Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 687.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 687
by Angharad
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

In bed, Simon and I discussed what seemed to be happening. “Why is she talking about adoption?” he asked.

“I don’t know, unless she feels insecure, although I’ve tried to reassure her that she can stay as long as she likes.”

“What if she’s still with us at age thirty five?”

“I suspect she’ll be off long before that.” I felt quite sad at the prospect. “I mean, once they go to uni and feel the freedom, they don’t want to come home again and live under someone else’s rules.”

“Yeah, what about the boomerang kids?”

“Who? Is this some Australian problem?” I was unaware of who and what they were.

“No, it happens all over. It’s kids you thought you’d got rid of, who come back home with debts and dirty washing, to be kept by you: either because they can’t or won’t get a job, and also because it’s cheaper to let you keep them.”

“Are you suggesting that I should wrap their sandwiches in Situations Vacant adverts or travel brochures?”

“Very funny,” he chuckled, then he got very serious, “How about this?” he asked placing my hand on a certain part of his body.

“I don’t think they’d be too fond of sausage sandwiches,” I replied in dead pan fashion. Thankfully he laughed so much, he nearly fell out of bed. When he’d calmed down, he made more sensitive approaches, verging on foreplay. I teased him for a while, simply because I can, then when it suited me, I let him have his wicked way, while I tried to work out what was the best way to protect our custody of the children.

In some ways, I suppose marriage would tend to indicate a stable relationship, or at least the intention of one, which to me showed how shallow the system was. Maybe I should speak to our solicitor, the one who helped us with the court case to keep Mima and then Trish.

I began to feel very hot, I know having Simon bouncing on top of me, plus a small area of friction, would encourage body temperature to rise somewhat, but the bedroom seemed to get very oppressive. Then the flash of lightning happened, followed by the crash of thunder. It must have been loud–it made Simon stop in mid-thrust. I was bored with his efforts and the thunderstorm gave me the excuse to push him off and go to the bathroom. I know he felt a little peeved, but that was his problem.

I stood and watched the thunderstorm for a few minutes, only to jump out of my skin when something tapped me on the bum. It was Livvie. “Mummy, I’m frightened.”

“Of what?”

“Of the noises and the flashing lights.”

“You mean the thunderstorm?”

“Yes, it means God is cross with us.”

“Who told you that?” I turned and cuddled her.

“In Sunday School, it said something about it in the Bible.”

“And why should God be cross with us?” I asked wanting to add, ‘assuming there is such a thing as God.’

“He’s cross with my daddy for killing my mummy and then killing himself; it’s a sin.”

“It’s more than a sin, sweetheart, it’s illegal. Thankfully, they can’t charge you for Biblical sins, but they can for breaking the law.”

“The Ten Commandments, thou shalt not kill. Daddy broke one of the Ten Commandments.”

“Hold on, we’re not being just a trifle judgemental here, are we? Besides, in killing himself, didn’t he expiate his sins?”

“What does that mean, Mummy?”

“It means in taking his life, didn’t he pay for possibly killing your mother?”

“Do you mean, God punished him by making him kill himself?”

“Not really, sweetheart, not believing in any sort of God, I miss out on some of the special offers they have. You know, Absolution, buy one get one free?”

Livvie laughed, quite a dirty laugh for her age, I was half sure she had little idea of what I was talking about. But I’d need to check that out later. Now I was tired and wanting my bed, I yawned to emphasise the fact.

“Come on, kiddo, let’s get you back to bed.”

“I can’t, in case she comes into me again.”

“In case, who comes into you?”

“My old mummy.”

“What she came here, did she?”

“Yes, last night.” Just then, a huge crash of thunder occurred overhead, and she froze, then bursting into tears said, “Don’t let her get me will you, Mummy?”

“There’s nobody there, Livvie, it’s just the storm, hot and cold air meeting.”

“Don’t let her get me, Mummy,” she was becoming increasingly agitated.

“Sweetheart,” I grasped her shoulders and forced her to look in my eyes. “There is no one else here, nothing can hurt you while Simon and I are here. Do you understand?”

She was too upset to try and reason with her. It sounded as if she’d had a bad dream. It seemed easier to let her get into bed with us, than argue about bad dreams.

I noticed Simon fumbling under the bed clothes to put his pyjama bottoms back on. Normally, that would have been very funny, tonight it was a nuisance because it was stopping me from getting back into bed. When he ceased wriggling, I let her jump into bed and then followed her. She lay quite still and I fell asleep quite quickly. She also acted as the best contraception I could think of, so Simon sulked for a short time before falling asleep.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Normally I'd have thougth

that Livvie's thing about her old mommy trying to possess her would have been a bad dream but with the supernatural stuff that's come out in this story, who knows. Glad Cathy is available as a mommy and protector. Sorry Simon, kids frequently interrupt things. I found Cathy's "I began to feel very hot" thing a little ominous - she started to feel very hot then a thunder storm came up. Hmm... did Cathy's excitement call up a storm? Did Cathy react to the coming storm? Am I putting far more into the little clues Angharad teases us with that they deserve?

Asuming the supernatural exists in Cathy's World

Cathie's late Mom has visited her in Cathy's dreams and said she would have many children, so far so true but I got the implication at least some were born by her as biological mother.

Livvie's mom was a ruthless blackmailer and obviously drove her equally self-centered husband to fight with her, thus accidently -- but in his mind he WISHED it thus his later suicide from remorse -- pushing her over the railing of the balcony to a three story fall to the pavement head first --SPLAT! Was her mom evil or was it just a bitter break-up? The net result being neither tried or felt worthy of being a proper parent?

If being shoved off a balcony to your death wouldn't make a spirit a wraith bent on mindless vengeance what would? But then Cathy's mom's spirit and that of her dad, if he is repentant for his beating of his son/daughter, likely will rally to her defense as would the late Des and the boy who died from AIDS and even the mentally ill secretary of Tom's.. Then there are the wishes of the living such as the woman who was the wife of a high level pier Cathy saved from drowning and the boy she could not quite save?

Cathy has made some enemies, she has made far more allies. Come on bluelight special, heal Cathy and her girls and make them whole.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Interesting typo...

"the wife of a high level pier"

Which pier? Blackpool? Brighton Palace? Clevedon? Cromer? Eastbourne?

And which pier did it marry?


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I Can See It Now!

Cathy uses her Blue Glow to heal Livvie of her bad dreams, and in process, Livie's DNA show's her to be Cathy and Simon's. .

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I think Cathy needs to have a talk with the head of the school

Why is it that religious organizations feel the need to frighten children? Trishes comments....

“You mean the thunderstorm?”
“Yes, it means God is cross with us.”
“Who told you that?” I turned and cuddled her.
“In Sunday School, it said something about it in the Bible.”

Just make me so angry. Some self-richeous teacher is filling the kids heads with trash and fear about how god will punish them for anything they do wrong. This one has carried it a step farther to punishing Livvie for things her mom or dad did wrong. Why does religion do that to people, especially to kids? Control by fear and threat just doesn't seem very moral to me.

Last time I looked

Sunday School is at church, not at the school where the girls get their education. I wouldn't think Cathy will be taking her to church on Sundays, even if #1 mom did. She just has to be "deprogrammed".

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

DNA check?

Did anyone do a DNA identity check on the mother's body? Dental records? I don't trust that woman.
Not real sure about Livvie either, to tell the truth. Children that have failed to bond, give me the willies.

I was always told that

I was always told that thunderstorm rumble was the Angels bowling in heaven. Much nicer than God being angry at someone. Livvie sounds like a young child who needs to be seen by a child therapist and get her life, if she ever had one, back in order. J-Lynn

Thunder is

so scary when you are little, In my case it scared me so much that i used to hide behind the settee clutching the family dog.. I always used to say that i was looking after the dog because it was very scared... but my parents knew the truth!!!

Kirri

i have really sensitive

i have really sensitive hearing so thunder hurts and it freaks me out to near comatose levels.

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

Contraception

Hold on, does contraception mean preventing conception or preventing sex.

No doubt

Since Cathy can not get pregnant there isn't much doubt.

Poor Simon. He is going to be in bad shape tomorrow.

Cathy needs to get that kid to a good shrink. There are issues that if unresolved can fester. Come to think of it, what happened to anger management?

Adoption or Fostering

Thank you Simon, elsewise a case for DSS might happen.
Livvie is terrified of not being with Cathy, Tom, and Simon. She grew up in a house where a child was an inconvenience

Cefin.