at Militta, Natasa moved with almost inhuman reflexes flipping herself over the attacker just in time to block the attack on Militta. As the other maids emerged to see what was happening Militta fainted from the shock.

“Get Militta out of here,” ordered Natasa sharply; the maids quickly dragged the unconscious Militta out of harm’s way as the battle continued. Natasa was now on the offensive angry from the attackers attempt to harm Militta. Natasa launched her attack against the intruder knocking them backwards.

It didn’t take the intruder long to recover and within seconds Natasa was blocking another attack, the intruder then threw everything into one strike but the intruder had underestimated Natasa who easily dodged the attack and in the process managed to disarm the intruder.

Before the intruder had chance to contemplate what had just happened Natasa’s sword was resting at the intruders neck ready to strike a final blow if she had no other choice.

“Surrender,” commanded Natasa “you have no weapon and if you surrender now I won’t have to take your head.”

Natasa didn’t get chance and neither did the intruder because out from behind the intruder appeared Frato with an expression of total anger and hate on her face. In on her hands she had one of the table legs from the debris in the bedroom and she wasted little time before hitting the intruder as hard as she could from behind.

The intruder immediately fell to the floor unconscious as Frato dropped her weapon and ran to Natasa’s side. “Princess you are not hurt are you?” she said panicking “did you get injured?”

“I’m okay,” said Natasa softly “I have not been injured so please don’t worry. How is Militta?” asked Natasa.

“She is shook up we all are but other than that she is okay” said Frato.

Just then Aella, Adrastus and Adrastus’s lieutenants came bursting onto the balcony from the prince’s room. Aella and the prince’s guards looked at the figure on the floor then to Natasa before speaking.

“Princess where is the prince?” said Aella sharply.

“I don’t know,” said Natasa softly “he was gone when I got here, I think he was taken away in a mecha,” she said as she pointed to the damage done to the garden before pointing to where she had heard the sound of it in the distance.

“Adrastus,” said Aella as she turned to him, “go take the intruder to a cell then take your lieutenants track the rest down, they may not be heading out of the city they may be planning to hide out somewhere close, either way the quicker you get out there the better.”

“Also send some soldiers out further in case they make a break for it and notify the border guard no one is to leave Akkadian territory until further notice. Anyone attempting to leave Akkadian soil is to be held for questioning, NOW GO!” Aella ordered loudly.

Aella turned back to face Natasa, “princess return to your room, I will come by shortly to talk to you and ask you some questions about what happened.”

“No!” said Natasa bluntly, “I am going with Adrastus to search for the prince.”

“You need to stay here princess, Adrastus and his men will find the prince and I need to talk to you about what happened so please be patient” said Aella sternly.

Tears were pouring down Natasa’s face as the realisation of what had happened hit her. Why am I crying she thought to herself and why do I feel so lost now the prince has been kidnapped? As Natasa thought that Frato gently took her arm and began to guide her back to her chambers while Sousanna and the palace maid helped Militta who still seemed heavily shaken.

As they walked more guards ran past them on the way to the prince’s chambers. It didn’t take long before they were back in Natasa’s chambers and Natasa sat on the bed in a daze still with tears rolling down her cheeks. She could not help but feel useless, even though she tried hard to get there to stop him being taken from her but she had failed.

Now he could be anywhere even dead and there was nothing she could do about it.

“Cheer up princess I am sure they will find the prince soon they can’t have gone far yet,” said Frato reassuringly “not only that we have one of the kidnappers in custody so I am sure they can get him to tell them where the prince is being taken. So please princess cheer up everything will work out.”

“Do you really think so?” sniffed Natasa softly,

“Yes I do princess so please try not to worry too much they will let us know when they find him’ said Frato softly.

Frato went off to get Natasa a drink to help calm her down. It was about an hour later before Aella showed up, Natasa was still crying and nothing the maids said seemed to be able to sheer her up.

“Princess,” said Aella softly as she took a seat close to Natasa’s bed. “Tell me everything that happened no matter how irrelevant you think it is I need to know”

“Is there any word yet?” asked Natasa.

“No princess there is no word yet,” said Aella “whoever they are they are definitely hiding out somewhere, the border guards are on full alert in case they try to make a move. Now princess please tell me what happened.”

“Where do I begin,” said Natasa “it all happened so quickly.”

“Try the beginning, why were you in the prince’s chambers?” asked Aella.

“Well I saw Athanas was in terrible danger so I made Frato and the others take me to his chambers,” said Natasa.

“You say you saw the prince in danger what do you mean? How did you see him in danger?” asked Aella.

“I saw Athanas being attacked in my dream,” said Natasa.

“A dream?” asked Aella confused “so what made you think he was being attacked for real?”

“Frato,” said Natasa “could you please give me a moment alone with Aella,” asked Natasa politely.

“As you wish,” said Frato slightly unhappy at being excluded.

After Frato had left the room Natasa turned to Aella, “I want you to promise what I am about to say will go no further, you must promise not to tell the prince or anyone about anything I say to you now,” said Natasa in a serious tone.

“Okay,” replied Aella.

“No!” said Natasa “say the words that you promise this will never be spoken of to anyone else.”

“Okay I promise what you tell me now will never be spoken of to anyone else unless you tell me otherwise,” said Aella.

“I have had a dream since I was young,” said Natasa.

“What’s secret about that?” asked Aella “doesn’t everyone dream?” she said with a very puzzled expression on her face.

“Not like my dreams,” said Natasa “even though all my life I was a boy I had always had the same dream each night. In the dream I was a princess and my dream was always in the same place, a beautiful garden. There was also always someone there with me in the dreams.” said Natasa.

“Although every night we would stroll around the garden talking I never once saw his face or knew his name but we were and still are deeply in love,” continued Natasa blushing.

“What are you trying to say princess and how does this relate to the prince?” asked Aella. Suddenly Aella gasped as what Natasa was saying sunk in. “Are you telling me the prince is the guy in your dreams?” asked Aella.

Natasa nodded. “I didn’t believe it at first either, I wanted to deny it and tried to convince myself it was just not possible,” said Natasa. “Even though I never met the prince until last night the minute I met him it felt as though I had always known him” Natasa continued.

“Athanas also seemed to know much more about me than he should have considering we had never met, everything from where I lived before to my daily life.”

“How do you know it is definitely the prince who was in your dreams? maybe someone told him,” reasoned Aella.

“I was not sure at first at least not until the prince told me about the dreams he has had since he was young, even then I did not want to believe that we had been sharing a dream,” said Natasa.

“I remember that,” said Aella suddenly “when the prince was younger I remember him saying something about a girl in a dream and that one day he would marry her, I always thought it was just a kids fantasy. I never once considered that his dreams might be real.”

“Well they are,” said Natasa “last night proved it, as I slept I entered the dream as normal. Shortly after I sensed he had come and was walking towards me as I looked up I saw Athanas’s face for the first time in my dream, until now I only ever saw his silhouette never his face.”

“However someone else appeared in the dream and attacked the prince before he reached me, I tried to run towards him but something held me there and all I could do was watch, it was then that I woke up screaming,” said Natasa calmly.

“From then I made Frato, Militia and Sousanna help me to find the prince’s room, but we got there too late the two guards at his door were already dead. Athanas was nowhere to be seen but It was obvious he had put up a fight as one of the intruders was dead in the bathroom, when we checked the balcony that’s when I heard the mecha in the distance and then we were attacked.” Said Natasa as she finished telling Aella what had happened.

“I still don’t get it,” said Aella “I still don’t understand how you knew the prince was in danger, how do you know the guy in your dream was the prince, sorely the silhouette could be anyone, and maybe you saw the princes face because you met him at the banquet.”

“No it’s wasn’t, don’t get me wrong it’s not something I am happy, to admit, in fact had I a choice I wouldn’t tell you this, when I first met Athanas in the flesh it was if I had already met him. I already felt like I knew everything about him. When I was on his arm it was like he had held me thousands of times before, his smell, his touch, his soft deep voice was all familiar to me.” Said Natasa “That’s why I knew the vision of him in my dreams were real.”

“How would you explain when you were in your own world, I mean l assume it isn’t a world close by.” asked Aella.

“I’m not sure, what I can say is that this necklace brought me here so maybe it’s able to do more than we thought. Maybe it’s able to send dreams over distances.” Said Natasa

“No it couldn’t be that,” said Aella “there is no way a small gem like that could be something he do with this.”

“Small gem?” asked Natasa confused.

“Yes, I was the first to get to where queen Inanna disappeared from this world; I didn’t see it happen but, did hear a strange noise by the fountain. When I got there I found nothing but a small gem which I assumed had fallen from Somebody’s jewellery.” said Aella “At first I thought nothing of it but immediately sent it to the prince in case it was evidence.”

“The prince had the gem mounted in a ring that he has worn since the day he received it, I remember him saying the gem was no normal gem but he didn’t elaborate more than that.” Said Aella “thinking back the gem did look like it was possibly from a necklace, I never really gave it much thought before, and maybe there is a link between the gem I found & your necklace.”

“No that can’t be it, I didn’t have the necklace until after my parents passed away.”

“Maybe it doesn’t need direct contact, who had it before you?”

“My grandmother said she had given it to my mother when she turned 18, but I never even saw the necklace until my grandmother gave it to me.”

“How old was your mother?” asked Aella.

“I’m not sure but l think she was around 40 but I can’t fully remember.”

“If that is the case maybe she showed you when you were a baby, either way there must have been plenty of times you could have come into contact with it without realising what it was.”

“I suppose you could be right, even so it’s still strange, anyway moving on have you managed to get anything out of the intruder?”

“No nothing yet although we do know the kidnappers were trying to look like Seleukos’s men but they were definitely from Akkadia, that means the prince probably won’t be taken across the border,” said Aella “However, other than speculating who is behind the kidnapping we cannot know for sure and we definitely have no idea of their true intentions so the sooner we can find where they are holding the prince the better.”

“What can I do to help?” asked Natasa.

“Very little princess, prince Athanas would not want you in danger because of him and we don’t know if the prince is even the real target or whether you are.”

“Me, why me?” asked Natasa confused.

“Well, for one thing you are the rightful heir to the throne of Ur if you were dead other interested parties may be able to take control or form an alliance with Seleukos,” advised Aella.

Why me thought Natasa. “I don’t care about that, if they want Ur they can have it,” spat Natasa.

“You mean you don’t care if your people have to suffer?” asked a shocked Aella. “I thought we sorted this out before.”

“No it’s not that, it’s just that I never asked or wanted that kind of responsibility. I don’t want people to suffer but I don’t know how I can help them.”

“You amaze me princess,” laughed Aella “after everything you have done up to now you still doubt yourself.”

“Speak for yourself Aella,” retorted Natasa angrily. Aella looked shocked at Natasa's tone.

“You have been told by both Athanas & myself that what happened on the way here wasn’t your fault but you’re still full of doubt.”

“That’s not the same,” said Aella.

“Yes it is, it’s exactly the same.”

“Look princess forget me for a moment, the most important thing is that you do something to help your people, I know you can do it and bring happiness to your people you Just have to have faith in yourself. Anyway I need to go and check what’s happening, please try to get some rest princess and thank you,” said Aella as she stood up to leave.

“Thanks you for what?” asked a confused Natasa.

“For trying to protect the prince and for trusting me with knowledge of your secret desire for him,” Said Aella with a wink.

“AELLA!” cried a blushing princess.

“Sorry princess I didn’t mean to make fun of you. I am sure the prince would be very happy if he knew how much he meant to you,” said Aella with a smile. “Anyway I need to go, if I hear anything I will let you know straight away,” with that Aella left a flustered princess to herself.

Suddenly Aella poked her head back is the door “oh yes I meant to say I have assigned guards to make sure your safe, even though I doubt you will need the protection,” with that Aella was gone.

Natasa sat there flustered and completely at a loss there was no way she could sleep at the moment even if she tried, at the same time sitting about wasn’t going to help. Just then Frato came back into the room with a hot drink for Natasa.

“Here you go princess,” she said as she handed it over “I put a little something extra in it because I thought you might need it after what has happened.”

“Thank you Frato,” said Natasa with a smile “how is Militta?”

“She is alright princess; even though she was quite shook up about nearly being killed I am sure she will be back to her old self soon.”

“Wish I was,” muttered Natasa

“What was that princess?”

“Nothing Frato, just thinking aloud.” Said Natasa hoping Frato really hadn’t heard her.

“How did you know princess?” asked Frato

“Know what?”

“You know about the fact the prince was in danger,” said Frato trying not to look exasperated

“I just had a feeling,” said Natasa trying to play it down

“Just a feeling?” repeated Frato with a raised brow

“Yes.”

“That wasn’t what you said earlier princess, in fact I distinctly remember hearing you say you saw the prince being attacked in a dream.”

“It doesn’t matter, please leave the matter I would rather not discuss it if you don’t mind,” said Natasa as a depressed look appeared on her face.

“As you wish princess, just remember I am here for you if you need to talk about anything troubling you.”

“Thank you, Frato there is one thing I would like your help with. I don’t want to stay in this room waiting for news and there is no way I can sleep, so is there any chance you can show me around the palace,” asked Natasa

“Well I can accompany you but as I haven’t been shown around I am afraid I may not be much use.”

“That’s okay we can explore it together, it may help take my mind off everything a little.”

“Well first princess we need to get you dressed properly, after all you can’t keep walking around wearing your night clothes,” laughed Frato.

Natasa blushed “you’re right I suppose it wouldn’t be a very good idea.”

Frato went and told Sousanna to continue to look after Militta before returning to help Natasa dress more appropriately for exploring the palace. After what seemed like an hour Natasa was ready and after having a quick hot drink the pair of them left Natasa’s chambers closely followed by four armed guards.

Natasa was also armed carrying the sword she never let go of. The palace seemed huge as big if not bigger than that of the palace in Assyria, but as Natasa had not fully seen the palace in Assyria it was difficult to really compare. The palace also seemed to be a hive of activity as soldiers and guards were walking and running in every direction.

There still seemed to be no word of the whereabouts of the prince and from what they heard the prisoner they caught somehow managed to kill himself before anyone was able to get any answers from him. As they continued to explore the palace they suddenly came to some huge metal doors which seemed interesting due to the amount of guards protecting them.

Natasa couldn’t help but wonder what could be behind the doors, she didn’t have to wait long because it seemed one of the guards had contacted Aella who promptly turned up moments after they arrived.

“Princess, what are you doing out of your room? I thought you would try to get some rest.”

“There is no way I can rest while Athanas is still missing,” said Natasa angrily.

“My apologies princess, I didn’t realise how much the prince’s kidnap had affected you,” said Aella.

“I just thought as you won’t let me help and because I can’t sleep I would familiarise myself with the palace, is there any news yet Aella?” asked Natasa

“Still nothing I am afraid, but I am sure we will find him safely soon. In the meantime princess would you like to see what’s behind those doors?”

“Yes if that is okay, I take it from the fact it’s so heavily guarded that it’s either a secret or important in some way?” asked Natasa

“It isn’t a secret as such but yes it is important and is very much to do with you. I had hoped the prince would have shown you this tomorrow but obviously that’s going to be difficult,” Said Aella with a sigh “I might as well show you now as you’re here.”

“Something to do with me?” said a puzzled looking Natasa

“Yes,” said Aella as she keyed in her security code and stood back as the doors opened.

As they entered it wasn’t until the doors closed behind them that the lights came on and they were able to see just how immense the room was.

Natasa let out a gasp “what is that?” she asked whilst she stood awestruck.

“That princess is Ishtar the goddess of war, I said to you that we had managed to get it out of Assyria before Seleukos for his hands on it.” Said Aella

“But it’s got wings,” Natasa said in shock.

“Yes princess they are wings and yes it can fly, would you like to take a close look?”

“Yes please if that is okay, I don’t want you getting into any trouble.”

“Get me into trouble,” Aella laughed “Ishtar is yours and the prince had every intention of putting Ishtar in the hands of Ur’s queen. Obviously as Inanna can never return and you are her heir the prince in time would have handed it over to you.”

As Aella spoke they stepped onto a platform that began raising them up in front of the huge mecha.

“Are there other Mecha’s this big?” asked Natasa

“Actually there are, in fact the bulk of the military mecha’s are this size although I doubt many can compare to the power Ishtar has.”

As the platform neared the height of the torso the torso suddenly opened.

“What the?” said a confused Aella “what did you press?”

“Nothing,” said Natasa equally confused

As Aella turned to face Natasa she suddenly gasped on spotting the possible reason Ishtar had opened.

“Your necklace!” exclaimed Aella “It’s glowing.”

As Aella spoke the gems of the necklace suddenly broke away from the main body of the necklace as they had when Natasa had been attacked on earth. It seemed different this time though as the gems positioned themselves on different areas of Natasa’s body.

“What’s going on,” said Natasa in slight panic.

The group didn’t have to wait long to find out because as they watched the spaces in between the gems changed, the clothes she was wearing vanished to be replaced by some kind of cybernetic body armour. When the change was complete the gems stopped glowing.

“That’s amazing!” exclaimed Frato.

“You’re right,” said Aella “that is amazing I have never seen anything like that before.”

Natasa stood there stuck for words looking down at the new outfit she suddenly found herself wearing. If anything it was even more risqué than anything the maids had dressed her in, including the night clothes, she wasn’t uncomfortable or embarrassed though for some reason.

“This is amazing, I am not sure why but I feel stronger.”

“What is even more amazing is that the cockpit is open,” said Aella

“What do you mean?” asked Natasa

“Well princess when I said we hadn’t been able to power Ishtar up I meant we hadn’t even managed to get inside, as Ishtar seemed to have no power. Now it is obvious why.”

Just then Aella stopped talking and put her hand to her ear “yes, I understand I am on my way.”

“Sorry princess that was the war room, they have located the prince but it seems they have engaged several armed mecha’s but are pinned down. I need to cut our chat short and get over to the war room so I can organise reinforcements,” said Aella

“I’m going,” said Natasa as she stepped towards Ishtar.

“It’s not safe, you need to stay here and let the soldiers of Akkadia handle it,” said Aella trying to sound commanding.

“No, I am going Aella, I can’t stay here worrying about what’s happening, let me out with Ishtar,” said Natasa with determination.

“Fine, obviously I am not going to be able to talk you out of trying even though you have no idea if Ishtar is even capable of moving, take this,” Aella said handing Natasa an earpiece. “When I get to the war room I will instruct you how to set up the comms and navigation so we can send data to Ishtar on where to go.”

“Be aware princess Ishtar is a flying type the only way out is up, I will open the hanger doors as soon as I get to the war room,” said Aella

Frato looked lost, “where...” she said before Aella cut her off.

“Frato you can come with me and watch Natasa from the war room,” said Aella

Natasa entered the cockpit as the platform began to descend with Frato and Aella. As soon as Natasa had entered the cockpit lights came on but the displays were still off. What now though Natasa as she looked around the cockpit. As soon as she thought that she noticed a slot beside her.

As she looked at the slot she suddenly felt the sword and scabbard in her hands pulse. I wonder thought Natasa as she carefully pushed the sword and Scabbard into the slot. No sooner had she pushed it in all the way to the hilt all the monitors came on and Natasa heard the roar of the power plant as it started up.

This is amazing thought Natasa as the cockpit hatch closed sealing her inside the huge mecha.

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Chapter updates

Hi everyone,

Just want to make sure you know chapters will be coming out a little slower from now on as I have caught up to where I have written to. I am currently a 3rd of the way through writing chapter 9, I am planning to have it posted as soon as I can but as mentioned in other posts I had surgery on my elbow not very long back and I am stilla little sore so I am unable to type as quick as I normally can.

When I can I try to use my graphics tablet to write but itisn't as accurate as typing meaning I have to amend more and so on so I prefer the keyboard. Anyway I will try to make sure I post as often as I can.

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Awww.

Megumi-chan you tease! ;-)

Since this is fan fiction what Anime is it based off of? I'm kinda curious.

Hi Sarang, Firstly this

Hi Sarang,

Firstly this isn't fan fiction. It has not been based on anything other than my own imagination. All the characters are my own. The names of places have been based on places that exist or have existed on earth but that is it.

I have been told that my story has elements similar to some anime's but as I have never seen those anime's I wouldn't have a clue whether the person who mentioned it was right.

I will say that I searched the web for female anime characters pictures trying to find one that had cool armour that I thought would suit what I would invision Natasa to wear, and I found one for T-Elos that had a similar look to what I would want, and I have edited the art to make it look more like my vision but thats about it.

I was going to search for an anime mecha to use as Ishtar but I could not find anything I really felt matched what I thought Ishtar would look like and I am not up to drawing anything that complex, especially at the moment.

The only fanfics I have written are for Harry Potter and Ranma.

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Check your tags

I looked when this question was posted, and you have it tagged "Fan Fiction, Poster's Responsibility" so it's easy to come to that impression.

This is a pretty decent story, however you do need to look over your dialog, the lack of appropriate punction makes it a bit difficult to get through some places.

I hope your elbow recovers quickly, I can't wait to see what Natasa does now. Why do I have this feeling that the gem in the ring the prince wears is going to lead Ishtar with Natasa in control right to where the prince is being held? But one thing, if the gems make up the combat suit Natasa is wearing, will the missing gem leave her with a vulnerable weak point?

Hi Echic, Thanks for

Hi Echic,

Thanks for pointing out I had it tagged wrong lol, my only excuse is I was on painkillers when I first began posting this story and maybe I wasn't seeing straight lol.

I kept wondering why a couple of people thought the story was a fanfic, it never occured to me that it was because I was tagging it wrong lol. After the first chapter I kept selecting the same tags without really looking at what I was tagging. I think I will have to pay more attention next time lol.

I have now amended all the chapters tags. Thaks for letting me know, and my apologies everyone for my not noticing the mistake sooner. :D

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Dat's alright

No biggie.

Something occurred to me: Natasa has been PMS'ing ever since she arrived, which explains why her mood has been swinging more than the pendulum on a clock! And she is now at the controls of a bad-ass war machine. I almost feel sorry for whoever or whatever gets in her way. Almost.

Also, I'm thinking that the gem in the ring the prince is wearing might just lead Ishtar w/ Natasa on board straight to where the prince is being held, eh? But the gems in the necklace made up her battle suit, and one is missing since it is in the prince's ring. So does that leave her with a vulnerable spot?

Hi Echic, I can neither

Hi Echic,

I can neither confirm or deny whether the gem in question will affect Natasa's armour ((Grins evily)) I do have to agree though Natasa with PMS in a giant mechanical war machine is probably hazardous to the health and wellbeing of anyone she gets angry with.

Taking Athanas would probably be a big mistake especially considering her emotional attachment to him. hehe

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Oops!

Guess I kinda repeated myself, didn't I? It's Friday night before a long weekend, just a little brain-dead. :-)

Ok what about...?

A fan fiction on Esmereldas and her being M2F magic tranformation and falling in love with Captain Harlock? Just a thought. Leiji Matsumoto's art is quite feminine for the ladies and SO 80's! :D
I'm frankly surprised no one has done a Shadow Heart's Fan Fiction where Yuri is a butch Lesbian and Alice is a femme but I speak off topic too far. ;-P

There is no going back now

Hi,
That's as usual a wonderful chapter, and you manage to surprise us. Now, I can't imagine the prince accepting no for an answer from Natasa. She don't hide very well her love, the whole kingdom is going to be aware of it now.

How sad wehave to wait longer for the next chapter ... but I understand.

Take care, and I wish you well (so you can continue this story :-)

Millie

Should have Enhanced Interogation Techniques on the Intruder

RAMI

The terrorist killed himself. Too bad. They should have used enhanced interrogation techniques against him - Water Board the Bastard. If this was truly Ur or Assyria, 1500 BCE they would have used real torture to get the information. The Inquisition’s rack would be mild by comparison.

I just read all eight chapters. This is a fabulous story that you have created. The characters seem to be real and act in a way that can be expected. Your historical and biblical references are interesting. The mix between ancient references and ultra modern is well done. The mecha are great battle weapons, beats a Hummer any day.

I was surprised that the Princess sister (do not remember name) was not at the banquet. She should have been sitting near their table and be the first person introduced to Natasa. Fratricide was not uncommon among princess and princesses of ancient days. In fact the Borgia's were still practicing it during the renaissance. Is she the kidnapper?

Natasa needs to finally come to accept who she is and go forward to her destiny.

RAMI

RAMI

The Battle Queen Is Back!

And ready for action.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine