Sarah's Shadow - 4 - Traveling

Printer-friendly version
Sarah's Shadow
A Venus Cursed! Story
Chapter 4 - Traveling
by Saless
 

Tiffany did her best to act like nothing was wrong, and made no attempt to talk to Sarah beyond normal work conversation the next day. She was beginning to think Sarah and her friends were some kind of aliens or something, but she didn't want them to know until she knew more about what was going on. If ever!

She watched them again after work from her now familiar perch at the window. They were doing something in the kitchen when she first arrived and it was some time later that they opened another portal and went through. On some impulse she didn't understand herself, Tiffany quietly opened the door and dashed through the portal just before it closed.

She ignored her surroundings at first, other than to find a good hiding place so they wouldn't see her. Once she had she realized she was in a very different place! When she saw the sign on the gate they walked up to her blood ran cold, 'Jurassic Park'! How could we be on a movie set for a movie that was made years ago and would have been dismantled by now? she thought, not for a moment considering that this might be the real thing.

She saw another portal opening up, so she dashed over to slip through before it closed. She barely managed to hide herself again without being seen. She thought Sarah had spotted her at first, but she was distracted by something and didn't look again.

Tiffany was as amazed by the sights of Jurassic Park as the others, and soon realized this was no movie set. How can this all be real? It's like we stepped into the movie! she thought with amazement.

She was even more amazed, and terrified, when Mike transformed into a Tyrannosaurus Rex! She was glad when he changed back, only to be shocked again when he became a dragon. How is this even possible? He's gaining and losing huge amounts of mass with these transformations. Are they illusions? she wondered as she gratefully watched him change back to human form.

Nothing else happened during their tour of the park, besides seeing extinct dinosaurs of several types! Tiffany was relieved when Sarah opened another portal and quickly slipped through it and hid behind the couch in Sarah's apartment. She heard them talk only briefly before Mike and Jill left. As soon as Sarah left the room Tiffany slipped out and ran back to her car. This is bigger than I thought! she mused as she drove home. There's still a lot of questions to answer, though.


 
To Be Continued…
 


up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gease?

Tiffany is either very irrational and stupid, or she is acting under some kind of a gease or compulsion. Very few rational adults would constantly spy in someone's window, then invade their house and jump through a portal that had previously disgorged things like bloody swords and a snake man.

Ray

Lets just say that Tiffany

Lets just say that Tiffany is learning something new about herself... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

That sounds like...

...the curse has rubbed off on Tiffany, and she'll soon be discovering she's got some 'unusual' abilities.

Probably in chapter 5 "Revelations" - which for obvious reasons I'll only read once I get to the relevant bit of the main story...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Gease?

Tiffany is either very irrational and stupid, or she is acting under some kind of a gease or compulsion. Very few rational adults would constantly spy in someone's window, then invade their house and jump through a portal that had previously disgorged things like bloody swords and a snake man.

Ray

Now that Tiffany is tagging along

Frank's picture

I wonder what abilities she's suddenly develop? X-Ray Vision for enhanced snooping? :P
Or Night Vision..Laser Vision...

Frank

Hugs

Frank

Naah.

Her ability will be squeezing through progressively narrower openings, while remaining unnoticed ;)

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

X-ray vision would sure be

X-ray vision would sure be handy, she wouldn't have to cram herself behind that hedge anymore! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Is She

Like Sue Storm Of the Fantastic Four?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That would be a great

That would be a great ability for her, so long as she didn't have to take her clothes off to be invisible... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America