The Blossoming of Billy - Part 6

Printer-friendly version

“Why the heck you like spending so much time in the kitchen Billy?” Eric asked his brother.

“I just like cooking is all. It’s fun to me.” Billy replied.

The Blossoming of Billy

Part 6

By AshleyTS


 
“Why the heck you like spending so much time in the kitchen Billy?” Eric asked his brother.

“I just like cooking is all. It’s fun to me.” Billy replied.

It had been a month since Billy first became interested in spending time with his mother in the kitchen. Barely a day went by without Billy helping his mother with dinner. The two had become very close and developed a great relationship with each other.

“Well it seems like a pretty sissy thing to do bro. You need to spend more time outside doing physical stuff big time. I mean look at you. You’re weak bro. Dad is going to be pissed when he finds out that you can’t even do 10 push ups now.”

“You’re not going to tell him are you?” Billy replied in a panic.

“No, I’m not gonna but you need to stop this weird freaking behavior.”

“I’ll think about it ok? I’m just trying to spend more time with mom too.”

“Gotcha. Suck it up and stop being such a wuss. Come on.” Eric stated as he joined his friends outside. Billy felt he had little choice and went outside to join in the action. The game: Tag Football.

Billy joined the group of neighborhood boys including his buddy Adam. He felt a little out of place since he didn’t have his strength back and was hoping he could rely on his speed to get him through the game.

Everything was going well although maybe a bit rough. “Tag” was just a starting point for the rowdy boys and it soon became tackle football. The ball was hiked and Billy received the pass. Crap! He kicked his stride into overdrive and ran as hard as he could. What the heck? Three boys were gaining on him at a very fast pace. He used to be the quickest kid on the block and now he was moving in slow motion.

“Move your ass Billy!” his brother yelled.

Slam! Suddenly he was barreled over by one of the boys. He fell hard onto the grassy field. Billy was stunned. It felt like he was hit by a Mac truck. He was used to being tougher than this. He gasped for air as the wind had been knocked out of him.

“You ok Billy?” Adam asked.

“Yes…that…really…hurt” he replied gasping for air.

“Come on bro, brush yourself off and get back in the game!” Eric yelled from across the way.

“Just relax for a minute if you need to. Don’t let your brother bother you.” Adam stated. Billy caught his breath but noticed that his elbows had been scuffed enough to bleed. He felt embarrassed that everyone’s eyes were on him as they not so patiently waited for him to suck it up and continue the game. It was then that something happened. Something stirred inside of Billy. It progressively built as the teasing continued.

“Dude, do you want me to call my sister to fill your spot?”

“Are we going to play or what? I thought your brother was tougher than that?”

“Hey Billy, are you ok? You doing alright?” Adam asked with concern at the teasing.

All that was building inside of Billy welled up until he could take no more. He bit his lip and tried to contain his emotions but they were too strong and it was way too late. His lower lip began to frown and quiver as the boys around him grew more impatient. Billy looked around, then suddenly, tears began forming in his eyes. He wiped them quickly, but it was beyond control.

“Damn Eric, your brother is crying man!”

“Oh hell no! I thought we only invited men to play?”

“My sister is home if you want to go play house or dolls.” As the teasing continued the tears flowed more and more. He became a complete mess and had no way to control his emotions so he did the first thing that came to mind. He ran!

No one bothered to follow him. He knew that they must have had a great laugh at his expense.

What happened?!?

His lack of speed was somewhat surprising but understandable since his strength had yet to return. That tackle did hurt like crazy but what was up with the crying? He had always been very much in control of his emotions. His dad instilled in them that showing emotion is a sign of weakness so why was he so helpless to his all of a sudden?

He composed himself and headed into the house.

“Did you have fun outside Billy?” his mom asked.

“Yeah mom, I just got bored so I decided to come in for a while.”

“Okay…oh my, what happened to your shirt?” she asked noticing the grass stains on the side.

“It’s nothing mom, I slipped out there on the wet grass.”

“Sweetie, your elbows…oh honey, they are all scraped up. Are you ok?” she asked.

The look on her face and the worry in her voice was all it took to trip Billy’s tear ducts. That barrier he had to protect his emotions from the outside world seemed non-existent.His eyes welled up with tears without notice.

“Oh baby, come here.” His mom sympathetically said as she gave him a big hug. She was stunned at how emotional her son was. It was so unlike any of her boys.

“I…got…hit…hard…and…every…one…made…fun…of…me” Billy sobbed.

“Those mean boys! That’s just how they are. It’s ok because I’m here for you now.”

“Thanks mom.”

“Can we get you cleaned up?”

“OK”

His mom treated his scrapes and got him all bandaged up. He felt way better after that. She made him feel like everything was going to be ok.

“Much better! So how about forgetting about those silly boys and come help me out with dinner?”

“I’d like that mom.”


 
To Be Continued...

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Billy's Blossoming

Could be due to him being intersexed, and with puberty, and the hormones, he is developing as a girl. What will his dad say about it? He best not find out about the hormones, or he'll trounce him. But being a macho guy, will defend Billie if he thinks that it is nature.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Mothers love!

No strength ,Emotional ,Loves being with his mom.....Billy's dad would not like this one little bit!!!

Thankfully for Billy he is'nt there....But mom is...Billy now needs to reach to his mom and tell her everything, How he feels & what he most desires, Hopefully mom will see how unhappy Billy is and help him towards a better future

Hugs Kirri

Enjoying

I'm liking this story a lot better than 'The Softening of Jessie'. Billy's struggle with who SHE is inside is going to be very tough for her, especially with her father and brothers, but it seems that her mom might be willing to support her.

Longer chapters would be nice, though. The super short sections feel like the story is being rushed.

Melanie E.

I Detest Macho Idiots!

jengrl's picture

Billy's brothers need someone to take them down a peg and put an end to the macho bullshit their father has been filling their heads with. I really hope Billy's mother gains a backbone and finally sets her idiot husband straight on a few things when he comes home. He needs to quit trying to force Billy into being something she isn't. Mother needs to change the entire way her home is being run and fast!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

What cruel kids!

The intersexed angle is looking more and more likely to me. Billy had better tell his mom what's happening.

Thanks for another chapter!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What ever is wrong,

whether Billy is intersexed or there is a hormone imbalance, the plain fact is that his performance is not normal, for himself. This being the case then Billy needs to talk to someone about it and get himself checked out and he needs to get it done very soon. As for the attitudes and behaviour of Billy's numb nuts, so called, friends and brother, well this overly macho appearance is thought by a lot of the more stupid juveniles (and some limited intelligence adults too) to be the way that "men" are supposed to behave. It is a misconception of manhood which we should fervently hope is becoming less popular and may eventually join other dinosaurs in extinction. Unfortunately this day is still some way off. I look forward to reading the next episode of this interesting story, so please don't make us wait too long, Ashley,
Love and cuddles,
Janice Elizabethy